PDA

View Full Version : Why did we not get Mallet?

kdissette
08-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Man I just watched this guys first game and let me tell you he was nothing short of amazing...he was playin against a scrubby defense but hes mechanics,playmaking,and rocket arm are nothing short of amazing...u want to talk about potential...this guy has everything physically he needs to be awesome.

crush17
08-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Solid thread.

errand
08-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Umm.....I'm guessing it's cuz we allegedly had a QB of the future in Tebow

TheReverend
08-13-2011, 05:35 PM
And Colt McCoy looks like a HoF'er

Welcome to your first pre-season.

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Man I just watched this guys first game and let me tell you he was nothing short of amazing...he was playin against a scrubby defense but hes mechanics,playmaking,and rocket arm are nothing short of amazing...u want to talk about potential...this guy has everything physically he needs to be awesome.

We really need another QB on this team. Yep that would totally help us right now...

baja
08-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Man if only we had Hillis...

Tim
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I thought Mallet was the best Qb coming into the draft I don't know how guys like ponder, dalton, and kapernick went ahead of him

houghtam
08-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I thought Mallet was the best Qb coming into the draft I don't know how guys like ponder, dalton, and kapernick went ahead of him

Well that's all I needed. I wasn't sure at first, but now that you've weighed in your opinion, I CAN'T BELIEVE those guys went ahead of him. It's too bad NFL teams don't have you evaluating talent. Their loss.

That One Guy
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Well that's all I needed. I wasn't sure at first, but now that you've weighed in your opinion, I CAN'T BELIEVE those guys went ahead of him. It's too bad NFL teams don't have you evaluating talent. Their loss.

Hey, way to be a prick. Solid job!

oubronco
08-13-2011, 06:24 PM

I believe it was reports of drug use

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
I believe it was reports of drug use

I also recall there being concerns that he isn't very smart or mature.

MacGruder
08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Yep.. if only the Broncos got Mallet.. then they'd just be one Bill Bellichick away from multiple Superbowls..

enjolras
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
I also recall there being concerns that he isn't very smart or mature.

It's more that. He's Cutler part 2. He has all the tools, but he makes some AWFUL decisions.

MacGruder
08-13-2011, 06:35 PM
It's more that. He's Cutler part 2. He has all the tools, but he makes some AWFUL decisions.

He has all the tools to fit in Belli/Brady's offense.. but who else can protect Qbs like that?

That's why he is a 3rd round pick. Some sucker will trade for him thinking they can do it too though.

baja
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
No one out horse trades Bad Bill

theAPAOps5
08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Ed Reed

FADERPROOF
08-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Just watch him in the big 3 games last year: Alabama, Auburn and Ohio State. He lost them all 3 games with idiotic decisions and game-endng INT's

LRtagger
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
total wigger

broncosteven
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Ed Reed

We could have had Ed Reed!

Bronco Boy
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
We have enough assholes on the team already.

Aftermath
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Yep.. if only the Broncos got Mallet.. then they'd just be one Bill Bellichick away from multiple Superbowls..

Thank you, at least ONE person in this thread has a brain.

broncosteven
08-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Thank you, at least ONE person in this thread has a brain.

but his was put there by aliens and time traveling Nazis

MacGruder
08-13-2011, 07:45 PM
but his was put there by aliens and time traveling Nazis

Truth is stranger than fiction... And again. I don't believe in aliens.. strawman..

There's a new one for you to sarcastically mock..

snowspot66
08-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Historically the odds of him being any good are pretty low. Granted he is in his own individual situation and not at all influenced by the past but teams just don't go from a Montana to Young or a Favre to Rodgers very often.

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Historically the odds of him being any good are pretty low. Granted he is in his own individual situation and not at all influenced by the past but teams just don't go from a Montana to Young or a Favre to Rodgers very often.

Very true. Fortunately for him and NE he has a long time to develop his skills. Brady's going to play another 3 or 4 years most likely.

baja
08-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Truth is stranger than fiction... And again. I don't believe in aliens.. strawman..

Actually we are the aliens or more correctly the children of.

worm
08-13-2011, 08:43 PM

He sounds like he is amazing.

My pappy told me....learn better superlatives than amazing and never trust a doctor that went to school in Arkansas. Especially ones that breed in Oklahoma.

baja
08-13-2011, 08:46 PM
What's amazing is how easily we are amazed. Just goes to show you how much we have forgotten.

UberBroncoMan
08-13-2011, 09:34 PM
How about that St. Louis offense under McDaniels. Talk about face raping Indy.

Shame McD couldn't have been our OC. Too much tension etc, but the guy is ****ing good at that job.

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 09:39 PM
How about that St. Louis offense under McDaniels. Talk about face raping Indy.

Shame McD couldn't have been our OC. Too much tension etc, but the guy is ****ing good at that job.

Let's be honest. He was our OC. And he raped our running game.

I kind of feel bad for Steven Jackson honestly.

UberBroncoMan
08-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Let's be honest. He was our OC. And he raped our running game.

I kind of feel bad for Steven Jackson honestly.

Ironically, they ran like champs.

Multiple RB's with 5 ypc.

We just failed because he was trying to turn our OL into something it wasn't for his running scheme.

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Ironically, they ran like champs.

Multiple RB's with 5 ypc.

We just failed because he was trying to turn our OL into something it wasn't for his running scheme.

It was a PRESEASON GAME.

baja
08-13-2011, 10:34 PM
I stick by my prediction Josh McDaniels will be a kick ass coach one day.

Too bad him and Tebow won't be together it would have been special.

Micanopy
08-13-2011, 10:44 PM

Mallet has a college history of being really on or way off the whole game. He has been consistent I think with the mechanics and arm, but not with accuracy and other aspects of the game, although more consistent last year from what I recall. He also had some reoccurring weed issues that resurfaced right before the draft possibly to the point where it was interfering with reliability on the field- you might want to check that last part in case my memory is off- I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the details. He would have drafted higher otherwise.

Did he have first or second team? How was his o-line?

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Mallet has a college history of being really on or way off the whole game. He has been consistent I think with the mechanics and arm, but not with accuracy and other aspects of the game, although more consistent last year from what I recall. He also had some reoccurring weed issues that resurfaced right before the draft possibly to the point where it was interfering with reliability on the field- you might want to check that last part in case my memory is off- I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the details. He would have drafted higher otherwise.

