PDA

View Full Version : Some training camp observations from Cecil Lammey

BMarsh615
07-28-2011, 12:12 PM
He is in love with Jeremiah Johnson.
https://twitter.com/cecillammey

driving home from #dovevalley and #broncos camp...more tweets in hour or so, PLUS more Jeremiah Johnson #mancrush #skills 8 minutes ago via web

@ballinnickcast not really, will keep my eye on TE Julius Thomas..he's got Gates upside 9 minutes ago via web in reply to ballinnickcast

@Kev10486 I hear ya, just reporting what I've seen, not saying OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!! re: Tebow, #broncos etc 13 minutes ago via web in reply to Kev10486

@Lloydwit2Ls We'll see Lloyd, but damn did Moreno look skinny today! 14 minutes ago via web in reply to Lloydwit2Ls

@Skotty_Payne I hope so Scotty, nerves had to be the answer re: Tebow today 15 minutes ago via web in reply to Skotty_Payne

@bobhenry Jeremiah Johnson is a star in the making if he can stay healthy #hesgotskills 15 minutes ago via web in reply to bobhenry

@iasnellman I'd like to say yes, but the answer is no....maybe in TD heavy leagues as he could be their GL back 16 minutes ago via web in reply to iasnellman

@courtney883 they're going to keep Orton if they don't get proper value 2nd or 3rd 16 minutes ago via web in reply to courtney883

@randyschwimmer7 White's in 25 17 minutes ago via web in reply to randyschwimmer7

#broncos WR Brandon Lloyd is the real deal. Looked FANTASTIC. so good it makes me want to cuss - guy will make plays in Foxy offense 17 minutes ago via web

Final point on White for now. he can make this team if he plays like he did today the rest of camp and stays healthy it's the feet! #rexryan 18 minutes ago via web

White showed good balance, instincts, and moves! Again, footwork most important attribute for a RB - it's why he's gotten by on avg talent 19 minutes ago via web

combine white's feet with Moreno and you'd have something there! 20 minutes ago via web

White showcased his great feet today, making good cuts and keeping his balance running against the grain 23 minutes ago via web

now on to #broncos RB LenDale White - SLIM! TRIM! FIT! not too skinny (like Moreno) and still big thighs, strong bubble 23 minutes ago via web

plenty of #broncos RB Jeremiah Johnson love coming up when I get home, extensive notes on his game, LOOKED GREAT...more in a bit 24 minutes ago via web

#broncos UDFA Adam Weber looked good, strong play action fakes, flutter passes when asked to throw deep though 25 minutes ago via web

#broncos QB Tim Tebow had a pass batted down at the LOS and at least one pick, motion was very deliberate, he's thinking about it too much 26 minutes ago via web

#broncos QB Brady Quinn looked decent....more decisive, strong passes, a few off the mark deep sidelines though..looked better than Timmy 27 minutes ago via web

#broncos QB Kyle Orton looked good, damn good...lots of zip on his passes, good bark, looks/plays pissed/focused 28 minutes ago via web

I thought Tebow held on to the ball too long at #broncos practice today, certainly looked rough around the edges 29 minutes ago via web

#broncos Moreno didn't look noticeably faster or quicker, still slipped on a cutback - again, instincts: good ... footwork: poor 30 minutes ago via web

Yes, I just tweeted about Moreno's butt 31 minutes ago via web

here's some practice notes from #broncos #dovevalley Moreno is noticeably smaller, thin, looks fragile, thin hips too, no bubble 31 minutes ago via web

@Kraigkennicutt didn't stand out, but looking forward to seeing him more, speed is there 32 minutes ago via web in reply to Kraigkennicutt

@Jparvin today? Orton1...Quinn2....Tebow3....Weber4 - Timmy was real rough today 37 minutes ago via web in reply to Jparvin

@eakfootball certainly if he can stay healthy, looked very light on his feet today 37 minutes ago via web in reply to eakfootball

#Broncos RB Jeremiah Johnson was the best back in practice today, LenDale second best

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Who are these people on Twitter?

Lycan
07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Jeremiah Johnson? Gonna skin him some grizz?

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VKnlNvwbGMM/S6OJ-p43FbI/AAAAAAAAA3k/6CnKJFm9sOA/s400/JJ.jpg

CEH
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
It may be just me but I think they told Knowshown to slim down you are now our 3rd down back. From all reports today the dude is skinny and light

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm going to lol if Brady somehow beats out Tebow Christ for the starting QB position.

