PDA

View Full Version : The 25 Least Valuable Players in the NFL

Gutless Drunk
07-13-2011, 09:29 AM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

25. Laurence Maroney, running back, free agent

20. Robert Ayers, outside linebacker, Broncos

jhns
07-13-2011, 09:31 AM
All Shanahans fault!

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Robert Ayers has been worthless.

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
So has NoShawn Marino

SonOfLe-loLang
07-13-2011, 09:34 AM
So has NoShawn Marino

Oh whatever, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but he hasnt been useless either.

Why Daniel Coats is so high on that list is strange. Seems to be just a cherry picked bench warmer. Did he even take snaps for us last year?

Baba Booey
07-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Maybe now that Ayers is back at his natural position we'll see some more production.

Smiling Assassin27
07-13-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

How does Brady Quinn not get a top 10 mention here? Ayers? Are you kidding me? Granted, he was playing totally out of place in the 3-4 but he damn sure wasn't 'least valuable'.

Rabb
07-13-2011, 09:45 AM
How does Brady Quinn not get a top 10 mention here? Ayers? Are you kidding me? Granted, he was playing totally out of place in the 3-4 but he damn sure wasn't 'least valuable'.

yeah I think it is unbelievably unfair to list Ayers as least valuable...the guy played pretty damn well last year on a piss poor unit

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh whatever, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but he hasnt been useless either.

Why Daniel Coats is so high on that list is strange. Seems to be just a cherry picked bench warmer. Did he even take snaps for us last year?

NoShawm is useless. He can hardly block...supposedly his strong suit. He can't run in space. He's slow. He has poor vision. At no time should he have been a first round pick. Selvin Young was better. Hopefully this changes for Nosharn...but as of now...he's a bust somewhere between Ryan Leaf and deathy O'Neal

*Names have been changed to protect the worthless.

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Levi Brown at #8 tells me to completely disregard this "piece"

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
NoShawm is useless. He can hardly block...supposedly his strong suit. He can't run in space. He's slow. He has poor vision. At no time should he have been a first round pick. Selvin Young was better. Hopefully this changes for Nosharn...but as of now...he's a bust somewhere between Ryan Leaf and deathy O'Neal

Certainly you can use a better bust example than a 2x all pro?

enjolras
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Ayers is absolutely ridiculous on that list. He's a bust only if you thought he was going to be a big sack guy. He's by far the best run defender on the team.

bronco militia
07-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Ayers is absolutely ridiculous on that list. He's a bust only if you thought he was going to be a big sack guy. He's by far the best run defender on the team.

does it matter that we have the leagues worst rushing defense?

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 10:15 AM

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/dodgeramit360/BertStare.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/hutch1999/misc/2quua34.jpg

jhns
07-13-2011, 10:16 AM

He is not the best run defender on this team. Even if he was, you just claimed that being king of the retards means something.

Drunk Monkey
07-13-2011, 10:26 AM
The alleged justification for the list. I can only assume we are paying Coats a boatload to suck if he is 4th ****tiest in the league.

"This list of the 25 worst players in the league accounts for playing time, expectations, and salary. It focuses on the 2010 season without forgetting about those who sucked in 2008 and 2009; in other words, C.C. Brown, you can't hide in Detroit."

OABB
07-13-2011, 10:36 AM

Do you people understand my frustration? just read this agin...its like a scene out of idiocracy. "um...basically your ****s all ****ed up."

Lev Vyvanse
07-13-2011, 10:36 AM
The alleged justification for the list. I can only assume we are paying Coats a boatload to suck if he is 4th ****tiest in the league.

600k. That list is a joke.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM

He's still a back that averages 4 yards a carry and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Im not sure why being functional makes you USELESS.

WolfpackGuy
07-13-2011, 10:50 AM
That Cutler trade is still paying dividends.

Better sell those #56 jerseys while you can.

Drunk Monkey
07-13-2011, 10:51 AM
600k. That list is a joke.

I agree

Peoples Champ
07-13-2011, 10:56 AM

i thought the same thing

broncosteven
07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
He's still a back that averages 4 yards a carry and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Im not sure why being functional makes you USELESS.

KM has not been worth the 15th pick in the draft but he would make a good pass catching/protection back and quality depth. Maybe Fox can find a way to get more out of him but he will have to stay healthy and be in better shape so he gets better in the 4th quarter.

It would be nice to see him exceed TD's 1st year stats.

schaaf
07-13-2011, 11:12 AM

Not this **** again

tsiguy96
07-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Levi Brown at #8 tells me to completely disregard this "piece"

you think levi brown is good?

BroncoMan4ever
07-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Ayers is going to surprise people this year playing in the position he was meant to play.

Moreno probably will to playing in the ZBS and with a coach who wants to run the ball.

Tombstone RJ
07-13-2011, 11:54 AM

don't forget about Dan Coats... 3 Broncos represent'n!

DrFate
07-13-2011, 12:12 PM

I will NEVER understand why people bring up O'Neal when they want to find 'busts'. They guy had a nice career.

