PDA

View Full Version : I’m optimistic

EmpireOrange
08-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Been mauling over the Broncos, reading pretty much everything out there that there is to read on this Bronco squad and I’m giddy. Some of you may remember my recent ground breaking insider information post regarding Mr. Elway’s vision and plan to get the Broncos back to football prominence and among the elite in the NFL. From the inside info regarding the Orton trade, I took liberties and projected Mr. Elway’s strategy of accepting, or allowing, natural selection to take its course this season with Andrew Luck’s draft declaration on the horizon. Although those projections were indeed reality a month or so ago, I am changing my position on: 1) the Broncos this season, and 2) Mr. Elway’s strategy.

Declaration 1: The Broncos finish 11-5:

Wins: v. Oakland, v. Cincy, @ Tenn, v. Chargers, @Miami, v. Detroit, @ Vikings, v. Chicago, v. Patriots, @ Buffalo, v. KC

Losses: @ Packers, @ Oakland, @ KC, v. Jets, @ Chargers.

Declaration 2: Defense will be middle of the pack if not upper echelon (even with the recent bad news on the DL front). Unlike the previous two coaches, John Fox lives, breaths, sleeps, eats and poos defense. His focus is on the defense. It’s what keeps him up and night. Doom and Miller, period! Miller’s play is phenomenal, but even better is his attitude and demeanor. It’s like if Al Wilson was an x-man, he’d be Von Miller. Denver has the talent and now the coaching to be at least a middle of the pack defense. Last year Denver finishes at least 9-7 with a middle of the road defense.

** In order fill gaps in the wake of Thomas and Warren injuries, look for the Broncos to get a little creative, such as bringing back Trevor Pryce or another long in the tooth vet at minimum.

Declaration 3: Run the facking ball is back in Denver. Yeah I know its cliché right now because of Fox, but it’s true. Remember, Orton carried this team last season offensively. However bad, he did carry the team. Orton = Denver’s entire offense last year. McD is Mike Martz on crack. He hates running the ball, and he takes to passing like a toddler takes to shiny objects. Orton may not be John Elway in the 4th Quarter or in the red zone, but he will better this season in all phases with a consistent run game and in a run-oriented offense. If Denver had committed to the run game more often last year, they would have finished at least 9-7.

Declaration 3: 3 is a two-fold declaration. First, the QB of the future is a Bronco right now. And second, Kyle Orton will get a two-year contract extension before year’s end. The media hasn’t figured it out yet because they have no sense or imagination; but reasons for the pull back on the Orton trade were due to the fact that reality set in at Dove Valley very quickly. The cupboards are not as bare as most think and a playoff team this year is among the roster. From the end of Shanahan through McD, Denver as an organization off the field was a circus. Bar-none the most entertaining off season and off the field team in the league. But play time ended with the return of Mr. Elway and subsequently his hire of Mr. Fox – F-O-X! Contrary to the majority, even with the highly publicized mass exodus of pre madonna talent, Denver during these last few years did indeed get younger and more athletic in a lot of key places. For example, if Parish Cox wasn’t a rapist ahole he would be thought of right now as one of the games up and coming corners in his second year. And there are more like Cox sprinkled throughout the roster – OL, WR, RB, etc. The problem with today’s environment is that with so many talking heads and year around media coverage, patients for allowing talent develop and take shape is gone. Tebow is getting clobbered right now; but just a few years ago nobody went after Aaron Rodgers or the Packers for sitting the bench as a 1st rounder, nor did they go after the Chargers and Rivers. But as soon as Tebow was drafted the standard for 1st round QB’s became play now or bust. It’s garbage. And it’s not paramount that Tebow plays now, or even next year. Despite his dullness, if one throws away out the bias and opens his/her eyes, one will come to the realization that Orton gave top 10 QB play last year, and, by all accounts, he’s even better this year. McDummy’s draft of Tebow (and all of his polarization) in the first round ironically appears to have been a blessing. Tebow in the NFL doesn’t draw the criticism as much as Tebow drafted in the 1st round does. With Orton’s contract extension, he will be, barring injury, the Broncos’ starting QB for most of that time – and the Broncos will also be in the playoffs during much of that time as well. Tim Tebow will then eventually supplant Orton as the starting QB – possibly 2013 - and Orton will be traded to L.A. for a king’s ransom (playoff-proven QBs do not come cheap.) The QB of the future is Tebow, and regardless of all the naysayers, he will become the QB everybody says he can never be. The media ridicule and hate has actually given Tebow a bit of a reprieve by the Elway regime. Elway is annoyed by the hate, and his resolve in helping Tebow succeed has been steeled. By week 4 he will be cast aside and forgotten by outsiders, but in Dove Valley Tebow love is just beginning to take shape - as telegraphed by John Fox in recent interviews. The stability of the Elway regime, the Broncos playoff poise, and Orton filling the void has given Tim Tebow the greatest gift a player could ever be given: Time.

