PDA

View Full Version : Raiders run of injuries is becoming a problem

Kaylore
08-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Raiders run of injuries is becoming a problem

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/raiders-run-of-injuries-is-becoming-a-problem/

The Raiders think Johnson could be back for the opener. If not, rookie third round pick DeMarcus Van Dyke could be starting.

The injury issues donít end there. Safety Mike Mitchell hasnít practiced in two weeks. Center Samson Satele was taken to the hospital Wednesday. Wideout Chaz Schilens is hurt once again. Wideout Jacoby Ford hasnít returned yet from a broken hand.Gosh, that's too bad.

crush17
08-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Reveling in other teams injuries is never a good practice.

The Joker
08-18-2011, 11:14 AM
What the hell are you doing?!

Stupid Faylore, all injuries from here on are your fault and your fault alone.

Kaylore
08-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Too late. Ty Warren's down and we already suck. Get over your voodoo!

Smiling Assassin27
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Gosh, that's too bad.

Exactly, a problem for whom? ;)

Kaylore
08-18-2011, 11:28 AM
The title I'd taken directly from PFT. There's 9 million Tebow threads on the front page. One article on our opening game opponents is hardly curse-worthy.

DBroncos4life
08-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Too late. Ty Warren's down and we already suck. Get over your voodoo!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1373/minority.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/minority.jpg/)

They knew Kaylore, they knew!

Maximus
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
The title I'd taken directly from PFT. There's 9 million Tebow threads on the front page. One article on our opening game opponents is hardly curse-worthy.

Y'all believe in curses and voodoo Ha! too funny! The injuries that we suffered in camp aren't major. According to Jackson, Chris Johnson will be back for the opener. Louis Murphy will hurt the passing game, but we do have some surprises in camp so... we'll see.

If I were a Bronco fan I would be deathly afraid of the running game. I watched that Cowboys game and your tackling is horrible... I mean it stinks! Ha! Also, I know we have a couple of players dinged in our secondary, but I can hardly wait to see Goodman covering anyone... I'm drooling over the prospects of seeing him anywhere near Ford!

Inkana7
08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Y'all believe in curses and voodoo Ha! too funny! The injuries that we suffered in camp aren't major. According to Jackson, Chris Johnson will be back for the opener. Louis Murphy will hurt the passing game, but we do have some surprises in camp so... we'll see.

If I were a Bronco fan I would be deathly afraid of the running game. I watched that Cowboys game and your tackling is horrible... I mean it stinks! Ha! Also, I know we have a couple of players dinged in our secondary, but I can hardly wait to see Goodman covering anyone... I'm drooling over the prospects of seeing him anywhere near Ford!

I'm drooling over the prospect of seeing Ford try to one-hand ever pass since his hand is goddamn broken.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm drooling over the prospect of seeing Ford try to one-hand ever pass since his hand is goddamn broken.

Funny thing ford doesn't have the cast on anymore. He'll be on the field torching Goodman as expected don't worry. Nothing to say about that atrocious tackling display against Dallas eh? Oh i'm sorry it was the first preseason game right.

I'm waiting for the excuse... just don't make it. The tackling was terrible last year and in seasons past. I can't wait maybe it will improve but looking at the history going back to shanarat during his scapegoating of all Defensive Coordinators... It will not change too soon.

McFadden & Bush are gonna wear down your defense and you will lose.

Powderaddict
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Reveling in other teams injuries is never a good practice.

Maybe not, but it sure is an enjoyable one :D

Inkana7
08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Funny thing ford doesn't have the cast on anymore. He'll be on the field torching Goodman as expected don't worry. Nothing to say about that atrocious tackling display against Dallas eh? Oh i'm sorry it was the first preseason game right.

I'm waiting for the excuse... just don't make it. The tackling was terrible last year and in seasons past. I can't wait maybe it will improve but looking at the history going back to shanarat during his scapegoating of all Defensive Coordinators... It will not change too soon.

We must have been watching different games re: tackling.

But why would Goodman even be covering Ford? Seeing that every other receiver you guys have either A) Blows or B) Blows but is hurt.

BTW how long until Al cans Hue Jackson?

Maximus
08-18-2011, 12:14 PM
We must have been watching different games re: tackling.

