PDA

View Full Version : Mallet for Tebow - "do it. do it."

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 11:49 AM
http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports....64363/31455865

excerpt
The executives portray the Tebow situation as a complicated one. They believe that while the Broncos are not openly trying to trade Tebow, they say that when teams have recently inquired about him, the Broncos haven't been saying he's off the trading block, either.

Again, just to be clear, the Broncos aren't openly shopping Tebow but teams that have asked were told: Make us an offer we can't refuse.

The Broncos might deny this, but based on their recent actions, it seems they're realizing Tebow might not be a bona fide NFL thrower. Tebow was the third quarterback in Denver's last game. It might not stay that way, and there is a solid chance Tebow simply stays in Denver and learns and the franchise keeps him around.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM
"an offer you can't refuse" that's like something so stupid that the Broncos are forced to trade him because it would be silly not to make the trade. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 1st, 2nd and a current player so that the Broncos could trade up in the next draft for Luck. Something really outrageous like that...

ChrisToker
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I wish

KO5K
08-21-2011, 11:55 AM
"an offer you can't refuse" that's like something so stupid that the Broncos are forced to trade him because it would be silly not to make the trade. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 1st, 2nd and a current player so that the Broncos could trade up in the next draft for Luck. Something really outrageous like that...

From my own views of how EFX have handled this thing, I reckon anything from a potentially high 3rd or better would be a strong offer.

Northman
08-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Why would NE be stupid enough to trade Mallet for Tebow? Brady isnt getting any younger and the way Mallet has played so far in preseason gives them hope for a replacement. Quite the contrary to what Tebow has done.

NFLBRONCO
08-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Too bad NE isn't that stupid

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Do they want star power in return for Tebow?

Again though.. it just doesn't make sense.. why would you make a guy look so bad if you want to get value for him?

It's the complete opposite of what everyone was saying they were doing with Orton..

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Why would NE be stupid enough to trade Mallet for Tebow? Brady isnt getting any younger and the way Mallet has played so far in preseason gives them hope for a replacement. Quite the contrary to what Tebow has done.

Because Mallet looks better on the Patriots than he would anywhere else.. and Brady could play till he's 40 the way he is protected..

AND Bellichick would know how to use Tebow and by the time Brady was ready to retire Tebow would certainly be ready.

I think Belli would make Tebow look great right away and make a big profit on his return..

Dagmar
08-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I feel bad for the Broncos fans who got excited about the kid (like I am/was) and spent hundreds of dollars on 15 jerseys to see him play 3 games.

Paladin
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Emo much, MacGruder?

Conspiracy theories lead to conspiracies? Jeez, the drama is thick. Almost like boots from the cleanup job at the corral......

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I feel bad for the Broncos fans who got excited about the kid (like I am/was) and spent hundreds of dollars on 15 jerseys to see him play 3 games.

collectors items baby..

It certainly doesn't make any sense though.

I guess the only explanation is the Broncos are thinking of the moment.. right now.. not the future.

Dagmar
08-21-2011, 12:05 PM
collectors items baby..

It certainly doesn't make any sense though.

I guess the only explanation is the Broncos are thinking of the moment.. right now.. not the future.

Do you have a cup for your drool or just a hanky?

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2011, 12:05 PM
If NE comes a calling for Tebow then EFX better know that Tebow has something very valuable that NE sees. Again, NE would have to make a stupid trade offer and Mallet ain't it.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
If NE comes a calling for Tebow then EFX better know that Tebow has something very valuable that NE sees. Again, NE would have to make a stupid trade offer and Mallet ain't it.

The thing is.. Belichick is the only guy in the NFL smart enough to know how to use Tebow.

This was the only reason McD took Tebow.. because he realized Belli would know how to use him and McD thinks he can be Beli..

KipCorrington25
08-21-2011, 12:08 PM
If we are in need of a stupid trade offer I'd call St. Louis' offensive coordinator.

Northman
08-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Because Mallet looks better on the Patriots than he would anywhere else.. and Brady could play till he's 40 the way he is protected..

Indeed. The Pats are a solid team and Mallet was playing against 2nd stringers. Probably why Tebow looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers as well.

AND Bellichick would know how to use Tebow and by the time Brady was ready to retire Tebow would certainly be ready.

How do you figure? BB likes QB's who can throw from the pocket, not scramble first QB's.

I think Belli would make Tebow look great right away and make a big profit on his return..

