PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post: Kyle Orton vastly outperforming Tim Tebow in camp

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Eldorado
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Dude's a mouth breather. I can practically hear the spittle hitting the monitor as he posts.

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't even think you know what you're trying to argue any more

You're projecting... ;)

I know exactly what I am arguing..

Why is it peple say every college Qb is overrated but that never comes up in the pros?

Have you seen what happens to Brady when he isn't protected like a glass statue?

He falls apart faster than a Chinese motorcycle.

Brady is actually a very interesting case. Very relevant to Tebow. He is a 6th round pick who wouldn't survive without Belli. Belli built a system that complemented Brady so well it turned that 6th round pick into a "all time great"

Tebow is actually going through the opposite.. he is a guy who should be dominating in the NFL but because the standard NFL system doesn't complement him the NFL has no idea what to do with him.

This is why Belli and McD would draft Tebow and no one else would. They realize that you need to craft your system to your Qb's abilities and understand how to do it.

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Dude's a mouth breather. I can practically hear the spittle hitting the monitor as he posts.

All truth goes through three phases.

extralife
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
You are making some broken attempt to argue that winning is the only stat that matters for a QB (because Tebow won in college), while also arguing that winning doesn't matter because you only win if everything around you works out.

So which is it?

Also I think you tried to argue against the combination of Brady and Manning by saying Manning is better than Brady, which is about six leaps away from whatever it is your point is supposed to be

broncocalijohn
08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Extralife, I found out that you cannot argue with the super retarded. He has a monopoly on it so just walk away and let him think his bat crazy mind is right on target. I don't want to see Tebow off of the Broncos but one good thing is that Mac would follow him to whatever team he lands on. Ignore it and don't let him take away vital brain cells.

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
You are making some broken attempt to argue that winning is the only stat that matters for a QB (because Tebow won in college), while also arguing that winning doesn't matter because you only win if everything around you works out.

So which is it?

Also I think you tried to argue against the combination of Brady and Manning by saying Manning is better than Brady, which is about six leaps away from whatever it is your point is supposed to be

No.. you are wrong. I have said repeatedly many collge Qbs are overrated. I have said Cam was overrated.

Brady is clearly on dominant defensive teams. He wasn't even considered on Peyton's level until he got Moss and then he couldn't even win the Superbowl and got beat by Eli Fricken manning. And he got beaten savagely in that game and could not handle the pressure and punishment.

Also.. most importantly.. a point I have made many times but forgot to mention. Cassel stepped in right away and played very well in Brady's place with no experience.. this is similar to Tebow coming in and outplaying Orton but Cassel is no Tebow. This was likely WHY McD even got a coaching job... because people realized the implications. Apparently ya'll need em spelled out.. :P

So take Brady out of the running.. Peyton only has one championship. BigBen is a joke.. and really probably only gets by because of his athleticism. But he's not even that athletic.. just in comparison to other Qbs.

Eldorado
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
No.. you are wrong. I have said repeatedly many collge Qbs are overrated. I have said Cam was overrated.

Brady is clearly on dominant defensive teams. He wasn't even considered on Peyton's level until he got Moss and then he couldn't even win the Superbowl and got beat by Eli Fricken manning. And he got beaten savagely in that game and could not handle the pressure and punishment.

Also.. most importantly.. a point I have made many times but forgot to mention. Cassel stepped in right away and played very well in Brady's place with no experience.. this is similar to Tebow coming in and outplaying Orton but Cassel is no Tebow. This was likely WHY McD even got a coaching job... because people realized the implications. Apparently ya'll need em spelled out.. :P

So take Brady out of the running.. Peyton only has one championship. BigBen is a joke.. and really probably only gets by because of his athleticism. But he's not even that athletic.. just in comparison to other Qbs.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50235_2367596102_8530_n.jpg

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50235_2367596102_8530_n.jpg

Yes.. posting pictures is smart.

A monkey couldn't do that or anything...

A monkey could probably do it better actually...

extralife
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Also.. most importantly.. a point I have made many times but forgot to mention. Cassel stepped in right away and played very well in Brady's place with no experience.

I don't know what the hell you're trying to talk about, but lets take a look at this specific point, isolated, just because of how stupid it is. People tried to do this for a while until Tom Brady started dominating again. So lets look at the numbers.

Brady, 2007: 16-0, Super Bowl appearance, 4806 yards, 68.9% completion, 50 TD, 8 int, 117 passer rating.

