PDA

View Full Version : Tebow vs Orton: Not even close!

Pony Boy
07-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Tebow vs Orton

I don't know who this guy is and not sure if its been posted before but it's worth watching.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOYHcYNqA0E?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOYHcYNqA0E?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

broncosteven
07-20-2011, 12:50 PM
His name is Rupert Pupkin Jr.

Chris
07-20-2011, 12:52 PM
da da da da da da DA dada

This guy basically doesn't say anything and he sounds like a coked up squirrel... not that I disagree with him...

I'm pretty sure his voice breaks at least once during the video.

Cmac821
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM
That wasn't too bad, Orton is pretty conservative

says he name in the beginning of this one, no idea what he said though
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QTHRBTkaecg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
07-20-2011, 01:17 PM
His voice is kind of annoying.

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Probably gonna disagree that it was "worth watching" but to each their own!

StugotsIII
07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Turned if off 2 seconds into it...

Chris
07-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Just waiting for the autotune.

WolfpackGuy
07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
"Hi, Billy Mays here!"

Pony Boy
07-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Probably gonna disagree that it was "worth watching" but to each their own!

Anything on the Bronco's right now is worth watching....... I think we are all getting tired of treading water.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.homorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/earthquake-2010-warning-rory-west-coast.jpg

ATTENTION CIZITENS OF DENVER!!!

Swedish Extrovert
07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
50 percent and 82 qb rtg isnt that good.

Swedish Extrovert
07-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Bubby Brister had a longer run than Tebow had in the Raiders game.

BroncoMan4ever
07-20-2011, 02:51 PM
50 percent and 82 qb rtg isnt that good.

agreed, but if you look at it this way it looks a lot better.

Sam Bradford in his first 3 starts
72.6 QB Rating 69 Comp 117 Attempts 58% Comp % 5 INTs 4 TDs and a 1-2 record

Tim Tebow in his first 3 starts
82.7 QB Rating 40 Comp 81 Attempts 50% Comp % 3 INTs 4 TDs and a 1-2 record

the stats are nearly identical and in a few Tim was better, and that is with this thought in mind. Bradford had the entire offseason and all the preseason games as the starter of the Rams, getting all the starter reps as well as building up a good relationship with the rest of the starters.

Tim was thrust into the starting role after few reps with the starters and limited number of reps through camp and the preseason.

broncosteven
07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Bubby Brister had a longer run than Tebow had in the Raiders game.

I remember a 35 yard naked bootleg by Bubby vs KFC on Monday night.

WolfpackGuy
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
I remember a 35 yard naked bootleg by Bubby vs KFC on Monday night.

Correct.

He was running down the field looking for someone to come tackle him, but no Cheaps were in sight.

Same game that Sharpe made Thomas and Simmons meltdown.

Swedish Extrovert
07-20-2011, 04:04 PM
agreed, but if you look at it this way it looks a lot better.

Sam Bradford in his first 3 starts
72.6 QB Rating 69 Comp 117 Attempts 58% Comp % 5 INTs 4 TDs and a 1-2 record

Tim Tebow in his first 3 starts
82.7 QB Rating 40 Comp 81 Attempts 50% Comp % 3 INTs 4 TDs and a 1-2 record

the stats are nearly identical and in a few Tim was better, and that is with this thought in mind. Bradford had the entire offseason and all the preseason games as the starter of the Rams, getting all the starter reps as well as building up a good relationship with the rest of the starters.

Tim was thrust into the starting role after few reps with the starters and limited number of reps through camp and the preseason.

How does Bradford have a lower QB rating when he has +8 completion percentage and a better TD/INT ratio... what this tells me: Tebow is a better big play QB, but doesn't have game management ability yet.

At this point, I still think Orton is better overall, but the Broncos aren't going to the playoffs this year, and I seriously think that Tebow can be really good.

That one INT that Tebow threw against Houston is not an INT that an NFL QB is allowed to throw, however.

TDmvp
07-20-2011, 04:48 PM

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/19/tim-tebow-hits-denver-record-book-in-his-first-start/

Tebow ran 40 yards for a touchdown.
It was the longest run from scrimmage this season by a Broncos player and the longest run by a quarterback for a touchdown in team history.
Tebow's TD run eclipsed the previous record by a Denver quarterback of 38 yards by Bubby Brister in 1998.

BroncoMan4ever
07-20-2011, 04:53 PM
How does Bradford have a lower QB rating when he has +8 completion percentage and a better TD/INT ratio... what this tells me: Tebow is a better big play QB, but doesn't have game management ability yet.

At this point, I still think Orton is better overall, but the Broncos aren't going to the playoffs this year, and I seriously think that Tebow can be really good.

That one INT that Tebow threw against Houston is not an INT that an NFL QB is allowed to throw, however.

i agree about Bradford to Tebow comparison. i was simply showing that over the course of each of their 1st 3 starts that the stats were comparable with Tebow being a little better in some aspects. and also that came with Bradford getting an entire offseason, TC and preseason as the starter of that team, while Tim was thrust in with a weeks notice.

my point of these being, things are looking positive with Tim in the future to build upon last season

MagicHef
07-20-2011, 05:02 PM

You're looking at INTs and TDs backwards. Tebow had the better ratio.

Dagmar
07-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Oh lord, that was awful. He recovered well though.

BroncoMan4ever
07-20-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/19/tim-tebow-hits-denver-record-book-in-his-first-start/

Tebow ran 40 yards for a touchdown.
It was the longest run from scrimmage this season by a Broncos player and the longest run by a quarterback for a touchdown in team history.
Tebow's TD run eclipsed the previous record by a Denver quarterback of 38 yards by Bubby Brister in 1998.

Tebow tied the previous record held by Plummer since 2003 during his 1st home game in Denver oddly enough also against the Raiders on Monday Night Football.

baja
07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
If you change your equalizer to " filter squeaky voice in tin box" it sounds better.

ghostofjosh
07-20-2011, 05:30 PM
the fact that hes wearing a tebow jersey when it started saved me the 6 minutes of having to watch

Swedish Extrovert
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
You're looking at INTs and TDs backwards. Tebow had the better ratio.

If that's the case, then Tebow is better than Bradford by most quantifiable statistic measures.

baja
07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Enter MacGruder 5... 4.... 3.... 2....

Agamemnon
07-21-2011, 02:19 AM
If that's the case, then Tebow is better than Bradford by most quantifiable statistic measures.

As far as first three starts go he definitely was. Especially when you start factoring in his rushing numbers. Three starts don't mean a lot mind you, but they're all we have at this point.

The Moops
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I like him. Makes some great points about Tebow, especially his leadership, toughness and intangibles.

I think he said he is name is Chad Rim ...

Chris
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh yeah Chad Rim... he did those videos with Jenna Jamison.