PDA

View Full Version : The Tebow Chronicles: Perception versus reality

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:05 PM
This was a post in a thread but I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle.. I know many here wouldn't want to miss one of my valuable posts. :D :P :giggle:

When people say "Tebow doesn't look ready" simply because he doesn't lay down in the face of pressure they are really doing their team a disservice because another Qb like Orton or Sam Bradford would just lay down and take a sack in the exact same situation and this is how the position should be played?

I just think fans, coaches and players don't understand what they are seeing.

There is an aspect of all this I think people are missing too in this specific example.. one of the huge advantages Tebow has is his conditioning. This is something people just never really think about and don't understand how valuable it is. people are so focused on 40 times etc.. what good is a 40 time if a player has no endurance throughout the game?

At Florida I read an article where the coaches were blown away by Tebow's stamina.. they said they put a heart monitor on him to study how much energy he was exerting and they said the thing was pegged for the entire practice - 2 hours.. something like that.

So the point is.. when Tebow runs around like that, doeesn't just lay down and take the sack.. or throw the ball out of bounds and makes the game LOOK ugly he is wearing down the opposing defenses.. and if he keeps playing like that game after game his team is going to be conditioned that way too.. and opposing teams will not be prepared for that.

I think this was a huge part of what made Tebow so great.. he wears down opposing defenses and dominates them this way.

There was a UF and Tennessee game where Tebow just took the game over.. and Lane Kiffin and his dad (NFL coaches) who is a great defensive coach had a gameplan where they were forcing Tebow to beat them.. they were doing everything they could to wear him down and Kiffin kept saying to himself at the end of the game.. "he's gotta wear down.. he's got to... he's not human",, he talked about this after the game.

So.. this is a very good example of what i have been trying to explain to people about how unique and freakish Tebow is AND how he needs coaches to USE these unique abilities.. and FANS need to realize these things instead of thinking.. "Tebow doesn't look ready".. simply because he is so different and how being different can be a great great thing. Something that is being completely overlooked and wasted as well. The funny thing is if Tebow just had a chance to play we wouldn't even need to make these evaluations.. he would win and people wouldn't understand why and it wouldn't matter.

This is also why training camps are so ineffective showing these kinds of things.. and why playing Orton over Tebow is so silly really.. even a Quinn or any normal QB not just Orton. It's also a shame that Tebow hasn't been the established leader all training camp.. this drive of Tebow's would be rubbing off on the whole team.

Dagmar
08-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Utter retardation goes through three phases...

tsiguy96
08-20-2011, 02:07 PM
im curious if anyone will actually read this. if you do, say i.

Doggcow
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM

Haha, I skipped down to the replies.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 02:17 PM

This.

Can anyone handle him anymore?

Good for a laugh, but jesus...

orangeatheist
08-20-2011, 02:17 PM

ditto

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
You can lead a herd of Broncos to the water but you can't make them drink.... So sad..

bigbucks24
08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Utter retardation goes through three phases...

This is DAMN funny. :rofl:

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Typical witch hunt... Mob mentality..

bigbucks24
08-20-2011, 02:26 PM
By not taking sacks, a player, singlehandedly wore down an entire defense. I can't believe more coaches aren't getting this. Why not have the QB run around playing "keep away" while the D chases them. By the 4th quarter, the D will be worn out and you can do whatever you want. Remember TECHMO BOWL where you could be Bo Jackson and run around and no one could touch you? It's kinda the same principal. But do it with Tebow. Brilliant!

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 02:26 PM
MacGruder's penis goes through three stages:

1. Inverted.
2. Mocked.
3. Impotent.

hambone13
08-20-2011, 02:29 PM

1. Inverted.
2. Mocked.
3. Impotent.

:~ohyah!::rofl:LOL

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:34 PM
By not taking sacks, a player, singlehandedly wore down an entire defense. I can't believe more coaches aren't getting this. Why not have the QB run around playing "keep away" while the D chases them. By the 4th quarter, the D will be worn out and you can do whatever you want. Remember TECHMO BOWL where you could be Bo Jackson and run around and no one could touch you? It's kinda the same principal. But do it with Tebow. Brilliant!

