PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 2

Taco John
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Moderator: Taco John
Guests: Kaylore, montrose (Socal was out sick this week)

Discussed:

-Dallas Game (offense and defense performance)
-Quarterbacks - is Brady Quinn on the rise?
-Von Miller - Paralysis by Analysis
-Parrish Cox - Should he stay or should he go?
-Standouts: Eron Riley, Jeremiah Johnson
-Injury News
-Last Words & Shoutouts

Download it here:
http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/rgvq29oivh/110816_orangemanepodcast_02.mp3

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 09:34 PM
:thumbs:

Chris
08-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Schwing.

SoCalBronco
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't do this tonight due to still being under the weather. I'm looking very much forward to debuting next week.

I'm going to listen to the podcast, shortly. I'm sure it was a great show with our three studs!

Kaylore
08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I sing Wham! on this.

Seriously.

Archer81
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Listening now. So odd to hear the people behind the screen name. For some odd reason I thought Kaylore sounded like Khan and taco sounded like James Earl Jones.

I was way off.

:Broncos:

Swedish Extrovert
08-16-2011, 10:06 PM
This is sweet.

Doggcow
08-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Bad ass.

I just graduated with my degree in broadcast news, and I've done over a year of radio work, if you ever need a fill in or any help. I'm down.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Listening now. So odd to hear the people behind the screen name. For some odd reason I thought Kaylore sounded like Khan and taco sounded like James Earl Jones.

I was way off.

I thought Taco was a fat white guy.

Doggcow
08-16-2011, 11:17 PM
"NO JOSH MCDANIELS! NO! NOOOO!"

Worth listening to the whole thing for.

Chris
08-16-2011, 11:19 PM
WHAMTASTIC.

Such beauty. I eagerly await the album.

Bringin it.

Taco John
08-16-2011, 11:44 PM

Ha! I'm pretty tanned actually...

Archer81
08-17-2011, 12:59 AM

In my head Montrose sounded like the Dos Equis commerical guy.

BTW OP & guests, great podcast. Now if we could somehow fund an OM NFL channel, I would gladly listen to you guys over Dukes, Sapp and Fran.

If you guys do a "comeon, man" segment I'm out though.

Rausch 2.0
08-17-2011, 04:26 AM
WTF?

Did you introduce someone as Rausch?...

brncs_fan
08-17-2011, 04:44 AM
If I could provide a little bit of constructive criticism...the "uh's" got a little excessive and distracting.

Otherwise it sounds great.

Rausch 2.0
08-17-2011, 04:56 AM
If I could provide a little bit of constructive criticism...the "uh's" got a little excessive and distracting.

Nerves...it happens...

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 05:37 AM
WTF?

Did you introduce someone as Rausch?...

Raj....very similar though. You would be on the top of my list for opponent fan guests though. :)

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Could you be more specific? We take criticism seriously.

Rock Chalk
08-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Could you be more specific? We take criticism seriously.

What more specific do you need than the multiple "uhs"?

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm getting "The upload is not available"

Please fix. I really wanna hear some Wham :(

Jesterhole
08-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Good job guys.

TJ, you sound a bit anxious and nervous, but it went better as you settled down.
Kaylore, you were fine.
Montrose did really well and sounds like a professional. His thoughts flowed pretty well, and his stuff didn't ramble on.

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Kaylore: "As someone pointed out in a passing league, balance gets looked at as running all the time"

:/

At least half of those years he ran it more than he passed it. Anytime you run more than pass in a pass first league you're viewed as very "run heavy", but more importantly is 1st down. How many runs to how many passes, considering the result of the play will dictate what you call on 2nd and 3rd down.

Anyway you are very capable of looking it up for yourself.

Well done, my man.

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Great point on tackling, but I'd say it encompasses a LOT of specifics...

From proper angles to being in the proper position to being able to athletically break your hips down and square up.

Oh and love the Goodman hate bros :)

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Man you guys are doing an awesome job this podcast.