2 Pro Bowl selection (2001, 2005)
2 All-Pro selection (2001, 2005)
34 career picks

???

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
you think levi brown is good?

Good, not great and certainly not the 8th least valuable player in the NFL...

NUB
07-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Little harsh on Jimmy Clausen, IMO.

tsiguy96
07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Good, not great and certainly not the 8th least valuable player in the NFL...

he graded out by profootballfocus as the WORST pass blocking tackle in the entire NFL for 2010.

Crushaholic
07-13-2011, 12:34 PM
The idea that Ayers is more worthless than Maroney is a joke...

Mogulseeker
07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
I thought Ayers was one of you better defensive players last year.

Rabb
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
he graded out by profootballfocus as the WORST pass blocking tackle in the entire NFL for 2010.

yeah but isn't that about like listening to the list in this thread and judging off of that?

it's all subjective

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 12:52 PM

And yet he was still a bust...but feel free to change it to Willie Middlebrooks

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I will NEVER understand why people bring up O'Neal when they want to find 'busts'. They guy had a nice career.

2 Pro Bowl selection (2001, 2005)
2 All-Pro selection (2001, 2005)
34 career picks

???

I really don't think a pro bowl or two is a reason to crown someone better than a bust. It is a popularity contest to a degree. For our team he was drafted, he was a saftey, to play corner and ended up being moved to wide-receiver before he was traded. He had a great season the following year playing across from IMO a beeter corner in James and got a few more picks that season.

broncocalijohn
07-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Top 20 worthless? Come on! There are many other players that are expected to be much better than what they hold down now.

Mock, is that you?

Champagne Powder
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Has Ayers been a disappointment? Absolutely.

It's hard to say he has been "worthless" though when he played a key role in holding 2,000-yard rusher Chris Johnson to 53 rushing yards on 19 carries last year.

Beantown Bronco
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I really don't think a pro bowl or two is a reason to crown someone better than a bust. It is a popularity contest to a degree.

You do realize that "pro bowl" and "all pro" are two COMPLETELY different awards, don't you? By definition, a two time all pro cannot be a bust when there are dozens of guys drafted high each year that don't even make a freaking gameday roster.

Pony Boy
07-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Ayers is going to surprise people this year playing in the position he was meant to play.

Moreno probably will to playing in the ZBS and with a coach who wants to run the ball.

That's pretty sad when we are hoping our 1st round draft pick will surprise people.

Kaylore
07-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Ayers was drafted later in the first round. I had different expectations of him than others, I guess.

Drunk Monkey
07-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Little harsh on Jimmy Clausen, IMO.

Really... He makes terrible decisions, is a bad locker room leader and gets paid fairly well. He fits the criteria to be on this list. To go QB with the 1st overall pick shows they have no confidence in him. 2nd round is to high for a backup QB. I have no problem with him being on this list.

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Not this **** again

The evidence speaks for itself. Norun won't be with the team this time next year unless he starts to produce.

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
You do realize that "pro bowl" and "all pro" are two COMPLETELY different awards, don't you? By definition, a two time all pro cannot be a bust when there are dozens of guys drafted high each year that don't even make a freaking gameday roster.

All pro is even more worthless because it's voted on by sportswriters....aka geeks like John Clayton, Burger bill, and so on.

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 01:39 PM

Good for them

Pony Boy
07-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Ayers was drafted later in the first round. I had different expectations of him than others, I guess.

It's just that we take Ayers at 18 and Green Bay gets Clay Matthews at pick 26 just feels like we never do our homework.

tsiguy96
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
yeah but isn't that about like listening to the list in this thread and judging off of that?

it's all subjective

well, they watch every single snap the player played through the year, then each play contributes to their total score, depending on how they performed during that particular play.

broncswin
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
All pro is even more worthless because it's voted on by sportswriters....aka geeks like John Clayton, Burger bill, and so on.

Ya...because staff writers for grantland(who wrote this article) are way more credible ROFL!

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 01:59 PM
well, they watch every single snap the player played through the year, then each play contributes to their total score, depending on how they performed during that particular play.

Mmm hmm

And did you know the Arizona OL was the 7th ranked pass pro OL in the NFL the year prior (Football outsiders DVOA)?

...now what could have possibly happened from 2009 to 2010 that might influence pass protections and time in the pocket...?

Golly I can't think of anything.

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/kurt-warner-press-conferenc.jpg

Thanks for giving me the title of another website to avoid though.

Rabb
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM

I hear ya' all I am saying is...it's ok to make up your own mind about someone and not have to be told by some website or twitter

this isn't meant to be ****ty either, just saying that it's all subjective

tsiguy96
07-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I hear ya' all I am saying is...it's ok to make up your own mind about someone and not have to be told by some website or twitter

this isn't meant to be ****ty either, just saying that it's all subjective

i know, just pointing to evidence to the contrary, showing he may in fact belong on the list. of course, this whole list is silly, because theres essentially zero criteria for who goes on it and who doesnt, they have free agents, full time starters and part time role players listed.