PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs first round pick struggling.

Pages : 1 [2]

crawdad
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
"I'll take 'Things You'll Never Hear a Woman Say' For $1000, Alex"

Rep! Great comeback!

theAPAOps5
08-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Damn that guy could very well be the Chiefs version of Brandon Marshall. Just not nearly as talented on the field.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Keary Colbert finna rip up this league yall

08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

boppool
08-19-2011, 12:19 PM
You were right about him, Bobo... He Is like Brandon Marshall... without actual talent.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5380/lmao.jpg

08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zPQlerYtk6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bendog
08-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't like BM, but I don't recall him effing with his team mates with the Broncos. He was a media whore with off the field issues, and he seemed to get a rush out of effing with the coaches. I admit I enjoyed how he seemed to drive McD into fits.

And not that DT's a bad guy, but this maybe karma for McD making that draft pick

_Oro_
08-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't like BM, but I don't recall him effing with his team mates with the Broncos. He was a media whore with off the field issues, and he seemed to get a rush out of effing with the coaches. I admit I enjoyed how he seemed to drive McD into fits.

And not that DT's a bad guy, but this maybe karma for McD making that draft pick

I remember Ty Law being pissed at him...

gyldenlove
08-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I remember Ty Law being pissed at him...

Do you remember when Ty Law was a productive member of the Broncos? yeah, me neither.

Powderaddict
08-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Do you remember when Ty Law was a productive member of the Broncos? yeah, me neither.

So it's ok to be a poor teammate to the non-productive teammates?

bendog
08-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I think the pt, which you obviously missed, is that BM got on the field and produced. If ty law didn't like, BFD! When he did the hold out, the other players were "yeah, well BM does his thing, and it's biz, but hopefully he'll be back soon."

The chief guy sounds like Larry Johnson II.

BMF Bronco
08-19-2011, 12:46 PM

RO-Mo!! ROOOOOOOOOOOO-MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

bendog
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
RO-Mo!! ROOOOOOOOOOOO-MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

yeah, I never liked the guy, but he had a few good years. And he did stand up in a team meeting and apologize, and then Elway told the team that they needed to play through it. Guy was a roiding racist, but ... there are a lot of aholes. I have a pin that reads "yes, I like working with assholes." I don't wear it at the office. (-:

BMF Bronco
08-19-2011, 12:51 PM
yeah, I never liked the guy, but he had a few good years. And he did stand up in a team meeting and apologize, and then Elway told the team that they needed to play through it. Guy was a roiding racist, but ... there are a lot of aholes. I have a pin that reads "yes, I like working with a-holes." I don't wear it at the office. (-:

I am just glad he went over the edge (more than usual) when he was with the faiders.

Bronco Boy
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I guess Baldwin's character issues going into the draft were blown out of proportion...or not.

gyldenlove
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
So it's ok to be a poor teammate to the non-productive teammates?

The same way I don't consider it being a bad team mate to beat up your girlfriend, I don't consider it being a bad team mate if you tell some random asshole he should retire. To be a bad teammate you have to do something to a teammate, hence the term bad teammate, and I don't think there was ever a time when Ty Law was an actual member of the team in anything more than name.

bendog
08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
There are unpleasant people in any locker room or job site. They're only bad teammates when their conduct is detrimental to the team as a whole. For all anyone knows, Ty Law didn't like BM becuase BM punked him in practices.

08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
BALDWIN...GET BETTER

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ebSYPnllFx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
It takes a special type of loser to pick a fight in your own locker room....

....as a rookie....

....in preseason....

....with someone who plays on the same unit as you....

....with a team favorite....

.....while injuring your hand, preventing you from practicing.

Ha!

Ugly Duck
08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Chiefs first round pick struggling

THIS GUY HAS BUST WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM!

Oh yeah? Well you would struggle too if you hand a broken bone in your hand!

08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
The word now is that Thomas Jones may have started this.

He has a history of locker room fights.

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
The word now is that Thomas Jones may have started this.

He has a history of locker room fights.

Of course HE'S the problem...

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
"Anyone saying that Jon Baldwin's fight with Jones was based on anything other than Baldwin being a punk is lying, and trying to change story"

some sports radio host in KC

"“He’s as advertised,” a source tells Wright. “Diva, spoiled, doesn’t wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn’t wanna work.”"
PFT:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/report-jonathan-baldwin-hurts-wrist-in-locker-room-fight/

SimonFletcher73
08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe Marcus Nash could mentor him?

08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/1097551.html

In talking to some people close to the University of Pittsburgh football program on Friday, I discovered a few different takes on Baldwin and some of those rumors.

I was told that Baldwin wasn’t a locker room distraction as was portrayed in various pre-draft reports about his character. The person we spoke with, who wanted to stay anonymous, said that Baldwin was a gym rat who worked hard to maintain his body. And further, that he never gave less than 110% when he was on the field.

Yes we were told that he has a confidence that can come off as arrogant. But what NFL player, doesn’t have that charm.

So what really happened? Why did Baldwin go off on Jones?

Per an NFL source, Baldwin since training camp began in St. Joseph had been ridden hard by Head Coach Todd Haley, who champions his coaching philosophy to his mentor, Bill Parcells. So the hazing a head coach can bring down on a player, is hardly a shocker.

After all, Haley did the same thing to All Pro Wide Receiver, Dwayne Bowe two years ago. And look at him now.