I personally believe the lack of success in relation to both screens and long runs is directly related to the lack of discipline in our defenders as opposed to over-scheming, but all three of you are doing great. Especially placed in such "on the spot" positions.

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Lol'd hard at "scrappy defense" when Kahn quietly says in the background "Mmm that's a good word".

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Kaylore: "As someone pointed out in a passing league, balance gets looked at as running all the time"

:/

Well done, my man.

I gave you props in the podcast before last on this specific issue. I do try and give credit where I read something I use. Sorry I missed it this time.

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 07:27 AM

Who is saying "Uh" too much and during which segment is it noticeable?

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 07:31 AM
I gave you props in the podcast before last on this specific issue. I do try and give credit where I read something I use. Sorry I missed it this time.

I don't mind one bit. I just love how much good info is being discussed.

This seriously is realllllllllllly, really good guys. Honestly.

DrFate
08-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Good job guys. I enjoyed it.

strafen
08-17-2011, 07:55 AM

kaylore wasn't very fluid.
The podcast was great, I like the format, but kaylore showed he's overrated.
Nothing personal, the guy is just overrated. I'm pretty sure he's a great and a nice guy, but hearing him talk was disappoining...
He is who I thought he was.

Taco John
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM

I definitely am. I attribute it to my initial nervousness. It's something that I'm definitely working on, so I hope people will be patient with me. It's just a difficult habit to break.

jhns
08-17-2011, 08:11 AM
My phone doesn't approve of the podcast. First it was saying there was a network issue, then just cut out 5 minutes in when I did get it working.

The only thing I got from it is that Taco sounds really young. You need to smoke for a while so you get the deep radio voice.

El Guapo
08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Awesome. Look forward to checking this out.

Mediator12
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
My phone hates this too. I will listen ASAP after I get home to tonight.

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 08:21 AM
kaylore wasn't very fluid.
The podcast was great, I like the format, but kaylore showed he's overrated.
Nothing personal, the guy is just overrated. I'm pretty sure he's a great and a nice guy, but hearing him talk was disappoining...
He is who I thought he was.

Gtfo

tsiguy96
08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I definitely am. I attribute it to my initial nervousness. It's something that I'm definitely working on, so I hope people will be patient with me. It's just a difficult habit to break.

10000% agree. on my 5th semester teaching and i still do this alot.
i tend to notice that once i get off curriculum and someone asks me an interesting question (ie once you start to get unscripted and into the good stuff) it tends to stop completely.

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Gtfo

LOL

"Kaylore is who I thought he was, yet somehow he still disappointed me by meeting my expectations." Ha!

Pendejo
08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
I sing Wham! on this.

Seriously.

All those years in front of the mirror paid off, eh?

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 08:45 AM
If I were FORCED to make any criticism, I'd say montrose occasionally overpowered the discussion.

The reason that's not a criticism: When he did it was pretty great stuff.

PS. You guys are 2/2 on "me" references, so let's keep that train rolling.

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Montrose is our Sandy Clough without the anger issues. ;D

CEH
08-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey guys , Did Tebow even go through his progressions? I still see a guy who looks at this first read then drops his head an runs. I may watch the game again tonight. In practice the guy will hold the ball for 5-6 seconds about twice as long as you can in a real game.

Good point on investment on Tebow.

dbfan21
08-17-2011, 09:08 AM
You guys did fantastic! I didn't catch the first podcast, but am very impressed with the knowledge, the exchange between the three of you and your smooth delivery.

Rep to the three of you!!

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Haha one funny thing, when talking about Maybin (btw, dead wrong about PSU not developing defenders >.< ) :

Montrose mentions Maybin needing to go to someone like Marinelli but doesnt know where he's coaching now.

Kaylore then mentions Maybin going to Chicago with their collection of 1st round busts this year.

(Marinelli is coaching in Chicago so it amused me)

AND it was immediately followed with Wham!

