PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV Free Sunday Ticket

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
DirecTV Giving free Sunday ticket to new customers. So I called up and complained.

Go get it free now :D

SonOfLe-loLang
07-12-2011, 01:59 PM
WHOA, really?

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 02:00 PM
WHOA, really?

Yeah just saw a commercial called up and was like "I haven't been getting any specials and been paying for HD for like 4 months"

SonOfLe-loLang
07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I better get back on with directv

LetsGoBroncos
07-12-2011, 02:07 PM
DirecTV Giving free Sunday ticket to new customers. So I called up and complained.

I saw that a couple months ago and called. I was on the phone for an hour and they refused to give it to me for free since I'm an existing customer....they did give me $20 off per month for a year though so $240 total.

Did they straight up give you Sunday ticket for free?

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 02:07 PM
I better get back on with directv

Oh it's easy for new customers lol. I had to complain for like 20 minutes.

SouthStndJunkie
07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
They give to to you 100% free for the upcoming year?

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 02:09 PM
They give to to you 100% free for the upcoming year?

They gave it to me. I threatened to cancel and switch to cable and use the extra money I saved on bar tabs.

Beantown Bronco
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
There's only one reason for this. They already got the word from Goodell that the talks have tanked and there will be no NFL at all this year.

SouthStndJunkie
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll moan and b**** until they give it to me as well.

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
There's only one reason for this. They already got the word from Goodell that the talks have tanked and there will be no NFL at all this year.

Or the other reason, that a lot of people are jaded from the lockout and they're trying to make SOMETHING off their exclusive rights...

SonOfLe-loLang
07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Its a good idea anyway, it will probably give them a bunch of new customers.

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh, and not trying to be racist or anything, but if you get a African American person, they'll usually give you the hookup a lot easier.

oubronco
07-12-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.makemymood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fish.jpg

Gcver2ver3
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
free?..cool, i negotiated it free last year...i'm going for it again then...

maher_tyler
07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Calling now!!

BTW..thanks for the info.

Edit: I called, they said there is no offer for new or existing customers...

Beantown Bronco
07-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Calling now!!

30 day timeout for Doggcow! Time to report him to the mods!

Rother8
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I just saw the commercial on espn, calling now.

BroncosSR
07-12-2011, 03:39 PM

Either that or they realized PepsiCo is a sponsor of the NFL which contains aspartame.

BigPlayShay
07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
just got that bill reduced by $25 for 6 months.

Doggcow
07-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Calling now!!

It's for "new" members, but I just complained till they gave it to me for my "loyalty"

Ray Finkle
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I called and they said they wouldn't do anything until the season is on....they said call back next week.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I threatened to leave last year so I got a new HD dish and controller and half of last season for free so I can't pull that again until I fufill my 2 year HD agreement.

Punisher
07-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice

StugotsIII
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

Also giving it free to returning customers...

maher_tyler
07-12-2011, 08:41 PM
It's for "new" members, but I just complained till they gave it to me for my "loyalty"

Maybe i call and threaten to leave then..i tried telling them i haven't been given any offers so they try giving me some channels i don't give a rats ass about. If they are giving these "new" members or whatever free ticket..wouldn't it be cheaper for me to cancel and they re-up as a "new" member?? Ticket is like $334 or something..no way is early termination that expensive.

What are you guys doing/saying to get it for free/getting the price knocked down!!

AK Broncomaniac
07-14-2011, 01:03 AM
I called today attempting to get at least a discount... it was a no. They didn't really care if I threatened to cancel or not. Apparently, in my service area they have all the customers they need. Personally, I think they know who the addicts are. I've had Sunday Ticket for as long as it's been available. They didn't hesitate for a moment to call my bluff. :) They knew I wasn't going to cancel my subscription. :flower:

Doggcow
07-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Maybe i call and threaten to leave then..i tried telling them i haven't been given any offers so they try giving me some channels i don't give a rats ass about. If they are giving these "new" members or whatever free ticket..wouldn't it be cheaper for me to cancel and they re-up as a "new" member?? Ticket is like $334 or something..no way is early termination that expensive.