There you have it. For the betters, book it! In John We Trust.

Peoples Champ
08-17-2011, 11:11 AM
i like your optimism. I hope to come back in January and say dang your right.

Gcver2ver3
08-17-2011, 11:11 AM
those are some pretty lofty declarations...

i approve...

Archer81
08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
You lost me at 11-5.

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
08-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I like the enthusiasm.

LonghornBronco
08-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I feel you on most of that, but I can't seem to dismiss the DT situation. We were a soft up the middle, worst in the league against the run defense. I have alot of hope that the sacks will come back with Doom and Miller now, but the DT situation is BAD!

BMF Bronco
08-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Share the drugs....err enthusiasm. Wow, 11-5? I thought I was transported back 6 years or so, when our ****ty QB got us to the AFC Championship game. But hey, I like it, keep it rolling and maybe that optimism will rub off somehow.

DENVERDUI55
08-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Damn u should bet the whole farm on over 6 wins in Vegas with that confidence.

RhymesayersDU
08-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Why stop there? I declare a first round bye, steamroll through the playoffs, and a Superbowl win.

TailgateNut
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Damn u should bet the whole farm on over 6 wins in Vegas with that confidence.

I'd go for that as long as there's a guarantee TimBoy doesn't start, if there's any possibility of that happening, I wouldn't touch that bet with a ten foot pole.

serious hops
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Why stop there? I declare a first round bye, steamroll through the playoffs, and a Superbowl win.

Championshiiip!

EmpireOrange
08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Share the drugs....err enthusiasm. Wow, 11-5? I thought I was transported back 6 years or so, when our ****ty QB got us to the AFC Championship game. But hey, I like it, keep it rolling and maybe that optimism will rub off somehow.

If you do some research - I am not sure you can you may have to ask Taco - I predicted that run 6 years ago too. 13-3.

Ambiguous
08-17-2011, 11:37 AM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=29103

Powderaddict
08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
I really like the optimism. I think Fox was a great hire, and will bring stability to a team that desperately needs it.

DT is still a major concern of mine. The defense should be much improved, but this roster was left such a mess it will take more than 1 offseason to correct.

And I disagree about Orton. I not only think he won’t get extended, I doubt he goes the entire season as the starting QB. He has gotten injured every year he has started, so that’s a concern. I also don’t see Denver making a playoff push. I’d love to see it, but I don’t think we are there yet. Once the playoffs are pretty much not a possibility I think the new staff will really want to see what they have in Tebow so they know what they want to do in the offseason.

I see us with 6-7 wins, 8-9 wouldn’t surprise me. The schedule is brutal and there’s still just to many holes to fill. I am excited about where we are going though, and think we have the right people in the right places to get it done.

DrFate
08-17-2011, 11:49 AM
You lost me at 'mauling over the Broncos'...

BMF Bronco
08-17-2011, 11:54 AM

DAMN, I am good!Ha!

Gcver2ver3
08-17-2011, 12:11 PM

well that encourages me even more...

nice call OP...

srphoenix
08-17-2011, 12:27 PM
How do we beat the Patriots but lose all 3 division games on the road??

Mogulseeker
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
There's one every year...

I think we'll go 7-9, and I think that's pretty optimistic.

Agamemnon
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Here's hoping you are right...

