PDA

View Full Version : And our first two (fairly) BIG name signings into FA will be.....

txtebow
07-16-2011, 08:11 AM
1) Deangelo Williams --comes as no surprise to anyone who knows anything about Football. We NEED Runningbacks terribly and the relationship with Fox cements this logical signing.

2) Barrett Ruud. tough, smart assignment savy player who gets pushed around a bit but can certainly hold the position down until we get a top notch replacement in their.

txtebow
07-16-2011, 08:13 AM
the Bucs think so much of Ruud they may use the franchise tag....http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3181/player?r=1 Hopefully Fox's familiarity havng coached against him in the NFC South and the the thoough of returning to the midwest/mountain region will appeal to Mr Ruud.

Bigdawg26
07-16-2011, 08:19 AM
DeAngelo Williams and Brandon Mebane!

Broncoman13
07-16-2011, 08:19 AM
I think the Broncos will go after a Guard pretty quickly as well. I've heard a lot of talk/discussion from Stink about the state of our OLine. He is not impressed with Beadles or Kuper. Thinks Kuper can remain a starter but sees Beadles as more of a Swing Tackle. We'll see soon enough.

I agree that we'll go after a RB pretty early. Not sure it will be DeAngelo Williams though. I think he will come at a pretty high price and RBs approaching 30 are generally not the smartest investment unless they have low mileage and little injury history.

spdirty
07-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Please be Mebane! Shanny screwed up not drafting him in '07, please make it right!

Gcver2ver3
07-16-2011, 08:31 AM
1) Deangelo Williams --comes as no surprise to anyone who knows anything about Football. We NEED Runningbacks terribly and the relationship with Fox cements this logical signing.

2) Barrett Ruud. tough, smart assignment savy player who gets pushed around a bit but can certainly hold the position down until we get a top notch replacement in their.

deangelo is good...

barrett ruud not so much...

he's a not a bad player but i believe he will be paid just a bit more than he's worth...i'd rather see us develop our own than to sign ruud...we can use the money on something else, like Dline and guard...

oubronco
07-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Mebane and Charles Johnson

Broncoman13
07-16-2011, 08:35 AM
I think at RB we'll actually go with two players. I think one will be a faster back and the other will be more of a power back. I don't know if Tolbert will be available but I would bet on him or Michael Bush.

For the speed, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we ended up with Reggie Bush. I think he'll be let go in New Orleans and I can easily see the Broncos going after him.

If Bush isn't available or it doesn't work out, the money could go to Leon Washington... assuming he is available.

Broncoman13
07-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Davin Joseph or Carl Nicks at OG would be awesome as well.

Crushaholic
07-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Darren Sproles would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen. He may just retire as a Charger, someday...

That One Guy
07-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I think at RB we'll actually go with two players. I think one will be a faster back and the other will be more of a power back. I don't know if Tolbert will be available but I would bet on him or Michael Bush.

For the speed, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we ended up with Reggie Bush. I think he'll be let go in New Orleans and I can easily see the Broncos going after him.

If Bush isn't available or it doesn't work out, the money could go to Leon Washington... assuming he is available.

I believe I read Bush was agreeing to take a pay cut. If it'll be enough, I don't know, but I think that's what I read some time ago.

s0phr0syne
07-16-2011, 09:07 AM
And Michael Bush isn't going anywhere. Faid tendered him high and the reports have been that his first year won't count towards making him unrestricted.

tsiguy96
07-16-2011, 09:22 AM
is ruud a greater player than irving has the potential to be a few games in? dont think signing him is a priority with mays and especially irving.

need a DT, regardless of who it is.

gunns
07-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd love Ruud. I think the change in TB's scheme caused his downslide last year but he was still better than average. Bronco fans would love to have someone with a downslide like his as it's still more than what we get from ours. But I wonder if they would go with another LB.

I do not want Williams. Everyone is so enamored with his 1 great season and one fair season. They had a decent OL in those seasons. He'd probably be sitting on the bench next to Moreno for 1/2 the year. I've never been a fan of his. Has Tolbert or Green Ellis signed? Green Ellis could be a RFA though when the new CBA comes down. Wouldn't mind seeing John Kuhn as our FB.