What are you guys doing/saying to get it for free/getting the price knocked down!!

I said, "I've been a loyal customer for years and never been able to experience it because it was so expensive" the first time

Then this year I said "For over $300 i can cancel my service (it's like $100 for me) and get a special offer with cable, and spend all my savings on bar tabs"

OH, and it may take you 2 or 3 calls. Sometimes you get people who just don't care. Need to get someone having a good day.

cmhargrove
07-14-2011, 06:00 AM
They didn't give me the Ticket outright, but they gave me $20.00 off my channel package for a year, some free equipment upgrades including HD DVR (with whole house service) - he gave me a straight credit to cover those fees, he also waived the standard HD fees.

He was really nice and talkative and told me to call back as soon as the deal was ending, and I could basically get the $20.00 off indefinitely as long as I called the retention department and asked for it.

I'll call back when the season starts and see if I can at least get them talked down a little on the Ticket.

ColoradoDarin
07-14-2011, 06:27 AM
I called today attempting to get at least a discount... it was a no. They didn't really care if I threatened to cancel or not. Apparently, in my service area they have all the customers they need. Personally, I think they know who the addicts are. I've had Sunday Ticket for as long as it's been available. They didn't hesitate for a moment to call my bluff. :) They knew I wasn't going to cancel my subscription. :flower:

I ended up just cancelling ST, they aren't budging at all this year for their current customers (gave me other deals, but wouldn't on ST). Screw it. I'm going to find a feed online or hit a sports bar. Additionally, we're planning on cancelling our entire service once our contract runs out in a couple of months.

TonyR
07-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Just curious, those of you with DirecTV, where do you get your interwebz? And do you pay a lot more $ by not being bundled (cable/phone/internet)?

ColoradoDarin
07-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Just curious, those of you with DirecTV, where do you get your interwebz? And do you pay a lot more $ by not being bundled (cable/phone/internet)?

We have DSL (AT&T, actually still Bell South...) We pay $5 a month more than we would if we had any other AT&T service (U-Verse and/or phone), didn't bother to bundle with DirecTV because there was no discount in it, just one bill. When we go to over the air + internet for TV, I wonder if we're going to have to bump up our internet service - streaming Netflix is no problem - so who knows.

Beantown Bronco
07-14-2011, 06:48 AM

I have Comcast phone and internet, with directv for my tv. I do pay more, but not a ton more. Probably in the $20-30 range. Tough to say based on the different package prices and add ons, etc. It's tough to compare apples to apples because they're not really the same in terms of basic cable and HD packages they offer.

The only reason I stick with directv now instead of bundling all three with comcast is for the 3D channels. Directv kills Comcast in this area right now IMO.

DenverBroncosJM
07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
I just bundled my verizon dsl/phone with my directv and saved 20 a month.
10 from directv and 10 from verizon. You have to call verizon to bundle it directv can't

AK Broncomaniac
07-14-2011, 10:07 AM

I have no home phone... just use the cell. And,YES, it's much more expensive not being in a package "bundle"... but everything is more expensive up here anyway.

BroncosSR
07-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Have Comcast TV/phone/internet year round and just get DirecTv during football season. I suspend my DirecTv account during the offseason.

underrated29
07-14-2011, 10:59 AM
So I called the ex- she is something at Direct Tv. Here is the lowdown.

They rate everything on stars.

If you have had direct for over 2 years and now late payments you are a 5 star and they will give in and get you the sunday ticket if you pry hard enough or threaten to leave.

If you are one of the above, either over two years or a late payment then they will give you the free HDDVR thing and $20 off monthly.

If you are new like me, no late but not with them for 2 years you are 2-3 stars and she said they will not do a damn thing for you.

She said if you were to cancel and get a new account so as to get it free you can but you need to use a different persons name then the original account holder, or they will see that and probably not qualify you as a new client and thus no Sunday ticket.

Take it for what its worth.