Have you never seen Fran Tarkenton play?

And it isn't just scrambling around.. it's running the ball himself.. running no huddle offense forcing the tempo.. getting everything he can on every play.. over time that adds up..

It also confuses and defense.. if you do things out of the norm defenses lose their composure. They can only play their set defenses for a coupe seconds.. then as things breakdown they lose their discipline and their defensive responsibilities which allows a great intelligent super conditioned athlete to exploit those mistakes. it demoralizes them.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM

1. Inverted.
2. Mocked.
3. Impotent.

And you said I was thirteen.. how ironic..

(stupid) LOL

Shananahan
I was hoping this thread was to announce your new line of children's books or something.

DBroncos4life

I watched Bo Jackson run and he reminds me of Tim Tebow.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 02:37 PM

Tim Tebow is stronger than Suh, a better runner than CJ and jumps higher than Superman!

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Tim Tebow is stronger than Suh, a better runner than CJ and jumps higher than Superman!

NFL holding whitey QB down since 1920.

bigbucks24
08-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Maybe he fashioned his game after Tim? Or after what Tim's game was going to be? Was Tim even a sparkle in his Daddy's eye when Bo was running all over people?

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 02:40 PM

It's been posted of over 2000 times already.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:42 PM

This from the guy who said Peyton manning was athletic...

Unbelievable..

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:44 PM
I was hoping this thread was to announce your new line of children's books or something.

That's what this group needs.. maybe then they would understand what is going on? LOL

Some pictures and diagrams.. pop-up books..

Steve Sewell
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Macgruder, you need a little vacation from the forums. Not for the good of the board, but seriously for your own good. Your obsession appears to be pretty self-destructive.

Mr. Elway
08-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Classic! I scrolled right past the OP to the responses and they are all about how everyone else did the same thing.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Macgruder, you need a little vacation from the forums. Not for the good of the board, but seriously for your own good. Your obsession appears to be pretty self-destructive.

Ya'll are fans of a terrible team that does nothing but lose and saying a terrible QB no one else wanted should be starter and you claim I am the one with the strange obsession?

LOL

I don't think many are at all in touch with reality..

Oh.. and the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.. it;s ok to be different you know.. that's the moral of this whole thing with Tebow too..

Mr. Elway
08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Ya'll are fans of a terrible team that does nothing but lose

Get lost then punk.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-20-2011, 03:19 PM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Look at Stink breaking news. RT @markschlereth: Tonight Brady Quinn takes over as #2 QB for Broncos. Tebow goes to #3!

CEH
08-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Tebow also cried like a little girl after Alabamba beat him down 32-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTI2lFwxUTI

Requiem
08-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I got an 18 pack of Bud Light and got wasted when we picked Tebow.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Get lost then punk.

I'm just saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.. LOL

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Look at Stink breaking news. RT @markschlereth: Tonight Brady Quinn takes over as #2 QB for Broncos. Tebow goes to #3!

God ****ing damnit.

Baba Booey
08-20-2011, 03:25 PM

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7066/1313808805650.jpg

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Dear John Fox,

http://pichars.org/store/1313_original_t1A2X.

GreatBronco16
08-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Ya'll are fans of a terrible team that does nothing but lose and saying a terrible QB no one else wanted should be starter and you claim I am the one with the strange obsession?

I don't think many are at all in touch with reality..

Boy this is a classic coming from a non Bronco fan.:giggle:

oubronco
08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Their just trying to see what they have in Quinn by letting him play with the 2nd string...............Sheesh

oubronco
08-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't think many are at all in touch with reality

Oh the irony in this qoute

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Boy this is a classic coming from a non Bronco fan.:giggle:

Bronco fanatic? LOL

So you think it makes more sense to be a Bronco fanatic right now than a Tebow fanatic?

Even while the Broncos are misusing Tebow and embracing Orton ta boot? lol

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh the irony in this qoute

Says the guy siding with Merril Hoge and the guy who drafted Jimmy Clausen.. :D

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Just shut the **** up.

Jesus.

oubronco
08-20-2011, 03:32 PM

You are an idiot of epic proportions and i'm done.............. later

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Just shut the **** up.