I don't know how you watch preseason games... but I tend to watch the fundamentals... Like blocking, tackling and how skill players are executing. I watched the donks and I'm telling you that your tackling is horrible! All we have to do is lean on your front 4 long enough and it will be McFadden & Bush against your LB's and DB's who don't tackle well!!!

I bring up Goodman because he's a huge liability in your secondary... Anyone who gets near him has the upper hand!

Not much to say about your offense... except the glaring lack of a running game in the Red Zone hasn't changed. Blame it on whom ever you want. Bottom line is your offense stinks inside the Red Zone because nobody has to respect your running game.

Just some non biased thoughts about our weak 1 opponent.

Tombstone RJ
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Fox will fix the "tackling" issues, it was the first preseason game...

bowtown
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I guess the Raiders stretch too much too. Their entire training and medical staff should be fired.

Pontius Pirate
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I was thinking the Bronco's were starting to have some injury problems (and drunk idiot kicker problems) - looks like it was actually the Raiders instead. Phew!

KevinJames
08-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Orton will pass for 600 yards this game and Tebow will be forgotten

Maximus
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Fox will fix the "tackling" issues, it was the first preseason game...

Ok here's the problem... Tackling is a fundamental of the defense. It's like a basketball player in preseason not knowing how to dribble the basketball Ha! It's ok the coach will show him how to dribble before the season starts???

Heck, my commentary isn't all about the donks. Tackling sucks league wide! Some are good others are decent at it.. Then some players flat out suck. Lazy technique can become contagious. It was just an obvious thing dallas used better tackling technique and it stood out.

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 01:13 PM

We will probably play a zone and bracket Ford if all of Oaks other WR are hurt. I told you that Raiders were super think at WR. They will have to run the ball 30 times a game.

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Also Ford not exactly established. With no offseason, no preseason, being hurt right up to the opening week without practicing I'm not sure he will be much of a factor unless he rips a big play off. I don't see him being consistent right out of the gate. Who else do the Raiders even have? Miller gone, Murphey hurt, Ford hurt. Man its bad at WR for Oakland.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 01:20 PM
We will probably by a zone and bracket Ford if all of Oaks other WR are hurt. I told you that Raiders were super think at WR. They will have to run the ball 30 times a game.

We have plenty of players to catch the ball. You're not familiar with all our positions so here's what you are missing.

Marcell Reece played WR and converted to a hybrid... We split him wide and he makes catches from the backfield

Darren McFadden has very good hands and will make you pay
Denarious Moore is a rookie that catches everything you'll see him soon
We do have Kevin Boss at TE he's no slouch... I can go on about Ausberry and a couple of others but Its not necessary. Murphy is out but we have replacements who are good.

baja
08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Champ is one of the best open field tacklers in the league which is amazing given he is a CB.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Champ is one of the best open field tacklers in the league which is amazing given he is a CB.

Bailout has always been a good tackler. It's all in the technique and the desire to actually put your body in the correct position then sacrafice it. Most players take horrible angles and shy away from contact or they look for the big hit.

There are a couple of new players on your team that are just bad... #41 wow... Reaching and not squaring up... Getting beat off the line is one thing but doing the mummy grab technique is not going to cut it in the NFL!

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
We have plenty of players to catch the ball. You're not familiar with all our positions so here's what you are missing.

Marcell Reece played WR and converted to a hybrid... We split him wide and he makes catches from the backfield

Darren McFadden has very good hands and will make you pay
Denarious Moore is a rookie that catches everything you'll see him soon
We do have Kevin Boss at TE he's no slouch... I can go on about Ausberry and a couple of others but Its not necessary. Murphy is out but we have replacements who are good.

You are myopic. Reece and Mcfadden can catch some balls but in no way are outside or down the field threats. Boss is decent underneath but can't get deep like Miller could. Your rookie may be a good one, who knows, but to expect a rookie to be your downfield, outside threat first game of his career, vs Champ Bailey is a lot to ask.

More then likely Campbell only throws the ball 17-20 times and the Raiders try and pound it down our throats. May work vs Denver but for the whole yr Raiders have some serious issues on the oline and at WR.

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Bailout has always been a good tackler. It's all in the technique and the desire to actually put your body in the correct position then sacrafice it. Most players take horrible angles and shy away from contact or they look for the big hit.

