PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post: Kyle Orton vastly outperforming Tim Tebow in camp

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

enjolras
07-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Well I guess it could be worse right now. The prospect of watching Orton for another season sucks, but the prospect of watching Chad Henne or Matt Moore is far, far worse.

I can come up with 12 worse QB situations just off the top of my head:

1. Henne/Moore
2. Jackson
3. Cassel
4. Cutler
5. Sanchez
6. Campbell
7. Kolb
8. Alex Smith
9. Hasselbach
10. Cam Newton
11. Garrard/Gabbert
12. Fitzpatrick

I can come up with 3 more that would seem to be about the same level...

1. McNabb
2. Freeman
3. Jake Locker

Agamemnon
07-31-2011, 09:30 PM
I can come up with 12 worse QB situations just off the top of my head:

1. Henne/Moore
2. Jackson
3. Cassel
4. Cutler
5. Sanchez
6. Campbell
7. Kolb
8. Alex Smith
9. Hasselbach
10. Cam Newton
11. Garrard/Gabbert
12. Fitzpatrick

I can come up with 3 more that would seem to be about the same level...

1. McNabb
2. Freeman
3. Jake Locker

You're kidding yourself. Freeman is a young promising QB that I would be very excited about if I was a Tampa fan. Cutler isn't worse, not at all. Cam Newton and Locker are at least probably going to be exciting. Campbell, Garrard, and Sanchez are a wash. Honestly only half of those are clearly, without a doubt, worse situations.

Heyneck
08-01-2011, 08:55 AM
8. I think the Kyle Orton-to-Miami deal isn't dead, though it seems to be a long shot. If I were Orton, I'd be pushing for it. Hard. Tim Tebow might not keep the job, but he's certainly going to have a good shot to win it this year at some point, and maybe very soon. I don't care what Orton would have to do to his contract to make it happen. Five years down the road, if he doesn't end up in Miami, he'll be saying to himself, "I should have redone my contract back in 2011. I should have figured how much they wanted to go with Tebow, and how I could have started from day one in Miami.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/01/camps/index.html#ixzz1TnErMVcI

Circle Orange
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Butter fat on Tebow??? 5.1??? Good enough to get caught by most defenders??? WTF Planet have you been living on?

I’m from earth. A spherical, blue planetary body suspended in space. I haven’t yet visited the planet of LOVE, Venus (and it’s capital of Tebow-ville). But I will spell out the physics of this s-l-o-w so it won’t be confusing.

You see, heavy quarterbacks tend to run slower. More mass requires more energy against inertia and motion. The list of quarterbacks in Tebow’s weight range generally run between a 4.8 and 5.1. (make that 7 for Jamarcus Russell). If you pay attention to combine speeds, that’s pretty much what a lot of defenders run. Like bone crushing linebackers and safeties. Body type also determines some degree of quickness and lateral movement. Did you know years ago Mark Maguire had a brother, Dan Maguire who was a qb for Seattle? Dude was so big and high off the ground he couldn’t move or get behind center (6’7”). Find me one qb over 240+ that runs a consistent sub 4.65. So while I appreciate your wild emotion in defense of your friend, it really isn’t necessary. I didn’t say Tebow had butter fat. I posed a question. And it isn’t uncommon for qbs to ‘trim down’ to help their mobility a bit. On the opposite end, you have small qbs like Vick (and he IS small, barely 5’11”) who are slight of build, narrow in the hip and built more like a wideout. These type of qbs tend to run the fastest. Randall Cunningham was much taller but had a long stride and was also narrow and reedy. Tall, gangly qbs with high centers of gravity are slow (see Peyton and Brady) especially if flat footed. Stockier qbs with powerful legs run slightly slower than speed qbs, around the 4.4 –4.7 range like a Steve Young (or Mark Brunell back in the day). Lower body lean, more built like a running back.

So please, calm down. I didn’t call Pooky any names.

baja
08-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I’m from earth. A spherical, blue<b> planetary body suspended in space. </b>I haven’t yet visited the planet of LOVE, Venus (and it’s capital of Tebow-ville). But I will spell out the physics of this s-l-o-w so it won’t be confusing.

You see, heavy quarterbacks tend to run slower. More mass requires more energy against inertia and motion. The list of quarterbacks in Tebow’s weight range generally run between a 4.8 and 5.1. (make that 7 for Jamarcus Russell). If you pay attention to combine speeds, that’s pretty much what a lot of defenders run. Like bone crushing linebackers and safeties. Body type also determines some degree of quickness and lateral movement. Did you know years ago Mark Maguire had a brother, Dan Maguire who was a qb for Seattle? Dude was so big and high off the ground he couldn’t move or get behind center (6’7”). Find me one qb over 240+ that runs a consistent sub 4.65. So while I appreciate your wild emotion in defense of your friend, it really isn’t necessary. I didn’t say Tebow had butter fat. I posed a question. And it isn’t uncommon for qbs to ‘trim down’ to help their mobility a bit. On the opposite end, you have small qbs like Vick (and he IS small, barely 5’11”) who are slight of build, narrow in the hip and built more like a wideout. These type of qbs tend to run the fastest. Randall Cunningham was much taller but had a long stride and was also narrow and reedy. Tall, gangly qbs with high centers of gravity are slow (see Peyton and Brady) especially if flat footed. Stockier qbs with powerful legs run slightly slower than speed qbs, around the 4.4 –4.7 range like a Steve Young (or Mark Brunell back in the day). Lower body lean, more built like a running back.

So please, calm down. I didn’t call Pooky any names.
That's not possible

alkemical
08-02-2011, 05:42 AM
That's not possible

Magnets dude, magnets.

baja
08-02-2011, 06:01 AM
nothing is in suspension everything is in motion

alkemical
08-02-2011, 06:04 AM

Is swirling a direction?

Is inertia moving while standing still?

;)

TonyR
08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Apologies if already posted...

Incumbent Kyle Orton has been the most impressive quarterback in camp, by a wide margin. The Broncos held over a number of principles from the previous offense so the transition has been fairly smooth for Orton, who, at the moment, has clearly separated himself from Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn for the starting job. His passes have been crisp, his reads on point. It's not out of the question that Tebow could still wind up being the starter in Week 1 -- Denver has not ruled out trading Orton -- but for the moment there's no doubt which player has been sharper.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-postcard/index.html#ixzz1TsPupdlA

baja
08-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Is swirling a direction?

Is inertia moving while standing still?

;)

What is "direction" relative to the universe

Is there anything standing still in the universe.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Incumbent Kyle Orton has been the most impressive quarterback in camp, by a wide margin. The Broncos held over a number of principles from the previous offense so the transition has been fairly smooth for Orton, who, at the moment, has clearly separated himself from Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn for the starting job. His passes have been crisp, his reads on point. It's not out of the question that Tebow could still wind up being the starter in Week 1 -- Denver has not ruled out trading Orton -- but for the moment there's no doubt which player has been sharper.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-postcard/index.html#ixzz1TsPupdlA

That was what they said last training camp too. And Tebow was clearly better in the end.

alkemical
08-02-2011, 06:17 AM
What is "direction" relative to the universe

Is there anything standing still in the universe.

Does this mean Kyle Orton's getting traded?

;) Ha!

baja
08-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Does this mean Kyle Orton's getting traded?

;) Ha!

I don't know but it does mean that Al Davis is rotting from the inside out.

alkemical
08-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I don't know but it does mean that Al Davis is rotting from the inside out.

Persistent morning breath....ugh.

baja
08-02-2011, 06:22 AM
gotta be bad...

alkemical
08-02-2011, 06:23 AM
gotta be bad...

How the heck is he still alive?

jhns
08-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Suspended doesn't mean still...

TonyR
08-02-2011, 06:52 AM
That was what they said last training camp too. And Tebow was clearly better in the end.

Well, last year Tebow was a raw rookie project. Can't really play the rookie card any more. I think it's fair to start putting some expectations on him, one being that he's improved year over year. Particularly the mechanics and the basics. From everything I've seen and heard thus far this isn't the case. He needs to beat Kyle Orton for the job and I think it's great that the coaching staff is playing it that way. And I'm willing to bet Tim Tebow likes the challenge and wouldn't want it any other way.

alkemical
08-02-2011, 06:53 AM
I never was a fan of ignore, but these days - I appreciate it more and more.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 07:17 AM

Clearly the Bronco media conspiracy has moved into the national lamestream media as well! Conspiracy!

The guys who can't seem to bring in a top DT prospect certainly can control the media. That's not ridiculous!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 07:17 AM
I never was a fan of ignore, but these days - I appreciate it more and more.

Some folks just make the decision for you.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Well, last year Tebow was a raw rookie project. Can't really play the rookie card any more. I think it's fair to start putting some expectations on him, one being that he's improved year over year. Particularly the mechanics and the basics. From everything I've seen and heard thus far this isn't the case. He needs to beat Kyle Orton for the job and I think it's great that the coaching staff is playing it that way. And I'm willing to bet Tim Tebow likes the challenge and wouldn't want it any other way.

I think you are being a bit unrealistic considering the coaching chance, him changing his mechanics likely even more.. and the lockout. Orton and Quinn are also still more experienced as well.

But the most important thing is that training camp isn't an actual indicator of actual games.

But it doesn't matter because Orton won't last long in games even if he starts. Which is why Tebow should be getting as many reps as possible.

baja
08-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Suspended doesn't mean still...

Do you think the earth is suspended in space?

One sites definition;

sus·pend   
[suh-spend] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to hang by attachment to something above: to suspend a chandelier from the ceiling.
to attach so as to allow free movement: to suspend a door on a hinge.
to keep from falling, sinking, forming a deposit, etc., as if by hanging: to suspend solid particles in a liquid.
EXPAND
–verb (used without object)
to come to a stop, usually temporarily; cease from operation for a time.
to stop payment; be unable to meet financial obligations.
to hang or be suspended, as from another object: The chandelier suspends from the ceiling.
EXPAND
of suspended

jhns
08-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Do you think the earth is suspended in space?

One sites definition;

sus·pend   
[suh-spend] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to hang by attachment to something above: to suspend a chandelier from the ceiling.
to attach so as to allow free movement: to suspend a door on a hinge.
to keep from falling, sinking, forming a deposit, etc., as if by hanging: to suspend solid particles in a liquid.
EXPAND
–verb (used without object)
to come to a stop, usually temporarily; cease from operation for a time.
to stop payment; be unable to meet financial obligations.
to hang or be suspended, as from another object: The chandelier suspends from the ceiling.
EXPAND
of suspended

Maybe, that isn't what I argued though. Is the Earth falling? It does seem to fit number three.

TonyR
08-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Kyle Orton trying to overcome “The Tebow Thing”
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 2, 2011, 10:14 AM EDT

It’s hard to imagine Broncos fans doing the same, but Orton’s teammates sure seem to appreciate the guy. SI.com’s Jim Trotter wrote about the unspoken reality after the start of Broncos training camp: The players can see that Orton gives the team the best chance to win.

