PDA

View Full Version : McBath cost the Broncos the game

Boomhauer
08-15-2011, 11:40 PM
One play, one bonehead play from FS-scrub McBath cost the Broncos 7 points - technically 6 plus a PA - and the game. He's always been a bust and having him on the field against the Cowboys is the difference between winning and losing. He should be bumped to 3rd string/SP-Ts until cut.

Dwayne Harris' 76yrd touchdown run is a direct result of a completely blown play by McBath. http://youtu.be/jRM1HTxHon8 On 3rd-6 against a 3receiver set the Broncos blitz 3, leaving safeties Carter and McBath to shut down the zone vacated by the LB. While Carter could have been quicker recognizing the TE/Slot route and the safeties should have been pressing the zone instead of keeping back, Carter did his job engaging the TE, positioning outside to stop a cutback and force Harris either to McBath in the middle of the field or take an angle to the opposite sideline. If you can't make the tackle, at least funnel him to your team mate and that's what Carter did.

But McBath abandoned his position in the middle and inexplicably took an angle outside of Carter, even though the play went inside. Falling down didn't help either, but once Harris caught the ball and realized there was only grass and two covered CBs between him and the endzone, McBath was too far out of position and too slow to do anything even if he hadn't lost his feet.

Poor positioning, no recognition of play, abandoning his zone, taking a route away from the play, losing his footing trying to do a 180 once burned ----- That's 7points and the game lost squarely on McBath and, just like last year, him proving he shouldn't be in the UFL, let alone the NFL. Cut his dumb az.

Ratboy
08-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll take him over Nate Jones.

Doggcow
08-15-2011, 11:50 PM
I start him in Madden.

That's how awesome Madden is.

Ratboy
08-15-2011, 11:50 PM
and did McBath sleep with your wife/girlfriend?

Tons of hate a bad play by all.

Doggcow
08-15-2011, 11:51 PM
and did McBath sleep with your wife/girlfriend?

He wishes.

Boomhauer
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll take him over Nate Jones.

Jones or McBath? As far as the biggest loser, that's a tough one, so cut 'em both ASAP.
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/5/31/129198216296607401.jpg

ZONA
08-16-2011, 01:14 AM
McBath has had a few years now to show something and the only thing he has shown is he deserved to be drafted where he was drafted and is nothing special. Makes some good plays here and there but isn't the idea to have good players on your roster, not mediocre? I don't see him on an NFL roster within the next few years.

UberBroncoMan
08-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Sucks too because he had a lot of promise coming out of college. His injuries each year haven't helped his development.

cutthemdown
08-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Mcbath stinks.

The Joker
08-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Shame he's had such issues with injuries, thought he looked very promising as a rookie especially in that game at San Diego.

But he's had so little game time these two years it's hard to expect him to ever do much at this point. Pity.

Still time to turn it around if he can just stay healthy, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see him cut in the next month with us drafting two safeties this year, McCarthy seemingly doing well and Bruton being a quality ST player.

Aftermath
08-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Cut him, but dont cut yourself over it.

RhymesayersDU
08-16-2011, 05:12 AM
I'm glad that we're determining who has a job and who doesn't by 1 singular play. Because nobody else has ever made a bad play in the NFL.

Don't be mistaken; I'm not saying McBath is good or anything special. But to base his worth off one play is pretty ridiculous.

Drek
08-16-2011, 05:43 AM
I'm glad that we're determining who has a job and who doesn't by 1 singular play. Because nobody else has ever made a bad play in the NFL.

Don't be mistaken; I'm not saying McBath is good or anything special. But to base his worth off one play is pretty ridiculous.

This is the same guy who said we should be starting Mohammed over Mays, largely based on one bad play by Mays.

Then the next day John Fox does an interview and raves about how Mays has been playing.

I'm not sure you can fit the grain of salt needed for Boomhauer's takes on any single contiguous landmass you'll find on Earth.

Its early, the coverage schemes have been significantly overhauled by a real secondary minded DC for the first time in years, and McBath has had a shortage of on-field play. Not surprising he'd make some mistakes. If he's still doing them come week 4 of pre-season then it starts to become cause for concern.

