PDA

View Full Version : Instead of "Suck for Luck", let's "Win with Quinn"

FADERPROOF
08-21-2011, 06:43 AM
At this point, Broncos might as well give Brady Quinn some 1st team reps and see what he can do. His skillset and ceiling is much greater than Kyle Orton's and there's no doubt that he can become the Broncos starter.

Everyone should jump on the bandwagon, Win with Quinn!!!

Hogan11
08-21-2011, 06:47 AM
I've been saying it, the guy needs an honest chance to see what he can do here. His performances in the last two preseason games alone are heads and shoulders above anything he ever did in Cleveland. The offseason tweaking appears to have benefitted him greatly.

I'm down with it, it's Number 9 time!

Swedish Extrovert
08-21-2011, 07:57 AM
At this point, Broncos might as well give Brady Quinn some 1st team reps and see what he can do. His skillset and ceiling is much greater than Kyle Orton's and there's no doubt that he can become the Broncos starter.

Hahaha, I think more people are starting to think this way. Sassy asked me for a report after the first week of camp, and I told her that Quinn looked like our best QB.

tsiguy96
08-21-2011, 08:00 AM
im totally down with him getting a shot with the #1s. i STILL think its kinda ****ty that they shut down 1st team reps for anyone else about 2 practices in.

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2011, 08:10 AM
I think it can be said that he has the most catchable ball of the 3

FADERPROOF
08-21-2011, 08:26 AM

Yep.

His skillset overall is better than the other QB's on this team, start him and ley's win some games this year!

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2011, 08:31 AM
I do think Orton gives us the best shot to win, but Quinn is much improved over previous seasons. He worked at it having enlisted the services of several coaches.

vancejohnson82
08-21-2011, 08:33 AM

that would kill Lloyd's ability...throw it in his hands and it hits the ground...but put it in his area and he makes magic happen

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2011, 08:36 AM
that would kill Lloyd's ability...throw it in his hands and it hits the ground...but put it in his area and he makes magic happen

That's what works out for Orton. We happen to have a guy that compliments his skill set.

vancejohnson82
08-21-2011, 08:39 AM
That's what works out for Orton. We happen to have a guy that compliments his skill set.

I was talking about that last night with somebody. It's a perfect combo. Orton puts the ball just within his reach and it works out perfectly.

Agamemnon
08-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I do think Orton gives us the best shot to win, but Quinn is much improved over previous seasons. He worked at it having enlisted the services of several coaches.

Quinn is much more talented and has a higher ceiling than Orton. If they are giving up on Tebow, they need to give Quinn the job so we can see if his improvement is for real. This idiotic obsession with eking out one or two more wins with Orton (which is far from guaranteed anyway) does nothing for our long-term prospects of returning to contention. It is the very definition of short-sightedness.

RMT
08-21-2011, 09:25 AM
I could see the Broncos resigning Quinn to compete for the starting job next year and beyond (maybe a 3 year deal) with Orton going elsewhere. Perhaps then Tebow could be our #2 QB. ;)

Northman
08-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Its just preseason people, he was traded away for a reason. Lets not get crazy. lol

bronco militia
08-21-2011, 09:28 AM
I hate to say it, but I think orton is twice the QB as Quim and Tebow.

We're screwed if the score is close, late in ball games

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2011, 09:29 AM

How about Quinn getting traded? Ever think of them apples? Um yah, EXF has your asss covered bro.

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Quinn got trade, but people act as though things are static. Quinn has improved.

Northman
08-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Quinn got trade, but people act as though things are static. Quinn has improved.

Too early to say really. He's only played against 3rd string scrubs and vanilla defenses so far. He has a lot more work to do.

spdirty
08-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Too early to say really. He's only played against 3rd string scrubs and vanilla defenses so far. He has a lot more work to do.

Well it isn't just preseason but training camp as well. I'm on board the Quinn bandwagon till Orton learns how to stop choking in the clutch

Drek
08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
How about Quinn getting traded? Ever think of them apples? Um yah, EXF has your asss covered bro.

We got Quinn last year for what everyone thought was ****. We stuck him at 3rd string and gave him no run at all last season. Looking ok in two pre-season games against 2nd and 3rd stringers does not suddenly change that.

Further, the NFL has only made it more conducive to running with three QBs. Given Tebow's lack of experience and Orton's track record for getting hurt every season why in the world would we not take advantage of that?

