PDA

View Full Version : Would you do Orton for DRC?

RunSilentRunDeep
07-20-2011, 07:31 AM
If the Cards aren't willing to do Rodgers-Cromartie AND a draft pick for Kolb (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/19/kolb-on-arizona-ive-obviously-envisioned-myself-there/), would you want to the Broncos to do Orton for DRC straight up, or even throw in something extra?

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Only if he drops his maiden name.

Dagmar
07-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Only if he's willing to put on 100 pounds and play DT.

Man-Goblin
07-20-2011, 07:37 AM
I'd make him squeal like a pig for just about any quality starter and a pick.

Broncoman13
07-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I'd do it in a heart beat! 2nd corner addressed with potential to give us a top 5 CB tandem. No trainer, imo.

jhns
07-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Of course I would. I would trade Orton for a potato chip. He is terrible and expensive. Bad combination.

mwill07
07-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I think the best we could get for orton is a 3rd rounder. DRC >3rd, so yes, i'd definately do that deal.

Rabb
07-20-2011, 07:58 AM
wouldn't hesitate for a second

I know DT is a need...but we aren't going to get a quality DT for Orton, sorry

Pony Boy
07-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Face the facts, there not a team or fan base anywhere that's is going to get all jacked up about trading for Orton.

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhaahahahahahaha !

Brb, starting a "Would you trade Orton for Suh" thread

RunSilentRunDeep
07-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhaahahahahahaha !

Brb, starting a "Would you trade Orton for Suh" thread

Lighten up Francis, the Cards need a QB and have put DRC (whom they've grown tired of) on the table. Orton has been reportedly on their short list.

What would you add to Orton to get it done?

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Lighten up Francis, the Cards need a QB and have put DRC (whom they've grown tired of) on the table. Orton has been reportedly on their short list.

What would you add to Orton to get it done?

:spit:

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 08:26 AM
How would you guys feel about trading Clady for Jason Campbell?

Beantown Bronco
07-20-2011, 08:28 AM
How would you guys feel about trading Clady for Jason Campbell?

We'd probably have to throw in a 6th to even it up.

Taco John
07-20-2011, 08:28 AM
I'd maybe give up a third for Orton. Probably not that much.

Killericon
07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I'd maybe give up a third for Orton. Probably not that much.

Yeah, the QB market seems a bit flooded this year. McNabb, Hasslebeck, Kolb, Young, Alex and Troy Smith, Leinart(Drew good reviews from Kubiak). I don't have my hopes up that we'll trade him for much(if at all).

RunSilentRunDeep
07-20-2011, 08:37 AM
:spit:

Try to be serious for a second, how good a player do you think DRC is? You seem to think he's among the best in the game. I think he a great athlete, but terribly inconsistent and a god-awful tackler.

The Eagles reportedly wanted a first for Kolb. If you're the Cards, wouldn't you give it to them instead of offering a superstar (which you apparently think DRC is)?

long beach bronco
07-20-2011, 08:39 AM
I would love to have DRC, he's very fast, young and can learn from the best. (Champ). I would make that trade.

Rabb
07-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Is Kolb valued more because of "upside"?

Because, he has a losing record and really hasn't been super impressive in stats...

I never got that

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Try to be serious for a second, how good a player do you think DRC is? You seem to think he's among the best in the game. I think he a great athlete, but terribly inconsistent and a god-awful tackler.

The Eagles reportedly wanted a first for Kolb. If you're the Cards, wouldn't you give it to them instead of offering a superstar (which you apparently think DRC is)?

Yes. He's absolutely among the best CBs and only 25 years old.

And the Eagles reportedly wanted a 1st and more for Kolb.

Do I buy the validity of AM radio 910's reporting? Yeah, not really. But it's feasible that they may use him to knock that asking price way down... for Kolb. No chance he's involved in an Orton trade. I would LOVE to see it, because we need at least one young, talented CB hitting the roster, but I'd also love to have Scarlett Johannson randomly show up at my door asking for a mustache ride.

zdoor
07-20-2011, 09:25 AM
In a heartbeat.... But, I don't think it will happen

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Why does Orton need to be traded. I'd sit on him

Dagmar
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM

3rd highest earner on the team as back up?

oubronco
07-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Face the facts, there not a team or fan base anywhere that's is going to get all jacked up about trading for Orton.

Quite a few on here were estatic when they traded and got Orton

Houshyamama
07-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah, the QB market seems a bit flooded this year. McNabb, Hasslebeck, Kolb, Young, Alex and Troy Smith, Leinart(Drew good reviews from Kubiak). I don't have my hopes up that we'll trade him for much(if at all).

