PDA

View Full Version : ESPN RUMORS

supermanhr9
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

Someone, please share with us these rumors? For once they all look legit?

phibacka31
07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

Someone, please share with us these rumors? For once they all look legit?

There's talk that the broncos may get phili Merling and/or Starks for Orton.

Inkana7
07-27-2011, 01:28 PM

I'd be down for that!

ChrisToker
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Any one a ESPN INSIDER able to share the info via copy and paste?

WolfpackGuy
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Not ideal, but I'll take a player for a salary cut.

diehardbroncosfan
07-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Starks would be awesome!

Steve Prefontaine
07-27-2011, 01:35 PM
UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post (http://twitter.com/#%21/BenVolinPBP/status/96295393104637953) names Phillp Merling and Randy Starks as potential bargaining chips in a trade.
---
UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post (http://twitter.com/#%21/BenVolinPBP/status/96293693702676480) suggests that if Kyle Orton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8520) is traded to the Miami Dolphins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/mia/miami-dolphins), the Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos) may get a player or two in return instead of a draft pick. Volin points out that Denver needs defensive linemen, and the Dolphins are stacked at that position.
One monkeywrench in that plan: The Dolphins run a 3-4, and the Broncos are looking to transition to a 4-3.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I would bring in VY for a look if the price is right, possibly to unseat Quinn or to be a #3 guy, if he's willing.

Gcver2ver3
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Starks would be awesome!

checked out miami message boards...

dolphin fans flippin out over the idea of losing starks for orton in any potential deals...

makes me hope it happens even more...

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Starks is pretty good.

From wiki:

On May 24, 2009, Starks was arrested by police for running into a police officer with a Freightliner truck on Ocean Drive in South Beach, Miami. The truck left the scene after, but it was stopped by police a block later. Starks faces charges of aggravated battery.

Chris Andersen drives a freightliner... why?

BroncoInferno
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post (http://twitter.com/#%21/BenVolinPBP/status/96295393104637953) names Phillp Merling and Randy Starks as potential bargaining chips in a trade.
---
UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post (http://twitter.com/#%21/BenVolinPBP/status/96293693702676480) suggests that if Kyle Orton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8520) is traded to the Miami Dolphins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/mia/miami-dolphins), the Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos) may get a player or two in return instead of a draft pick. Volin points out that Denver needs defensive linemen, and the Dolphins are stacked at that position.
One monkeywrench in that plan: The Dolphins run a 3-4, and the Broncos are looking to transition to a 4-3.

Starks played in the 4-3 his first 4 seasons with the Titans. That'd be a great pickup.

Merling is just a body...we'd need at least a 4th to go along with him.

razorwire77
07-27-2011, 01:44 PM
This is interesting. Starks can play, especially in a 4-3 alignment. Chances are we would get a lot more production out of him, than a 3 or 4th round draft pick.

WolfpackGuy
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Starks is pretty good.

From wiki:

Chris Andersen drives a freightliner... why?

He must be good to get an 18 wheeler down Ocean Drive!

RunSilentRunDeep
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Per rotoworld: (http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=2806) According to Football Outsiders, Dolphins DL Randy Starks made a "stop" on a team-high 92 percent of his plays last season.

A stop is defined as "45 percent of needed yards on first down, 60 percent on second down or 100 percent on third down." Starks' counting stats dropped off in 2010, but he still played well enough to earn a trip to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. With Jared Odrick now healthy, the Dolphins should pick up where they left off in the final two months as one of the toughest run defenses in the NFL.

Popcorn Sutton
07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Per rotoworld: (http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=2806) According to Football Outsiders, Dolphins DL Randy Starks made a "stop" on a team-high 92 percent of his plays last season.

A stop is defined as "45 percent of needed yards on first down, 60 percent on second down or 100 percent on third down." Starks' counting stats dropped off in 2010, but he still played well enough to earn a trip to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. With Jared Odrick now healthy, the Dolphins should pick up where they left off in the final two months as one of the toughest run defenses in the NFL.