Would like Mebane or Franklin. This should be interesting

Rabb
07-16-2011, 09:37 AM
my upset pick, Marion Barber

and by upset I mean both unexpected and I will be upset

FireFly
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I would love Rudd.

After Mebane he's the player I want most!

bronco militia
07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.10/spotlight/nerds/images/booger/booger4.jpg
This is bull****, i want Bush!!

Jetmeck
07-16-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't see anybody out there at Rb worth wasting the dough on right now.
Hope we stay put at RB unless someone else interesting shakes loose.

GoBroncos84
07-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Brandon Mebane and Barry Cofield

DBroncos4life
07-16-2011, 10:15 AM

Doesn't Nicks have a first round tender?

Gcver2ver3
07-16-2011, 10:17 AM

me...

no...

like...

Gcver2ver3
07-16-2011, 10:19 AM

there will be too much competition for davin joseph...

i don't see us as the type to get into bidding wars for a player right now...

he'd be an awesome upgrade, but that's almost as big a pipe dream as us landing Aso...

ICON
07-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Mathias Kiwanuka

Brandon Mebane

IMO the top 5 players we should target should be, in order:

Brandon Mebane
Barry Coefield
Remi Ayodele
Ahmad Bradshaw
Tim Hightower

TheReverend
07-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Cofield and Johnson

errand
07-16-2011, 10:32 AM

Wow, so you're thinking we're gonna sign a guy that was outrushed by Moreno, and a LB that gets pushed around?

oubronco
07-16-2011, 10:43 AM

and by upset I mean both unexpected and I will be upset

:TJnPopps:

NFLBRONCO
07-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Is it awful to say I don't want DeAngelo Williams here.

JDB7821
07-16-2011, 10:51 AM
He's not necessarily a big name, but if it doesn't work out with DeAngelo, I wouldn't he surprised to see you guys sign Jerious Norwood. He's a speedy back and John Fox knows all about him. He's coming off an injury, but if he stays healthy he can add a much needed spark to any offense.

Gcver2ver3
07-16-2011, 10:53 AM
He's not necessarily a big name, but if it doesn't work out with DeAngelo, I wouldn't he surprised to see you guys sign Jerious Norwood. He's a speedy back and John Fox knows all about him. He's coming off an injury, but if he stays healthy he can add a much needed spark to any offense.

yeah i was intrigued by him too as a potential addition...

we could really use some speed in the backfield...

yerner
07-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Deangelo will want too much money. This team doesn't need to spend that much for a running back. I think the will end up going cheaper. Mcclain might be interesting.

s0phr0syne
07-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Agree with the Norwood (I might've posted that earlier, so apologies if repeating). He's off the radar right now due to recurrent injuries, but if he's fit and cheap, definitely would love to see him in the backfield.

Bradshaw is unrestricted FA as well, right? Where does he rank among available RBs (in terms of popularity [aka price], not skills)? Media was enamoured with him in 2009, didn't seem to get as much attention last year.

Cito Pelon
07-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I'd love Ruud. I think the change in TB's scheme caused his downslide last year but he was still better than average. Bronco fans would love to have someone with a downslide like his as it's still more than what we get from ours. But I wonder if they would go with another LB.

I do not want Williams. Everyone is so enamored with his 1 great season and one fair season. They had a decent OL in those seasons. He'd probably be sitting on the bench next to Moreno for 1/2 the year. I've never been a fan of his. Has Tolbert or Green Ellis signed? Green Ellis could be a RFA though when the new CBA comes down. Wouldn't mind seeing John Kuhn as our FB.

Would like Mebane or Franklin. This should be interesting

John Kuhn is as good a risk as anybody else. FA's tend to follow their former coaches, so I bet Denver can sign some guys from Carolina. How that will work out I don't know, but I think it's a safe bet some guys from Carolina end up on the Denver roster.

SoCalBronco
07-16-2011, 11:25 AM
They've put themselves in a position where they have no choice but to overpay for Mebane.

gunns
07-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow, so you're thinking we're gonna sign a guy that was outrushed by Moreno, and a LB that gets pushed around?

1) Agree

2) One of the top tacklers in the league until last year?

gunns
07-16-2011, 11:42 AM
John Kuhn is as good a risk as anybody else. FA's tend to follow their former coaches, so I bet Denver can sign some guys from Carolina. How that will work out I don't know, but I think it's a safe bet some guys from Carolina end up on the Denver roster.