Cassell, 2008:11-5, missed the playoffs, 3693 yards, 63.4% completion, 21 TD, 11 int, 89.4 passer rating.

Please show me where the drop off was not enormous. Yes, the numbers were still pretty decent; yes, the team still won 11 games. Not bad. And yet the drop off was still statistically incredible because Brady just happens to be that good

bendog
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I keep telling you that Tim doesn't need a playbook or an offensive scheme because HE IS THE OFFENSIVE SCHEME. He's unique, a freak of nature. He is stronger than linebackers. He can throw strikes with linemen hitting him in the back. He's easily capable of 30 carries a game.

Drek
08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
If Bellchick wasn't Brady's coach would he do the same? What if Brady was on the Colts and Peyton was on the Pats? Then what happens?

Probably Peyton winning three rings to date and Brady winning one.

They're both ungodly good QBs man. BB is a defensive minded coach, he didn't suddenly make Tom Brady into Tom Brady.

About the only worthwhile post in response to almost everything you say is this:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo2x6rx2W81qewacoo1_400.jpg

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know what the hell you're trying to talk about, but lets take a look at this specific point, isolated, just because of how stupid it is. People tried to do this for a while until Tom Brady started dominating again. So lets look at the numbers.

Brady, 2007: 16-0, Super Bowl appearance, 4806 yards, 68.9% completion, 50 TD, 8 int, 117 passer rating.

Cassell, 2008:11-5, missed the playoffs, 3693 yards, 63.4% completion, 21 TD, 11 int, 89.4 passer rating.

Please show me where the drop off was not enormous. Yes, the numbers were still pretty decent; yes, the team still won 11 games. Not bad. And yet the drop off was still statistically incredible because Brady just happens to be that good

It was his first season with LITTLE prep.. where are his rushing stats? He rushed more than Vince Young that year I believe.

And I am not saying Cassel is on Brady's level.. the point is they were BOTH massively overrated in that system. Cassel wouldn't even be considered that good without it. Just like I have been saying with Sam Bradford.. and the system is not successful in the playoffs without Belli's brilliant D.

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Probably Peyton winning three rings to date and Brady winning one.

They're both ungodly good QBs man. BB is a defensive minded coach, he didn't suddenly make Tom Brady into Tom Brady.

About the only worthwhile post in response to almost everything you say is this:
]

You're wrong IMO.. Peyton would have 5 championships probably.. if not more.. and Brady would probably be riding the pine or out of the league...

The only reason Brady can survive is because the protection Belli provides him and the system he built around him. The same system that overrated Orton so much.

bowtown
08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
You're wrong IMO.. Peyton would have 5 championships probably.. if not more.. and Brady would probably be riding the pine or out of the league...
The only reason Brady can survive is because the protection Belli provides him and the system he built around him. The same system that overrated Orton so much.

Genius.

MacGruder
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Genius.

Right.. because it's only college QBs that get overrated...

and BigBen is better than Peyton..

Genius..

Circle Orange
08-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, if the difference between Orton's performance and Tebow's is as great as is being reported both in the media and people at camp, it's less "news" than "observation of the obvious." Elway's hands down the best ever to be able to take a play that isn't going anywhere because it was called against the wrong defense, but even he was only making a few of those plays a game.

Not good news according to Merril Hodge on espn, he claims Tebow is actually worse throwing when running around, and is completely inaccurate. Definitely ripping the guy. Says that in the drills, everyone can see he's not a #1. I can see the sports talking heads having a field day with this. Tirico chimed in saying when Tebow was selected "they" were scratching their heads but "everyone" in denver went nuts.

RaiderH8r
08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Not good news according to Merril Hodge on espn, he claims Tebow is actually worse throwing when running around, and is completely inaccurate. Definitely ripping the guy. Says that in the drills, everyone can see he's not a #1. I can see the sports talking heads having a field day with this. Tirico chimed in saying when Tebow was selected "they" were scratching their heads but "everyone" in denver went nuts.

Hoge's head is full of mashed taters at this point. Dude's as cogent as a fritatta.

Broncoman13
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM

What has Hoge ever been right about?

Agamemnon
08-03-2011, 11:44 PM

These assclowns are eating this up. They were sweating after those first three starts. Now they are back to hating on Tebow with impunity. Do you really want to be in that group EFX? Do you really think like these idiots? God I hope not.

