PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mane Podcast - Episode 1

Taco John
08-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Download Episode 1 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast (http://kiwi6.com/file/5cx94sk6nx)

This is going to be a regular thing that we're starting this season. I discuss the show format in the podcast, but basically it's designed to put a spotlight on the pulse of the die hard fan. Regular guests will be Kaylore, Montrose, and SoCalBronco - my show pillars. These are the guys who are going to help keep this thing going. Not everyone will be able to make it every single week, but that's where the rest of the community comes in.

I want to highlight the opinions of the community members that we have here in the show. This means, potentially anyone here who is interested could get a shot to be on. If you're interested in being in the pool of guests, send me an email at editor @ orangemane dot com, and I'll keep you in the rolodex of potential guests. Make sure you tell me your username. That's a must.

Without further adieu, here is the first episode:
Download Episode 1 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast (http://kiwi6.com/file/5cx94sk6nx)

Show Notes:

Elway era begins.
-Thoughts as we move into it.
-Xanders
-John Fox

Elway/Fox/Xanders first draft:
-Question: what does the Denver Broncos draft tell you about the direction and philosophy of the new age Broncos?

Off Season Moves - Cuts and additions:
-Signed, released, traded, acquired, notable injuries, returning from injury

First Broncos Depth Chart Released
-Review position by position

Quarterback Controversy
-Tebow vs. Kyle Orton

Preseason Game 1 - What are you looking for?

Shannon Sharpe in the HOF

Last words and shout-outs

Taco John
08-10-2011, 12:34 AM
I need work as a host, but man did the guests nail it. Kaylore and Montrose were excellent!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-10-2011, 12:35 AM
AWESOME, With a side of SALSA!!!

Houshyamama
08-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Wait, I thought Kaylore was a girl.

Mind. Blown.

ChrisToker
08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Hells to the yeah

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
OK. Do I need to kill a hobo to get on this show?

TDmvp
08-10-2011, 01:44 AM
:strong::strong::strong:

Well played T.J.

UberBroncoMan
08-10-2011, 02:06 AM
...always wondered why this didn't exist. Awesome to see :)!

KevinJames
08-10-2011, 02:20 AM
had trouble downloading it said it was unavailable .... but i finally got it

ill listen and edit with my thoughts, lookin forward to this.

TDmvp
08-10-2011, 02:48 AM
No No No take Brian Orakpo ... :spit:

Blueflame
08-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Great job, guys... you all had some very good insight.

dsmoot
08-10-2011, 03:58 AM
A great addition to Orangemane. One thing that sets any people interactive website are the posters. Two great individuals to start with. Thanks for stepping out with this.

KevinJames
08-10-2011, 04:32 AM
I need work as a host, but man did the guests nail it. Kaylore and Montrose were excellent!

WOW THIS PODCAST WAS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR, ALL OF YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB

Listen guys I really think it cannot be understated how great this podcast was, I really hope its the first of many no one had any hidden agendas, no one held any big grudges against certain players, the analysis was accurate for the most part and fair. Made great points with Knowshon and Ayers, two players who I feel are thrown under the bus too much by Bronco fans.

Very professional, good quality, Montrose and Kaylor are great and Taco John you did a pretty good hosting for your first episode, all 3 of you showed good chemistry on the microphone.

For being a new podcast it didn't seem like it at all, and being 2 hours I never felt like any parts were long or dragged out too much. You guys did an awesome job covering the core of the football team and not just focusing on the much talked about QB position for half the show.

Hats off to all of you I am looking forward to listening to this every time you guys post a new one.:thumbs:

Dukes
08-10-2011, 04:39 AM
When will Lex be on?

Rabb
08-10-2011, 04:59 AM
sweet

Kaylore
08-10-2011, 05:28 AM
When will Lex be on?

:rofl:

It was fun, but I had a cold and it was long. My wife went to bed giving me the evil eye. Next week we'll have SoCal on. :)

Mat'hir Uth Gan
08-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Pretty nice job overall.