There are a couple of new players on your team that are just bad... #41 wow... Reaching and not squaring up... Getting beat off the line is one thing but doing the mummy grab technique is not going to cut it in the NFL!

I agree Vaughn isn't very good. But he is the 3rd or 4th CB so for the Raiders to exploit him them have to go 3 wr. With all of them hurt I'm not too worried about it. Goodman and Bailey can handle the Raiders because your QB is AVG and we will have a better pass rush for sure. Not to mention you are having oline injuries to a thin oline unit. Really you have as much trouble there as we do inside at DT.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Good thing Huff is back there again to teach all the Raiders how to tackle.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree Vaughn isn't very good. But he is the 3rd or 4th CB so for the Raiders to exploit him them have to go 3 wr. With all of them hurt I'm not too worried about it. Goodman and Bailey can handle the Raiders because your QB is AVG and we will have a better pass rush for sure. Not to mention you are having oline injuries to a thin oline unit. Really you have as much trouble there as we do inside at DT.

Goodman & Bailey can handle the Raiders because Campbell is average... Ha! ok Campbell is average not the best in the league but certainly not the worst. Better than Orton and well... I don't have to mention the other name because HeBlows :wiggle: LOL I digress I couldn't resisit Ha!

We have players who will cause matchup problems for your LB's and DB's what do you do about Reece coming out of the backfield or when he's lined up outside. He used to be a WR and still has the speed to beat a safety and any LB in the league. What do you do about McFadden out of the backfield. This is X's & O's man!

We have DHB who can't catch the ball but has speed that has to be respected. He's gonna take a corner deep or occupy a safety if its cover 2... You got Glass Schilens who can catch and is fast as hell on the other side doing the same.... Then you got Ford... then boss is in the middle and down the seams... that leaves players 1 on 1 with LB's on the second level. None of your LB's want part of Reece or McFadden on dumps, screens or plays underneath!

Get real we only have 1 real injury to a WR and that's Murphy, Satele is gonna practice today... none of this is a real concern outside of Murphy & Johnson's long term health.

Mogulseeker
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm going to name my son Chaz.

DENVERDUI55
08-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Goodman & Bailey can handle the Raiders because Campbell is average... Ha! ok Campbell is average not the best in the league but certainly not the worst. Better than Orton and well... I don't have to mention the other name because HeBlows :wiggle: LOL I digress I couldn't resisit Ha!

We have players who will cause matchup problems for your LB's and DB's what do you do about Reece coming out of the backfield or when he's lined up outside. He used to be a WR and still has the speed to beat a safety and any LB in the league. What do you do about McFadden out of the backfield. This is X's & O's man!

We have DHB who can't catch the ball but has speed that has to be respected. He's gonna take a corner deep or occupy a safety if its cover 2... You got Glass Schilens who can catch and is fast as hell on the other side doing the same.... Then you got Ford... then boss is in the middle and down the seams... that leaves players 1 on 1 with LB's on the second level. None of your LB's want part of Reece or McFadden on dumps, screens or plays underneath!

Get real we only have 1 real injury to a WR and that's Murphy, Satele is gonna practice today... none of this is a real concern outside of Murphy & Johnson's long term health.

sounds like 99 rams. Superbowl bound I guess Oakland is.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
That reads exactly how Al Davis would describe his own team.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 03:32 PM
sounds like 99 rams. Superbowl bound I guess Oakland is.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p5hrVb1Lp6w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well we have some talent on the team... I'm not saying SB bound but we should be better than 8-8 Take a look at one of the matchup problems you will face....

Maximus
08-18-2011, 03:38 PM
That reads exactly how Al Davis would describe his own team.

LOL well if he's copying my thoughts then he's right about the team

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM
LOL well if he's copying my thoughts then he's right about the team

It's served them well, as you can tell.

Bronx33
08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Remember davis sold his soul back in the 70s ( this is payment) and they wont be done collecting for some time. :clown:

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I'd take Orton over Campbell anyday. In fact I'm pretty sure Ortons numbers are better.

Aftermath
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Did someone say Campbell is better than Orton? No reason to read the rest of that post, you obviously know NOTHING, embarrassing.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Can the Raiders catch the Broncos in the race for the AFC West cellar?

08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p5hrVb1Lp6w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well we have some talent on the team... I'm not saying SB bound but we should be better than 8-8 Take a look at one of the matchup problems you will face....

