PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate's training camp report of 8/16/11

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Hello from training camp. Full report coming later. Tebow out throwing early through.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Hello from training camp. Full report coming later. Tebow out throwing early through.

broncogary
08-16-2011, 08:12 AM

Hey, we need constant updates. :sunshine:

broncos-rock
08-16-2011, 08:32 AM

I heard that Elway was working with him yesterday. I like the fact Elway is going to be hands on!

LRtagger
08-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I heard that Elway was working with him yesterday. I like the fact Elway is going to be hands on!

Can't be. I heard Elway already gave up on Tebow and is ready for Luck. I heard he pasted Stanford S's all over Tebow's locker.

supermanhr9
08-16-2011, 08:51 AM

That would be awesome.

Smiling Assassin27
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Was this from the light rail or from Shotgun Willie's? ;)

LRtagger
08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15442993/tebow-puts-in-the-hard-work-but-will-it-pay-off/rss

OABB
08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
got to love tebow.

baja
08-16-2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15442993/tebow-puts-in-the-hard-work-but-will-it-pay-off/rss

How can you not respect an attitude like that?

broncogary
08-16-2011, 11:14 AM

I was just kidding when I said we need constant updates. What I meant to say was we need no updates.:vermeil:

Chris
08-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Methinks they don't allow hobos with shotguns at practice.....

Rabb
08-16-2011, 11:25 AM
awesome updates!

Pontius Pirate
08-16-2011, 11:27 AM
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/08/tebow.jpg

jhns
08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I just googled "denver post broncos", and the Denver Post description on google is, "Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow news, scores, roster...".

alkemical
08-16-2011, 11:33 AM
How can you not respect an attitude like that?

America likes the underdog until they become too successful. Then, it's hate.

TailgateNut
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/08/tebow.jpg

This is what I mean when I refer to Tebonites. Just over the top retards.

OABB
08-16-2011, 11:37 AM

ant1999e
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Talk about premature ejaculation.

Boobs McGee
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I lol'd at that pic...FOOTBALL JESUS BABY!!!!! And, I got TD to sign my hat which is the same one homeboy in the front has on backwards

TailgateNut
08-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Did i hurt your feeewings internet champion?:spit:

OABB
08-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Did i hurt your feeewings internet champion?:spit:

no. I just like pointing out what a huge vagina you are. I literally live for it now. The belt is immaterial-but pointing out biased vagina faces, I do that just for fun.

vagina face.

LRtagger
08-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Needs more camp coverage

ROLL CALL
After practice, Head Coach John Fox announced that the team waived linebacker A.J. Jones yesterday and released running back LenDale White this morning. Ty Warren did not practice due to a triceps strain, Marcus Thomas did not practice with a pectoral sprain, Demaryius Thomas continued to sit out with an Achilles injury, Richard Quinn sat out with a knee injury, Stanley Daniels was out with an ankle injury and Syd’Quan Thompson was still out with a groin injury.
Ronnell Brown and Eric Decker did not finish practice. Decker left due to a foot injury.
We’ll have more on the injuries and transactions in today’s top story, coming shortly on DenverBroncos.com.
LINE ‘EM UP
The starting defensive tackles Tuesday were Kevin Vickerson and Brodrick Bunkley.