Thoughts:

1. Content was very good.

2. Too many "uhms, errs, ahhs" from Taco John.

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.

Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.

Kaylore
08-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Pretty nice job overall.

Thoughts:

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.

Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.

That's some really good, helpful feedback.

FYI, my slower talking was probably 30% antihistamines. ;) Since you liked it, I'll try and be medicated every time.

Rabb
08-10-2011, 07:01 AM
You going to get this up somewhere that has RSS so it can go on itunes/Zune?

I do a podcast weekly for a site I co-own and we host on podbean.com

it's cheap and easy...just how I like it :approve:

Dagmar
08-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Excellent stuff lads.

bfoflcommish
08-10-2011, 07:38 AM
I cant wait for the potential award winning episode featuring Jhns and MacGruder.

montrose
08-10-2011, 07:51 AM
That's some really good, helpful feedback.

FYI, my slower talking was probably 30% antihistamines. ;) Since you liked it, I'll try and be medicated every time.

lol that'd be epic. I was thinking about the talking over thing - I'm so used to hearing myself in headphones (which I don't hear using skype) it's easy to do so. Should be much crisper next week.

To Mat'hir's point, I want to be careful about trying to "manufactuer debates" because it happens all too often in radio - and specifically to create entertainment value. I don't think Taco intends for this podcast to be something you listen to on the way home looking for a chuckle to some cheap joke but rather an in-depth analysis so while there will certainly be things we disagree upon - I don't want to force it. And when we do disagree, I don't see us getting into an argumentative/typical-radio style shouting match as that's not our personalities. What should make this show unique is that we're giving our honest opinions from a (somewhat) objective view.

Taco John
08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Pretty nice job overall.

Thoughts:

Great feedback. I need to work on a lot of things. Fixing my "um" problem is one I've wanted to correct for a long time. I'm definitely going to work hard on it. Also, being smoother with transitions... lol

Taco John
08-10-2011, 08:10 AM
lol that'd be epic. I was thinking about the talking over thing - I'm so used to hearing myself in headphones (which I don't hear using skype) it's easy to do so. Should be much crisper next week.

To Mat'hir's point, I want to be careful about trying to "manufactuer debates" because it happens all too often in radio - and specifically to create entertainment value. I don't think Taco intends for this podcast to be something you listen to on the way home looking for a chuckle to some cheap joke but rather an in-depth analysis so while there will certainly be things we disagree upon - I don't want to force it. And when we do disagree, I don't see us getting into an argumentative/typical-radio style shouting match as that's not our personalities. What should make this show unique is that we're giving our honest opinions from a (somewhat) objective view.

Exactly. There's any number of places you can listen to guys being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I want this show to be honest and really dig into the stuff and try and look at the biggest picture possible. We'll definitely have disagreements. This was just the first show with a new regime. Things are going to happen, and we'll end up looking at them differently.

tsiguy96
08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
please do me a favor. ask socal what he thinks about the DJ trade rumors.

oubronco
08-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Great job guys!! Rabb i'm interested to hear yours as well

Rabb
08-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I'll PM it to ya', I don't want to take away from this at all

Kaylore
08-10-2011, 08:19 AM
please do me a favor. ask socal what he thinks about the DJ trade rumors.

Socal: "........................."

Taco: ".......Mike, are you there?"

Me: ".... I hear coughing... I think that's what it is...."

SoCal: ".....Sorry, I'm bleeding out of my nose...hang on a sec..."

Montrose: ".....alrighty then..."

CEH
08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
How come the download is not available right now?

Taco John
08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
How come the download is not available right now?

Not having that problem. I just tried it and it downloaded fine. I'll keep an eye on it.

CEH
08-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Not having that problem. I just tried it and it downloaded fine. I'll keep an eye on it.