I don't have a problem with that at all as long as it's defensive guys.

Mediator12
07-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Have you guys even paid attention to the NEW salary cap structure? Teams will need to spend within 90% of the cap in THIS YEARS DOLLARS, not including old Gauranteed money or bonuses. That means the minimum cash outlay for the year will be 108 mil, with a max of 123 mil with the one time player exemption. DEN stands at 80.54 million of outlay with salaries, before Any bonuses due in 2011. That means DEN will be 27.5 million below the salary floor before any bonuses or contract restructures.

If you look at the top 53 players that will count against the cap DEN will be in excellent shape as Dumervil is the highest salaried player at 14 mil, Orton is @ 7.4 mil, Kuper is @ 7 mil, Dawkins and Bailey are @ 6 mil, and DJ is @ 5 mil for this years cap projections. Everyone else on the roster is going to be 2 mil or below. There are NO salary cap repercussions going forward as they all expired with the previous CBA and the uncapped year last season. Players are going to get NEW money going forward at 47-48% of yearly revenues minimum. Really the only teams that will be in cap hell, are those that do not restructure gauranteed money or cut dead weight veterans. FA will attract some big contracts, but NOW more than EVER, teams will be able to re-sign their own players they want to keep plus be minimumly active for even top FA's unless they overpay elite players in salary.

The money and options will be there to sign elite FA's for every team. However, the good teams will NOT necessarily lose all their top FA's like People thought before the new Cap structure was released.

OABB
07-16-2011, 11:55 AM

If that avatar is your girlfriend I sincerely apologize for what I have done with it.

titan
07-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I like Jason Snelling rb atl. He's got some size (223 lbs) and will cost less than DeAngelo Williams. This from an Atlanta Falcons blogger:

In 2009, with Michael Turner missing half of the season, Snelling rushed for 613 yards on 142 carries and caught 30 passes for 259 yards.
In 2010, after Jerious Norwood went down in the second game of the season, Snelling finished third on the team with 44 receptions. He finished 627 yards from scrimmage and five touchdowns.
Snelling has made just three starts, but has played in 51 games over four seasons. Overall, he’s rushed for 1,042 yards on 257 carries (4.1 yards per carry) and scored seven rushing touchdowns.
Snelling has also caught 82 passes for 651 yards and four touchdowns.
He is valuable for the Falcons because in addition to backing up Turner, he backs up Ovie Mughelli at fullback and is a special teamer.
Snelling is the ninth rated running back in free agency according to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper.
KIPER ON SNELLING: “Not the flashiest back around, all Snelling does is produce positive results. He’s a very reliable pass catcher and does a nice job with blitz pickup. His ability to see action at both running back and fullback further adds to his value.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2011/07/13/sign-or-dont-sign-can-jason-snelling-start-for-another-team/

ColoradoDarin
07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Peyton Manning

Maurice Clarett

errand
07-16-2011, 12:56 PM
1) Agree

2) One of the top tacklers in the league until last year?

If he gets pushed around...we don't need him. If he'll make tackles and stand strong, then we damn sure could use a guy like that...point is he'll be a gamble

oubronco
07-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Have you guys even paid attention to the NEW salary cap structure? Teams will need to spend within 90% of the cap in THIS YEARS DOLLARS, not including old Gauranteed money or bonuses. That means the minimum cash outlay for the year will be 108 mil, with a max of 123 mil with the one time player exemption. DEN stands at 80.54 million of outlay with salaries, before Any bonuses due in 2011. That means DEN will be 27.5 million below the salary floor before any bonuses or contract restructures.

If you look at the top 53 players that will count against the cap DEN will be in excellent shape as Dumervil is the highest salaried player at 14 mil, Orton is @ 7.4 mil, Kuper is @ 7 mil, Dawkins and Bailey are @ 6 mil, and DJ is @ 5 mil for this years cap projections. Everyone else on the roster is going to be 2 mil or below. There are NO salary cap repercussions going forward as they all expired with the previous CBA and the uncapped year last season. Players are going to get NEW money going forward at 47-48% of yearly revenues minimum. Really the only teams that will be in cap hell, are those that do not restructure gauranteed money or cut dead weight veterans. FA will attract some big contracts, but NOW more than EVER, teams will be able to re-sign their own players they want to keep plus be minimumly active for even top FA's unless they overpay elite players in salary.