CEH
08-17-2011, 09:26 AM
I think it would be a mistake for take away DA vision o how he wants to run the defense. That's what happened the last two years and really frustrated players like BDawk

Kaylore
08-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Haha one funny thing, when talking about Maybin (btw, dead wrong about PSU not developing defenders >.< ) :

Montrose mentions Maybin needing to go to someone like Marinelli but doesnt know where he's coaching now.

Kaylore then mentions Maybin going to Chicago with their collection of 1st round busts this year.

(Marinelli is coaching in Chicago so it amused me)

AND it was immediately followed with Wham!

LOL You're right. I am going to start a Wham! tribute band called Ham!

TheReverend
08-17-2011, 09:46 AM
LOL You're right. I am going to start a Wham! tribute band called Ham!

Change your name to Michael George.

Chris
08-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Wham this was whammy good, I'd like more WHAM! next time.

El Guapo
08-17-2011, 10:22 AM

I feel your pain. I'm desperately trying to rid myself of the "uh's" and "like's" today's society has blessed me with. Good luck.

Chris
08-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Tacuh (you did great)... I suggest replacing all uhs with WHAM! in post.

Powderaddict
08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Do you have an RSS feed or anything I can put into my podcatcher so I can subscribe?

I'd like to download onto my phone and listen to them today if possible

dbfan21
08-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I can't believe John Clayton said the Broncos would go 2-14. What an idiot...I mean, I do not expect to win the Super Bowl, but we are a better team this year than last year.

Taco John
08-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Do you have an RSS feed or anything I can put into my podcatcher so I can subscribe?

I'd like to download onto my phone and listen to them today if possible

Not yet. That's in the plans for the future though.

Rock Chalk
08-17-2011, 10:52 AM

That is a more reasonable question.

I didnt notice it personally but I was only half-assed listening since I was working.

gyldenlove
08-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I love how Montrose and Taco start giggling like little girls when Khan began talking about Kuper.

oubronco
08-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Nice work fellas i'm really enjoying these

Powderaddict
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
So I was able to listen to the podcast, good stuff.

I'll definately subscribe once a feed is available :)

brncs_fan
08-17-2011, 02:53 PM

It's not a big deal. We all do it.

I found myself last year saying "you know" a LOT when trying to teach a younger grade than I was used to and was trying really hard to relate the material to them. The trick is to just take a deep breath, and realize that pauses in speech are normal and OK. If you listen to some of the best broadcasters on TV and Radio, they actually uses pauses to help make their point.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be critical. I think you guys will have this as a top notch podcast very soon.

brncs_fan
08-17-2011, 02:54 PM
It needs an intro as well.

www.freeplaymusic.com

Ray Finkle
08-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't do this tonight due to still being under the weather. I'm looking very much forward to debuting next week.

I'm going to listen to the podcast, shortly. I'm sure it was a great show with our three studs!

you were busy burning a candle in a vigil for Sydni, weren't you?

Chris
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
It needs an intro as well.

www.freeplaymusic.com

Might I suggest some WHAM!.....

Ray Finkle
08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
good job.....the only voice that didn't match up with the person was Montrose, I was way off on what I thought you would sound like.

Taco John
08-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I expect to have a forum open for this soon, as well as an intro, a feed, iTunes distribution, and the works. We're in "beta" mode right now, so the focus is on the routine and getting the mechanics of the show down first. Please be patient as we ramp this thing up.

TheReverend
08-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Also, might I suggest that one of you adopts bronco militia's catch phrase because of it's sheer awesomeness: (pow pow!)

Hogan11
08-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I expect to have a forum open for this soon, as well as an intro, a feed, iTunes distribution, and the works. We're in "beta" mode right now, so the focus is on the routine and getting the mechanics of the show down first. Please be patient as we ramp this thing up.

Neither you nor Kaylore sound anything like you do IRL....that took me back more than all the "um's" did. Good stuff anyways.

Mediator12
08-18-2011, 08:11 AM
OK, finally listened to this. Nice work fellas!

