PDA

View Full Version : Merril Hoge & McShay looking stupid

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0BIKmoq0s

This is why you should never listen to the talking heads...

Merril is even saying the same tired refrain. I wonder if he just picks a guy to repeat the same shtick because it's all he has?

ZachKC
08-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Oh well.

Nature of the draft.

*shrug*

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Yes.. but it should put to rest any complaints the talking heads have to say about Tebow's supposed issues passing the ball.. They have no clue what they are talking about.

There are so many factors involved that they just have no idea of the context of what they are looking at..

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chance as anyone making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, If he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.

ZachKC
08-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Yes.. but it should put to rest any complaints the talking heads have to say about Tebow's supposed issues passing the ball.. They have no clue what they are talking about.

There are so many factors involved that they just have no idea of the context of what they are looking at..

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chanc eof anyone of making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, UF he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.

Congratulations.

You just picked up on something everyone who has ever watched sports understands.

It isn't a science.

Doggcow
08-19-2011, 02:00 AM

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chanc eof anyone of making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, UF he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.

Wait, Locker is a can't miss?

Lol, he's like a ****ty version of all aspects of Tebow that doesn't win.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Wait, Locker is a can't miss?

Lol, he's like a ****ty version of all aspects of Tebow that doesn't win.

Yes.. before he decided to stay his senior year they said he was the sure fire number one pick and one of the greatest QB talents to come out of college ever. The one subpar season where he looked bad in the pocket and his value tanked.

I think Tebow was more valuable the year before he came out.. when he went to the senior bowl and didn't tear it up because he had a huge bullseye on him and wasn't comfortable playing under center it seriously hurt his stock. The same thing could have just as easily happened if he had to play in the sneior bowl.

I think the same will happen to Andrew Luck too.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Congratulations.

You just picked up on something everyone who has ever watched sports understands.

It isn't a science.

You say that but the media is tearing Tebow apart right now and many Bronco fans are buying it.. and players are so dumb they buy into it, too..

You lose the locker room as a QB and you are in trouble. There i a lot of jealousy among players too and I think this just gives them an excuse to revolt.

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 02:39 AM
give it a rest, i promise you you are converting more people against tebow just because they dont want to read your rambling anymore.

UberBroncoMan
08-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Funny stuff. Not surprised.

Doggcow
08-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Yes.. before he decided to stay his senior year they said he was the sure fire number one pick and one of the greatest QB talents to come out of college ever. The one subpar season where he looked bad in the pocket and his value tanked.

I think Tebow was more valuable the year before he came out.. when he went to the senior bowl and didn't tear it up because he had a huge bullseye on him and wasn't comfortable playing under center it seriously hurt his stock. The same thing could have just as easily happened if he had to play in the sneior bowl.

I think the same will happen to Andrew Luck too.

Locker had an 0-12 season.

Only a ****ing moron would have said he was "can't miss" after that.

ZachKC
08-19-2011, 03:05 AM
You say that but the media is tearing Tebow apart right now and many Bronco fans are buying it.. and players are so dumb they buy into it, too..

You lose the locker room as a QB and you are in trouble. There i a lot of jealousy among players too and I think this just gives them an excuse to revolt.

Well you letting the media piss you off is your problem.

I don't know why an adult would even give a ****.

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Well you letting the media piss you off is your problem.

I don't know why an adult would even give a ****.

especially about sports. media opinion changes by the minute

strafen
08-19-2011, 05:46 AM
So, what I need to know is where's Brohm?

Archer81
08-19-2011, 05:50 AM
Media did not love Elway, or Griese, or Plummer or Cutler. Why should things change?

**** em.

:Broncos:

Punisher
08-19-2011, 05:52 AM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-f_DPrSEOEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
08-19-2011, 05:54 AM

John elway's best season in college was 6-5 if memory serves me right.....and he never played in bowl game...and he was #1 overall in everyone's mind in '83

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 06:10 AM
http://<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FzRH3iTQPrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Punisher
08-19-2011, 06:23 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kXLQQGSxyhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 06:37 AM

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chance as anyone making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, If he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.

http://<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ub3XYDcMdhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abqbronco
08-19-2011, 07:18 AM

I'm curious. Where do you stand on Tebow? Do you like him or not? It would be really awesome if you could dominate every discussion with the same tired argument for at least two months straight. Could you work on that for me? Thanks!

Drunk Monkey
08-19-2011, 07:30 AM
I am pumped!!!. It's Hatch Green Chili time and you can buy them fresh at the grocery stores!!!! Coming from New Mexico it was a standard part of my diet for 18 years and I miss it. Last night I made a burrito and smothered it with Green Chili sauce and had a chili relleno also. I am going to make and freeze about 5 gallons of that stuff before they go away again. If anyone needs me I wll be in the kitchen.

http://www.newmexicocatalog.com/assets/images/a_chile-box-for-web-8.jpg

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I am pumped!!!. It's Hatch Green Chili time and you can buy them fresh at the grocery stores!!!! Coming from New Mexico it was a standard part of my diet for 18 years and I miss it. Last night I made a burrito and smothered it with Green Chili sauce and had a chili relleno also. I am going to make and freeze about 5 gallons of that stuff before they go away again. If anyone needs me I will be in the kitchen.

Goddamn it. I'm dieting for one more work and posts like this are seriously murder to me.

Smiling Assassin27
08-19-2011, 07:45 AM
I am pumped!!!. It's Hatch Green Chili time and you can buy them fresh at the grocery stores!!!! Coming from New Mexico it was a standard part of my diet for 18 years and I miss it. Last night I made a burrito and smothered it with Green Chili sauce and had a chili relleno also. I am going to make and freeze about 5 gallons of that stuff before they go away again. If anyone needs me I wll be in the kitchen.

I can relate, being born and raised in NM as well. I was never a fan of green chili (I'll take red all day long, however) but looked forward to every August when every supermarket would bring out their giant roasters and mom would buy 3 sacks of the stuff and have a peeling party with my aunts. The smell that permeated our house for 3 days after was pure heaven, man. Saw a market cleaning their roaster in the parking lot this morning--YEAH!

p.s. It also meant that football--college and pro--was right around the corner.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
give it a rest, i promise you you are converting more people against tebow just because they dont want to read your rambling anymore.

Reverse psychology only works on children.. are you speaking for the children?