Jesus.

Steve Young....Just think what BB would do with Tebow.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Steve Young....Just think what BB would do with Tebow.

I'm too busy melting down over the thought of another full Orton lead season and being replaced by Quinn for his inevitable injury, while we view our former players at positions of need and coach enjoy success across the league.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Just shut the **** up.

Jesus.

There goes more ass backwards NFL fan thinking.. trash the guy speaking sense and ignore the guy claiming Orton should start.. LOL

What is WRONG with NFL fans? Sports fans in general?

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 03:39 PM
There goes more ass backwards NFL fan thinking.. trash the guy speaking sense and ignore the guy claiming Orton should start.. LOL

What is WRONG with NFL fans? Sports fans in general?

I hate sports fans....

but I dream about wearing a sports figure's skin as a robe

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I hate sports fans....

but I dream about wearing a sports figure's skin as a robe

You are projecting... :~ohyah!:

I am really not that big a fan of Tebow.. I am just fascinated by the entire story.. especially how wrong people can be evaluating his ability.. just like the people who thought Cam Newton was going to come in and blow Tebow out of the water..

Blueflame
08-20-2011, 03:43 PM
RE: post #37....

The NFL doesn't have to adjust to Tebow; he needs to adjust to the requirements of the professional-level game. If he can't do that then he won't make it in the NFL and that's a fact.

Hating on the Broncos football team... on a Broncos forum... is always going to make one a lightning rod for criticism and mockery, MacGruder.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Haha, you mean that wasn't already posted?

I'll post a thread.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:48 PM
RE: post #37....

The NFL doesn't have to adjust to Tebow; he needs to adjust to the requirements of the professional-level game. If he can't do that then he won't make it in the NFL and that's a fact.

Hating on the Broncos football team... on a Broncos forum... is always going to make one a lightning rod for criticism and mockery, MacGruder.

Who was hating?

It's just reality.. that was the point.

And if Belichick had said that about Brady adapting to the NFL and not the other way around they likely wouldn't have any championships.

Great coaches adapt to their personnel.. bad coaches don't. The media has said this repeatedly.. that the Broncos need ta adapt to Tebow. Sure.. they don't have to.. if tey think they can be better another way then by all means..b ut when it doesn't work out that way and Tebow plays great when adapted to people will realize where they went wrong and how his abilities wer wasted.

MagicHef
08-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Mr. MacGruder-

There are lot of people that don't like Tebow here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248755

Please educate them.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Mr. MacGruder-

There are lot of people that don't like Tebow here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248755

Please educate them.

lol

If those guys had the power to get their coaches fired like with McD and had a call on Tebow I definitely would...

Kaylore
08-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Mr. MacGruder-

Please educate them.

Best idea yet! Please go over and show them the light!

Blueflame
08-20-2011, 04:13 PM
It fits the definition of "hating on a team" to say they're "a terrible team that does nothing but lose", MacGruder. This statement also tells me you haven't followed the Broncos for long because "mediocre" is a far more apt term for the post-Elway Broncos than "bottom-feeder" is. Last year's 4-12 is an anomaly; not the status quo for this team.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 04:16 PM
It fits the definition of "hating on a team" to say they're "a terrible team that does nothing but lose", MacGruder. This statement also tells me you haven't followed the Broncos for long because "mediocre" is a far more apt term for the post-Elway Broncos than "bottom-feeder" is. Last year's 4-12 is an anomaly; not the status quo for this team.

You show you are living in the past here. I think this is a big part of the problem and why instead of building for the future people are desperately hoping Orton can do something and wasting season after season on him.

Again... how its it hating to say the tema sucks right now and does nothing but lose? that's all they did last season.. and looked terrible doing it. They were slaughtered in games..

The one ray of hope the tema has and it's ignored and misunderstood.. but I am the one that doesn't get it? haha

peacepipe
08-20-2011, 04:20 PM
You show you are living in the past here. I think this is a big part of the problem and why instead of building for the future people are desperately hoping Orton can do something and wasting season after season on him.Again... how its it hating to say the tema sucks right now and does nothing but lose? that's all they did last season.. and looked terrible doing it. They were slaughtered in games..

