PDA

View Full Version : Tebow/ESPN

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
There was a feature on espn.com's stats and information page yesterday that they just took down.

The title was "Tebow not accurate"

This was the tagline:
Tim Tebow completed just 51 percent of his passes on throws 10 or fewer yards downfield last season, the lowest rate in the NFL among QBs with at least 40 attempts.

Hmmmm

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 11:37 AM
****ing awesome story.

Gcver2ver3
07-27-2011, 11:37 AM
cool story bro...

vancejohnson82
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
I once saw Gary beat up a guy with a starfish

....that guy was me

Rabb
07-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I just ate like a dozen wings for lunch, and started thinking...how many can I put down in one sitting. I am thinking 30 at least.

snowspot66
07-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow, they really had to reach for that one. Tim had exactly 40 passes of 10 yards or less.

alkemical
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
indoor skiing?

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow, they really had to reach for that one. Tim had exactly 40 passes of 10 yards or less.

This.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I just ate like a dozen wings for lunch, and started thinking...how many can I put down in one sitting. I am thinking 30 at least.

Go to South Philly Cheesteaks on University for 50 cent wings.

strafen
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM

Dang!
That's a lot of wings.
I went light today. Spinach salad, feta cheese, spicy pecans, sun dried pears and cranberries. Good stuff! :wiggle:

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
indoor skiing?

Dubai

Gort
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
There was a feature on espn.com's stats and information page yesterday that they just took down.

This was the tagline:

Hmmmm

ESPN hates puppies and rainbows too.

alkemical
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Never trust a coke head.

Los Broncos
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Go for 50, man up.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
BTW I didn't start this thread to bash Tebow... but to bash ESPN.

DHallblows
07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Go to South Philly Cheesteaks on University for 50 cent wings.

Are you suggesting that is a good deal on wings? ???

underrated29
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I once saw Gary beat up a guy with a starfish

....that guy was me

Looks like you've got some pain behind those eyes.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 12:14 PM
My spellcheck changes "Tebow" to "Taboo" .... ironic?

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Are you suggesting that is a good deal on wings? ???

It's cheaper than Greeks Gone Wild, who, IMO has the best wings in Denver.

broncocalijohn
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Per ESPN: Tim Tebow completed just 51 percent of his passes on throws 10 or fewer yards downfield last season, the lowest rate in the NFL among QBs with at least 40 attempts.

I guess we will have to have passes of 11 yards or more. Simple solution.

WonkeyDonkey
07-27-2011, 12:19 PM
leave Timmay ALONE!!!!!

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
leave Timmay ALONE!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KioDf8C8aTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SouthStndJunkie
07-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Dubai

You don't want to do the kind of indoor skiing Josh is talking about in Dubai....unless you want to be in the next episode of 'Locked up Abroad'.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
You don't want to do the kind of indoor skiing Josh is talking about in Dubai....unless you want to be in the next episode of 'Locked up Abroad'.

How come cocaine is all the sudden a topic of intrest?

alkemical
07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
How come cocaine is all the sudden a topic of intrest?

it's a hell of a drug

Darkdoc
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM

This was the tagline:

Hmmmm

The kind of statement that will mean nothing when the first season game begins.

That One Guy
07-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Go for 50, man up.

Back in the day, I used to get the 50 wing deal at Hooters when we'd have lunches out.

Inevitably, people would see my heaping pile so 4-5 were probably gone by the end. I'd eat the rest but feel like laying down and dying right there. I could do 45, not sure if I could've gotten to 50.

Nowadays I'm too cheap to buy more than 10-20.

Pick Six
07-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, duh. Tebow is a more athletic (and smarter) Bradley Van Pelt. We'll see how that works out...:pray:

Gort
07-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Well, duh. Tebow is a more athletic (and smarter) Bradley Van Pelt. We'll see how that works out...:pray:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SJVxADWT4Ug/TgIsk1fKRpI/AAAAAAAABIc/6jSVcemlrGE/s1600/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

BVP:
- QB at Colorado State
- drafted in 7th round
- known for getting drunk at CSU/CU games
- currently playing as a QB/S in a UK football league

TT:
- QB at FL
- 2-time national champ
- 3-time all american
- AP player of the year
- Heisman Trophy winner
- 2-time Maxwell Award winner
- drafted in 1st round
- known for not getting drunk anywhere, ever
- currently playing as QB in NFL

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
This is an easy explanation.. Tebow only throws passes 10 yards or less as a last resort... he is usually trying to throw downfield and doesn't accept dinking and dunking. Which is why shorter passes are his least effective. This is the opposite of most QBs today.