Mogulseeker
08-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Been mauling over the Broncos, reading pretty much everything out there that there is to read on this Bronco squad and I’m giddy. Some of you may remember my recent ground breaking insider information post regarding Mr. Elway’s vision and plan to get the Broncos back to football prominence and among the elite in the NFL. From the inside info regarding the Orton trade, I took liberties and projected Mr. Elway’s strategy of accepting, or allowing, natural selection to take its course this season with Andrew Luck’s draft declaration on the horizon. Although those projections were indeed reality a month or so ago, I am changing my position on: 1) the Broncos this season, and 2) Mr. Elway’s strategy.

Declaration 1: The Broncos finish 11-5:

Wins: v. Oakland, v. Cincy, @ Tenn, v. Chargers, @Miami, v. Detroit, @ Vikings, v. Chicago, v. Patriots, @ Buffalo, v. KC

Losses: @ Packers, @ Oakland, @ KC, v. Jets, @ Chargers.

Declaration 2: Defense will be middle of the pack if not upper echelon (even with the recent bad news on the DL front). Unlike the previous two coaches, John Fox lives, breaths, sleeps, eats and poos defense. His focus is on the defense. It’s what keeps him up and night. Doom and Miller, period! Miller’s play is phenomenal, but even better is his attitude and demeanor. It’s like if Al Wilson was an x-man, he’d be Von Miller. Denver has the talent and now the coaching to be at least a middle of the pack defense. Last year Denver finishes at least 9-7 with a middle of the road defense.

** In order fill gaps in the wake of Thomas and Warren injuries, look for the Broncos to get a little creative, such as bringing back Trevor Pryce or another long in the tooth vet at minimum.

Declaration 3: Run the facking ball is back in Denver. Yeah I know its cliché right now because of Fox, but it’s true. Remember, Orton carried this team last season offensively. However bad, he did carry the team. Orton = Denver’s entire offense last year. McD is Mike Martz on crack. He hates running the ball, and he takes to passing like a toddler takes to shiny objects. Orton may not be John Elway in the 4th Quarter or in the red zone, but he will better this season in all phases with a consistent run game and in a run-oriented offense. If Denver had committed to the run game more often last year, they would have finished at least 9-7.

Declaration 3: 3 is a two-fold declaration. First, the QB of the future is a Bronco right now. And second, Kyle Orton will get a two-year contract extension before year’s end. The media hasn’t figured it out yet because they have no sense or imagination; but reasons for the pull back on the Orton trade were due to the fact that reality set in at Dove Valley very quickly. The cupboards are not as bare as most think and a playoff team this year is among the roster. From the end of Shanahan through McD, Denver as an organization off the field was a circus. Bar-none the most entertaining off season and off the field team in the league. But play time ended with the return of Mr. Elway and subsequently his hire of Mr. Fox – F-O-X! Contrary to the majority, even with the highly publicized mass exodus of pre madonna talent, Denver during these last few years did indeed get younger and more athletic in a lot of key places. For example, if Parish Cox wasn’t a rapist ahole he would be thought of right now as one of the games up and coming corners in his second year. And there are more like Cox sprinkled throughout the roster – OL, WR, RB, etc. The problem with today’s environment is that with so many talking heads and year around media coverage, patients for allowing talent develop and take shape is gone. Tebow is getting clobbered right now; but just a few years ago nobody went after Aaron Rodgers or the Packers for sitting the bench as a 1st rounder, nor did they go after the Chargers and Rivers. But as soon as Tebow was drafted the standard for 1st round QB’s became play now or bust. It’s garbage. And it’s not paramount that Tebow plays now, or even next year. Despite his dullness, if one throws away out the bias and opens his/her eyes, one will come to the realization that Orton gave top 10 QB play last year, and, by all accounts, he’s even better this year. McDummy’s draft of Tebow (and all of his polarization) in the first round ironically appears to have been a blessing. Tebow in the NFL doesn’t draw the criticism as much as Tebow drafted in the 1st round does. With Orton’s contract extension, he will be, barring injury, the Broncos’ starting QB for most of that time – and the Broncos will also be in the playoffs during much of that time as well. Tim Tebow will then eventually supplant Orton as the starting QB – possibly 2013 - and Orton will be traded to L.A. for a king’s ransom (playoff-proven QBs do not come cheap.) The QB of the future is Tebow, and regardless of all the naysayers, he will become the QB everybody says he can never be. The media ridicule and hate has actually given Tebow a bit of a reprieve by the Elway regime. Elway is annoyed by the hate, and his resolve in helping Tebow succeed has been steeled. By week 4 he will be cast aside and forgotten by outsiders, but in Dove Valley Tebow love is just beginning to take shape - as telegraphed by John Fox in recent interviews. The stability of the Elway regime, the Broncos playoff poise, and Orton filling the void has given Tim Tebow the greatest gift a player could ever be given: Time.