I think BB would make Tebow look like a great TE (wait they have that in Hernandez) or a RB (Wait, they have those too). Fact is, New England doesnt need Tebow in any way shape or form. Now, maybe the Jags or Lions might consider it. Hell, maybe the Eagles might as they already have two runners in Vick and Young there. Why not a third? lol

MacGruder
Do you have a cup for your drool or just a hanky?

Are you drunk?

Northman
If we are in need of a stupid trade offer I'd call St. Louis' offensive coordinator.

LOL

bendog
08-21-2011, 12:11 PM
http://googleemo.com/images/emoboy22.jpg

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2011, 12:11 PM
The thing is.. Belichick is the only guy in the NFL smart enough to know how to use Tebow.

This was the only reason McD took Tebow.. because he realized Belli would know how to use him and McD thinks he can be Beli..

Perhaps Beli does like Tebow and he might have taken Tebow in the second round... as a developmental type of QB. He'd make him sit behind Tom Terrific and watch and learn.

bombay
08-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Mallet probably has the best arm in the league, but makes lots of dumb mistakes. Forcing the ball in situations that are impossible, etc. Cutleresque. But I'd trade Tebow for him in a heartbeat. Good coaching might get rid of some of the stupid mistakes.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Indeed. The Pats are a solid team and Mallet was playing against 2nd stringers. Probably why Tebow looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers as well.

I don't think that's it.. I think Belli has built a perfect system to complement Tom Brady and Bellichick realized that Mallett had the same strengths as Brady.. so the system is perfect for him. And the team is a really good team.. few teams in the NFL are that good.. so Mallet won't look that good.. at least not in the short term. Which is why it makes a fair trade. Tebow gives the Patriots something they can use NOW. Unlike Mallet.

How do you figure? BB likes QB's who can throw from the pocket, not scramble first QB's.

Beli would make hsi system fit Tebow.. and adapt the system they have now to fit his strengths.. Same way McD would have if he was here. Just about any system can be tweaked like that. Fox is unwilling to tweak his game plan for Tebow. Fox lacks talent coaching. He's liek the Orton of coaches.

I think BB would make Tebow look like a great TE (wait they have that in Hernandez) or a RB (Wait, they have those too). Fact is, New England doesnt need Tebow in any way shape or form. Now, maybe the Jags or Lions might consider it. Hell, maybe the Eagles might as they already have two runners in Vick and Young there. Why not a third? lol

If the Broncos can use Tebow in red zone why not the Pats?

At the very least they could use Tebow just like Mallet.. develop him then showcase him to other teams.. when other teams see how Beli uses him they will realize they could do the same.. just like he did with mallet.

Beli feels a kind of responsibility for Tebow.. AND he loves "football" players like Tebow. But Beli told Tebow to stay his senior year and it has been a disaster for Tebow ever since. I think he feels a personal obligation there. From all I have seen and read that is my take.

And plus.. remember.. Beli is a freaking genius and football historian.. He will get the max out of him like no one else.. which is why TT is so attractive to him.

bendog
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Perhaps Beli does like Tebow and he might have taken Tebow in the second round... as a developmental type of QB. He'd make him sit behind Tom Terrific and watch and learn.

Or he's make in an ILB in the 3-4

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Before the draft the media asked BB if Tebow could be a NFL QB and Bellichick said that Tebow wouldn't get by him in the draft.. that could be interpreted different ways but I always felt he meant he would use his first pick on him.

peacepipe
08-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Beli would make hsi system fit Tebow.. and adapt the system they have now to fit his strengths.. Same way McD would have if he was here. Just about any system can be tweaked like that. Fox is unwilling to tweak his game plan for Tebow. Fox lacks talent coaching. He's liek the Orton of coaches.
why would he when he already has a system that he has won multiple SBs with. beli is too stubborn & too team oriented coach to ever think he needs to change vs making an unproven player like tebow change and fit beli system.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:33 PM
why would he when he already has a system that he has won multiple SBs with. beli is too stubborn & too team oriented coach to ever think he needs to change vs making an unproven player like tebow change and fit beli system.

But that is EXACTLY WHY Brady has been so successful.. because Belli figured out how to adapt his system to his personnel - Brady.

That is what makes great coaches.

But few guys have that ability and talent.. ESPECIALLY in the NFL where it's really more about being able to enforce a NFL team with all the strong personalities and politics rather than about being a cerebral coach. This is why Beli can just cut guys that are a problem like McD tried to do in Denver.

SoCalBronco
08-21-2011, 12:33 PM

Yep. The fans basically enriched the old man for nothing. He's sitting back on his rocking chair and laughing at us over a cognac.