Most QBs today are so homogenized and processed they are trained to specialize in dinking and dunking. Low risk low reward. "Don't play to win. play to manage the game". This may be why Tebow stands out so much in this era - he's not afraid to actually compete and go for the win. He also had one of the best YPA in his first 3 starts. He had an excellent YPA in college too, even against SEC defenses.

SoonerBronco
07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
cool story bro...

Slow clap...nicley done.

OABB
07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
This is an easy explanation.. Tebow only throws passes 10 yards or less as a last resort... he is usually trying to throw downfield and doesn't accept dinking and dunking. Which is why shorter passes are his least effective. This is the opposite of most QBs today.

Most QBs today are so homogenized and processed they are trained to specialize in dinking and dunking. Low risk low reward. "Don't play to win. play to manage the game". This may be why Tebow stands out so much in this era - he's not afraid to actually compete and go for the win. He also had one of the best YPA in his first 3 starts. He had an excellent YPA in college too, even against SEC defenses.

even against sec defenses? wow?

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
even against sec defenses? wow?

Yeah, you know.. the conference that has completely dominated the championship and bowl games over the last several years.. even after beating each other up all season.

snowspot66
07-27-2011, 02:26 PM

I would go with the simple explanation that with only 40 passes attempted it would take a whopping four extra completions to result in a 60% completion rate. The sample size is too small.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 02:31 PM
I would go with the simple explanation that with only 40 passes attempted it would take a whopping four extra completions to result in a 60% completion rate. The sample size is too small.

IMHO the sample size is so small because Tebow doesn't focus on dinking and dunking. Tebow's mind doesn't work like that. It's a losers mentality. You can't dominate in the SEC with that mentality either. Orton probably could in his conference in college though. This is why guys play in the SEC... to prepare them to win in the NFL.

Agamemnon
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
IMHO the sample size is so small because Tebow doesn't focus on dinking and dunking. Tebow's mind doesn't work like that. It's a losers mentality. You can't dominate in the SEC with that mentality either. Orton probably could in his conference in college though. This is why guys play in the SEC... to prepare them to win in the NFL.

The West Coast Offense is predicated on short and intermediate passes. Various forms of said offense have yielded seven super bowl wins (off the top of my head). It's not a loser mentality. It's methodical ball-control offense.

I do agree that Tebow is more prone to throw deep and medium passes. But that's more the result of the style of offense he played in college than anything else. Trust me, Tebow will throw short passes more often and with greater success as his career matures. At the same time I fully expect him to become a premiere deep ball QB in the league, likely only rivaled by Rivers. That is a definite strength in his game.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
The West Coast Offense is predicated on short and intermediate passes. Various forms of said offense have yielded seven super bowl wins (off the top of my head). It's not a loser mentality. It's methodical ball-control offense.

I do agree that Tebow is more prone to throw deep and medium passes. But that's more the result of the style of offense he played in college than anything else. Trust me, Tebow will throw short passes more often and with greater success as his career matures. At the same time I fully expect him to become a premiere deep ball QB in the league, likely only rivaled by Rivers. That is a definite strength in his game.

This. Tebow has a good intermediate and deep game. The WCO also uses rollouts and pulling guards. Tebow will work find in Fox's version of the WCO.

Kind of interesting to think that the Broncos for 16 years ran WCO, then moved to the Perkins system... and now we're back to the WCO.

As far as I know Fox runs a very similar offensive system to Shanahan's.

OrangeSe7en
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SJVxADWT4Ug/TgIsk1fKRpI/AAAAAAAABIc/6jSVcemlrGE/s1600/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

BVP:
- QB at Colorado State
- drafted in 7th round

TT:
- QB at FL
- 2-time national champ
- 3-time all american
- AP player of the year
- Heisman Trophy winner
- drafted in 1st round
- Sugar Bowl record for passing yards
- At time of graduation was Florida high school all time leading passer

I added a couple of noteworthy accomplishments.

Agamemnon
07-27-2011, 04:22 PM
This. Tebow has a good intermediate and deep game. The WCO also uses rollouts and pulling guards. Tebow will work find in Fox's version of the WCO.

Kind of interesting to think that the Broncos for 16 years ran WCO, then moved to the Perkins system... and now we're back to the WCO.

He runs a similar running game. Passing game not so much. And remember that McCoy has already said that much of the offense will stay the same. I expect that to be particularly true of the passing game. I really don't expect a West Coast passing game, especially not with Tebow. That would be an odd move.

Drek
07-27-2011, 04:24 PM

McCoy said he isn't going to dramatically overhaul the system so take that for what it's worth. Fox is a defense first guy though he's repeatedly mentioned that our running game is going to be a focus this year.

I'd expect we keep much of the passing concepts from last year while trying to introduce Carolina's style of running game.

OrangeSe7en
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM

The funny thing is that, in college and at this point as a pro, Tebow's more effective with the deep ball than Cutler, which is kind of ironic since, because of Cutler's arm strength, you'd think it might be the opposite. The cool thing with Tebow is that his run threat opens up the field since the intermediate defenders have to be aware of his running. This, in theory, opens up passing lanes.

Agamemnon
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
McCoy said he isn't going to dramatically overhaul the system so take that for what it's worth. Fox is a defense first guy though he's repeatedly mentioned that our running game is going to be a focus this year.

I'd expect we keep much of the passing concepts from last year while trying to introduce Carolina's style of running game.

Exactly.

Agamemnon
07-27-2011, 04:28 PM
The funny thing is that, in college and at this point as a pro, Tebow's more effective with the deep ball than Cutler, which is kind of ironic since, because of Cutler's arm strength, you'd think it might be the opposite. The cool thing with Tebow is that his run threat opens up the field since the intermediate defenders have to be aware of his running. This, in theory, opens up passing lanes.

That only reveals one of the faulty notions many have about the deep passing game. Arm strength does not equate to down-field accuracy. Tebow has above average arm strength for an NFL QB, and can easily throw the ball 50+ yards. And unlike Cutler he's actually adept at leading and hitting his receivers in stride when he does.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2011, 04:30 PM
If that's the case (keeping our passing offense in tact, focusing on running and defense) then I expect a dramatic improvement for the Broncos this year... possibly even a winning record. I still think we have more talent than most 4-12 teams.

OrangeSe7en
07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
That only reveals one of the faulty notions many have about the deep passing game. Arm strength does not equate to down-field accuracy. Tebow has above average arm strength for an NFL QB, and can easily throw the ball 50+ yards. And unlike Cutler he's actually adept at leading and hitting his receivers in stride when he does.

Its not purely about leading the WR as much as it is putting enough air under it to let them make a play. Cutler could lead his guy but give him no chance because its put on too much of a line. I dont know. It seems like there's still more to it though. It's like a hand-eye coordination thing maybe?

gyldenlove
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM

BVP:
- QB at Colorado State
- drafted in 7th round

TT:
- QB at FL
- 2-time national champ
- 3-time all american
- AP player of the year
- Heisman Trophy winner
- drafted in 1st round

He also set an NCAA and SEC record for career passer rating (the NCAA record was beaten by Sam Bradford a year later). He set records for most TDs by an SEC player. He also has more rushing TDs than any other SEC player ever, more total offensive yards than any SEC player.

Agamemnon
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Its not purely about leading the WR as much as it is putting enough air under it to let them make a play. Cutler could lead his guy but give him no chance because its put on too much of a line. I dont know. It seems like there's still more to it though. It's like a hand-eye coordination thing maybe?

Whatever the case Cutler has never been very good at it despite his touted arm strength.

broncocalijohn
07-27-2011, 05:27 PM

I like Tebow but you are a total work of art. Stop kissin ghis ass every moment and look at something he might need to work on and that is getting the ball out quick in a not so spread out defense. I know you think he is perfect but believe it or not, we only kid that he is God. He has things to work on and would admit so much. You are just too blind and need to make up some stupid excuse. He passes where the coach tells him to. If he doesn't complete the short stuff, there is a problem. Luckily, he can work on it and he will be one offseason smarter than when he came in to those 3 games.

yerner
07-27-2011, 05:36 PM

this is it. the dumbest **** ive read on the mane. congrats.

Cleo McDowell
07-27-2011, 05:43 PM
According to Jamie Dukes, Tebow is the best leader in the NFL..

"I'll follow him" - Warren Sapp

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82106b12/Is-Tebow-a-natural-born-leader?module=HP11_content_stream

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
this is it. the dumbest **** ive read on the mane. congrats.

All truth goes through three phases....

Especially with idiots like yourself.

Haven;t we already gone over this... oh.. right.. that's why you are an idiot.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
I like Tebow but you are a total work of art. Stop kissin ghis ass every moment and look at something he might need to work on and that is getting the ball out quick in a not so spread out defense. I know you think he is perfect but believe it or not, we only kid that he is God. He has things to work on and would admit so much. You are just too blind and need to make up some stupid excuse. He passes where the coach tells him to. If he doesn't complete the short stuff, there is a problem. Luckily, he can work on it and he will be one offseason smarter than when he came in to those 3 games.

Tebow had arguably the greatest college career ever.... have you ever considered his approach to the game might be the reason for that?

After watching Kyle Orton last season I don't know how you could miss it.

No balls no babies..

Concentrating on being a great 10 yard passer isn't going to get you far.

Remember.. you are ignoring he has one of the highest YPA as well.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM

You know what MacGruder? I like you. You're not like the other people here on the Orange Mane. Oh no, don't get me wrong, they're fine people, good Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57. Maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer. They're good fine people, MacGruder. But they don't know what the queers are doing to the soil.

You know that tsiguy96 kid - the kid who delivers twitter posts to the Orange Mane? He's a fine kid. Some of the posters say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his 10th birthday, all he wanted was a burrow owl, he keep bugging baja. "baja, get me a burrow owl. I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live". So baja breaks down and buys him a burrow owl. Anyway at 10:30 the other night I go out into my yard and there's the tsiguy96 looking up in the tree. I said, "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm looking for my burrow owl." I say, "Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Everybody knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground! Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?!" Now MacGruder, do you think a kid like that is gonna know what the queers are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this, about 10 years ago, the summer my oldest boy Lev Jr. died. You know that carnival that comes to town every year? Well this year it came with a ride called the Mixer. The man said "Keep your head and arms inside the mixer at all times." But Lev Jr., he was a daredevil, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying, "Hey everybody! Look at me, look at me!" POW! He was decapitated. They found his head over by the snow-cone concession. A few days after that, I open up the mail and there's a pamphlet in there, from Pueblo, Colorado. And it's addressed to Lev Jr. And it's entitled, "Do you know what the queers are doing to our soil?"

Now MacGruder, if you look at the soil around any large U.S. city with a big underground homosexual population - Kansas City, Missouri, perfect example. Look at the soil around Kansas City, MacGruder. You can't build on it, you can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on, MacGruder. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay
Martians. I swear to God.

You know what MacGruder, I like you. You're not like the other people, here on the Orange Mane.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 06:28 PM

You are missing the point IMHO...

Tebow is arguably the most physically imposing QB to ever play the game. To throw the ball deep you need to protect your QB long enough to get the ball out OR you need a QB that is able to take the hits he will holding on to the ball.

This is one of the biggest reasons Kyle Orton was such a horrible deep passer... he could not or would not take the hits necessary to make deeper passes frequently.

Do you realize how much punishment Tebow took in a spread offense in the SEC to be one of the best deep passers even though he was in the SEC?

People said Urban Meyer's system would not work in the SEC for this reason. And without Tebow you saw what happened to John Brantley last year in the same system. Tebow did not have a great offensive line either nor did he have a great running game around him to take pressure off him. He was getting hit constantly all through his college career.

Other QBs who win in the spread have the best O-lines available.. like Cam Newton last year at Auburn.. or Bill Bellichick protecting Brady.. Or Sam Bradford who also had the most dominant Oline in college and played soft defenses.

Tom Brady not only has stellar protection only Bellichick seems to provide in the NFL.. but he also had a dominant defense when he won. Most teams that win the Superbowl do. Most teams that win in this era win with their D not their O. Which shows the problem with QBs in this era IMHO.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 06:32 PM
You know what MacGruder? I like you. You're not like the other people here on the Orange Mane. Oh no, don't get me wrong, they're fine people, good Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57. Maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer. They're good fine people, MacGruder. But they don't know what the queers are doing to the soil.

You know that tsiguy96 kid - the kid who delivers twitter posts to the Orange Mane? He's a fine kid. Some of the posters say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his 10th birthday, all he wanted was a burrow owl, he keep bugging baja. "baja, get me a burrow owl. I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live". So baja breaks down and buys him a burrow owl. Anyway at 10:30 the other night I go out into my yard and there's the tsiguy96 looking up in the tree. I said, "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm looking for my burrow owl." I say, "Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Everybody knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground! Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?!" Now MacGruder, do you think a kid like that is gonna know what the queers are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this, about 10 years ago, the summer my oldest boy Lev Jr. died. You know that carnival that comes to town every year? Well this year it came with a ride called the Mixer. The man said "Keep your head and arms inside the mixer at all times." But Lev Jr., he was a daredevil, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying, "Hey everybody! Look at me, look at me!" POW! He was decapitated. They found his head over by the snow-cone concession. A few days after that, I open up the mail and there's a pamphlet in there, from Pueblo, Colorado. And it's addressed to Lev Jr. And it's entitled, "Do you know what the queers are doing to our soil?"

Now MacGruder, if you look at the soil around any large U.S. city with a big underground homosexual population - Kansas City, Missouri, perfect example. Look at the soil around Kansas City, MacGruder. You can't build on it, you can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on, MacGruder. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay

You know what MacGruder, I like you. You're not like the other people, here on the Orange Mane.

You really have a lot of time on your hands don't you....

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
You really have a lot of time on your hands don't you....

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Took 2 minutes. Your head is flat and filled with metal? Sounds right.

bowtown
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM

Yeah it could be that, or it could just be that he's ONLY PLAYED THREE GAMES. Jesus, you have a convoluted reasoning for absolutely everything. I bet when you can't find your car keys, instead of looking a little harder, you start setting up covert video monitoring equipment around your house and tracking your neighbor's every move.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah it could be that, or it could just be that he's ONLY PLAYED THREE GAMES. Jesus, you have a convoluted reasoning for absolutely everything. I bet when you can't find your car keys, instead of looking a little harder, you start setting up covert video monitoring equipment around your house and tracking your neighbor's every move.

It's called thinking.. you should try it some time...

As I said.. if by watching Orton play last season you don't understand what I am saying something is seriously wrong.

Archer81
07-27-2011, 07:44 PM
All truth goes through three phases....

Especially with idiots like yourself.

Haven;t we already gone over this... oh.. right.. that's why you are an idiot.

No it does not.

The truth is simply the truth. It would benefit you to alter this saying. Acceptance of truth might go through three phrases.

But even then you would still be a pillow biting ****tard.

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Tebow had arguably the greatest college career ever.... have you ever considered his approach to the game might be the reason for that?

After watching Kyle Orton last season I don't know how you could miss it.

No balls no babies..

Concentrating on being a great 10 yard passer isn't going to get you far.

Remember.. you are ignoring he has one of the highest YPA as well.

Ever here of Tommy Frazier?

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 07:52 PM

How many Florida Gators does it take to tackle Tommy Frazier?

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 07:53 PM
How many Florida Gators does it take to tackle Tommy Frazier?

It's never been done ROFL!

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Here is the big quote from Tebow:

I watch that Fiesta Bowl (1996 win over Florida) game two or three times a year. In fact, I just watched it a couple weeks ago. At the time, it made me cry because they were beating my team. But I love watching that run. What did he break, like, 27 tackles? Watching that game gets me going. It's an example of how you play the game. I loved all the Nebraska quarterbacks. I loved how they played the game, with their toughness, their leadership.

But I will save the last word for Frazier himself:

I see a lot of him in me. I see a quarterback who's not afraid to run the ball, not afraid to take charge. I see a quarterback who people feel can't throw the ball but still goes out and gets the job done. He's the leader of the team. Those are all qualities I hope I possessed. And hopefully when he watched me (growing up), he said, that's a guy that I like the way he plays the game.'

What's funny is both Orton and Tebow each picked their numbers from Husker QB's.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:02 PM

Tommy Frazier didn't play in the SEC in this era.. the SEC now is probably the toughest conference with the greatest parity in college football history.

Sam Bradford in the BIG2 is Tommy Frazier.

Tommy Frazier was only 6 ft and 210 lbs and nowhere near the passer Tebow is.

Tebow is 6'3 250 lbs of concrete cyanide and throws deep better than the God that is Orton.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:10 PM
No it does not.

The truth is simply the truth. It would benefit you to alter this saying. Acceptance of truth might go through three phrases.

But even then you would still be a pillow biting ****tard.

That line I keep saying is a quote from a famous philosopher.. He's referring to profound truths.. He is trying to make a profound point.

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your arrogance and foolishness.

Baba Booey
07-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow ESPN...

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/1309917180234.gif

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Tommy Frazier didn't play in the SEC in this era.. the SEC now is probably the toughest conference with the greatest parity in college football history.

Look up the 1971 Big 8.

Sam Bradford in the BIG2 is Tommy Frazier.

Is this english?

Tommy Frazier was only 6 ft and 210 lbs and nowhere near the passer Tebow is.
Tebow is 6'3 250 lbs of concrete cyanide and throws deep better than the God that is Orton.
Ok.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Look up the 1971 Big 8.