Inkana7
07-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I thought that name sounded familiar. Johnson played at Oregon.

bowtown
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I'd think any RB would look good running against a line with no DTs.

ghwk
07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Based on the tweets (and what an annoying way to read) the Superbowl is ours.

ward63
07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
http://avatars.espn.go.com/avatars/broncos818/48/broncos818.jpg (http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/broncos818)Renaldo Hill - DB - Broncos Broncos FS Renaldo Hill was not present as the team began training camp practices on Thursday. The beat writers believe Hill has been released. It's also possible that the Broncos gave him permission to seek a trade, although that would result in Hill's eventual release as well. The 32-year-old is due a $2.4 million base salary this season. The Broncos plucked two promising safeties in the draft. Source: Denver Post Jul 28, 12:14 PM

Lycan
07-28-2011, 12:20 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VKnlNvwbGMM/S6OJ-p43FbI/AAAAAAAAA3k/6CnKJFm9sOA/s400/JJ.jpg

His name was Jeremiah Johnson, and they say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit, suited to the mountains. Nobody knows whereabouts he come from and don't seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better. Bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below.

snowspot66
07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd think any RB would look good running against a line with no DTs.

In a non contact practice.

cmhargrove
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
It may be just me but I think they told Knowshown to slim down you are now our 3rd down back. From all reports today the dude is skinny and light

Maybe he started doing meth?

DomCasual
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
It sounds to me that one Jeremiah Johnson had some HAM in his breakfast this AM!

DomCasual
07-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Maybe he started doing meth?

He's at least been doing some running in Meth Alley.

bowtown
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Dear Jeremiah Johnson,

Welcome to Denver, you new nickname will be: jackwilliamsadrianmadisedomoniquehixonwesleydukeda riuswatts.

WolfpackGuy
07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah, but is he any faster?

I've seen some tell if he dropped down to 180, he'd show everyone he was worth that #12 pick.

Cmac821
07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
That is such a great name I really want him to pan out and be the starter. Just imagine Gus Johnson saying his name as he goes 70 yards for a TD

BlueCrusher
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
In a non contact practice.

Aren't they all non-contact now?

bowtown
07-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Aren't they all non-contact now?

Yes, as well as the games.

Steve Sewell
07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Who is Cecil Lammey and what are his qualifications?

cmhargrove
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Isn't he the guy from draftguys.tv? I thought I remembered him doing video reports from the Senior Bowl and such. Probably links in the Draft Forum.

Beantown Bronco
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Moreno has the Beetus....just don't tell our medical staff. They still don't know how to test for that.

BMarsh615
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM

He is a fantasy football "expert" and he has a radio show or something on 87.7 The Ticket.

BMarsh615
07-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Isn't he the guy from draftguys.tv? I thought I remembered him doing video reports from the Senior Bowl and such. Probably links in the Draft Forum.

Yeah I think he does that too.

titan
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
http://avatars.espn.go.com/avatars/broncos818/48/broncos818.jpg (http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/broncos818)Renaldo Hill - DB - Broncos Broncos FS Renaldo Hill was not present as the team began training camp practices on Thursday. The beat writers believe Hill has been released. It's also possible that the Broncos gave him permission to seek a trade, although that would result in Hill's eventual release as well. The 32-year-old is due a $2.4 million base salary this season. The Broncos plucked two promising safeties in the draft. Source: Denver Post Jul 28, 12:14 PM

Hill is still a Bronco - this update from twitter

PostBroncos 12:30pm via dlvr.it

Blog: Hill out because of dehydration http://dpo.st/nfhWMZ

gyldenlove
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Hill is still a Bronco - this update from twitter

PostBroncos 12:30pm via dlvr.it

Blog: Hill out because of dehydration http://dpo.st/nfhWMZ

How do you get dehydrated on the first day of camp? I call shenanigans

alkemical
07-28-2011, 01:09 PM
How do you get dehydrated on the first day of camp? I call shenanigans

it's better than calling in drunk.

gyldenlove
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
it's better than calling in drunk.

I don't think so, if they said he got ****faced on a mixture of Grey Goose and E last night I would respect that. If they say he is dehydrated they make it sound like he is that kid who eats crayons and can't figure out how to work the water fountain, I don't want a stupid safety.

I will take a drunk over a retard any day.

Quoydogs
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Boy I'm probably going to get flames for this but who cares.

I think Tebow is a lot like Hillis was. In practice he is nothing special but when the game is on that is the time when he shines. I would still like to see him improve on the short pass though.

As for Orton of course he looked great, I'm sure there was no pressure.

alkemical
07-28-2011, 01:17 PM

I think Tebow is a lot like Hillis was. In practice he is nothing special but when the game is on that is the time when he shines. I would still like to see him improve on the short pass though.

Ad for Orton of course he looked great, I'm sure there was no pressure.

Jeff Garcia approvesth of this.

alkemical
07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't think so, if they said he got ****faced on a mixture of Grey Goose and E last night I would respect that. If they say he is dehydrated they make it sound like he is that kid who eats crayons and can't figure out how to work the water fountain, I don't want a stupid safety.

I will take a drunk over a retard any day.