A fullback? Really? Is that all you have? This is 2011, not 1981....a team with a mediocre QB and absolutely ZERO wide receivers is not making the playoffs.

Raiders Schedule

Raiders @ Donkeys W
Raiders @ Bills W
Jets @ Raiders L
Patriots @ Raiders L
Raiders @ Texans W
Browns @ Raiders W
Chiefs @ Raiders W
BYE
Donkeys @ Raiders W
Raiders @ SD L
Raiders @ Vikings L
Bears @ Raiders L
Raiders @ Dolphins L
Raiders @ Packers L
Lions @ Raiders W
Raiders @ Chiefs L
SD @ Raiders L

7-9

A hot 6-2 start is going to have these jackasses crowing. Five losses in a row is going to send them straight back into hell. Nice try, Oakland, but no QB and no receivers means no playoffs. 1-7 down the stretch will be almost as fun to watch as the Broncos' utter collapse into ruin.

08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Good thing Huff is back there again to teach all the Raiders how to tackle.

Huff is a good player and had a breakout season last year. He was the second-highest rated safety on Pro Football Focus' rankings.

In fact I like Oakland's defense as a whole, even without Asomugha.

Their passing game is a huge joke.

By the way, I heard they were going to sign Gaither until he told them "thanks, but no thanks." They said he failed a physical as revenge for his snub.

Bronx33
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Talk it up fat boy talk it up it makes your fall that much funnier..

Aftermath
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
The Raiders will not beat the Lions and we will AT LEAST split with them, 5-11

broncofan2438
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Can the Raiders catch the Broncos in the race for the AFC West cellar?

wow, finally a year that you take the division(finally) and your head is bigger than ever.

08-18-2011, 04:45 PM
The Raiders will not beat the Lions and we will AT LEAST split with them, 5-11

I don't see why.

Any team with an elite running game and front 7 like Oakland's is going to murder Denver.

Tombstone RJ
08-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok here's the problem... Tackling is a fundamental of the defense. It's like a basketball player in preseason not knowing how to dribble the basketball Ha! It's ok the coach will show him how to dribble before the season starts???

Heck, my commentary isn't all about the donks. Tackling sucks league wide! Some are good others are decent at it.. Then some players flat out suck. Lazy technique can become contagious. It was just an obvious thing dallas used better tackling technique and it stood out.

these guys are pros, in the NFL, they can tackle if they want to bro. Fox will make them want to...

08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
these guys are pros, in the NFL, they can tackle if they want to bro. Fox will make them want to...

ROFL!

That's what Gunther said.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 05:27 PM
A fullback? Really? Is that all you have? This is 2011, not 1981....a team with a mediocre QB and absolutely ZERO wide receivers is not making the playoffs.

Raiders Schedule

Raiders @ Donkeys W
Raiders @ Bills W
Jets @ Raiders L
Patriots @ Raiders L
Raiders @ Texans W
Browns @ Raiders W
Chiefs @ Raiders W
BYE
Donkeys @ Raiders W
Raiders @ SD L
Raiders @ Vikings L
Bears @ Raiders L
Raiders @ Dolphins L
Raiders @ Packers L
Lions @ Raiders W
Raiders @ Chiefs L
SD @ Raiders L

7-9

A hot 6-2 start is going to have these jackasses crowing. Five losses in a row is going to send them straight back into hell. Nice try, Oakland, but no QB and no receivers means no playoffs. 1-7 down the stretch will be almost as fun to watch as the Broncos' utter collapse into ruin.

Dude I own you completely... From your name "The information Minister" to the facts. I know you're not talking about QB's or who's team is better. It seems to me that we kicked your teams ass with Jason Campbell last season too... This is all I have to say to you... Who completed all those passes to ford ??? Ha!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DJWCDSmP7ug?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maximus
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd take Orton over Campbell anyday. In fact I'm pretty sure Ortons numbers are better.

Good cause you got him... apparently for quite a while too 8')

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 05:31 PM

Funny you say Oakland has ZERO wideouts when their impressive rookie Jacoby Ford smoked Brandon Flowers like a blunt last year!

Raiders have promise at WR. Ford and Denarius Moore look like a formidable young duo.