He kicked him into his doghouse and eventually it made an impact. Bowe turned around his 2010 season and was one of the most feared wide receivers in the game. And it’s been well documented that Bowe, like Baldwin, has some serious ‘Show’ in his nature.

So Haley felt that those tactics would do for Baldwin what they did for Bowe. Apparently that backfired.

From what we’ve been told, Baldwin had become increasingly agitated with the way in which he was being spoken to by the head coach. So whatever transpired on Wednesday between player and head coach, back-up running back Thomas Jones decided to get in the middle of the fire. This is nothing new for Jones who did the same thing in Chicago with fellow running back Cedric Benson.

cmhargrove
08-19-2011, 03:41 PM

In talking to some people close to the University of Pittsburgh football program on Friday, I discovered a few different takes on Baldwin and some of those rumors.

I was told that Baldwin wasn’t a locker room distraction as was portrayed in various pre-draft reports about his character. The person we spoke with, who wanted to stay anonymous, said that Baldwin was a gym rat who worked hard to maintain his body. And further, that he never gave less than 110% when he was on the field.

Yes we were told that he has a confidence that can come off as arrogant. But what NFL player, doesn’t have that charm.

Per an NFL source, Baldwin since training camp began in St. Joseph had been ridden hard by Head Coach Todd Haley, who champions his coaching philosophy to his mentor, Bill Parcells. So the hazing a head coach can bring down on a player, is hardly a shocker.

After all, Haley did the same thing to All Pro Wide Receiver, Dwayne Bowe two years ago. And look at him now.

He kicked him into his doghouse and eventually it made an impact. Bowe turned around his 2010 season and was one of the most feared wide receivers in the game. And it’s been well documented that Bowe, like Baldwin, has some serious ‘Show’ in his nature.

So Haley felt that those tactics would do for Baldwin what they did for Bowe. Apparently that backfired.

From what we’ve been told, Baldwin had become increasingly agitated with the way in which he was being spoken to by the head coach. So whatever transpired on Wednesday between player and head coach, back-up running back Thomas Jones decided to get in the middle of the fire. This is nothing new for Jones who did the same thing in Chicago with fellow running back Cedric Benson.

Go ahead Bob, polish the turd...

rmsanger
08-19-2011, 04:04 PM
guys, this = fail... Not like Demaryus has been fire for us!

Inkana7
08-19-2011, 04:08 PM
guys, this = fail... Not like Demaryus has been fire for us!

It doesn't matter.

rmsanger
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM
It doesn't matter.

does to me.. I'm tired of f'ing missing on 1st rounders, looking like we may have failed twice that year in the first round.

Steve Sewell
08-19-2011, 06:13 PM

You post this as if Nick Athan is a reputable source...ROFL

Br0nc0Buster
08-19-2011, 06:27 PM
You post this as if Nick "assclown" Athan is a reputable source...ROFL

FYP
oh apparently the assclown is reputable when it comes to defending the Chiefs immature receiver

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Wow I started this thread about his football struggles and now this. Getting in a fight with a teammate and injuring your wrist so ban you will miss the rest of the preseason is a joke. This kid has BUST written all over him.

CEH
08-19-2011, 06:45 PM
The collateral damage to Bob in this thread by Baldwin is a thing of beauty
Then to come back with the "Erroneous" one to help with damage control is beyond belief.

KCStud
08-19-2011, 06:52 PM
The story from 810 is that Haley was continually demeaning Baldwin for not succeeding in drills focused on beating the jam at the line of scrimmage. Haley continuously cursed and said demeaning things at Baldwin (he's known for this) and Baldwin started firing back in camp. The most heated moment came in the locker room when he kept firing back at Haley. Jones told him to shut up and start learning. That turned into a fight.

Is this a major concern? Yes it sure is. This doesn't mean he's going to automatically be a bust though. He has a lot to prove now and if there's a coach who can deal with him, it's Haley. He's dealt with his fare share of troubled WR's (see T.O. and Boldin).

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 06:53 PM
The collateral damage to Bob in this thread by Baldwin is a thing of beauty
Then to come back with the "Erroneous" one to help with damage control is beyond belief.

It really is funny. In the NFL a bad start can derail a whole career. Baldwin better hope he isn't pissing away the first half of the season.

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah? Well you would struggle too if you hand a broken bone in your hand!

Funny a little story about him not picking up on the offense turns into this. I'm going to start a thread about Phillip Rivers and see what happens.

Steve Sewell
08-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Funny a little story about him not picking up on the offense turns into this. I'm going to start a thread about Phillip Rivers and see what happens.

Do that, and make sure to bait Bob into posting that Phyllis will be a HoF'er.

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 07:23 PM
So I'm hearing it's a broken thumb for Baldwin not a wrist.

gyldenlove
08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
The story from 810 is that Haley was continually demeaning Baldwin for not succeeding in drills focused on beating the jam at the line of scrimmage. Haley continuously cursed and said demeaning things at Baldwin (he's known for this) and Baldwin started firing back in camp. The most heated moment came in the locker room when he kept firing back at Haley. Jones told him to shut up and start learning. That turned into a fight.

Is this a major concern? Yes it sure is. This doesn't mean he's going to automatically be a bust though. He has a lot to prove now and if there's a coach who can deal with him, it's Haley. He's dealt with his fare share of troubled WR's (see T.O. and Boldin).

Interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/baldwin-has-cracked-thumb-not-wrist/

Kevin Kietzman of 810 WHB in Kansas City reports that Baldwin actually has a cracked thumb, not a broken wrist. Kietzman also reports that the trouble started a day before the Jones-Baldwin fight, when Baldwin got into a heated exchange with running back Jamaal Charles.

The problem apparently is Baldwin; Kietzman reports that “[s]ome vets indicate they can’t stand Baldwin’s sense of entitlement.”

That doesn't jive that well with your source.

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 07:43 PM

I'm sorry, what?

Since when is Boldin a "troubled WR"?

How deep in your ass did you have to reach to pull that out?

gyldenlove
08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry, what?

Since when is Boldin a "troubled WR"?

How deep in your ass did you have to reach to pull that out?

The really interesting thing is that Haley worked with Meyshaun Johnson in New York who although he wasn't a criminal was a bit of a dick, but Anquan Boldin is a pretty model citizen.

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 07:52 PM
The really interesting thing is that Haley worked with Meyshaun Johnson in New York who although he wasn't a criminal was a bit of a dick, but Anquan Boldin is a pretty model citizen.

Yeah... model citizen AND teammate... not sure wtf is going here...

DENVERDUI55
08-19-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm still waiting for KCdud to say what we Haley developed so well

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
No way to spin this. Still it's not as bad as Thomas, our first round bust who can't even get on the friggin field. If AJ Green and Juilo Jones dont play really well it's time to start making WR 2nd round picks, not firsts.

08-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Do that, and make sure to bait Bob into posting that Phyllis will be a HoF'er.

He's already a HOFer.

Lock it up.

tsiguy96
08-19-2011, 08:11 PM
No way to spin this. Still it's not as bad as Thomas, our first round bust who can't even get on the friggin field. If AJ Green and Juilo Jones dont play really well it's time to start making WR 2nd round picks, not firsts.

pretty much no chance those guys dont play well. especially jones.

DENVERDUI55
08-19-2011, 09:48 PM
What's really not surprising is a player this bob guy is talking up and showing clips of defending him is struggling. Guy has shown zero ability to actually talk knowledgeable about players other than spew stats and gif.

08-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I'll tell you who I was right about....Jamaal Charles.

And I had Slowshon Moreno pegged before anyone on here started hating on him.

Suck on that.

Archer81
08-19-2011, 10:08 PM
If this is how the Chiefs handle just going to the playoffs imagine what happens if they ever win a playoff game...

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife...Chiefs raping everybody up in here.

:Broncos:

Archer81
08-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Suck on that.

How is Moreno or Charles relevant to the suckitude of yet another Chiefs 1st round pick?

08-19-2011, 10:19 PM
How is Moreno or Charles relevant to the suckitude of yet another Chiefs 1st round pick?

Baldwin is going to be beasting Andre Goodman this year. You'll see.

If he doesn't have at least one catch where he just embarrasses the guy I will leave the board forever.

KCStud
08-19-2011, 10:20 PM

See NFC Championship game in Arizona

Archer81
08-19-2011, 10:24 PM

If he doesn't have at least one catch where he just embarrasses the guy I will leave the board forever.

No you wont.

And I doubt Baldwin will be beasting anyone this season.

DENVERDUI55
08-19-2011, 10:27 PM

So one disagreement with a coach makes a guy a bad person? I guess Haley is a bad guy since parcels told him to shut the @uvk up and get away from him on Monday night football when he was talking to refs. Your takes are really reaching.

DENVERDUI55
08-19-2011, 10:30 PM

Suck on that.

Brodie croyle over huard for sure from your inside KCscout reports ring a bell?

08-19-2011, 10:33 PM
I never thought Croyle was a better QB than Huard...not once.

KCStud
08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
So one disagreement with a coach makes a guy a bad person? I guess Haley is a bad guy since parcels told him to shut the @uvk up and get away from him on Monday night football when he was talking to refs. Your takes are really reaching.

My takes are reaching? People who assume that players who get in arguments with their coach/teammates makes them a bust are reaching. Mark Sanchez said he wanted to fight Rex Ryan and Peyton Manning has told his teammates to STFU. Guess that makes them busts too huh?

SimonFletcher73
08-19-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/club-images/articles/03-march-2011/morris_250_3_16_11.jpg

Even Sylvester Morris probably thinks this drama is funny.

Broncobiv
08-19-2011, 11:06 PM

:pray: :welcome:

gyldenlove
08-20-2011, 10:20 AM

We are talking the game where Haley pissed away an 18 point half time lead because he stopped relying on the passing attack that had got him there and in the end needed a 4th down conversion to get back in the game? yeah Boldin was obviously wrong on that one.

gyldenlove
08-20-2011, 10:21 AM
My takes are reaching? People who assume that players who get in arguments with their coach/teammates makes them a bust are reaching. Mark Sanchez said he wanted to fight Rex Ryan and Peyton Manning has told his teammates to STFU. Guess that makes them busts too huh?

I guess that makes them troubled in your book though.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 10:23 AM

And how does that make Anquan "troubled" in any way shape or form?

Please tell.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Not even close to comparing like situations...

If rookie Peyton Manning had felt some lazy sense of entitlement and broken his hand punching Marshall Faulk, yeah, he probably would've been a Ryan Leaf-esque bust, if not more laughable.

Perry1977
08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Getcha popcorn ready!

http://web.me.com/macmanager/gif/popcorn.gif

DENVERDUI55
08-20-2011, 02:28 PM

Yeah you throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks. I never called anyone a bust that gets in a disagreement on the sideline. Quit deflecting your the one that pointed at Cardinals NFC championship game sideline argument and called Boldin TROUBLED. Am I wrong?