He was a pro bowler? Wow. I can't imagine actually having a pro bowler at Defensive Tackle in Denver. It's almost inconceivable.

serious hops
07-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Starks would be a really nice addition.

Which means we'll doubtlessly get Merling, if one of them is involved.

RunSilentRunDeep
07-27-2011, 01:51 PM
He was a pro bowler? Wow. I can't imagine actually having a pro bowler at Defensive Tackle in Denver. It's almost inconceivable.

Not sure, but I believe he was one of those Gus Frerrotte, nobody-else-wanted-to-go Pro Bowlers.

Houshyamama
07-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Not sure, but I believe he was one of those Gus Frerrotte, nobody-else-wanted-to-go Pro Bowlers.

That would definitely be an upgrade over our current tackles, who more closely resemble CFL players than they do NFL pro-bowlers.

Great13
07-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Starks would be a really nice addition.

Which means we'll doubtlessly get Merling, if one of them is involved.

I'll take both. Thank You! Seriously.. either one would be an upgrade over what we have inside right now. Athletic pass rushers from the inside to add to the rotation. They have a bunch of 3-4 ends so missing those two won't kill them.

Drek
07-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Starks would be an excellent piece to get. I'd still want Mebane, Franklin, etc. to give us two legit run stuffers to rotate and pair together on obvious downs. But then Starks plus Jenkins could be a nice three down pair.

zdoor
07-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I like the idea of Starks for ORton.

SouthStndJunkie
07-27-2011, 01:57 PM

The secret message is: Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Ovaltine, ugh!

OABB
07-27-2011, 02:03 PM

****ing awesome!

I double dog dare everyone to rep you for this.

EmpireOrange
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
If we got Starks in the trade: 1) I would be estatic, and 2) I will kill my insider sources for feeding me a line of crap about a running back

Lestat
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
a starting DT like Starks for Orton works for me. would be potentially better than a 2nd(depending on who was available)

Rabb
07-27-2011, 02:07 PM
If we got Starks in the trade: 1) I would be estatic, and 2) I will kill my insider sources for feeding me a line of crap about a running back

stop

just...stop

EmpireOrange
07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
stay tuned for more Bronco insider information.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-27-2011, 02:09 PM

The glass is round. The jar is round. It should be called "Roundtine!"

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jerry_seinfeld.jpg&sa=X&ei=Y3AwTo_YJvS20AHVyKiFAw&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHfnFRdqeOlyJCH6ua-S_MQREYYmg

And while we're here, what's the deal with airline peanuts?

CEH
07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
stay tuned for more Bronco insider information.

My question is what RB on MIA was even being brought up? I see no one worth talking about

Houshyamama
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM

My inside sources tell me that your inside sources are a pot-bellied pig and a reclining arm chair.

Steve Prefontaine
07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
UPDATE: Sources tell Rumor Central that Kyle Orton will likely be traded to the Miami Dolphins by the end of the day.

Kaylore
07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
My inside sources tell me that your inside sources are a pot-bellied pig and a reclining arm chair.

I killed my inside sources once when I ate a week old burrito against my wife's better judgement.

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 02:24 PM

Team up with ghostofjosh. He's REALLY got a score to settle and can show you how it's done.

Pick Six
07-27-2011, 02:26 PM

That's actually against OM rules, FYI. Taco John doesn't want to have any copyright problems...

EmpireOrange
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM

I broke the miami story d-weed. I got this. And with respect to your inside sources, sleuthing foot taps in the men's bathroom at cheeseman park is neither insider nor is information, brother. Frankly its troubles me.

Stay tune for some more Bronco insider information - Re: Corner Backs.

broncosteven
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I killed my inside sources once when I ate a week old burrito against my wife's better judgement.

Wives are smart that way...

zdoor
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM

LOL... That's always a bummer...

Houshyamama
07-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I broke the miami story d-weed. I got this. And with respect to your inside sources, sleuthing foot taps in the men's bathroom at cheeseman park is neither insider nor is information, brother. Frankly its troubles me.

Have you thought of selling your extra 21st chromosome on craigslist? You might be able to buy a clue with the proceeds.