“How could the front office — and [John] Fox, by extension — even consider moving Orton when the gap between him, [Tim] Tebow and Brady Quinn has been as wide as the initial debt-reduction plans of Democrats and Republicans?” Trotter writes.

Trotter says many Broncos veterans shake their head at the notion Orton could be dealt.

“It’s the Tebow Thing,” wideout Brandon Lloyd said. “They’ll put Kyle on the trading block because they don’t want to deal with the Tebow Thing. But it’s not going to end until [Tebow] plays. The faster they get this Tebow Thing over with, one way or the other …”

Lloyd said he would be “pissed” if Orton was dealt, but he’s also thought about life with Tebow. More than anything, it sounds like Broncos players want clarity. Lloyd said he practiced differently this offseason expecting Tebow to be the guy.

“Running routes is easy, especially with a pure drop-back passer like Orton. But with Tim the ball is going to be coming from different spots and different angles. That takes getting used to,” Lloyd told Trotter.

Broncos VP John Elway seems to understand that they can’t fix the quarterback competition. Orton is taking all the first team snaps now.

“Before I got here, we heard different things about the situation down in the locker room, and obviously we don’t want that to be a problem. But where we are right here is, Kyle’s here and the best guy is going to play. There’s no question that the locker room means a lot to me and a lot to John Fox. Players know players, and they want the best opportunity to win,” Elway said.

If the Broncos were going to trade to Orton, they should have done it before training camp started. Orton bet on himself by helping to scuttle the deal to Miami.

At this point, that bet is paying off.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/broncos-players-unswayed-by-the-tebow-thing/

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I am always shocked how stupid players are.. which should make people even more terrified with Elway in charge..

BroncosMT
08-02-2011, 07:37 AM
I don't understand why Tebow doesn't start. Let me preface this by saying I have no horse in this race but I don't understand the logic. I mean lets be honest....we are in total rebuilding mode and will be lucky to make the playoffs. We know that Orton won't be here next year. We need to see what we have in Tebow to see what we need to do in the QB dept in the draft. Either he is the QBOTF or not. We need to see what we have and we can't see that with him carrying a clipboard this year. Sure the players think Orton can win a few more games but will those games get us into the playoffs? I highly doubt it so we need to see what we have. IMO

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't understand why Tebow doesn't start. Let me preface this by saying I have no horse in this race but I don't understand the logic. I mean lets be honest....we are in total rebuilding mode and will be lucky to make the playoffs. We know that Orton won't be here next year. We need to see what we have in Tebow to see what we need to do in the QB dept in the draft. Either he is the QBOTF or not. We need to see what we have and we can't see that with him carrying a clipboard this year. Sure the players think Orton can win a few more games but will those games get us into the playoffs? I highly doubt it so we need to see what we have. IMO

Your logic makes a lot more sense than MacGoober's, I'll give you that. But still, there are jobs on the line here. Are we going to watch a team that is run by a guy who is completely out of his element and simply not good, or are we going to field a competitive team with a quarterback who can actually hit a guy in stride?

Chances are that Orton will get injured at some point, and chances are that Tebow will get some reps in short yardage and goal line situations. That might just have to be the only look we get outside of practice.

So, given that, perhaps Tebow should start showing up to camp and playing well.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 07:40 AM

I really think it's ego and Orton's fool's gold.

fox and Elway think they can make work what McD couldn't. Plus I think they are desperate for wins and they fall into the trap that makes Orton so attractive to many. Many NFL people have no guts. They do everything as conservatively as possible.

zdoor
08-02-2011, 07:49 AM

I agree completely

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 07:52 AM
I agree completely

x2

Not to mention... what players are we really worried about pissing off?

Ooooh we better treat that 4-12 locker room chemistry carefully!

Gtfo. That whole locker room can line up and eat my ass.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Your logic makes a lot more sense than MacGoober's, I'll give you that. But still, there are jobs on the line here. Are we going to watch a team that is run by a guy who is completely out of his element and simply not good, or are we going to field a competitive team with a quarterback who can actually hit a guy in stride?

Chances are that Orton will get injured at some point, and chances are that Tebow will get some reps in short yardage and goal line situations. That might just have to be the only look we get outside of practice.

Whose?

OABB
08-02-2011, 07:56 AM

If the vets want to win wouldnt they want the guy who leads the team to more points?

TailgateNut
08-02-2011, 08:00 AM
If the vets want to win wouldnt they want the guy who leads the team to more points?

The opposing team? When Timbow isn't running for his life, how many I N T's will he toss?\

Timboy has his place, but it's not as the starter, at this point in his career.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Whose?

How did going 0-16 work out for Cam Cameron in Miami?

WolfpackGuy

Quite a few people aren't looking at the big picture.

Winning a couple more games with Orton does nothing for the team other than set it back AT LEAST another year at QB.

Eventhough I don't think he can get the job done or make much of a difference this season, Teboz has to play now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Apparently they'd rather have the guy who's capable of completing a pass to a moving target. Weird.

baja
08-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Maybe, that isn't what I argued though. Is the Earth falling? It does seem to fit number three.

The earth could be "falling" at tremendous rate but how would you know if everything else in space is "falling" at the same rate.

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:04 AM
The opposing team? When Timbow isn't running for his life, how many I N T's will he toss?\

Timboy has his place, but it's not as the starter, at this point in his career.

what part of more points bothers you exactly?

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Apparently they'd rather have the guy who's capable of completing a pass to a moving target. Weird.

it is wierd actually. I mean i like 7 yard cutbacks as much as the next guy. but from what I understand about football, and correct me if I am wrong, the more points you score, the better chance you have to win.

amiright?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:08 AM
How did going 0-16 work out for Cam Cameron in Miami?

1-15

And Cleo Lemon doesn't put asses in the stands and make money like Tim does, nor was there a fan outcry demanding he play, nor did he play nearly as well.

So whose job?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:09 AM
it is wierd actually. I mean i like 7 yard cutbacks as much as the next guy. but from what I understand about football, and correct me if I am wrong, the more points you score, the better chance you have to win.

amiright?

Sure are. Seems to me that to score points, we're going to need a quarterback who throws the ball and can actually hit his target. Not a second running back at the quarterback position who cannot hit a receiver in stride.

Seems to me that, if Tebow is SO much better than Orton, that we don't even need to have this conversation, since he would have easily won the job using his superior skill and ability.

Amirite?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:10 AM
1-15

And Cleo Lemon doesn't put asses in the stands and make money like Tim does, nor was there a fan outcry demanding he play, nor did he play nearly as well.

So whose job?

Oh, so it's about making money! As long as a Fox-coached team goes 1-15 (sorry for misquoting Cameron's ****ty season in MIA) but makes money, his job will be safe!

Whew! I'm sure that's a huge relief to Fox and his staff. START TEBOW NOW!

Hilarious!

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Sure are. Seems to me that to score points, we're going to need a quarterback who throws the ball and can actually hit his target. Not a second running back at the quarterback position who cannot hit a receiver in stride.

Seems to me that, if Tebow is SO much better than Orton, that we don't even need to have this conversation, since he would have easily won the job using his superior skill and ability.

Amirite?

"Seems to me that" we literally JUST put pads on...

IHaveALight
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM

If Orton starts the season, every game the Broncos lose is going to go a long way in getting him benched. If Orton plans on finishing the season as the starter he better be leading the team to a 10-6 season or better. I don't see it. My guess the Broncos open up 1-4 and he gets pulled for Tebow and I'll be pissed because that's 5 more game Tebow would have had to see if he can be the QB of the future.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
"Seems to me that" we literally JUST put pads on...

Seems to me that Tebow has no pressure, no serious pass rush, and should be able to throw from the pocket in a controlled situation and be successful. Regardless of when "we put pads on."

By the way: what position are you playing for the Broncos this year?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Oh, so it's about making money! As long as a Fox-coached team goes 1-15 (sorry for misquoting Cameron's ****ty season in MIA) but makes money, his job will be safe!

Whew! I'm sure that's a huge relief to Fox and his staff. START TEBOW NOW!

Hilarious!

We're apparently 27 million under the cap.

What did you think it's about?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:13 AM
If Orton starts the season, every game the Broncos lose is going to go a long way in getting him benched. If Orton plans on finishing the season as the starter he better be leading the team to a 10-6 season or better. I don't see it. My guess the Broncos open up 1-4 and he gets pulled for Tebow and I'll be pissed because that's 5 more game Tebow would have had to see if he can be the QB of the future.

That's fair, and I understand your skepticism. I'd point out, again, that this is a team game and that Orton can only control what he can control. he doesn't play defense, and he doesn't play special teams. He doesn't block, or run the football. THOSE were our weaknesses last year, not our quarterback who was on pace for 5,000 yards and had a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
We're apparently 27 million under the cap.

What did you think it's about?

Well if I'm paying to go to a game, I don't want to see a quarterback who can't hit a receiver on a ten yard out. If I wanted to see that, I could go watch Pop Warner.

Those kids play hard, too.

mile7high7
08-02-2011, 08:15 AM
The obvious answer, unless your goal is to get a few more pointless wins (yes I said pointless wins, which some will think is a contradiction in terms, but most should know better), is to let Tebow play.

So Orton plays this year, we win 7 games instead of 4 (assuming Tebow doesnt improve significantly with playing time), still miss the playoffs, and now are stuck wondering what to do next offseason.
The front office needs to have the long view. A few more wins with Orton, but no knowledge of whether Tebow can play leads to more questions about the draft. Do we waste a top pick on a QB, if we dont know what Tebow has.

As to the point about Tebow beating out Orton to start, well its hard to improve without practice. How is he expected to beat out Orton, when Tebow got limited to no reps last year, and this year again it seems he will be running with the two's.
Throw him in the fire, if by the end of the year he still cant play, then you have your answer, and you know you have to draft a QB early next year.

I see no potential gain from starting Orton, aside from a few meaningless wins (not enough to get us into playoffs)

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 08:17 AM

Alos.. Fox should have been adapting a system to Tebow because it's inevitable Orton won't last long in the season. And Tebow will not be comfortable with the starters.

But this may be how things had to go because of the lockout. That really hurt Tebow's development.. plus the coaching change. Tebow may juts need some time to get all the rust out. And Tebow will look great to fans and teammates after Orton.

TheReverend
Well if I'm paying to go to a game, I don't want to see a quarterback who can't hit a receiver on a ten yard out. If I wanted to see that, I could go watch Pop Warner.

Those kids play hard, too.

Which would be fine if that were true...

You'd also be in the vast minority... which is also fine.

Guys like Pos, Joseph, Cofield, Mebane, etc would've stepped in at a YOUNG age and done wonders towards helping build a competitor in literally the most talent laden FA since I've been watching the game.

So what is Denver's draw...? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
The obvious answer, unless your goal is to get a few more pointless wins (yes I said pointless wins, which some will think is a contradiction in terms, but most should know better), is to let Tebow play.