Pretty sure he played primarily with and against third stringers.

Archer81
08-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Is OP new to watching preseason?

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Is OP new to watching preseason?

A lot of people on here seem to be.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2011, 10:59 PM

Dalton and Kaep, I agree. But I really believe that Ponder is going to make some noise in the league. Seriously. Would have supported Denver getting him.

Archer81
08-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Its nice when rookies do well in preseason. That however does not equate cursing the past season's draft because a 3rd string QB on a perennial playoff contender managed to make backups looks great against other backups.

Ryan Mallett...Jesus...why not Colt McCoy? He went 9-10 for 135 yards against the WORLD CHAMPION Packers...we could trade them Orton for him.

That One Guy
08-13-2011, 11:15 PM

You mention truth... Did you know it comes in three stages? Something I heard recently. PM me for more details, I'll fill you in.

MacGruder
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
You mention truth... Did you know it comes in three stages? Something I heard recently. PM me for more details, I'll fill you in.

Truth is stranger than fiction.. which is WHY it goes through three phases.

UberBroncoMan
08-13-2011, 11:42 PM
It was a PRESEASON GAME.

Isn't that the point of this thread. Being amazed at what we saw in one preseason game?

kdissette
08-14-2011, 05:03 AM

dude i dont know if you watched the game but not one bad choice all game...im serious...go ahead and watch it I was blown away....i would give up a 2nd rd pick...and if mc**** what here id give up at 1st for him....he makes every throw...i mean tebow cant ****in throw down a quarter pounder with cheese...and thats what 2/3rds of the people order

kdissette
08-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Its nice when rookies do well in preseason. That however does not equate cursing the past season's draft because a 3rd string QB on a perennial playoff contender managed to make backups looks great against other backups.

Ryan Mallett...Jesus...why not Colt McCoy? He went 9-10 for 135 yards against the WORLD CHAMPION Packers...we could trade them Orton for him.

u obviously didnt see him play...he made plays outside the pocket...on he backfoot downfield....****in lasers man...accurate as anyone ive ever seen...reminds me of a young bledsoe

kdissette
08-14-2011, 05:08 AM
He sounds like he is amazing.

My pappy told me....learn better superlatives than amazing and never trust a doctor that went to school in Arkansas. Especially ones that breed in Oklahoma.

dude when ur done checkin out ur sister u should be serious....i mean this guy was making throws that arent made in week 1 preseason...u guys can mark my words but this guy has the ability to be nothing short of amazing

brncs_fan
08-14-2011, 05:20 AM
omg...he is teh schitz...i'm serious...he could throw a baby fifty yards and it would be amazingly accurate...i mean he is so amazing that i cant put it in complete sentences and i have to give him extra periods...

kdissette
08-14-2011, 05:20 AM

either way id pay a 2nd or 3rd for a QB that has that kind of talent....i mean tebow shows absolutely none of the skills i saw the other night...i know its only the 1st game...but u cant teach that **** its nothing short of amziing

HAT
08-14-2011, 07:33 AM
This is an amazing thread.

bowtown
08-14-2011, 07:45 AM
http://dptinc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/DPT-5-star-certification-symbol.jpg

LRtagger
08-14-2011, 08:29 AM
http://ftrsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RyanMallett-copy.jpg

Bronkota
08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I stick by my prediction Josh McDaniels will be a kick ass coach one day.

Too bad him and Tebow won't be together it would have been special.

Baja
Curious as to what the pos did in his first stint as a head coach to make you throw out a predicition like that. I predict we wont see it happen in the next 10 years if ever....

Hamrob
08-14-2011, 09:31 AM
If we took a QB in this draft...I would have wanted it to be Locker. Did you happen to see his first game? Ponder looked o.k. as well. Heck Newton had his moments, as did Gabhert. It's the preseason.

Tebow went 6-7 for 90+ yards and Quinn played lights out.....so, there really wasn't a need this year.

Arkie
08-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Patriots got a steal in Mallett. He may be Cutler part 2, but they didn't spend a 1st on him. At this point, he's the most physically talented QB with the most potential from the 2011 draft.

FADERPROOF
08-14-2011, 10:46 AM
dude i dont know if you watched the game but not one bad choice all game...im serious...go ahead and watch it I was blown away....i would give up a 2nd rd pick...and if mc**** what here id give up at 1st for him....he makes every throw...i mean tebow cant ****in throw down a quarter pounder with cheese...and thats what 2/3rds of the people order

Wait til the games on the line, its easy to sit back and make plays when there's no pressure, big difference when it's on him to win it. Last year, he went 0-3 in those situations, including 2 game ending INT's. Against alabama had no one open so nonchalanty toss it down the sidelines in a "not sure if I can get it to my receiver, not sure if I should just throw it out of bounds" type throw that got picked off. In the sugar bowl against Ohio State, they had a game winning drive all set up until Mallett didnt read the defensive coverage properly and tossed it right into the stomach of the DE that dropped into pass coverage.

You can go ahead and want a QB that can't win a big game, I'll pass.

FADERPROOF
08-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Patriots got a steal in Mallett. He may be Cutler part 2, but they didn't spend a 1st on him. At this point, he's the most physically talented QB with the most potential from the 2011 draft.

Cam Newton is by far the most physically gifted QB with the most potential, then Jake Locker, then MAYBE Ryan Mallett.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Wait til the games on the line, its easy to sit back and make plays when there's no pressure, big difference when it's on him to win it. Last year, he went 0-3 in those situations, including 2 game ending INT's. Against alabama had no one open so nonchalanty toss it down the sidelines in a "not sure if I can get it to my receiver, not sure if I should just throw it out of bounds" type throw that got picked off. In the sugar bowl against Ohio State, they had a game winning drive all set up until Mallett didnt read the defensive coverage properly and tossed it right into the stomach of the DE that dropped into pass coverage.

You obviously didn't watch the sugar bowl. Mallet's receivers left at the very least 14 points off the board with straigt up touchdown drops. Not counting multiple additional drive killing drops. Pinning that Loss on the game ending interception is just plain stupid. That game should have been well in hand if not for the worst receiver play I've ever witnessed.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2011, 11:04 AM
You obviously didn't watch the sugar bowl. Mallet's receivers left at the very least 14 points off the board with straigt up touchdown drops. Not counting multiple additional drive killing drops. Pinning that Loss on the game ending interception is just plain stupid. That game should have been well in hand if not for the worst receiver play I've ever witnessed.

yeppers. Arkansas should have won that game against the cheaters but Mallet's receivers were very inconsistent. However, Mallett had a very good game.