That's what I mean though, maybe he DID. that's why he's cramping up. he's still tweaking and petting his shoes.

OABB
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM

you wont get flamed. I agree.

I just hope Tebow isn't that stupid.

bfoflcommish
07-28-2011, 01:40 PM

Hillis Shines when the game is on? Oh yeah if you take the mane as gosple. He fumbled in way to many critical situations last year too, but lets go ahead and forget about that.

Cecil Lammey
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM

Hey OM, what is up!?! Thanks for putting my tweets up here.

I am the NFL Insider for Front Range Sports Network and senior writer for Footballguys.com

You can also catch my predraft reports on the NY Times 5th down blog and my weekly fantasy articles in the Denver Post.

I have a vast film library that dates back to 1992, this includes college and pro. Watching film, talking and writing about football is my full time job and I enjoy every day - especially during training camp!

Each year I go to the Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, NFLPA Game (used to be Tx v Nation), the Scouting Combine, and the NFL Draft. I cover all teams but spend a lot of my time talking, writing, tweeting, about the Broncos.

Through my travels I have made several friends/contacts around the league that includes coaches, scouts, GMs, agents, trainers other NFL reporters (beat writers, etc), and tv personalities.

I also check in with the OM from time to time! :wave:

Got my start in the business years ago thanks to fantasy football (and thanks to Scott Hastings, Mark Schlereth, and Adam Schefter) but now have expanded into NFL analysis as well.

I do my best to answer questions via Twitter, and you can catch me on the air too!
http://denverssportsstation.com
http://footballguys.com

ghwk
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM

I am the NFL Insider for Front Range Sports Network and senior writer for Footballguys.com

You can also catch my predraft reports on the NY Times 5th down blog and my weekly fantasy articles in the Denver Post.

I have a vast film library that dates back to 1992, this includes college and pro. Watching film, talking and writing about football is my full time job and I enjoy every day - especially during training camp!

Each year I go to the Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, NFLPA Game (used to be Tx v Nation), the Scouting Combine, and the NFL Draft. I cover all teams but spend a lot of my time talking, writing, tweeting, about the Broncos.

Through my travels I have made several friends/contacts around the league that includes coaches, scouts, GMs, agents, trainers other NFL reporters (beat writers, etc), and tv personalities.

Got my start in the business years ago thanks to fantasy football (and thanks to Scott Hastings, Mark Schlereth, and Adam Schefter) but now have expanded into NFL analysis as well.

I do my best to answer questions via Twitter, and you can catch me on the air too!

Can you get us a top notch DT? That's what I'm talkin about Cecil!

underrated29
07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
anyone know if tonights TC is just a walkthrough or actually a practice? I want to go but not if I am not going to see the guys doing actually football stuff at speed.

Cecil- got word on this?

broncosteven
07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
#broncos Moreno didn't look noticeably faster or quicker, still slipped on a cutback - again, instincts: good ... footwork: poor 30 minutes ago via web

Turf Monsters

Cecil Lammey
07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Can you get us a top notch DT? That's what I'm talkin about Cecil!

LOL, I wanted Marvin Austin in the draft....didn't happen so on to FAs. Barry Cofield made sense to me but he's off the board already.

Jenkins is in play (surprisingly) but Cowboys and Saints after him too.

Mebane seems like the most likely.

Cecil Lammey
07-28-2011, 03:34 PM
anyone know if tonights TC is just a walkthrough or actually a practice? I want to go but not if I am not going to see the guys doing actually football stuff at speed.

Cecil- got word on this?

yeah man, you want to see contact I would wait until the August 6th pracitce at Invesco Field from 2:05-4:05pm

LittleFloyd
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
He is a fantasy football "expert" and he has a radio show or something on 87.7 The Ticket.

It is 102.3 The Ticket. The only listenable show is Cecil's. His shows are on during the weekend. Knows his NFL stuff. Best I've heard since the late John Reigel.

underrated29
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
yeah man, you want to see contact I would wait until the August 6th pracitce at Invesco Field from 2:05-4:05pm

I usually go to as many as I can. I love them!! But i dont know about a walk through. Not so much the contact, but just to see how the guys look. I cant tell about that RB you were talking about if hes just doing a walk through.

I might still show up, but if they are really just walking and what not...I dont want to be the only person there either.

SoCalBronco
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Looks like Black Hillis had a good day. Nice.

broncosteven
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Did you ever meet Gene Kranz? That would rock.

Thanks for the tweets!

theAPAOps5
07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
And now we have our annual camp man crush. Jeremiah Johnson

theAPAOps5
07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Big Mex you are the man! Love listening to you on the weekends over at the ticket! Always give a shout out to the Mane when you can too!

spdirty
07-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Don't rip on cecil. He's nothing like Burger Bill. That guy eats, sleeps, and breathes football. Does his homework. I trust a lot of what he says.