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Reverse psychology only works on children.. are you speaking for the children?

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0cVlTeIATBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

barryr
08-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Elway was one of the few that could still lead a team to wins with a marginal supporting cast. There are far more QB busts drafted in the 1st round than any position other than maybe DL and possibly WR. Why I do not subscribe to some around here who think the Broncos should just fall on their faces so they can draft Luck next year. Where is it written in stone he is a HOF QB waiting to happen?

Drunk Monkey
08-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I can relate, being born and raised in NM as well. I was never a fan of green chili (I'll take red all day long, however) but looked forward to every August when every supermarket would bring out their giant roasters and mom would buy 3 sacks of the stuff and have a peeling party with my aunts. The smell that permeated our house for 3 days after was pure heaven, man. Saw a market cleaning their roaster in the parking lot this morning--YEAH!

p.s. It also meant that football--college and pro--was right around the corner.

Yes it's that glorious time of year full of potential. My Broncos are currently undefeated and the homer in me is thinking playoffs (STFU all of you reality is still a few weeks away).

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:15 AM
I just posted the damn video so if anyone needs to straighten out someone pointing to the critics and saying Tebow is "doomed" there you go..

It's irrefutable evidence of their stupidity. Pretty handy.

TailgateNut
08-19-2011, 08:16 AM

I still have a few gallon bags of roasted chilis in my freezer and you'll never find my freezer with less than a gallon or two of pork green chili prepped and ready to heat and eat.

I usually buy at least a couple of bushels a year. Can't run low on Chili. That would be worse than a "football lockout":wiggle:

I gotta say, last year I bought a bushel of Pueblo XXXXDynomite which probable rates as the hotest I had in a decade or more. Just the thought of eating a piece or spoonful will make fire come out of you ass.

Keep a fire extinguisher in the bathroom!:wiggle:

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 08:23 AM
I just posted the damn video so if anyone needs to straighten out someone pointing to the critics and saying Tebow is "doomed" there you go..

It's irrefutable evidence of their stupidity. Pretty handy.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CplUqjQqTq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
The irony of Vance's videos are pretty f'in spectacular. lol

They are hilarious in a way he will never understand.. many here sadly..

I am sure there is a video out there somewhere that illustrates that.. thankfully I haven't wasted my like like Vance allowing me to know that.

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
The irony of Vance's videos are pretty f'in spectacular. lol

They are hilarious in a way he will never understand.. many here sadly..

I am sure there is a video out there somewhere that illustrates that.. thankfully I haven't wasted my like like Vance allowing me to know that.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H1Bok7Dg7g8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeuceOfClub
08-19-2011, 08:38 AM
No one is always right, lucky for me there are few posters here that are always wrong.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:44 AM
No one is always right, lucky for me there are few posters here that are always wrong.

It doesn't get anymore "not right" than these two idiots - Hoge and McShay. These guys are paid to be not right.

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 08:49 AM
It doesn't get anymore "not right" than these two idiots - Hoge and McShay. These guys are paid to be not right.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0vqDQfgOTTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:59 AM
I truly wouldn't be surprised if there was a monkey somewhere posing as all these guys on here posting these videos 24/7 365 here. I actually hope that is the case.. humanity is in deep **** if not..

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 09:04 AM
I truly wouldn't be surprised if there was a monkey somewhere posing as all these guys on here posting these videos 24/7 365 here. I actually hope that is the case.. humanity is in deep **** if not..

...Or one cut and pasting Tebow propaganda?

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 09:08 AM

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CGn8ypZz96E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Tebow propaganda? Is that what it's called when someone actually knows what they are talking about regarding him?

It's people buying anti-Tebow propaganda that is the problem..

If it wasn't he would have been starter LONG LONG ago..

If people didn't let the idiots run the NFL there would be no need for pro Tebow propaganda.

Unfortunately guys spend all their time posting stupid videos rather than talking sense into people..

And then blame the ones trying to fight it. Not smart.. Beyond stupid reallu.

Drama queens? Pretty ironic NFL fans are such drama queens.. lol Ultra macho drama queens? Pig headedness?

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 09:14 AM
why is baja still allowed to actively use 2 screen names?

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Tebow propaganda? Is that what it's called when someone actually knows what they are talking about regarding him?

It's people buying anti-Tebow propaganda that is the problem..

If it wasn't he would have been starter LONG LONG ago..

If people didn't let the idiots run the NFL there would be no need for pro Tebow propaganda.

Unfortunately guys spend all their time posting stupid videos rather than talking sense into people..

And then blame the ones trying to fight it. Not smart.. Beyond stupid.

Drama queens? Pretty ironic NFL fans are such drama queens.. lol

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DaQ7wog1Kog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 09:19 AM
why is baja still allowed to actively use 2 screen names?

I'm going to start doing it.

TailgateNut
08-19-2011, 09:21 AM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DaQ7wog1Kog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WWTTdo? Run for a gain of threee to four yds..............................:wiggle:

DrFate
08-19-2011, 09:25 AM

It's ironic a journeyman QB (Dilfer) brags so much on a journeyman QB (Orton)

If he was as good as Dilfer claims you'd think one of the 31 teams in the NFL would have traded for him...

Dedhed
08-19-2011, 09:26 AM
WWTTdo? Run for a gain of threee to four yds..............................:wiggle:

I can't remember if we won that game.

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 09:37 AM
I can't remember if we won that game.

We did. That was the fist pump and McD running around like a little kid game.

DrFate
08-19-2011, 09:37 AM
We did. That was the fist pump and McD running around like a little kid game.

The high point of the regime :)

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 09:43 AM
The high point of the regime :)

It really was :(

McDman
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
I think this place would be a lot happier and more productive if everyone just put MacGruder on ignore. Every thread he posts in turns into a sh1t show.

Drunk Monkey
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I think this place would be a lot happier and more productive if everyone just put MacGruder on ignore. Every thread he posts in turns into a sh1t show.

This, I made the move earlier this week and my OM experience has drastically improved. If anyone is iggy worthy it is that douche.

broncosteven
08-19-2011, 11:21 AM

Kinda like how a certain someone was pimping mCd 2 years ago, now you know how I felt.

bendog
08-19-2011, 11:31 AM
MacGruder needs a 12 step program for his fixation. Either that or Michelle Bachman's husband. sheesh.