FADERPROOF
08-14-2011, 12:22 PM

You're right, I'm an Ohio State fan that didn't watch the Sugar Bowl. Read what I said again(if you're an Arkansas fan I understand that reading might be tough for you) I was talking about the potential game winning drive, not what happenes in the 1st half of the game.

Yes receivers dropped the ball a lot but there's nothing a QB can do about that, when the game was on the line and they needed a play, he threw an int just like he has in every other big game.

And get out of here with "arkansas should've had that game in hand", it took an epic Ohio State collapse for them to even get in that position to win, that was a bigger story than the receivers dropping some passes.

Tim
08-14-2011, 12:22 PM

You are an idiot.

Agamemnon
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM

Mallett has the best arm. He isn't anywhere close to being the most physically gifted.

Hamrob
08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Cam Newton is by far the most physically gifted QB with the most potential, then Jake Locker, then MAYBE Ryan Mallett.I think you would have to say in terms of physically gifted:

Newton
Locker
Kaepernick
Gabbert
Ponder
Dalton
Mallet

And that's leaving out guys like (Yates, Devlin, Stanzi, Taylor, McElroy, Weber, Johnson) etc.

Mallet has an arm and is the most NFL ready....he is also one of the most immobile QB's there is.

Ryan Mallet = Drew Bledsoe (if he's absolutely lucky!)

bendog
08-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Mallett had vaguely reported character issues and didn't show much ability to move around in the pocket. QB 40 speed is irrelevant, or not nearly as important as, ability to slide a step in the pocket without losing time in getting rid of the ball. He's worth a 3.

cutthemdown
08-14-2011, 03:48 PM
LOL the tds to the rbs were blatant horrid coverage and a throw almost any qb could make IMO. Just swing passes. I thought he looked good though, but no reason to start asking why he isn't on the Broncos just yet.

yerner
08-14-2011, 03:55 PM

Lots of people said these things about Peyton at UT. No?

broncosteven
08-14-2011, 04:51 PM

So I take it I got the time traveling Nazi part right?

Pony Boy
08-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Let me explain how a pro style offence works, on some plays the QB will throw to a certain spot on the field before the receiver makes his cut to that spot. When the receiver and QB are on the same page the play is almost impossible to cover. If the receiver makes the wrong cut it can make the QB look like he is throwing directly to the defender. A tell-tale sign is when the receiver goes to the sideline and is ripped by the coaches.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 07:55 PM
So I take it I got the time traveling Nazi part right?

Truth is stranger than fiction.. do you know there were and are Nazis and according to relativity astronauts do travel at different rates of time.. this has been experimentally verified. Add black project technologies and it isn't that far fetched believe it or not. It's more plausible than terrorists taking down the twin towers with jet fuel.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 07:58 PM
With the reaction I am seeing from people here it makes me wonder if Bellichick has a plan in mind - trading Mallet for Tebow... he probably knows exactly the kind of QB Elway and Fox would salivate over... and want in return for Tebow..

How many here would take Mallet for Tebow?

Then Belli will show the world how to use Tebow in the NFL like he showed everyone how to use players like Brady and Mallet.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
****ing retard we are not trading Tebow for Mallet. Get a clue. If the FO wanted Mallet we would have used one of our 4 picks we had in the 1st three rounds on him. Mallet is the type of QB Fox would salivate over? Do you even know a damn thing about John Fox?

DENVERDUI55
08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I laugh at all u morons that put this guy in the hall for one game against vanilla d against 3rd stringers. Do u remember how cutler looked in first preseason or Brandstater against 3 rd team? No u idiots can't judge football.

Agamemnon
08-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I think you would have to say in terms of physically gifted:

Newton
Locker
Kaepernick
Gabbert
Ponder
Dalton
Mallet

And that's leaving out guys like (Yates, Devlin, Stanzi, Taylor, McElroy, Weber, Johnson) etc.

Mallet has an arm and is the most NFL ready....he is also one of the most immobile QB's there is.

Pretty much. For Mallet to succeed in the NFL he's going to have to master the arts of the quick release and the quick read. He'll also require an elite o-line. QBs that are that immobile (making Orton look like a world class athlete) can really struggle if they don't master getting rid of the ball quickly and accurately.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 08:15 PM
****ing retard we are not trading Tebow for Mallet. Get a clue. If the FO wanted Mallet we would have used one of our 4 picks we had in the 1st three rounds on him. Mallet is the type of QB Fox would salivate over? Do you even know a damn thing about John Fox?

Yes.. he took Clausen afterall.. they are very similar in that they are both considered prototypical pocket passing NFL style QBs... and they both have ****ty attitudes and will lose big games. Hilarious!

And Mallet was considered a gamble.. but with Bellichick taking the risk and then showing how "great" he is it would be the perfect bait to get Tebow if he is on the market.. and maybe the best offer the Broncos would get considering how stupid most NFL team braintrusts are.

Agamemnon
08-14-2011, 08:17 PM
I laugh at all u morons that put this guy in the hall for one game against vanilla d against 3rd stringers. Do u remember how cutler looked in first preseason or Brandstater against 3 rd team? No u idiots can't judge football.

Especially when you consider that NE is usually one of the deepest teams in the NFL. Playing with NE's 3rd stringers vs Jacksonville's 3rd stringers is a pretty big advantage.

TheReverend
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I think you would have to say in terms of physically gifted:

Newton
Locker
Kaepernick
Gabbert
Ponder
Dalton
Mallet

Ponder should be higher. Kinda gimpy arm but he's an amazing scrambler and after running a 4.63 even the top names on that list barely beat him.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes.. he took Clausen afterall.. they are very similar in that they are both considered prototypical pocket passing NFL style QBs... and they both have ****ty attitudes and will lose big games. Hilarious!

How could Mallet have a ****ty attitude and lose big games in the pros?

He's from the SEC.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 08:21 PM
How could Mallet have a ****ty attitude and lose big games in the pros?

He's from the SEC.

I never said all SEC players were great.. I said that they are just underrated... which Belli is proving.