Is this english?

Ok.

So you think the ahtletes in 1971 were anywhere near comparable to athletes now in this era? Not to mention the coaching and preparation and ubiquitous technology and video coverage of games.

Hilarious!

:pigsfly:

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM
So you think the ahtletes in 1971 were anywhere near comparable to athletes now in this era? Not to mention the coaching and preparation and ubiquitous technology and video coverage of games.

Hilarious!

:pigsfly:

Now you are talking about individual players. Do you see how thats different then comparing parity and conference strength?

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Now you are talking about individual players. Do you see how thats different then comparing parity and conference strength?

Don't waste your time this clown knows nothing about sports. College football started just a few years ago in his world.

Garcia Bronco
07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Tim is the man and everybody likes him here in Colorado, but not everyone believes yet.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM

We were originally talking about the performance of an individual player.. that was the entire point of the discussion.

Flail.

It was easier for an individual to dominate in past eras because even though the teams were relatively equal in talent the level of athletic talent was much much lower then than now.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 08:39 PM
We were originally talking about the performance of an individual player.. that was the entire point of the discussion.

Flail.

It was easier for an individual to dominate in past eras because even though the teams were relatively equal in talent the level of athletic talent was much much lower then than now.

Now you're projecting because you have lost the argument and you proving my point because you are owned.

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Flail.

It was easier for an individual to dominate in past eras because even though the teams were relatively equal in talent the level of athletic talent was mucCh much lower then than now.

Three straight years of playing for a NC. 33-3 as a starter. 4 Conference championships. Back to back NCs.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Don't waste your time this clown knows nothing about sports. College football started just a few years ago in his world.

There's a reason why there is so much parity in the SEC now.. and it started after Frazier. It was the limitations on scholarships put in place.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Three straight years of playing for a NC. 33-3 as a starter. 4 Conference championships. Back to back NCs.

Yeah.. in the soft BIG12. And he was doing it on a team that was far more loaded than the competition.

People assumed Tebow was dominating for the same reason when it was the complete opposite. he was carrying the team not the other way around. And SEC teams could focus on him and dare others to beta them. They could not do this to Frazier because his team was so much better than the competition. No parity.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Now you're projecting because you have lost the argument and you proving my point because you are owned.

No response because you were owned.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Tim is the man and everybody likes him here in Colorado, but not everyone believes yet.

I am really happy that Tebow went to Denver. I think you guys will defend him fiercely when you see how great he is.

I don't know what it was about Florida fans but they were really soft and didn't stick up for Tebow when the media and nation trashed him. It was bizarre.

But right now you are right they are still skeptical because they bought into the silly criticisms in the media.

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
There's a reason why there is so much parity in the SEC now.. and it started after Frazier. It was the limitations on scholarships put in place.

What? College football got watered down because BIG schools lost scholarships. Teams like Marshall, TCU, Rice, Boise State get better players because schools like OU, NU, Florida, etc.. don't get to give the scholarships they once did. There is a MOTHER ****ING reason why each year teams like NU, FSU, UM, OU, played for the NC every year. THEY HAD THE BEST PLAYERS.

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah.. in the soft BIG12. And he was doing it on a team that was far more loaded than the competition.

People assumed Tebow was dominating for the same reason when it was the complete opposite. he was carrying the team not the other way around. And SEC teams could focus on him and dare others to beta them. They could not do this to Frazier because his team was so much better than the competition. No parity.

IT WAS THE BIG8 YOU DUMB ****! YOU KNOW NOTHING.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 08:50 PM

I know your retard ass isn't going to listen but just for clarification (and to prove once again that you have no knowledge) Tommy played in the Big 8.

broncocalijohn
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
If this thing goes the way of Dagmar's thread, MacGruder should be banned. He will turn fans into actually wanting the SEC and Tebow to fail just to watch him try to sliver out of that F up. Go away MacGruder.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
What? College football got watered down because BIG schools lost scholarships. Teams like Marshall, TCU, Rice, Boise State get better players because schools like OU, NU, Florida, etc.. don't get to give the scholarships they once did. There is a MOTHER ****ING reason why each year teams like NU, FSU, UM, OU, played for the NC every year. THEY HAD THE BEST PLAYERS.

Wrong chappy. The rich in other conferences stayed just as rich.. because they had a huge edge playing weak teams anyway. That is not the case in the SEC. It made SEC teams even closer in talent level so 1 or 2 teams in the conference couldn't dominate like other conferences.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
If this thing goes the way of Dagmar's thread, MacGruder should be banned. He will turn fans into actually wanting the SEC and Tebow to fail just to watch him try to sliver out of that F up. Go away MacGruder.

The witch hunt continues..

Slither out of what F up? You still have no response..

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I know your retard ass isn't going to listen but just for clarification (and to prove once again that you have no knowledge) Tommy played in the Big 8.

LOL

You really are desperate aren't you..

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Wrong chappy. The rich in other conferences stayed just as rich.. because they had a huge edge playing weak teams anyway. That is not the case in the SEC. It made SEC teams even closer in talent level so 1 or 2 teams in the conference couldn't dominate like other conferences.

Yeah if you knew anything I would care.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM
IT WAS THE BIG8 YOU DUMB ****! YOU KNOW NOTHING.

I would change the subject if I was you too....

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
LOL

You really are desperate aren't you..

can you name the original BIG8 teams?

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
can you name the original BIG8 teams?

So are you admitting you lost the other argument by changing the subject?

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I would change the subject if I was you too....
I would know something about a subject if I was you....

HAT
07-27-2011, 09:05 PM
This thread needs some bat ****.....

http://cannabisqueen.com/files/2009/08/bat-guano.jpg

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I would know something about a subject if I was you....

Let me know when you want to continue debating the actual argument. I doubt that will happen though because you know you have lost it.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
So are you admitting you lost the other argument by changing the subject?

He is pointing out that you don't even have a basic knowledge of the subject you are arguing about.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
This thread needs some bat ****.....

http://cannabisqueen.com/files/2009/08/bat-guano.jpg

Another witch hunt.. Mob mentality at it's finest...

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
He is pointing out that you don't even have a basic knowledge of the subject you are arguing about.

Wrong.. because that issue has no relevance to the subject...

If that was the case you could nitpick any issue and claim victor.

Which has to be the stupidest line of thinking imaginable..

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:11 PM

winner

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 09:13 PM

No, he is asking for VERY BASIC knowledge. you don't know **** just admit it.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:14 PM
You can't make a brainless mob think.

They could convince themselves of anything...

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Everyone can have sex, not everyone knows what they are doing.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:15 PM
No, he is asking for VERY BASIC knowledge. I don't know **** just admit it.

You mean like knowledge of the actual argument you are trying to avoid? Instead you are nitpicking something that really has no bearing on the issue.. Because you lost.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:17 PM

Your argument seems to be that if you don't know every aspect of a subject then you can't possibly be right about any discussion on that subject.

Which has to be the stupidest thing I have ever read...

Hilarious!

:wave:

It's really just another form of a witch hunt ironically...

Isn't that ironic...

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Why are you here again? Isn't there some sort of Tebow fan club you could pester?

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
You mean like knowledge of the actual argument you are trying to avoid? Instead you are nitpicking something that really has no bearing on the issue.. Because you lost.

4 teams watered down the BIG 12 you dumb ass.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Why would 4 teams water down the big 12?

Way to support an argument.. LOL

Why would a conference want more teams in order to water themselves down?

This is quite a theory you have here..

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Why would 4 teams water down the big 12?

Way to support an argument.. LOL

Why would a conference want more teams in order to water themselves down?

This is quite a theory you have here..

Who did we let in? Its really not that hard to figure out. Hilarious!

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Who did we let in? Its really not that hard to figure out. Hilarious!

What is your point?

Can you type more than one or two sentences?

DHallblows
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
What is your point?

Can you type more than one or two sentences?

Ironic given your two sentence response...

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Ironic given your two sentence response...

That's not ALL I type tho, halfwit. I actually tried to really reason with you dinguses.

DHallblows
07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
That's not ALL I type tho, halfwit. I actually tried to really reason with you dinguses.

All truth goes through 3 phases, son...

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 09:38 PM
All truth goes through 3 phases, son...

I wasn't ridiculing your supposed truth. I was disproving it.

Archer81
07-27-2011, 09:38 PM

1,326 posts. 1,326 dead angels.

Terrorist.

DHallblows
07-27-2011, 09:56 PM
I wasn't ridiculing your supposed truth. I was disproving it.

Phase 1

baja
07-27-2011, 10:06 PM

That's actually pretty good. f it's not plagiarized you have a future as a writer.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 10:14 PM
That's actually pretty good. f it's not plagiarized you have a future as a writer.

His story reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVm1K_emzIA

broncocalijohn
07-27-2011, 10:39 PM
The witch hunt continues..

Slither out of what F up? You still have no response..

Slither out of the hole you made. If Tebow or SEC fail, you will find a way to blame the sun or moon just so you can be right. See, you make enemies when the subject is someone that we all like in Tebow. Tough to do but somehow your personality did just that.

MacGruder
07-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Slither out of the hole you made. If Tebow or SEC fail, you will find a way to blame the sun or moon just so you can be right. See, you make enemies when the subject is someone that we all like in Tebow. Tough to do but somehow your personality did just that.

I made enemies by voicing football opinions on a football message board? The issue isn't me...

If Tebow fails it won't be him.. it has already proven that most people in the NFL are completely clueless. The fact Tebow was so underrated and has already proved people wrong shows that.

It's the same kind of mentality that makes me hated.

Just look at the hypocrisy in how Tebow and Cam Newton are discussed in the media.. it's complete madness.. there is no rhyme or reason to it. It's the same thing with how Kyle Orton is hyped and Tebow criticized. And Tebow OUTplayed Orton in his very first 3 games.

Boomhauer
07-28-2011, 01:44 AM

If OrangeMane had a HOF for posts, I'd nominate this first ballot.

broncocalijohn
07-28-2011, 02:06 AM
If OrangeMane had a HOF for posts, I'd nominate this first ballot.

I dont know what movie it is from but it did remind me of one I did with a mash up of Foneco and A Few Good Men. I will toot my own horn and say I thought it was a good one too. Lev needs to let us in on the movie. No way he crazied up enough to come up with that on his own.

You want him to get credit for a complete Brain Foneco on his part? He tried to sabatoge it by changing the title while I (and others) have given it the legs that it now stands upon in cyberspace. I keep it going while he wanted it gone.
Hey, we live in a world that has the internet. And those internets have to be guarded by fonecoites. Who's gonna do it? You BMF Bronco? You, Dom Casual? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for broncofan2438 and you chide the Maners. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Broncofan2438 stupidicy, while common, probably made this the best thread for Off Season. And my existence, while mouthy and incomprehensible to you, saves this thread...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at tailgate parties, you want me on that thread. You need me on that thread.
We use words like humor, witty, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to wasted time spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under his bronco blanket while defending and bumping I provide, then questions the manner in which who should get credit for it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you edit and delete that post and be a lurker. Either way, I don't give a foneco what you think broncofan2438 is entitled to!

This is from page 14 of Foneco thread.

broncocalijohn
07-28-2011, 02:41 AM
I made enemies by voicing football opinions on a football message board? The issue isn't me...

If Tebow fails it won't be him.. it has already proven that most people in the NFL are completely clueless. The fact Tebow was so underrated and has already proved people wrong shows that.

If we continue to allow this nonsense, can we at least bring back Bronco Warrior?

MacGruder
07-28-2011, 02:53 AM
If we continue to allow this nonsense, can we at least bring back Bronco Warrior?

What is nonsense?

Tebow came in and outperformed Kyle Orton and every rookie QB last season in his first 3 games.. AND set or broke records. He outperformed Mike Vick running the ball in his first 3 games!

This is a guy who most the NFL and media said had ZERO chance of making it in the NFL and said he couldn't run or pass in the NFL.

It's the NFL that is nonsense.. not me.

If Tebow doesn't make it in the NFL it is because he is a singuklar talent in a copycat league.

It is so hilarous to me how the NFL is supposed to be this macho sport for badasses who really play one of the most dangerous sports ever created and yet they play it in such a vanilla fashion.

Like the time Bill Bellichick went for it on 4th down recently and they lost and he was crucified for it.. so freaking bizarre..

It's the same thing with saying Tebow shouldn't run the ball as a QB because he might get injured.. LOL

It's absurd..

Pick Six
07-28-2011, 09:10 AM

Only if they are HAM...

Drunk Monkey
07-28-2011, 09:39 AM
The issue isn't me...

Dude, it totally is you. It always has been and probably always will be.

Goobzilla
07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
I dont know what movie it is from but it did remind me of one I did with a mash up of Foneco and A Few Good Men. I will toot my own horn and say I thought it was a good one too. Lev needs to let us in on the movie. No way he crazied up enough to come up with that on his own.

This is from page 14 of Foneco thread.

"Stuart"-The Dead Milkmen. Good stuff!

MacGruder
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Dude, it totally is you. It always has been and probably always will be.

You mean because I am always right? Yes.. it is a burden...

bombay
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM

This was the tagline:

Hmmmm

That doesn't fit the espn cult of individual adulation.