PDA

View Full Version : Schefter, LaConfora and Cole reportings

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 07:08 PM
I saw this on yahoo sports. it is a ticker that is showing minute to minute action going down in the NFL. signings, cuts and rumors.

So far it is looking like Poszluzny is a Jag
Takeo Spikes is in SD
TE Jeff King goes to Arizona
Eagles officially get Noelle Devine
Leinart may be reuniting with Carrol in Seattle

and lots of other news

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjcE4TC3nPhDkUIRJui4mVxDubYF?slug=jc-cole_2011_nfl_free_agents_tracker_072511

FireFly
07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
I saw this on yahoo sports. it is a ticker that is showing minute to minute action going down in the NFL. signings, cuts and rumors.

So far it is looking like Poszluzny is a Jag
Takeo Spikes is in SD
TE Jeff King goes to Arizona
Eagles officially get Noelle Devine
Leinart may be reuniting with Carrol in Seattle

and lots of other news

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjcE4TC3nPhDkUIRJui4mVxDubYF?slug=jc-cole_2011_nfl_free_agents_tracker_072511

Bah :(

I would have really liked him here as a Bronco

Agamemnon
07-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Umm...I didn't think teams could start signing FAs from other teams for a couple more days.

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 07:58 PM

me 2

i was under the impression FA couldn't start to be signed until tomorrow. i knew that UDFA could be signed, but i thought veteran FA were not available until tomorrow.

mkporter
07-26-2011, 08:00 PM
me 2

i was under the impression FA couldn't start to be signed until tomorrow. i knew that UDFA could be signed, but i thought veteran FA were not available until tomorrow.

I don't think they can sign, but you can do everything else, making the signing a formality.

Broncoman13
07-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Not able to officially sign yet, but talks and agreements can be made now,no?

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Umm...I didn't think teams could start signing FAs from other teams for a couple more days.

so was i. i thought FA started tomorrow or friday but the deals weren't official until the 4th.

i hope Denver's front office knows it is going off like gang busters right now.

KipCorrington25
07-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah it's called agreed to terms...

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Not able to officially sign yet, but talks and agreements can be made now,no?

so with that in mind. lets say our front office really wanted Poszluzny. does that mean we could still technically swoop in and offer him more than he got from Jacksonville?

ward63
07-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes, BM4e....they were talking today about how it is liking giving a letter of intent to go to a college. Nothing is official until signing day, so maybe we can "swoop" in there.

tsiguy96
07-26-2011, 08:18 PM
minnesota giving 2012 6th for mcnabb, possibly 2013 6th as well.

@Jayglazer
Vikes agree to trade 6th rounder in 12 and possibly 6th in 13 to Wash for Donovan McNabb. Deal contingent on McNabb agreeing to much less $$

also, tyler thigpen to bills.
ike taylor stays in pitt.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2011, 08:25 PM
minnesota giving 2012 6th for mcnabb, possibly 2013 6th as well.

@Jayglazer
Vikes agree to trade 6th rounder in 12 and possibly 6th in 13 to Wash for Donovan McNabb. Deal contingent on McNabb agreeing to much less $$

also, tyler thigpen to bills.
ike taylor stays in pitt.

What does that make Orton worth?

Agamemnon
07-26-2011, 08:33 PM
What does that make Orton worth?

Orton is younger and coming off a solid statistical year. His value is still probably a 3rd rounder.

Hogan11
07-26-2011, 08:36 PM

So would I.....but he is often injured, so him going to the Jags merits a "meh"

tsiguy96
07-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Orton is younger and coming off a solid statistical year. His value is still probably a 3rd rounder.

denver wont trade him for anything less than a 2nd, as mike klis said earlier today...

eddie mac
07-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I see Cole doesn't rate Mebane too highly and has Cullen Jenkins as his best available DT.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2011, 08:46 PM
denver wont trade him for anything less than a 2nd, as mike klis said earlier today...

I bet they will.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2011, 08:51 PM

McNabb is a old 34/35 but still man for a 6th is still a good deal. My biggest fear is if we couldn't move Orton today means we are asking too much.

Agamemnon
07-26-2011, 08:52 PM

Link? I heard they were asking for a 2nd. Doesn't mean they won't come down when no one offers them one. At 8.8 million against the cap and being a malcontent who refuses to back up a better player, the Broncos have to get rid of him one way or another.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2011, 08:52 PM

I hope you like a 9 mill back up QB.

Broncoman13
07-26-2011, 08:54 PM
McNabb is a old 34/35 but still man for a 6th is still a good deal. My biggest fear is if we couldn't move Orton today means we are asking too much.

Cat and mouse and having options. If there was only one team in the mix it would have got done today. Having multiple suitors allows them to let one of the other teams flinch.

Agamemnon
07-26-2011, 08:54 PM

I would guess it's more that many teams are looking at Kolb first. Until that's settled I don't think very many teams will move on their #2 option, Mr. Orton.

gunns
07-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Tavaris Jackson to Seattle.

FireFly
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM

I bet they do as well.

3rd rounder if we're lucky....

mkporter
07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Link? I heard they were asking for a 2nd. Doesn't mean they won't come down when no one offers them one. At 8.8 million against the cap and being a malcontent who refuses to back up a better player, the Broncos have to get rid of him one way or another.

I get that Orton has his shortcomings, and some people would rather have someone better, but really? He's a malcontent now? Find me a starting caliber QB (which Orton definitely is) in his prime who is cool with backing up a hot shot rookie. Orton may drop like a sack of potatoes when a DE looks at him funny, but the dude's been nothing but a professional in his time here.

mkporter
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM

Everyone assumes Shanny will cut him if he doesn't find a trading partner, so that kind of depresses his value. That and he sucked last year.

SoCalBronco
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM

They're just trying to start high.....I'd be surprised if anyone actually gave up a 2nd. A 3rd is more realistic as is a 4th. A 2nd would be great though if they could somehow get it.

GoHAM
07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Minnesota, where veteran QBs go to die.

McNabb
Favre
Cunningham
Moon
George
McMahon
A. Manning

Hamrob
07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Mile high report tweated that they saw somewhere....theat denver agreed to terms with Mcgahee.

MileHighReport (http://twitter.com/#!/MileHighReport)MileHighReport

Tracking it down... RT @Fabiansanchez25 (http://twitter.com/Fabiansanchez25): @MileHighReport (http://twitter.com/MileHighReport) im hearing mcgahee agreed in principle with broncos true or not true?

Agamemnon
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Mile high report tweated that they saw somewhere....theat denver agreed to terms with Mcgahee.

MileHighReport (http://twitter.com/#!/MileHighReport)MileHighReport

Tracking it down... RT @Fabiansanchez25 (http://twitter.com/Fabiansanchez25): @MileHighReport (http://twitter.com/MileHighReport) im hearing mcgahee agreed in principle with broncos true or not true?

Interesting. Wonder if it's true. He doesn't have a lot left in the tank, but he's solid depth at the right price.

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Cofield no longer available. agreed to 6years with the Redskins.

now is the time to pull the trigger on a 6th rounder for Haynesworth

Agamemnon
07-26-2011, 10:01 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Dedhed
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM

And everyone knows there is no way McNabb's staying in Washington. Knowing a player will eventually be released drives the price way down.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2011, 11:33 PM
And everyone knows there is no way McNabb's staying in Washington. Knowing a player will eventually be released drives the price way down.

I could be wrong but are we just DYING to keep Orton around?

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
well i am willing to bet that Orton is announced as traded by the end of wednesday

DBroncos4life
07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I bet Hayneworth gets more tackles then _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Do you people even realize we don't have enough DT's to play a 60 minute NFL game? I could be wrong but they didn't change the about of player or time that is played right? WE NEED DT's. **** man McD tossed **** against the wall and hoped it stuck. Same with Mike. Nothing is going to change at this point in the game. Who else is out there that we can get besides CRAP?

NFLBRONCO
07-26-2011, 11:47 PM
You do realize we can add a DT at roster cut downs before season starts right? Its hghly possible we won't land a new FA DT. We might just resign guys we had last year actually I expect it.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM
You do realize we can add a DT at roster cut downs before season starts right? Its hghly possible we won't land a new FA DT. We might just resign guys we had last year actually I expect it.

This is true. I tend to over reacted and over look the fact that teams cut good players at cut down and keep guys that just don't quite have it. Also I hope we can bring back some of the players we had from last year. I would really like to see us give the worst D we have ever had in Denver in many years a real good run for it's money.

NFLBRONCO
07-27-2011, 12:09 AM
This is true. I tend to over reacted and over look the fact that teams cut good players at cut down and keep guys that just don't quite have it. Also I hope we can bring back some of the players we had from last year. I would really like to see us give the worst D we have ever had in Denver in many years a real good run for it's money.

I'd love young stud DT's too but, your complaining about a franchise that only adds scrubs at DT and has forever are you surprised now by what's happened so far.

DBroncos4life
07-27-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd love young stud DT's too but, your complaining about a franchise that only adds scrubs at DT and has forever are you surprised now.

Surprised isn't the word, tired is. I get that McD and Mike prefer the O and will tend to go that way. What I don't get it is how we can have only two DT's with any real NFL game time under their belts and yet fans want to say no to a player. If a team is giving away a DT that has talent we should take it. You can say he is a risk and I agree but man a risk that might be good is better then no one at all. I mean by all accounts Kevin Vickerson played life out last year and finished with 2 sacks. Fat Al played what half a year and had 2.5. Really what do we have to lose by trying to get him? Fans are mad to have turd on our team?

BroncoMan4ever
07-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Surprised isn't the word, tired is. I get that McD and Mike prefer the O and will tend to go that way. What I don't get it is how we can have only two DT's with any real NFL game time under their belts and yet fans want to say no to a player. If a team is giving away a DT that has talent we should take it. You can say he is a risk and I agree but man a risk that might be good is better then no one at all. I mean by all accounts Kevin Vickerson played life out last year and finished with 2 sacks. Fat Al played what half a year and had 2.5. Really what do we have to lose by trying to get him? Fans are mad to have turd on our team?

agreed. he may be a dick but he would be a massive improvement to the Defense and could be had relatively easily

oubronco
07-27-2011, 04:42 AM

**** they better get their shyt together and get some DT's

bowtown
07-27-2011, 05:22 AM
agreed. he may be a dick but he would be a massive improvement to the Defense and could be had relatively easily

I bet he loves eating at IHOP.

Rabb
07-27-2011, 05:25 AM

of course not, the OM way is to go with the 1 or 2 names everyone throws around and declare it all a major failure when it doesn't happen

applies to drafts and FA, I love it

srphoenix
07-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Hasselback is now a Titan

AdamSchefter (http://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Titans reached agreement with quarterback Matthew Hasselbeck on a multi-year deal.

BroncoInferno
07-27-2011, 06:13 AM
They're just trying to start high.....I'd be surprised if anyone actually gave up a 2nd. A 3rd is more realistic as is a 4th. A 2nd would be great though if they could somehow get it.

Maybe they can get a 3rd that improves to a 2nd if Orton hits certain incentives. I'd be surprised if we got a 2nd outright, though. If we pass on a 3rd while insisting on a 2nd, thus keeping Orton's $9 million on the books which will hamper what we can do in free agency, and then he walks at the end of the season for nothing.....that would be unacceptable. I'm fine with them playing hardball and letting the market set itself, but once that's done, they need to take the best offer they get. Period.

tsiguy96
07-27-2011, 06:39 AM
michael lombardi says...

I keep hearing from well placed relible NFL sources that this Jet talk and Nmandi Asomugha is serious and I mean serious.

that would be dirty.

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 06:49 AM
michael lombardi says...

that would be dirty.

It'd be a thing to watch. CB tandems like that are EXTREMELY deadly. Especially with a DC as creative as Rex when it comes to drawing blitzes.