Rahim Moore blew his assignment allowing a considerable run to Felix Jones with the first teamers if I recall, should we cut him too?

strafen
08-16-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm pissed too.
I there it went all my hopes for undefeated pre-season! :charge:

Mediator12
08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
That is an overly harsh judgement. It was another 6 man blitz package and the cowboys essentially set up a middle screen to counter the blitz. Carter had the TE and got hammered and McBath had the Slot WR.

The biggest problem on this is the spacing between the safeties and the switch responsibilities. Without knowing the specific adjustment on a middle screen, you have no idea who was at fault. However, the playcall was superb from Garret. It was the PERFECT play with that blitz and the high risk of a heavy man blitz reared its ugly head.

I am not sure WHY you are assuming McBath blew the play either. He took the outside of the play and Carter got hooked on taking the inside away. If they blew the play, then both of them blew the play, making them both culpable.

DENVERDUI55
08-16-2011, 07:03 AM
No superbly trophy now.

cmhargrove
08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
I didn't take time to try to identify formations and coverage, but I think McBath also cost us another TD against the Cowboys. I think we blamed one on Jones (I think it was Jones playing RCB on that play), but his man came back across the field (in the end zone) and I think he was supposed to get Safety help on the crossing route. You can even see the corner (Jones?) pointing and yelling to McBath as he is chasing his man all the way across the end zone. I'm pretty sure he expected to hand the receiver off to McBath when he crossed midfield.

2 TD's.

Kaylore
08-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I didn't take time to try to identify formations and coverage, but I think McBath also cost us another TD against the Cowboys. I think we blamed one on Jones (I think it was Jones playing RCB on that play), but his man came back across the field (in the end zone) and I think he was supposed to get Safety help on the crossing route. You can even see the corner (Jones?) pointing and yelling to McBath as he is chasing his man all the way across the end zone. I'm pretty sure he expected to hand the receiver off to McBath when he crossed midfield.

2 TD's.

I saw that play. I thought it was Jones too but McBath let the receiver go past him without even looking.

cmhargrove
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
I saw that play. I thought it was Jones too but McBath let the receiver go past him without even looking.

If I remember correctly, the receiver actually used a stationary McBath to "rub" the corner.

RaiderH8r
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
This year's Willie Middlebrooks Award for Outstanding Suckage by a DB goes to.....

Pick Six
08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Mcbath stinks.

McBath needs a bath? :yayaya:

Mogulseeker
08-16-2011, 10:54 AM
McBath has shown promise, and we need depth at DB. I'd be pissed if we cut him.

Requiem
08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Keep David Bruton!

teknic
08-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Keep David Bruton!

Keep Bruton, but for the sole purpose of playing ST.

I don't want to see him getting juked by fullbacks again.

errand
08-16-2011, 11:08 AM

Exactly... If we cut everyone who makes a mistake in a game we won't have anyone on the team.....
. and that includes tim tebow... champ bailey..... kyle orton....etc

Tombstone RJ
08-16-2011, 11:15 AM
one has to wonder where McBath was initially going on that play, it's like he was heading into the largest open area on field (perhaps he just needed some space?) and then when he realized the play was going inside he turned and slipped.

Mediator12
08-16-2011, 12:37 PM

2 TD's.

That depends on the actual coverage being played. It sure looked like man under, and that is part of the weakness of playing that coverage. Not sure what McBath was doing there. I will watch that again tonight.

cutthemdown
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Whenever I see Mcbath it seems like he is flailing away. We have to hope Moore and Dawkins can get it done.

errand
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I like all these guys that think that they know exactly what happens when all you can see on your frickin tv is the same thing everybody else sees... like the cameraman all you can do is follow the ball you cannot see the entire field I don't care how big your big screen tv is
..... you clowns act like you got access to the same type of media and video that the coaches have..... not to mention you don't even know what the play call was...lol

Tombstone RJ
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I like all these guys that think that they know exactly what happens when all you can see on your frickin tv is the same thing everybody else sees... like the cameraman all you can do is follow the ball you cannot see the entire field I don't care how big your big screen tv is
..... you clowns act like you got access to the same type of media and video that the coaches have..... not to mention you don't even know what the play call was...lol

You're right, we can't see what McBath saw, and we don't know what the defensive play call was, or what McBath was supposed to do. All we have is the tape. For all we know the defensive play was designed for McBath to completely whiff on the play and for Dallas to turn a dumpoff over the middle into a 76 yard long TD. Right you are sir!

errand
08-16-2011, 06:37 PM
You're right, we can't see what McBath saw, and we don't know what the defensive play call was, or what McBath was supposed to do. All we have is the tape. For all we know the defensive play was designed for McBath to completely whiff on the play and for Dallas to turn a dumpoff over the middle into a 76 yard long TD. Right you are sir!