There you have it. For the betters, book it! In John We Trust.

We won't have upper echelon defense... we have major holes at MLB, UT, and CB2.

TonyR
08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
You lost me at 'mauling over the Broncos'...

Yes, he must stop "mauling" the Broncos. He must be thinking about what happens to us on both lines of scrimmage...

TonyR
08-17-2011, 12:53 PM
We were a soft up the middle...

Ms. Johansson is a little soft up the middle herself these days. Plus she was recently soiled by Sean Penn...

oubronco
08-17-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=242&dateline=1272959264 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=242)

Pontius Pirate
08-17-2011, 01:11 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/1308717950019.gif?w=250&h=205 (http://thechive.com/2011/07/13/lets-get-hump-day-started-with-some-light-stretching-11-gifs/attachment/1308717950019/)

HorseHead
08-17-2011, 01:15 PM
great take my friend...don't let the English teachers bust your nutzels....

stay positive...we're all fans, and we all bleed orange, 'cept for the trolls...

ps, 7-9,8-8 would be considered a major success...

vancejohnson82
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I would go with a 10 win season if we stay relatively injury free and we get some of the breaks that went against us last year (eg. Jets game) ...I can't see us getting 11 with the brutal schedule

if Orton wins 11 games and gets extended the Tebowites are going to keep making this place miserable though

broncocalijohn
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I'd go for that as long as there's a guarantee TimBoy doesn't start, if there's any possibility of that happening, I wouldn't touch that bet with a ten foot pole.

I think either QB can get us TO 6 wins but it is that 7th win that worries me. I do like the fact that we get the Bengals and seems Raiders and Chiefs might have slipped from last year. No way we are as bad as 2010 of 4 wins. I believe that if we used Tebow in some of those Red Zone series, we turn 3 points into 7 and could have been the difference in one or two games.

Agamemnon
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I would go with a 10 win season if we stay relatively injury free and we get some of the breaks that went against us last year (eg. Jets game) ...I can't see us getting 11 with the brutal schedule

if Orton wins 11 games and gets extended the Tebowites are going to keep making this place miserable though

Dude, it's not just Tebow fans that hate Orton. It's Broncos fans in general.

And Orton isn't getting an extension. Not a chance in Hell.

baja
08-17-2011, 01:44 PM
I too think we are going to have a much better season than most think. I have said we will win 10 games and i still think we will.

24champ
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I too think we are going to have a much better season than most think. I have said we will win 10 games and i still think we will.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzjx3PSC21qfy2kdo1_r1_500.gif

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 01:47 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/1308717950019.gif?w=250&h=205 (http://thechive.com/2011/07/13/lets-get-hump-day-started-with-some-light-stretching-11-gifs/attachment/1308717950019/)

This is arousing me too much...

EmpireOrange
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM

I think 11 wins is high too but it wasn't like I had a preconceived number to fit the Broncos season to. I was surprised to come up with 11 games and even over it a couple times. If my other declarations are correct, one can't say that with the exception of New England the Broncos shouldn’t win the games in the W column. SD at home early in the season, Cincy at home, KC at home... The Pats are a miraculous pick, but an 11-5 season would be a miraculous season. Here’s the kicker, I am not sure 11-5 wins the west.

The basis for the Pats picks; btw, is really the Pat's history both recent and pre-dynasty against Denver and @ Mile High. The Broncos have faired pretty, pretty, pretty good against them.

baja
08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Dude, it's not just Tebow fans that hate Orton. It's Broncos fans in general.

And Orton isn't getting an extension. Not a chance in Hell.

I think it s 50 50 on that.

You haven't even seen him play this season yet. He might surprise you with a running game and an O line than can actually block.

McD was nuts for starting two rookies on the interior of the O line.

He was also nuts for switching to the 3 - 4 without the right players.