The one ray of hope the tema has and it's ignored and misunderstood.. but I am the one that doesn't get it? hahaI for one don't want us wasteing season after season on orton,but I don't want to waste season after season for people to figure out that tebow is a bust.

Blueflame
08-20-2011, 04:21 PM
It's far more accurate to say the Broncos sucked last year (in the past). I'm living in the present and fully expect the team to go back at the very least to 8-8 if Dumervil can stay healthy and Von Miller is as good as he's looked in camp (please note: both players mentioned here play defense). Again, the suckage was not the status quo for this team... and (IMHO) it's in the rear view mirror; having left town with McDaniels.

McDman
08-20-2011, 04:22 PM
This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list (http://orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Seriously guys, ^ this! Do it.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I for one don't want us wasteing season after season on orton,but I don't want to waste season after season for people to figure out that tebow is a bust.

I could understand that thinking if the Broncos had someone better than Orton or Quinn.. Quinn already had his chance.

I really just think the issue is that the Broncos don't have anyone with a clue how to build around Tebow.. so few NFL people can actually think...

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 04:26 PM
It's far more accurate to say the Broncos sucked last year (in the past). I'm living in the present and fully expect the team to go back at the very least to 8-8 if Dumervil can stay healthy and Von Miller is as good as he's looked in camp (please note: both players mentioned here play defense). Again, the suckage was not the status quo for this team... and (IMHO) it's in the rear view mirror; having left town with McDaniels.

I think that is deluding yourself though.. QB is incredibly important and your defense is old now and developing in Von Miller.

the offense was supposed to be carrying this team under McDaniel and Orton couldn't get it done even with McD. Without him I see no chance.

And wishful thinking doesn't change the reality as of now. Hopefully things get better for you all.. but it is what it is. There is really no reason to believe it will . The Broncos are really still suffering because of BONEHEADS.. cutler, Marshall and now Orton.. and the coaches not knowing how to play arguably their most valuable player.

Hogan11
08-20-2011, 04:49 PM
This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list (http://orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Seriously guys, ^ this! Do it.

Done. I've about had my fill of the Tebow personality cultists and transplanted Gator fans.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Done. I've about had my fill of the Tebow personality cultists and transplanted Gator fans.

I was NEVER a gator fan either.. I am sure you will find some way to spin that and have another witch hunt though..

Blueflame
08-20-2011, 05:07 PM
The #32-ranked defense in the league... not Orton... was why we went 4-12.

Depends on what your definition of "old" is... I can buy "Brian Dawkins" at 37... you're stretching it to include 33-year-olds Champ Bailey and Andre Goodman. But the rest of the defense is under 30.

Just as Tebow is not yet ready to be a starter at QB in the NFL, McDaniels was not yet ready to be a HC.

I think a valid argument could be made for Elvis Dumervil as the "most valuable player" (meaning the team would struggle if he gets injured) for the 2011 Denver Broncos...

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 05:14 PM
The #32-ranked defense in the league... not Orton... was why we went 4-12.

I disagree. McD's gift was offense.. the offense was constructed to carry the team. McD made Orton look so good but he wasn't good enough to fill his role and make the offense carry the team AT ALL. There were many games the Broncos could have won if he wasn't AWFUL in the clutch.

Just as Tebow is not yet ready to be a starter at QB in the NFL, McDaniels was not yet ready to be a HC.

Tebow is the guy that gives the team the best chance to win.. ready or not. He proved that last season in a horrible situation.

He also had the best production of any rookie QB.. and broke records..

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 05:27 PM
This is an article referencing the game I was talking about..

The Tebow factor

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
Monday, Sep 21, 2009
tweet
Email
Print
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Monte Kiffin spent 26 years as an NFL defensive coordinator, a time in which he won a Super Bowl and developed the innovative Tampa 2 scheme. He has long been regarded as one of the finest defensive minds in football.

In all his years trying to stop great quarterbacks, Kiffin had never seen one exactly like Florida’s Tim Tebow. That’s not to say Tebow is better than, say, Joe Montana or Tom Brady. That’s not even close. He’s just different; the NFL doesn’t use QBs as short-yardage battering rams.