Garcia Bronco
07-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Sheep...you guys should have collectively held out for more.

broncosteven
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM

I only have DTV for the Ticket, I don't get any other channels or have any other packages. Apparently you cannot do this anymore, I was grandfathered in.

I have Uverse for Internet and HD Cable and we saved a ton over our last config.

I loved Uverse at 1st, then we had 2 months of issues but they resolved them and they recently did an upgrade on the units and it has been excellent again.

I would recommend it if you have it in your area.

Doggcow
07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Sheep...you guys should have collectively held out for more.

Lol. I wonder if we called up as "orangemane.com: There are 30 of us willing to cancel our service unless you reduce our programming by 46% and reduce the benefits to new members and give it to us"

Los Broncos
07-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Damn, I just called to change my programing, should of said something.

Does the ticket just auto renew each season?

Los Broncos
07-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Cable, I only have DTV on my set, rest of the house is TW.

maher_tyler
07-15-2011, 07:52 PM
So I called the ex- she is something at Direct Tv. Here is the lowdown.

They rate everything on stars.

If you have had direct for over 2 years and now late payments you are a 5 star and they will give in and get you the sunday ticket if you pry hard enough or threaten to leave.

If you are one of the above, either over two years or a late payment then they will give you the free HDDVR thing and $20 off monthly.

If you are new like me, no late but not with them for 2 years you are 2-3 stars and she said they will not do a damn thing for you.

She said if you were to cancel and get a new account so as to get it free you can but you need to use a different persons name then the original account holder, or they will see that and probably not qualify you as a new client and thus no Sunday ticket.

Take it for what its worth.

No late payments will have been with them for 2 years in november. I called for a 3rd time yesterday, the guy said they aren't offering any discounts etc. until the labor deal gets done...

Mediator12
07-16-2011, 06:27 AM

I bundle Internet/Home Phone/DirectTV with Frontier, who used to be Verizon. I have AT&T Iphone cells. I am About to switch to all cell service and drop AT&T and add Verizon Cell service as soon as they work out their Iphone Issues here in INDY. That adds an extra huge savings of 40 bucks a month and gets me a better overall Cell phone plan for the family.

As For Direct TV, I cancelled the ticket last year for the first time in 6 years. I watched all the Denver games at my parents who moved here and have it. It was the first time in 3 years I did not watch every single NFL game in the season with the shortcuts. It was ok. However, I have been with Direct TV for 6 years, never missed a payment, and am due for some upgrades. Going to see what I can get once they sign the deal this week.....

Gcver2ver3
07-16-2011, 07:04 AM
i'm somewhat surprised by some of the posts on here about DTV not budging...

i get something on almost a yearly basis by threateing to cancel, and last year was my best rake in yet, and it was due to me seeing a ridiculous deal for new customers...

last year i got free Sunday Ticket, 2 free HD DVRs, free starz and showtime for 3 months, and $20 off my bill a month for the year...i mean i really got them good, however part of that was me agreeing on a 2year ext....

i've been a customer of theirs for over 10yrs with never a late payment maybe that helped...

i will call them again but i'm waiting on the lockout to officially end first...

has anyone gotten as much as i did without having to extend their contract?...if so i'd like to know what you said...

underrated29
07-16-2011, 10:54 PM
No late payments will have been with them for 2 years in november. I called for a 3rd time yesterday, the guy said they aren't offering any discounts etc. until the labor deal gets done...

Atleast you are getting somehwere. I think it had to be over 2 years but if they are talking to you good luck.

I tried it because, well she is my ex and all, but I got shot down quite nicely. No late here, but Ive had them just a little over a year. Bastages!

theAPAOps5
07-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Calling now!!

They lied to you. I saw the commercial last night. They take a stab at wall street investors in it. Pretty funny commercial.

NFLBRONCO
07-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I have Comcast Internet my download speed is 15.86 mbps upload 5.36 mbps. The thing I wonder is why does all the video's I watch have to buffer all the time. I would think very little buffering would happen. So is it Comcast or AOL 9.6 is my biggest problem

LRtagger
07-17-2011, 01:53 PM
If you wait until they bill out for the ticket and THEN call and threaten to cancel, I bet they will be willing to move down on the price.