Thanks for playing.. LOL

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I never said all SEC players were great.. I said that they are just underrated... which Belli is proving.

Thanks for playing.. LOL

You've been pimping the conference in every possible way.

It's not the SEC that's inherently special. It's high school football in the state of Florida, Louisiana and to a lesser extent the rest of the South that's special. That's where many of these clubs get a good portion of their rosters from. That's why Miami and Florida State, who have never been in the SEC, have nonetheless had a tremendous amount of success in the last 30 years. I'll take a 4 star Florida kid over a 5 star kid from the midwest, anyday.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm just speaking in general terms.. there are always exceptions.. for example Cam Newton was highly overrated IMO. He played on a team full of seniors and that was ideal for a run first QB... which Tebow was not. I think Cam will be a monumental bust for this reason.

I think he was vastly overrated as a runner even. This is why Florida let him go. He would not have been able to run Florida's pass heavy offense or function in their run game. He would have gotten hammered.. and I think the same will happen in the NFL.

Having said all that though I have been surprised he has looked as good as he has to this point.. but I don't think it will last.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Just think.. if EFX loves Orton over Tebow so much and even Quinn... they must be jizzing in their pants for Mallet as we speak..

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 08:47 PM
BB doesn't want Tebow and Fox doesn't ****ing want Mallet. Tebow is going to be a Broncos for years so you might want to brush up on your Broncos knowledge.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Newton left Florida because he "stole" a laptop and was suspended. Do you know anything?

PS there were three counts of him cheating as well.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM
BB doesn't want Tebow and Fox doesn't ****ing want Mallet. Tebow is going to be a Broncos for years so you might want to brush up on your Broncos knowledge.

And you know this how? way to back up your argument...

You are going against the media who has been saying the Broncos don't have Tebow in their plans.. And they don't appear to be building the team around him at all.

Hey.. no one wants to be wrong about this more than me but that is the reality.

I am not so hot on Tebow going to be Brady's backup and just used in specialty packages.. but at least Belli would develop him right and show others how to use him and parlay him in an even bigger trade landing him more stuff and making the Broncos look like fools for trading him in the first place.

Belli probably gets Tebow for Mallet then trades him to McDaniels new team when everyone sees how dominant he is. Either that or Gruden's new team.

TheReverend
08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I'll take a 4 star Florida kid over a 5 star kid from the midwest, anyday.

:(

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 08:55 PM
:(

Florida HS football is bad ass, Rev.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Newton left Florida because he "stole" a laptop and was suspended. Do you know anything?

I can show you an interview from when Cam left and his dad said it was because he wasn't even the definite backup behind Tebow. You think Florida would dump Cam because of a laptop when they were full of guys with legal problems? And why would Auburn take him and Florida wouldn't? LOL

You are not smart.

There was no way cam could run the offense Tebow did.. he would have looked even worse than Brantley. Florida has a pass heavy finesse offense. Auburn has a power game with great between the tackles runners that Cam played off of and looked great with. Their line of seniors protected Cam like a baby. cam was actually the equivalent of Leak not Tebow in terms of NFL ability.. That year Leak won he had Tebow and a team full of seniors on defense..

TheReverend
08-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Florida HS football is bad ass, Rev.

I know.

I've actually been beaten out by a Florida transplant in the Midwest.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 08:58 PM
I know.

I've actually been beaten out by a Florida transplant in the Midwest.

If it makes you feel better, I think you could probably beat him in a posedown, Rev. :)

;D

TheReverend
08-14-2011, 09:05 PM
If it makes you feel better, I think you could probably beat him in a posedown, Rev. :)

;D

Oh I was WAY prettier.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Call me when the media makes roster moves for NFL teams. Also BB doesn't want TT period. Stop ****ing talking about him going to New England.

As for the Cam Newton thing....

University of Florida
Newton, far left, with Dan Mullen, Tim Tebow, John Brantley, and Bryan Waggener during his freshman season at UF.

In 2007, as a freshman, Newton earned the spot over fellow freshman quarterback John Brantley as the back-up for star quarterback and eventual Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow. He played in five games and threw for 40 yards on 5-of-10 passing and ran the ball 16 times for 103 yards and three touchdowns.[8] In 2008, during his sophomore season, Newton played in the season opener against Hawaii, but then suffered an ankle injury and decided to take a medical redshirt season.[9]

On November 21, 2008, Newton was arrested for alleged theft of a laptop computer from a student at the University of Florida. He was subsequently temporarily suspended by the team after the laptop was in fact found to be in his possession.[10][11] Newton was suspended indefinitely and announced his intention to transfer three days before Florida's national championship win over Oklahoma.[8] All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pretrial diversion program.[12] Foxsports.com reported that Newton left the University of Florida after the fall semester in 2008 rather than face suspension or expulsion in part because of three instances of academic cheating.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Newton

n a telephone interview, Newton’s father, Cecil Newton Sr., said: “I cannot confirm or deny anything. I am under a gag order from my attorney.” He added, “I don’t know what’s in his personal file, but if someone is bold enough to post something like that, there will be consequences.”

Asked if he stood by his account of the circumstances surrounding his son’s departure from Florida, Cecil Newton said, “We can’t go into that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/sports/ncaafootball/10auburn.html
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/11/report_cam_newton_left_florida.html

"If it was up to me, I would still want to be at Florida," Newton said earlier this week. "My heart is still at Florida because of the long-lasting relationships I have with my teammates there. Leaving them was the hardest part."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/498420-is-the-heart-of-auburn-football-quarterback-cam-newton-still-in-florida

Archer81
08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I can show you an interview from when Cam left and his dad said it was because he wasn't even the definite backup behind Tebow. You think Florida would dump Cam because of a laptop when they were full of guys with legal problems? And why would Auburn take him and Florida wouldn't? LOL

You are not smart.

There was no way cam could run the offense Tebow did.. he would have looked even worse than Brantley. Florida has a pass heavy finesse offense. Auburn has a power game with great between the tackles runners that Cam played off of and looked great with. Their line of seniors protected Cam like a baby. cam was actually the equivalent of Leak not Tebow in terms of NFL ability.. That year Leak won he had Tebow and a team full of seniors on defense..