Saturday evening, as Kiffin, now the defensive coordinator for his son Lane at Tennessee, reflected on the Volunteers’ 23-13 loss at the hands of No. 1 Florida, he noted that just about everything he drew up for and demanded from his players had worked.

Big plays were limited. Passing lanes were clogged. Confusion may have led to conservative play calling. The high-powered Gators were held to their lowest point total in nearly two seasons.

Florida QB Tim Tebow rushed 24 times for 105 yards against Tennessee.
(Getty Images)
Yet Florida won.

And there was essentially one reason – Tebow.

“You can’t give Tebow three more snaps,” Monte said, shaking his head at all the third-down conversions the QB delivered. “It drives me nuts.”

Tebow has been the Gators’ key player for a while now. He was an X-factor as a backup on the 2006 BCS title team. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2007. Last season he drove them to another BCS championship.

Yet thanks to a lack of other game-breaking players, never before has Tebow meant so much to Florida. And thanks to what Monte Kiffin game-planned Saturday, essentially making Tebow more of a running back than a quarterback, Florida’s fate may come down to a simple question.

How much punishment can Tim Tebow take before he breaks?

Tebow failed to throw a touchdown pass Saturday for the first time in 30 games. His 19 pass attempts rarely went downfield (his long completion was just 18 yards). He even tossed an interception and had a fumble. Yet his ability to repeatedly churn out critical, lower the boom, back-breaking yardage, especially on third down, was the difference in the game.

The quarterback rushed 24 times Saturday for 105 yards. The rest of the team combined for 20 carries. It’s a risky way to use a quarterback, all but inviting injury.

Monte Kiffin had watched every snap Tebow took the past two years in building the game plan against him. One of the hopes was by forcing him to run the ball, repeated contact with the Vols’ physical defenders would wear him out.

It was the one thing Tennessee underestimated.

“I kept saying [over the headset], ‘He’s bound to get tired, he’s bound to get tired, he’s bound to get tired,’ but he never did,” Lane Kiffin said.

“I don’t think he’s human. I really don’t.”

Blueflame
08-20-2011, 05:36 PM
You're completely incorrect as usual, MacGruder. Football is a team sport and 3 phases of the game (offense, defense, and special teams) affect the outcome of a given game. The most successful teams in any given year are typically not handicapped by extremely-subpar play from one (or more) of the 3. While very good performance from an offense can perhaps offset mediocre or even sorta-bad performance on defense and/or special teams, it's very nearly impossible for even the very best offense (with an elite QB, WR, and RB) to overcome a defensive performance that ranks dead last in the league. The 2010 Broncos had an elite WR, a mediocre QB and below-average RBs... and a bottom-of-the-barrel defensive performance.

Tebow's not ready to start on opening day 2011... time will tell if he ever will be ready. But for now he's not.

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 05:59 PM
yawn....its not even entertaining anymore

its like a cat with a mouse...you bat it around a bit for amusement but eventually you get tired and snap its spine and go take a nap

I'm tired

gunns
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Have you never seen Fran Tarkenton play?

And it isn't just scrambling around.. it's running the ball himself.. running no huddle offense forcing the tempo.. getting everything he can on every play.. over time that adds up..

It also confuses and defense.. if you do things out of the norm defenses lose their composure. They can only play their set defenses for a coupe seconds.. then as things breakdown they lose their discipline and their defensive responsibilities which allows a great intelligent super conditioned athlete to exploit those mistakes. it demoralizes them.

And a big reason they never won a SB. Elway did it just enough to keep defenses off track. Tarkenton did it too often, as did Vick pre prison.

You mention Bradford. Weren't they taken in the same draft? Somebody's playing like a QB.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:42 PM
And a big reason they never won a SB. Elway did it just enough to keep defenses off track. Tarkenton did it too often, as did Vick pre prison.

Elway was nowhere near the pure athlete Tebow is and this is a different era. Pocket passing systems aren't as dominant as they were then. Teams put up a lot of offensive numbers but no quarterbacks are really dominant.

That running Qbs are as successful as they are even being used so poorly and in such a limited fashion shows you this is a different era.