The money and options will be there to sign elite FA's for every team. However, the good teams will NOT necessarily lose all their top FA's like People thought before the new Cap structure was released.

So going off this what are the chances of landing Mebane, Johnson, Cofield, etc.

Mediator12
07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
If he gets pushed around...we don't need him. If he'll make tackles and stand strong, then we damn sure could use a guy like that...point is he'll be a gamble

Barret Ruud is a top 8 MLB and if he gets pushed around, its usually because the DL in front of him got handled and allowed OL a free shot at him. He is an outstanding young player and I would love to get him. Also, he is a top notch cover MLB. He gives no mismatches to RB's or TE's in man coverage.

s0phr0syne
07-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I like Jason Snelling rb atl. He's got some size (223 lbs) and will cost less than DeAngelo Williams. This from an Atlanta Falcons blogger:

In 2009, with Michael Turner missing half of the season, Snelling rushed for 613 yards on 142 carries and caught 30 passes for 259 yards.
In 2010, after Jerious Norwood went down in the second game of the season, Snelling finished third on the team with 44 receptions. He finished 627 yards from scrimmage and five touchdowns.
Snelling has made just three starts, but has played in 51 games over four seasons. Overall, hes rushed for 1,042 yards on 257 carries (4.1 yards per carry) and scored seven rushing touchdowns.
Snelling has also caught 82 passes for 651 yards and four touchdowns.
He is valuable for the Falcons because in addition to backing up Turner, he backs up Ovie Mughelli at fullback and is a special teamer.
Snelling is the ninth rated running back in free agency according to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper.
KIPER ON SNELLING: Not the flashiest back around, all Snelling does is produce positive results. Hes a very reliable pass catcher and does a nice job with blitz pickup. His ability to see action at both running back and fullback further adds to his value.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2011/07/13/sign-or-dont-sign-can-jason-snelling-start-for-another-team/

Snelling plays a lot like a black Hillis. During the 2010 offseason, that's who I compared Hillis to and even had a bet with someone about Hillis matching Snelling's 2009 stats provided the same opportunity. Of course, Hillis exceeded those expectations.

Anyway, I agree that Snelling is a solid player, and I would welcome his addition.

Mediator12
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
So going off this what are the chances of landing Mebane, Johnson, Cofield, etc.

No one really knows. FA has never been like this and the 3 days of team offers to retain their own FA's might be bigger than ever. Guys like Mebane and Johnson might get huge offers from their own teams and smartly re-sign. Also, there are a lot MORE FA's than ever with the new 4 year and no restricted FA. It's going to be a very chaotic and busy FA and the new players will NOT have an offseason to move, learn the playbook, and get OTA's in before training camp.

Really, The best thing for most of these FA's is to sign huge deals and STAY with their old teams in many cases. Otherwise, there could be twice as many FA "busts" this year IMHO.

OABB
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Snelling plays a lot like a black Hillis. During the 2010 offseason, that's who I compared Hillis to and even had a bet with someone about Hillis matching Snelling's 2009 stats provided the same opportunity. Of course, Hillis exceeded those expectations.

Anyway, I agree that Snelling is a solid player, and I would welcome his addition.

so he fumbles and can't remember assignments?:wiggle:

oubronco
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Jim Saccomano - twitter

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Coaches and personnel people back in office, getting ready for whenever. Exciting vibe of anticipation in the Broncos facility.
22 minutes ago

Tim Tebow's "dates" for the ESPYs? Bronco offensive line teammates Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton. Nice team bonding!
4 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/broncos_sacco (http://twitter.com/#!/broncos_sacco)

Nice to see them bonding together
<!-- / message -->

broncocalijohn
07-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Jim Saccomano - twitter

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Coaches and personnel people back in office, getting ready for whenever. Exciting vibe of anticipation in the Broncos facility.
22 minutes ago

Tim Tebow's "dates" for the ESPYs? Bronco offensive line teammates Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton. Nice team bonding!
4 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/broncos_sacco (http://twitter.com/#!/broncos_sacco)

Nice to see them bonding together
<!-- / message -->

Jim Saccomano - twitter

Kyle Orton "dates" for the Espys? He scalped the tickets and took two hot blondes to the Mirage Bar until they decided to pass out as a threesome.
Offseason is so much better for Orton.