KCStud
08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Not even close to comparing like situations...

If rookie Peyton Manning had felt some lazy sense of entitlement and broken his hand punching Marshall Faulk, yeah, he probably would've been a Ryan Leaf-esque bust, if not more laughable.

There is nothing lazy about Baldwin. He works hard and has worked very hard at camp. It was a rumor that he has a sense of entitlement. Even if that is true, there are a ton of talented WR's who are cocky like Baldwin is said to be. Bowe, Ochocinco, Moss, Marshall, Jackson, Ward. The list goes on and on.

KCStud
08-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't see why Bronco fans are so worried about Baldwin. Your first round WR has been a bust so far and Teblow is now the 3rd QB on the depth chart :rofl:

Inkana7
08-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't see why Bronco fans are so worried about Baldwin. Your first round WR has been a bust so far and Teblow is now the 3rd QB on the depth chart :rofl:

What does that have to do with Baldwin sucking?

KCStud
08-20-2011, 07:49 PM
What does that have to do with Baldwin sucking?

This is a Bronco board correct? Funny that a KC Chief is the topic of conversation after the lockout and beginning of preseason.

GoBroncos DownUnder
08-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Getcha popcorn ready!

http://web.me.com/macmanager/gif/popcorn.gif

Pass some along...

Inkana7
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
This is a Bronco board correct? Funny that a KC Chief is the topic of conversation after the lockout and beginning of preseason.

So you're saying that no matter what, Baldwin sucks? Ok thanks.

KCStud
08-20-2011, 08:41 PM
So you're saying that no matter what, Baldwin sucks? Ok thanks.

He'll still be better than Tebow and Thomas ;D

Jetmeck
08-20-2011, 08:47 PM

We have three good QBs as it stands right now. After getting your ass handed to you in first two maybe just meybe u should get on over chef planet or whatthe****ever you call it and try to figure out a game plan versus here trolling on another teams board.

KCStud
08-20-2011, 09:43 PM
We have three good QBs as it stands right now. After getting your ass handed to you in first two maybe just meybe u should get on over chef planet or whatthe****ever you call it and try to figure out a game plan versus here trolling on another teams board.

Haha two first round busts and a starter that you tried to trade for weeks :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Peoples Champ
08-22-2011, 07:50 AM
didnt this guy get in a fight and break his wrist? anybody have the article? Great locker room chemistry going on there in KC

dizz
08-22-2011, 08:01 AM
didnt this guy get in a fight and break his wrist? anybody have the article? Great locker room chemistry going on there in KC

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d821a3ac9/article/chiefs-rookie-wr-baldwin-struggles-to-find-that-family-feeling-

I could have posted this link in the 'Todd Haley's sand in the vag' thread too

08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
According to Aaron Wilson of the Carol County Times post, Kansas City Chiefs RB and intangible machine Thomas Jones sucker-punched rookie Jonathan Baldwin in their weight-room altercation last week.

Wilson was on 610 Sports Radio this morning and claimed that Jones swung first after having a verbal argument with Baldwin. Wilson said that Baldwin had some sort of altercation with RB Jamaal Charles and that the entire incident had something to do with Baldwin taking offense to some rookie hazing.

There is a lot wrong with this whole situation. For starters, Baldwin was being kind of a baby. Rookie hazing happens, all players go through it and the best way to deal with it is to be have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Baldwin complaining about the hazing and taking it personally just made matters worse.

That being said, it Thomas Jones crazy? I can understand being upset that Baldwin was being a diva, I can understand standing up for Jamaal Charles but I can’t understand sucker-punching one of your teammates. We don’t know what it is that Baldwin said or did to prompt Jones to nail him so we can’t TOTALLY throw Jones under the bus here but there are few situations that call for punching a co-worker.

KCStud
08-24-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d821a3ac9/article/chiefs-rookie-wr-baldwin-struggles-to-find-that-family-feeling-

I could have posted this link in the 'Todd Haley's sand in the vag' thread too

The reason Baldwin doesn't feel like part of the group is because he's never had to work his ass off. Even in college he used his superior speed and size to beat DB's. Haley is being a prick to him, but his method has worked with other players like Fitzgerald, Breaston, Bowe and DJ.

As for Pioli, yes he did take a risk on Baldwin, but he's talked to everybody that knows him from college to high school, so I trust his decision. Pioli deserves a chance with Baldwin, especially considering the 2010 draft he orchestrated has the potential to be the best class in team history.

cutthemdown
08-24-2011, 07:00 PM
So Baldwin a baby, Haley a pussy, and Thomas Jones must be on HGH trying to wrest a few more NFL games out of his tired washed up body.

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Watcha gonna do when the Jonester runs wild on YOU?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3434/thomasjones01204x300.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/thomasjones01204x300.jpg/)

Rolandftw
08-24-2011, 07:49 PM

A few Chief fans, make talking KC football a priority too. So, what came first? The Bronco fans making fun of the Chiefs, or Chief fans signing up and posting about them?

It just seems like fun trash talk, but I'm new here so I could be wrong.

A little early to call Thomas a bust. I think if he can stay healthy, he'll be fine. He'll probably end up missing about 2/3 of his NFL career, if he can come back by late November.

Baldwin has character issues, but he definitely has first round talent as well. Can't say he's a bust either obviously, but it isn't exactly a welcoming sign for Chief fans.