Wes Mantooth
07-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I called and they told me to call back after they are certain the season is back on.

gunns
07-17-2011, 02:36 PM

I did that with Comcast when they offered some great deals to new customers.

My daughter has a friend who works for DirectTV and he was telling us that there is free Sunday ticket and it includes Red Zone. And the price overall is cheaper than Comcast. I've loved Comcast and their sports package is cheap, but there pricing has gotten a little overboard and hell, there isn't anything cheaper than free. I'm seriously considering it

Mediator12
07-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I did that with Comcast when they offered some great deals to new customers.

My daughter has a friend who works for DirectTV and he was telling us that there is free Sunday ticket and it includes Red Zone. And the price overall is cheaper than Comcast. I've loved Comcast and their sports package is cheap, but there pricing has gotten a little overboard and hell, there isn't anything cheaper than free. I'm seriously considering it

You should do it unless you get terrential storms on SUN's ;D I love directTV, and they actually have solid customer service versus comcast and the cable companies.

BlueCrusher
07-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I had directv but cancelled last year and was able to watch almost all of the games via stream usually from atdhe.net, but judging by their website, that won't be as easy this year. Something about having your site taken by the FBI just sounds bad.

I friend told me to consider a Slingbox that lets you watch and control your home tv on a computer or smartphone. I live in FL but have family in CO, so I thinking about getting one and throwing it on a tv in my father in law's house.

Anyone tried this?

AK Broncomaniac
07-18-2011, 12:19 PM
They were very popular in Afghanistan, but because of their bandwidth demands they were banned.

BigPlayShay
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
I had directv but cancelled last year and was able to watch almost all of the games via stream usually from atdhe.net, but judging by their website, that won't be as easy this year. Something about having your site taken by the FBI just sounds bad.

I friend told me to consider a Slingbox that lets you watch and control your home tv on a computer or smartphone. I live in FL but have family in CO, so I thinking about getting one and throwing it on a tv in my father in law's house.

Anyone tried this?

I got my dad a slingbox for father's day a few years ago. He travels a lot, so when he is out of town, he watches the Broncos from my TV on his laptop.

BlueCrusher
07-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I got my dad a slingbox for father's day a few years ago. He travels a lot, so when he is out of town, he watches the Broncos from my TV on his laptop.

Thanks BigPlay. Good to know.

It would be nice to be able to watch the coach's show and other stuff that is local only too.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Atdhe is still around :)

BlueCrusher
07-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Atdhe is still around :)

atdhe.net got seized. Did they get a new site?

BroncosSR
07-18-2011, 03:40 PM
atdhe.net got seized. Did they get a new site?

atdhenet.tv

cmhargrove
07-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Just to let everyone know, I just called again today after I negotiated hundreds of dollars of extra goodies within the past two weeks (which didn't include the ticket). I told them I thought they just gave me the ticket, and I was upset.

It was pretty easy to pry away an instant $205.00 credit. Then I made a one time payment on the credit card. That means I just got the ticket for $129.95 - cash and carry.

They are primed for this, with tons of recent complaints. If you still don't have the ticket, give it a shot.

R8R H8R
07-25-2011, 08:54 AM
I have Comcast Internet my download speed is 15.86 mbps upload 5.36 mbps. The thing I wonder is why does all the video's I watch have to buffer all the time. I would think very little buffering would happen. So is it Comcast or AOL 9.6 is my biggest problem

That is about the speed of my cable and I have no problems w/ Netflix movies, even HD. However, I do have occasional buffering on various other websites, so I think sometimes it is the source.

Popcorn Sutton
07-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Just called and they wouldn't offer Sunday Ticket for free... They did agree to send out a new HR24 DVR and install whole home DVR for free.

R8R H8R
07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
FYI, for those of you already with DTV, but not getting HD, you can get it for free by putting your payment on auto-pay. An installer told me about it earlier in the year and I have taken advantage it, but you have to ask because they don't advertize this. They only advertize it for new customers.