Not to mention, Cassel is a mediocre QB too. So look in the mirror before slinging stones at the Raiders. And no, I don't want to hear hear about 27/7 because a majority of NFL insiders don't respect your QB and over half of your fan base doesn't like him.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Did someone say Campbell is better than Orton? No reason to read the rest of that post, you obviously know NOTHING, embarrassing.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox2/Jason%20Campbell.jpg
http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox2/Kyle%20Orton.jpg

Apparently you know nothing look at the Career QB Ratings and stats then talk to me!

Maximus
08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Their passing game is a huge joke.

By the way, I heard they were going to sign Gaither until he told them "thanks, but no thanks." They said he failed a physical as revenge for his snub.

Our passing game wasn't a joke when Campbell and Jacoby burned you was it? I'm not surprised that the Queefs were desperate enough to sign Gaither. He's damaged goods especially if Baltimore didn't try to resign him!

Bronx33
08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Funny you say Oakland has ZERO wideouts when their impressive rookie Jacoby Ford smoked Brandon Flowers like a blunt last year!

Raiders have promise at WR. Ford and Denarius Moore look like a formidable young duo.

Not to mention, Cassel is a mediocre QB too. So look in the mirror before slinging stones at the Raiders. And no, I don't want to hear hear about 27/7 because a majority of NFL insiders don't respect your QB and over half of your fan base doesn't like him.

Bob licks his picture since his priest holmes poster got all soggy.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Apparently you know nothing look at the Career QB Ratings and stats then talk to me!

Of course, Captain Checkdown has a good QB rating!

Rivers is the only QB in the division worth bragging about.

Orton-Campbell-Cassel are all a wash. Solid, middle-of-road QBs, but all teams could do much better.

Campbell has the size and athleticism that position demands, but he doesn't have the poise and confidence of a big time signal caller. I also hate that he tends to run or dump off when he gets into trouble. With an arm like his, he should be more aggressive in the passing game.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 05:48 PM

I can agree to that for sure. When it comes to the real deal, I expect that the vets will turn it on and get the job done. Seriously though... Tackling is a lost art. These guys on every team (not just the donks) are lacking fundamentals. It's disgusting. It makes the offensive players of this era seem less legitimate than players from days of old!

A guy can put up 200+ yards rushing in today's game but in earlier years... they would have been knocked on their ass and saddled with a total of 75 yards.

Dagmar
08-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Talk it up fat boy talk it up it makes your fall that much funnier..

No, it doesn't, because he is the worst kind, he's here to give it but if he has to take it, he'll disappear like the ****ing pussy he is.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Of course, Captain Checkdown has a good QB rating!

Rivers is the only QB in the division worth bragging about.

Orton-Campbell-Cassel are all a wash. Solid, middle-of-road QBs, but all teams could do much better.

Campbell has the size and athleticism that position demands, but he doesn't have the poise and confidence of a big time signal caller. I also hate that he tends to run or dump off when he gets into trouble. With an arm like his, he should be more aggressive in the passing game.

I can agree with that assessment. However, if we Leave Phyllis Rivers out of the conversation Campbell would be rated the best in the division. So, no matter how he got there dink and dunk it doesn't matter he has better stats than Brady II and Orton. There were a lot of dink and dunkers that are big names....

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 06:17 PM
I can agree with that assessment. However, if we Leave Phyllis Rivers out of the conversation Campbell would be rated the best in the division. So, no matter how he got there dink and dunk it doesn't matter he has better stats than Brady II and Orton. There were a lot of dink and dunkers that are big names....

So the second best QB in the division got benched in week 3 and 4 of last year for Bruce Gradkowski.

By the way, he didn't have better stats than Brady II and Orton last year. That's more pertinent than comparing his Redskins career to Orton in Chicago or Cassel in New England.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 06:33 PM
So the second best QB in the division got benched in week 3 and 4 of last year for Bruce Gradkowski.

By the way, he didn't have better stats than Brady II and Orton last year. That's more pertinent than comparing his Redskins career to Orton in Chicago or Cassel in New England.

Sure he got benched that's not a problem. He didn't know the offense and was holding the ball too long. The only problem the benching causes is with statistics in this discussion. Ok he didn't have better stats last year but you cannot say that one player is overall better based on a single season. If we do this the flashes in the pan will be glorified beyond belief.

We can look at the likes of Mark Rypien, Don Majikowski, Steve Bono and others based on single seasons or individual games and they looked like world beaters. However, based on career stats... they don't measure up to others in their era.