Eldorado
08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Right.. because it's only college QBs that get overrated...

and BigBen is better than Peyton..

Genius..

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads//2011/05/Strawman-motivational.jpg

MacGruder
08-04-2011, 10:08 AM
What is your argument then?

bendog
08-04-2011, 10:36 AM
These assclowns are eating this up. They were sweating after those first three starts. Now they are back to hating on Tebow with impunity. Do you really want to be in that group EFX? Do you really think like these idiots? God I hope not.

what poster here hate tebow, in your op?

Hoge is just a dick though. The best thing about him is that he's a big a dick as Lombardi but not as visually ugly ... well, he wears pip suits, so maybe not even that

OABB
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Hoge is just a dick though. The best thing about him is that he's a big a dick as Lombardi but not as visually ugly ... well, he wears pip suits, so maybe not even that

tailgate nut. yerner. peacepipe. bombay. these are just off the top of my head.

zdoor
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM

I can see some reasonable arguments for wanting Orton to start over Tebow although I don't agree. But, the guy gets more than his share of bashing. I can't really figure it out. Some of the over the top fans of Tebow are pretty annoying but it's not like some of the Orton nut swinging isn't equally nauseating.

Agamemnon
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM

Tailgatenut comes to mind. I don't think there are that many posters who genuinely hate Tebow. There are some who don't think he'll cut it, but not many who seem like they truly hate the guy.

On the flipside, I openly admit I hate Orton as a player (not really as a person, though he does seem like a bit of jerk in the way he's treated Tebow). But then again he earned that hate over two seasons of actual play. Tebow has only played three games so I'm not sure how anyone could hate him simply as a player. It certainly seems personal to me.

BroncosMT
08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
all of this negativity affects my tebowner!!! lol

That One Guy
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
All truth goes through three phases.

You don't say. Tell me more!

TailgateNut
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
tailgate nut. yerner. peacepipe. bombay. these are just off the top of my head.

how can i hate someeone who is challenged in the gray matter dept.?

I may hate the arrogance of his mother pushing her agenda, and I may hate that the Broncos decided to draft this ****ing overrated wannabe QB, and I may hatee the ignorant Tebonites which are as annoying as Cutlerites (actually, they are worse). But I don't hate timmy.

MacGruder
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
You don't say. Tell me more!

If people didn't mock for stating an opinion I wouldn't need to repeat that ad infinitum.

RaiderH8r
08-04-2011, 12:31 PM

I may hate the arrogance of his mother pushing her agenda, and I may hate that the Broncos decided to draft this ****ing overrated wannabe QB, and I may hatee the ignorant Tebonites which are as annoying as Cutlerites (actually, they are worse). But I don't hate timmy.

You have a hateboner for Tebow's mom. The hell did she do?

TailgateNut
08-04-2011, 12:48 PM

she and that hypocritical church from co. Springs pushing their anti-abortion agenda on the back of the wunderkind during the superbowl. May they both rot in heaven.

Agamemnon
08-04-2011, 12:50 PM

You didn't just respond to that bat-**** crazy post did you... Hilarious!

OABB
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM

heres a tip. if you are trying to disprove being a biased dbag hater, dont blindly insult the guy you supposedly dont hate.

TheReverend
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM

She didn't abort her baby? :wave:

OABB
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM
she and that hypocritical church from co. Springs pushing their anti-abortion agenda on the back of the wunderkind during the superbowl. May they both rot in heaven.

whaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sniff, sniff.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

RaiderH8r
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM

That stupid ad has your panties in a bunch? Chrissakes you're sensitive. An old lady saying she chose not to have an abortion and it turned out alright threatens you? Is that the whole genesis for your take on the QB situation? "Oh noes, Timmy Tebow spends his spring break building churches and digging wells in third world ****holes instead of stabbing people at night clubs. My worldview is doomed!!!"

I needed that laugh today.

broncs2bowl
08-04-2011, 01:08 PM
"OK im an absolutely huge Dolphin fan. At first I wasn't pysched about Orton becuase its not a HUGE name. However, after watching film and remembering the Broncos Orton i remember that he has an amazing arm and can get the extra 5 yard on his feet. If the sacks coming he can avoid it unlike Henne who falls into it Orton and Marshall can have an amazing year also considering Bess is becoming a great number 2 or slot guy. Our defense is 6th overall and with Orton our ofense will be great. bye Henne"

^That was quoted by a Dolphins fan on youtube and i couldnt help but laugh about what he thinks Orton can do hahahahh

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 09:41 AM
That's possible...then again it's possible too that Orton beats Tebow out, and he plays well, Fox fixes our defense and OL and we win enough games to make playoffs.