Agamemnon
07-28-2011, 05:58 PM

After watching these two videos I don't find it completely outside the realm of possibility that he could break out. Seems like an injury hurt him at Houston and he hasn't gotten a legitimate shot since. Yet he certainly seems more talented than your average practice squad scrub.

I doubt it happens, but wouldn't it be great if this guy blew up for us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqOU9d8sR0M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnXmhMBnAQU

maher_tyler
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM
After watching these two videos I don't find it completely outside the realm of possibility that he could break out. Seems like an injury hurt him at Houston and he hasn't gotten a legitimate shot since. Yet he certainly seems more talented than your average practice squad scrub.

Our next TD??

broncosteven
07-28-2011, 07:42 PM

Jeremiah MF Johnson?

Cecil Lammey
07-28-2011, 07:43 PM
It is 102.3 The Ticket. The only listenable show is Cecil's. His shows are on during the weekend. Knows his NFL stuff. Best I've heard since the late John Reigel.

I REALLY appreciate this. John was an encyclopedia of football information. Unfortunately I never got to meet him before his passing.

People in the media have told me that I am the new John Reigel, and I quickly say that nobody could replace him...he was a football genius.

Cecil Lammey
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Big Mex you are the man! Love listening to you on the weekends over at the ticket! Always give a shout out to the Mane when you can too!

Yeah, I love giving a shout out to the OM! :yayaya:

ghwk
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I REALLY appreciate this. John was an encyclopedia of football information. Unfortunately I never got to meet him before his passing.

People in the media have told me that I am the new John Reigel, and I quickly say that nobody could replace him...he was a football genius.

Well now that you've popped in you know we will rabidly bug you for Bronco news every 15 minutes.... :wave:

Cecil Lammey
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't rip on cecil. He's nothing like Burger Bill. That guy eats, sleeps, and breathes football. Does his homework. I trust a lot of what he says.

Thx man, I appreciate the support. Football is my job and I take it very seriously. LOVE watching film, LOVE watching practice, LOVE talking about this great game we love.

Dukes
07-28-2011, 07:56 PM

He's right Cecil. You're the only one on that entire channel, besides Darius Walker, who is worth listening to. If only you were full time. Keep up the good work man!

KipCorrington25
07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah I've heard Cecil give the Mane props a few times on the air I'm always digging that.

Broncos4tw
07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Moreno looks -thinner-?! He already looked like a pair of bad tempered pipe cleaners could kick his ass. I was hoping he would beef up.

OrangeSe7en
07-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Wasnt the real Jeremiah Johnson (the one depicted in the movie) a cannibal?

OrangeSe7en
07-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Moreno looks -thinner-?! He already looked like a pair of bad tempered pipe cleaners could kick his ass. I was hoping he would beef up.

Dont worry. Theyre going to make Moreno go against the kicker in tackling drills.

schaaf
07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Wasnt the real Jeremiah Johnson (the one depicted in the movie) a cannibal?

no, he roamed wyoming & Montana and got the nickname of "Liver Eating" Johnson because of how many Crow Indians he had killed but he did not eat them haha

schaaf
07-28-2011, 09:45 PM
he would take a bite out of each liver (as the legend goes) but not eat them

Rabb
07-28-2011, 09:58 PM
I pretty much only listen to the ticket now, Cecil is awesome...love the weekend show

he also replies on twitter pretty frequently and I dig that

HooptyHoops
07-29-2011, 08:24 AM

Let's hope! Loved the vids, as he looks to be a north, south runner, not an east, west....all good for a zone attack!

Cito Pelon
07-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Ya know, I agree with this a lot. But coaches have a real hard time playing a guy that doesn't get it done in practice, that's just how coaches are.

And yeah, Tebow looks awkward on the short passes.

DivineBronco
07-29-2011, 02:59 PM
thought we should bump this back up as it seems he is out there today

cecillammey Cecil Lammey
Miss the music blaring at #Broncos training camp during warmups, John Fox is all business

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2011, 03:03 PM
thought we should bump this back up as it seems he is out there today

cecillammey Cecil Lammey
Miss the music blaring at #Broncos training camp during warmups, John Fox is all business

excellent move by Fox, until this team wins, the country club bs has to end...

broncosteven
07-29-2011, 03:08 PM
excellent move by Fox, until this team wins, the country club bs has to end...

Yep, I think this team will actually be tougher, stronger, and smarter this year.

HooptyHoops
07-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Yep, I think this team will actually be tougher, stronger, and smarter this year.

No kidding!

Tim
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
any defensive news?

oubronco
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Balls

Jay3
07-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Is there a Twitter account for this guy -- I found one but it doesn't have these updates.

Wait, found it. http://twitter.com/#!/cecillammey

McDman
07-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Did a couple DTs suddenly appear? That's the news I'm waiting for.