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2011, 11:03 AM
We got Quinn last year for what everyone thought was ****. We stuck him at 3rd string and gave him no run at all last season. Looking ok in two pre-season games against 2nd and 3rd stringers does not suddenly change that.

Further, the NFL has only made it more conducive to running with three QBs. Given Tebow's lack of experience and Orton's track record for getting hurt every season why in the world would we not take advantage of that?

we'll see, I think EFX is trying to make the best of an awkward situation. If another team comes along and offers a decent trade for Quinn I think EFX pulls the trigger, esp. since he's in the last year of his rookie contract.

FADERPROOF
08-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Good to see that some people are with me, Win with Quinn!!!

elsid13
08-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Good to see that some people are with me, Win with Quinn!!!

Of the three quarterbacks on the team, I like Quinn the best. But that doesn't mean I would not take Luck or Barkely if we had a chance at them next draft.

extralife
08-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm glad Quinn looks like a real QB again, but Orton is the starter. Get over it. Teams don't bench their starting QB in the middle of camp without a really good reason--especially when he's making 9 million dollars. And there is no really good reason. In fact, while Quinn looked good yesterday, Orton looked better. Orton and Lloyd obviously have really nice chemistry as well. Honestly, the only reason all this QB **** is occupying all the attention of Broncos fans is because of a perfect storm of moves at the position and at the HC and personnel rooms. None of it has anything to do with what's happening on the field. If we were Random Team A and Orton wasn't involved in the Cutler trade that immediately split a fan base coming off 14 years of coaching stability, and if Tebow's name was John Doe instead of Joe College Phenom McChristian, this wouldn't be a story. Not even close to a story. It's the absolute least important thing going on with this team right now, and no one can shut up about it.

Northman
08-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Well it isn't just preseason but training camp as well. I'm on board the Quinn bandwagon till Orton learns how to stop choking in the clutch

Its just practice. Practice is a far cry from live games my friend.

Sir_Robin
08-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd prefer Tebow but I could support Quinn. I will not support orton.

ChrisToker
08-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Quinn is much more talented and has a higher ceiling than Orton. If they are giving up on Tebow, they need to give Quinn the job so we can see if his improvement is for real. This idiotic obsession with eking out one or two more wins with Orton (which is far from guaranteed anyway) does nothing for our long-term prospects of returning to contention. It is the very definition of short-sightedness.

Especially w/ Orton giving us the finger as he walks to FA next year. Quinn would be willing to alter situational plays w/ TT for the better of team as opposed to Orton.

Dagmar
08-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd rather have Quinn as No.1 QB than Orton. He looks mobile and accurate. People who think Orton is going to have some sort of major jump in performance after the last 2 years are in for a rude awakening on September 12.

broncolife
08-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm glad Quinn looks like a real QB again, but Orton is the starter. Get over it. Teams don't bench their starting QB in the middle of camp without a really good reason--especially when he's making 9 million dollars. And there is no really good reason. In fact, while Quinn looked good yesterday, Orton looked better. Orton and Lloyd obviously have really nice chemistry as well. Honestly, the only reason all this QB **** is occupying all the attention of Broncos fans is because of a perfect storm of moves at the position and at the HC and personnel rooms. None of it has anything to do with what's happening on the field. If we were Random Team A and Orton wasn't involved in the Cutler trade that immediately split a fan base coming off 14 years of coaching stability, and if Tebow's name was John Doe instead of Joe College Phenom McChristian, this wouldn't be a story. Not even close to a story. It's the absolute least important thing going on with this team right now, and no one can shut up about it.

I think the team trying to trade our starting qb right before the season has something to do with people wanting someone other than Orton starting.They basically told the fans that dont like Orton that they were right about him. Plus he reminds some of us of Griese.

bombay
08-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I like the idea of putting him on equal footing with Orton and let the best man win. I think at this point Quinn could be a capable NFL starter.

Captain 'Dre
08-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Then again, maybe it's "Abortin' with Orton"? Ha!

GoHAM
08-21-2011, 03:50 PM
It seems like the light has gone on for Quinn, which is good since he looked like **** last year. I would really like to see him have a go with the first team.

Quinn looks good, at this point, I'm way more confident in him than Tebow. Unless Orton goes All-pro on us this year I think he walks next off season.

I would love to see Tebow with a full off season next camp. Quinn vs. Tebow next camp sounds good to me. I doubt Orton will be around.

FADERPROOF
08-21-2011, 04:05 PM
This thread got me the best rep comment ever, thanks Ozomulsion that had me laughing.