Doggcow
08-19-2011, 11:47 AM
John elway's best season in college was 6-5 if memory serves me right.....and he never played in bowl game...and he was #1 overall in everyone's mind in '83

Cmon. 6-5 is not nearly comparable to 0-12...

Nothing but an 0-fer season is comparable.

Especially when you're at the most important position on the field.

broncocalijohn
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0BIKmoq0s

This is why you should never listen to the talking heads...

Merril is even saying the same tired refrain. I wonder if he just picks a guy to repeat the same shtick because it's all he has?

I read this 3 times to make sure it was MacGruder that actually has this opinion. Let me fix it for you on how we feel...

This is why you should never listen to the Tebow ball lickers...

MacGruder is even saying the same tired refrain. I wonder if he just picks a guy to repeat the same shtick because it's all he has?

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 12:24 PM
MacGruder needs a 12 step program for his fixation. Either that or Michelle Bachman's husband. sheesh.

Yes.. it makes a lot more sense to be fixated on the city you live in or laundry with a horse on it.. lo Rather than a great and revolutionary controversial player..

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I read this 3 times to make sure it was MacGruder that actually has this opinion. Let me fix it for you on how we feel...

You're projecting..

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM

You do know Locker didn't go 0-12 right? He was hurt in the 4th game and didn't return.

bendog
08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
great and revolutionary controversial player..

one out of three, so far. Seek help.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/MyNameIsBillWPoster.jpg

Doggcow
08-19-2011, 01:55 PM
You do know Locker didn't go 0-12 right? He was hurt in the 4th game and didn't return.

With this logic, Bob Sanders is a ****ing superstar.

Locker gets hurt every year.

He also basically threw away their BYU game.

Like I said, ****ty version of Tebow. How many games did Tebow get excessive celebration? Lose? or miss due to injury?

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
With this logic, Bob Sanders is a ****ing superstar.

Locker gets hurt every year.

He also basically threw away their BYU game.

Like I said, ****ty version of Tebow. How many games did Tebow get excessive celebration? Lose? or miss due to injury?

Oh so by your logic he should get the L's placed on him for the games he missed? He was hurt in the fourth game of the season and didn't play again that whole year but some how you want to give him 8 extra losses. That's epic.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 02:06 PM
great and revolutionary controversial player..

one out of three, so far. Seek help.

You have no vision.

Doggcow
08-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Oh so by your logic he should get the L's placed on him for the games he missed? He was hurt in the fourth game of the season and didn't play again that whole year but some how you want to give him 8 extra losses. That's epic.

He was the one that made himself unavailable for those games. He's the one his team depends on. Him not being in those games, is a direct result of his play.

How often do you hear players touting a guy like Favre for always being there for them? Always making it through, and always being able to play.

You can't blame anyone but the player when they're consistently injured.

What was he, like 10-20 in games he did play in? Even if you take out the games he would have lost anyway.

Given too, that the PAC-10 was extremely weak throughout his career other than a couple decent teams.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 02:09 PM

Wasn't he hurt with a concussion trying to run LIKE Tebow?

Do you know how many guys Tebow almost got killed because they tried to play like him? Locker.. Colt Brennan.. McCoy paralyzed his arm.. there were more.. can't remember all of em.. Sanchez when he went pro too.. Ben Roethlisberger..

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 02:41 PM
He was the one that made himself unavailable for those games. He's the one his team depends on. Him not being in those games, is a direct result of his play.

How often do you hear players touting a guy like Favre for always being there for them? Always making it through, and always being able to play.

You can't blame anyone but the player when they're consistently injured.

What was he, like 10-20 in games he did play in? Even if you take out the games he would have lost anyway.

Given too, that the PAC-10 was extremely weak throughout his career other than a couple decent teams.

Damn Tom Brady for making himself unavailable for the Pats a couple years ago. He really let his team down. Hilarious!

errand
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
It's ironic a journeyman QB (Dilfer) brags so much on a journeyman QB (Orton)

If he was as good as Dilfer claims you'd think one of the 31 teams in the NFL would have traded for him...

Dilfer has won a SB...what have Ravens done without him? I wonder if career backup gary kubiak said the same things would you still be like this

bronco militia
08-19-2011, 02:54 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3IgS_kHBqF0VurUQ2Krd1mgZ-f5xy3Cl4JnoneTVHUGXc2f1qdg

....Merril Hoge

errand
08-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Cmon. 6-5 is not nearly comparable to 0-12...

Nothing but an 0-fer season is comparable.

Especially when you're at the most important position on the field.

My point is that just because you don't win a lot of games in college that does not mean you will not be a number 1 draft pick...... look at jay cutler.... he didn't win a lotta games in college however he probably was considered a sure fire number 1 pick and he is more talented than many other guys that actually won a lot of games in college

elsid13
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM

He was also out that season due to injury.

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 03:03 PM
...did someone say Cutler?

I'm here now!

HorseHead
08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
irregardless of one's preference at QB...on a personal level...I really can't f---ing stand Merrill Hoge...Michelle Beadle should be on every show on that network...

DrFate
08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Dilfer has won a SB...what have Ravens done without him? I wonder if career backup gary kubiak said the same things would you still be like this

Dilfer proudly wears the title 'worst quarterback to ever start and win a super bowl'

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Wasn't he hurt with a concussion trying to run LIKE Tebow?

Do you know how many guys Tebow almost got killed because they tried to play like him? Locker.. Colt Brennan.. McCoy paralyzed his arm.. there were more.. can't remember all of em.. Sanchez when he went pro too.. Ben Roethlisberger..

yea, Roethlesberger went back and looked at game film of Tebow in 7th grade when he got drafted and decided to play like him

errand
08-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Dilfer proudly wears the title 'worst quarterback to ever start and win a super bowl'

As opposed to being the best quarterback never to win 1? I guarantee you there are thousands of guys better than him that wish they could accomplish with he did...... bottom line you can call him what you want but eventually you're gonna have to call him a superbowl champions

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 05:45 PM
As opposed to being the best quarterback never to win 1? I guarantee you there are thousands of guys better than him that wish they could accomplish with he did...... bottom line you can call him what you want but eventually you're gonna have to call him a superbowl champions

thats like saying practice squaders that got super bowl rings were better than dan marino. football is a team sport, you win super bowls as a team, and the ravens defense contributed significantly more to that super bowl win than dilfer did. dilfer threw for 1500 yards in one season and won a super bowl! seriously, there was a lot more collective effort to that win than you give credit for.