Working now. Was not earlier this morning

If anyone wants to give credit for the draft and FA is has to be given to Brian Xanders. Elway's is just trying to learn all the infrastrucure systems but Xanders ran the show over the last 6 months. Elway probably said stay true to the draft board

Ray Finkle
08-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Socal: "........................."

Taco: ".......Mike, are you there?"

Me: ".... I hear coughing... I think that's what it is...."

SoCal: ".....Sorry, I'm bleeding out of my nose...hang on a sec..."

Montrose: ".....alrighty then..."

You forgot the anti-Bowlen comment.

Rock Chalk
08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
:rofl:

It was fun, but I had a cold and it was long. My wife went to bed giving me the evil eye. Next week we'll have SoCal on. :)

Why? SoCal hasn't been a good poster for 3 years.

Get mediator on there.

Chris
08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I didn't hear a significant amount of "uhs...." Taco. I thought you came across like a pro and pushed the conversation extremely well. It floooooowed.

For some reason I did think you were older and more gravelly... but you have a voice like soothing spaghetti sauce.

Well done to all involved (I'm still only 26 mins in... you could really blow it if you all start singing at 26:30 unless it's Wham! in which case I would give you five stars).

EDIT: exclamation added.

Kaylore
08-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I didn't hear a significant amount of "uhs...." Taco. I thought you came across like a pro and pushed the conversation extremely well. It floooooowed.

For some reason I did think you were older and more gravelly... but you have a voice like soothing spaghetti sauce.

Well done to all involved (I'm still only 26 mins in... you could really blow it if you all start singing at 26:30 unless it's Wham in which case I would give you five stars).

I'm singing Wham! (exclamation must be included) next podcast.

TheReverend
08-10-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm singing Wham! (exclamation must be included) next podcast.

Then I'm listening.

Can I request Careless Whisper? If not, Wake me up before you Go-Go?

Rock Chalk
08-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Good god, if you are going to do requests from the 80s please do Shout by Tears for Fears.

CEH
08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I request ""Mexican Radio" from Wall of Voodoo

worm
08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Kaylore sounds like he is slightly fat with a hot Asian wife.

Rock Chalk
08-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Kaylore sounds like he is slightly fat with a hot Asian wife.

:spit:

broncosteven
08-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Guests were excellent, the only thing I would change is intro outro music...hint, hint...

broncosteven
08-10-2011, 10:54 AM
BTW why isn't this stickied?

broncocalijohn
08-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Good god, if you are going to do requests from the 80s please do Shout by Tears for Fears.

Only "Mad World" would fit for the Mane.

Guests were excellent, the only thing I would change is intro outro music...hint, hint...

Give it up! He isnt going to play your Deathsicle band!

Taco John
08-10-2011, 11:20 AM
BTW why isn't this stickied?

I'm going to create a forum for it soon. For now, I thought it would get more attention bobbing around in the stream here.

Kaylore
08-10-2011, 11:23 AM

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E8gmARGvPlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bronco Boy
08-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Awesome job guys.

jhat01
08-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Great job!

broncosteven
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM

So were you gay back in the 80's or just experimenting?

LOL

Jay3
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM
That was awesome! Thanks, guys.

Jay3
08-10-2011, 11:57 AM
You need to set up a feed for it so we can "subscribe" in the various podcast readers/services.

DarkHorse
08-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Wow - listening now. Great stuff guys, looking forward to listening weekly.

broncosteven
08-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Give it up! He isnt going to play your Deathsicle band!

The Mane's loss, DEATHSicle is working on a piece where each member plays the note G until DEATHSicles daw runs out of disk space.

Working title is "DEATH by G string"

GreatBronco16
08-10-2011, 03:33 PM
That was actually pretty cool. Taco had more umms and ahhhhs then anything else he said, sounded more nervous I guess you could say...imo.

Also, Taco sounds like a little kid talking to grown men on that podcast.:clown:

And I must agree with Alec, get someone other than SoCal on there. Med would be great.