If it happens, I wouldn't want to be the QB on the other side of the ball, that's for sure.

tsiguy96
07-27-2011, 06:51 AM
It'd be a thing to watch. CB tandems like that are EXTREMELY deadly. Especially with a DC as creative as Rex when it comes to drawing blitzes.

If it happens, I wouldn't want to be the QB on the other side of the ball, that's for sure.

unless youre tebow on 11/17
:~ohyah!:

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 06:52 AM
unless youre tebow on 11/17
:~ohyah!:

...at least he can run :)

s0phr0syne
07-27-2011, 07:53 AM
He also throws the ball out of bounds, real good. Real. Good.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-27-2011, 08:21 AM
michael lombardi says...

that would be dirty.

it doesnt make sense to pour a quarter of your cap into one position. This seems like the thing that will one day bite them in the ass

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 08:23 AM
it doesnt make sense to pour a quarter of your cap into one position. This seems like the thing that will one day bite them in the ass

I'd agree if it weren't Rex Ryan. The guy can manufacture pressure and 3rd and longs through some extremely innovative run and pass blitzes.

But you can't scheme coverage, so he plays to his strength. And it works.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-27-2011, 08:28 AM
I'd agree if it weren't Rex Ryan. The guy can manufacture pressure and 3rd and longs through some extremely innovative run and pass blitzes.

But you can't scheme coverage, so he plays to his strength. And it works.

For a year maybe. But then when other guys have their contracts come up, talented ones, they are gonna have to make some painful decisions.

gunns
07-27-2011, 08:35 AM
For a year maybe. But then when other guys have their contracts come up, talented ones, they are gonna have to make some painful decisions.

Happens to every team but Ryan seems to know defensive talent and more will come along.

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 08:36 AM

Like who?

Their pressure is so evenly distributed among their modest front seven it's ridiculous. Bryan Thomas was their "leading sacker" with a whopping 6 and it was an AMAZING defense.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Like who?

Their pressure is so evenly distributed among their modest front seven it's ridiculous. Bryan Thomas was their "leading sacker" with a whopping 6 and it was an AMAZING defense.

This is just basic thought process behind disseminating talent throughout your roster. Perhaps the Jets can be the exception to the rule, but I sincerely doubt it. If you have Revis and Nnamdi tied up in these huge contracts, its going to be harder to get replacement talent for every single other position. At some point thats just gonna catch up with you.

rugbythug
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
This is just basic thought process behind disseminating talent throughout your roster. Perhaps the Jets can be the exception to the rule, but I sincerely doubt it. If you have Revis and Nnamdi tied up in these huge contracts, its going to be harder to get replacement talent for every single other position. At some point thats just gonna catch up with you.

Only an issue if they don't win a superbowl first.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Only an issue if they don't win a superbowl first.

Well thats why i originally said beyond this year. If i were the Jets, I'd probably do it too, im just saying its the type of thing they will have to deal with down the line.

Mediator12
07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Like who?

Jets ball is the Anti-NFL scheme. They like to pound the rock, eat up TOP, and let their defense win games. The NYJ's are the OLD BAL when Ryan was DC. They stop the pass and run on DEF and run the ball to score on offense. In this way, they have great success without being able to score 20 points a game consistently. Their philosophy has worked well the last few years, but I am really interested to see how well their Defense works this year especially out of the gate with its complexity and turnover.

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 09:10 AM

Replacing WHO?

They don't really use any big name, big $ front seven players. Bart Scott's the highest paid and even that's not all that much considering.

TheReverend
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Jets ball is the Anti-NFL scheme. They like to pound the rock, eat up TOP, and let their defense win games. The NYJ's are the OLD BAL when Ryan was DC. They stop the pass and run on DEF and run the ball to score on offense. In this way, they have great success without being able to score 20 points a game consistently. Their philosophy has worked well the last few years, but I am really interested to see how well their Defense works this year especially out of the gate with its complexity and turnover.

Cromartie and Ellis are the only players on D that might be gone worth a crap.

If they replace with Aso, it's an auto upgrade and a MASSIVE one all over the field at that. And keep in mind they already drafted Wilkerson with an eye on Ellis moving on.