DrFate
08-19-2011, 06:23 PM

I really have no clue what you are getting at.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:25 PM
yea, Roethlesberger went back and looked at game film of Tebow in 7th grade when he got drafted and decided to play like him

No.. I remember when Tebow was getting really popular I saw BigBen play in a game just after one of Tebow's college games was on and you could tell he was trying to run like him. he revolutionized the QB position. People have forgotten that already.. all Qbs were running more after Tebow came on the scene.

There is even a clip where BigBen's coach says he looked like Tebow running.. If Tebow didn't patent it why else would his coach say that? BigBen even ran an option play in the playoffs last season..

OABB
08-19-2011, 08:42 PM
No.. I remember when Tebow was getting really popular I saw BigBen play in a game just after one of Tebow's college games was on and you could tell he was trying to run like him. he revolutionized the QB position. People have forgotten that already.. all Qbs were running more after Tebow came on the scene.

There is even a clip where BigBen's coach says he looked like Tebow running.. If Tebow didn't patent it why else would his coach say that? BigBen even ran an option play in the playoffs last season..

you need to get some perspective dude. you twist everyhing to fit in your box. you need to go outside for a while. seriously.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 08:53 PM
you need to get some perspective dude. you twist everyhing to fit in your box. you need to go outside for a while. seriously.

Dude.. Tebow was considered the greatest college player of all time.. he was said to revolutionize the QB position in college.. He had one of the top selling jerseys in the NFL coming out of college.. and still does I believe. If you don't think EVERYONE noticed that and wanted to prove they were as good you just aren't seeing things as they are. How could he not impact other QBs?

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I guess guys like Fran Tarkenton, Randell Cunningham, Mike Vick, Steve Young and John Elway mean little to Mac.

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 08:55 PM
did anyone figure out why baja is posting on multiple screen names?

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Even Tim Tebow said he tried to be like the "True greatest QB in college history".

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I guess guys like Fran Tarkenton, Randell Cunningham, Mike Vick, Steve Young and John Elway mean little to Mac.

Did those guys run between the tackles like a true runningback? Run over linebacker and DBs?

Have you watched Tebow play in college? lol

He made cam Newton look like a panty waist.. I honestly wonder how many people even watch the game or if they just listen to the media..

Tebow invented or at the least perfect the one man play action fake.. which was also the jumppasses genesis...

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Same **** different post.

MacGruder
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Have you guys seen any other QBs do this?

http://www.myspace.com/video/motleygator/tebow-dominates-lsu/2936127

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208739_4246463577_504213577_84961_5071_s.jpg

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM

Make a myspace account?

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 11:26 PM
this guy is nuts.....to say that an NFL QB was trying to be like a freshman QB is absolutely insane

dude, you need help

and as Broncos fans we should worry that this guy hurts his "hero" Selena style

Doggcow
08-20-2011, 12:37 AM
He was also out that season due to injury.

After losing 4 games, which translates to... carry the 0... winning 0 games still.

Oh and he LOST them the BYU game with his dumbass celebration.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 01:35 AM
this guy is nuts.....to say that an NFL QB was trying to be like a freshman QB is absolutely insane

dude, you need help

and as Broncos fans we should worry that this guy hurts his "hero" Selena style

Don't think of it as copying.. think of it as trying to outdo.. and failing.

You don't think players try to outdo each other? But in trying to outdo they are trying to copy.. whether they look at it like that or not.

errand
08-20-2011, 06:47 AM
thats like saying practice squaders that got super bowl rings were better than dan marino. football is a team sport, you win super bowls as a team, and the ravens defense contributed significantly more to that super bowl win than dilfer did. dilfer threw for 1500 yards in one season and won a super bowl! seriously, there was a lot more collective effort to that win than you give credit for.
Okay fair enough...... then the flip side of the coin is there's also a lot more blame to go around then just a quarterback correct? He can't have it both ways.

But I will say this...... ravens won a superbowl with trent dilfer as their quarterback...... they have not even been back to SB with allegedly more talented players at quarterback

errand
08-20-2011, 06:53 AM
I really have no clue what you are getting at.

Then let's recap...

you questioned trent dilfer's credibility critiquing orton

I pointed out that trent dilfer won a superbowl which kinda gives him more credibility than others

You then claim that he was the worst quarterback ever to start and win a superbowl

Then I point out that I would rather be a "bad" quarterback who won a superbowl than a great quarterback who do for a lot of yards and touchdowns but never got the ring

Now if you can't keep up ....well...I'm not saying you're stupid but wouldn't you have to be?

Spider
08-20-2011, 06:55 AM

you act as if this is something new ......geez should have seen em all over Elway over the Colts deal .....

Spider
08-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Did those guys run between the tackles like a true runningback? Run over linebacker and DBs?

Have you watched Tebow play in college? lol

He made cam Newton look like a panty waist.. I honestly wonder how many people even watch the game or if they just listen to the media..

Tebow invented or at the least perfect the one man play action fake.. which was also the jumppasses genesis...

yes they did , when they had to .... geez dude

Spider
08-20-2011, 07:06 AM

worked for Terry Bradshaw .........he even got famous ......

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 07:11 AM

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208739_4246463577_504213577_84961_5071_s.jpg

1996 called.....

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qn49eVEnfq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

they say they have a better run by a QB.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Tommy Frazier was tiny.. only weighed 200 lbs. And played in an era where there was no parity.. AND couldn't pass to save his life.

That is what makes Tebow such a freak.. he's as big and strong as Jim Brown and can pass at an elite college/pro level.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 07:42 AM
yes they did , when they had to .... geez dude

Tebow LIVED there.. totally different. Tebow running between the tackles fueled his whole offense.

Spider
08-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Tebow LIVED there.. totally different. Tebow running between the tackles fueled his whole offense.

lol you are so full of **** , I watched those other guys play ......
watched Tebow play now that he is a Pro , geez dude Elway alwys running for his life and here is the Kicker , you ready ? Elways suffered a injury in High school , he wasnt supposed to play at all , now all of the sudden you expect us to wet our selfs over Tebow ?