I feel very bad for Tebow over how he's being treated now. If you don't want him, there's no need to be mean spirited, just let him go or trade him. The FO are acting like douchebags, to the surprise of no one.

Northman
08-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't think that's it.. I think Belli has built a perfect system to complement Tom Brady and Bellichick realized that Mallett had the same strengths as Brady.. so the system is perfect for him. And the team is a really good team.. few teams in the NFL are that good.. so Mallet won't look that good.. at least not in the short term. Which is why it makes a fair trade. Tebow gives the Patriots something they can use NOW. Unlike Mallet.

Again, this line of thinking makes no sense. Everything they do now is working as proven by their SB championships and success every year. There's nothing that Tebow brings that they need to succeed.

Why? The system he has works without Tebow. Why would he bother stripping that all down just to accomadate Timmy? Makes no sense at all. The guy has proven success using guys like Brady, Cassell, and possibly Mallet. Why would he go against everything he created for an unproven QB with poor mechanics?

If the Broncos can use Tebow in red zone why not Tebow?

He could, but he has RB's who can do the same thing. I dont think BB is nearly as infatuated with the wildcat stuff as Miami was. BB is a more straight forward thinker and sticks with what works for him.

At the very least they could use Tebow just like Mallet.. develop him then showcase him to other teams.. when other teams see how Beli uses him they will realize they could do the same.. just like he did with mallet.

Yes, but Mallet is closer to NFL ready than Tebow is. Trading for Tebow will mean waiting longer to develope. Should Brady go down Mallet will be ready from the word go.

Beli feels a kind of responsibility for Tebow.. AND he loves "football" players like Tebow. But Beli told Tebow to stay his senior year and it has been a disaster for Tebow ever since. I think he feels a personal obligation there. From all I have seen and read that is my take.

And plus.. remember.. Beli is a freaking genius and football historian.. He will get the max out of him like no one else.. which is why TT is so attractive to him.

I think Tebow would of stayed no matter what BB said. Tebow loved the Gators and loved Urban Meyer. It was already in his persona to stay his final year so i dont think BB's recommendation played that much of a part. Even if Tebow would of come out he wouldnt of been drafted higher than some of the other QB's taken that year. Technically, Tebow was drafted way too high anyway for a project.

Mile High Mojoe
08-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I think its way too soon write off Tebow. All this talk reminds of Elway's rookie year. We all know Elway had way better mechanics and a throwing arm than Tebow does. But Elway early on was very mistake prone, forcing balls in, under throwing then over throwing the ball, not looking for other receivers, impatience in the pocket. Sound familiar?

The national sports media, the writers at the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News all dog piled on Elway early. They were unmerciful have you guys forgotten that? Many wanted to see him fail and flame out just as bad as Tebow.

I love how these geek draft-nicks think that next yearís draft will always produce another great QB. Quality talented players like Tebow are not available year to year and some just need more time to get their head in the game, thatís all this is. Remember how rough Favre was around the edges? Early in his career heíd throw 4 TDís one game then 4 INTís the next. The same could be said of Elway.

Tebow stays IMO and should learn the system. Heís a winner, a warrior and the thing I like best about him doesnít quit on a play. Once he learns the game in the NFL heíll be one of the best red zone threats the Broncos have ever had. It amazes how day to day people live and think like thereís not going to be a tomorrow. On Monday Tebow be back in practice and my guess getting playing time in the next 2 preseason games.

My prediction: By mid-season Tebow will be the starter for the Broncos.

peacepipe
08-21-2011, 12:50 PM
But that is EXACTLY WHY Brady has been so successful.. because Belli figured out how to adapt his system to his personnel - Brady.That is what makes great coaches.

But few guys have that ability and talent.. ESPECIALLY in the NFL where it's really more about being able to enforce a NFL team with all the strong personalities and politics rather than about being a cerebral coach. This is why Beli can just cut guys that are a problem like McD tried to do in Denver.

beli didn't change his system to fit Brady. Brady was drafted because he was a fit in beli system.

El Guapo
08-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Tebow for Hillis?

Seriously, these threads are ludicrous. Let me know when something actually happens; until then, speculation is a waste of time.

Dagmar
08-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Are you drunk?

Are you a dribbling spastic?

Mile High Mojoe
08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Tebow for Hillis?

Seriously, these threads are ludicrous. Let me know when something actually happens. Until then speculation is a waste of time.^5

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Again, this line of thinking makes no sense. Everything they do now is working as proven by their SB championships and success every year. There's nothing that Tebow brings that they need to succeed.