2004: 415 rush att, 1870 yards
2005: 455 rush att, 1761 yards
2006: 476 rush att, 2240 yards
2007: 487 rush att, 2602 yards
2008: 545 rush att, 3235 yards
2009: 555 rush att, 3105 yards
2010: 504 rush att, 2165 yards

2004: 407 att 243 comp, 3253 yards
2005: 385 att 241 comp, 2720 yards
2006: 399 att 255 comp, 3305 yards
2007: 361 att 240 comp, 3341 yards
2008: 329 att 211 comp, 2995 yards
2009: 364 att 249 comp, 3305 yards
2010: 381 att 230 comp, 2396 yards

2004 total offensive plays: 822. FLA ran the ball 50.4% of the time
2005: 840. FLA ran the ball 54.1% of the time.
2006: 875. FLA ran the ball 54.4% of the time.
2007: 848. FLA ran the ball 57.4% of the time.
2008: 874. FLA ran the ball 62.3% of the time.
2009: 919. FLA ran the ball 60.3% of the time.
2010: 885. FLA ran the ball 56.9% of the time.

Pass heavy finesse offense?

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Is this how you treat a guy who could supposedly win a Heisman and a national champ in your offense?

Please.. lol

You think florida doesn't know who can fit in their offense?

If they wanted a pure runner like Cam you think they would play Brantley over other talents they could have gotten at Florida?

C'mon man..

Exclusive: QB Cam Newton to transfer to Texas JC
Florida Gators — posted by jeremy fowler on January, 5 2009 8:55 AM
Discuss This: Comments(15) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
Sophomore quarterback Cam Newton, who has had a tough season after facing legal trouble, has decided to find a new home at an undisclosed Texas junior college, his father, Cecil Newton, told the Sentinel.

Numerous factors played into the decision to leave, Cecil said, including playing time and the search for a fresh start after a November arrest for allegedly stealing a student’s laptop and throwing it out of his dorm window. The departure of Dan Mullen to Mississippi State also attributed to the decision, Cecil said.

The legal proceedings are still unfolding in Newton’s case until possibly next week or beyond, according to lawyer Huntley Johnson. There is "absolutely no" animosity toward Florida, said Cecil, who certainly isn’t taking a page out of the Robert Marve book of transferring.

"We’ll be rooting for the Gators for life," Cecil said. "Cam had a great experience at Florida. We just feel Cam has all the tools to play at a major college level. He’s going to start this new chapter of his life and become re-recruited next year."

The idea, at least from a football standpoint, is to follow the path of former Gators safety Jamar Hornsby, who was kicked off the team last year for his arrest on credit card fraud, played a year of junior college ball and later signed with Ole Miss.

Newton, 19, will fight for a redshirt after injuring his ankle early in the 2008 season. Newton didn’t travel with the team to Miami for Thursday’s national championship game after facing three felony counts for the arrest. Newton is expected to be treated as a first-time offender with at least one charge dropped, according to a source.

The former five-star recruit entered the 2008 season battling for the backup job with redshirt freshman John Brantley, who now appears to be the future of Florida once Tim Tebow leaves. Newton, an undeniably talented athlete, will end his Gators career with 113 rushing yards along with 6-of-12 passing for 54 yards.

Cecil said he never found closure from Florida Coach Urban Meyer about his son’s future as a Gator once Mullen left, though he understands the Gators have priorities while fighting for a national title.

"Was he No. 2 or No. 3? We never really did define that," Cecil said about Cam’s status in the lineup. "And the verdict is out on whether Tim will stay or go this season."

Archer81
08-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Please.. lol

The statistics do not support your argument. Shocking everyone, I'm sure. Care to explain how Florida has a "pass heavy finesse offense"?

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 09:39 PM
2004: 415 rush att, 1870 yards

Pass heavy finesse offense?

You still have no clue how sports works.. teams dare you to use your weak link.. when Tebow was QB in his final year they took away the pass to slow down the Gators offense and DARED them to run because they knew the Gators had a weak run game outside of Tebow.. the small explosive Florida runners outside Tebow LOOKED.. but it was because they were the weak link dared to beat the opposing D.

This is the same reaosn Orotn had more long passes than Peyton manning last year..

again. you dare someone to beat you with their weakness.. Orton's weakness is deep passing and that is Peyton's strength..

C'mon man..

Agamemnon
08-14-2011, 09:42 PM
The statistics do not support your argument. Shocking everyone, I'm sure. Care to explain how Florida has a "pass heavy finesse offense"?

When a guy laughs at stats that prove a team runs more than passes, and continues to maintain that they are a finesse, pass-first team, don't you think that's the time to save yourself some sanity points and just move on? Just curious.

Archer81
08-14-2011, 09:44 PM
You still have no clue how sports works.. teams dare you to use your weak link.. when Tebow was QB in his final year they took away the pass to slow down the Gators offense and DARED them to run because they knew the Gators had a weak run game outside of Tebow.. the small explosive Florida runners outside Tebow LOOKED.. but it was because they were the weak link dared to beat the opposing D.

This is the same reaosn Orotn had more long passes than Peyton manning last year..

again. you dare someone to beat you with their weakness.. Orton's weakness is deep passing and that is Peyton's strength..

C'mon man..

Look chief, if a team spends most of a decade running the football MORE than they pass, then clearly running the football is a strength and not a weakness.

How dumb are you?

Archer81
08-14-2011, 09:46 PM
When a guy laughs at stats that prove a team runs more than passes, and continues to maintain that they are a finesse, pass-first team, don't you think that's the time to save yourself some sanity points and just move on? Just curious.

Letting idiocy slide is not my strong suit. That kind of stupidity needs to be constantly checked.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Listen to what the announcer at the end of this video says.

http://www.myspace.com/video/motleygator/tebow-dominates-lsu/2936127

He said the same thing all through Tebow's career at Florida.. that Tebow provided the Gators a physical run game that Florida did not have traditionally in the past.

This was the complete opposite at Auburn.. which is why Tebow would have looked even better at Auburn than Cam. They would have been even more unstoppable running with Tebow and those runners complementing each other.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Look chief, if a team spends most of a decade running the football MORE than they pass, then clearly running the football is a strength and not a weakness.

How dumb are you?

Again.. are you going to leave deep passes open and stop the run with an explosive offense like Florida? LOL

Seriously man.. that makes no sense..

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 09:52 PM

This from the guy who didn't even know why Mallet dropped in the draft.. he knows nothing..