But I did enjoy it, great job guys. :thumbs:

GreatBronco16
08-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I cant wait for the potential award winning episode featuring Jhns and MacGruder.

Hilarious!

Kaylore
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
The Mane's loss, DEATHSicle is working on a piece where each member plays the note G until DEATHSicles daw runs out of disk space.

Working title is "DEATH by G string"

LOL

tsiguy96
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
That was actually pretty cool. Taco had more umms and ahhhhs then anything else he said, sounded more nervous I guess you could say...imo.

Also, Taco sounds like a little kid talking to grown men on that podcast.:clown:

And I must agree with Alec, get someone other than SoCal on there. Med would be great.

But I did enjoy it, great job guys. :thumbs:

any discussion involving bowlen, dj or cutler would turn badly, fast.

TheReverend
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
SoCal is more knowledgeable than everyone bitching about him combined...

Rock Chalk
08-10-2011, 05:17 PM
SoCal is more knowledgeable than everyone b****ing about him combined...

I dont doubt his knowledge.

But as a poster he has become a shell of what he once was.

Taco John
08-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I dont doubt his knowledge.

But as a poster he has become a shell of what he once was.

Not really. He's the same guy, Bowlen has just added a razor sharp edge to him.

GreatBronco16
08-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Somebody was bitching about him? Burn them at the stake!!!!

Blueflame
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Somebody was b****ing about him? Burn them at the stake!!!!

Sounds like a witch hunt... someone must be projecting. Ha!

On a serious note, I'm very much looking forward to hearing what SoCal has to say.

broncosteven
08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a witch hunt... someone must be projecting. Ha!

On a serious note, I'm very much looking forward to hearing what SoCal has to say.

Me too.

BroncoBuff
08-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Wait, I thought Kaylore was a girl.

Mind. Blown.

He's in touch with his feminine side, dammit. There's a difference.

RhymesayersDU
08-10-2011, 09:00 PM

I totally agree, D.J. Williams is the best player every to strap on a helmet.

ZachKC
08-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Cool. I will send my salary requirements for a guest spot.

Bronco Yoda
08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Fantastic job!

Really well done.

Couldn't have asked for a better group.

I really enjoyed the show.

Thank you :)

broncosteven
08-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Cool. I will send my salary requirements for a guest spot.

Don't get your hopes up. In your segment you will be paired with KFCDud and Boob and you will "record" your segement into paper cups connected by string from Boob's room or as he likes to call it "lair" in his parents basement.

If you boys are good Mrs YourInformationMinister will make you boys toasted cheese sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

Boobs McGee
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
HO LY ****! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

Just clicked on it for a sec to check sound quality (gotta go to bed soon, but I'll listen to the whole thing tomorrow), and I just have to say. L. O. L. Ok, I don't know why but I always hear different voices as I read different posters takes, and I seriously laughed out loud when you started talking taco. I was totally picturing this gravelly low pitched old man voice, and then kaylore comes on and I'm picturing this higher pitched nerdy voice...my mind has been blown haha. And please, don't take this at ALL in a derogative way (everyone so far has very "favorable" sounding pitches...or, radio-esque voices that are easy to listen to), it's just hilarious that I was so incredibly off in terms of what you guys would sound like. HA!

Anywho, I can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to branch out into the podcast world...I already can't get enough of this site, and this (i'm assuming, haven't listened to it yet but from your guest list I'm sure it's going to be chalked FULL of very thoughtful and informative discussion) is an absolutely wonderful way for me to work with the headphones while getting nonstop bronco talk.

SO, Thanks in advance, I'll post some feedback tomorrow once I get to listen to the whole thing.

You guys ****ing rock!!!!!

And ps, I don't know how it's done, but you should totally try to get this going on some of the radio/podcast apps in both the Android/Iphone markets! Along with an orangemane app of course.