So Orton plays this year, we win 7 games instead of 4 (assuming Tebow doesnt improve significantly with playing time), still miss the playoffs, and now are stuck wondering what to do next offseason.
The front office needs to have the long view. A few more wins with Orton, but no knowledge of whether Tebow can play leads to more questions about the draft. Do we waste a top pick on a QB, if we dont know what Tebow has.

As to the point about Tebow beating out Orton to start, well its hard to improve without practice. How is he expected to beat out Orton, when Tebow got limited to no reps last year, and this year again it seems he will be running with the two's.
Throw him in the fire, if by the end of the year he still cant play, then you have your answer, and you know you have to draft a QB early next year.

I see no potential gain from starting Orton, aside from a few meaningless wins (not enough to get us into playoffs)

Fair enough, but I'd point out that if the guy can't complete a ****ing pass from the pocket, that we won't be "wondering what to do" come next season.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Fair enough, but I'd point out that if the guy can't complete a ****ing pass from the pocket, that we won't be "wondering what to do" come next season.

That's part of the point. To ensure we won't be "wondering what to do"

Never mind that he performed better than Kyle last year as a rookie under an interim headcoach against tougher competition :)

baja
08-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Why isn't Orton demanding a trade like Cutler did when he got wind of trade talks about him?

Is it because Cutler wanted out of Denver and get an early payday all along.

IHaveALight
That's fair, and I understand your skepticism. I'd point out, again, that this is a team game and that Orton can only control what he can control. he doesn't play defense, and he doesn't play special teams. He doesn't block, or run the football. THOSE were our weaknesses last year, not our quarterback who was on pace for 5,000 yards and had a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

Orton could be a key part to a really good team. The Broncos are not a really good team, they have a ways to go. So yeah them opening up 1-4 isn't going to be all on him. But the one position tied to wins and losses on any team is QB. If the team is losing the change will be made.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Which would be fine if that were true...

You'd also be in the vast minority... which is also fine.

Guys like Pos, Joseph, Cofield, Mebane, etc would've stepped in at a YOUNG age and done wonders towards helping build a competitor in literally the most talent laden FA since I've been watching the game.

So what is Denver's draw...? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Sure sounds like it is true. What with Orton being "head and shoulders" better than Tebow. But ****, let's start Tebow anyway! Yaaaaaay!

Nice non-sequitur. What the **** does "denver's draw" or who the FO brought in or didn't bring in have to do with Orton v. Tebow?

You're entering MacBooger territory.

WolfpackGuy
08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Why isn't Orton demanding a trade like Cutler did when he got wind of trade talks about him?

Because Kyle knows no team will pay him 9 million in a season ever again.

MacGruder
Sure sounds like it is true. What with Orton being "head and shoulders" better than Tebow. But ****, let's start Tebow anyway! Yaaaaaay!

Nice non-sequitur. What the **** does "denver's draw" or who the FO brought in or didn't bring in have to do with Orton v. Tebow?

witch hunt.. how typical...

mile7high7

I would argue we saw him complete many passes last year in his three games.

Yes his completion percentage left much to be desired, but if I recall his YPA was actually stellar, as were the points per game when he played. And that was playing with almost no practice prior to that point. Obviously Houston's pass defense was extremely weak, but I didnt see anything in those 3 games that would make me believe he would be embarassingly Max Hall/Derek Anderson bad.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 08:23 AM

Like most guys he probably just wanted to be somewhere where he was wanted. I think Kyle knows he's not wanted anywhere. LOL Except by the players.. who aren't bright.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:24 AM
That's part of the point. To ensure we won't be "wondering what to do"

Never mind that he performed better than Kyle last year as a rookie under an interim headcoach against tougher competition :)

50% completion percentage? 1-2 record? 4:3 TD:INT ratio? Which of these stats is "better" than Orton?

Come on, man.

He plays all season like that, we MIGHT end up 4-12 if we're lucky. We MIGHT. And we still won't be "wondering what to do" about the position.

TheReverend

You realize you're quoting an article from day one of camp and basing your entire post and position off of that, right?

If he's still on the roster (big if) and still "head and shoulders" better (another huge if) by the third week of pre-season, then he has certainly earned his starting job until a boo boo wrecks his performance by week 6 or however long it takes THIS year.

Until then we can listen to you beat off over how many yards he's "on pace for" while we lose game after game.

Happy?

OABB

which would you rather have?

a)a guy who vastly outperforms a player in padless practices

b)a guy thay actually leads the offense to more points in REAL games?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:25 AM
50% completion percentage? 1-2 record? 4:3 TD:INT ratio? Which of these stats is "better" than Orton?

Come on, man.

He plays all season like that, we MIGHT end up 4-12 if we're lucky. We MIGHT. And we still won't be "wondering what to do" about the position.

1-2 record is better than 3-10, for the record. His scoring was better. The offensive production was better.

Oh, and all against better defenses. Not to mention being drastically more competitive against repeat teams that Kyle got raped by.

eddie mac
08-02-2011, 08:26 AM

Orton is far smarter than the 6 year old.

IHaveALight
08-02-2011, 08:27 AM
1-2 record is better than 3-10, for the record. His scoring was better. The offensive production was better.

Oh, and all against better defenses. Not to mention being drastically more competitive against repeat teams that Kyle got raped by.

This

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:27 AM

Come on, man.

interesting..its as if you left out ppg on purpose...hmmm. you wouldnt do that would you?

im sure it was a typo...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:29 AM
You realize you're quoting an article from day one of camp and basing your entire post and position off of that, right?

If he's still on the roster (big if) and still "head and shoulders" better (another huge if) by the third week of pre-season, then he has certainly earned his starting job until a boo boo wrecks his performance by week 6 or however long it takes THIS year.

Until then we can listen to you beat off over how many yards he's "on pace for" while we lose game after game.

Happy?

You realize that you're trying to extrapolate Tebow's ability through three marginal (at best) games last year + "potential" and "work ethic" right?

I'm sure you're enjoying beating off to Tebow's 50% (oops, 49.4%) completion percentage and his potential to maybe hit a receiver on target from the pocket.

Thing about it is, I don't even dislike Tebow. I dislike players that play for my favorite team and look like **** in practice. I have a problem with guys who play like **** and are still expected to start in spite of it because the fanbase wants something different.

The potential is there with Tebow. He still has a long way to go.

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
You realize that you're trying to extrapolate Tebow's ability through three marginal (at best) games last year + "potential" and "work ethic" right?

I'm sure you're enjoying beating off to Tebow's 50% (oops, 49.4%) completion percentage and his potential to maybe hit a receiver on target from the pocket.

Thing about it is, I don't even dislike Tebow. I dislike players that play for my favorite team and look like **** in practice. I have a problem with guys who play like **** and are still expected to start in spite of it because the fanbase wants something different.

its almost like he was a rookie qb huh?

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
doesnt really matter who the starting QB is until we get our defense settled

oubronco
08-02-2011, 08:31 AM

It seems like noone can grasp this

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:32 AM

How about

c) a guy who can complete a pass in pressure-free situations to get some rapport with his receivers.

You know that's why they don't go full speed in practice, right? To get timing down in a pressure-free environment? You realize that, correct? That the idea of installing an offense requires players to be on the same page and able to play the game when the play DOESN'T break down... right? You are aware of all this?

Look, if Orton gets traded, or injured, or whatever, I'll be rooting full-throat for Tebow to be successful. I think he should have to earn the job, not have it handed to him because, you know, three games last year he was not completely ****ing awful.

OABB

not true. offensive points counteract defensive ones.

amirite?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
its almost like he was a rookie qb huh?

That excuse is no longer valid. He's no longer a rookie QB. And it sounds like, from camp reports, that he's not made any legitimate steps forward in his game.

But let's start him anyway! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:33 AM
How about

c) a guy who can complete a pass in pressure-free situations to get some rapport with his receivers.

You know that's why they don't go full speed in practice, right? To get timing down in a pressure-free environment? You realize that, correct? That the idea of installing an offense requires players to be on the same page and able to play the game when the play DOESN'T break down... right? You are aware of all this?

Look, if Orton gets traded, or injured, or whatever, I'll be rooting full-throat for Tebow to be successful. I think he should have to earn the job, not have it handed to him because, you know, three games last year he was not completely ****ing awful.

25 ppg is not awful. are you stupid?

Dedhed
08-02-2011, 08:34 AM

Does Orton play offense on 3rd down and in the red zone?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:34 AM

Can you tell me what you're basing your Orton opinion off of then?

Are you "extrapolating" how a ****ty QB that no FO has ever supported that is a loser in Denver will perform under Fox because he put up shiny numbers in losses under McDaniels?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Does Orton play offense on 3rd down and in the red zone?

Sure does. As it happens, those are two places where a solid running game and good blocking would help a quarterback out immensely.

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
not true. offensive points counteract defensive ones.

amirite? no ....... Defense wins Championships ....and 8-8 team a vast improvement over last year still sitting at home watching playoffs ...
it would be like pissing in a swimming pool , nice warm feeling but noone will notice

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
That excuse is no longer valid. He's no longer a rookie QB. And it sounds like, from camp reports, that he's not made any legitimate steps forward in his game.

But let's start him anyway! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You should phone the commissioner and let him know Camps are clearly no longer necessary and that we can discern our rosters just fine from 1 padless OTA mini camp.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Can you tell me what you're basing your Orton opinion off of then?

Are you "extrapolating" how a ****ty QB that no FO has ever supported that is a loser in Denver will perform under Fox because he put up shiny numbers in losses under McDaniels?

Statistics. Yardage. TD:INT ratio. His ability to complete passes from the pocket. Put a team around him with a good gameday coach, and he can be very successful.

Did you hear that? Tebow just two-hopped another screen pass to a receiver. Start him NOW!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:37 AM
You should phone the commissioner and let him know Camps are clearly no longer necessary and that we can discern our rosters just fine from 1 padless OTA mini camp.

As soon as Tebow is mentioned as being "head and shoulders" above his competition for the starting QB job, you just be sure to let me know.

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:38 AM
no ....... Defense wins Championships ....and 8-8 team a vast improvement over last year still sitting at home watching playoffs ...
it would be like pissing in a swimming pool , nice warm feeling but noone will notice

when you have an offense thay can put up 25, you need a d that gives up 24. thays achievable. when your offense scores less and goes three and out all the time, thats hard to do.

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:38 AM
LOL love this place , Orton is having a good camp so now some people are tearing him down and building up Tebow ......

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Statistics. Yardage. TD:INT ratio. His ability to complete passes from the pocket. Put a team around him with a good gameday coach, and he can be very successful.

Did you hear that? Tebow just two-hopped another screen pass to a receiver. Start him NOW!

you know whats real important? points.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 08:40 AM
LOL love this place , Orton is having a good camp so now some people are tearing him down and building up Tebow ......

Orton has torn himself down enough already. If 6 years if great practices and crappy regular seasons hasn't shown you nothing will. Thare's a sucker born every minute and Orton has made a career out of it.

baja
Because Kyle knows no team will pay him 9 million in a season ever again.