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 06:37 PM

You're kidding yourself. Cassal and Orton both better then Campbell. It's not even close. This will Campbell's last yr starting in the NFL.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
You're kidding yourself. Cassal and Orton both better then Campbell. It's not even close. This will Campbell's last yr starting in the NFL.

Prove it! Because over their careers Campbell has been better. Completions, Yards, QB Ranking Mobility & Arm Strength. Hell you're a HeBlows supporter so that's telling me what you really think about Orton.

08-18-2011, 06:56 PM

ROFL!

A rookie and a guy who had 25 catches last year.

Is weed legalized in Oakland?

bowtown
08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
I hate repping Bob.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Yes.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 07:38 PM
ROFL!

A rookie and a guy who had 25 catches last year.

Ford had two 100-yard games in the second-half of last season. That's when Oakland started using him in their offensive package.

In analyzing a team's potential, one must recognize the possibility of a budding young player getting better. Ford fits that bill.

Chaz Shilens and Darius Heyward-Bey are garbage and will remain garbage, but Ford is a gem.

I will admit, I went overboard with Denarius Moore, but after watching him in the preseason game last week, he's an explosive player with good burst and is smooth in space. I like him and think he's a fifth round find.

WRs are a luxury anyways. Most teams shouldn't even invest heavily in one until they are ready to make a serious run. Look at Brandon Lloyd (DEN), Calvin Johnson (DET), Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson (CIN), Steve Smith (CAR), Larry Fitzgerald (ARZ) last year, plenty of All-Pro type talent that went to waste.

KCStud
08-18-2011, 07:44 PM
I never cheer for the Broncos, but I just might in week 1. It would be hilarious to see the Faiders lose their first divisional game in the first week of the season after bragging about going 6-0 last year.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Prove it! Because over their careers Campbell has been better. Completions, Yards, QB Ranking Mobility & Arm Strength. Hell you're a HeBlows supporter so that's telling me what you really think about Orton.

Their stats are not even that far apart career wise to draw any drastic conclusions. Especially considering Campbell played in Jim Zorn's completion friendly dink-and-dunk offense and Orton played in a run-oriented offense in Chicago.

They're a wash. Two middle-of-the-road QBs that probably won't be starting for Oakland and Denver in 2013.

The Raiders have a formidable front seven that dwarfs Denver's. That's your huge edge over us. Campbell being an advantage over Orton though? PLEASE!!!

Mr. Elway
08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Ford burned us on the end-around last year but unless he's learned to run routes and get separation during his free time this summer I doubt he's going to be doing much damage in the passing game this season.

Raider fans I have talked to seem way too confident because of last year's blowout in Denver. I don't know if we will win or lose but I bet it's going to be a lot more competitive than that this time.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Their stats are not even that far apart career wise to draw any drastic conclusions. Especially considering Campbell played in Jim Zorn's completion friendly dink-and-dunk offense and Orton played in a run-oriented offense in Chicago.

They're a wash. Two middle-of-the-road QBs that probably won't be starting for Oakland and Denver in 2013.

The Raiders have a formidable front seven that dwarfs Denver's. That's your huge edge over us. Campbell being an advantage over Orton though? PLEASE!!!

First let's eliminate a fallacious (sp) idea that is the catalyst of this debate. Let's eliminate the false hood that you need. Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or some superstar QB to win the SB. That is BS and it has been proven wrong time and again. Shall I bring up Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw or even Trent Dilfer. These were middle of the road QB's who won SB's. So the idea that middle of the road cannot be good enough is wrong.

Second all of these QB's are not even just because they have stats that are close. If we go strictly by stats Jason Campbell is better than the rest. So, if he's not the best of the bunch that we're talking about you tell me why...

1. Accuracy
2. Mobility
3. Arm Strength
4. Red Zone
5. Leadership
6. Crunch Time Play Making
7. Reading Defenses
8. Clock Management

Tell me something. You can't just throw shiat against the wall and hope it sticks. This place has become lazy. I gave 8 areas for anyone to debate. Add your own if you like but... sitting behind the screen and just saying... He's better without proof is BS.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 08:37 PM
First let's eliminate a fallacious (sp) idea that is the catalyst of this debate. Let's eliminate the false hood that you need. Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or some superstar QB to win the SB. That is BS and it has been proven wrong time and again. Shall I bring up Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw or even Trent Dilfer. These were middle of the road QB's who won SB's. So the idea that middle of the road cannot be good enough is wrong.

