PDA

View Full Version : Madden 12 Online Franchise 360

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Well another year has come and gone with no update to OF mode in Madden 12. Im sure they didn't have the time to work on it due to fact they added more gimmicky presentation (that still doesn't match NFL2K5,nearing decade and new generation console later) that most ppl will just press A button to skip after first few days of playing. Im not hear to bash EA, overall they put out (giggity) a decent game.

Im looking for ppl that also enjoy gaming that would be willing to put in a few seasons in. I will have custome rules witch I am looking to implement to ensure enjoyable experience for all. So feedback is welcome & encouraged.

GamerTag for XBox Live: IncognitoKilla (BRONCOS haha first and commish)

Please include team of intrest you dont have to include gamertag at moment if you dont want to. My preference of enjoyable gamers are ppl that play more like "SIM Football" i.e. dont go for it on 4th and 10, use know "glitches" like nano blits, talk hateful (some smack talk is part of the game).

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Other Teams taken: (fudge) Packers, Ravens (what do you call a bunch of owls...a parliament. what do you call a bunch of crows/ravens... a murder of crows [ironic? i think not!] )

Teams dont really matter I plan to do fantasy draft to even up the teams and make it more personal. If you hate to play in snow thats coo just pick dome team. Hate the rain? Def dont pick the Jags. Trust me this will be a blast ppl. I will be hashing out some rules that will make it better than norml OF's. Better yet WE can make some awsome rules by collectively bouncing around ideas.

We could even have a vote and be more purductive than real NFL!!!!!!

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 03:24 AM
RULES IN THE WORKS
QT Length: 7 min. 15 sec run off.
Skill LVL: Want to put All Madden but thats one needed for vote.
Trades to CPU teams: More on that later.
Week progression: ASAP not wanting ppl to lose intrest (most likely vote to see what works for ppl)
Some type of rule aginst multiple restarts aginst CPU. Maybe after X amount of restarts equals auto sim of game?? Then if repeated loss of player/draft pick?? To ensure multiple restarts are not needed by turning of injury (I love to knock out ppl's players for multiple weeks as much as next man but I hate restarts worse)??

TDmvp
07-23-2011, 03:25 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pk0f9kE2YJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish this video was better , but that Denver pre home game hype looks pretty cool...
But I miss 2ksports football also.

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 03:30 AM
Remember in 2k5 the had highlights from other CPU games during halftime? That to me is presentation. But I wont lie that intro looks sick for the new Madden.

Doggcow
07-23-2011, 04:43 AM
I find these are generally a bad idea on this site because everyone just wants to be denver :\

Rother8
07-23-2011, 06:05 AM
If you get it rolling, I'll take the Seahawks.

Always been a fan of the neon.

srphoenix
07-23-2011, 07:14 AM
mark me down for the Patriots if this gets going, gamertag: evoxphoenix

Thanks (ps. switch me to the Packers if that for some reason opens up)

Broncos_OTM
07-23-2011, 11:22 AM
ill take the saints

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 01:54 PM
I do understand everyone wants Broncos. If it gets to point that no one wants to play do to not being Broncos I will choose a nother team (prob a team in whatever division that has no user in it) and no ones the Broncos. I did understand that on this website that could be a major issue. Once again I want to do fantasy draft to even up the teams (something tells me TEBOW will be gone w/ 1st overall pick :)). I also will be having some inovative rules for free agents and trades to CPU teams that we all will enjoy.

TEAMS TAKEN: Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Lions, Texans.

Aftermath
07-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Ill take the lions. Gt- bHags8

Doggcow
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Wait are we doing a "fantasy draft"?

If that's the case, I'm down. I love those. I'll be Houston.

If not. Gimme the Eagles.

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
THOUGHTS ABOUT USER TO CPU TRADES:

So I was thinking that each year we could make 2 trades to CPU teams.

1st trade would be of some one of like position w/in 6 overal ranking. EXAMPLE I want to upgrade my DT position, I waited too long in fantasy draft and best guy overall was rated 76. Well you could trade the player to a CPU team that had a player upto 82 rating. When this type of trade is made the rule will be you cant do trade for same position for TWO YEARS. So next year you could do a WR but not DT.

2nd trade would be, I have player CB rated 86. Well im stocked at CB but lacking a good HB. You would be able to trade to a diffrent position player that is same overall rating. CB 86 traded to CPU team for HB 86.

If ?'s about any of this or better yet ideas please let me know.