Archer81
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Listen to what the announcer at the end of this video says.

http://www.myspace.com/video/motleygator/tebow-dominates-lsu/2936127

He said the same thing all through Tebow's career at Florida.. that Tebow provided the Gators a physical run game that Florida did not have traditionally in the past.

This was the complete opposite at Auburn.. which is why Tebow would have looked even better at Auburn than Cam. They would have been even more unstoppable running with Tebow and those runners complementing each other.

Again. Statistics do not prove this "Florida was so awesome passing the football they ran it nearly 60% of the time instead" theory you have. A real pass heavy finesse offenses reside at Texas Tech, Houston and Hawaii. Are you new to football?

Archer81
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Again.. are you going to leave deep passes open and stop the run with an explosive offense like Florida? LOL

Seriously man.. that makes no sense..

English is not your first language, is it?

Florida was good at running the football. So they ran it more than they passed it. Even with Brantley. Reading comprehension is not the enemy, giggles.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Again. Statistics do not prove this "Florida was so awesome passing the football they ran it nearly 60% of the time instead" theory you have. A real pass heavy finesse offenses reside at Texas Tech, Houston and Hawaii. Are you new to football?

I'm talking about within the SEC you halfwit.. which is why your stats are so incredibly stupid.

Those offenses you mention are outside of the SEC and would not last in the SEC. Which is why Bradford got knocked on his keister.

And again.. you have no clue how team sports works.. The Gators have an explosive offense.. which is why opposing Ds let the run game run wild to try to slow down their offense by taking the pass game out of the equation.

Why do you think Tebow looked like such a better passer his first season starting compared to his last season?

The discussion was about auburn versus Florida.. Cam's passing was generated by Auburn's stellar relatively power run game compared to Florida's. cam was juts one element of that Power run game.. Tebow was Florida's ENTIRE power run game.

Wake up! lol

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:05 PM
English is not your first language, is it?

Florida was good at running the football. So they ran it more than they passed it. Even with Brantley. Reading comprehension is not the enemy, giggles.

You don't understand sports.. seriously..

That's how people get hurt.. lol

That's how Cam and Sam Bradford get drafted higher than Tebow..

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:07 PM

Outside of the name Tim Tebow I don't think he knows anything else about the game of football.

Archer81
08-14-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm talking about within the SEC you halfwit.. which is why your stats are so incredibly stupid.

Those offenses you mention are outside of the SEC and would not last in the SEC. Which is why Bradford got knocked on his keister.

And again.. you have no clue how team sports works.. The Gators have an explosive offense.. which is why opposing Ds let the run game run wild to try to slow down their offense by taking the pass game out of the equation.

Why do you think Tebow looked like such a better passer his first season starting compared to his last season?

The discussion was about auburn versus Florida.. Cam's passing was generated by Auburn's stellar relatively power run game compared to Florida's. cam was juts one element of that Power run game.. Tebow was Florida's ENTIRE power run game.

Wake up! lol

Yeah...even in the SEC running the ball 55-60% of the time does not count as "pass heavy" or "finesse". Just stop. Every time you attempt to communicate with the world the world loses IQ points.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Outside of the name Tim Tebow I don't think he knows anything else about the game of football.

I knew why cam left Florida.. LOL

You were proven dead wrong there.

Nice going by the way...

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah...even in the SEC running the ball 55-60% of the time does not count as "pass heavy" or "finesse". Just stop. Every time you attempt to communicate with the world the world loses IQ points.

Yes.. and Orton is a better deep passer than Peyton Manning..

You sure are smart..

Seriously.. you are the reason why sports fans have a bad name...

Dumber than a sack of hammers..

Stats are worth nothing if you can't interpret them..

Agamemnon
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

This should be used to respond to every post MacGruder ever makes. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
ha ha you proved nothing about Cam you idiot. ROFL!

Archer81
08-14-2011, 10:13 PM
.yada yada yada yada. Lame, lame lame lame. Blah blah blah. LOL...

See? Its better when you realize you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. Because then you realize hey, I might as well stop talking, because otherwise people might think I am stupid then knowing it for sure.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
ha ha you proved nothing about Cam you idiot. ROFL!

I quoted his dad saying he wasn't even the definite backup to Tebow which was why they were leaving..

You think Florida doesn't know how to evaluate talent to fit in their offense?

You think they would put Brantley over Cam if he could do anything remotely close on the Gators?

It's shocking how stupid people are..

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:15 PM
See? Its better when you realize you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. Because then you realize hey, I might as well stop talking, because otherwise people might think I am stupid then knowing it for sure.

Yes.. and Orton is a better passer than Peyton..

That's what your stats equate to.

LOL

You are braindead.

Orton is one of the best passers ever according to his passing yardage last season..

Funny how Miami wouldn't even trade for him and McD drafted Tebow.. AND traded for Quinn.. lol

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
University of Florida
Newton, far left, with Dan Mullen, Tim Tebow, John Brantley, and Bryan Waggener during his freshman season at UF.

In 2007, as a freshman, Newton earned the spot over fellow freshman quarterback John Brantley as the back-up for star quarterback and eventual Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow. He played in five games and threw for 40 yards on 5-of-10 passing and ran the ball 16 times for 103 yards and three touchdowns.[8] In 2008, during his sophomore season, Newton played in the season opener against Hawaii, but then suffered an ankle injury and decided to take a medical redshirt season.[9]

On November 21, 2008, Newton was arrested for alleged theft of a laptop computer from a student at the University of Florida. He was subsequently temporarily suspended by the team after the laptop was in fact found to be in his possession.[10][11] Newton was suspended indefinitely and announced his intention to transfer three days before Florida's national championship win over Oklahoma.[8] All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pretrial diversion program.[12] Foxsports.com reported that Newton left the University of Florida after the fall semester in 2008 rather than face suspension or expulsion in part because of three instances of academic cheating.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Newton

God damn retard.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Cam announced he was leaving Florida THREE days before the NC game. How the hell would his father know what the hell was going to happen the following season in regards of him being a starter or a back up? Oh that's right he wouldn't.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Oh... wikipedia.. The ultimate in accurate info.. LOL

But Cam's own dad quoted at the time he left.. LOL

Nope.. ignore that..

Archer81
08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Yes.. and Orton is a better passer than Peyton..

That's what your stats equate to.

LOL

You are braindead.