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 07:59 AM
lol you are so full of **** , I watched those other guys play ......
watched Tebow play now that he is a Pro , geez dude Elway alwys running for his life and here is the Kicker , you ready ? Elways suffered a injury in High school , he wasnt supposed to play at all , now all of the sudden you expect us to wet our selfs over Tebow ?

You mean those little finesse non-sec runners that were castoffs from FSU and other programs? The ones that led UF to a terrible record last season with supposedly a better pro passing prospect in Brantley?

Tebow's between the tackles running opened up all the stuff those guys did. and defenses focused on stopping Tebow running first. This is why Tebow was so vastly underrated as a runner his whole career.. Even Harvin was not a between the tackles runner.

Spider
08-20-2011, 08:06 AM
You mean those little finesse non-sec runners that were castoffs from FSU and other programs? The ones that led UF to a terrible record last season with supposedly a better pro passing prospect in Brantley?

Tebow's between the tackles running opened up all the stuff those guys did. and defenses focused on stopping Tebow running first. This is why Tebow was so vastly underrated as a runner his whole career.. Even Harvin was not a between the tackles runner.

dude , I have been around to long to fall for your bull****,your going to find alot of people here know ball , and players , and alot of us know that the only time it is good for a QB to run is when he has to , Pocket Passers on a whole will deliver much better chances for a win ..... So really sell someone else the hero worship...

Spider
08-20-2011, 08:07 AM

what part of Watching Tebow now that he is a pro lost you ? I got better things to do then watch old college games , they dont matter , what Tebow did there goes right out the window

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:16 AM
what part of Watching Tebow now that he is a pro lost you ? I got better things to do then watch old college games , they dont matter , what Tebow did there goes right out the window

Is that true of Andrew Luck too? So why is he the supposed number one pick then?

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:19 AM
dude , I have been around to long to fall for your bull****,your going to find alot of people here know ball , and players , and alot of us know that the only time it is good for a QB to run is when he has to , Pocket Passers on a whole will deliver much better chances for a win ..... So really sell someone else the hero worship...

The league has never seen a Qb like Tebow...

AND the league is changing.. pocket passers are not dominant like they were in the past. Why do you think teams are using the wildcat? Why do you think it's so hard to find a decent QB and so many Qbs from college bust?

Me and Steve Young hero worshipping...

Steve Young just called Tebow "Greatness we are watching"
He basically all but guaranteed Tebow will be great, win a lot of games, and will change the position as we know it. When asked about Tebow his first response was "Tim Tebow is greatness" and if someone builds on the offense we are running with him he would be the only guy to run this "new" scheme and thus become great with his unique skill set whether is running or passing the bowl.

errand
08-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Dude.. Tebow was considered the greatest college player of all time.. he was said to revolutionize the QB position in college.. He had one of the top selling jerseys in the NFL coming out of college.. and still does I believe. If you don't think EVERYONE noticed that and wanted to prove they were as good you just aren't seeing things as they are. How could he not impact other QBs?

Well I've heard that tim tebow has been trying to copy little cody paul....check him out on youtube

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Well I've heard that tim tebow has been trying to copy little cody paul....check him out on youtube

If a college player comes along and revolutionizes the position and is wildly successful Tebow would be a fool not to incorporate those elements into his own game.

It's like in basketball.... players copy moves and styles of play all the time..

Spider
08-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Is that true of Andrew Luck too? So why is he the supposed number one pick then?

wtf ??? it is true for everyone out of college coming to the nfl yuo goof ball....

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:32 AM
wtf ??? it is true for everyone out of college coming to the nfl yuo goof ball....

so then how do players get highly ranked? especially if you are looking for "winners"?

Spider
08-20-2011, 08:37 AM

AND the league is changing.. pocket passers are not dominant like they were in the past. Why do you think teams are using the wildcat? Why do you think it's so hard to find a decent QB and so many Qbs from college bust?

Me and Steve Young hero worshipping...
League changes every year , Always in favor of the offenses , you full of **** about the pocket passer , LMAO the wild cat , seriously ? Thats your evidence for the pocket passer being a dinosaur ? wild cat will come and go , I bet it doesnt last as long as the run and shoot Off ....... I will let you in on little secret , Sid Gillman said this back in the 60's still holds true today , he who controls the hashmarks with a TE will control the game , that means both blocking and passing , and it is funny you keep quoting Steve young , yet someone that has something bad to say about tebow , you dismiss em ... Steve Young was a great QB , But he was no Jim Kelly or John Elway , Keep that in mind

Hamrob
08-20-2011, 08:40 AM
The only way any of us will really know about Tebow, is if he gets to play a full season. Really, I feel the same way about Quinn.

The problem as I see it, is that a team or a headcoach has to strap themselves to a young QB for better or worse and stick with them.

The difficulty is, you can do that with a guy like Peyton Manning. Manning who completed just 56% of his passes and threw for 22 INT's his rookie year (playing the full season), because the media is in awe of his talent.

But, tie yourself to a Tebow, Quinn, Locker etc. and watch them have a similar year and see what happens. The media would rip that coach a new one...and they would be force to bench that kid, or be close to losing their job.

That's why everyone is looking, not only for the perfect prospect, but also the type of blue chip guy that the pundents will allow you time to develop!

Nobody has the balls anymore to start a young kid and sick with them. Maybe guys like Holmgren...but, that's about it.

<TABLE id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241218 class=data-table1 summary="Career Stats For Peyton Manning" width="100%"><TBODY id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241217><TR id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241216><TD>1998</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND)</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16 </TD><TD>326</TD><TD>575</TD><TD>56.7</TD><TD>3,739</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>109</TD><TD>71.2</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>4.1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241218 class=data-table1 summary="Career Stats For Peyton Manning" width="100%"><TBODY id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241217><TR id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241216><TD>

Spider
08-20-2011, 08:40 AM
so then how do players get highly ranked? especially if you are looking for "winners"?

wtf not once did I say these kids dont have potential , but anyone that has been around or watched the NFL knws dayum well players need to progress into the NFL , and that the draft is 1 major crap shoot , Hell even Ryan Leaf had skill , but when it comes to the pros ...an entire different Ball game , we got lucky with Elway even though we benched his ass , we got lucky , Houston with David Carr not so much ......

oubronco
08-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Please do explain this comment

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Page.

Format.