Some hints with the um's:

Warm up talking to each other for 5-10 Minutes so you do not come out of the gate cold and talking too fast. Try to script the first three questions and read them slowly to set the right pace and the right tone.

Purposely call on the next to speak. You did it several times and it cut out the um's and it flows better overall.

Some notes I had from the discussion:

1. Defense was extremely aggressive in scheme and oriented to the strong side in run gaps and coverage rolls. They blitzed at least 40% of the time and were not that distinct with what down they were bringing pressures. This is the preseason, and that means it is going to be a much more base pressure system than a CAR type zone coverage scheme IMHO. It was a LOT of Greg Williams system and very little CAR defense.

2. Raj's point on tackling. Tackling is a function of 4 things at this level: One, lack of practice in offseason and TC. Two, Missed Assignments (MA's) causing poor angles and slow recovery time mentally. Three, Technique, technique, technique. And most importantly four, the will to do it right.

3. Screen's. The screen's are bad because the DL are overcommited to their gaps and not making quick reads on the helmet's of the OL when they switch from pass block to downfield. The DL are so poor not becasue they lack Physical talent, but because they lack the mental ability to apply what they know to execute the plays.

4. Scheme to cover the weaknesses of defense. Great points here. You can scheme for a little while to cover your weakness, but teams will see it by week 6 or so. Eventually, teams will find ways to exploit it and your talent will have to get better or you will wilt away at the end of the year like DEN has done for the last 8-9 years.....

5. You want a consistent defense, not a scrappy one. Scrappy means you have to clean up MA's and cover a bunch of mistakes. This team needs to be disciplined and assignment sound. Otherwise, they are going to set more records for futility.

6. Tebow's accuracy. I would say he is much more inconsistent, than inaccurate. When he is technically sound he throws a very nice ball. He is still trying to get better in his technique, which to me is still a major reason for optimism with his work ethic. Most players I would already have said they are done, but he does have a rare ability to want to get better that all NFL stars share. It is fair to say he can be unsuccesful throwing the ball right now, but 6-7 in his first preseason game is a very nice start IMHO.

7. The Orton audible. I liked it. It did not work this time, but I still liked it. You want throw on first down in the red zone when you get one on one. It was there, it just was not cleanly executed by Orton or Lloyd. Hopefully, it will be by week one. I think that could be WHERE Orton will be more effective in the red zone personally.

8. The DL was not good. They did their jobs OK when they were able to crash or get one on one with a heavy blitz, but they were really ineffective against a second team OL in reality or worse all game long. Add in the injuries, and count me scared to death of how they will stop the run OR rush the passer without major exposure to the backend like the Middle screen 78 yard TD.

slick7
08-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Long time troll, first time listener to the podcast.

Nice job guys.

worm
08-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Great stuff as always Med. I know who the first guest speaker should be guys.

Thx for the podcasts. The next evolution of the Mane is here.

OABB
08-18-2011, 08:33 AM
tj, the invite you sent me to be on the show must have been lost.

Inkana7
08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Nice work guys

Maximus
08-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Wow! OM has a podcast now... I'll have to listen when I get time and give you an honest critique!

El Guapo
08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Last time the link directed to a site where you could download the podcast; this time it starts playing automatically. I'd like to transfer it over to my android. Tips?

g00fyfoot
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the effort, guys. I was just recently thinking that one of these Broncos blogs that I read should do a podcast or whatever. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking about that. Very cool and looking forward to more of these in the future.

Taco John
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Last time the link directed to a site where you could download the podcast; this time it starts playing automatically. I'd like to transfer it over to my android. Tips?

right click the link and "save link as..."

El Guapo
08-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Duh;brain fart. Thanks.

Chris
08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Duh;brain fart. Thanks.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/vanessa68_2009/Macros%20and%20gifs/shakehead.gif

El Guapo
08-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Haha. Working my way through the wire season 3. Good stuff.