You stated Florida has a "pass heavy finesse" offense. The statistics do not prove it. Instead you spin this illogical abortion about "being such a superstrong awesomeo passing team they decide to run it instead". You have NOTHING to base your opinion on you dickhead. Nothing. So instead of taking back what you said, you decided it would be better to be a complete ****ing twit and dig the hole deeper.

You are honestly too ****ing stupid for words. Here is a question for you, chief. Did the Denver Broncos run for more yards from 1995 to 2008 than any other NFL franchise because it was a weakness? Or is the concept of football so alien to you that you FAP to that idiotic picture of a fomer RAIDERS HC.

Dont even take the time to answer, because every time you do God regrets creation in all its entirety.

****tard.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Cam announced he was leaving Florida THREE days before the NC game. How the hell would his father know what the hell was going to happen the following season in regards of him being a starter or a back up? Oh that's right he wouldn't.

Oh really.. so you don't think Florida would make that clear to a guy who supposedly won the Heisman and national champ in the same year?

Please.. and then they would play BRANTLEY over him?

Are you braindead? Seriously..

I have some ocean front property in Death Valley to sell you...

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah this guy.....

Cam Newton‘s father admitted to an unnamed source he had sought money in exchange for his son’s talents.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/13/report-newtons-dad-admits-to-soliciting-money/
ROFL!

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:29 PM
John Brantley sucks and Cam Newton left because he was caught cheating and stealing.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:29 PM
You stated Florida has a "pass heavy finesse" offense. The statistics do not prove it. Instead you spin this illogical abortion about "being such a superstrong awesomeo passing team they decide to run it instead". You have NOTHING to base your opinion on you dickhead. Nothing. So instead of taking back what you said, you decided it would be better to be a complete ****ing twit and dig the hole deeper.

So then where are the great Florida runners then?

Why did Florida have to take on guys like Rainey and Demps who were cast offs from other programs? LOL

Where are all the NFL caliber runners coming from Florida? even Percy Harvin was a finesse runner that dropped in the draft.. even Emmitt Smith was undervalued coming out of Florida..

NFL caliber runners won't go to Florida BECAUSE they don't have a power NFL run game.

You are honestly too ****ing stupid for words. Here is a question for you, chief. Did the Denver Broncos run for more yards from 1995 to 2008 than any other NFL franchise because it was a weakness? Or is the concept of football so alien to you that you FAP to that idiotic picture of a fomer RAIDERS HC.

Dont even take the time to answer, because every time you do God regrets creation in all its entirety.

****tard.

Yep..

And Orotn is a better deep passer than Peyton Manning

Because that's what the stats say..

LOL

You are clueless.. yes.. they are going to shut down Florida's run game and let the receivers run wild. Brilliant..

No wonder McD was fired and made the Offensive cooridinator of the number one draft pick..

And you get John Fox to coach the most unique QB in NFL history.. lol

Seriously.. you are negatively intelligent..

That college sports analyst doesn't know Florida is a power run team but you do... LOL

And that's why Florida ran Tebow so much instead of their stellar power runners that dominate the SEC and are drafted into the NFL year after year.. LOL

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
John Brantley sucks and Cam Newton left because he was caught cheating and stealing.

Yeah.. Florida couldn't get a better athlete to run their offense than Brantley and Cam would be perfect for it.. LOL

Genius!

How do you guys remember to breath.. seriously...

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
So are you saying John Brantley is better then Cam?

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:38 PM
So are you saying John Brantley is better then Cam?

YES! Exactly.. because Florida needs a strong passer to run their finesse passing offense..

This is WHY Tebow was such an incredible freak.. not only could he pass at a high enough level to run that finesse offense.. but he could run with POWER.. which is essential in the SEC. They didn't even have a good enough runner to allow them to beat Bama even WITH Tebow because their runners were so finesse.

Bama had 2 stellar power runners and Flordia didn't even have one outside Tebow.. power runners don't wan tot play in that spread Florida offense because they will get screwed just like Tebow was coming out of it.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
So Florida was better off without the Heisman winner. Ha! Newton 14-0, NC vs John Brantley 8-5 record. Un****ing believable.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
John Brantley 2060 yards passing 9 TDs and 10 INTs.

If he is a strong passer then you must think Orton is Hercules ROFL!

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
So Florida was better off without the Heisman winner. Ha! Newton 14-0, NC vs John Brantley 8-5 record. Un****ing believable.

Yes! Because Cam was not the one making that Auburn team look so good..

He was just a role player..

Why did Cam have such big stats...

Because teams DARE the weak link to beat them.. this was why cam was let to run wild and pass so much because opposing Ds were trying to stop Auburn's dominant run game which he was just a part of.

Tebow WAS Florida's entire run game..

Do you know that Auburn played Bama better the season before Cam got there than Florida did WITH Tebow the year before?

Do you know that the only tram Tebow lost twice to in his entire college career was Auburn.. because they had a power SEC game that was the opposite of Florida's finesse game..

Did you know that Cam had a service that placed him at Auburn because they were so perfect for a run first QB like Cam..

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
John Brantley 2060 yards passing 9 TDs and 10 INTs.

If he is a strong passer then you must think Orton is Hercules ROFL!

You DARE a teams weak link to beat you.. that was not Brantley..

Are you learning yet?

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 11:02 PM
The Falcons dared John Elway to beat them in the SB are you saying he was our weakest link?

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 11:06 PM
There are always exceptions..... I have made this clear before... I don't know the details on the Broncos that season well enough to comment.

Sometimes when the team has no weak links opposing defenses just play you straight up because it's simpler. cam was CLEARLY the weak link last year.. but the team was so loaded they could carry him.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2011, 11:10 PM
They usually give the Heisman to the weakest link on a college football team.

MacGruder
08-14-2011, 11:15 PM
They usually give the Heisman to the weakest link on a college football team.

Usually they do! Which is why Heismans usually bust! You are finally learning..

Why do you think Tebow won his first year starting and his stats continually got worse?

Because teams slowly realized HE was the one carrying them. They thought he was the one being carried and dared him to beat them and he torched them.

As the season progressed they would let Harvin run wild and shut Tebow down.. in games where Harvin had big stats the Gators lost.. he would not convert first downs...

Look at his play on the vikings and you see the same trend.. dare the weak link to beat you. If he doesn't punish you you let him keep trying and failing.