You mention Bradford. Weren't they taken in the same draft? Somebody's playing like a QB.

According to the QBr rating Bradford was one of the worst ranked Qbs in the league.

And Tebow had better games than Bradford when he played. He actually had the best performances of any rookie in the chances he had to play.

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I remember when Tebow was drafted by the Yankee's.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:58 PM
I remember when Tebow was drafted by the Yankee's.

Yeah.. there was no one more athletic than 80s baseball players.. True..

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah.. there was no one more athletic than 80s baseball players.. True..

Starting HOF QBs might be more then 3rd string QBs though.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Starting HOF QBs might be more then 3rd string QBs though.

In this era he'd just be another guy.. lol

Matt Stafford..

Didn't they all use roids back then too and other assorted drugs? lol

No wonder the decisions being made now are what they are.. :thumbsup:

DarkHorse30
08-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Typical witch hunt... Mob mentality..

not really. A mob wouldn't argue with you, they would just string you up. Obviously you are still able to type.

in keeping with your suggested theme, I believe you may have accidentally cast a spell with your mirror glasses on and mogrified yourself into an attention whore.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 09:17 PM
not really. A mob wouldn't argue with you, they would just string you up. Obviously you are still able to type.

in keeping with your suggested theme, I believe you may have accidentally cast a spell with your mirror glasses on and mogrified yourself into an attention whore.

I was given attention without trying to get it and just embraced it. I didn't really have a choice..

And is that a Harry potter reference? Haven't seen ANY HP movie.. I need to sit down and watch em all some day.

TailgateNut
08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
God ****ing damnit.

I friggin told you guys he needs to be a clipboard jockey for a while. This isn't college ball.

Oh, and thanks all for not quoting the one man Tebow booster. He can actually make someone hate that Tebow is on the team.

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I friggin told you guys he needs to be a clipboard jockey for a while. This isn't college ball.

Oh, and thanks all for not quoting the one man Tebow booster. He can actually make someone hate that Tebow is on the team.

Tebow MIGHT change the game at some point. In a different type of role, or perhaps someday at QB.

As Broncos fans we need to support what is going on. This might not be a bad team and we have a lot of vets that i really love watching (Dawkins, Champ, DJ) that I want to see in the playoffs again

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Is the issue with building a system around Tebow really about the personnel on the team?

Having older more experienced players that don't want to adapt to a new system and would rebel playing such an unconventional system that Tebow would need..

I think this could be what is causing the problems..

Guys like Lloyd etc who would make noise about not getting their numbers and worried aobut getting hurt etc etc..

This is why a young team without prima donnas would be ideal for Tebow.. a Belichick team!

You would need a coach with the clout to do it too.. this may be why the Broncos don't know what to do and need Tebow to adapt to them.

peacepipe
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
. I suspect tebow will a great player one day in the CFL.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 04:13 PM
McD was going to do it if Orton hadn't gotten him fired..

The NFL is changing... if a team would run a system like the wildcat as much as Miami did it tells you there is a reason why there is a place for Tebow.

Tebow was so successful in college for the same reason. If Belichick didn't have Brady I bet he would take Tebow in a heartbeat and dominate with him. He;s probably the only guy smart enough in the NFL. Which is why little Beli tried to do the same - McD.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
If BB didn't have Brady I beet he would be looking for work.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 04:21 PM
If BB didn't have Brady I beet he would be looking for work.

Right.. that's why he made Cassell and Mallet look like gods too.. lol

Tebow would really be a mile high messiah with Belli if BB can make Mallet and Cassel look so good.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Mallet looks like a god? I guess you didn't check out his stats from this week.

broncosteven
08-21-2011, 04:32 PM
At Florida I read an article where the coaches were blown away by Tebow's stamina.. they said they put a heart monitor on him to study how much energy he was exerting and they said the thing was pegged for the entire practice - 2 hours.. something like that.

So the point is.. when Tebow runs around like that, doeesn't just lay down and take the sack.. or throw the ball out of bounds and makes the game LOOK ugly he is wearing down the opposing defenses.. and if he keeps playing like that game after game his team is going to be conditioned that way too.. and opposing teams will not be prepared for that.

