PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Free-Agency Tracker

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
What is this supposed to mean?

http://www.timesunion.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1125609&width=628&height=471

Does it click when you see him with his bags in his hand?

Bob's your Information Minister
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
http://kcchiefs.org/media/players/brian_waters.jpg

Dude was washed up.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Dude was washed up.

The 2010 pro bowl roster thinks you're cute.

08-03-2011, 02:47 PM
The 2010 pro bowl roster thinks you're cute.

He made the Pro Bowl on reputation.

Go and watch the first Raiders game. Waters was DOMINATED by Richard Seymour.

Notice how no one has signed him? He's washed up. And I've been saying it for two years.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
He made the Pro Bowl on reputation.

Go and watch the first Raiders game. Waters was DOMINATED by Richard Seymour.

Notice how no one has signed him? He's washed up. And I've been saying it for two years.

Whoa! Someone got dominated by Richard Seymour?

Stop the ****ing presses! Ha!

Shananahan
08-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I probably wouldn't sign a retired player if I ran a football team, either.

08-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Whoa! Someone got dominated by Richard Seymour?

Stop the ****ing presses! Ha!

There's a reason Waters is sitting on his couch.

He's washed up.

The Chiefs cast him off without a second thought because they spent a third-round pick on a talented guard in the 2010 draft.

08-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I probably wouldn't sign a retired player if I ran a football team, either.

Waters didn't retire.

He was cut.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
There's a reason Waters is sitting on his couch.

He's washed up.

The Chiefs cast him off without a second thought because they spent a third-round pick on a talented guard in the 2010 draft.

For a whole 4 days so far.

08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Keep grasping at straws. The Chiefs are going to lead the league in rushing again regardless of Brian Waters.

Shananahan
08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Waters didn't retire.

He was cut.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6s0qdg0481qzbvixo1_500.jpg

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Keep grasping at straws. The Chiefs are going to lead the league in rushing again regardless of Brian Waters.

Doubt it but good luck.

Fact: If Waters wants to play another season, he'll play another season. A Dallas or Chicago or ______ (insert a dozen teams here) would be more than happy to bring him on board.

08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Doubt it but good luck.

Fact: If Waters wants to play another season, he'll play another season. A Dallas or Chicago or ______ (insert a dozen teams here) would be more than happy to bring him on board.

ROFL!

The guy is washed up. Do you not even realize the Chiefs cut him because of performance issues?

Scared, huh?

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
ROFL!

The guy is washed up. Do you not even realize the Chiefs cut him because of performance issues?

Scared, huh?

Sure Bob. You have no habit of towing the company line.

Scared? No.

Do I think we have a season or two to play catch up? Yeah.

I like Haley a lot AND the rest of his staff and think they've done a great job the past 2 years. I wasn't the biggest fan of KC's draft this year though.

Regardless of what you think, losing Waters, from his play to his vet presence and character in the locker room, is a much bigger loss than adding ****ing McClain, that's for goddamn sure.

bombay
08-03-2011, 03:17 PM
We need a catch-all thread.

Anyway, Hall of Famer Bubba Smith passed away in LA today.

RIP

08-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Scared? No.

I like Haley a lot AND the rest of his staff and think they've done a great job the past 2 years. I wasn't the biggest fan of KC's draft this year though.

Regardless of what you think, losing Waters, from his play to his vet presence and character in the locker room, is a much bigger loss than adding ****ing McClain, that's for goddamn sure.

I've been dogging Waters for two seasons now. He was done in 2009.

He's barely a shadow of his former self.

This isn't a loss at all. It was time for him to go and you'll find there are few Chiefs fans upset about the move.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I've been dogging Waters for two seasons now. He was done in 2009.

He's barely a shadow of his former self.

This isn't a loss at all. It was time for him to go and you'll find there are few Chiefs fans upset about the move.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dexter-mo/T1I15CU4583TTM9S1

KCStud
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1125609&width=628&height=471

Does it click when you see him with his bags in his hand?

So? We let him go for a younger very talented Guard who should be an upgrade to him this year.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 03:28 PM
So? We let him go for a younger very talented Guard who should be an upgrade to him this year.

3rd round rookies usually provide seamless transitions to locker room leading pro bowler vets.

08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Here's what you don't even understand...Brian Waters wasn't the key to our running game last year, Branden Albert was.

The Chiefs are an off tackle running team and Charles averaged over 7 YPC last year going to his left.

08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
3rd round rookies usually provide seamless transitions to locker room leading pro bowler vets.

Asamoah isn't a rookie.

He is more talented than Waters, though.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Asamoah isn't a rookie.

He is more talented than Waters, though.

Woops my bad. That one start under his belt (and then quickly back to the bench) definitely means impending superstar.

Great move!

08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
So you didn't even MENTION that the Chiefs cut Waters...and now suddenly they sign a badass fullback and you bring it up.

Sounds dubious, bro.

cutthemdown
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
The Chiefs have a lot more talent on offense and defense then we do. Just how it right now. Still I don't see them having enough to do any real damage.

TheReverend
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
So you didn't even MENTION that the Chiefs cut Waters...and now suddenly they sign a badass fullback and you bring it up.

Sounds dubious, bro.

I brought it up after KC Dud claimed you guys are gonna lead in rushing again.

KCStud
08-03-2011, 03:44 PM

As far as leadership, Waters has him beat, but talent wise Asamoah is superior to an old Waters.