Crushaholic
08-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Is it REALLY a compliment to compare this guy to Drew Bledsoe? ROFL!

Archer81
08-15-2011, 12:11 AM
So then where are the great Florida runners then?

Why did Florida have to take on guys like Rainey and Demps who were cast offs from other programs? LOL

Where are all the NFL caliber runners coming from Florida? even Percy Harvin was a finesse runner that dropped in the draft.. even Emmitt Smith was undervalued coming out of Florida..

NFL caliber runners won't go to Florida BECAUSE they don't have a power NFL run game.

Yep..

And Orotn is a better deep passer than Peyton Manning

Because that's what the stats say..

LOL

You are clueless.. yes.. they are going to shut down Florida's run game and let the receivers run wild. Brilliant..

No wonder McD was fired and made the Offensive cooridinator of the number one draft pick..

And you get John Fox to coach the most unique QB in NFL history.. lol

Seriously.. you are negatively intelligent..

That college sports analyst doesn't know Florida is a power run team but you do... LOL

And that's why Florida ran Tebow so much instead of their stellar power runners that dominate the SEC and are drafted into the NFL year after year.. LOL

Can you name a "great" FLA receiver? Any Biletnekoff winners in that group? I'll save you time. There were none. In fact, the last time Florida had a WR come up for the award was 2001 with Jabar Gaffney.

Everything else you posted is just dumb. A bull**** screen of terror. You should freak out. You are a fraud. Why are you here?

The second bolded is proof why you are a ruhtard. I never said a word about "power running". You made the claim that Florida is a pass first finese offense. The statistics clearly prove you wrong. Everything you have stammered out of that cock socket you call a mouth since is a lame defense of a stupid statement.

But keep ****ing that chicken.

FADERPROOF
08-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Let me explain how a pro style offence works, on some plays the QB will throw to a certain spot on the field before the receiver makes his cut to that spot. When the receiver and QB are on the same page the play is almost impossible to cover. If the receiver makes the wrong cut it can make the QB look like he is throwing directly to the defender. A tell-tale sign is when the receiver goes to the sideline and is ripped by the coaches.

You're right! Mallett not recognizing a big Defensive End dropping back in coverage is obviously on the wide receiver!!!

Any other nominations for "most retarded post of the year?"

brncs_fan
08-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Oh... wikipedia.. The ultimate in accurate info.. LOL

But Cam's own dad quoted at the time he left.. LOL

Nope.. ignore that..

I love that, in the same thought process, all credibility is taken away from wikipedia while simultaneously giving all of it to Can Newton's dad.

Interesting...

Pony Boy
08-15-2011, 06:45 AM
You're right! Mallett not recognizing a big Defensive End dropping back in coverage is obviously on the wide receiver!!!

Any other nominations for "most retarded post of the year?"

I can tell when I hit a nerve and I can see it's hard for you to admit when you are wrong. I love those combacks when a guy says "your retarded" .... how old are you six?

theAPAOps5
08-15-2011, 07:33 AM
I am now convinced that MacDoucher is Lex.

bendog
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/sports/ncaafootball/10auburn.html?_r=1

baja
08-15-2011, 07:49 AM
"Agent Greengross", you can't make this shiit up

enjolras
08-15-2011, 08:46 AM
I am now convinced that MacDoucher is Lex.

I've been thinking the same thing:)

Peoples Champ
08-15-2011, 08:48 AM
i thought Tebow was our quarterback?

TheReverend
08-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I've been thinking the same thing:)

No way.

Say what you want about Lex (and there's a LOT to say)... he wasn't ANYTHING like this.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
No way.

Say what you want about Lex (and there's a LOT to say)... he wasn't ANYTHING like this.

Lex had some type of football knowledge, this guy doesn't have a clue. Cam Newton was the weak link for the Tigers? ROFL! John Brantley is the worst Florida QB I have seen in over 10 years. He can't run and he can't pass. Some how he is better then Cam Newton!!!

theAPAOps5
08-15-2011, 09:42 AM
No way.

He just a reference that Lex loved to say. That is what made me think about it.

vonqkilla
08-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Because why draft a stiff slow drug addict pocket passer when we already have a a boozing one.

@kingneckbeard classic

TheReverend
08-15-2011, 09:54 AM
He just a reference that Lex loved to say. That is what made me think about it.

...What one?

theAPAOps5
08-15-2011, 10:02 AM
...What one?

Are you learning yet. Lex used to always say things like that or similar.

TheReverend
08-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Are you learning yet. Lex used to always say things like that or similar.

One of his last posts was semi criticism over Tebow so gotta rule him out:

I think learning defenses and learning when to run and when not to has to be in there.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92827&highlight=learning

alkemical
08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
In certain tantric rituals the candidate is first beaten by his guru, hashish forced down him, and he is taken at midnight to a dark cemetery for sacred sexual intercourse. Thus he achieves union with his god.

yerner
08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Because why draft a stiff slow drug addict pocket passer when we already have a a boozing one.

@kingneckbeard classic

This guy is great.

theAPAOps5
08-15-2011, 10:40 AM

Case closed LOL

FADERPROOF
08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
I can tell when I hit a nerve and I can see it's hard for you to admit when you are wrong. I love those combacks when a guy says "your retarded" .... how old are you six?

First, you started with the **** talking with your condesending "let me tell you about football" talk, so don't say that it's an admission of wrong that I got defensive. Learn how to talk to people and then they'll talk the same back to you.

Second, I never called you retarded, I said your post was retarded, and I stand by that. Mallett cost them the game by throwing that INT, just like he did against Alabama. Blame the WR all you want but not seeing a 6"3' 260 pound lineman in coverage is a problem.

baja
08-15-2011, 02:01 PM

But, but, but you were positive I am MacGurder. You smugly shouted it from the roof tops remember.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
But, but, but you were positive I am MacGurder. You smugly shouted it from the roof tops remember.

So are you saying you are Lex then?

baja
08-15-2011, 02:12 PM
So are you saying you are Lex then?

I'm More then.

Abqbronco
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Everything you have stammered out of that cock socket you call a mouth since is a lame defense of a stupid statement.

Quote of the year

DBroncos4life
08-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm More then.

Carry on then.

broncosteven
08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Why didn't we draft Leinhart? He looks good tonight.

broncosteven
08-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I am glad we didn't draft that #14 guy from NY, he is teh suck