You don't know ****, and neither do I...bottom line...which is why you and I don't coach NFL for a living. You don't know what the assignment was, or who ****ed it up....you just saw the last guy chasing him to the end zone and made ****ing assumptions....

Chris
08-16-2011, 06:40 PM
You don't know ****, and neither do I...bottom line...which is why you and I don't coach NFL for a living. You don't know what the assignment was, or who ****ed it up....you just saw the last guy chasing him to the end zone and made ****ing assumptions....

Chill out man tebow.

errand
08-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm just saying that nobody outside of McBath, the other guy and the coaching staff knows what happened...so why does everyone on here act like they know when the fact is the don't know ****.

I get just tired of posters acting like they're sitting in the boxes with the coordinators and in the meeting rooms during the positional meetings....when we all know that not only can't they see or possibly know ****, half the time their half drunk when the **** happens....

If they knew so much and could "break it all down" like they act like they can, the Broncos would be direct depositing a little cash in their accounts..bottom line is they don't know ****...

Boomhauer
08-16-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm just saying that nobody outside of McBath, the other guy and the coaching staff knows what happened...so why does everyone on here act like they know when the fact is the don't know ****...etc...

We get your point - You don't know tihs and can't understand how anyone else could.
Now quick cussin' and go home to get your diaper changed. Take the she-troll Drek with you too.

Boomhauer
08-17-2011, 12:03 AM
...I am not sure WHY you are assuming McBath blew the play either. He took the outside of the play and Carter got hooked on taking the inside away. If they blew the play, then both of them blew the play, making them both culpable.

Because McBath did blow the play, just like he did all last year. Secondly, that's completely incorrect.

RhymesayersDU
08-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Because McBath did blow the play, just like he did all last year. Secondly, that's completely incorrect.

Wow, underline and bold. Your text editing skills are at the expert level, and they enhance your point greatly.

cmhargrove
08-17-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm just saying that nobody outside of McBath, the other guy and the coaching staff knows what happened...so why does everyone on here act like they know when the fact is the don't know ****.

I get just tired of posters acting like they're sitting in the boxes with the coordinators and in the meeting rooms during the positional meetings....when we all know that not only can't they see or possibly know ****, half the time their half drunk when the **** happens....

If they knew so much and could "break it all down" like they act like they can, the Broncos would be direct depositing a little cash in their accounts..bottom line is they don't know ****...

Try some decaf errand. The anger really gets you nowhere, and it just alienates you from the group having the discussion.

Although football looks crazy once the ball is snapped, each man's role is clearly defined by his coach. Basic coverages and assignments can usually be determined by offensive formation, then defensive alignment (if not that, than the reaction of his defensive teammates at the snap). It's usually not too difficult to determine assignments for a trained eye. I can surely analyze some plays, where a guy like Med can understand many, many more assignments.

If you stop yelling, you might learn something that would help you enjoy and understand the game a little better - you don't have to feel threatened.

Gort
08-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Try some decaf errand. The anger really gets you nowhere, and it just alienates you from the group having the discussion.

Errand doesn't want you to call him Francis. if you do, he'll kill you. and he doesn't like people touching his stuff. if he catches any of you guys in his stuff, he'll kill you. also, he doesn't like anyone touching him. if any of you homos touch him, he'll kill you.

cutthemdown
08-17-2011, 06:12 AM

Actually some of us know the game well enough to see when someone took a bad angle. Then we also know that things like taking the right angle, being able to get through traffic, and get to the ball etc are things good football players do.

Requiem
08-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Another Boomhauer fail.

2KBack
08-17-2011, 06:56 AM

McBath only played in 7 games last year....and sparingly at best

bowtown
08-17-2011, 06:58 AM

You do realize he only played in like 7 games last year and in 2 of them got hurt early. So really by all last year, you mean as a backup in 5 games last year.

Mediator12
08-17-2011, 07:06 AM

What were the playcalls there boomhauer? What were the assignments? What was McBath' responsibility? Answer that and you just might get to thump your chest. Otherwise, your high school playing days are not going to impress anyone here.