I think this was a huge part of what made Tebow so great.. he wears down opposing defenses and dominates them this way.

There was a UF and Tennessee game where Tebow just took the game over.. and Lane Kiffin and his dad (NFL coaches) who is a great defensive coach had a gameplan where they were forcing Tebow to beat them.. they were doing everything they could to wear him down and Kiffin kept saying to himself at the end of the game.. "he's gotta wear down.. he's got to... he's not human",, he talked about this after the game.

So.. this is a very good example of what i have been trying to explain to people about how unique and freakish Tebow is AND how he needs coaches to USE these unique abilities.. and FANS need to realize these things instead of thinking.. "Tebow doesn't look ready".. simply because he is so different and how being different can be a great great thing. Something that is being completely overlooked and wasted as well. The funny thing is if Tebow just had a chance to play we wouldn't even need to make these evaluations.. he would win and people wouldn't understand why and it wouldn't matter.

We should use all that power that Timbo puts out to power to a Electrogavitic propulsion device on the sidelines while he waits for Orton and Quinn to get hurt.

HAT
08-21-2011, 04:46 PM

Tebow would really be a mile high messiah with Belli if BB can make Mallet and Cassel look so good.

Beli made Mallet look like an NFL god? When did this happen?

peacepipe
08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
McD was going to do it if Orton hadn't gotten him fired..

The NFL is changing... if a team would run a system like the wildcat as much as Miami did it tells you there is a reason why there is a place for Tebow.

Tebow was so successful in college for the same reason. If Belichick didn't have Brady I bet he would take Tebow in a heartbeat and dominate with him. He;s probably the only guy smart enough in the NFL. Which is why little Beli tried to do the same - McD.

the wildcat! that worked when it caught people off gaurd. not anymore.

HAT
08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
We should use all that power that Timbo puts out to power to a Electrogavitic propulsion device on the sidelines while he waits for Orton and Quinn to get hurt.

It's pretty obvious that MacG wants to be "blown" away with Tebow's, ahem, "stamina".

Arkie
08-21-2011, 04:48 PM

Mallet looked good before. His weakness was attitude and drug rumors.

peacepipe
08-21-2011, 04:49 PM

the point you're missing is that mallet & cassel are both pocket passers. BB didn't make them pocket passers as he would if he drafted tebow.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Mallet looked good before. His weakness was attitude and drug rumors.

Cam Newton went number one and he had every kind of character red flag imaginable. He was nowhere near the pro style game either.

A big knock on him was also his lack of mobility. Which Belli has the ideal system for because it hides Brady;s weaknesses too.

Put Mallet in a normal system without that stellar protection and coaching and he likely looks a lot worse.

If guys knew he would have looked that good coming out of the gates none of the red flags would have mattered much. They would have swept them under the rug.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 04:59 PM
the point you're missing is that mallet & cassel are both pocket passers. BB didn't make them pocket passers as he would if he drafted tebow.

Cassel didn't play like a pceky passer.. did you watch him? He put up as many rushing yards as Vince Young that season. Young didn't quite play a full season but still..

That was McD's last year when Cassel played so well.. which was likely why McD was made a head coach.. And McD seeing how successful Cassel was running in that system was probably a big reason McD took Tebow.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 04:59 PM
It's pretty obvious that MacG wants to be "blown" away with Tebow's, ahem, "stamina".

You're projecting! :wiggle:

TheReverend
08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Cassel didn't play like a pceky passer.. did you watch him? He put up as many rushing yards as Vince Young that season. Young didn't quite play a full season but still..

That was McD's last year when Cassel played so well.. which was likely why McD was made a head coach.. And McD seeing how successful Cassel was running in that system was probably a big reason McD took Tebow.

Yeah... Young played 3 games and only started one.

Seriously, are you retarded?

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 05:02 PM
the wildcat! that worked when it caught people off gaurd. not anymore.

It worked with Tebow running it all last season in the red zone.

Cam Newton was just drafted number one for gods sake.. lol He was nowhere near the passer Tebow was.. or runner for that matter..