And Tebow is a three year project. Not going to defend the pick, but it was a different regime and everything.

KCStud
08-24-2011, 11:48 PM
So Baldwin a baby, Haley a p***Y, and Thomas Jones must be on HGH trying to wrest a few more NFL games out of his tired washed up body.

Baldwin didn't take Jones' ****e. Jones punched him so he punched back.

KCStud
08-25-2011, 12:00 AM
http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5439303

I'm still laughing at all the people calling Baldwin a diva for this incident because this isn't his fault.
Thomas Jones is at fault for this, not Baldwin. Picking on a rookie countless times and then sucker punching him is classless. Baldwin broke his thumb by punching Jones in self defense.
Considering this is the 3rd time Jones has done this, it shouldn't surprise anybody. I don't blame Baldwin for his actions. If a man sucker punches you than you fight back.

Kaylore
08-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Baldwin provoked him by being a pussy.

2KBack
08-25-2011, 05:59 AM
If you break your thumb throwing a punch....then you never even learned to make a proper fist. Best not to throw one if you don't know how.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Do Chiefs fans honestly believe Larry Fitzgerald wouldn't be what he is today without the help of The Golf Coach?

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Do Chiefs fans honestly believe Larry Fitzgerald wouldn't be what he is today without the help of The Golf Coach?

Yes they do. I'm sure they say same thing about Boldin. They act like he was in AZ for years.

Rolandftw
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM
It's funny that Chief fans think that a rumor on what occurred must have been what happened.

Even if it happened like described, you don't act like people owe you respect when you're a rookie. The NFL doesn't work that way, across the board. You haven't done anything yet, and until you do shut up and do what the vets ask. Listen to what they have to say, might teach you a few things too.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Whenever I feel down about our current team drama, I pop open this thread and just spend some time reflecting and smiling.

KCStud
08-25-2011, 01:30 PM

That golf coach is the best coach in the division LOL

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 01:33 PM
That golf coach is the best coach in the division LOL

Prob true.

Rolandftw
08-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Chiefs have one of the better GM's in the division. No way is Haley the best coach in the division.

08-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Chiefs have one of the better GM's in the division. No way is Haley the best coach in the division.

Is he better than Norv? Yes

Is he better than that assclown in Oakland? Yes.

Is he better than Fox? Probably a push.

The AFC West is not full of great head coaches. The two-year turnaround of the Chiefs and the work Haley has done with Cassel and Bowe is pretty impressive.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd be more worried about the fact that he can't separate from a DB than the fact that he's a whiny little headcase.

Rolandftw
08-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Haley's only had two years as a head coach. Would like to see him win on a schedule that isn't as soft as last year (actually, I wouldn't) before I declare him to be a better coach then someone that's been as successful in the regular season as Norv Turner has the last four seasons.

Norv was a joke in Washington and Oakland, but has changed his reputation in San Diego.

A little bit early to tell on Hue Jackson. But he's had success developing Flacco in Baltimore, and Oakland had a decent offense in the most Russell era. Considering it was the first year of Jason Campbell, they had a decent offense last season. Not retaining Campbell was stupid though.

I'd definitely take Fox over Haley, but some of that might have to do with the fact that some of Haley's attitude is similar to McDaniels.

08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
lol @ crediting Norv for the Chargers' success.

Idiot lucked into Philip Rivers and now suddenly he can coach

Bronco Boy
08-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Haley may not be the worst head coach in the division, but he is definitely the biggest p***y. Also probably has the smallest ding dong.

mwill07
08-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Is he better than Norv? Yes

Is he better than that assclown in Oakland? Yes.

Is he better than Fox? Probably a push.

The AFC West is not full of great head coaches. The two-year turnaround of the Chiefs and the work Haley has done with Cassel and Bowe is pretty impressive.

which coach in the AFCW has coached his team to a SB, two years removed from a 1-15 season (hows that for a 2 year turnaround?) which coach has coached in two conference championships?

I'm not sure that I'm comfortable agreeing that Haley is comparable to Fox...certainly, not on the basis of actual accomplishments.

08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Fox is wildly overrated as a head coach....for crying out loud, he has 3 winning seasons in 9 years.

DenverBrit
08-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Fox is wildly overrated as a head coach....for crying out loud, he has 3 winning seasons in 9 years.

SB and Div Championship in those 3 winning seasons with an expansion team.

More than KC has done with......how many coaches, how many decades?

baja
08-25-2011, 10:09 PM

and how many decades?

Hey you edited...

Rolandftw
08-25-2011, 10:27 PM
lol @ crediting Norv for the Chargers' success.

Idiot lucked into Philip Rivers and now suddenly he can coach

By that same logic, lol @ crediting Belichick for the Patriots success.

Idiot lucked into Tom Brady and now suddenly can coach.

Pretty sure players makes coaches look a lot better then they really are. Don't think anyone would doubt that Oakland and Washington are two of the least desirable places to coach (if for lack of longevity, if nothing else).

KCStud
08-25-2011, 10:34 PM

Pretty sure players makes coaches look a lot better then they really are. Don't think anyone would doubt that Oakland and Washington are two of the least desirable places to coach (if for lack of longevity, if nothing else).

Norv is only successful because Marty's leftovers are the talent of the team.
Belicheck consistently makes outstanding draft picks and FA signings.