You just call them and tell them you have been paying by auto-pay and you understand that HD is free and you want it. You shouldn't have to threaten to leave unless for some reason they won't do it. They also waived the cost of installation and the receiver. The only cost to me was $49(normally $99) for an extra HD receiver for the bedroom.

The only "catch" to it is you sign an agreement to stick with them and the service for 2 years. I jumped all over it. Good luck. :sunshine:

ChrisToker
07-25-2011, 09:25 AM
As a previous employee of DirectTv I know for a fact that this can be done. Start of w/ general ?'s about your service and where you could 'cut cost' on current monthly plan. use words like 'shopping around' and actually call ur cable company in area so you have exact numbers. Mention that you enjoy services and tend to be a loyal customer but....times are rough and bottom line, cost is a huge factor. Also include the main reason you went w/ Dtv was to onday get the Sunday ticket witch adds the value to justify staying a customer.

ChrisToker
07-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Did you guys know that all providers in Canada carry Sunday Ticket due to illegal monopoly rules wich go by the wayside in the US?

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I've played the "times are tough/cutting budget at home/how can we cut costs?" lines before and they've all worked. Time to try it again.

LetsGoBroncos
07-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Over a span of 3 seperate calls I have gotten $480 in total credits over a 2 year period, as well as Sunday ticket for $35.

First call - $20 off my bill every month for a year

Second call - $10 off my bill every month for 2 years

Third call - Sunday ticket for $35

Popcorn Sutton
07-25-2011, 09:54 AM
FYI, for those of you already with DTV, but not getting HD, you can get it for free by putting your payment on auto-pay. An installer told me about it earlier in the year and I have taken advantage it, but you have to ask because they don't advertize this. They only advertize it for new customers.

You just call them and tell them you have been paying by auto-pay and you understand that HD is free and you want it. You shouldn't have to threaten to leave unless for some reason they won't do it. They also waived the cost of installation and the receiver. The only cost to me was $49(normally $99) for an extra HD receiver for the bedroom.

The only "catch" to it is you sign an agreement to stick with them and the service for 2 years. I jumped all over it. Good luck. :sunshine:

Rep. Just set this up!

bfoflcommish
07-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Just called, of course he started out saying there is no discounts. he did say I can offer you $20 credit for 6 months, i balked at that, and said ehh thats only $120 off still too pricy, he up'd it to $25 for 6 months and free hd for 6 months, basically = to me paying $125 for sunday ticket. Ill take that!!

Broncochica
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info, now set up for free NFL ticket as a new customer woohoo! :strong: No more online streaming ughh...

SoDak Bronco
07-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, I am pretty pumped..I called direct tv, the first call went no where so I called back in...told the lady I am looking to cancel the auto renew...too much money, so she gave me the standard 6months 20 off deal...I told her my wife would kill me if I spent over 200..she then went and put me on hold, gave me free dvr for 6 months, which is an extra 7 dollars and change off per month..I told her ya that sounds good, I'll go with it..I asked her if I were to pay in one lump sum could I get more off..she came back and said if I pay 144.50 today she will instant credit my account 196.01..And the kicker is she couldn't take the agreed upon 27 dollars off per month for 6 months deal off, so I am going to net 17.50.. Haha so they are paying me for Sunday ticket

ZONA
07-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Hmm, I sure would like to find the thread on this from last year. I want to see my post because I negotiated a sweet deal. It seems to be different for me every year I do this. Been with them for 10 years. 2 Years ago it took me 4 calls to get somebody willing to give me a discount but last year I got it on the 1st call. One thing they do look at is how many discounts or credits have you received for other things (complaints). If you have too many, they usually don't give you much. But I'm going to try and take them for a huge discount this year. I have every premium channel there is and have had the Ticket for the past 8 years so I'm going for a total of $150 and that means in HD. They always try and charge you more for that crap, which is lame.

Maybe somebody can find the thread from last year so we can see what kind of deals we had back then.