Have you seen how dominant Tebow is in goal line situations? maybe you have forgotten since Fox and company have mismanaged him so much lately..

Well imagine that times 10 with Belichick?

Also.. did you see Matt Cassell play for the pats? Cassell is a poor man's Tebow.

Again.. why do you think McD drafted Tebow? it's because Tebow fits in perfectly in the system Belli runs. Belli got much of his system from Florida.. the system Tebow made look so grea there. If you watch Brady play in that system yous ee how many running opportunities there are in ti that Brady doesn't take advantage of.. I especially noticed this in teh last playoff game they lost..

Why? The system he has works without Tebow. Why would he bother stripping that all down just to accomadate Timmy? Makes no sense at all. The guy has proven success using guys like Brady, Cassell, and possibly Mallet. Why would he go against everything he created for an unproven QB with poor mechanics?

Because he could be even more successful in this era using Tebow.. even if it was in a limited role. See above.. Again.. you use Cassel as an example he was a poor man's Tebow.

He could, but he has RB's who can do the same thing. I dont think BB is nearly as infatuated with the wildcat stuff as Miami was. BB is a more straight forward thinker and sticks with what works for him.

For the right guy he would.. Remember when Beli had flutie kick that weird field goal? He loves using weird thing slike that. His system is very unconventional in the NFL. And it's ideally suited to Tebow.. which is why McD took him.. because McD used the same system.

Yes, but Mallet is closer to NFL ready than Tebow is. Trading for Tebow will mean waiting longer to develope. Should Brady go down Mallet will be ready from the word go.

I disagree.. the whole reason Tebow is having problems on the Broncos is BECAUSE they are misusing him for whatever reason. If belli had him that wouldn't be a problem.. you would see Tebow's full potential there just like you see Mallet's right now.. Plus.. imagine if Tebow had Belli's offensive lines protecting him. That is his whole problem on the Broncos - that's coaching.

I think Tebow would of stayed no matter what BB said. Tebow loved the Gators and loved Urban Meyer. It was already in his persona to stay his final year so i dont think BB's recommendation played that much of a part.

Tebow was already graduated and he knew juts like like Locker if he stayed in anything could happen. They say to go out when your hot.. not QB has ever won back to back in the BCS. It was almost assured he would be less desirable the next year.. plus.. he lost a lot of receivers. That hurt his offensive numbers which hurt the view of him. PLUS the bullseye he had on him. And most importantly he almost COULDN"T stay in school because of issues his dad had with his charity when in school. His ad couldn't take any money through charity while Tebow was there. The NCAA worked something out to allow Tebow to stay in college. Tebo almost left school to help his dad and charities financially. and even if Beli wasn't responsible I bet he feels responsible just because he seems like that kind of guy and values what Tebow is all about.

Most importantly he lost his offensive coordinator he had all through his time at Florida. and he had already graduated! He had no classes to take that whole year.

Even if Tebow would of come out he wouldnt of been drafted higher than some of the other QB's taken that year. Technically, Tebow was drafted way too high anyway for a project.

His value dropped a huge amount that last year.. he had just about everything go wrong. Lost talent around him.. his O coordinator.. the concussion.. lost the champ.. numbers dwindled because of all that. Plus the magnifying glass he had on him. If cam had stayed another year the exact thing would have happened to him even worse. Then he would have had to go to the Senior bowl like Tebow and would have been just as big a disaster..

he really should have gone out.. just like Locker before. just like Luck now.. just like Cam last year.

Ironically they said he should stay to show he was the best college player ever and then it end up costing him and people turn everything into a negative.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 01:03 PM
beli didn't change his system to fit Brady. Brady was drafted because he was a fit in beli system.

He tweaked his system to protect Brady.. just like you could tweak any system to fit Tebow. It's really not that hard.. it just takes BALLS. Something few in the NFL have...

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 01:06 PM
My prediction: By mid-season Tebow will be the starter for the Broncos.

Good post! I hope you are right.

It's really tough to tell what they are doing. The media doesn't help either.. as you point out there.

Inkana7
08-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Yep. The fans basically enriched the old man for nothing. He's sitting back on his rocking chair and laughing at us over a cognac.

I feel very bad for Tebow over how he's being treated now. If you don't want him, there's no need to be mean spirited, just let him go or trade him. The FO are acting like douchebags, to the surprise of no one.