Punisher
08-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Now i can make love to you guys Voices like i do to mike and mike

Punisher
08-12-2011, 12:27 AM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://kiwi6.com/swf/player.swf" id="audioplayer" height="24" width="290" allowscriptaccess="always">
<param name="movie" value="http://kiwi6.com/swf/player.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=audioplayer&soundFile=http://k003.kiwi6.com/uploads/hotlink/5cx94sk6nx" />
<param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>
<div style="font:10px Arial,sans-serif;color:#aaa">Hosted by <a style="color:#999" href="http://kiwi6.com">kiwi6.com file hosting</a>.
<a style="color:#999" href="http://kiwi6.com/file/5cx94sk6nx">Download mp3</a> - <a href="http://kiwi6.com">Free File Hosting</a>.</div>

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-12-2011, 12:39 AM
What should Episode 2 be about?

El Guapo
08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Getting ready to catch a flight and I've got the podcast loaded and ready to go. Thanks for doing this; looking forward to it.

El Guapo
08-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Because I was on a cross country flight I had time to not only listen to the podcast but to jot down notes as the podcast went on. The following should be in order of subjects you all discussed and hopefully I can convey my thoughts correctly (I’m not really one to sit and type up long logical posts on the forum and you can probably deduce that based on my post count and when I became a member; in other words I’m a solid lurker). Off we go…

First, I appreciate the talk about the rookies and how they fit in on the new “athletic” mentality the new coaching staff has instilled in this organization. It’s interesting to progress from the thought process of “lets acquire talent based upon our needs” to “lets acquire the best potential talent that remains on the board.” I think this is a good route to take for the next couple of seasons as this team is in need of some serious help at all positions.

In regards to Slowshon; I thought it was interesting to hear the overall agreement between you all that he would be more appreciated here if he was drafted in a lower round. My thoughts have been that he was definitely overrated, and hasn’t really produced much in terms of success for the Broncos. Is this because I grew up, and was spoiled by; Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, etcetera? Or maybe they, in-fact, were all products of the offensive line which we do not have today. This position tends to be plagued in the same regards as the QB position and Elway; no one will ever be able to fill his shoes and will always be compared to him and forced to tuck tail and get out of town (for how dare they show up in a Broncos uniform and not produce as their great predecessors have done before them! )

It is also interesting to hear the perspective that Tebow is being forced to play like Orton, behind a team that is designed for a drop back, in the pocket, passer. Could we efficiently run two styles of offenses? Would this entail bringing back the “wild horse” or some variant there of; would Tebow then be forced into a niche that he could never climb out of in the NFL? In the same light it was also nice to hear you all bring Orton down to earth (in the eyes of the O-Mane community) regarding the “Orton is the starter and it’s not even close” thread. Look, I am not for-or-against either guy in particular as I want what is best for the team. However, I would like Tebow to take the reins and become our next star player of the Denver Broncos. It honestly hurts deep inside to hear you all speak about how (potentially) great Tebow will do for another team. We’ve got this great athlete with a great work ethic that is a great leader; let’s work with him! Let’s hire a great QB coach that can mentor him. Elway, get down on the field and teach this padawan. We all know he’d soak up anything taught to him and that he would devote lots of time to perfect his skills. Let’s design this team around him, but hey, who am I?

Other random comments:
-“Bobness” will have to become a part of my daily vocabulary
- I heard Taco (I believe) use the word “sexy” twice. I had a tally sheet and was expecting that to be a reoccurring word; it was not and that made me sad. Haha

Overall, my Broncos brain has increased in girth and I have you all to thank. I was born and raised in Texas and was inundated with Cowboys talk, now I live in the northeast and am bombarded by Redskins/Eagles crap and I can’t stand it. It’s nice to actually sit down and listen to straight up Broncos talk from individuals that do not have an ESPiN/Northeast bias. Due to my work schedule and a recent move across the states (followed by not so hot Broncos seasons) I have found myself drifting away from what I used to hold dear to my heart. I’m a huge Broncos fan and I hope to make it a priority as the season progresses and to get back into my team. Thank you guys for facilitating this and I look forward to future podcasts.