KCStud
08-25-2011, 10:43 PM

That doesn't matter at all. If that were the case, Vermeil would have done a lot better in KC because he won a SB.
The fact is Fox has 1 winning season in his last 5. He's 37-43 in his last 5 seasons. He clearly isn't what he used to be.

08-25-2011, 11:03 PM

Belichick was a good coach long before NE

What a rotten comparison. ROFL!

Norv is a joke of a coach. Everyone knows that.

mwill07
08-26-2011, 04:57 AM
That doesn't matter at all. If that were the case, Vermeil would have done a lot better in KC because he won a SB.
The fact is Fox has 1 winning season in his last 5. He's 37-43 in his last 5 seasons. He clearly isn't what he used to be.

Clearly, his ownership lowballing the league and personel acquisitions had something to do with that, no?

I'm not going to lay blame for 1-15 on Fox, and i don't think anyone here in charlotte does either. Imo, the blame for that goes on Marty Hurney and Jerry Richardson.

DenverBrit
08-26-2011, 07:22 AM

KC is a coach's graveyard, Denver isn't.

How many coaches, how many decades since KC did anything relevant??

Long before you and Boob were born? 8')

Rolandftw
08-26-2011, 11:09 AM

He was a decent coach in Cleveland, considering how bad Cleveland has been since. But one playoff appearance in five seasons, and a five year gap between head coaching positions are NOT attributes of coaches seen as good coaches throughout the league. Obviously, Belichick was still a big name during that time, and could have probably gotten a head coaching gig somewhere if he wanted--but no high profile team was likely interested.

And I thought we were debating coaching, not their draft success. Being that Norv Turner doesn't have a GM type position in San Diego, don't see how you could rate him on anything but his coaching there. You can give all the credit to their GM if you want. Your position is strangely inconsistent, with the Chiefs and Todd Haley...

Turner was seen as a joke of a coach, seems that it had more to do with his personnel then his ability as a coach.

gyldenlove
08-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Yes, he is clearly a draft wizard......

Aside from getting lucky on Brady he has drafted average at best.

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 11:39 AM

No he doesnt.

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
He was a decent coach in Cleveland, considering how bad Cleveland has been since. But one playoff appearance in five seasons, and a five year gap between head coaching positions are NOT attributes of coaches seen as good coaches throughout the league. Obviously, Belichick was still a big name during that time, and could have probably gotten a head coaching gig somewhere if he wanted--but no high profile team was likely interested.

And I thought we were debating coaching, not their draft success. Being that Norv Turner doesn't have a GM type position in San Diego, don't see how you could rate him on anything but his coaching there. You can give all the credit to their GM if you want. Your position is strangely inconsistent, with the Chiefs and Todd Haley...

Turner was seen as a joke of a coach, seems that it had more to do with his personnel then his ability as a coach.

OK, you do realize that the team Belichick coached went on to become the Ravens, right?

Peoples Champ
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
didnt this guy break his wrist in Thomas Jones face? Great locker room chemistry going on there in KC.

Rolandftw
08-26-2011, 12:40 PM
OK, you do realize that the team Belichick coached went on to become the Ravens, right?

Yeah, you're correct. I knew the Browns moved to Baltimore, but for some reason, I thought they moved earlier then after last Belichick's last year with the club.

KCStud
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
No he doesnt.

Devin McCourty, Ron Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Sebastian Vollmer, Jerod Mayo, Brandon Merriweather, Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead. And that's not even counting the early 2000's. I hate Belicheck too but you have to admit he's good.

JJJ
08-27-2011, 01:11 AM

Norv has won the AFC West as many times in the last 4 years as all the KC coaches combined in the last 15 years.

Norv has won as many playoff games (3) in the last 4 years as all the KC coaches combined in the last 40 years. You have to back to the 1969 season to get your 4th playoff victory in KC.

Norv wears two SB rings as an assistant.

If Norv is a joke what has the last 40 years of KC football been then? Norv is a God by KC standards.

Belicheck's record of 36-44 in Cleveland was pretty much identical to Norv's with Washington 49-59. So the comparison was extremely valid.

cutthemdown
08-27-2011, 01:14 AM
KC has the Bills first week so they should be able to go 1-0 to start season. Bills seem pretty bad to me.

KC should look better then this.

08-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Rivers has won the AFC West as many times in the last 4 years as all the KC coaches combined in the last 15 years.

Rivers has won as many playoff games (3) in the last 4 years as all the KC coaches combined in the last 40 years. You have to back to the 1969 season to get your 4th playoff victory in KC.

FYP

OrangeSe7en
08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Devin McCourty, Ron Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Sebastian Vollmer, Jerod Mayo, Brandon Merriweather, Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead. And that's not even counting the early 2000's. I hate Belicheck too but you have to admit he's good.

There is nothing to admit.

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Danny Woodhead were all drafted by other teams.

Like a lot of people, he's had some hits and a lot of misses also.

KCStud
08-27-2011, 02:26 PM
There is nothing to admit.

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Danny Woodhead were all drafted by other teams.

Like a lot of people, he's had some hits and a lot of misses also.

Yeah and Belicheck got them cheap in FA and they've made huge contributions.

OrangeSe7en
08-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah and Belicheck got them cheap in FA and they've made huge contributions.

Adalius Thomas? Joey Galloway?

Jetmeck
08-27-2011, 02:55 PM

wASN'T bELLICHICK in Cleveleand. We know how that came out ?

Bellichick got lucky with Brady, as with Shanny when Brady is gone so will most of his success....................