Behind the starting corps of D.J. Williams, Joe Mays and Von Miller, the second-string linebackers are Mario Haggan, Nate Irving and Wesley Woodyard.
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_linebackers.jpg
DRILLS
Two of the more interesting drills of the day were essentially the reverse of the team sessions we’re used to seeing. Instead of the offense being down a score, the unit was up and had to run the clock out with 1:54 remaining. The defense had one timeout.
First up was Kyle Orton. After two running plays, the quarterback found Eric Decker on a screen pass for a big first down, allowing the clock to run and giving Orton the opportunity to take a knee in the victory formation to seal the “win.”
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_orton.jpg
Next was Tim Tebow. On the very first play, Brandon Minor found a big hole in the line and picked up a first down. The defense called a timeout, but Tebow was still able to take three consecutive kneel-downs to seal the win for the second-team offense, as well.
After Tebow’s rep, Orton went back in for another situational drill — fourth-and-10, up a score, with four seconds left. Essentially the goal seemed to be to secure the snap, drop back and heave the ball high and out of bounds down the field to run the clock out. Tebow ran the same drill right after.
PLAYMAKERS
Eddie Royal had two long touchdowns from Kyle Orton during 7-on-7s — one was a long bomb in the air, the other came after the catch due to a nice move to get past Kyle McCarthy.
Elvis Dumervil got past Orlando Franklin on the very first play of a team drill for a sack on Orton.
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_foxdumervil.jpg
The next play was a handoff to Knowshon Moreno, who found a hole in the line for a big gain. “Nice! Nice!” Orton yelled afterward.
Moreno had another big run during team drills, weaving his way through traffic to pick up substantial yardage.
The defense had its fair share of big plays during team drills, as Von Miller burst into the backfield to wrap up Willis McGahee, Derrick Harvey busted through the line to wrap up Lane Ball and Kevin Vickerson came on a late rush unblocked to sack Orton and later wrapped up Willis McGahee in the backfield in a red-zone drill.
The offense had some answers, however, especially in the red zone. Royal scored on a screen pass from Orton, Dan Gronkowski caught a pass in the middle of the end zone from Orton and D’Andre Goodwin got his hands on a touchdown from Adam Weber.
Brian Dawkins made his presence felt throughout team drills. After he nearly had a pick — Cassius Vaughn dove to break up the pass just before it seemingly would’ve sailed into Dawkins’ hands — he broke up the very next play by diving toward the ball. Later in the same red zone drill, he ran down Moreno as the running back was trying to turn the corner, tackling him out of bounds short of the end zone, much to the delight of his defensive teammates.
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_dawkins.jpg
After Ryan McBean looked to have a sack on Brady Quinn, the play was allowed to continue, and under pressure the quarterback fired a pass to the end zone that was intercepted by Perrish Cox.
Jeremy Jarmon found his way into the backfield for a sack on Tebow. When he got back to the sideline, he was greeted with a high-five from Bunkley.
Thanks to a big block by fullback Austin Sylvester, Brandon Minor was able to find room for a long run during team drills.
Orton made a sliding catch of a pass thrown by Quinn. That’s receiver Greg Orton, of course.
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_bailey.jpg
QUICK HITS
During a tackling drill near the sideline, Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen told the linebackers, “Don’t let him go out of bounds — make him pay the toll!”
David Anderson, taking his reps as punt returner, turned to the sideline and joked, “Come on, Champ, you’re returning punts this year.” The Pro Bowl cornerback smiled back at him.
During two-on-two drills between the offensive and defensive lines, the first-string O-line held its ground, but that didn’t stop Dumervil from talking a little trash, especially to the right side of the line as Jason Hunter fought his way into the backfield.
Royal took first-team punt return reps.
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_hunter.jpg
DAILY JUKEBOX
Led Zeppelin: “Kashmir”
Foster the People: “Pumped Up Kicks”
The Black Keys: “Everlasting Light”
The team is back on the field tonight for a closed walkthrough practice. The next practice open to the public is tomorrow afternoon from 2:20 to 5 p.m.
Below are a couple more photos from Tuesday’s morning session.
-Gray Caldwell

http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_miller.jpg
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/11_Blogs/110816_blog_ortonlloyd.jpg

Beantown Bronco
08-16-2011, 11:58 AM
I just googled "denver post broncos", and the Denver Post description on google is, "Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow news, scores, roster...".

That can't be right. I'm pretty sure "Tim Tebow" should appear before "Denver Broncos", not after.

CEH
08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Nate Irving running 2nd team? Sounds like it.

TailgateNut
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
no. I just like pointing out what a huge vagina you are. I literally live for it now. The belt is immaterial-but pointing out biased vagina faces, I do that just for fun.

vagina face.