That would be short sighted reasoning on his part. He could have had a nice multi year starters contract from Miami

Spider
when you have an offense thay can put up 25, you need a d that gives up 24. thays achievable. when your offense scores less and goes three and out all the time, thats hard to do.

LOL been there done that 4 super bowl losses to prove your wrong.... Now your just being a **** stick ....... Anyone that knows what in the hell they are talking bout will tell you , Offense sells tickets , defense wins championships ........anyone tells you different is an idiot

OABB

not true. we are being realistic aboit the importance of an offense scoring in real games as opposed to 7 on 7 drills.

WolfpackGuy

That's BS.

They wait until they're down a few touchdowns.

I pin SEVERAL of the losses the last two years on the offense not showing up at all until it's too late.

No defense is going to pitch a shutout every game.

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Orton has torn himself down enough already. If 6 years if great practices and crappy regular seasons hasn't shown you nothing will. Thare's a sucker born every minute and Orton has made a career out of it.

Oh great the ****ing inbred resident of the mane thinks I need to hear what he has to say........Just ****ing lovely

baja
Like most guys he probably just wanted to be somewhere where he was wanted. I think Kyle knows he's not wanted anywhere. LOL Except by the players.. who aren't bright.

Bright? On average no but they do know who gives them the best chance to win.

mile7high7

Come on, man.

That assumes he plays all season like that. I would hope he didnt peak in his first three games as a pro.
But if he doesnt, and we do win 4 games, what have you really lost? Is Orton going to take this marginal team to the playoffs? Not in my eyes. So we havent really lost anything, whereas starting means we dont find out whether Tebow is a player or not.

My argument isn't so much whether Tebow is better than Orton, as much as whether Tebow can ball or not. We know what we have in Orton, an average QB.

We also know that this is a QB league.

Super Bowl winning QBs in past ten years.

1. Aaron rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Big Ben
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning
6. Big Ben
7. Tom Brady
8. Tom Brady
9. Brad Johnson
10. Tom Brady

8 of the last 10 super bowl winning QBs are elite, with 9 (Eli) probably cracking top 10. And the only average QB was a full 9 years ago.

As crazy as this sounds I would draft a QB every other year in the first round until you hit on a franchise QB. Without one, you may win division titles, playoff games, but winning the Super Bowl? I dont see it.

Spider
not true. we are being realistic aboit the importance of an offense scoring in real games as opposed to 7 on 7 drills.

LOLLOL good gravey ..what ever you say

OABB
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM
LOL been there done that 4 super bowl losses to prove your wrong.... Now your just being a **** stick ....... Anyone that knows what in the hell they are talking bout will tell you , Offense sells tickets , defense wins championships ........anyone tells you different is an idiot

not disagreeing. im saying thay asking yoir d to hold teams to 24 as opposed to 20 is easier.

its basic math really.

for those of you who dont understand football, the team thay scores more than the other team wins.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM

Know how you get points? by moving the ball. Did you know that sometimes quarterbacks throw the ball? True story!

Did you know that there has to be someone on the other end to catch the ball? It's true! Wikipedia told me!

Did you know that in order for a receiver to catch the ball, the ball has to be in his general vicinity, and can't be 5 feet over his head or bouncing into the ground?

Again: When Tebow is described as being "head and shoulders above" his competition for the job, I'll be very excited for the Tebow era in Denver. Until then, I'm skeptical. Sorry, kid. I know he's your hero and all, but he should be able to earn the job in practice (PRACTICE?) if he's so much better.

Shouldn't he?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
As soon as Tebow is mentioned as being "head and shoulders" above his competition for the starting QB job, you just be sure to let me know.

Sure.

Just flip back to 2010 and you'll get plenty of in game examples of him being "head and shoulders" above Orton.

Here's our vet against like competition:

SD
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112200/2010/REG11/broncos@chargers#tab:analyze

OAK
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102411/2010/REG7/raiders@broncos#tab:analyze

And here's Tim outperforming him:
SD
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011010213/2010/REG17/chargers@broncos#recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story/tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-boxscore

OAK
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121912/2010/REG15/broncos@raiders#tab:analyze

-----------------------

Yikes! Do you mean to tell me that Tim outgained, outscored, had a better TD:INT ratio and in his FIRST EVER NFL START (against one of the best D's in the league in one of the most hostile stadiums in the league) even completed passes at a higher rate (50% compared to Orton's 41%)!

Sounds like you need to re-examine your "on the field" argument.

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:45 AM
not disagreeing. im saying thay asking yoir d to hold teams to 24 as opposed to 20 is easier.

its basic math really.

for those of you who dont understand football, the team thay scores more than the other team wins.

LOL just wow ......It dont work that way in the NFL ....remember the afc championship game vs the Steelers ? they had the better defense ....Just how it works

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Maybe they should just cancel practice since Tebow can't get it done there. No need, right guys? He's a "gamer," right guys? Just let him show up on Sundays and get it done, right guys?

****ing idiotic.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM

See prior post. Get wrecked son.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Sure.

Just flip back to 2010 and you'll get plenty of in game examples of him being "head and shoulders" above Orton.

SD
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112200/2010/REG11/broncos@chargers#tab:analyze

OAK
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102411/2010/REG7/raiders@broncos#tab:analyze

And here's Tim outperforming him:
SD
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011010213/2010/REG17/chargers@broncos#recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story/tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-boxscore

OAK
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121912/2010/REG15/broncos@raiders#tab:analyze

-----------------------

Yikes! Do you mean to tell me that Tim outgained, outscored, had a better TD:INT ratio and in his FIRST EVER NFL START (against one of the best D's in the league in one of the most hostile stadiums in the league) even completed passes at a higher rate (50% compared to Orton's 41%)!

Ah, we're going back a year? Why not go back several and get Elway to start at the position. I mean, surely nothing has changed since he retired.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
See prior post. Get wrecked son.

Aren't you cute?

By the sounds of the camp reports, Timmy HAS REGRESSED.

No problem, though! START HIM! START HIM NOW!

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Ah, we're going back a year? Why not go back several and get Elway to start at the position. I mean, surely nothing has changed since he retired.

I'm sorry, has ANYTHING happened since then?

You know there was a lockout, right?

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:50 AM
we will sell tickets if we dont have the D fixed and put Tebow in , In my Opinion Tebow has more talent then Orton , only a fool would argure different ,I am not saying Orton sucks ,a few teams in the NFL he could be a starter for Orton is a good QB , But Tebow does better when the play breaks down, we wont go far but Tebow will bring more excitement and enthusiasm .......

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Aren't you cute?

No problem, though! START HIM! START HIM NOW!

Yeah, no. No one's saying that that matters. Your silly "He can't throw a 10 yard out" based on one padless camp report is definitely an over-reaction though.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry, has ANYTHING happened since then?

You know there was a lockout, right?

Yes. Something has happened. Timmy regressed.

According to TheDave, he didn't even look this bad in last year's camp.

Doesn't matter though. START HIM! Who needs practice? I heard the Broncos are going to cancel practices all together since Tebow can't excel.

Start Tebow! Because he'll totally get it on Sundays.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah, no. No one's saying that that matters. Your silly "He can't throw a 10 yard out" based on one padless camp report is definitely an over-reaction though.

Yep, probably an over-reaction. Sort of like saying Tebow should start because he'll totally be fine on game days even though he's looked like **** in practice. Brilliant.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Yes. Something has happened. Timmy regressed.

According to TheDave, he didn't even look this bad in last year's camp.

Doesn't matter though. START HIM! Who needs practice? I heard the Broncos are going to cancel practices all together since Tebow can't excel.

Start Tebow! Because he'll totally get it on Sundays.

Oh okay. Well that settles it.

Who needs camps. He's clearly regressed. Just cut him now.

****ing moron.

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Aren't you cute?

No problem, though! START HIM! START HIM NOW! of course he is going to regress , wtf ......Sophmore wall in the NFL ....
not to mention a New HC ....I dont know Fox that well I just hope he doesnt have the verbage Dan Reeves had ......If Fox wanted to start Tebow I wouldnt have a problem with it .besides I am more interested in seeing our Draft picks on D in action

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
of course he is going to regress , wtf ......Sophmore wall in the NFL ....
not to mention a New HC ....I dont know Fox that well I just hope he doesnt have the verbage Dan Reeves had ......If Fox wanted to start Tebow I wouldnt have a problem with it .besides I am more interested in seeing our Draft picks on D in action

I wouldn't have a problem with it either... if Tebow earns the ****ing job.

Oh, so now sophomore wall is a thing in the NFL? Hmm. Didn't know that. Welll that's fine then, let him start even though he can't win the job outright against supposedly subpar competition. Makes perfect sense.

Also: Tebow's OC is the same. "New coach" doesn't really hold much water.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Yep, probably an over-reaction. Sort of like saying Tebow should start because he'll totally be fine on game days even though he's looked like **** in practice. Brilliant.

OMFG

NO DIP****.

I'm saying the last quantifiable evidence between the two had Tim head and shoulders better... not the other way around.

You'd like to base your opinion off the first report of camp that may have even been pumping Orton's trade value? Fine.

Here's another camp report for you: "That being said, Tebow brought it on Monday, and I read a lot of good things about his performance on Saturday as well. One thing I notice about Tebow is that his throwing motion and mechanics are much improved. He makes drops and throws the ball like an NFL quarterback. Sure, he still has a different delivery, but he didn't have any passes batted down at the LOS that I saw in two practices, so his release is obviously higher. Another thing I notice about Tebow that I didn't notice from the other QB's was that he doesn't take mock sacks in practice. He makes decisions or runs before the defense bears down on him, and he gets rid of the ball."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/8/1/2310661/2011-denver-broncos-training-camp-notes-quarterbacks

"OMG LET ME BASE MY ENTIRE OPINION ON WHAT SOMEONE WROTE INSTEAD OF WHAT I SEE FOR MYSELF!" /you

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM

****ing moron.

Show me where I said to cut him. Go ahead. Find it.

Oh, maybe that's another one of your over-reactions. That must be it.

You should be careful with the roid rage, man. Gets you all worked up over a guy who can't earn his job, makes you look silly.

TheDave
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM
of course he is going to regress , wtf ......Sophmore wall in the NFL ....

Von Miller... Holy **** this kid is quick. His first 3 steps off the line are un-****ing - believable.

This kid will put many a QB's on their ass.

Spider
08-02-2011, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with it either... if Tebow earns the ****ing job.

Oh, so now sophomore wall is a thing in the NFL? Hmm. Didn't know that. Welll that's fine then, let him start even though he can't win the job outright against supposedly subpar competition. Makes perfect sense.

Also: Tebow's OC is the same. "New coach" doesn't really hold much water.

Lot of Big stars hit the wall , most of em running backs

Archer81
Nothing wrong with tebow that direct work with coaches won't fix. Typing on an iPod sucks, btw...

:Broncos:

TheReverend

You should be careful with the roid rage, man. Gets you all worked up over a guy who can't earn his job, makes you look silly.