TEAMS TAKEN: Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Lions, Texans.

srphoenix
07-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm definitely in favor of a fantasy draft. As for cpu trades, I think 6 points is even stretching it, MJD is in no way a fair trade with A. Peterson or CJ2K. Optimally we'll just have enough people interested that we won't have more than a couple cpu's anyways.

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
I was thinking that maybe we would cap the number of user teams. I have played afew w/ 20 plus players and we didnt make it to playoffs due to lost intrest and ppl stoped playing. I play COD but still find time for my Madden fix. Others just quit when the new COD came out.

I see your point on the 6points maybe too high so we can work out something. I appreciate the feedback.

UberBroncoMan
07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pk0f9kE2YJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish this video was better , but that Denver pre home game hype looks pretty cool...
But I miss 2ksports football also.

LUL, Orton with the captain patch running out unannounced.

EA can **** off when it comes to Madden. Same **** every year with little to no innovation because they don't have to put the money in with exclusivity on the NFL license.

ChrisToker
07-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I hear you 100% UberBroncoMan. EA has done a bad job with there exclusive at fans expense. Like it or not 2K will never outbid EA for rights to make NFL game. It drives me bonkers that "if you hate what they do, just dont buy it" argument from ppl. It's all there is, plane and simple.

With that said I would prefer to not have this become a FU EA SPORTS thread. I agree like I said but it's a lost cause now.

Punisher
07-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I got the I Don't Care team they have a pretty good RB

Doggcow
07-24-2011, 05:02 AM
I was thinking that maybe we would cap the number of user teams. I have played afew w/ 20 plus players and we didnt make it to playoffs due to lost intrest and ppl stoped playing. I play COD but still find time for my Madden fix. Others just quit when the new COD came out.

I see your point on the 6points maybe too high so we can work out something. I appreciate the feedback.

Most leagues fall through like week 4, especially with fantasy drafts, when people realized they **** it in the draft.

Cosmo
07-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Playing NCAA Football 12 this year. Significant improvements made everywhere, including Online Dynasty. Said it before and i'll say it again. Madden team is crap.

ChrisToker
07-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Most leagues fall through like week 4, especially with fantasy drafts, when people realized they **** it in the draft.

Thats why I offer the couple of trades per season, that way the ppl that have a couple of holes on roster can get decent overall. I have some buddies that will be joining the league so Im expecting there to be at least a couple of seasons played.

Every year what I normally do is wait to start the OF until 1st roster update. 1st roster update happens between week 1 through week 3. So in the meantime I usually play OF w/out draft so ppl can get a feel for what they want in a team.

Doggcow
07-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Playing NCAA Football 12 this year. Significant improvements made everywhere, including Online Dynasty. Said it before and i'll say it again. Madden team is crap.

NCAA isn't fun though. That's the problem.

But thanks for coming.

FireFly
07-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I thought they did work on Offline Franchise mode?

ChrisToker
07-24-2011, 09:10 PM
No this will be 2nd year in a row that EA didn't address OF. Allegedly it is the least used mode. I say thats BS, I have never meet anyone that uses SuperStar mode or UltimateTeam more than a few days. IF OF is the least used mode it'd make some sence, due to fact that its generic as ####. Few updates on rosters, no way to practice w/ team, list goes on and on.

This rant goes away from my original request not to bash EA for the evil empire it is so please lets just keep it on track w/ talking about the OF. I plan on making it unique. ProBowl selections, Offence and Defence Players Of The Year, MVP etc.

maher_tyler
07-25-2011, 12:04 AM
I'd be willing to play but i have PS3.

Jerry Curl
07-25-2011, 04:27 AM

The NCAA game is so awesome, tough but awesome. Leaps and bounds better than Madden imo.

Rother8
07-25-2011, 06:33 AM
The NCAA game is so awesome, tough but awesome. Leaps and bounds better than Madden imo.
As of late, I'd agree with you big time. The NCAA games are smoother and have better gameplay. If I liked college football more than the NFL, I'd consider not even getting madden. But I don't.

This years NCAA is great, really is but hopefully Madden brings it as well. Can't write em off yet.

ColoradoBuff
07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I would be interested...don't know about the Fantasy Draft though.

Doggcow
07-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I would be interested...don't know about the Fantasy Draft though.

What's confusing? It's essentially fantasy football.

ChrisToker
07-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Fantasy Draft is really fun trust me and Doggcows can vauch for me. If you dont want to draft u can still join league and find a cpu team that drafted well and be them.

Previous Maddens have allowed 4-5 leagues u can join at a time in OF. So I plan on running one w/out the draft, so dont be scared its only football.