Really, dude? "Mean spirited?" The FO are acting like "douchebags?"

I didn't know the Broncos were a pee-wee team. You sound like a parent with a kid who you want more playing time for.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM

man you're pathetic. go suck on shanny please, gtfo.

Hogan11
08-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Soaking the suckers...bleed them dry till the sales drop then discard.

Sure it's a dick move, but it's also a smart business one. You don't stop the cash registar from a'ringin' as long as people want to pay for promotional items that promote a third string never will be (ala Bradlee Van Pelt)

Captain 'Dre
08-21-2011, 01:43 PM

Can you think of ANY team that would (be stupid enough to) make the offer you describe?

It's clear that the Broncos' brain trust is NOT brimming with confidence about Tim Tebow... That makes it a Buyer's market, not a Seller's market.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if another club offered as much as a #2 pick for Tim, and shocked if a club offered MORE than that.

Mile High Mojoe
08-21-2011, 02:24 PM
All this talk of Tebow being a Bum and should be thrown on the ash heap is premature. Itís funny how Orton suddenly has rehabilitated himself in one meaningless preseason game against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

If my memory serves me right Orton played liked a Bum last year. People have short memories and live in the NOW I guess. Itís laughable that in one game the Mighty Quinn would vault over Tebow when this guy has nothing to indicate from past starting performances that he in any way will be a starting NFL QB, none.

So just chill out let the preseason play out the next 2 weeks. On opening day we could see a whole different scenario. Orton or Quinn could be on another team. I hope its Orton because once they count we can expect the same guy we saw last year to show up. Quinn? PleaseÖ

Mogulseeker
08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe McD will pull another Hillis and give us Bradford for Tebow.

DENVERDUI55
08-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Well it's a good learning lesson to not run out and buy a jersey of an unproven player that needs a ton of work. Marshall, Cutler are a few examples too.

Blueflame
08-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Maybe McD will pull another Hillis and give us Bradford for Tebow.

I don't think McDaniels is unilaterally making that type of decisions in St. Louis... which means even if he wanted to, someone "higher up" would veto the idea.

peacepipe
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
All this talk of Tebow being a Bum and should be thrown on the ash heap is premature. Itís funny how Orton suddenly has rehabilitated himself in one meaningless preseason game against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

If my memory serves me right Orton played liked a Bum last year. People have short memories and live in the NOW I guess. Itís laughable that in one game the Mighty Quinn would vault over Tebow when this guy has nothing to indicate from past starting performances that he in any way will be a starting NFL QB, none.

So just chill out let the preseason play out the next 2 weeks. On opening day we could see a whole different scenario. Orton or Quinn could be on another team. I hope its Orton because once they count we can expect the same guy we saw last year to show up. Quinn? PleaseÖthey're all bums as far as i'm concerned. orton just happens to be less of a bum

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Brady is sacked an average of 27 times a season during his career. Manning is sacked 17. 27 times a season is pretty much average in the NFL which points to BB not being a master of protecting his QBs. Matt Cassel was sacked 47 times as a starter for the Pats. Lead the NFL. The Pats Oline has never been anything but average in pass protection.

OABB
08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Brady is sacked an average of 27 times a season during his career. Manning is sacked 17. 27 times a season is pretty much average in the NFL which points to BB not being a master of protecting his QBs. Matt Cassel was sacked 47 times as a starter for the Pats. Lead the NFL. The Pats Oline has never been anything but average in pass protection.

wow.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
wow.

09 was the only time that Brady was sacked less then 20 times. Brady has always been in the middle of the pack when it comes to times sacked. That to is average. I'm not saying they suck, I just think its crazy to say that BB is all words at protecting Brady when the stats don't back it up.

Here is his career break down.
41, 31, 32, 26, 26, 26, 21, 16, and 25.

Br0nc0Buster
08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
The Tebow fanboys are getting out of control
Its apparently not a possiblity that Tebow isnt ready or doesnt know the offense as well as the imcumbant starter
Nor is it a possibility that working on his mechanics and learning the offense will benefit him unless he starts

Its either the FO hates him and is somehow trying to sabotage him
Or Pat Bowlen is telling the coaches to keep Tebow out for monetary issues(apparently Tebow wouldnt sell more jerseys as a starter)
Or the coaches are scared of playing him in fear of him dominating and forcing them to keep him as the starter(someone really said something to this effect)

I guess the reports of Tebow being behind Orton and Quinn in camp are part of the conspiracy as well

and this is coming from someone who going into TC wanted Tebow to start