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Have you thought of selling your extra 21st chromosome on craigslist? You might be able to buy a clue with the proceeds.

Can you buy a vowel on craigslist? Maybe that's where Mock was pointing us all these years.

srphoenix
07-27-2011, 02:33 PM

Vontae Davis???

supermanhr9
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
This Orton Trade is distracting us from every damn available free agent. I really hope we kill 2 birds 1 stone, trade Orton get Starks and a draft pick.

We need to hit free agency hard. Hope we land Cullen Jenkins too.

snowspot66
07-27-2011, 02:54 PM
This Orton Trade is distracting us from every damn available free agent. I really hope we kill 2 birds 1 stone, trade Orton get Starks and a draft pick.

I'm sure the Broncos have more than one phone and more than one employee to man said phones.

underrated29
07-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!

AHAHAHA- So many people do not know what an extra 21st chromosome means.

Well played

Hercules Rockefeller
07-27-2011, 02:56 PM

They're not on a continuous conference call with each other. They are able to do two things at once.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-27-2011, 03:02 PM

/gets popcorn ready
//practice fap

supermanhr9
07-27-2011, 03:27 PM
They're not on a continuous conference call with each other. They are able to do two things at once.

Nope. They only have 1 phone. and that is all. Heard it on the light rail

ChrisToker
07-27-2011, 03:47 PM
That's actually against OM rules, FYI. Taco John doesn't want to have any copyright problems...

My B, no need for trouble just excited. Starks w/ Mebane would be sick. What IF football gods felt our pain from the fiasco of McDummy and alowed us to trade KO and a3rd for Paul Soliai?

Houshyamama
07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Nope. They only have 1 phone. and that is all. Heard it on the light rail

Where did this meme originate? I don't think I was here for that.

oubronco
07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
My B, no need for trouble just excited. Starks w/ Mebane would be sick. What IF football gods felt our pain from the fiasco of McDummy and alowed us to trade KO and a3rd for Paul Soliai?

Or we get Starks, Mebane and Jenkins :strong:

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 03:50 PM

You would've been. Was that the Cutler had a sprained hand one?

Or something to do with Mustard being cut and resigned?

Hmmm....

Houshyamama
07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
You would've been. Was that the Cutler had a sprained hand one?

Or something to do with Mustard being cut and resigned?

Hmmm....

Yeah I don't know...

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah I don't know...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=48094

I believe that was it.

Houshyamama
07-27-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=48094

I believe that was it.

Haha, thanks.

ChrisToker
07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Or we get Starks, Mebane and Jenkins :strong:

We def need more than just warm bodies, if we got those three we go from scrubs to STUDS on the DLine

Steve Sewell
07-27-2011, 04:04 PM

I can't remember the exact thread, but it did pre-date your membership here.

UberBroncoMan
07-27-2011, 05:17 PM

...I'd do Starks in a heartbeat for Orton. Starks was a Pro-Bowl NT last year and is only getting $3.7 mill the next two years. We'd free up over $3 mill on top of that to get Mebane or Jenkins, which gives us two proven DT's...yummy.

UberBroncoMan
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
We def need more than just warm bodies, if we got those three we go from scrubs to STUDS on the DLine

If we got ALL THREE of them, we'd actually have a legitimately scary defense.

Pseudofool
07-27-2011, 05:22 PM
UPDATE: Sources tell Rumor Central that Kyle Orton will likely be traded to the Miami Dolphins by the end of the day.

UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post names Phillp Merling and Randy Starks as potential bargaining chips in a trade.

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Awesome!

Heard anything about Delhomme yet?

Broncobiv
07-27-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm sure the Broncos have more than one phone and more than one employee to man said phones.

Dude, where did the "I HATE sandcastles" avatar go? It was always one of my favorites!

Broncoman13
07-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Awesome!

Heard anything about Delhomme yet?

Signing with the Titans.

Broncos backed away from both Carolina players after they heard what Carolina was offering.

Gonna have to offer big money eventually. Won't be able to sign anyone if they dont.