Doggcow
07-26-2011, 01:37 AM
It might be harder to nail this deal now after the lockout is over too.

cmhargrove
07-26-2011, 05:55 AM
Maybe somebody can find the thread from last year so we can see what kind of deals we had back then.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92586&highlight=sunday+ticket

Maverick7
07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
I waited for the lockout to end, so I called DirecTv last night. I had previously called earlier in the month and I was given $15 dollars off for 6 months for my regular service. When I called last night to complain about the Sunday Ticket, I was told that they can't give any discounts until the season is officially back on. When I told her that today the lockout ended, she said the only thing she could do was wave the $7 a month for DVR service. I accepted that but asked her again about a Sunday Ticket discount. She said to call back in August and then maybe I could get a discount. I called back literally a minute later and got a new customer service rep. I complained about the price of Sunday Ticket and said I couldn't pay for it this year, and he gave me a $100 credit for my account. I figured I could use that to pay off some of the Sunday Ticket. If you call just be persistent and if you don't get the deal you want, then call back and if you get the right rep, you could get a good deal.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-26-2011, 11:20 AM
****. Shafted.

Dude was really nice, though. I played the "cutting the budget, etc./ 4-year loyal customer" bit and everything. Took about $16 off my monthly and offered Sunday Ticket for 3 payments instead of 5. Meh. Not bad. Took it.

Smilin Assassin
07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Just called and got the same deal I got last year. (ie; $29.99 for 6 months for a total of $180).

She was really nice and understood I shouldn't be paying more for the same thing I've been getting for 16 years.

Best deal? Maybe not, but I couldn't live w/myself had I paid full price.

I may call back next week and complain it's still too steep. I mean, hell, it can't hurt.

Doggcow
07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
****. Shafted.

Dude was really nice, though. I played the "cutting the budget, etc./ 4-year loyal customer" bit and everything. Took about $16 off my monthly and offered Sunday Ticket for 3 payments instead of 5. Meh. Not bad. Took it.

FYI, if you get the "X" amount off your bill, then call back, you can get another "X" amount off sometimes :)

i4jelway7
07-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I've had dtv w/ the Sunday Ticket for 15 years, I just called and spoke w/ customer service rep Ashley, told her I wanted to cancel the ticket, she put me on hold for a minute, when she came back on she stated since the lockout has just ended and the sunday ticket hasn't been billed yet there were no discounts they could offer, she told me to call back once the first payment was on my bill and they may have some discounts at that time....

what a load of sh*t, I will be calling back at the beginning of August, I will get the Sunday Ticket for a discounted price or I will cancel dtv altogether... never again will I pay full price for the ticket

Arobmic
07-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Have appreciated everyone's posts here, as it has helped me with my negotiations.

I moved to a new house one year ago. Had DTV at the old house for 3 years, but when I moved, I was considering ATT UVERSE. I told them that, and as part of the bargaining, I got them to give me a bunch of free stuff and Sunday Ticket for $99.

This year, they were going to charge me the full fee. I got them to take off a total of $240, (150 of it in the first 6 months, the rest of it over the next two years).

But, this process involved two phone calls and three different agents before I finally got the deal. The first phone call, the guy only gave me $120 off. I said no. The second phone call later in the day, she said she could only give me $60 off. But as I haggled a bit, she transferred me to someone else, and they gave me the deal I now have. Took a total of an hour on the phone with them.

Hope this is helpful for others.

maher_tyler
07-27-2011, 11:07 PM
I'll have to try some of these ideas. I just know that i'm not paying the full price when new customers get the **** for free.

theAPAOps5
07-28-2011, 02:46 AM
I got mine yesterday. I waited to pay my bill until the last minute and then called and flat out said I am calling to pay, cancel, and get an address to send my crap equipment back.

Ended up getting a second HD DVR and Sunday ticket for damn near free. Got $35 in credits for 6 months, got the deal split for 6 months and had my package reduced by $16 and then got an immediate credit for $120.