You sound like you're of the mind set that the coaching staff has it in for certain players and will play inferior ones over them for spite?

Hilarious!

Context context. That was your response to this:

You know what will happen?

Orton will look good in practice. Tebow will look good in games. Some people will say well Orton looks great in practice, he is a 7 year vet, Tebow only have 3 starts, yada yada yada.

Tebow will win the job. Ortonites will despair and we have the next great OM debate for the next 8 months.

:Broncos:

Even back then you were a known Ortonite. And your epic fail made sirhcyennek look like a fricking prophet. Now you lecture others on NFL-caliber QB play. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
07-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Kick returner bumps rule

nyuk nyuk
07-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Broncos Stadium Store is selling authentic Orton jerseys for $126. Get 'em while they're hot!

errand
07-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Hilarious!

Context context. That was your response to this:

Even back then you were a known Ortonite. And your epic fail made sirhcyennek look like a fricking prophet. Now you lecture others on NFL-caliber QB play. Hilarious!

I supported the guy the coaching staff said won the QB competition....I had no problem when the Broncos benched him, or when they released him. you however have spent countless hours on here spewing derogatory **** about Manning, Elway, Fox and anyone else that saw the Tebow couldn't throw the ball....Oh, and last i heard, Orton isn't being asked to protect the cowboys punter, or fetch the gatorade container, or clean the restrooms....

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Well last i heard, Orton isn't being asked to protect the cowboys punter, or fetch the gatorade container, or clean the restrooms....

I doubt alot of you fans understand the enormous amount of pressure on Orton. Think about it...he's already hated because of Cutler getting traded (like it was his fault)...and every pass he throws is scrutinized by every monday morning QB in the land, not to mention he's learning a new offensive system, throwing to WR's who are also still learning it too.

The point is...give him a chance. I'd rather he make mistakes in practice and pre-season games than during the regular season. If he doesn't show improvement by the end of the pre-season, then perhaps we should be wary.

Hilarious!

Good to see you were Sportin' that Orton from beginning to end.

Hilarious!

errand
07-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Hilarious!

Good to see you were Sportin' that Orton from beginning to end.

Hilarious!

Again...Orton isn't being asked to change positions like Timmy is. Care to speculate on why that is?

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Again...Orton isn't being asked to change positions like Timmy is. Care to speculate on why that is?

Because fetaling specialists don't make much sense in KR formations?

errand
07-29-2012, 10:28 AM

Agreed....just like non-throwing ****s don't belong in the pocket.

Bottom line is this...one is still good enough to be called a QB by his new team, while the other is called punt protector...oh, and one thing you'll never be able to handle...Orton is undefeated against your boy.

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 10:58 AM

Bottom line is this...one is still good enough to be called a QB by his new team, while the other is called punt protector...oh, and one thing you'll never be able to handle...Orton is undefeated against your boy.

Give me 7-4 as opposed to 3-10 or 1-4 and you can call my guy anything you want.

I'll stick with "Winner"

razorwire77
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Training camp is here and the thread at the top of page is a Tebowz vs. Pocket Sloth thread from 2011.

Yay.

maven
07-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Training camp is here and the thread at the top of page is a Tebowz vs. Pocket Sloth thread from 2011.

Yay.

You've got to be pretty effin stupid to waste time defending two ****ing ****ty QB's.

Carry on

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Heyneck
07-29-2012, 11:45 AM

Ohhhh please STFU so this threads don't keep coming up! You are a clueless bitter individual!!! Ohh an just so you know... Orton is also undefeated against Aaron Rodgers... what that does mean? ****ing loser you are!

DENVERDUI55
07-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Ohhhh please STFU so this threads don't keep coming up! You are a clueless bitter individual!!! Ohh an just so you know... Orton is also undefeated against Aaron Rodgers... what that does mean? ****ing loser you are!