Finally, I’d like to present a quick question: I’ve been meaning to listen, and get into, other podcasts but have never found the time to do so. Because of that, this is my first podcast and I feel like I now have time to sit down and really get involved, so I’m just curious what does everyone do while listening to the podcast? Although I was on a flight with nothing else to do, I still felt distracted at times and that I missed out on little tidbits here and there. How about you?

Go Broncos!

AboveAverage
08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
This was really a tremendous podcast. Amazing that it was just the first installment. I'll be listening weekly.

Taco John
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Finally, Iíd like to present a quick question: Iíve been meaning to listen, and get into, other podcasts but have never found the time to do so. Because of that, this is my first podcast and I feel like I now have time to sit down and really get involved, so Iím just curious what does everyone do while listening to the podcast? Although I was on a flight with nothing else to do, I still felt distracted at times and that I missed out on little tidbits here and there. How about you?

Go Broncos!

I listen to podcasts when I work around the house, cook, mow the lawn, ride my bike, drive the kids to daycare, etc. Audiobooks are great for that too.

Sir_Robin
08-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I didn't hear a significant amount of "uhs...." Taco.
EDIT: exclamation added.

There were twelve in the first 30 seconds. They are not the most noticeable of "uhs" but they are there. I'm a little sensitive to "uhs" and "likes" that proliferate modern spoken language however. I suspect most of these would disappear if Taco were to consciously try and slow his speech down just a tad.

broncosteven
08-13-2011, 07:10 PM
...so Iím just curious what does everyone do while listening to the podcast? Although I was on a flight with nothing else to do, I still felt distracted at times and that I missed out on little tidbits here and there. How about you?

Go Broncos!

DEATHSicle practiced DEATHSicles guitar.

OBF1
08-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Voice modulation/levels were very good. The lack of echo and the ability to talk over each other sounded like the 3 of you were all in a small studio at the same time.

Over all very well done and good content. Kudos to Montrose, no doubt he has been around this sort of venue before, his experience if obvious.

I am on the fence about next weeks "Guest" Just way too much volatility towards ownership and management... hearing him -vs- reading him would either clear alot up or comfirm suspicions.

Again, good job guys.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 01:34 PM
"Suspicions".....lol....this board is hilarious. It's filled with homers, but entertaining nonetheless.

OBF1
08-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Mike,

Has zero to do with being a homer versus a poster going for the jugular of the team owner every single chance he gets. Lets be real, you have been all over Bowlen since the second Shanny was fired... and got worse with every failure of Josh McDaniels. Newflash, McDaniels is gone and Shanny is never coming back to the Broncos.

Now you have become the self proclaimed expert on Bowlen's financial shortfalls / spending... Or lack of it. Like I said, listening to a person talk is the opposite of ones self interpretation reading someone writings.

Kaylore
08-14-2011, 09:44 PM
SoCal has obviously some personal feelings toward management, and they are mostly toward him getting rid of his favorite coach and players. However he can remain objective, still has solid takes (when he's not ranting against Bowlen) and still roots for the Broncos to win. I ask you all to give him a shot. I think he hasn't realized that most of his posts have been hating on organization, but I can assure you he still sees the football stuff too.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
SoCal has obviously some personal feelings toward management, and they are mostly toward him getting rid of his favorite coach and players. However he can remain objective, still has solid takes (when he's not ranting against Bowlen) and still roots for the Broncos to win. I ask you all to give him a shot. I think he hasn't realized that most of his posts have been hating on organization, but I can assure you he still sees the football stuff too.