Show me where I said we should cancel practices and he should be the starter?

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 08:59 AM

It's funny to see bullies get bullied by other bullies.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
OMFG

NO DIP****.

I'm saying the last quantifiable evidence between the two had Tim head and shoulders better... not the other way around.

You'd like to base your opinion off the first report of camp that may have even been pumping Orton's trade value? Fine.

Here's another camp report for you: "That being said, Tebow brought it on Monday, and I read a lot of good things about his performance on Saturday as well. One thing I notice about Tebow is that his throwing motion and mechanics are much improved. He makes drops and throws the ball like an NFL quarterback. Sure, he still has a different delivery, but he didn't have any passes batted down at the LOS that I saw in two practices, so his release is obviously higher. Another thing I notice about Tebow that I didn't notice from the other QB's was that he doesn't take mock sacks in practice. He makes decisions or runs before the defense bears down on him, and he gets rid of the ball."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/8/1/2310661/2011-denver-broncos-training-camp-notes-quarterbacks

"OMG LET ME BASE MY ENTIRE OPINION ON WHAT SOMEONE WROTE INSTEAD OF WHAT I SEE FOR MYSELF!" /you

Wow, look how upset you are! Calm, my son. Calm.

As for what you posted, GOOD. I'm happy to see that he's improving. I'd like to see more of that. See, he plays for my favorite team, so I WANT HIM TO BE SUCCESSFUL. Do you really not get that?

I want him to be the best player we have at the position. Doesn't sound like he's been that yet. Why is that so hard for your steroid-addled mind to wrap around?

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Von Miller... Holy **** this kid is quick. His first 3 steps off the line are un-****ing - believable.

This kid will put many a QB's on their ass.oh I cant wait ;)

welcome back you ole bastage ;)

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Nothing wrong with tebow that direct work with coaches won't fix. Typing on an iPod sucks, btw...

I wouldn't be too confident about that... John Fox is the same guy that signed off on drafting Jimmy Clausen...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:01 AM
actually the way to get more points is to start tebow over orton. true story..

Woo! Three meaningless games! WOOOOOOO!!

Start him now!

Archer81
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about that... John Fox is the same guy that signed off on drafting Jimmy Clausen...

Uhh...

Ok?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:03 AM

As for what you posted, GOOD. I'm happy to see that he's improving. I'd like to see more of that. See, he plays for my favorite team, so I WANT HIM TO BE SUCCESSFUL. Do you really not get that?

I want him to be the best player we have at the position. Doesn't sound like he's been that yet. Why is that so hard for your steroid-addled mind to wrap around?

Cute.

If you WANT HIM TO BE SUCCESSFUL, why are you making blatant lies up about him?

Why is that so hard for your little dick mind to wrap around? (see I can lie and outright libel another poster for no reason too!)

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Start him now!

If we're discarding "meaningless games", then what has Kyle ever played?

OABB
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Start him now!

nah..bench him. so a rookie in only three starts outperformes our starter and you say its only three games?

its all he had numbnuts. isnt that more reason to play him more?

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gort
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM

****ing moron.

...ever wonder what would happen if we could get ElusiveKyleOrton and McGruder together in a room? i think the universe might come to an end... kinda like when matter and anti-matter come into contact, only on a much larger scale.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/assets_c/2009/05/bele_and_lokai_star_trek-thumb-350x263-20215.jpg

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:08 AM
...ever wonder what would happen if we could get ElusiveKyleOrton and McGruder together in a room? i think the universe might come to an end... kinda like when matter and anti-matter come into contact, only one a much larger scale.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/assets_c/2009/05/bele_and_lokai_star_trek-thumb-350x263-20215.jpg

In his defense, I think MacGruder pushed him this far.

But it's so far over the top it's ridiculous.

jhns
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Maybe because he still wants to play football? It takes a special person to think that Orton is able to come close to doing what Cutler did. We are dangling Orton out there and no one wants him. There were multiple teams willing to trade a lot for Cutler, and guarantee him his spot. Also, Orton hasn't been lied to. No one in the organization is playing childish games, like they did with Cutler. You and Kaylore are really lacking in the reality department.

baja
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Cute.

Why is that so hard for your little dick mind to wrap around? <b>(see I can lie and outright libel another poster for no reason too!)

Nooo not you?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Broncos4tw
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
For what it's worth, and I am not trying to read too much into this, but in the media-only walkthrough yesterday afternoon, the first team offense and defense was on one side of the field. The 2nd team offense and defense were on the other side. Kyle Orton and.. Brady Quinn, where with the first team. Tebow was with the second team.

That doesn't sound incredibly promising, unless they were trying to keep the two seperated or something.

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Maybe because he still wants to play football? It takes a special person to think that Orton is able to come close to doing what Cutler did. We are dangling Orton out there and no one wants him. There were multiple teams willing to trade aot for Cutler, and guarantee him his spot. You and Kaylore are really lackinv in the reality department.

could his contract and the Broncos asking price have anything to do with this ? ****ing goofball.... I doubt the Borncos have seriously shopped Orton

Gort
08-02-2011, 09:12 AM

well, at least we know what happens when Douche and Anti-Douche come into contact on a forum... you get an argument that never ends (890 posts and counting).

just think of all the poor little electrons being killed here because of those two. so sad. so very sad.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Cute.

Why is that so hard for your little dick mind to wrap around? (see I can lie and outright libel another poster for no reason too!)

I didn't make up anything. Can you read?

TheDave backs my version of events, which have come from every media outlet in the country covering the Broncos. Your version of events comes from your fever dreams and... MacGruder.

That's alright. I don't really care who starts. I just want to see the guy who earned the job starting on Sundays. If that's Kyle, great. If that's Tim, great.

Honestly, it would be best for me if Tim would win the job outright. See, if he did, then we could trade Orton and help improve the rest of the team.

That kind of sense and reason is lost on you, I realize. But hey, you could always try screaming at the top of your lungs again. That seems effective. Hilarious!

RaiderH8r
08-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I think when an offensive juggernaut wins a title that offense wins championships. When the defensive clubs, like Baltimore, win it is because defense wins championships. Despite what the strength of a team is it is critical that the other portion needs to play competitively and competently. Dilfer needs to manage the game and hold on to the ball. G-Rob's defense needs to get a stop on 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter and create a few turnovers. Just has to happen. Good teams win titles.

I think Tebow makes sense for so many reasons. He's young, he's mobile, he's energetic and he's a winner. He just manages to win and people play better around him. He's on a young team with a young offense and his mobility is going to be critical to getting out of jams when blocking breaks down, picking up yards when the openings aren't there, and converting that 3rd and 6 with his feet when necessary and/or converting the same 3rd and six when the CB breaks coverage to play Tebow on the run opening up a WR downfield. He creates defensive problems that Orton simply can not do.

Tebow further helps the running game with his feet. Tebow plays very well on the move and running bootlegs or even having the threat of a bootleg keeps the backside D honest on running plays so they don't crash down the line cutting off cutback lanes. If they start cheating we hit them with a boot and Tebow can hurt them and hurt them bad that way.

Tebow is committed to football. Payton Manning committed. He lives it. He wants nothing more than to be great at it and will sacrifice anything for it. That is the attitude I want on the club. I don't care if it is a punter, a water boy, or a QB. It is an enthusiasm and dedication that can be contagious. Dawkins has it, Al Wilson had it, Elway had it, TD had it, and Rod Smith had it. Great people, great team mates and great players. Moving Orton out of the way clears out controversy that a young QB doesn't need. We can not put Tebow in a situation to have to navigate personal relationships between vets that put him at odds with those who he is supposed to lead. No QB needs that which is why teams so ardently work to avoid it.

Lastly, revenue. If this team needs revenue it is clear that Tebow is the biggest revenue booster this club has seen for a long time, and likely for some time to come. If he succeeds Pat has a gold mine on his hands. We're not Danny Snyder or Mark Cuban. If Bowlen/Elway need cash Tebow does that. If Tebow fails they get the cash, they get their answers and they get to move on.

For these reasons and a few more Orton has to go. Nothing personal but his value is/was as trade bait for this club.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:13 AM

I didn't push him to anything.. he was piling on me - like every other loser with nothing better to do than join the mob here.

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I think when an offensive juggernaut wins a title that offense wins championships. When the defensive clubs, like Baltimore, win it is because defense wins championships. Despite what the strength of a team is it is critical that the other portion needs to play competitively and competently. Dilfer needs to manage the game and hold on to the ball. G-Rob's defense needs to get a stop on 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter and create a few turnovers. Just has to happen. Good teams win titles.

I think Tebow makes sense for so many reasons. He's young, he's mobile, he's energetic and he's a winner. He just manages to win and people play better around him. He's on a young team with a young offense and his mobility is going to be critical to getting out of jams when blocking breaks down, picking up yards when the openings aren't there, and converting that 3rd and 6 with his feet when necessary and/or converting the same 3rd and six when the CB breaks coverage to play Tebow on the run opening up a WR downfield. He creates defensive problems that Orton simply can not do.

Tebow further helps the running game with his feet. Tebow plays very well on the move and running bootlegs or even having the threat of a bootleg keeps the backside D honest on running plays so they don't crash down the line cutting off cutback lanes. If they start cheating we hit them with a boot and Tebow can hurt them and hurt them bad that way.

Tebow is committed to football. Payton Manning committed. He lives it. He wants nothing more than to be great at it and will sacrifice anything for it. That is the attitude I want on the club. I don't care if it is a punter, a water boy, or a QB. It is an enthusiasm and dedication that can be contagious. Dawkins has it, Al Wilson had it, Elway had it, TD had it, and Rod Smith had it. Great people, great team mates and great players. Moving Orton out of the way clears out controversy that a young QB doesn't need. We can not put Tebow in a situation to have to navigate personal relationships between vets that put him at odds with those who he is supposed to lead. No QB needs that which is why teams so ardently work to avoid it.

Lastly, revenue. If this team needs revenue it is clear that Tebow is the biggest revenue booster this club has seen for a long time, and likely for some time to come. If he succeeds Pat has a gold mine on his hands. We're not Danny Snyder or Mark Cuban. If Bowlen/Elway need cash Tebow does that. If Tebow fails they get the cash, they get their answers and they get to move on.

For these reasons and a few more Orton has to go. Nothing personal but his value is/was as trade bait for this club.

when was the last time a team with a bad defense won a superbowl ?

jhns
08-02-2011, 09:16 AM
could his contract and the Broncos asking price have anything to do with this ? ****ing goofball.... I doubt the Borncos have seriously shopped Orton

If they aren't willing to give a starting QB less than ten mill, it proves my point. The Broncos asking price was a second. Again, way to prove my point. Orton has no leverage. Cutler had a ton.

Afain, they also haven't lied to Orton and played childish games with him. The dituations are not even close to being the same.

Gort
08-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I didn't push him to anything.. he was piling on me - like every other loser with nothing better to do than join the mob here.

there are 3 phases for all excuses...