Ack.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:50 AM
League changes every year , Always in favor of the offenses , you full of **** about the pocket passer , LMAO the wild cat , seriously ? Thats your evidence for the pocket passer being a dinosaur ? wild cat will come and go , I bet it doesnt last as long as the run and shoot Off ....... I will let you in on little secret , Sid Gillman said this back in the 60's still holds true today , he who controls the hashmarks with a TE will control the game , that means both blocking and passing , and it is funny you keep quoting Steve young , yet someone that has something bad to say about tebow , you dismiss em ... Steve Young was a great QB , But he was no Jim Kelly or John Elway , Keep that in mind

Steve Young is a very smart guy.. so yes.. he's not Elway or Kelly.. lol

Steve Young was way ahead of his time too. He was built more for this era than his. Tebow would not be as successful in that era either. That is why the game is changing..

I forget who said it but there is a famous quote - football is primarily a game based on rushing. I think runningbacks are suffering a lot because Qbs are so immobile as well.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Please do explain this comment

A player with his physical and passing abilities.

In past eras QBs filled similar roles.. but to do it the way he has in this era with the level of athleticism is unheard of.

Spider
08-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Steve Young is a very smart guy.. so yes.. he's not Elway or Kelly.. lol

Steve Young was way ahead of his time too. He was built more for this era than his. Tebow would not be as successful in that era either. That is why the game is changing..

I forget who said it but there is a famous quote - football is primarily a game based on rushing. I think runningbacks are suffering a lot because Qbs are so immobile as well.

LOL I am wasting my time talking to someone that doesnt understand the NFL ..... Iwill give you credit for one thing though ,you havent tried to pass yourself off as a broncos fan ......too bad for you Tebow wasnt drafted by the Raiders , you would fit right in with that fan base

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 08:54 AM
wtf not once did I say these kids dont have potential , but anyone that has been around or watched the NFL knws dayum well players need to progress into the NFL , and that the draft is 1 major crap shoot , Hell even Ryan Leaf had skill , but when it comes to the pros ...an entire different Ball game , we got lucky with Elway even though we benched his ass , we got lucky , Houston with David Carr not so much ......

Of course there is an element of luck..

but that doesn't mean you can't make educated decisions an that one player isn't more likely to succeed than another.

This is why i always said Tebow had as MUCH of a chance as ANYONE to make it in the NFL. People that act like he has less of a chance are BSing. And conversely NO player is more likely to succeed. And I mean ultimate success.. not just being a system QB like Sam Bradford and getting by.

randomtask
08-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Re-posting this, since it didn't get an answer to it in the other thread.

MacGruder, why are you still posting here?

I'm honestly curious, because I can't recall seeing anyone react in a positive way towards any of your posts.

If you're still here because you find the posts here informative/humorous/enjoyable? If so, that's great, and I would recommend that you try viewing the Mane without posting as much. It's a practice called lurking, and can help you to see things in a more objective manner (due to a lack of personal involvement with the debate). Additionally, if you post at a much less frequent rate, your ideas will probably be given more of a chance.

Are you trying to change the populace's mind on Tebow/Antigravity/SEC>NFL? If that's the case, I can tell you right now that you're wasting your time. There have been an enormous amount of arguments over all facets of the Broncos here, many with merit on both sides of the argument, and even the most eloquent, logical, and persuasive contentions generally convince less people than you could count on your fingers. Given that your positions are written in a rather repetitive manner, and are either completely out of the norm, or are based upon a hero-worship of a standout college player who is still largely unproven at the NFL level, the chances of you convincing anyone are roughly zero.

Is it perhaps that you simply are trying to annoy the populace for your own amusement, or simply want the attention? If so, then I implore you to find something better to do with your time. You could go work out, read a good book, volunteer for a soup kitchen, go meet new people, contemplate the universe and the meaning of life, go fishing, or simply pick up any litter that's in your neighborhood.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why you continue to subject us to your posts?

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 09:35 AM
My purpose is to try to correct myths. You have many people here commenting on Tebow when they don't really know the first thing about his game. They just regurgitate what the media tells them.

I'm trying to stop people from spreading false information. In time you will see that what I am saying is accurate.. and hopefully I just speed up the process of people figuring these things out.

And considering Steve Young agrees with me after seeing Tebow win one NFL game again.. hero worship just doesn't make sense.

Tebow is a very unique player.. and people just don't seem to understand that.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 09:50 AM
My purpose is to try to correct myths

LOLROFL!Hilarious!Ha!

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 09:51 AM
LOLROFL!Hilarious!Ha!

This from the guy who said Peyton Manning is athletic among football players..

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 09:54 AM
This from the guy who said Peyton Manning is athletic among football players..

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Well firstly that wasn't my claim. Secondly, after people agreed with me you changed your stance to:

That doesn't mean he is athletic in the sense TheRev was pushing.. he used an example of Manning rushing on one play. LOL

Which I then disproved with another quote.

But I digress... the true gem of this thread is right here:

"I'm here to correct myths"

[Then makes 1000 posts claiming anti-gravity is real]

Shananahan
08-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Did somebody just figure out a way to break threads?

Please PM me with instructions.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Did somebody just figure out a way to break threads?

Please PM me with instructions.

It's Hamrob's cut and paste format.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Well firstly that wasn't my claim. Secondly, after people agreed with me you changed your stance to:

Which I then disproved with another quote.

But I digress... the true gem of this thread is right here:

"I'm here to correct myths"

[Then makes 1000 posts claiming anti-gravity is real]

All truth goes through three phases..

Just because something isn't known widely doesn't mean it is in fact a myth.. the myth is that we don't use this technology. There is a lot of evidence to show we do. read the books. Study the science and history.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 10:06 AM
All truth goes through three phases..

Just because something isn't known widely doesn't mean it is in fact a myth.. the myth is that we don't use this technology. There is a lot of evidence to show we do. read the books. Study the science and history.

Hilarious!

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Hilarious!

You say that but you won't look at the evidence...

You are burying your head...

And this is from the guy that had a secret helicopter land right on his head...

Hilarious! LOL^5ROFL!:yayaya::clown:

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 10:11 AM
You say that but you won't look at the evidence...

You are burying your head...

And this is from the guy that had a secret helicopter land right on his head...