Los Broncos
08-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Optimisum, about the faith of the people that have accepted of the mission of improbable, to become some particle, perged
by the discouage of suffering, anger, hate, religions and war, Its tought to explain, debate, or even explore, but I die
straight to the core,
And explosion of intrespect so quiet, he can definalty, yet he can breath into the sins lounges into the most rempered
thugg,
Tis a bull that has been thorugh the mudd with a point of the head of a heavy weight, from the cold detail of the hot
reality of the butcher trap. to the grand flights of fancy from the astract mind of a hip hop super nerd, as long as
the truth is heard,
The truth must be spoken, my youth has been smokin and drankin, drankin and smokin, a life like that may seem right, but
that aint what the seem like, we aint tight unless yall tight, might bless me and all types, the goal is for all growns to

Pseudofool
08-17-2011, 02:09 PM
That's insider analysis if I've ever seen it.

oubronco
08-17-2011, 02:21 PM
With the schedule they have I can't see them winning 4-5 games tops

I hope i'm wrong but i just don't see it

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 03:15 PM
DAMN, I am good!Ha!

Where did you post in there?

Dont forget tougher schedule. I still say 13-3 regardless.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=716751&postcount=8

:)

Old Dude
08-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd agree with all of that but for the fact that Doom, Miller, Clady, Bailey, Decker, Kuper, Williams, Dawkins, Moore and at least our top three RBs on the depth chart will probably all be on injured reserve before the season starts.

... just balancing the optimism....

BMF Bronco
08-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Where did you post in there?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=716751&postcount=8

:)

I am talking about my flashback.

Agamemnon
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it s 50 50 on that.

You haven't even seen him play this season yet. He might surprise you with a running game and an O line than can actually block.

McD was nuts for starting two rookies on the interior of the O line.

He was also nuts for switching to the 3 - 4 without the right players.

I've seen Orton at his absolute best, and still wasn't sold. Chances of him becoming a truly good QB this year are pretty much nil.

crush17
08-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I've seen Orton at his absolute best, and still wasn't sold. Chances of him becoming a truly good QB this year are pretty much nil.

Yeah his absolute best came during the Chiefs game last season. A game in which there is a high possibility that we cheated. Awesome.

t-diddy
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
"Mauling" is what Orton does to skanks and bottles of Jack...

razorwire77
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic too. Depth is a major issue. I think we have a core group of talent (Champ, Lloyd, Doom, Miller, Clady, Moore, etc.), but at certain positions, CB/DT/T/G for example, we are a pulled hammy or rape conviction away from having no depth. Our 2nd team o-line has looked atrocious.

7-9 wins wouldn't surprise me. Anything more than that would be great, but I don't see it. I also don't think Denver will be a 4 or 5 win team either. Last year was the perfect storm of injuries and McDaniels suck. A decent ball control offense, Tebow running certain spread and goal line packages, and a mid-tier defense make it entirely possible. The mediocrity of the AFC west ensures that.

Mogulseeker
08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't understand the Orton hate. I'd put him in the upper quartile of QBs, and he's a great stop gap to develop a franchise QB under.

razorwire77
08-17-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't understand the Orton hate. I'd put him in the upper quartile of QBs, and he's a great stop gap to develop a franchise QB under.

I'm not sure his personality is conducive to accepting a stop gap/mentor role though, even though circumstances and office ineptness has put him into it.

I agree with your assessment that the hate he gets is excessive. He is what he is and we know exactly what his NFL ceiling is. He has a great play action motion, an average arm that can make most NFL throws (although he floats deep outs), highly limited mobility, and questionable pocket presence when exposed to pressure. I think the frustration that non-Orton haters have with the situation is the ceiling factor. Kyle Orton has peaked as an NFL QB. If you put him in a Joe Flacco or Mark Sanchez situation, I think he could have success. Here, I just don't think we have the talent to win with a limited play-maker, slightly better than average QB, with a sh*t ton of game footage to scheme around. With Tebow and to a lesser extent Brady Quinn, you have more potential upside and a higher ceiling. Again, I'm not saying start either one them over Orton at this point, but Kyle should have been moved during FA and the younger guys should have gotten the reps as talent was evaluated.

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 05:56 PM

lol, you go ahead and name 24 starting QBs he's better than then.

