PDA

View Full Version : Who'll you be watching Saturday?

Boomhauer
08-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Any players or position battles you'll be paying more attention to against the Bills? Here's a few to consider;

The DTs - Bunkley(77) and Vickerson(99) should be starting, but behind them is all-new. UT Brown(62) stepped up last week on the 3rd string and should get a shot with the twos. Unrein(96) and newly acquired Presley(??) should be on the field for the first time and may play either DT position. Jarmon(93) may also bump from LDE to UT. McBean(98) might move from 3rd string NT, where he stank it up last week, to 2nd out of necessity, but hopefully someone else has surpassed him.

The DBs - McCarthy(34) could be our starting SS tomorrow and this season. Carter(28) looked very good as 3rd string SS last week and has been getting looks as 2nd FS this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the twos at either position tomorrow. We could also see Harris(38) or Bruton(30) in at FS, surpassing McBath(31) who was horrible last week. Bruton could also get a look as 3rd SS.

Squid(22) is back from a twisted ankle and got looks with the twos this week. Not sure if Vaughn(41), Squid or Jones(33) will be playing NB with the ones, but there's a good chance Squid and Vaughn will be our CBs with the twos. Cox(32) has dropped back to 3rd string and I'll be watching to see if Harris(38) also gets looks at NB or CB.

The RBs - NoShow(27) and McGahee(23) have solidified their position as starters, but the 3rd RB spot is still up for grabs. Johnson(37) looked great last week displaying 1-move quicks shared by the starters that Ball(35) and Minor(36) lack. If he shows himself a competent pass blocker, he should be #3. I'll be keeping an eye out for Gable(29).

The OL - Daniels(64) might not see the field with a twisted ankle and Hochstein(71) is complete garbage at OG. OC/OG Ramirez(65) didn't look good with the twos and threes last week. That leaves the 2nd string interior basically an open competition. Byers(63) looked good as 3rd OC and Olsen(69) played well last preseason (didn't play last week). Both are OC/OGs that could beat out Hochstein and Ramirez for a roster spot. I'll also be watching Taylor(72) to see if he improves his play at RT or if Porter(70) or Grant(67) see the field.

Orange&BlueMohawk
08-20-2011, 01:45 AM
McCarthy for sure. He seems like he will be dangerous.

DHallblows
08-20-2011, 01:48 AM
I'm going to say the QB position. It's an extremely valuable position that everyone on this board seems to be overlooking...

DivineLegion
08-20-2011, 01:49 AM
The interior line because we need them to be stout if we are going to win games in our division.

extralife
08-20-2011, 01:56 AM
still going to be keeping my eyes on Von Doom. interior Oline and secondary, as well. secondary depth, particularly.

Shananahan
08-20-2011, 01:57 AM
McCarthy for sure. He seems like he will be dangerous.
I will cross my fingers and be pleasantly shocked if McCarthy ever amounts to anything more than average depth. Maybe the light's gone on inside his head or the staff has figured out a way to utilize every drop of his ability, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'll be mainly watching the rookies, as always. Other than that I'm probably most interested in the competition at CB. Maybe MLB. Hopefully Orton gets two full halves.

FireFly
08-20-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm most interested in watching our O-line, McCarthy our MLBs and of course our QBs.

Perry1977
08-20-2011, 02:35 AM
I will really be watching 74. I want to see him pass block more and what kind of push he gets in the running game. I really hope he pans out.

HorseHead
08-20-2011, 04:00 AM
I want to see Decker get some touches....

the youngsters in the secondary....

Orlando Franklin...

dbfan21
08-20-2011, 05:17 AM
I will cross my fingers and be pleasantly shocked if McCarthy ever amounts to anything more than average depth. Maybe the light's gone on inside his head or the staff has figured out a way to utilize every drop of his ability, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm with you on this. Last year, he was awful. I am very surprised he has ascended the way he has. Obviously the coaching staff has seen someting out of him. I will definitely be watching out for him on the field tonight.

I will also be watching our first string run defense, particularly DT's ability to stuff the run.

Jimeeh1970
08-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Anyone have a link to a stream or I won't be watching anyone.

Thanks

cmhargrove
08-20-2011, 07:17 AM
I am watching Franklin (pass blocking), I want to see Nate Irving show up and fight for the MLB job, and the starting WR trios (Lloyd, Decker, Royal?). I just don't understand what is going on with Royal.

I also thought our run offense last week looked sensational. We ran it right down Dalllas' throat. Are we going to try this again (to set the tone), or do we want to get pass happy to help with the QB competition?

Finally - i'm watching the big DT on the other side of the field. How does Dareus play against us, especially since he promised to "make Denver pay" for passing on him.

oubronco
08-20-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm interested in the D-line 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string they better get a good feel for what they have cause the cut date is rapidly approaching and there will be some decent ones being let go

O-line depth looked like dog crap last week and I want to see if the coaches have made adjustments and if they got any better cause if one of the starters goes down they're screwed

McDman
08-20-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm going to say the QB position. It's an extremely valuable position that everyone on this board seems to be overlooking...

If only we had someone on this board who would be willing to tell us why Tebow embodies greatness at every opportunity.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Miller, Tebow, Vaughn, Thompson, Franklin

Greatspirits
08-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Both the O-line and D-line, everything starts with being able to run the ball and stopping the run!

Punisher
08-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Brady Quinn

BowlenBall
08-20-2011, 11:20 AM
The tight end battle is very interesting and very fluid -- Quinn is out for this game, but Thomas, Fells, Rosario, Green, and Gronkowski are all battling for a limited number of spots.

HorseHead
08-20-2011, 11:33 AM
on the other side: no kidding, I actually like Fitzpatrick's game. I know he seems like a middle of the pack QB..(don't go there..)..

nothing flashy, scrappy...Ivy League dude..don't get me wrong, I wanna pick six from Champ and multiple sacks from "Von Doom"...

no returns from Eddie or Spiller tonight...buzz kill..

strafen
08-20-2011, 12:12 PM
I'll be watching the QB's.
Is there really anything else to watch?
Our season, our future depends on finding a QB.
We know Orton it ain't it.
So, anything else outside the QB's that may come as a surprise will be nice, but QB's is what this is all about, folks...

Hamrob
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
The DT's
The DE's
The LB's
FRANKLIN
The RB's...especially the youngsters
The TE's
Tebow

vonqkilla
08-20-2011, 12:48 PM
<----
All day, we should mash the buff OL.

broncofan2438
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
I want to see Decker get some touches....

the youngsters in the secondary....

Orlando Franklin...

Ditto that. I'd love to see decker be a huge part of our offense this year