PDA

View Full Version : lockout update 7/12. 7/13: rookie wage scale almost finished

tsiguy96
07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
@AlbertBreer
I'm told it's been a productive two days here. Constructive approach. They're closing out language on necessary elements of potential deal

Like I just said on TA ... Stage is set for players and owners to get this thing done. A lot of the details are done.

Meetings are wrapping up now between lawyers and staff. They got about 9 hours in.

I would caution there's still important work to be done, that only the owners & players can do. But groundwork has been laid by legal types.

hes been the most connected lockout guy of anyone so far (literally, he sits outside the places they meet from start to finish in a lawn chair), so hopefully hes right and this appears to be coming to a close...when they do finally come to a conclusion on rookie wage scale and wahtever else, the groundwork of new CBA has been finished so it shouldnt be long after that lockout is done, settlements are finishing and football resumes.

i hope.

gunns
07-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I would caution there's still important work to be done, that only the owners & players can do. But groundwork has been laid by legal types.

Are you kidding me? Groundwork? They should have the empire state building built by now. Sheesh

tsiguy96
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Are you kidding me? Groundwork? They should have the empire state building built by now. Sheesh

you would think.

DenverBrit
07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWfyEFu71R3RmWUddCSJcQ87gVfTuzD C78d9wF7iM30aaXw_ni

Rockies Fan Douche
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
this calls for a celebration. time for the seventh inning song.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aNsmiqmaEWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bronco militia
07-12-2011, 09:21 PM
And Now, A Brief Update On The Lockout Negotiations

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/07/and-now-a-brief-update-on-the-lockout-negotiations.html

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM

hell as long as this is taking I have just been under the assumption that the NBA and NFL merged and both leagues have decided to settle the labor strife together.

missingnumber7
07-13-2011, 06:19 AM
I believe we will see a deal done in principle either on or before the 21st with all the legalease to be taken care of afterwards.

Beantown Bronco
07-13-2011, 06:27 AM
I feel that I've read this same thing weekly since some time before the draft.

bowtown
07-13-2011, 06:47 AM

But this time they have groundwork!

missingnumber7
07-13-2011, 06:54 AM

Because there was no threat to losing any money until the 21st of July. I hope that if they rush back to give a short closed door training camp that fans treat the owners and players to preseason game stadiums that are empty or nearly so because the season ticket owners have to pay anyway.

jhns
07-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Because there was no threat to losing any money until the 21st of July. I hope that if they rush back to give a short closed door training camp that fans treat the owners and players to preseason game stadiums that are empty or nearly so because the season ticket owners have to pay anyway.

The lockout has taken long enough that I won't be at any games this year. I plan my vacations early and there was no way I was going to make plans for stuff that may not happen. I would bet this is happening with lots of out of town fans.

Gcver2ver3
07-13-2011, 07:31 AM
the US Constitution took less thought to complete than this...

Beantown Bronco
07-13-2011, 07:54 AM
the US Constitution took less thought to complete than this...

That's why it has so many amendments. :)

55CrushEm
07-13-2011, 07:59 AM
I heard on the radio last night that the 2 sides have agreed on all the major issues....except for the length of rookie contracts.

Owners want 5 years.....players want 4 years.

I thought currently (or previously) 1st round draftees typically received 5 year contracts (although some received 6 year deals)........2nd rounders and beyond all got 4 year contracts.

Rabb
07-13-2011, 08:05 AM
I heard on the radio last night that the 2 sides have agreed on all the major issues....except for the length of rookie contracts.

Owners want 5 years.....players want 4 years.

I thought currently (or previously) 1st round draftees typically received 5 year contracts (although some received 6 year deals)........2nd rounders and beyond all got 4 year contracts.

from what I thought I heard, they want the OPTION for a 5th year and it's really the sliding scale of 5th year money for 1st round guys that is up for debate

I may be wrong, I am a lot

TailgateNut
07-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Who gives a flying ****. I hope they don't work out **** until after pre-sason is over. Then all the season tickt holders will request refunds and many wont return. ****ing gaggle of rich assholes.

rugbythug
07-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Who gives a flying ****. I hope they don't work out **** until after pre-sason is over. Then all the season tickt holders will request refunds and many wont return. ****ing gaggle of rich a-holes.

Which do you hate more money or tebow?

TailgateNut
07-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Which do you hate more money or tebow?

I hate greedy assholes.

BTW: I don't hate Tebow, I just can't fathom those who annoint him.

Kaylore
07-13-2011, 09:04 AM
I hate greedy a-holes.

BTW: I don't hate Tebow

...ehhhh I'm not sure I believe you.

TailgateNut
07-13-2011, 09:08 AM
ehhh, I couldn't care less!

jhns
07-13-2011, 09:12 AM
BTW: I don't hate Tebow, I just can't fathom those who annoint him.

This is from a chick that annointed McDaniels based on nothing. It was so bad that this girl wanted to fight me for saying he was ****ing up. Funny stuff.

Chris
07-13-2011, 09:20 AM
This is from a chick that annointed McDaniels based on nothing. It was so bad that this girl wanted to fight me for saying he was ****ing up. Funny stuff.

I think everyone wanted to fight you dude. Except baja... he'd give you a rotten fruit basket or something.

jhns
07-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I think everyone wanted to fight you dude. Except baja... he'd give you a rotten fruit basket or something.

Maybe so, but tail was the only one e-thugging it out and pming me his life story to show how tough he was. Not that any of this matters, was just pointing out the stupidity of hating people that annoint Tebow after the whole McDaniels thing. You blindly love the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise but can't stand people loving a promising young prospect on the team? That takes a special level of stupidity to pull off.

TailgateNut
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM

I see the Nebraska Nincompoop is at it again. ****ing little wimpy child!

jhns
07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Did I really just get called a nincompoop?

Chris
07-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Short for ninja computer........... poop..

CEH
07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
hes been the most connected lockout guy of anyone so far (literally, he sits outside the places they meet from start to finish in a lawn chair), so hopefully hes right and this appears to be coming to a close...when they do finally come to a conclusion on rookie wage scale and wahtever else, the groundwork of new CBA has been finished so it shouldnt be long after that lockout is done, settlements are finishing and football resumes.

i hope.

My bet

This guy has been waiting to be the first to post the lockout is over and as usual Shefter will get the scoop

tsiguy96
07-14-2011, 02:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/14/report-owners-made-significant-concession-on-rookie-wage-scale/

this could be big.

oubronco
07-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Woohoo!!!

CEH
07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
broncos_sacco Jim Saccomano
Coaches and personnel people back in office, getting ready for whenever. Exciting vibe of anticipation in the Broncos facility. #fb
2 hours ago

DivineBronco
07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/14/rookie-wage-scale-is-done/

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Broncoman13
07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I wonder what the rookie scale will look like. I kind of figured it would be about half of what the first founders get right now with the opportunity to renegotiate after 4 years. 5 is even better for the owners.

gunns
07-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Regardless, Cam Newton won’t be smiling when he realizes how much less money he’ll make than last year’s No. 1 overall pick, Sam Bradford, who used his windfall to buy a ping-pong table.

Good.

DenverBrit
07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Let's get going!! ;D

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9864/464646.gif

schaaf
07-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm going to beat off so much tonight...

TheReverend
07-14-2011, 06:30 PM

You saw the slow mo Kate Upton vid too?

StugotsIII
07-14-2011, 06:32 PM

I'm going to watch you.

schaaf
07-14-2011, 07:04 PM
You saw the slow mo Kate Upton vid too?

Damn right I did... I would do unthinkable things to that woman

schaaf
07-14-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm going to watch you.

Fag.

TheReverend
07-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm going to watch you.

:rofl:

wtf?

Kaylore
07-14-2011, 08:08 PM
....so ANYWAYYYYYY

...This is good news. Hopefully the last few pieces fall into place and we have a new deal agreed upon.

TheReverend
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
....so ANYWAYYYYYY

...This is good news. Hopefully the last few pieces fall into place and we have a new deal agreed upon.

I believe that was the last piece?

Thought it's just going to be a couple days of lawyers squawking over verbiage, unless a new bone of contention surfaces.

No?

schaaf
07-14-2011, 08:15 PM
****, you guys hear about the Demaryius Thomas news???

Dagmar
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
****, you guys hear about the Demaryius Thomas news???

He refuted it himself on twitter today.

StugotsIII
07-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Fag.

It's not gay if I just watch…;D

Pony Boy
07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I wonder what the rookie scale will look like. I kind of figured it would be about half of what the first founders get right now with the opportunity to renegotiate after 4 years. 5 is even better for the owners.

According to sources, the terms agreed to on the rookie wage system are, in part, as follows:

• Five-year contracts, with a team option for the fifth year.

• If the team option is exercised, in the fifth year the top 10 picks would receive a salary equal to the average of the top 10 player salaries at their respective positions. That money would be guaranteed if the option is exercised after the third year of the contract.

• If the team option is exercised, in the fifth year picks 11-32 would receive a salary equal to the average of the Nos. 3-25 salaries at their respective positions. That money would be guaranteed if the option is exercised after the third year of the contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6768521/nfl-lockout-owners-players-agree-rookie-wage-system-sources-say

tsiguy96
07-15-2011, 09:01 AM
wow. the NFLPA took out a secret insurance on every single NFL player in case there was no football in 2011, and they didnt tell anyone about it. they disclosed this during the meeting with the owners, that may have been what propelled negotiations forward causing the NFL to soften its stance and accept an offer that is actually pretty damn good for them in terms of rookie wage scale. in that case, if the owners threatened the players with accept this or no football, every single player would have 200,000 dollars insurance and would hopefully be able to withstand no paychecks for awhile.

very interesting, good power play by NFLPA too.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/07/15/secret-lockout-fund/index.html

srphoenix
07-15-2011, 09:19 AM
This also means we don't have to pay von miller 50+ million before he even steps foot in training camp. Hopefully this time the reports actually turn into a deal and not just more talk

s0phr0syne
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
wow. the NFLPA took out a secret insurance on every single NFL player in case there was no football in 2011, and they didnt tell anyone about it. they disclosed this during the meeting with the owners, that may have been what propelled negotiations forward causing the NFL to soften its stance and accept an offer that is actually pretty damn good for them in terms of rookie wage scale. in that case, if the owners threatened the players with accept this or no football, every single player would have 200,000 dollars insurance and would hopefully be able to withstand no paychecks for awhile.

very interesting, good power play by NFLPA too.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/07/15/secret-lockout-fund/index.html

I was about to create a new thread for this, but I leave the honors to you.

The title needs to read, "Domonique Foxworth, Savior of the 2011 NFL Season?"

!Booya!:twokisses:peace:

gunns
07-15-2011, 12:05 PM
They said on NFLN the main sticking points are finished, now it's just secondary items that sounded almost like things they would discuss at the owners meeting. I don't want to get my hopes up but it's not working!

Kaylore
07-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I believe that was the last piece?

Thought it's just going to be a couple days of lawyers squawking over verbiage, unless a new bone of contention surfaces.

No?

No. There is right of first referral and old people left.

TheReverend
07-15-2011, 12:14 PM
No. There is right of first referral and old people left.

I consider that nothing :)

Kaylore
07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I consider that nothing :)

I missed a few: Retirees, Free agency rules, players safety, player discipline protocols (players want an independent 3 judge panel issuing fines), and movement to non-judicial labor resolutions going forward (the owners want to have an independent 3rd party resolving the labor issues rather than a federal judge every time this happens.)

So it is more complicated than I suggested. Anything involving money takes longer. Retirees involve money, but I wonder if their boost came in the form of folding what was taken away from the top 15 picks into the retirees and veteran's benefits. I heard this was so.

The "football stuff" should go quickly.

schaaf
07-15-2011, 01:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/14/rookie-wage-scale-is-done/

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

**** you divinebronco. You give me my first neg rep for you not being able to tell what's sarcasm?

CEH
07-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Stuff like owners want to put a $1MM cap on workmans comp claims players want more
Sounds like all the heavy lifting has been completed
Just a matter of time now

SportinOne
07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
And Now, A Brief Update On The Lockout Negotiations

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/07/and-now-a-brief-update-on-the-lockout-negotiations.html

ick

oubronco
07-16-2011, 08:42 AM
ESPN's John Clayton reports the salary cap for the 2011 season will be $120 million.

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora has the cap at close to $123 million with exceptions that will make it "feel" like $130 million. This year's cap will also come with a salary floor, adding a new element. Some teams will have to spend in free agency to meet the floor while others will have their hands tied near the cap. This news is the final touch in a Thursday chalk full of progress. As Chris Mortensen suggested, "Even skeptical participants among negotiating teams are almost stunned at momentum resolving [the] remaining issues."