Immaterial??? How could such a prestigious award be immaterial? You have to have some sort of accomplishment/title in your life, 'cause aside from that AWARD, you're just another loser who loves to cradle TimBoys nuts.

OABB
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Immaterial??? How could such a prestigious award be immaterial? You have to have some sort of accomplishment/title in your life, 'cause aside from that AWARD, you're just another loser who loves to cradle TimBoys nuts.

Agamemnon
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Can't be. I heard Elway already gave up on Tebow and is ready for Luck. I heard he pasted Stanford S's all over Tebow's locker.

Maybe someone finally told him that we aren't likely to pick #1. ???

TailgateNut
08-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Maybe someone finally told him that we aren't likely to pick #1. ???

...and Johnny is trying to advance his talents enough to not get cut by the deadline.:wiggle:

Lestat
08-16-2011, 12:15 PM
hmm sounds pretty good. hopefully Tebow continues to improve. we need him to justify the 1st round selection.

snowspot66
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM

Your dislike of Tebow has gone so far you've become the guy that can't recognize or laugh at obvious jokes.

theAPAOps5
08-16-2011, 01:10 PM

Did you forget us?

Gort
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
That can't be right. I'm pretty sure "Tim Tebow" should appear before "Denver Broncos", not after.

why not just change their name now to the Denver Tebows? it's inevitable. we all know it. let's just get it done! somebody remember to wake up Bowlen and tell him afterwards though.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 01:31 PM
D-line: In general its hard to see who did well on an individual bases. The tackles played well. For the most part the pressure came from the middle and gave up a few sacks. At least 1 of these sacks was not a coverage sack. Couldn't tell if it was the 1st string or the 2nd string.

Linebacker: I don't know why everybody is down on Mays. He played well dropping back into zone and knocked down a pass to a back out of the back field. Also had a nice stops on run plays up the middle. Von Miller also had a good run stop.

Front 7: The front 7 played the run well. However, it was inconsistent. They would stuff the run on a couple of downs then give up a 10-15 yard run. Don't know it this inconsistency is because the lack of practise or a hole in the scheme.

Corners: Orton threw a pick to Goodman during red zone drills. Couldn't tell if it was a bad read or if the receive slipped. Champ kicked inside on Nickel and Vaughn came in. With all these cuts I don't know way Nate is still on this team. This guy couldn't cover a ham sandwich from a hungry little girl. On 3rd string, on 3rd and 7, he gave up a 12 yard.

Safeties: Moore played on both 1st and 2ns string. Getting a lot of coaching and is making a lot of field calls. Also Kyle McCarthy picked off Quinn in the endzone. However, McCarthy did let Royal beat him on a seam route down the middle for a TD.

Back 7: DB's played well. Couple of times though when the offense went spread with base personal, a linebacker was one-on-one with a RB. If I saw that on the field, I'm throwing in that direction every time. Just sayin'

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Did you forget us?

Didn't see you out there. Where were you sitting? I was on the near 40 yard line right on the boarder of the VIP seating.

tsiguy96
08-16-2011, 01:48 PM
im pretty positive any pressure up the middle isnt because of the quality dline...

TheReverend
08-16-2011, 01:59 PM
1. Congrats to Nate Irving making moves!
2. LOVE Allen's "make em pay the toll" attitude. Every ball carrier has had days where they're getting rocked so hard they just don't want to even take the carry/make the catch anymore.
3. We need Vaughn's camp success to translate into season success badly.
4. I can't envision the team didn't get lulled to sleep during "Pumped up Kicks"
5. LOVE how low Von Miller is in that picture. Jesus that's gravity defying.
6. Love you LRtagger

OBF1
08-16-2011, 03:36 PM
More on Tebow please :)

bronco militia
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
why not just change their name now to the Denver Tebows? it's inevitable. we all know it. let's just get it done! somebody remember to wake up Bowlen and tell him afterwards though.

sweet ....The Denver Elways were fun to watch...

Jay3
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM

Wrong. It's the Tebow Tebows.