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:17 AM
If they aren't willing to give a starting QB less than ten mill, it proves my point. The Broncos asking price was a second. Again, way to prove my point. Orton has no leverage. Cutler had a ton.

Afain, they also haven't lied to Orton and played childish games with him. The dituations are not even close to being the same.Oh I forgot your Cutlers #1 fan boy .......a second and 10 mill ? very few QB's worth that

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
LOL played Games with Cutler ? Cutler was doing the game playing , even had his daddy drop off his playbook .......

RaiderH8r
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
when was the last time a team with a bad defense won a superbowl ?

That whole post and you hit me with that? You dick :approve:

I'm not saying bad d's can consistantly win but the Colts didn't have a stellar D. The 97-98 Broncos D's weren't stellar just to name a few. They were certainly above average to good D's but they weren't world beaters that won games week in and week out like the Ravens. My point is more that when offensive oriented teams win we give credit to O and the opposite is true. But no title team can win with simply one side of the ball carrying the water all day, every day. Certainly one can shine in a single game but teams that rely so heavily on one dimension of the game rarely make it that far. Ravens being one exception which is why when Dilfer speaks as if his abilities were somehow on par with anybody he's critiquing I want to vomit. F that guy, he rode coat tails. F the Ravens for that matter.

Gort
08-02-2011, 09:19 AM

Afain, they also haven't lied to Orton and played childish games with him. The dituations are not even close to being the same.

oh noes.

now JHNS is getting in on the action and bringing his mancrush on Frown Cannon.

this thread could end up longer than that neck pony nation thread.

RaiderH8r
08-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh I forgot your Cutlers #1 fan boy .......a second and 10 mill ? very few QB's worth that

Somehow, some way Kevin Kolb got close. TheHell was that all about? Why couldn't the World Wide Leader hype Orton instead of Kolb? We'd be gravy right now. ESPN screwed us again.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:20 AM
well, at least we know what happens when Douche and Anti-Douche come into contact on a forum... you get an argument that never ends (890 posts and counting).

just think of all the poor little electrons being killed here because of those two. so sad. so very sad.

Saying that to TheRev is like like lamenting on genocide to Hitler...

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:21 AM
That whole post and you hit me with that? You dick :approve:

I'm not saying bad d's can consistantly win but the Colts didn't have a stellar D. The 97-98 Broncos D's weren't stellar just to name a few. They were certainly above average to good D's but they weren't world beaters that won games week in and week out like the Ravens. My point is more that when offensive oriented teams win we give credit to O and the opposite is true. But no title team can win with simply one side of the ball carrying the water all day, every day. Certainly one can shine in a single game but teams that rely so heavily on one dimension of the game rarely make it that far. Ravens being one exception which is why when Dilfer speaks as if his abilities were somehow on par with anybody he's critiquing I want to vomit. F that guy, he rode coat tails. F the Ravens for that matter.

:wave: thats my point Right now our d isnt even good , so until that gets fixed doesnt matter who starts at QB ;) nice to see you to pecker

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I didn't make up anything. Can you read?

TheDave backs my version of events, which have come from every media outlet in the country covering the Broncos. Your version of events comes from your fever dreams and... MacGruder.

That's alright. I don't really care who starts. I just want to see the guy who earned the job starting on Sundays. If that's Kyle, great. If that's Tim, great.

Honestly, it would be best for me if Tim would win the job outright. See, if he did, then we could trade Orton and help improve the rest of the team.

That kind of sense and reason is lost on you, I realize. But hey, you could always try screaming at the top of your lungs again. That seems effective. Hilarious!

Okay, so you're not making anything up but he can't complete a 10 yard out and all he does is skip passes to receivers?

Take a look around... no one is accusing YOU of sense and reason here.

jhns
08-02-2011, 09:22 AM
LOL played Games with Cutler ? Cutler was doing the game playing , even had his daddy drop off his playbook .......

Stupid McFans will never live in reality. You wouldn't have been a McFan if you had brains in the first place. In other words, who cares what such a mental midget thinks?

His dad dropping off the playbook is him playing games? I thought it was simple geography. Why would Cutler go a thousand miles out of his way wjen he needed ro be in Chicago? I wouldn't expect you to get it though.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:23 AM
there are 3 phases for all excuses...

Excuses for getting harassed - standing up for myself.

Enabler.

I would be afraid of the mob, too. Easier to blame me. That's how mobs get created.

Spider
Somehow, some way Kevin Kolb got close. TheHell was that all about? Why couldn't the World Wide Leader hype Orton instead of Kolb? We'd be gravy right now. ESPN screwed us again.

;) Honestly I think Denver is Fishing with Orton , but wont pull the trigger ....
you put Orton behind a solid Oline with a decent running Game ,he gonna do things ;) you put him in our offense he will run for his life ......

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Okay, so you're not making anything up but he can't complete a 10 yard out and all he does is skip passes to receivers?

Take a look around... no one is accusing YOU of sense and reason here.

Oy.

I can't remember if you've ever over-stated anything to make a point...

Next time someone accuses you of sense and reason, drop me a line, won't you? Offer not valid if MacGruder is the one accusing.

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Stupid McFans will never live in reality. You wouldn't have been a McFan if you had brains in the first place. In other words, who cares what such a mental midget thinks?

His dad dropping off the playbook is him playing games? I thought it was simple geography. Why would Cutler go a thousand miles out of his way wjen he needed ro be in Chicago? I wouldn't expect you to get it though.

you dope I am not a Mcfan ......Not since the Hillis trade .come anther route

jhns
oh noes.

now JHNS is getting in on the action and bringing his mancrush on Frown Cannon.

this thread could end up longer than that neck pony nation thread.

It just never gets old watching McFans defend their hero.

jhns
you dope I am not a Mcfan ......Not since the Hillis trade .come anther route

Says the guy still trying to defend him.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
"Mcfans"?

Another witch hunt?

Do you guys do anything else here?

Spider
Says the guy still trying to defend him.

LOL just for ****s and giggles how am I defending Mcdouche ?

Gort
Saying that to TheRev is like like lamenting on genocide to Hitler...

whatever past transgressions you can lay at the feet of TheRev, one thing is for sure... YOU derailed this thread, not him. then the Orton loving guy jumped in. now JHNS is in to add Cutler to the argument. this thread is going to go on and on and on while all 3 of you argue in circles, never convincing anyone else to change their minds. here's a newsflash... nobody cares. make your point and then move on. you don't have to restate the same point over and over and over again.

bendog
08-02-2011, 09:26 AM
37 pages. ..... wow.

Broncos4tw
While I don't think we'll ever win a SB with Orton as our QB, I am also having doubts about Tebow, and am starting to believe he was the stretch pick many analysts claimed he was. I'm all for his gung-ho attitude. But I've never been partial to QBs who must rely on running to be successful. That's a QB just one bad hit away from having your backup for the rest of the year. If he "just wins," great. But from where his skills are at the moment, that may be far off.

jhns
LOL just for ****s and giggles how am I defending Mcdouche ?

Wow. You are really so dumb that you don't know what you are typing? Not a surprise.

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow. You are really so dumb that you don't know what you are typing? Not a surprise.

thought so........nuff said

jhns
08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
thought so........nuff said

Poor guy.

MacGruder
whatever past transgressions you can lay at the feet of TheRev, one thing is for sure... YOU derailed this thread, not him.

It was the climate he created.. the same idiots that piled on in that thread do the same in any thread and then new guys pile on because they see the pile. That's how witch hunts work.

then the Orton loving guy jumped in. now JHNS is in to add Cutler to the argument. this thread is going to go on and on and on while all 3 of you argue in circles, never convincing anyone else to change their minds. here's a newsflash... nobody cares. make your point and then move on. you don't have to restate the same point over and over and over again.

I don't have a problem with arguing.. what the **** else is this place for? The issue is childish behavior.. mocking.. name calling.. abusive post.. picture posting etc etc. I do not start that behavior. I will respond in kind. But you are way off base blaming me for this mess. I am actually arguing about things I believe or find interesting.. find me someone else here doing the same.. Plus I actually know what i am talking about with Tebow.. again.. find someone else the same. Good luck..

Spider
While I don't think we'll ever win a SB with Orton as our QB, I am also having doubts about Tebow, and am starting to believe he was the stretch pick many analysts claimed he was. I'm all for his gung-ho attitude. But I've never been partial to QBs who must rely on running to be successful. That's a QB just one bad hit away from having your backup for the rest of the year. If he "just wins," great. But from where his skills are at the moment, that may be far off.

yeah steve young comes to mind ,but you are right 1 hit ..cant tell how many times I **** my pants when Elway took off ..Not everyone is elway ;)

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Did you watch Tebow play before he was drafted by the Broncos?

RaiderH8r
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM
:wave: thats my point Right now our d isnt even good , so until that gets fixed doesnt matter who starts at QB ;) nice to see you to pecker

Which is why we go Tebow, get value for Orton and roll the dice. Tebow puts butts in seats and may even surprise a few people. We start rolling with TT and Denver becomes THE national story for a few weeks anyway. We start winning with TT and then the gravy train is rolling. It's a landau roof with power steering, right in your pocket.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Oy.

I can't remember if you've ever over-stated anything to make a point...

Next time someone accuses you of sense and reason, drop me a line, won't you? Offer not valid if MacGruder is the one accusing.

See, it'd be swell if you tried to make an actual point supporting your argument instead of this. Instead lies about Tebow, myself, and deflecting.

Feel free to let me know when you want to discuss the merits of either player.

oubronco
This is getting good

http://files.sharenator.com/YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195-580.gif

Broncos4tw
Did you watch Tebow play before he was drafted by the Broncos?

You mean in college? You do realize the NFL is not college, right?

Spider
08-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Which is why we go Tebow, get value for Orton and roll the dice. Tebow puts butts in seats and may even surprise a few people. We start rolling with TT and Denver becomes THE national story for a few weeks anyway. We start winning with TT and then the gravy train is rolling. It's a landau roof with power steering, right in your pocket.

;)

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
You mean in college? You do realize the NFL is not college, right?

I wasn't being a smartass. Just curious.

You do realize some players do translate to the NFL right? I mean just because Tebow was incredibly successful doesn't mean that is a bad thing.

oubronco
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/qlRu3_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s200x136-181190-580.gif

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
See, it'd be swell if you tried to make an actual point supporting your argument instead of this. Instead lies about Tebow, myself, and deflecting.

Feel free to let me know when you want to discuss the merits of either player.

We have been discussing the merits. You were too busy getting WAY over-upset about this whole discussion.

You think practice doesn't matter, that Tebow should be the starter, and that the "one report" about Tebow regressing doesn't matter.

I think practice does matter, that you play how you practice, that you should be able to hit guys in stride in practice, that Orton has out-performed Tebow this pre-season, and that the guy who earns the job should start. Right now (important enough to bold) that appears to be Orton.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
We have been discussing the merits. You were too busy getting WAY over-upset about this whole discussion.