Wasn't Orton QB against Rodgers 6 tds last year? Not that it matters just saying.

nyuk nyuk
07-29-2012, 12:01 PM

I gave up looking for the famous "phantom sack" video, unfortunately someone took it off YouTube!

nyuk nyuk
07-29-2012, 12:02 PM
all of this negativity affects my tebowner!!! lol

Pics or you're lying.

nyuk nyuk
07-29-2012, 12:04 PM

So you hate folks for saying something you don't like. This seems to be your hobby.

errand
07-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Give me 7-4 as opposed to 3-10 or 1-4 and you can call my guy anything you want.

I'll stick with "Winner"

Orton is 1-0 matched up head to head vs. Tebow....that's what 6-22 with a pick and a fumble gets you. and you still argue that Tebow>>>>Manning. I'm not saying you're stupid...but man, wouldn't you have to be?

errand
07-29-2012, 01:34 PM

no he's not moron....and you call others loser. LOL

Bacchus
07-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Orton is 1-0 matched up head to head vs. Tebow....that's what 6-22 with a pick and a fumble gets you. and you still argue that Tebow>>>>Manning. I'm not saying you're stupid...but man, wouldn't you have to be?

HAHAHA.. well the game was 7-3. Both QBs sucked. Tebow just sucked a tad more.

R-Mac
07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
What Tebow produced against the Chiefs in week 17 was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. Tebow choked at an epic level and killed the idea that he is a clutch player. Orton had to learn the Chiefs' offensive system in a hurry and he barely had any kind of rapport with his teammates. I can understand Orton's limitations during that game. But Tebow... He choked.

errand
07-29-2012, 07:43 PM
HAHAHA.. well the game was 7-3. Both QBs sucked. Tebow just sucked a tad more.

Exactly...I mean how bad do you have to suck to lose to a guy that sucks

Beavis is just pissed that his Tebow>>>>Manning **** isn't flying, so he has to come up with some takes where I supported Orton, so he drags out posts from '09-'10 and first few weeks of '11 trying to make it seem as if I claimed Orton is all-world or even in the same neighborhood as Manning when it comes to QBing....like he claims Tebow could be.

He's still butt hurt over Tebow being shipped out of town.....

Heyneck
07-29-2012, 08:32 PM
What Tebow produced against the Chiefs in week 17 was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. Tebow choked at an epic level and killed the idea that he is a clutch player. Orton had to learn the Chiefs' offensive system in a hurry and he barely had any kind of rapport with his teammates. I can understand Orton's limitations during that game. But Tebow... He choked.

Sorry but you lose all credibility by saying Tebow isn't clutch! He maybe a bad QB... but if one thing he has patted down is being clutch. Plus... that was an awful game. If Von doesn't blow his assignment on their TD that game ends 3-0 Win to us! People keep bashing on a QB that never was instructed in a Pro Style offense... yet he managed to get us a playoff win. Something that neither Cutler or Orton where able to achieve here. So yeah people... move on. Tebow is no longer here... no reason to keep beating a dead horse. But give credit where credit is do.

Ohh... on a personal note... I have seen Griese, Cutler, Plummer, Orton and a bunch of other team's QBs have worst days. So put a sock in it. The whole team chocked down the stretch.

Missouribronc
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM
It shocks me at how much people defend Tebow, especially after seeing what the Jets are doing with his talents.

Great guy, great football player. But he's NOT a quarterback. The Jets know it, even if they are skirting around it.

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 08:37 PM
at the end of the day the Broncos won a playoff game with TT and had some spectacular regular season wins on the way to the post season (the Miami game alone puts TT into a category of awesomeness that only a few Denver QBs deserve to be in). That being said, I'm delighted with Manning. Delighted, yah, I said it.

Missouribronc
07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
at the end of the day the Broncos won a playoff game with TT and had some spectacular regular season wins on the way to the post season (the Miami game alone puts TT into a category of awesomeness that only a few Denver QBs deserve to be in). That being said, I'm delighted with Manning. Delighted, yah, I said it.

He was TERRIBLE against Miami.

The Broncos had a good day.

Making the distinction is, apparently, really hard.

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 08:40 PM
He was TERRIBLE against Miami.

The Broncos had a good day.

Making the distinction is, apparently, really hard.

I'm talking about the history of the Broncos losing in Miami, it's long and extensive and Tebow broke that rather pathetic history. Sorry, but I dig that.

Missouribronc
07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm talking about the history of the Broncos losing in Miami, it's long and extensive and Tebow broke that rather pathetic history. Sorry, but I dig that.

Oh.

So, you're not talking about his performance. I can see the disconnect, then.