Terry Bradshaw and Jim Plunkett were the first overall picks. They were drafted with the intention of being a superstar QB.

Yes, teams can win "one" Super Bowl with a Dilfer, Brad Johnson or Jeff Hostetler.

But having a franchise QB (Montana, Brady, Starr, Elway) gives a team a chance to win multiple Super Bowls. That will always be the best model for sustained success.

08-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Ford had two 100-yard games in the second-half of last season. That's when Oakland started using him in their offensive package.

ROFL!

Jacoby Ford had exactly three games all year where he had more than two catches.

WRs are a luxury anyways. Most teams shouldn't even invest heavily in one until they are ready to make a serious run.

Yeah, an we know the Raiders are FAR AWAY from making ANY kind of run, eh? LOL

Every team that faces the Raiders is going to stack the box and dare one of the worst pass protecting lines in the league to stop the pass rush long enough for garbage wide receivers to get open.

By the end of the year you'll be talking about quarterback options in the draft, because Jason Campbell won't survive this year.

Maximus
08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Terry Bradshaw and Jim Plunkett were the first overall picks. They were drafted with the intention of being a superstar QB.

Yes, teams can win "one" Super Bowl with a Dilfer, Brad Johnson or Jeff Hostetler.

But having a franchise QB (Montana, Brady, Starr, Elway) gives a team a chance to win multiple Super Bowls. That will always be the best model for sustained success.

True, Bradshaw & Plunkett were first round picks and they were drafted with the intentions of being Superstars. They didn't live up to superstar status but they won SB's... Jason Campbell was drafted in the first round with the same intentions... Round 1 Pick 25.

You are right it make's life easier to have the Franchise QB!

Maximus
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
ROFL!

Jacoby Ford had exactly three games all year where he had more than two catches.

Yeah, an we know the Raiders are FAR AWAY from making ANY kind of run, eh? LOL

Every team that faces the Raiders is going to stack the box and dare one of the worst pass protecting lines in the league to stop the pass rush long enough for garbage wide receivers to get open.

By the end of the year you'll be talking about quarterback options in the draft, because Jason Campbell won't survive this year.

And one of those multiple catch games came against your 1969 Chiefs! Stack the box and have The TE and FB torch you over and over... you don't know squat!

Campbell made a living off of that in Washington... Remember Chris Cooley? He will kill you with quick slant passes... you know nothing Ha!

Inkana7
08-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Jason Campbell sucks. Not sure why this is even being argued.

08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
And one of those multiple catch games came against your 1969 Chiefs! Stack the box and have The TE and FB torch you over and over... you don't know squat!

Campbell made a living off of that in Washington... Remember Chris Cooley? He will kill you with quick slant passes... you know nothing Ha!

The Chiefs have one of the best coverage linebackers in the league and one of the best safeties.

Your tight end and fullback aren't doing ****.

I mean COME ON, MAN.

TIGHT ENDS AND FULLBACKS DON'T WIN GAMES IN THE ****IN' MODERN NFL.

HOW ****ING HARD IS THAT TO COMPREHEND

Maximus
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
The Chiefs have one of the best coverage linebackers in the league and one of the best safeties.

Your tight end and fullback aren't doing ****.

I mean COME ON, MAN.

TIGHT ENDS AND FULLBACKS DON'T WIN GAMES IN THE ****IN' MODERN NFL.

HOW ****ING HARD IS THAT TO COMPREHEND

Lets see how I can phrase this so it gets past the mullet and the BBQ Sauce that is clogging your brain.... Dallas Clark, Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Jason Whitten... You want me to continue you buffoon! They don't win games in modern football... You ignorant stupid 1969 Queef Fan! Why are you talking anyway... This is a tread about the Raiders... We're playing the Broncos in week 1 and the Chefs don't matter around these parts right now. So Shut the **** up! Did you Comprehend that?

Maximus
08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Jason Campbell sucks. Not sure why this is even being argued.