Jetmeck
08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Heh Chef fans, got some free tickets to see your boys lay down at Arrowhead
last night. What a freakin mess you guys got. There was nothing impressive about it on either side of the ball. If Bradford had stayed in the Rams would have buried the Chefs....................

KCStud
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Heh Chef fans, got some free tickets to see your boys lay down at Arrowhead
last night. What a freakin mess you guys got. There was nothing impressive about it on either side of the ball. If Bradford had stayed in the Rams would have buried the Chefs....................

Lions went 4-0 and looked great in the preseason a few years ago and fans like you thought they'd be a great. Guess how their season went that year?

It's preseason moron.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2011, 03:22 PM
There's no doubt that the players make the coach. Shanny is example A with Steve Young and John Elway providing him the rings. Bellycheck is example B with Tom Brady providing him the great young QB and the run on SBs.

Take Brady out of the Bellycheck equation and meh, he's done little to justify calling him a "great" coach. He didn't do much in Cleveland, and he didn't do much with Bledsoe as his QB before Brady.

Same with Shanny. He's been very average without the HoF QB on the sideline.

08-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Great coaches win SBs with great QBs.

Norm hasn't come close and in four years has one playoff run worth talking about.

He is squandering Rivers.

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Lions went 4-0 and looked great in the preseason a few years ago and fans like you thought they'd be a great. Guess how their season went that year?

It's preseason moron.

It's not like people thought they would do anything though. You guys are in trouble 22 punts and only 23 pts scored. The chiefs really are not a good team let's be honest.

KCStud
08-27-2011, 05:56 PM
It's not like people thought they would do anything though. You guys are in trouble 22 punts and only 23 pts scored. The chiefs really are not a good team let's be honest.

Yeah they sure aren't a good team. They just won the division last season. LOL

Jetmeck
08-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Yeah damn sure right they did....by freakin default becaUSE EVERYBODY SUCKED ASS................GET OVER IT. tHEY ARE GOING BACK IN THE TANK AS USUAL.

Jetmeck
08-27-2011, 06:18 PM

It's preseason moron.

kEEP PRAYIN CAUSE yopu know the truth. Completely pathetic in all three games...............but hey Haley will just throw the switch and turn on that powerhouse offense of yours. hahaha

KCStud
08-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey DUI, the Lions are owning the Patriots right now. Guess that mean that Pat's are gonna suck this year and the Lions are better than them. Ha!Ha!Hilarious!Hilarious!

KCStud
08-27-2011, 06:26 PM
kEEP PRAYIN CAUSE yopu know the truth. Completely pathetic in all three games...............but hey Haley will just throw the switch and turn on that powerhouse offense of yours. hahaha

Until it happens in the regular season it doesn't matter :wave:

Jetmeck
08-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey DUI, the Lions are owning the Patriots right now. Guess that mean that Pat's are gonna suck this year and the Lions are better than them. Ha!Ha!Hilarious!Hilarious!

1 game not a major issue is it ? 3 games can be called a trend............idiot Chef fan on a rivals board. Good god get a life........

KCStud
08-27-2011, 06:30 PM
1 game not a major issue is it ? 3 games can be called a trend............idiot Donkey fan stalking a rivals team. Good god get a life........

Fixed it for ya.

Jetmeck
08-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Fixed it for ya.

Heh tool. I wonder if you think all the booing fans at Arrowhead last night agree with you or me ????????

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2011, 06:32 PM

This isn't same lions team as ones your pointing to. 17 to 10 is hardly ownin.g. Pats have looked good in all games so far and they are right in this with starters leavin. What would you bet me KC doesn't win more than 8 games?

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2011, 06:35 PM

That's what you don't understand. Bad teams win divisions some times while good teams don't make playoffs sometimes. Seattle won division without winning record. KC won division off soft schedule and playing in terrible division. Let's bet on KC.

KCStud
08-27-2011, 06:48 PM
That's what you don't understand. Bad teams win divisions some times while good teams don't make playoffs sometimes. Seattle won division without winning record. KC won division off soft schedule and playing in terrible division. Let's bet on KC.

SD 11-5
KC 9-7
OAK 6-10
DEN 6-10

KCStud
08-27-2011, 07:51 PM
San Diego looks terrible tonight in their 3rd preseason game. Rivers is 5/9 with 61 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT and a 37.1 QB rating in the first quarter.
Their starters just gave up a 34 yard TD run to a backup RB too.
Guess that makes them a bust for this year right?! Ha!Ha!Ha!

Rolandftw
08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
It's not that the Chiefs have struggled a little bit in preseason and are 0-3. It's that they've been completely inept on offense. They look terrible. They don't seem to have an offensive line that remotely compares to their line of last year, and they haven't been able to do the thing they do best: run the football. Maybe Haley told all of his o-line to stop blocking to get even with Cassel for beating him at golf...

They didn't even struggle in the preseason last year, at least with the starters in the game. At least in comparison.

cutthemdown
08-28-2011, 12:32 AM
San Diego looks terrible tonight in their 3rd preseason game. Rivers is 5/9 with 61 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT and a 37.1 QB rating in the first quarter.

I have Charles in my Keeper fantasy league. I have to keep him hes too good to worry about so for now no biggie. They do look really bad though which is weird because isn't the offense about the same guys just another yr along?

Bills first week should be a win for KC IMO.

