PDA

View Full Version : Quinn looked solid

ZONA
08-14-2011, 11:44 PM
I think Quinn looked very solid against the Cowboys a few days ago. Passes were accurate and zippy. Good enough to where I would give him a shot with the 1st unit in the next preseason game. Give Orton his 1 series and yank him but keep the rest of the starters in there for another 2 series and let Quinn run with them and let's see what he can do. Tebow got his chance last game. I would alternate these 2 guys this preseason and give them each some time with the 1st unit. It certainly couldn't do any harm. I think Tebow did some nice things last game also but I would just like to see Quinn get a chance to show what he can do with the 1st unit.

OABB
08-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Tebow got his chance and ran with the first unit? awesome news.

OBF1
08-15-2011, 02:28 AM
First I have seen of this myth... Nice try zona, now back to the desert.

FireFly
08-15-2011, 02:34 AM
I actually have a feeling that that is exactly what Fox is going to do. I feel like in the next game it will be Orton, Quinn and THEN Tebow.

And I'm OK with that :)

Hogan11
08-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Yes he did....for three regular season games last year. Quinn hasn't even sniffed time with the starting unit since his arrival. Because they have Gator boy locked up for awhile and they already know what they have in Orton, why not start Quinn or at least have him get time with the starters to see how he performs in games?

This isn't Cleveland, it's a different system with different personel, so his time there is irrelevant. He appears to have improved, give him a chance and then either start or discard him accordingly.

Pick Six
08-15-2011, 09:02 AM
We won't know if Orton is expendable, if we don't see what Quinn can do. Anybody who doesn't like the idea of Orton on this team should be all for this...

tsiguy96
08-15-2011, 09:04 AM
i would like to see each QB have 2 series with the starters in the same game. would atleast put tape out there for a potential late trade for quinn?

Mogulseeker
08-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Tebow came in pretty early... I think it was with some of the first team.

I'm not certain that Brady isn't the best Quarterback we have right now... I think it's worth giving him a shot with the 1st team.

Quinn is younger and Orton is in a contract year. Tebow may very well be QBOF, but Quinn deserves a shot too.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Tebow came in pretty early... I think it was with some of the first team.

I'm not certain that Brady isn't the best Quarterback we have right now... I think it's worth giving him a shot with the 1st team.

Quinn is younger and Orton is in a contract year. Tebow may very well be QBOF, but Quinn deserves a shot too.

None of it was with the first team

Mogulseeker
08-15-2011, 12:58 PM
None of it was with the first team

I didn't say some of it was with the first team... I said with some of the first team.

tsiguy96
08-15-2011, 01:02 PM
I didn't say some of it was with the first team... I said with some of the first team.

i am pretty positive the ENTIRE first team was on the bench when tebow played his first play.

crush17
08-15-2011, 01:08 PM
i am pretty positive the ENTIRE first team was on the bench when tebow played his first play.

Correct.

Mogulseeker
08-15-2011, 01:09 PM
If that's the case, Fox probably should have played Walton, Beadles and Franklin a little more.

Agamemnon
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM

Not a single first-teamer was on the field after the first series.

If Quinn's okay performance with the 3rd string earns him a shot with the starters, Tebow going 6-7 for 91 yards behind our abomination of a 2nd string o-line most certainly should as well. Actually that sounds great. Orton belongs on the 3rd string anyway.

bronco militia
08-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Quim

The noun quim was a Victorian-era word that was used specifically to refer to the fluids produced by the vagina, specifically during orgasm. In modern usage it is primarily heard in British slang and is a derogatory or vulgar term for the vagina itself. The word is rarely used today in English slang but used in Wales as an insult rather than the above meaning. The word may be related to Welsh 'cwm' meaning 'hollow' or 'valley'.
1. Shirley's quim was soaking wet.
2. Go eat some quim you ****ing quim.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quim

close enough ;D

alkemical
08-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Quim

The noun quim was a Victorian-era word that was used specifically to refer to the fluids produced by the vagina, specifically during orgasm. In modern usage it is primarily heard in British slang and is a derogatory or vulgar term for the vagina itself. The word is rarely used today in English slang but used in Wales as an insult rather than the above meaning. The word may be related to Welsh 'cwm' meaning 'hollow' or 'valley'.
1. Shirley's quim was soaking wet.
2. Go eat some quim you ****ing quim.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quim

close enough ;D

Leave it to a southstander...

:D

bronco militia
08-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Leave it to a southstander...

:D

:strong:

broncosteven
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Anyone know what the QB depth chart is this week? I think Quinn would get his 1st team snaps in practice before he would in a game.

I just don't see this happening until the season gets out of hand.

Agamemnon
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Anyone know what the QB depth chart is this week? I think Quinn would get his 1st team snaps in practice before he would in a game.

I just don't see this happening until the season gets out of hand.

I'd be very surprised if Quinn was jumped ahead of Tebow when he actually played pretty well behind terrible blocking. I think people put way too much stock in how QBs look against 3rd stringers. Just look at the hoopla with Mallet (who looked better than Quinn by the way).

LittleFloyd
08-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Remember this, at the end of the season, we have one QB under contract. Tebow.

Agamemnon
08-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Remember this, at the end of the season, we have one QB under contract. Tebow.

I would imagine we could extend Quinn very easily if we decided he had potential. All the same your point is a good one.

Cito Pelon
08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Not a single first-teamer was on the field after the first series.

If Quinn's okay performance with the 3rd string earns him a shot with the starters, Tebow going 6-7 for 91 yards behind our abomination of a 2nd string o-line most certainly should as well. Actually that sounds great. Orton belongs on the 3rd string anyway.

What is this "abomination of a 2nd string o-line"? Tebow had about the same protection as Orton or Quinn did. Jebus.

I guess that's just Agamemnon spouting some . . . .

PRBronco
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
What is this "abomination of a 2nd string o-line"? Tebow had about the same protection as Orton or Quinn did. Jebus.

I guess that's just Agamemnon spouting some . . . .

Literally every account of our training camp has talked about how terrible our 2nd string O line is. My favourite was Lindsay Jones' account of it as "ragged".