You think practice doesn't matter, that Tebow should be the starter, and that the "one report" about Tebow regressing doesn't matter.

I think practice does matter, that you play how you practice, that you should be able to hit guys in stride in practice, that Orton has out-performed Tebow this pre-season, and that the guy who earns the job should start. Right now (important enough to bold) that appears to be Orton.

Were you here last training camp?

Don't you realize this is a virtual carbon copy of last year?

And by preseason Tebow already looked like the better QB. Outperformed him in the exhibition game. People said he looked like a pro bowl QB.

Tho he had Mcd then.. ho actually knows how to coach Qbs,.

Drek

This is a logical fallacy because we saw in three games last season that he can complete a pass from the pocket. A lot of very good players in the NFL are poor practice players, even at QB where you have the likes of Jeff Garcia and Jake Plummer to name some recent ones.

We know Tebow has legitimate upside as a QB, we just don't know if he can make it happen over 16 games and show the kind of forward progress he'll only be able to make by playing against live competition.

Orton over Tebow doesn't make this a championship team. It doesn't even make us a playoff team. It likely won't even make us a >.500 team. So why waste our time with one year of Orton when we can see what Tebow and Quinn (if Tebow flames out/gets hurt) can offer?

There is no good reason not to get rid of Orton. Its all positives. It saves the team money, it drives fan interest, and it leaves the club with a clear cut choice going into the 2012 season at the premier position in the sport. Either Tebow (or outside shot Quinn) proves himself a starter you want to hitch your wagon to or we "Suck for Luck" and get a new franchise QB type.

The only reason to stick with Orton is because you consider Tebow an invalid option from day one and would rather just trot out a one year rental QB so you have every excuse for going balls to the wall after Luck (or some other young QB) next draft.

RaiderH8r

If Orton played the way he practiced we wouldn't have been drafting second overall so lighten up Nancy.

oubronco
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/SbyLU_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s355x200-181192-580.gif

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
This is a logical fallacy because we saw in three games last season that he can complete a pass from the pocket.

To the tune of 49.4%.

Bronco Vixen
08-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Unfortunately this may be an irrelevant point if our OL hasn't improved markedly.

Points are overrated captain defect, especially when you can kill it in 7 on 7's! Duh.

Sure.

Pretty much end thread right here.

Nothing wrong with tebow that direct work with coaches won't fix.

But herein lies the problem, right? Without a commitment from the FO and coaching staff, this aint happening and once again, we have zero idea of what we have in Tebow.

Bottom line, WHAT DOES STARTING KING MEDIOCRITY DO FOR US? 6-10, 8-8, does anyone REALLY believe the big O is our long term solution?

I don't think people are necessarily blindly believing that Tebow is the answer, I think most JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO GIVEN THE CHANCE! We know Orton. What we don't know is what Timmy can actually do with coaching & team support, the necessary reps, and at least a year to prove himself.

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE? We start Orton, we really don't know anything more next year at this time. That's what's so frustrating!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
If Orton played the way he practiced we wouldn't have been drafting second overall so lighten up Nancy.

Too many if's in that sentence.

Broncos4tw
08-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I wasn't being a smartass. Just curious.

You do realize some players do translate to the NFL right? I mean just because Tebow was incredibly successful doesn't mean that is a bad thing.

Of course, but there has been just as many or more flops. That really means nothing. Even Luck next year, with all his touted skill, could end up flopping. It's always a chance, but the difference was that Tebow WAS considered to have bad mechanics that would be at more of a deficiit once in the NFL, than some of your other bluechip QBs. So you have some shoddy mechanics, plus a running QB which makes me nervous as hell, and he doesn't seem to have imiproved. The holdout certainly didn't help him. But like I said, him being with the second team, and Orton and Quinn both on the first team walkthrough.. that doesn't make me giddy with happiness.

RaiderH8r
08-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Too many if's in that sentence.

Not everybody plays how the practice is my point.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Not everybody plays how the practice is my point.

I get that. I just think that's a lame excuse.

Tebow knows what's on the line. Every practice should be a gameday to him, with his drive and intangibles and whatnot. But he's not separating from the pack in a positive way. That makes me nervous.

I wish he'd just straight up win the competition.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Tebow knows what's on the line. Every practice should be a gameday to him, with his drive and intangibles and whatnot. But he's not separating from the pack in a positive way. That makes me nervous.

You gotta calm down bro. Not everyone is MacGruder.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 09:53 AM

No. I've been discussing the merits. You've been making up lies and basing your argument off one padless practice.

NEVER did I say practice doesn't matter.

Pony Boy
08-02-2011, 09:54 AM

MacGruder
Of course, but there has been just as many or more flops. That really means nothing. Even Luck next year, with all his touted skill, could end up flopping. It's always a chance, but the difference was that Tebow WAS considered to have bad mechanics that would be at more of a deficiit once in the NFL,

Don't believe what the media tells you. They said Tebow would never be able to pass in the SEC either. People have no clue what they are talking about. The reality is Tebow has just as good a chance to succeed in the NFL as ANY QB prospect.. including Sam Bradford. The only question is if Tebow can run in the NFL.. but once again, people said Tebow wouldn't be able to run in college like he did either. Again.. people don't know. The only way to find out is to play him. But the one thing he needs is to play his style. Can fox coach that style?

Brett Favre has the identical throwing motion to Tebow. This is why Mike Holmgren said Tebow likely didn't even need to mess with his mechanics much. But no one else knows this. Just ignorance.

than some of your other bluechip QBs. So you have some shoddy mechanics, plus a running QB which makes me nervous as hell, and he doesn't seem to have imiproved. The holdout certainly didn't help him. But like I said, him being with the second team, and Orton and Quinn both on the first team walkthrough.. that doesn't make me giddy with happiness.

The reason I asked if you watched him before is because I watched him his whole college career.. and I know how he does things. I guarantee you the reason guys are saying he looks inaccurate is because he has his own way of doing things. He usually puts the ball where only his guy can get it. This prevents interceptions. But when people see this they think he is inaccurate.

If people knew how good of a passer Tebow really was I doubt they would be so skeptical of him. He knows what works against the best SEC Ds. the guys who fill the NFL. He was an incredibly efficient passer against them.

Tebow just has to get used to playing under center.. but the only way that is going to happen is by doing it.

The way to look at Tebow is to realize it isn't a matter of IF Tebow will be successful, but when - how quickly.

RaiderH8r

I think he is probably doing what the staff tells him to, even if it comes at the expense of his overall performance. He's a player that will do as coached because he believes it will make him better and that's where his focus should lie right now. Not falling into old habits that keep him stagnant in his development but challenging himself to get better and struggling is part of that development.

Orton is what Orton is, he's a one dimensional player who has never had to move because, well...he can't. Tebow has made a lot of hay on pure athletic talent alone and now he needs to learn the game and that is tough but when it comes to it having that athletic talent is going to pay dividends. In practice, do as you're told. Fight the yips, lather, rinse, repeat until it becomes instinct. Scrimmage, put it all in play. Game time. Go win.

If this kid puts together being a solid pocket passer in addition to being a guy who makes plays on the move and with his feet he is going to be one very dangerous offensive weapon. You can teach Orton's style, you can't teach Tebow's.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 09:55 AM

If Only..

This would be a utopian society...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 09:56 AM

I'm pretty calm. You seem to be quite upset.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty calm. You seem to be quite upset.

Mmmm hmmm. You're just full of **** man.

For example:

And then!

Watch Tebow end up in MIA.

That'd be epic.

Please please please please please.

Boy you got some consistency issues!

And I like how you're painting me as not calm despite after you libeling me, I went out of my way to defend you here:

But hey, you're nothing but class, bro. Ha!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
OMFG

NO DIP****.

Yes, you're the definition of "calm and collected." Hilarious! LOL ROFL! Ha!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Not interested in the context of my "please please please" comment? What a shock.

I want this whole thing to be over. All the fighting, all the bull****, all the nonsense. I'm tired of it. I think it's silly. Plus I'd love to see the meltdown here if Timmy WAS traded (which I don't think is even remotely in the realm of possibility, btw). Frankly, I think that would be comedy gold.

What's far more likely is that Orton gets dealt, and I'd be fine with that outcome as well. I'd just like to get back to talking about football rather than arguing about football.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes, you're the definition of "calm and collected." Hilarious! LOL ROFL! Ha!

A post using cited supporting evidence and countering your TC report with another...

If you argued like that we might actually get somewhere you stupid douche.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:11 AM
A post using cited supporting evidence and countering your TC report with another...

If you argued like that we might actually get somewhere you stupid douche.

... combined with a total meltdown from Roid Rage Rev.

Rigs11
if orton starts this place is going to be hilarious!

bendog
I think he is probably doing what the staff tells him to, even if it comes at the expense of his overall performance. He's a player that will do as coached because he believes it will make him better and that's where his focus should lie right now. Not falling into old habits that keep him stagnant in his development but challenging himself to get better and struggling is part of that development.

Orton is what Orton is, he's a one dimensional player who has never had to move because, well...he can't. Tebow has made a lot of hay on pure athletic talent alone and now he needs to learn the game and that is tough but when it comes to it having that athletic talent is going to pay dividends. In practice, do as you're told. Fight the yips, lather, rinse, repeat until it becomes instinct. Scrimmage, put it all in play. Game time. Go win.

If this kid puts together being a solid pocket passer in addition to being a guy who makes plays on the move and with his feet he is going to be one very dangerous offensive weapon. You can teach Orton's style, you can't teach Tebow's.

Are you attempting to say that Tebow cannot be taught how to make reads and plays from the pocket and only ad lib when the play's not there and it's time to "do a helicopter?"

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:13 AM
... combined with a total meltdown from Roid Rage Rev.

Pointing out your stupidity is not a meltdown.

And here we go with the lies again. How do like Orton's cock filling out your mouth?

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 10:19 AM

And here we go with the lies again. How do like Orton's cock filling out your mouth?

Please note how people said I was embarrassing myself with my posts but no one says jack to people if they are regulars around here.

It's pretty preposterous.

Cowards is what they are.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Please note how people said I was embarrassing myself with my posts but no one says jack to people if they are regulars around here.

It's pretty preposterous.

Cowards is what they are.

You caused this mess. I'm cleaning up after your dumb ass. Now leave before it gets worse.

Gort
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Are you attempting to say that Tebow cannot be taught how to make reads and plays from the pocket and only ad lib when the play's not there and it's time to "do a helicopter?"

all this thread is missing is a post from Oleg with his opinion on who should start and why.

alkemical
08-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Tebow = Black McNabb

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:26 AM

It's not exactly "calm" either.

But that's neither here nor there.

Tebow's a "gamer," practice doesn't matter, and he hasn't beat out Orton because... why again, Rev?

Take a break from the injections and explain it. Tebow is so far superior, he should be able to beat out Orton no problem. Yet, it sounds like the opposite is true. Now, I haven't passed a final judgement by any means, and I'm looking forward to seeing Tebow in the scrimmage next week and in the preseason games coming up. But as of right now, it doesn't look promising.