Arkie
08-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Mallet has always looked good. His lack of mobility wasn't a issue. He was only sacked two more times than Newton last year. His passing stats were superior last year to Newton, and the year before to Tebow. Mallet and Newton were the top two QB prospects at the end of the season until the drug rumors earlier this year.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah... Young played 3 games and only started one.

Seriously, are you retarded?

I meant Vince Young's following season.. grow up

You really are desperate.. :spit:

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Mallet has always looked good. His lack of mobility wasn't a issue. He was only sacked two more times than Newton last year. His passing stats were superior last year to Newton, and the the year before to Tebow. Mallet and Newton were the top two QB prospects at the end of the season until the drug rumors earlier this year.

Of course his passing stats were higher.. he didn't run any.. comparing his numbers to Newton and Tebow is pretty silly for that reason.

If drug rumors were the issue then why would Belli take him of all people.. that really makes no sense..

TheReverend
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM
I meant Vince Young's following season.. grow up

You really are desperate.. :spit:

So if you're allowed to arbitrarily take Cassel's highest rushing total and compare it against a different and partial season for Vince, then Cassel ALMOST rushed for the same amount of yards?

And I'M desperate? :spit:

broncosteven
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
So if you're allowed to arbitrarily take Cassel's highest rushing total and compare it against a different and partial season for Vince, then Cassel ALMOST rushed for the same amount of yards?

And I'M desperate? :spit:

Cassel was a virtual rookie thrown into the season and is nowhere NEAR the athlete Tebow and Vince are.. yet in that season he put up similar numbers to Vince Young even though it wasn't quite a full season.

My point was just to show the running opportunities in that system. And McD drafted Tebow.. and planned to use him in the same system which was built off of studying Tebow's system in college where he put uo record breaking numbers..

Do I need to "drawr" a picture for you?

:spit:

DBroncos4life
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
It worked with Tebow running it all last season in the red zone.

Cam Newton was just drafted number one for gods sake.. lol He was nowhere near the passer Tebow was.. or runner for that matter..

We didn't even run the wildcat with Tebow in the RZ. Are you sure you even watched Tebow.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Cassel was a 4 year vet when he took over for Brady! Virtually a rookie Jesus H Christ. There is no such ****ing thing.

Northman
08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
This.

Can anyone handle him anymore?

Good for a laugh, but jesus...

The good news is it only took me a couple of posts to determine that. He's like the Mane's answer to BOB from CP. :D

gunns
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Elway was nowhere near the pure athlete Tebow is and this is a different era. Pocket passing systems aren't as dominant as they were then. Teams put up a lot of offensive numbers but no quarterbacks are really dominant.

That running Qbs are as successful as they are even being used so poorly and in such a limited fashion shows you this is a different era.

According to the QBr rating Bradford was one of the worst ranked Qbs in the league.

And Tebow had better games than Bradford when he played. He actually had the best performances of any rookie in the chances he had to play.

You're MVPlaya aren't you. No response from me, since I just figured it out. You're an idiot and that's not being mean, it's just obvious.

broncosteven
08-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Do I need to "drawr" a picture for you?

:spit:

I saw a "levitation" device invented by Colonel George Fabyan in the Geneva IL History museum the other day, it didn't work but I can draw a picture of it for you. It was built around 1909 ish way before your guy invented all his stuff that didn't work.

Northman
08-21-2011, 05:55 PM
You're MVPlaya aren't you. No response from me, since I just figured it out. You're an idiot and that's not being mean, it's just obvious.

Actually. This sounds like Jagsbitch. I recognize the responses. He tries to say the QB position has changed even though current history proves him wrong time and time again. Jags is a seriously delusional OBSESSIVE tebow fan, nothing more.

broncosteven
08-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Actually. This sounds like Jagsb****. I recognize the responses. He tries to say the QB position has changed even though current history proves him wrong time and time again. Jags is a seriously delusional OBSESSIVE tebow fan, nothing more.

I don't think MVPlaya was smart enough to be as stupid as mCg. Plus he would meltdown way too easy.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Are you guys on another witch hunt again?

vancejohnson82
08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Are you guys on another witch hunt again?

Nope...it's an Idiot Prowl

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Now that's ironic coming from this group.. team defective.. LOL