ColoradoBuff
07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Not scared....i actually like to do both the Fantasy Draft and without the Draft. I just enjoy it without the draft more. But like i said...i am game!

ChrisToker
07-25-2011, 09:24 PM
ColoradoBuff I dont want you to interpret that I called you scared. It was intended for any one that my have stumbled to thread and then got turned off by draft. As anyone who has done fantasy draft knows it is best way to play. Mo more fighting to be NE because they are rated 98 or some ish.

Carmelo15
07-25-2011, 09:39 PM
I'll take the Falcons. username CoCoBudda11

ChrisToker
07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
TEAMS TAKEN: Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Lions, Texans, Falcons.

Doggcow
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
TEAMS TAKEN: Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Lions, Texans, Falcons.

We need to get more people in the same divisions.

ChrisToker
07-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Ordered copy from Amazon and got same day release. Plus get 20 Amazon credit. May put that 20bucks towards getting copy for PS3 so no one gets left out.

Doggcow
07-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Ordered copy from Amazon and got same day release. Plus get 20 Amazon credit. May put that 20bucks towards getting copy for PS3 so no one gets left out.

I think walmart has this too. I think I'm doing Eb though for the Midnight release. Need my tebow fix.

Oh and EB generally does a $20+ trade in for your old madden.

ChrisToker
07-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Is game stop and EB the same?

ChrisToker
07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Looking for a couple more teams to be taken. If intrested GamerTag: IncognitoKilla

ChrisToker
08-10-2011, 02:12 AM
The Madden 12 Demo is now out for XBL and PSN.

1) As always I whoop the CPU's ass on all pro setting 30+ point win, yet manage to get beat on All Madden when Hester breaks 3 tackles on game winning score.

2)The overly hyped presentations to start game are cool, but after 3-4 games they will be skipped when novelty wears off. That makes me wonder if time was well spent on other aspects of game.

3) On the positive side, the new offense an defense audibles and adjustments are simplified (after multiple gamesand retraining of the brain) over current system.

As the game stands right now 6.5/10 with the hope that full access to game will raise the score.

ChrisToker
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Less than 5 hrs before midnight release date of madden 12

Rother8
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Btw, i think I forgot my gt. Cawbird101

Ratboy
08-30-2011, 12:21 AM
I may be willing to play.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 01:41 AM
So is this goin down?

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:28 AM
After playing for like an hour it seems pretty ****ty that we have an ELITE PASS RUSH, as all of my blitzes are completely annihilated BY A SUPERSTAR RAIDERS OLINE

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:36 AM
I also love how these ****ing ******s change the way you kick the ball every ****ing year.

What the ****.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Oh and watch out, because about 1/3 of the time, Clady just DOESN'T block, and they run right by like they're Von Miller or something.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:35 AM
I found a pretty nasty 2-4-5 Nickel setup vs passes. Looks like this

Goodman CB - Cox CB - Moore FS - Dawkins SS - Champ CB
-------------Mays MLB ----- Williams MLB ----------------
------Miller R-OLB Veikune DT Ayers LDE Doom L-OLB------

Doom and Miller are lined up off the LOS as LB's, and they seal off edge runs like nothing. The weakness here obviously is up the middle, which you can put in Ronald Fields for if you need it as he is RUN STOPPING tendency hogger, but it seems Veikune gets in a decent amount so I was using him for passing plays and not worrying about shuffling for runs in this package.

ColoradoBuff
08-30-2011, 08:31 AM
so who has what teams?

srphoenix
08-30-2011, 02:44 PM
just picked up the game, i think you had me down as patriots, what are the league log in details, should be fun

ChrisToker
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Is game as advertised? Man I cant find my controller to play...****en stoners... This OF is happening. more details when controller is found, haven't checked in fridge yet

Carmelo15
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm about to grab my copy right now...

srphoenix
08-30-2011, 05:06 PM
played some offline and realized that I suck again, gonna have to get some practice in before we start, it's fun though, QB's are much more accurate meaning no laser passes on the run with faster than dan marino release. running on the other hand is quite a bit more accurate with actual lanes and holes to shoot for.

ChrisToker
08-30-2011, 05:31 PM
played some offline and realized that I suck again, gonna have to get some practice in before we start, it's fun though, QB's are much more accurate meaning no laser passes on the run with faster than dan marino release. running on the other hand is quite a bit more accurate with actual lanes and holes to shoot for.

I want to wait till after preseaon to do DRAFT that way players ovr all will be better. installing to hard drive then its on

Casper Bronco
08-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I'll play. New York Giants

Los Broncos
08-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I am now online with this game, friends request sent.