Well because it can be argued and because it's different than all the Tim HeBlows speculation :sunshine:

08-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Lets see how I can phrase this so it gets past the mullet and the BBQ Sauce that is clogging your brain.... Dallas Clark, Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Jason Whitten... You want me to continue you buffoon! They don't win games in modern football... You ignorant stupid 1969 Queef Fan! Why are you talking anyway... This is a tread about the Raiders... We're playing the Broncos in week 1 and the Chefs don't matter around these parts right now. So Shut the **** up! Did you Comprehend that?

Kevin Boss is nowhere close to those players.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Kevin Boss is nowhere close to those players.

Maybe in your fantasy football league. But Boss is a top-notch blocker, too. How many tight ends can do that and catch 35-40 balls a season?

08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Maybe in your fantasy football league. But Boss is a top-notch blocker, too. How many tight ends can do that and catch 35-40 balls a season?

ROFL!

Kevin Boss is not a top notch blocker.

Even if he was, blocking tight ends who can catch 30 balls are not that rare. About half the league has a guy like that on their roster.

KCStud
08-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I have to agree with the rest of the people who think the Raiders will take steps back this season.

Zach Miller was by far your best receiver and losing him is going to really hurt. Your offense this year reminds me of KC's offense last year, but not quite as potent. Power running game (KC and OAK were best rushing teams last season), no thin at WR, decent OL. Only difference is I don't see any receiver getting 15 TD's like Bowe and Campbell sure won't be throwing 27 TD's (only threw 20 once in his career).
As for Ford, you're talking him up way too much. He made more of an impact on special teams than WR. 3 of his 5 TD's last year were returns. He is a deep threat, but he won't be surprising teams this season.
Your defense looks to be very good outside of the #2 CB and Safety positions (Huff is overrated IMO). Your front 7 is a top unit in the league and sacks will come like last year, but I see your defense getting tired late in games because the offense will struggle.

I see 7-9 this year for the Raiders in all honesty.

Dagmar
08-18-2011, 11:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gRede.gif

bowtown
08-19-2011, 05:39 AM
So this is our yearly thread where raiders and chiefs fans desperately duke it out ons Broncos message board? Fantastic.

cutthemdown
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I just watched a classic Campbell play. He scrambles, gets flustered, drops the ball, try's to go after ball, then gets destroyed and is out of the game. He could have a concussion from how it looked. The guy is lame i hope he isn't injured. He's our best chance to win week one.

08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
The Raiders first team got outgained like 200-60

Inkana7
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Kendall Hunter is gashing Oakland's D.

Maximus
08-20-2011, 09:09 PM
The Raiders first team got outgained like 200-60

I would expect stupidity from a fan who said TE's don't win games anymore

08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I would expect stupidity from a fan who said TE's don't win games anymore

0 POINTS

:giggle:

Bronco Boy
08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgygK0c36TjZ81nRg06bp_Wy3Wdo2rU GeeFlfYn5zMWHjV4oyL

dbfan21
08-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Campbell hurt...not word on the extent of injury.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6881004/oakland-raiders-jason-campbell-leaves-preseason-game-injured

cutthemdown
08-21-2011, 05:10 AM
He got hit in the head with a knee from what it looked like to me. He could easily have a concussion. Maybe he will get lucky and forget he plays for the Raiders.

6-0 vs division last yr. They will be lucky to win 6 games all yr IMO. The oline looks horrid, they miss Gallery inside. Campbell doesn't have Miller to lock on to, the WR are all hurt or crappy, and the secondary lost its best player in Aso.

I still think they have some great RB, and some good front 7 defenders, but with the new coach and the losses of Miller, Aso Gallery, I think Raiders took a big step back this offseason.

MABroncoFan
08-21-2011, 11:05 PM
rotoworld....
Raiders TE Kevin Boss is "week to week" after suffering a sprained knee in Saturday's game.
The description indicates the likelihood of a sprained MCL, which requires a 2-6 week recovery timetable depending on the severity of the tear. Boss is just a low-end TE2 even when healthy. Coming off a knee sprain, he should be taken off fantasy cheat sheets. Source: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter Aug 21, 8:45 PM

cutthemdown
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
We have a good shot to ambush the Raiders week 1 and give them a big fat 0-1 in the Division to start the yr. One of their starting CBS also been dinged. But the biggest factor is a new coach who wants to expand his offense in Oak, but doesn't have the tools at QB. He will ask too much of Campbell, and without enough weapons in the passing game and a suspect oline he will not deliver.