OABB
07-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Kyle Orton "dates" for the Espys? He scalped the tickets and took two hot blondes to the Mirage Bar until they decided to pass out as a threesome.
Offseason is so much better for Orton.

was there an award for "best fetal roll up in the face of pressure?"

broncocalijohn
07-16-2011, 01:50 PM
^ Dont know how ****ing old you are but you might need to know that there are awards off air to not get the advertisers pissed off. Orton is reigning champ, 3 years running, for best beer bong time consuming 3 beers while grabbing breasts.

Requiem
07-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Deangelo will want too much money. This team doesn't need to spend that much for a running back. I think the will end up going cheaper. Mcclain might be interesting.

It's a top priority for the team according to Fox. With the new agreement, Denver has a lot of room to play with.

ICON
07-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Barret Ruud is a top 8 MLB and if he gets pushed around, its usually because the DL in front of him got handled and allowed OL a free shot at him. He is an outstanding young player and I would love to get him. Also, he is a top notch cover MLB. He gives no mismatches to RB's or TE's in man coverage.

He's essential the NFL version of James Laurinaitis.Fortunately for us the Bucs Are going to hand him a fat deal, because they'll need to dole out a ton of money to get over the proposed cap floor. But if the Broncos sign him he should Benefit from playing with Von Miller who is a more penetrative player on the strong side,

ICON
07-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Mebane and Charles Johnson

Panthers are something like 70 million under the cap, 2nd only to Tampa, Charles Johnson is going to get locked up for a long time.

ICON
07-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Davin Joseph or Carl Nicks at OG would be awesome as well.Any team could benefit from Nicks on the roster but they'll have to give up a 1st rounder AND big money to get him.Davin Joseph would be a solid starter at RG.

Drek
07-17-2011, 12:36 PM
He's essential the NFL version of James Laurinaitis.Fortunately for us the Bucs Are going to hand him a fat deal, because they'll need to dole out a ton of money to get over the proposed cap floor. But if the Broncos sign him he should Benefit from playing with Von Miller who is a more penetrative player on the strong side,

Isn't James Laurinaitis the james Laurinaitis of the NFL? he's hands down the best player on the Rams defense already after only two seasons.

Broncos should back the Brinks truck up to Mebane's house. After that we have options at our other needs. We'd be smart to go to Deangelo Williams, Michael Bush, etc., any FA running back we'd want and give them an aggressive "take it or leave it" offer. This is the worst FA market to start a bidding war in.

tsiguy96
07-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Isn't James Laurinaitis the james Laurinaitis of the NFL? he's hands down the best player on the Rams defense already after only two seasons.

Broncos should back the Brinks truck up to Mebane's house. After that we have options at our other needs. We'd be smart to go to Deangelo Williams, Michael Bush, etc., any FA running back we'd want and give them an aggressive "take it or leave it" offer. This is the worst FA market to start a bidding war in.

roto:
DeAngelo Williams - RB - Panthers
According to NFL Network's Steve Wyche, the Broncos are "definitely in the market for" free agent DeAngelo Williams.
Based on conversations with league sources, Wyche believes the Panthers will try to re-sign Williams, but the Broncos will make that "very difficult." Since Williams has connections to both teams, it could very well come down to the size of the offer. We suspect the Broncos will be the more aggressive suitor.

hopefully hes got some left in the tank. also on roto, several people close to fox in the past predicted tebow will start, orton will get a third and broncos will sign jake delhomme. he may not be a player anymore, but he is definitely capable of backing up tebow and helping him progress as a pro.