KCStud
08-28-2011, 01:07 AM
It's not that the Chiefs have struggled a little bit in preseason and are 0-3. It's that they've been completely inept on offense. They look terrible. They don't seem to have an offensive line that remotely compares to their line of last year, and they haven't been able to do the thing they do best: run the football. Maybe Haley told all of his o-line to stop blocking to get even with Cassel for beating him at golf...

They didn't even struggle in the preseason last year, at least with the starters in the game. At least in comparison.

I don't think it's too much of a problem. Haley is being very conservative and I agree with it. The main problem has been our RT Barry Richardson. He gave up a sack and was called for 3 holding calls against the Rams. He will get replaced.
Jared Gaither looked very good last night. Yes he played with our 2nd team, but he looked terrific. I would say he gets the one of the starting tackle jobs. He played with the 2nd team because he didn't play last year and Haley is working with him to slowly get him in game shape (trying to avoid what happened to Ty Warren who also didn't play last season).
Our rook Hudson has played very well too and I think he's going to do much better against bigger DL than Weigmann who weighs 15 lbs less than him.
If Gaither plays like he did in 09, which he certainly looked like against some of the Rams first team DL, than I will feel much better about our OL.

Bronco Boy
08-28-2011, 01:17 AM
I don't think it's too much of a problem. Haley is being very conservative and I agree with it. The main problem has been our RT Barry Richardson. He gave up a sack and was called for 3 holding calls against the Rams. He will get replaced.
Jared Gaither looked very good last night. Yes he played with our 2nd team, but he looked terrific. I would say he gets the one of the starting tackle jobs. He played with the 2nd team because he didn't play last year and Haley is working with him to slowly get him in game shape (trying to avoid what happened to Ty Warren who also didn't play last season).
Our rook Hudson has played very well too and I think he's going to do much better against bigger DL than Weigmann who weighs 15 lbs less than him.
If Gaither plays like he did in 09, which he certainly looked like against some of the Rams first team DL, than I will feel much better about our OL.

Todd Haley has the smallest penis in the league. FACT.

LongDongJohnson
08-28-2011, 04:36 AM

Its huge compared to yours though.

Rolandftw
08-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Gaither has looked good against the second team defense; I'll give you that. Albert looks terrible right now though.

Think losing Brian Waters will hurt KC big time as well.

Maybe their line will improve but I still don't see it being anywhere near as good as last year.

Some of what Haley does is conservative, but not all of it. Obviously, KC doesn't have much depth in certain key positions so Haley's emphasis on conditioning makes sense.

Defensively, KC will be good but it doesn't really matter if they're on the field the whole game.

UberBroncoMan
08-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Gaither has looked good against the second team defense; I'll give you that. Albert looks terrible right now though.

Maybe their line will improve but I still don't see it being anywhere near as good as last year.

Some of what Haley does is conservative, but not all of it. Obviously, KC doesn't have much depth in certain key positions so Haley's emphasis on conditioning makes sense.

Defensively, KC will be good but it doesn't really matter if they're on the field the whole game.

Losing Charlie is hurting them as well. Their offense before and after he lost play calling is pretty funny.

I'd like to see us get Waters in all honesty. Just depends if he's ok with being depth, unless we want to sit Beadles for him this year.

KCStud
08-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Aside from the missed snap count by Weigmann which messed the entire line up I don't think Albert did too bad. Keep in mind Lilja wasn't starting against the Rams.
Idk what to think about Waters. I know we still have veteran leadership that can still play tho. I think if we put Gaither in the starting lineup (pretty sure we will), we will look miles better.
Richardson has been beat like a drum all preseason.

KipCorrington25
08-28-2011, 01:03 PM

You've seen them all up close then you're saying?

KCStud
08-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Losing Charlie is hurting them as well. Their offense before and after he lost play calling is pretty funny.

I'd like to see us get Waters in all honesty. Just depends if he's ok with being depth, unless we want to sit Beadles for him this year.

I hated Charlie's playcalling. I had enough when he kept calling passing plays on 3rd and short. We were one of the worst teams in the league on third and short.
Apparently he missed the memo that we lead the league in rushing.

Inkana7
08-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Ty Warren got hurt in practice. Is Gaither also not practicing?

KCStud
08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Ty Warren got hurt in practice. Is Gaither also not practicing?

He is practicing as of this week. He did conditioning the first couple weeks.

Rolandftw
08-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Pretty sure Ty's injury was a freak thing. It happens.

Not sure Gaither will hold up as a starting tackle; will see if KC ends up going that direction. I can only comment on what I've seen, and as a unit they didn't look good. Could change in the next two weeks, obviously, but to say it's just preseason is not a view being thrown out by KC sports talk at the moment.

DENVERDUI55
08-28-2011, 09:09 PM

If this is the best that you can come up with to deflect from the fact that KC has looked like complete garbage and isn't that good then how dumb are you. KC has major issues and you know it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in last place again in the division which hurts my feelings since I personally want Denver in the LUCK sweepstakes.

_Oro_
08-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Pretty sure Ty's injury was a freak thing. It happens.

Not sure Gaither will hold up as a starting tackle; will see if KC ends up going that direction. I can only comment on what I've seen, and as a unit they didn't look good. Could change in the next two weeks, obviously, but to say it's just preseason is not a view being thrown out by KC sports talk at the moment.

Pretty sure Joe Mays looked at Ty weird and his tricep melted.

Steve Sewell
08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Miller and Dumerville will get off in a serious way against the Chiefs. It's going to be hilarious.

StugotsIII
08-29-2011, 08:25 AM
KC looks REALLY good this year...