BroncoMan4ever
08-17-2011, 05:57 PM
i think Denver's future CB is on the roster, but his name if Brady.

iforgotmypassword
08-17-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not basing this season entirely on W's and L's. What I want to see, in order, is....

1. Doom and Clady going back to all-pro form.

2. Von Miller being a force and improving.

3. Vast improvement by Ayers.

4. Rahim being very solid.

5. A suprise somewhere on Defense... maybe middle backer.

6. The young offense taking atleast small strides, some production from D. Thomas, Moreno, Decker and the entire O-line.

To me this season is about identifying the core of this football team.

7. Tebow winning super bowl MVP

missingnumber7
08-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Hey history has a way of repeating itself...Packers won the super bowl last year, that means we play and beat the packers this year and win again next year.

TonyR
08-17-2011, 07:51 PM
...some production from D. Thomas, Moreno, Decker and the entire O-line...

Sadly, this one in particular isn't likely to happen...

mwill07
08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm on board. That's whats great about the pre-season, isn't it? Everyone is undefeated.

guys, the cupboards are far from bare. There is talent here...I firmly believe that with competent coaching, we were an 8-8 team last year. Here's 4 games we should have won: @SF, StL, @ KC, @AZ. A little luck goes our way, and we could have beat NYJ, and SD...of course, we had a little luck in some wins , so I don't really want to hang my hat on luck.

I think this team has more talent than last years team...more talent + competent coaches can get us to 9-10 wins. A little luck and we are at 11+ wins.

Of course, we've got to stay healthy. Our talent is starters only...I don't believe we are a deep team, so a couple key injuries could derail this completely.

I'm also of the belief that Orton is rising to the challenge of dealing with some adversity. All of the Tebow stuff will only make Orton better...that's my hope, anyways.

strafen
08-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm on board. That's whats great about the pre-season, isn't it? Everyone is undefeated.

guys, the cupboards are far from bare. There is talent here...I firmly believe that with competent coaching, we were an 8-8 team last year. Here's 4 games we should have won: @SF, StL, @ KC, @AZ. A little luck goes our way, and we could have beat NYJ, and SD...of course, we had a little luck in some wins , so I don't really want to hang my hat on luck.

I think this team has more talent than last years team...more talent + competent coaches can get us to 9-10 wins. A little luck and we are at 11+ wins.

Of course, we've got to stay healthy. Our talent is starters only...I don't believe we are a deep team, so a couple key injuries could derail this completely.

I'm also of the belief that Orton is rising to the challenge of dealing with some adversity. All of the Tebow stuff will only make Orton better...that's my hope, anyways.

Sooner or later we need to re-establish home dominance. This is something we've lost for quite some time.
That alone should net 6-8 wins a year plus 4 on the road and we should be in good shape, but it all starts at home.
I'm not saying it will happen this year, but we could only hope...

Bronco Boy
08-17-2011, 10:32 PM
lol, you go ahead and name 24 starting QBs he's better than then.

Quartile is probably stretching it, but looking at the starting QBs in the league Orton is easily in the top half maybe top third statistically speaking. Not that I'm a fan of his.

MagicHef
08-18-2011, 02:06 AM
We're trading Orton to LA in 2 years?

Two questions:

Shouldn't you do a better job of hiding the fact that you're from the future?

Don't you have something more important to do, like stopping a murder or teaching a musician the words to his future hit song?

Durango
08-18-2011, 02:34 AM
6-8 wins would be a fantastic year all things considered, and it looks like the Broncos are re-building quickly after that great draft. Another one like that and we're in the contending business.

But, and there's always a but, we've got to find a DT, and a good one, not somebody else's trash, and I just don't think that's likely before the regular season.

cutthemdown
08-18-2011, 02:36 AM
We won't beat the pats, and will drop 2 more of those games just from bad luck. I do think 7-8 wins is doable though. Pretty tough schedule though for a rebuilding struggling franchise like Denver.

Ambiguous
08-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Sooner or later we need to re-establish home dominance. This is something we've lost for quite some time.
That alone should net 6-8 wins a year plus 4 on the road and we should be in good shape, but it all starts at home.
I'm not saying it will happen this year, but we could only hope...

That comes with having a good football team - good teams don't lose at home.

This complaint constantly comes up, but the fact is we have home dominance when we are a dominant football team (no one complained about this in 2005).