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Exactly...I mean how bad do you have to suck to lose to a guy that sucks

Beavis is just pissed that his Tebow>>>>Manning **** isn't flying, so he has to come up with some takes where I supported Orton, so he drags out posts from '09-'10 and first few weeks of '11 trying to make it seem as if I claimed Orton is all-world or even in the same neighborhood as Manning when it comes to QBing....like he claims Tebow could be.

He's still butt hurt over Tebow being shipped out of town.....

As far as being critical of players...that's your perogative as a fan. I just don't understand you b****ing about a guy who hasn't taken one snap ina regular season game for us, or coach who hasn't coached one regular season game for us.

When it comes to players I look at results...throwing for alot of touchdowns is great....but I'd rather he throw fewer TD's and win more games. Winning games is the biggest measuring stick in my opinion, because it leads to the ultimate reward which is the Lombardi Trophy

LOL Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh.

So, you're not talking about his performance. I can see the disconnect, then.

Regardless, TT was the QB and the Broncos won. I'm not going to take that away from him. I'm as happy as anyone that Manning is now the Broncos QB and I'm not upset that TT was traded because of the circus fans that follow TT around. That being said, I sure enjoyed the ride.

errand
07-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Who do you want as Broncos QB in 2012

errand said Manning

BroncoBeavis said Tebow.....

They never asked who we thought would be the Jet's punt protector in 2012

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Don't get cranky because you're making invalid arguments.

But, sure, let's go down this road.

In those 53 games, Jay Cutler has also scored 85 times, while in his 49, Orton has scored 54.

This makes a TD:Turnover ratio of:

Cutler 85:72
Orton 54:51

Orton's barely keeping his neck above the water mark and doing worse than "Mr Turnover" while playing ball control football and not making downfield throws. It takes a special kind of bad....

and while Orton is barely keeping his head above water in that dept....he's walking on water compared to Cutler where it matters most...WINNING %. How many of those 85 TD's were in a big game?

Orton>>>Cutler??

ROFL!:rofl:Hilarious!

Win % is what matters most?

Hilarious! ROFL!

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Surely you jest....so pray tell how can you clowns claim Jay is better if Orton won just as many games as he did?

Baaaaahahahahaha

baja
07-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Regardless, TT was the QB and the Broncos won. I'm not going to take that away from him. I'm as happy as anyone that Manning is now the Broncos QB and I'm not upset that TT was traded because of the circus fans that follow TT around. That being said, I sure enjoyed the ride.

That's what I don't get. Wy do people need to run down Tebow.

Hell he gave us the most fun to watch season since 98. That's what I remember about Tim Tebow.

DENVERDUI55
07-29-2012, 09:07 PM

Hell he gave us the most fun to watch season since 98. That's what I remember about Tim Tebow.

I personally enjoyed the 2005 season more but that is only my opinion.

Jetmeck
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
It shocks me at how much people defend Tebow, especially after seeing what the Jets are doing with his talents.

Great guy, great football player. But he's NOT a quarterback. The Jets know it, even if they are skirting around it.

The jury is still out on the guy some say cannot throw even though he beat the best defense in the leaque last year with his arm..............you don't know, nobody knows how much better he can get.

You and the other dumb asses saying otherwise is showing your stupidity................

Pendejo
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I personally enjoyed the 2005 season more but that is only my opinion.

I was going to post the same thing.

The 2005 season was incredibly fun. You had Champ Bailey turning the season around with an interception return for a touch down...Ron Dayne running all over Dallas on Thanksgiving day...etc.

Heyneck
07-29-2012, 09:15 PM

This right here!!! I can't believe people can't see it this way? Tebow is in a bunch of our record books like it or not. It wasn't pretty... but it sure as hell was exciting... and above all a success for a QB that was never in a Pro Style offense (until he got here), starting his first full season (2nd year QB) and with a bunch a young lings (rookies... 2nd year players) as his supporting cast. Think about that for a second.

Thinking he won't get better given the chance is insane. But anyways... let bygones be bygones. I am excited about having Peyton under center... it just pisses me off that we get he at the dawn of his career. (Plus... the dude murdered us for years).