Actually my most solid takes relate to Bowlen and yes I fully realize that I've been hating on ownership/management alot (I dont like the word "organization" because that implies the Broncos and Bowlen and the FO do not comprise the "Broncos") but that's because I think they absolutely and thoroughly deserve it. When the old man decides to stop acting like a supreme douche, I'll be more than happy to give him a break.

Kaylore
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
When the old man decides to stop acting like a supreme douche, I'll be more than happy to give him a break.
What would constitute "stop acting like a supreme douche" exactly? Your comment suggests he is currently still doing this and there is some behavior he could stop right now that would reverse this trend.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 10:03 PM
What would constitute "stop acting like a supreme douche" exactly? Your comment suggests he is currently still doing this and there is some behavior he could stop right now that would reverse this trend.

Khan...a few weeks ago you finally agreed that he's basically a miser now, right? That's one place to start. Making sure people like Joe Ellis are no longer employed is another place. Bringing in a real, proven GM is another place. There are many areas where the level of douchery could be reduced to less than toxic levels.

:)

ZachKC
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
The OM organization is currently in negotiations with my agent for a 3 episode stint on this podcast. I can't at this time speak publicly about any of the details of this negotiation but we will keep everyone updated as information becomes available.

Taco John
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Tell your agent that a "summer's worth" of Summers Eve is out of the question.

ZachKC
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
http://assets.lifehack.org/wp-content/files/2007/07/jerrymaguiremoney.jpg

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Taco's lowballing Zach...lol.

Blueflame
08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Tell your agent that a "summer's worth" of Summers Eve is out of the question.

Oh snap! LOL

ZachKC
08-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Just as many expected, labor negotiations between the Orange Mane and the ZachKC are heading down to the wire - and possibly beyond.

In the first real indication of what's been going, the federal mediator overseeing talks said Thursday the two sides made "some progress" during more than 40 hours spread over seven consecutive days of face-to-face meetings, but "very strong differences remain."

The OM and Zach will resume mediation Tuesday, less than 72 hours before the old collective bargaining agreement is set to expire. If there's no new deal in place by the end of next Thursday, Zach thinks the Orange Mane will move to lock out podcasters, threatening the 2011 podcast season. The Orange Mane has said the deadline could be extended.

George Cohen, director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, released a statement shortly before noon Thursday, his first public comments since he began working with Owner Taco John, ZachKC and their negotiating teams last week.

"At bottom, some progress was made," he said, "but very strong differences remain ..."

Cohen did not name those issues, but the biggest sticking point has been how to divide about $9 billion in annual revenues. Among the other significant topics: a rookie podcaster wage scale; Taco John's push to expand podcast season to 18 episodes; and retired podcaster benefits.

broncosteven
08-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Just as many expected, labor negotiations between the Orange Mane and the ZachKC are heading down to the wire - and possibly beyond.

In the first real indication of what's been going, the federal mediator overseeing talks said Thursday the two sides made "some progress" during more than 40 hours spread over seven consecutive days of face-to-face meetings, but "very strong differences remain."

The OM and Zach will resume mediation Tuesday, less than 72 hours before the old collective bargaining agreement is set to expire. If there's no new deal in place by the end of next Thursday, Zach thinks the Orange Mane will move to lock out podcasters, threatening the 2011 podcast season. The Orange Mane has said the deadline could be extended.

George Cohen, director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, released a statement shortly before noon Thursday, his first public comments since he began working with Owner Taco John, ZachKC and their negotiating teams last week.

"At bottom, some progress was made," he said, "but very strong differences remain ..."

Cohen did not name those issues, but the biggest sticking point has been how to divide about $9 billion in annual revenues. Among the other significant topics: a rookie podcaster wage scale; Taco John's push to expand podcast season to 18 episodes; and retired podcaster benefits.

You could always hire Carl Peterson to write the OM a letter proposing that they extend the current 3 man format into a 4 man format in order for a KFC fan to make it into the playoffs, by playoffs I mean podcast.

Mogulseeker
08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Nice link... but... is there any way we can get this up on itunes?