Hilarious! LOL^5ROFL!:yayaya::clown:

Yup. That's what's going on here.

bendog
08-20-2011, 10:12 AM
The only way any of us will really know about Tebow, is if he gets to play a full season. Really, I feel the same way about Quinn.

The problem as I see it, is that a team or a headcoach has to strap themselves to a young QB for better or worse and stick with them.

The difficulty is, you can do that with a guy like Peyton Manning. Manning who completed just 56% of his passes and threw for 22 INT's his rookie year (playing the full season), because the media is in awe of his talent.

But, tie yourself to a Tebow, Quinn, Locker etc. and watch them have a similar year and see what happens. The media would rip that coach a new one...and they would be force to bench that kid, or be close to losing their job.

That's why everyone is looking, not only for the perfect prospect, but also the type of blue chip guy that the pundents will allow you time to develop!

Nobody has the balls anymore to start a young kid and sick with them. Maybe guys like Holmgren...but, that's about it.

<TABLE id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241218 class=data-table1 summary="Career Stats For Peyton Manning" width="100%"><TBODY id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241217><TR id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241216><TD>1998</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND)</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16 </TD><TD>326</TD><TD>575</TD><TD>56.7</TD><TD>3,739</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>109</TD><TD>71.2</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>4.1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241218 class=data-table1 summary="Career Stats For Peyton Manning" width="100%"><TBODY id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241217><TR id=yui_3_3_0_1_13138545052241216><TD>

Ryan, Bradford, Freeman, Sanchez and Stafford (though he broke)

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Yup. That's what's going on here.

Like you know.. like you have done your homework...

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Like you know.. like you have done your homework...

your talking to a pretty knowledgable group of posters (with a few exceptions)

so we are supposed to take the opinion of a fanboy who has obsessed over one player versus the expanded base of knowledge held by a group of people who have watched 1000s of players, teams, offenses, etc....

and I'm sure your response will be "when it comes to Tebow I know all"....

it's like my mom saying "you're good looking and any girl would be lucky to have you"

it's completely biased and wrong

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
we were talking about black project technology there.

As for Tebow.. he is a one of a kind player.. developed totally outside the confines of the NFL orthodoxy. This is why the knowledge so many have of NFL Qbs actually hurts them when evaluating Tebow.

even Steve Young who called greatness was not high on him coming out of college and had a whole new appreciation after seeing him do what he can do against NFL players.

oubronco
08-20-2011, 11:09 AM
A player with his physical and passing abilities.

In past eras QBs filled similar roles.. but to do it the way he has in this era with the level of athleticism is unheard of.

Whatever he's just another running QB in a long list of others.

Some made it others didnt and we'll have to wait and see if Timmy makes it or not

No need to put him in the HOF yet let him prove himself

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Whatever he's just another running QB in a long list of others.

Some made it others didnt and we'll have to wait and see if Timmy makes it or not

No need to put him in the HOF yet let him prove himself

"Steve Young just called Tebow "Greatness we are watching"
He basically all but guaranteed Tebow will be great, win a lot of games, and will change the position as we know it. When asked about Tebow his first response was "Tim Tebow is greatness" and if someone builds on the offense we are running with him he would be the only guy to run this "new" scheme and thus become great with his unique skill set whether is running or passing the bowl."

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 11:26 AM
why the **** do you post the same Steve Young quote???

He's just another "talking head" who is "regurgitating information" to the "masses"

you can't be a real person and if you are you must have a hair doll of Tebow you ****ing freak

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 11:29 AM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xbAwkjKEfj8 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xbAwkjKEfj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and btw, Steve Young obviously has flip flopped on Tebow a few times...so his opinion is wishy washy

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 01:12 PM
why the **** do you post the same Steve Young quote???

He's just another "talking head" who is "regurgitating information" to the "masses"

you can't be a real person and if you are you must have a hair doll of Tebow you ****ing freak

I;m trying to make people see reality instead of what the drama creating media tells them.. or what they believe simply because a bad coaching staff can't figure out what to do with Tebow and would rather go with a turd like Orton.

People aren't in touch with reality because of a constant drumbeat criticizing Tebow for really stupid stuff.

Don't blame me for people making silly comments about Tebow that really don't reflect reality.. that is why I keep reposting that post regarding Young's comments.

Those 2 views couldn't be more divergent.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Don't blame me for people making silly comments about Tebow that really don't reflect reality..

I'm a Tebow fan and you make the MOST unrealistic comments about Tebow.

Bar none.

Hands down.

By a mile.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm a Tebow fan and you make the MOST unrealistic comments about Tebow.

Bar none.

Hands down.

By a mile.

Like what? Why not support your comment?

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Like what? Why not support your comment?

Like when you claimed Roethlesberger fashioned his game after Tebow?

Like how you claim he HAS changed the game already, instead of he COULD or even he's "GOING" to the change the game.

Like how you can't admit the mechanics issues ARE an issue.

Etc.

A LOT of people here support and believe in Tebow, but FFS, just shut up. He'll win it, or he won't deserve it. It's on him to do that.

Either way, if anything his popularity is giving him EXTRA chances that he may or may not have deserved (ie: end of last season and the attempted trade of Orton). So just stop.

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I just wanted to post in the thinner skinner thread.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Like when you claimed Roethlesberger fashioned his game after Tebow?

That's not at all what I said.. I said that after he watched Tebow in college when Tebow was getting huge press you could tell in games after he was trying to run like Tebow. EVERY QB at that time was doing the same.. many QBs almost got killed trying to do what Tebow did because he made it look easy. Did you see Cam Neton last night?

I realize BigBen always played similar.. but it wasn't to that extreme.. and his own coach even said he looked like Tebow on a play.

Like how you claim he HAS changed the game already, instead of he COULD or even he's "GOING" to the change the game.

He has changed the game.. all QBs are running more.. Cam Newton went number one running like Tebow because he happened to be on a loaded team that complemented him perfectly..

Like how you can't admit the mechanics issues ARE an issue.

Mike Holmgren said this at the combine!

Terry Bradshaw was just talking about this the other night.. said exact same thing I am saying..

And does Steve Young sound too concerned about Tebow's mechanics?

A LOT of people here support and believe in Tebow, but FFS, just shut up. He'll win it, or he won't deserve it. It's on him to do that.

Not true.. if the coaching staff is stupid and doesn't know how to use him he could be a wasted talent.. I think a year has already been wasted and almost 2.