I will always root for Tim. Wherever that may be. But I am a firm believer in that he will turn out to be a great and dominant QB if given the chance. Godspeed Tim... but above all... GO BRONCOS!!!

canadianbroncosfan
07-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Everyone who is arguing Tebow v. Orton I have a secret for you. You can't tell anyone though, k? I heard a rumor on the light rail that we're going to sign Peyton Manning. That's right, Peyton freaking Manning a Bronco!!!!! I hear the only thing holding it up is that Bowlen is having to liquidate everything he owns because he's too broke to afford him.

errand
07-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Orton>>>Cutler??

ROFL!:rofl:Hilarious!

Win % is what matters most?

Hilarious! ROFL!

Yeah, that was funny....maybe even stupid, but not as stupid as you wanting Tebow over Peyton Manning....

Debating which mediocre QB is better isn't as bad as you debating that a God awful QB, who is now being moved to punt protector is the better option over a sure fire 1st time ballot HoF QB named Peyton Manning...but keep ****ing that chicken

LOL LOL LOL

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah, that was funny....maybe even stupid, but not as stupid as you wanting Tebow over Peyton Manning....

Debating which mediocre QB is better isn't as bad as you debating that a God awful QB, who is now being moved to punt protector is the better option over a sure fire 1st time ballot HoF QB named Peyton Manning...but keep ****ing that chicken

LOL LOL LOL

Yeah, age has nothin to do with it. Why doesn't Elway slap on those pads? All Time Great baby!

Just say it for me one more time... "All Orton does is Win!"

LOL

SonOfLe-loLang
07-29-2012, 10:23 PM

I loved watching Tim and, I agree, last season may have been the most memorable and fun (gutwrenching, at least) since 98. But over the course of the season, I came to realize a few things about Tim Tebow: 1) he never really improved (sorry, he didn't) 2) despite all the hullabaloo over his work ethic, I'm not sure becoming a better quarterback is his number one priority. 3) no matter how much development you give him, he's probably not going to ever be a great passing quarterback. Or anything close.

Tim Tebow is not a bad football player. I still think he can be a hell of a sparkplug for the Jets, and I'll stand by my comments that he's the best goal line threat in the league. Bar none. But I did come to realize that his passing skills were so behind the curve that simply "letting him develop" (a mane fav quote)wasn't some magic cure-all. After all, you could put me behind center, have me pass crappy, and I'll never be a good QB no matter how much you develop me (though i'm not half bad in flag football leagues).

Had the Broncos gone out and signed Matt Flynn to be our QB, I may not have been all that thrilled with the decision. But Peyton Manning is not Matt Flynn. Peyton Manning is easily one of the top five greatest QB's to ever play the game (and don't quote me some retardo playoff stats. Football is a team game and he dragged some dog **** teams MUCH further than they would have gone without him. Need proof? Look at the Colts 2011 record.) Obviously Peyton looks pretty healthy now, but even if he never throws a pass for the Broncos, he was worth the risk. The upside of having a GOAT with a lot of football left (Elway won his super bowls at a more advanced age) is too much to pass up (and I suspect we will bear the fruits). Plus, it allows the Franchise to move on from wasting their time with a QB that will never be anything close to PM.

Will the Broncos win a super bowl with Manning? Who the F knows. There's a lot of luck and circumstance involved with such things. But I can guarantee you a Peyton lead offense will be efficient, exciting, and will always give us a chance to win. And I can't wait to see it happen. And I bet we win a lot of games with him.

Good luck to Tim, I'm sure he'll excel in the role the Jets have carved out for him. But I'll take my chances with Peyton ****ing Manning any day of the week.

baja
07-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Manning was a no brainer. If he want's to play for Denver you sign him. Crazy not to.

Tebow; Thanks for the memories and good luck in your quest to be an NFL qb.

Stuck in Cali
07-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Tim definitely gave us some memories. I will leave it up to the individual to recall what they will, than impose my own on them.

One thing I have been thinking about since the trade. Is if the circus could of subsided, think he could of made one hell of a tight end.

Other that that, looking forward to #18 to make his mark on this team. I know they need the practice and all but I am ready to get this show on the road.

razorwire77
07-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Tim definitely gave us some memories. I will leave it up to the individual to recall what they will, than impose my own on them.

One thing I have been thinking about since the trade. Is if the circus could of subsided, think he could of made one hell of a tight end.

Other that that, looking forward to #18 to make his mark on this team. I know they need the practice and all but I am ready to get this show on the road.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jets eventually have formations with Tebow lining up in the slot and Sanchez under center. Throw Timmy a little dig route and he could turn up field and hurt some people.