PRBronco
08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
D-line: In general its hard to see who did well on an individual bases. The tackles played well. For the most part the pressure came from the middle and gave up a few sacks. At least 1 of these sacks was not a coverage sack. Couldn't tell if it was the 1st string or the 2nd string.

Linebacker: I don't know why everybody is down on Mays. He played well dropping back into zone and knocked down a pass to a back out of the back field. Also had a nice stops on run plays up the middle. Von Miller also had a good run stop.

Front 7: The front 7 played the run well. However, it was inconsistent. They would stuff the run on a couple of downs then give up a 10-15 yard run. Don't know it this inconsistency is because the lack of practise or a hole in the scheme.

Corners: Orton threw a pick to Goodman during red zone drills. Couldn't tell if it was a bad read or if the receive slipped. Champ kicked inside on Nickel and Vaughn came in. With all these cuts I don't know way Nate is still on this team. This guy couldn't cover a ham sandwich from a hungry little girl. On 3rd string, on 3rd and 7, he gave up a 12 yard.

Safeties: Moore played on both 1st and 2ns string. Getting a lot of coaching and is making a lot of field calls. Also Kyle McCarthy picked off Quinn in the endzone. However, McCarthy did let Royal beat him on a seam route down the middle for a TD.

Back 7: DB's played well. Couple of times though when the offense went spread with base personal, a linebacker was one-on-one with a RB. If I saw that on the field, I'm throwing in that direction every time. Just sayin'

^5 I appreciate the report, sorry your thread got ruined by yahoos :(

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 04:14 PM
O-line: O-line was inconsistent letting d-linemen into the backfield then opening holes for gains. Franklin and Clady where stretching right night to me. Franklin for some reason reminds me of Andre the Giant from the "Princess Bride". I'm not too worried about the starters. My biggest worry is the back-up. Just like the Pre-season game they proformed poorly. While stretching Kuper did receive extra coaching from Coach Fox. Could hear what he was talking about.

Running backs: Breaking news: Lendale White cut. I thought why I didn't see Lendale out there today. Moreno had a good day catch out of the backfield, he didn't run it much. Minor and Johnson got a few carries. Johnson showed the best vision of the bunch.

TE: We have a lot of people here. Thomas and Green didn't make any catches. Gronkowski made two catches. What does mean? Nothing. There will be an odd man out. But nobody hurt there case today.

WR: Lloyd had a great practise. Caught everything that was thorwn his way. Royal had the play of the day. Ran a Hitch and go beat McCarthy down the middle of the field and caught a TD in the back of the endZone. Decker lines up in the 3 WR sets. He's going to make a great slot guy. After the top 3 there is everybody else. Note: IMHO, Royal is going to love playing in this offense.

QB: I saved this for last. Yes Orton and Quinn both threw INT's this practise. Its hard not to pick a side, but everything I know about QB's tells me that Tebow is far from being a polished QB. He needs to be able to make the reads beyond the first two options. His mechanics are way off. One of his throws looked like a dying duck on a roll out drills. He needs to learn to be more of a scrambler than a runner. He needs to know where that line of scrimmage and keep that throw option to the second. He needs to plant his feet point and throw through his waist. Watching him throw was like watching a hammer in action. He needs to be more like a whip and snap that ball out of there. I was listening to the "Dave Logan" show and he was talking to Dave Kreiger aruging the choice of Orton vs. Tebow was aruging going 8-8 vs. 6-10. If those are the choices I say lets go 6-10 and see how Tebow can grow in the NFL. This was talked about in the Orangemane podcast. Elway himself said that "You learn so much more as QB playing than sitting on the sidelines." We need to cut Weber to get Tebow more snaps, start Orton until the trade deadline then play, then start Tebow for the rest of the year.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
^5 I appreciate the report, sorry your thread got ruined by yahoos :(

Yeah, we have a few hijacker here. Oh well. :(

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-16-2011, 04:16 PM
A few Rep point wouldn't hurt. :(

McDman
08-16-2011, 04:21 PM
A few Rep point wouldn't hurt. :(

Rep whore.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun