PDA

View Full Version : fat albert traded...to new england?

tsiguy96
07-28-2011, 03:29 AM
for a 2013 5th round pick.

i really wish fox and co had pulled the trigger on this. got him on a 2 year deal or something. hes a huge asshole and most likely a total ****head of a person, but wow does denver need DT help. now haynesworth is still in a 3-4, which makes me chuckle.

TDmvp
07-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Thank god , so people will stop talking about wanting him here.

Requiem
07-28-2011, 03:42 AM
I would have traded him for a 2015 condom.

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2011, 03:46 AM
****ing steal.

They'll make him work this season and trade him next for a 2nd round pick.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 03:58 AM
WOW! WTF is going on in Dove Valley? Maybe they do only have one phone! So far all I hear all off season is this plan by EFX. "Going to have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C depending on rules for FA." Maybe I missed some major transactions so far by our FO that no one has put on the OM? NO? WTF has the world come to where Im jealous of Seagulles fans, they are bettering themselves as we speak? No way in hell I'll ever stop being a Bronco fan but this is....*sigh. So far the "Plan" was to trade a starter (hated Gaff but still...) for depth player at DE (position that we have decent depth already). 5th rd pick 2 drafts down the road = free. PLEASE EFX PROVE ME WRONG, I'LL EAT CROW TO GET SEMI RELEVANT THIS SEASON!!!

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 04:00 AM
ps I said whoever got FAT AL WOULD GET A STEAL. why the #### did it have to be the PAT'S

KevinJames
07-28-2011, 04:13 AM
We gotta get Mebane or Jenkins now or people are going to be questioning the front office on FA moves early.

Requiem
07-28-2011, 04:14 AM
I'd rather acquire Brandon Mebane (FA) and Randy Starks (Orton trade) than hope ****brick Haynesworth would turn things around.

I think the new era will do a good job of clearing house of any turds. We just had three players cited as being all present at a rape. We don't need Fat Albert on the team, walkin' into that mess sayin' "Hey, hey, hey -- what's goin' on!?"

SouthStndJunkie
07-28-2011, 04:16 AM
If anyone is able to motivate and get the most out of Albert Haynesworth, it will be Bill Belichick.

Belichick will probably get in his head and coax a few good years out of him before he starts pouting for more money or finds something to get pissed off about.

Belichick knows this and figures a few good years from Albert is well worth the 5th round draft pick.

Requiem
07-28-2011, 04:16 AM
We gotta get Mebane or Jenkins now or people are going to be questioning the front office on FA moves early.

What people want and what we will end up getting are likely to be two different stories.

We could offer Mebane five years, fifty million and whose to say the Seahawks wouldn't offer him more? Someone else?

We aren't the only team in the league, and there are a lot of factors that will play into these players decisions. Money, likely the highest, but after five years of being stuck in reverse, well six -- since the AFCCG -- it is understandable why nobody worth a damn wants to play here.

Broncoman13
07-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Pats don't have an image issue amongst the league and their fanbase. They can take the high risk high reward players. I don't see Haynesworth being too happy in NE though, 3-4 is not gonna make him a top baller.

As for Seattle, you're impressed with Robert Gallery, Tavaris Jackson and Sidney Rice? Rice is a good player, but they wont be able to get him the ball... Plus $10mm per year, no thanks! I think they spent a lot of money to move sideways. Two steps backward and two steps forward. They will be looking for a new QB next year yet again. They are going nowhere fast!

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 04:21 AM
It's do or die time in FA this year. We have had huge names slide by that would made us legitimate this year. If the FO is saying 'screw it' for this year thats fine unless the dont do it bad enough to get #1 pick next year.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 04:24 AM
"I'd rather acquire Brandon Mebane (FA) and Randy Starks (Orton trade) "~Requiem

Thats still a loooooooooong shot at even getting one of those two, especially at rate our FO is going this year.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Pats don't have an image issue amongst the league and their fanbase. They can take the high risk high reward players. I don't see Haynesworth being too happy in NE though, 3-4 is not gonna make him a top baller.

As for Seattle, you're impressed with Robert Gallery, Tavaris Jackson and Sidney Rice? Rice is a good player, but they wont be able to get him the ball... Plus $10mm per year, no thanks! I think they spent a lot of money to move sideways. Two steps backward and two steps forward. They will be looking for a new QB next year yet again. They are going nowhere fast!

Those players upgraded there team, it's the principles. They are improving while we sit back and pray miami is dumb enough to trade for Orton.

Requiem
07-28-2011, 04:28 AM
"I'd rather acquire Brandon Mebane (FA) and Randy Starks (Orton trade) "~Requiem

Thats still a loooooooooong shot at even getting one of those two, especially at rate our FO is going this year.

Acquiring Haynesworth was a long-shot too.

I think the (2013) nature of the draft selection was indicative of the fact that league-wide, nobody wants to deal with him.

Broncoman13
07-28-2011, 04:29 AM

Why?

We are still in talks with both. 4 win teams usually have a tougher time in free agency unless you have an owner like Snyder or Allen that have no problem playing with Monopoly Money. We are gonna have to over pay, gotta figure out if it is worth it to over pay.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Like I said 5th rd pick 2 drafts down the road = free

Requiem
07-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Who cares?

Mebane, hopefully Starks, draft another stud next year. Ballin'.

FireFly
07-28-2011, 04:34 AM
I have to admit, our apparent inactivity is making me nervous....

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 04:35 AM
I don't see those players headed to Denver. I hate to be the downer talking Broncos w/ fellow fans. Just looking gray even w/ my orange tinted glasses

ICON
07-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Filed to ESPN: Washington traded DT Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a fifth-round pick in 2013.

-Adam Schefter.

Definitely didn't see this coming.

Binkythefrog
07-28-2011, 05:09 AM
I don't see those players headed to Denver. I hate to be the downer talking Broncos w/ fellow fans. Just looking gray even w/ my orange tinted glasses

Big splashy free agent acquisitions don't always pan out. They are one injury away from a huge cap hit. I'd like to see slightly more activity as, but I do think depth is also very important and I kinda like the be patient approach. I'd rather see the Broncos get two or three solid players for the price of a DeAngelo Williams.

_Oro_
07-28-2011, 05:12 AM
NE plays a lot of 43. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

RhymesayersDU
07-28-2011, 05:13 AM
I still think we should have tried to get him.

If he's good enough for one of the best franchises on the past decade, he's certainly good enough for us.

s0phr0syne
07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
NE plays a lot of 43. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yep! Belichick changes his scheme to fit his players better than anyone, and he's been creative in acquiring the personnel to give him that freedom.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-28-2011, 05:27 AM
So tired of hearing about Belichick. He's great and all (thanks to Brady), but what has he done recently?

RhymesayersDU
07-28-2011, 05:30 AM
So tired of hearing about Belichick. He's great and all (thanks to Brady), but what has he done recently?

There are so many funny internet images to tag this post with, I can't decide which one to use.

WolfpackGuy
07-28-2011, 05:31 AM

Since cheating his way to 3 Super Bowls and training the piece of *hit that set the Broncos back several years?

Nothing, really.

go_broncos
07-28-2011, 05:37 AM

He gave us Mcd.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Yes Bill Belichick single handly brought Broncos Country to its knees. He truly is a master mind. I think its because we gave him his first ever playoff loss?

Broncoman13
07-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Schefter just said that the Redskins paid Albert most of his money already, the pats have him for $5mm this year!

KevinJames
07-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Redskins going w/ Cullen Jenkins

this means we have to grab Mebane

strafen
07-28-2011, 05:58 AM
It's do or die time in FA this year. We have had huge names slide by that would made us legitimate this year. If the FO is saying 'screw it' for this year thats fine unless the dont do it bad enough to get #1 pick next year.Why don't you just wait and see until they've done.
Haynesworth, while a different maker, especially where he's happy, would not have been a good fit for Denver. I mean, for the city, the media, the distraction he would generate, etc, none of that. We don't need that.

Between now and Friday is when we will have find out what we've gotten

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Redskins going w/ Cullen Jenkins

this means we have to grab Mebane

Please be joking....

KevinJames
07-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Please be joking....

afraid I am not joking

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Besides Mebane, who would you say is worth wild at DT?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2011, 06:04 AM
WOW! WTF is going on in Dove Valley? Maybe they do only have one phone! So far all I hear all off season is this plan by EFX. "Going to have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C depending on rules for FA." Maybe I missed some major transactions so far by our FO that no one has put on the OM? NO? WTF has the world come to where Im jealous of Seagulles fans, they are bettering themselves as we speak? No way in hell I'll ever stop being a Bronco fan but this is....*sigh. So far the "Plan" was to trade a starter (hated Gaff but still...) for depth player at DE (position that we have decent depth already). 5th rd pick 2 drafts down the road = free. PLEASE EFX PROVE ME WRONG, I'LL EAT CROW TO GET SEMI RELEVANT THIS SEASON!!!

You whine a lot.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 06:08 AM
You whine a lot.

I guess we will see if it was justifiable? Like I sad I'll eat all the Crow if the do ANY moves at this point. Starting to look like deal w/ miami is falling through too.

KevinJames
07-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Besides Mebane, who would you say is worth wild at DT?

Aubrayo Franklin

I also like Andre Fluellen as a sleeper signing

we can always bring back Gerard Warren lol

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2011, 06:14 AM
I guess we will see if it was justifiable? Like I sad I'll eat all the Crow if the do ANY moves at this point. Starting to look like deal w/ miami is falling through too.

Fair enough, but.

You whine like a little kid. Your writing suggests you might be around college age... am I right?

At your age, and with this much anger and angst, you may well give yourself a heart attack before the age of 30. Over a football team. A football team over which you have zero control. Of anything.

So... Just, you know, be careful. Not worth it and all that.

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Forgot about Franklin. You should make a post of all the DT's that you wanted/bigname and put a dash over the name as the get picked up by other teams.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Forgot about Franklin. You should make a post of all the DT's that you wanted/bigname and put a dash over the name as the get picked up by other teams.

Patience, Veruca.

Hogan11
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Thank god , so people will stop talking about wanting him here.

He never would have given 100% and been a cancer here. Some people just appear to have this deep seeded need for an divisive ahole to be on the team I guess.

Anyways, Belichick has proven to be the best baby sitter in the league for these all talent/no brain types...as opposed to Shanahan who is about the worst nanny in the league. So I'm sure the move will be a success for NE.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/haynesworth.gif

Anyone ever see this?

Beantown Bronco
07-28-2011, 07:38 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/haynesworth.gif

Anyone ever see this?

What's funny and sad at the same time is, he was actually better on that one play than Denver's DTs were on 90% of their plays last year.

ColoradoDarin
07-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Thankfully we didn't get him, even at that price.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-28-2011, 07:41 AM
What's funny and sad at the same time is, he was actually better on that one play than Denver's DTs were on 90% of their plays last year.

He manages to pressure the quarterback, even if only to become a speedbump.

ColoradoDarin
07-28-2011, 07:41 AM

Holy crap, you're right. Even with the laying down for 6 seconds, he blew the play up. Still don't want him.

Gort
07-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Fair enough, but.

You whine like a little kid. Your writing suggests you might be around college age... am I right?

At your age, and with this much anger and angst, you may well give yourself a heart attack before the age of 30. Over a football team. A football team over which you have zero control. Of anything.

So... Just, you know, be careful. Not worth it and all that.

he's clearly got the early lead for the OM award for "douchiest newbie of 2011"

BroncoBuff
07-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Yeah guys, Belichick has done nothing without Brady.

Oh, except for that 11-5 record when they lost Brady for all of 2008.

But other than that, nothing :oyvey:

We screwed up ... at that price, we should have had him. He has something to prove now, and he'll prove it there instead of here.

BroncoBuff
07-28-2011, 07:55 AM
The bad news is we could have had Haynesworth and Mebane at DT.

The good news is that without them we're still in the running for Andrew Luck.

Pony Boy
07-28-2011, 08:14 AM
I fully expect Belichick to go after Plaxico Burress next...... Ha!

WolfpackGuy
07-28-2011, 08:19 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_M9ivclRZik4/SF26htlFqkI/AAAAAAAAABw/IM23rT4Tylw/s400/TecmoBowl.bmp

BroncoBuff
07-28-2011, 08:26 AM
I fully expect Belichick to go after Plaxico Burress next...... Ha!

Actually that would be a good move ... just like Hayneworth, he has something to prove. He would be a very big talent for very little money, and everybody would know he's on a short leash.

cutthemdown
07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
It's sooo ignorant of people to think because a player got dealt to, or signs with another team, that our FO blew it or didn't want to sign anyone. The Broncos are a laughingstock right now and many vet players would rather not go through a rebuilding process. It's going to be tough to get any good players in FA.

cutthemdown
07-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Those players upgraded there team, it's the principles. They are improving while we sit back and pray miami is dumb enough to trade for Orton.

You are being sort of stupid. It's really hard for the bad teams to make deals as easily as it is NE. Players want to play there because they win. When they hear trade to Denver, or sign with Denver, they think how bad we have been lately. Let's hope they can sign Mebane but realistically no one might want to play in Denver just yet.

Tombstone RJ
07-28-2011, 08:47 AM
the fail is strong in Skinstown... shanny paid the guy $20m and then traded him for a 5th... wow.

As for Albert Fatty, he's going to another 3-4 so I really hope he continues his player protest and does nothing for the pats...

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
You are being sort of stupid. It's really hard for the bad teams to make deals as easily as it is NE. Players want to play there because they win. When they hear trade to Denver, or sign with Denver, they think how bad we have been lately. Let's hope they can sign Mebane but realistically no one might want to play in Denver just yet.

You took that quote out of context. I was talking about seattle a team that is in same boat as us. So if you think seattle is a winning team, WHO IS BEING STUPID?

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
he's clearly got the early lead for the OM award for "douchiest newbie of 2011"

And you win biggest DOUCHE in the Universe over McDummy

Gort
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
And you win biggest DOUCHE in the Universe over McDummy

BTW, we are laughing at you... not with you. however, please continue posting your nonsense to this site. it amuses the membership greatly.

CEH
07-28-2011, 11:05 AM

The new motto this year "Suck for Luck"

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2011, 11:08 AM
You took that quote out of context. I was talking about seattle a team that is in same boat as us. So if you think seattle is a winning team, WHO IS BEING STUPID?

Seattle not only went to the playoffs last year, THEY WON A PLAYOFF GAME. AT HOME.

They've been to the Super Bowl more recently than we have. They have an owner who has been completely un-shy about giving a TON of money to free agents. Oh, they also play in a dope-ass city in a dope-ass stadium.

But other than all that... completely the same.

PS: Who is being stupid? It's you. Still.

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Not sure if people realize this yet but NE has been running a lot of 4-3 lately...so yeah.

ozomulsion
07-28-2011, 11:42 AM

I love the drama queens. It's nothing personal, but we get a few more
around here every season, and you guys always make me laugh. Don't
get me wrong, I'm not here to judge your approach. It just pretty F*ing
funny!

Houshyamama
07-28-2011, 02:33 PM
This is a great move for them IMO. Wilfork next to Fat Albert? I have a bad feeling about this.

TheChamp24
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
It's do or die time in FA this year. We have had huge names slide by that would made us legitimate this year. If the FO is saying 'screw it' for this year thats fine unless the dont do it bad enough to get #1 pick next year.

You need to relax. I don't care that we haven't signed anyone. Nobody was going to suddenly make this team a contender.
I'm just pissed we didn't take a DT in the draft, thats where you build your championship team.