Gcver2ver3
07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
roto:
DeAngelo Williams - RB - Panthers
According to NFL Network's Steve Wyche, the Broncos are "definitely in the market for" free agent DeAngelo Williams.
Based on conversations with league sources, Wyche believes the Panthers will try to re-sign Williams, but the Broncos will make that "very difficult." Since Williams has connections to both teams, it could very well come down to the size of the offer. We suspect the Broncos will be the more aggressive suitor.

hopefully hes got some left in the tank. also on roto, several people close to fox in the past predicted tebow will start, orton will get a third and broncos will sign jake delhomme. he may not be a player anymore, but he is definitely capable of backing up tebow and helping him progress as a pro.

above post = the extreme opposite of fail...

yerner
07-17-2011, 01:45 PM
It's a top priority for the team according to Fox. With the new agreement, Denver has a lot of room to play with.

fair enough. i do like deangelo.

ICON
07-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Brandon Mebane and Barry Cofieldhttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4968/1286160269096.gif

NFLBRONCO
07-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I'd rather spend money on DL then overpay on a RB. Should have drafted one. Deangelo Williams will cost tons ugh.

strafen
07-17-2011, 08:53 PM

and by upset I mean both unexpected and I will be upsetHa!
That's too funny! :D

BroncoMan4ever
07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
just say no to Deangelo Williams please. i don't want another guy with worn out legs coming in to Denver. he has played in only like 18 games the last 2 seasons, had an injury plagued shortened year last season. no way is he worth a significant chunk of change.

and if our first 2 signings are not filled with at least 1 DT i am going to freak the **** out.

TDmvp
07-17-2011, 10:12 PM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4968/1286160269096.gif

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/LynneSin97/taser.gif
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7056/taser8kz4ia.gif

Don't taze me bro !!! ... or I guess in his case Don't taze yourself Bro !!!

Bob's your Information Minister
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Top tier free agents like Deangelo Williams are staying as far away from Denver as possible.

epicSocialism4tw
07-17-2011, 10:49 PM
1. Mebane

2. Charles Johnson

-----------------------------------------------

Then you marinate for a year and watch this defense come alive in 2012.

cutthemdown
07-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Top tier free agents like Deangelo Williams are staying as far away from Denver as possible.

If that was true then you wouldn't see so many bad teams get big name FA. The problem is you don't get a discount, and many times pay over market value when your team is rebuilding like the Broncos. Not sure there is an article that ranks what cities players see most desirable to live in, but I bet Denver would rank higher. In fact if you asked 1000 random Americans this question what would they answer.

Would you rather your work transfer you to Kansas City, or Denver? Id be willing to bet Denver would run 70% to 30% or more.

Agamemnon
07-18-2011, 12:00 AM

Good thing Tebow is a durable mofo because Delhomme behind center actually horrifies me more than Orton...

Agamemnon
07-18-2011, 12:11 AM
just say no to Deangelo Williams please. i don't want another guy with worn out legs coming in to Denver. he has played in only like 18 games the last 2 seasons, had an injury plagued shortened year last season. no way is he worth a significant chunk of change.

and if our first 2 signings are not filled with at least 1 DT i am going to freak the **** out.

I tend to think Williams' probably has a bit more in the tank (and by the way last season was the first where he missed more than 3 games), but all the same he is reaching the dreaded 30 age mark. Very few backs can keep producing after that. So if we sign him I hope we sign him to a relatively short contract.

I also tend to question if he's really a top tier free agent coming off an injury and having only had one truly great season. He's a second tier guy who only really fits in a dual threat backfield, he's coming off a major injury, and he's approaching 30. So if we can get him for a reasonable price, I'm all for it. I just don't want to see us overpay for the guy.

BroncoMan4ever
07-18-2011, 01:23 AM
I tend to think Williams' probably has a bit more in the tank (and by the way last season was the first where he missed more than 3 games), but all the same he is reaching the dreaded 30 age mark. Very few backs can keep producing after that. So if we sign him I hope we sign him to a relatively short contract.

I also tend to question if he's really a top tier free agent coming off an injury and having only had one truly great season. He's a second tier guy who only really fits in a dual threat backfield, he's coming off a major injury, and he's approaching 30. So if we can get him for a reasonable price, I'm all for it. I just don't want to see us overpay for the guy.

if we can't get Michael Bush, I would much rather see us go after, John Clay, Darren Evans, or Damien Berry of the UDFA. in fact i want Clay in Denver regardless of our actions in FA.

i am not really high on bringing in older backs on bum legs. especially when they are going to want big money deals.