Of course, "having doubts" is the same as having Orton's cock in my mouth, evidently. Too bad you're not mature enough to actually discuss this stuff.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
You caused this mess. I'm cleaning up after your dumb ass. Now leave before it gets worse.

LOL

The hero Freemason.. he'll clean up the world.

It was following your lead that started this whole lynch mob in the first place.

Hell.. half these people are probably your aliases anyway from what i have seen from you.

You need to seriously grow up. Not try to clean up anyone else.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
It's not exactly "calm" either.

But that's neither here nor there.

Tebow's a "gamer," practice doesn't matter, and he hasn't beat out Orton because... why again, Rev?

Take a break from the injections and explain it. Tebow is so far superior, he should be able to beat out Orton no problem. Yet, it sounds like the opposite is true. Now, I haven't passed a final judgement by any means, and I'm looking forward to seeing Tebow in the scrimmage next week and in the preseason games coming up. But as of right now, it doesn't look promising.

Of course, "having doubts" is the same as having Orton's cock in my mouth, evidently. Too bad you're not mature enough to actually discuss this stuff.

Because we haven't even had a week of ****ing camps yet? ROFL!

I mean are you kidding me?

And good call on the maturity... wanna roll it back again and see who dropped that level?

Spoiler alert: It was you if you can read through kyle's arabian goggles phaggot

alkemical
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Tebow = Straight Jeff Garthia

Dedhed
08-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Tebow = Black McNabb

Excepting that Tebow is white of course.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Because we haven't even had a week of ****ing camps yet? ROFL!

I mean are you kidding me?

And good call on the maturity... wanna roll it back again and see who dropped that level?

Spoiler alert: It was you if you can read through kyle's arabian goggles phaggot

Kids, stay off steroids. They make you into an anger ball like Reverend Roid up there.

Shouldn't Tebow be doing a LITTLE better than head and shoulders below Orton? Aren't you at all disappointed with his performance thus far?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Those kind of details have no home here.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Kids, stay off steroids. They make you into an anger ball like Reverend Roid up there.

Shouldn't Tebow be doing a LITTLE better than head and shoulders below Orton? Aren't you at all disappointed with his performance thus far?

Kids stay off Kyle Orton semen. Clearly it raises your BAC and makes you post like a ****ing retard.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Kids stay off Kyle Orton semen. Clearly it raises your BAC and makes you post like a ****ing retard.

Nice cleanup work.

This is how big boy Freemasons resolve conflicts...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Who's supplying your Kyle Orton semen, Rev? Is it laced with steroids? Did you buy it out of some guy's trunk at your gym?

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Who's supplying your Kyle Orton semen, Rev? Is it laced with steroids? Did you buy it out of some guy's trunk at your gym?

Obviously I get it from you or TGN.

I don't know anyone else swimming in his seed.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:35 AM

You must be chugging, given the supreme retardery of your posts.

Too bad the roids make you so emotional. you used to have some good takes.

Say, how's the bacne? I hear that can be sort of tough for roidheads like yourself.

jhns
08-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Why would anyone ever think practices are more important than games? Some of you Ortob boys are such a joke.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Say, how's the bacne? I hear that can be sort of tough for roidheads like yourself.

It's a shame you'll never know what that's like.

Enjoy your massive quantities of dick!

alkemical

I thought Mcnabb was?

:afro:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Why would anyone ever think practices are more important than games? Some of you Ortob boys are such a joke.

Never was the argument, ever, but leave it to jizz to miss the point entirely. inbred hicks from Nebraska never could tell subtle nuance.

TailgateNut

The only difference will be how many Tebonites vs bronco fans will be in the stands. the stands will be filled.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Maturity: RoidRev has it.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Maturity: RoidRev has it.

Ha!

Call me when you have a ****ing point.

MacGruder
08-02-2011, 10:39 AM

Now I see the problem.. I need to quit debating people and just curse them out.

Then I will fit in and be the leader of the mongoloids like TheRev...

jhns
08-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Never was the argument, ever, but leave it to jizz to miss the point entirely. inbred hicks from Nebraska never could tell subtle nuance.

Yes. It is your argument. Tebow completely outplayed Orton in live games. You say he hasn't earned the job because of practice. So, what exactly do you think you are saying?

TailgateNut
08-02-2011, 10:43 AM

I'm not the one who is so self-absorbed to take photos of myself in a mirror. pansy ass ******t!

bendog
08-02-2011, 10:43 AM
The only difference will be how many Tebonites vs bronco fans will be in the stands. the stands will be filled.

yet, if Tebow is put on the field and has not yet mastered the reads and cannot put the ball in the recievers' hands on the right time in their routes, he will suck massively. In which case the Tebowites will knash their teeth mightily.

But anyone would be foolish to conclude Tim's a bust. He's struggling and is running 3rd. Early days.

*WARHORSE*
08-02-2011, 10:45 AM

Suggestion: Someone ban him?

jhns
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm not the one who is so self-absorbed to take photos of myself in a mirror. pansy ass ******t!

Duh, it is kind of hard for a fat slob to be self absorbed...

TailgateNut
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
yet, if Tebow is put on the field and has not yet mastered the reads and cannot put the ball in the recievers' hands on the right time in their routes, he will suck massively. In which case the Tebowites will knash their teeth mightily.

But anyone would be foolish to conclude Tim's a bust. He's struggling and is running 3rd. Early days.

I haven't concluded that he's a bust, just that he should'nt be starting anything except for my the dishwasher or the laundry.:approve:

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 10:50 AM

ROFL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Suggestion: Someone ban him?

For: What exactly?

jhns
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
For: What exactly?

For hating this team.

vancejohnson82
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
i wonder if Fox is having these types of convos with his assistants

OC - "Why can't we put Tebow in with the first team"

Fox - "Shut the **** up..."

OC - "Why don't you get Orton's balls out of your mouth"

OABB
08-02-2011, 11:08 AM
this thread rules.

jhns + rev + macruder + thedeliciouskyleorton equals win.

the best thing is everyone but thepowerbottomtokyleorton agrees that tebow should start.

so theelusivekyleortonfan is the king of retards.

TheReverend

lol repped

jhns

That would be great.

TheReverend
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM
this thread rules.

the best thing is everyone but thepowerbottomtokyleorton agrees that tebow should start.

ROFL!

Vance has a contender!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM
this thread rules.

Awwww, what a surprise. OABB can't read.

Hey, glad you're here, buddy!

jhns
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM

How can anyone keep up with you when you don't even know what you are saying?

Flex Gunmetal
08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
This place is officially out of control.

alkemical
08-02-2011, 11:18 AM
This place is officially out of control.

You almost need drugs to cope with it.

bendog
08-02-2011, 11:21 AM
You almost need drugs to cope with it.

ain't no almost about it

zdoor
ain't no almost about it

Pass it over "EEERR"

alkemical
ain't no almost about it

Whatchyou got?

OABB
08-02-2011, 11:31 AM

I can read thecumdumpstertokyleorton, that's how I know that Tebow led the team to 25 ppg and the offense performed better under him.

It's also how I learned that Kyle Orton is absolute embarrass on third downs.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM

The thing is, and I've been a big TT supporter, why is TT not doing well in practice? You have to practice well if you expect to play, that's all there is to it.

Dude will have to step it up in practice, and that's all there is to it. TT is a professional, and that means helping your teammates by putting your best effort forward in practice. I've played on many a team, and nobody likes a guy that f's things up in practice, but expects to start.

Of course, AND I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THIS, they've only had a few practices, and haven't seen any live action. Also, somebody reported the staff was telling TT to just relax and play, so it's possible he's just not relaxed yet. And that is pretty important, to be relaxed. So we'll just have to see how it plays out over the next 5 weeks.

Orton IS NOT guaranteed the starting job, he's just more polished than TT right now. BUT - TT will have to start hitting the passes he's expected to make in practice. No coach is gonna start a guy that can't hit the bread-and-butter passes in practice just because he can run around a little bit.

And no fan should expect that either. They should be expecting TT to EXECUTE in practice to EARN THE DANG JOB!

Now, it's possible that TT will shine like gold in live PS games, hit the bread-and-butter passes. But that still leaves a problem where he has to perform in practice in order for the rest of the O to learn the plays properly. Practice is for EVERYBODY to learn the gameplan and execute the plays, and if the QB is f'ing them up, then that hurts the ENTIRE O.

broncocalijohn
08-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Cito is correct. Tebow just came off his rookie season with 3 games under his belt. These first few practices are basic and if Tebow is having trouble handling the basics at this moment and two other QBS know how to do it (more) correctly, then Tebow made his bed and now he must lie in it. There are enough days between now and the first preseason game to see the improvements. If Tebow struggles with the basics against the 2nd and/or 3rd defenders, he has no one to blame but himself.
I want Tebow in there to start this year but if he is struggling bad enough to be behind both Orton and Quinn then we go with those two until we see the Tebow we saw last year.

bendog
08-02-2011, 11:42 AM
iT'S clearly Elway and Fox's fault that Tim can't execute the offense. They are miserable failures who are leading this franchise the the totally wrong direction.

vancejohnson82
08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
The thing is, and I've been a big TT supporter, why is TT not doing well in practice? You have to practice well if you expect to play, that's all there is to it.

Dude will have to step it up in practice, and that's all there is to it. TT is a professional, and that means helping your teammates by putting your best effort forward in practice. I've played on many a team, and nobody likes a guy that f's things up in practice, but expects to start.

Of course, AND I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THIS, they've only had a few practices, and haven't seen any live action. Also, somebody reported the staff was telling TT to just relax and play, so it's possible he's just not relaxed yet. And that is pretty important, to be relaxed. So we'll just have to see how it plays out over the next 5 weeks.

Orton IS NOT guaranteed the starting job, he's just more polished than TT right now. BUT - TT will have to start hitting the passes he's expected to make in practice. No coach is gonna start a guy that can't hit the bread-and-butter passes in practice just because he can run around a little bit.

And no fan should expect that either. They should be expecting TT to EXECUTE in practice to EARN THE DANG JOB!

Now, it's possible that TT will shine like gold in live PS games, hit the bread-and-butter passes. But that still leaves a problem where he has to perform in practice in order for the rest of the O to learn the plays properly. Practice is for EVERYBODY to learn the gameplan and execute the plays, and if the QB is f'ing them up, then that hurts the ENTIRE O.

sshhhhh....be vewy, vewy quiet with the logical thinking. It's witchhunting season and the Tebowites will find you. MacGruber and his clan are starting the next Crusade and they are starting with cleansing the board of anyone who thinks logically/scientifically....Tebow is God...kill the infidels

Archer81
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM

Its not massive quantity. Its massive quality.

Archer81
08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
iT'S clearly Elway and Fox's fault that Tim can't execute the offense. They are miserable failures who are leading this franchise the the totally wrong direction.

That's extreme. A few weeks of camp, a few games and his handling of the offense will be fine.