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Signing with the Titans.

Broncos backed away from both Carolina players after they heard what Carolina was offering.

Gonna have to offer big money eventually. Won't be able to sign anyone if they dont.

I didn't know he was, thanks for that, but I was just being a prick because he posted an update that's been posted 2 or 3 times already. The Delhomme thing started a little bicker earlier for the same thing.

snowspot66
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Dude, where did the "I HATE sandcastles" avatar go? It was always one of my favorites!

Must have turned it off messing around with my profile. I'll see if I still have it somewhere.

Captain 'Dre
07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
I would bring in VY for a look if the price is right, possibly to unseat Quinn or to be a #3 guy, if he's willing.

IMO, Vince Young is a lost cause.

Might as well bring in Jamarcus. Ha!

ChrisToker
07-27-2011, 10:32 PM
IMO, Vince Young is a lost cause.

Might as well bring in Jamarcus. Ha!

Wait thats brilliant, Jamarcus would be ideal size for our DT issue. Sadly he would be the best DT on the team at the moment.....*sigh.

Requiem
07-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Starks and Mebane, guys I touted for years. Bring 'em in.

Bigdawg26
07-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah it would be great to get Mebane and Starks as our starting DT's!

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 12:14 AM
It would be great for EFX to sign any one right now....Didn't they have a "Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C" for when FA started? I hope Im just over reacting but right now im kind of jealous of the moves the Seahawks are making, just the fact they are making a splash in FA waters.

ZONA
07-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Mebane and Starks would be a serious upgrade for us at DT. Bring back Bannon and Thomas as backups. No more worries at DT for a good while.

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Mebane and Starks would be a serious upgrade for us at DT. Bring back Bannon and Thomas as backups. No more worries at DT for a good while.

Imagine that core with Doom and Ayers on the edge and Von as the Joker...

Just think of that pressure.

Meanwhile we still have DJ starting (who definitely above average).

Then in the backfield we have Champ and Moore as our "Reed/Sharper" style ball hawk, who will do nothing but benefit from hurried throws, etc.

We really have a great looking defense at that point...and that's not counting the rookies who are looking to fill the other voids.

Boomhauer
07-28-2011, 04:20 AM

With Xanders ordering pizza and Fox ordering TacoJohn's (12tacos and a 2lbs potato ole' please), they better have at least three.

Rabb
07-28-2011, 06:42 AM
It would be great for EFX to sign any one right now....Didn't they have a "Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C" for when FA started? I hope Im just over reacting but right now im kind of jealous of the moves the Seahawks are making, just the fact they are making a splash in FA waters.

you are seriously already one of the worst posters here, and probably an alt account, welcome to ignore

my God people are cynical right now

ChrisToker
07-28-2011, 06:57 AM
you are seriously already one of the worst posters here, and probably an alt account, welcome to ignore

my God people are cynical right now

Tough guy putting me on ignore. So be it, haven't noticed any relevant posts from you. This WAS the time to get three or four guys to at least prevent AFC WEST from rammed the ball down our thoats. You Rabb probably enjoy things rammed down yours.

MABroncoFan
07-28-2011, 06:58 AM
rotoworld.com...

ESPN's John Clayton reports that the Broncos are holding out for a second- or third-round pick in a Kyle Orton trade.

Clayton suggested the Dolphins have yet to meet that demand, instead offering a "four or a five." The Fins have blown so many second-round draft picks on quarterbacks in recent years (Pat White, John Beck, Chad Henne) that we're a bit surprised they wouldn't want to shore up the QB spot with a top-15 NFL passer like Orton. They're also working on a Reggie Bush deal, of course. Related: DolphinsJul 28, 8:16 AM

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2011, 07:03 AM
...I'd do Starks in a heartbeat for Orton. Starks was a Pro-Bowl NT last year and is only getting $3.7 mill the next two years. We'd free up over $3 mill on top of that to get Mebane or Jenkins, which gives us two proven DT's...yummy.

Ew.

Captain 'Dre
07-28-2011, 08:55 AM

On to Plan W! ugh!~