Asamoah was key to Rashard Mendenhall's success in college and he's proven to be a very good run blocker. To be honest, idk how Asamoah lasted until round 3. He was an absolute steal. He was the 2nd rated Guard prospect behind Pouncey and many experts had projected as an early 2nd round pick and possibly even a late 1st.

Last season he started one game for Waters when he was injured. That game was our best rushing performance of the season.

cutthemdown
08-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I love the McClain pickup. I hope Charles goes off and leads my fantasy team to back to back wins. I know I know he's the enemy but it's a big money league, i won like 1200 bucks last yr. I'm totally set also because it's a keeper league, 2 keepers, and I have Chris Johnson and Jammal Charles. Not a bad start to a team.

cutthemdown
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Chiefs will run the ball well, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't watched much of Charles. he's my favorite runner in the whole NFL right now. Flat out can score everytime he touches the ball. Haven't seen a guy like that since Barry Sanders IMO. They don't run the same style but the result is much the same. Big long runs.

cutthemdown
08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Chiefs main problem will be that their QB is sort of avg. Eventually you go up against Brady, Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Manning and it's tough to beat those players with an avg QB like Cassel.

KCStud
08-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Scared? No.

Leadership only did so much for us. We need talent and that's what Asamoah has. Besides, KC has plenty of leaders on offense now that Waters is gone.

KCStud
08-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Chiefs main problem will be that their QB is sort of avg. Eventually you go up against Brady, Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Manning and it's tough to beat those players with an avg QB like Cassel.

After last season, I think Cassel has proven he's above average, but he did only beat middle of the pack teams mostly. Last year he made the plays necessary to beat Rivers and he made the plays necessary to beat Manning. I don't blame Cassel for that game tho. Bowe dropped the easy TD that would have given us the lead and momentum.

Shananahan
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Matt Cassel is an athletic Kyle Orton with a little potential.

If their young players continue to pan out and progress, KC should be just fine and then some.

cutthemdown
08-03-2011, 06:13 PM
After last season, I think Cassel has proven he's above average, but he did only beat middle of the pack teams mostly. Last year he made the plays necessary to beat Rivers and he made the plays necessary to beat Manning. I don't blame Cassel for that game tho. Bowe dropped the easy TD that would have given us the lead and momentum.

Hard to tell if he is above avg. I think I still like qbs like Josh Freeman and Matt Ryan over him. I sort of rank them in tier's and I don't see Cassel a tier 1, or even tier 2 yet. Probably overall, ranking all 32 qbs, yeah he comes out middle of the road with probably 15 above and 15 below.

For sure though other teams have won with qbs in that middle of the pack area. It's just tougher if the other team has an elite passer.

I love the Chiefs the running attack though, and the WR seem to have explosive potential. Like you said though Bowe seems to drop them sometimes. He sure can ball though when he goes off.

I hear Moeki though struggling with some injuries. Him blossoming sort of what I was thinking could improve your offense this yr. Obviously the rookie Baldwin could be hit or miss, you just don't know with those rookie wr. The complexity of the NFL route tree sometimes gets them off to a slow start.

In any event right now the Chiefs are better then we are. Still though they have that monkey on back of just getting brushed aside in playoffs every time they make it. Not sure if Cassel if the savior, or just another qb that will spend 6-7 yrs starting in KC with nothing but some division championships to show for it.

KCStud
08-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Hard to tell if he is above avg. I think I still like qbs like Josh Freeman and Matt Ryan over him. I sort of rank them in tier's and I don't see Cassel a tier 1, or even tier 2 yet. Probably overall, ranking all 32 qbs, yeah he comes out middle of the road with probably 15 above and 15 below.

For sure though other teams have won with qbs in that middle of the pack area. It's just tougher if the other team has an elite passer.

I love the Chiefs the running attack though, and the WR seem to have explosive potential. Like you said though Bowe seems to drop them sometimes. He sure can ball though when he goes off.

I hear Moeki though struggling with some injuries. Him blossoming sort of what I was thinking could improve your offense this yr. Obviously the rookie Baldwin could be hit or miss, you just don't know with those rookie wr. The complexity of the NFL route tree sometimes gets them off to a slow start.

In any event right now the Chiefs are better then we are. Still though they have that monkey on back of just getting brushed aside in playoffs every time they make it. Not sure if Cassel if the savior, or just another qb that will spend 6-7 yrs starting in KC with nothing but some division championships to show for it.

From all indications Moeaki is able to play. Haley said if it was a game we needed him in than he'd be ready to go.

As for Cassel, I'd put him somewhere in the 12-15 range. If he does have a good season like last year, than I think he a 2nd tier guy.

Having to fantastic leapers in Bowe and Baldwin, a proven catcher in Moeki, a 700+ yd speed threat in the slot in Breaston and a dominant rushing attack with Charles and McClain should really help him out.

He's proven in NE and last season that when he has talent around him he can play up to their level and play like a top 10 QB when it comes to stats and most importantly, wins. I hope he keeps this up because with a talented team he's 48-18 TD to INT ratio with 21 wins and 11 loses.

boppool
08-04-2011, 06:13 AM
I love the McClain pickup. I hope Charles goes off and leads my fantasy team to back to back wins. I know I know he's the enemy but it's a big money league, i won like 1200 bucks last yr. I'm totally set also because it's a keeper league, 2 keepers, and I have Chris Johnson and Jammal Charles. Not a bad start to a team.

You've sold your soul to the devil, I'll tell ya. :wiggle:

I've played fantasy football since 1999 and to this day, I refuse to draft any of Chiefs players. And you know what? I've been doing just fine.