Let's put it this way.. if Belichick had Tebow we you would see how much he is being mismanaged.. You think he looked Mallet look good... he could make Tebow look like a god out of the gates.

Either way, if anything his popularity is giving him EXTRA chances that he may or may not have deserved (ie: end of last season and the attempted trade of Orton). So just stop.

The popularity he earned by being a freak of nature and a legendary talent.. it wasn't just by accident... and he deserves much more of a chance if not for some very very close minded unimaginitive ignorant NFL people.

But anyway.. I don't see anything in what you listed as so incredibly bizarre.. those are just observations I have made..

DBroncos4life
08-20-2011, 01:40 PM
His coach said he looked like Tebow on a play :rofl:
BB didn't want Tebow!!!!!

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 01:45 PM
That's not at all what I said.. I said that after he watched Tebow in college when Tebow was getting huge press you could tell in games after he was trying to run like Tebow. EVERY QB at that time was doing the same.. many QBs almost got killed trying to do what Tebow did because he made it look easy. Did you see Cam Neton last night?

I realize BigBen always played similar.. but it wasn't to that extreme.. and his own coach even said he looked like Tebow on a play.

He has changed the game.. all QBs are running more.. Cam Newton went number one running like Tebow because he happened to be on a loaded team that complemented him perfectly..

Mike Holmgren said this at the combine!

Terry Bradshaw was juts talking about this the other night.. said exact same thing I am saying..

And does Steve Young sound too concerned about Tebow's mechanics?

Not true.. if the coaching staff is stupid and doesn't know how to use him he could be a wasted talent.. I think a year has already been wasted and almost 2.

Let's put it this way.. if Belichick had Tebow we you would see how much he is being mismanaged.. You think he looked Mallet look good... he could make Tebow look like a god out of the gates.

The popularity he earned by being a freak of nature and a legendary talent.. it wasn't just by accident... and he deserves much more of a chance if not for some very very close minded unimaginitive ignorant NFL people.

But anyway.. I don't see anything in what you listed as so incredible bizarre.. those are just observations I have made..

Case = Rested.

Good day.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Case = Rested.

Good day.

You ALWAYS do this.. you lose an argument then act like you won it.. lol

That's why I call you and your cronies team delusion.

bigbucks24
08-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I just don't understand how an entire coaching staff (including a pretty darn good head coach in John Fox) and upper management (including John Elway, who was a pretty good QB himself) don't think that Tebow is ready to start. But you, who never sees him in practice, never works with him one-on-one, never is in meetings with him and never talks to him, can see that he is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime player that is going to dominate the NFL and revolutionize the QB position. How come you (and Steve Young ONCE) are the only ones to see what no one else can see? A lot of people see talent and potential, but no one else seems to see immediate dominance and revolutionization of the position. No one else thinks he has changed the NFL already but having other QBs try to copy his game. No one else seems to see that Cam Newton is modeling his game after Tebow. No one else seems to see that all of the QBs in the NFL are running more because Tebow's game is so impressive. I just don;'t get how you are the only one to see this. And if you are that good, why aren't you working for an NFL team. I'm sure that there are a lot of teams looking for someone with your keen eye for what no one else sees.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
I just don't understand how an entire coaching staff (including a pretty darn good head coach in John Fox) and upper management (including John Elway, who was a pretty good QB himself) don't think that Tebow is ready to start. But you, who never sees him in practice, never works with him one-on-one, never is in meetings with him and never talks to him, can see that he is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime player that is going to dominate the NFL and revolutionize the QB position. How come you (and Steve Young ONCE) are the only ones to see what no one else can see? A lot of people see talent and potential, but no one else seems to see immediate dominance and revolutionization of the position. No one else thinks he has changed the NFL already but having other QBs try to copy his game. No one else seems to see that Cam Newton is modeling his game after Tebow. No one else seems to see that all of the QBs in the NFL are running more because Tebow's game is so impressive. I just don;'t get how you are the only one to see this. And if you are that good, why aren't you working for an NFL team. I'm sure that there are a lot of teams looking for someone with your keen eye for what no one else sees.

He's 13.

Don't bother taking him seriously.

bigbucks24
08-20-2011, 02:22 PM
He's 13.

Don't bother taking him seriously.

I get it. Child Labor laws don't allow him to be employed by an NFL team or ESPN or NFLN. But when he turns 16, watch out. Thanks.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 02:29 PM

Gruden Says Tebow Could Revolutionize the N.F.L

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/08/gruden-says-tebow-could-revolutionize-the-game/

The answer to your question is incredibly simple..

why do you think Tebow is so polarizing?

Why do you think Jimmie Johnson says Tebow has no chance in the NFL and Jon Gruden and Steve Young say he will revolutionize it?

Look at Elway and Fox? Are these guys coaching geniuses? Or blue collar NFL minds?

Have you seen how NFL people coach? It's the least imaginative crap you will ever see..

Coaches are TERRIFIED to try anything different because they will get crucified if it isn't an immediate success.

Especially if coaches don't even know what they are really doing.. just parroting what they were taught..

oubronco
08-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Squawk Squawk Squawk

vancejohnson82
08-20-2011, 03:32 PM
You ALWAYS do this.. you lose an argument then act like you won it.. lol

That's why I call you and your cronies team delusion.

Rev and I have completely different viewpoints on many different subjects....

but we can both agree that the biggest hinderance on Tebow's development would be you showing up at his apartment dressed like Steve Young with a bottle of lube in your hand

you are a complete maniac

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Rev and I have completely different viewpoints on many different subjects....

but we can both agree that the biggest hinderance on Tebow's development would be you showing up at his apartment dressed like Steve Young with a bottle of lube in your hand

you are a complete maniac

For telling the truth? I guess so.. it is strange isn't it..

errand
08-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Tim tebow demoted to third string..... so I guess it's brady quinn and kyle orton that he cannot beat out.

MacGruder
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
You mean Quinn who lost the game to the Dallas backup and just threw a pick against Buffalo?

The coach and front office are the problem not Tebow..

errand
08-20-2011, 08:04 PM
You mean Quinn who lost the game to the Dallas backup and just threw a pick against Buffalo?

The coach and front office are the problem not Tebow..

Again they suck so bad tebow cannot beat them out of a job..... too bad tim cannot demote john fox or john elway huh?