On that list, only Kolb and (maybe?) McNabb are worth more than a bag of peanuts IMO.

Crushaholic
07-20-2011, 09:38 AM

Are you kidding me? There are several teams that would like a quarterback who can do what Orton did, WITHOUT a running game. Tebow may be a better fit for the Broncos, but SOMEBODY will want Orton...

Beantown Bronco
07-20-2011, 09:40 AM

I'm not sure you're his type. Then again, put enough Jack in him and who knows?

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Are you kidding me? There are several teams that would like a quarterback who can do what Orton did, WITHOUT a running game. Tebow may be a better fit for the Broncos, but SOMEBODY will want Orton...

I doubt anyone is looking over the options of FAs and QBs on the block and saying "Orton is OUR guy, let's get it done".

Someone might settle. But let's not make any mistake about that reality.

DrFate
07-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Anything of value for Orton is a trade you make wihtout hesitation

Pony Boy
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM

I think Vince Young will stir more excitement than Orton...

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure you're his type. Then again, put enough Jack in him and who knows?

...Thread title DOES say "Would you DO Orton for DRC"

OABB
07-20-2011, 09:55 AM

who? I wanted to kill myself. I warmed up to him, but that initial trade was depressing. I think most were happy to get rid of the pouty turnover prone injury faking douche cannon.

Beantown Bronco
07-20-2011, 10:04 AM

He certainly excites James Harrison:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VHUxZ3Z6W0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flex Gunmetal
07-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Fourty Two Thousand posts? Are they all terrible ideas?

And lol @ anyone who thinks DRC isn't a much higher valued commodity than Orton.

NFLBRONCO
07-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll be honest as a Bronco fan I want a 2nd for Orton. If I was the one wanting to trade for Orton 3 and a 5 max. I still believe best value for Orton is player for player trade.

WolfpackGuy
07-20-2011, 10:55 AM

I think those were screams of agony.

They just need to take what they can get to try and recoup something from the trade that brought him here.

mkporter
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I probably would not have sex with Orton to get DRC. To get Revis maybe, but I'm really just not in to neck beards, or dudes. One or the other, maybe, but not both.

:D

Jay3
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
I'd take the trade for sure. Don't think it will be offered. But there's always hope.

serious hops
07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Somebody call 'em up and see if we can get Darnell Dockett instead. . .

broncosteven
07-20-2011, 01:12 PM

Maybe among other gay black dudes:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2008/05/16/0516_vince_young2-1.jpg

TheReverend
07-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Roughly just as realistic as the OP's proposal...

BroncoMan4ever
07-20-2011, 02:06 PM

i seem to remember reading awhile back like pre lockout times that Arizona would like to get Docket off the books but would more than likely be unable with his massive contract.

although with new CBA and cap working differently now(or whenever it gets done) it is possible he could be obtainable.

Swedish Extrovert
07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
If the Cards aren't willing to do Rodgers-Cromartie AND a draft pick for Kolb (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/19/kolb-on-arizona-ive-obviously-envisioned-myself-there/), would you want to the Broncos to do Orton for DRC straight up, or even throw in something extra?

Would I do Orton for DRC... I don't know, can I trade him afterward? Probably not.

IHaveALight
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Is this one of those things where we do Orton, put it on a live stream then Orton kills himself so the league decides to compensate us by giving us the rights to DRC?

Because if so, no I wouldn't.

BroncoMan4ever
07-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Is this one of those things where we do Orton, put it on a live stream then Orton kills himself so the league decides to compensate us by giving us the rights to DRC?

Because if so, no I wouldn't.

i truly believe that even Orton would be trying to convince Broncos brass to pull the trigger on that trade.

Requiem
07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
An average player will net average in return. Orton needs to be sent alone in any trade. The only way Ild even condone the Broncos trading picks is if it amounted to a top ten player at a position of need. Hopefully, we can land one of those in FA, get another started and roll into the draft full stram.

Drek
07-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I'd take the trade for sure. Don't think it will be offered. But there's always hope.

The only way it'd make sense is if Rogers-Cromartie has massive escalators in his contract like Rolle did, which got him released from the Cards. Nothing I've seen online suggests that he does.

serious hops
07-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Roughly just as realistic as the OP's proposal...

But possibly a little less serious. . .

ZONA
07-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Orton and Brady for Hillis........... straight up !!!!!

http://members.cox.net/azhelton/Broncos/hillis5.jpg