Worked great, very happy! Thanks for the tips guys.

Ray Finkle
07-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Called yesterday, I got $25 off for 6 months, Showtime free for 6 months and a free HD DVR....not bad.

cmhargrove
07-28-2011, 06:19 AM
FYI - in the spirit of this thread, I decided to pick up the phone and call my ISP (Cox Communications here in OK), and I started bitchinng about my bundle pricing. Within about two minutes, they knocked $20 per month off my bundle for the next year.

So, today I am going to call my credit card company if things slow down at work. Let's see if poppa can get a new interest rate...

KS Bronco
07-28-2011, 09:11 AM
just called, got the ticket for $34 per month. the "price" online says $67 per month, but she said its $54 per month. she gave me $10 off for early bird special and $10 off for loyalty (5th year with them). im happy with the deal, about what i paid last year. much cheaper than going to the bars!!

cartel
07-28-2011, 09:24 AM
I've had dtv w/ the Sunday Ticket for 15 years, I just called and spoke w/ customer service rep Ashley, told her I wanted to cancel the ticket, she put me on hold for a minute, when she came back on she stated since the lockout has just ended and the sunday ticket hasn't been billed yet there were no discounts they could offer, she told me to call back once the first payment was on my bill and they may have some discounts at that time....

what a load of sh*t, I will be calling back at the beginning of August, I will get the Sunday Ticket for a discounted price or I will cancel dtv altogether... never again will I pay full price for the ticket

they told me the same thing on monday but knocked off the $10 for HD which I should've had a while ago for 24 mo. anyways, called back tuesday and was sent to the sunday ticket cancellation dept. and haggled my way to $20 off for 6 months plus an instant $50 credit to my account. i took it since my contract ends next year and if they called my bluff on the sunday ticket, i would've folded. i came out pretty good, never going to pay more than i did the year before.

illbroncsfn
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Just called and got the same deal I got last year. (ie; $29.99 for 6 months for a total of $180).

She was really nice and understood I shouldn't be paying more for the same thing I've been getting for 16 years.

Best deal? Maybe not, but I couldn't live w/myself had I paid full price.

I may call back next week and complain it's still too steep. I mean, hell, it can't hurt.

Just called- same deal- 20 off for 12 months- w/an additional 5 off for 6 months. No haggling- took 6 minutes. Ticket will cost $29/month additional for 6 months....

Maximus
07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I didn't see this thread but I saw commercials. So, I called up talked to them about the commercials, told them I have been a Dtv subscriber for 15 years (This goes back to the times when DTV was all sports and USSB handled Movies only) and they handed over the discount in total $160.00

slatimer
07-29-2011, 02:12 PM
got it the same as last year 180 plus free HD for 6 months...Took about 3 minutes. No haggling as I have had it for over 10 years.

phisig150
08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Called. First guy offered $280 over 6 months, transfered over to cancellation dept got it for 180 over 6 months and free hd. same deal i've gotten last 3 years. happy but should of held out for a Broncos remote or something. 5 mins total.

yerner
08-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I just called to cancel and they instantly gave me 20 bucks off for the duration of Sunday Ticket plus an additional 20 bucks off the first three months. Not bad for a 8 minute phone call.

It is ridiculous the way it keep increasing in price every year. Kind of a bummer really.

maher_tyler
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
FINALLY!! He didn't directly discount the ticket but gave me free HD for 2 years = -$10 from bill, $5 discount for 3 months = -$5...can't remember everything else but my bill will go from $94 to $108...basically getting the Ticket for $14/ month and when the Ticket is done with, the free HD will continue so my bill will drop down to $84...F'n A Cotten!!

i4jelway7
08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
well I just called again, said I wanted to cancel the ticket, rep offered me $20 off for 6 months which basically made the Sunday Ticket $203 (which is a good deal) ... I was holding out for a better deal so I told her to go ahead & cancel it hoping she would counter she didn't... she canceled it --- end of call. Now I'm stuck either paying full price or calling back & asking for the deal I was originally offered... what do you guys think I should do?

LetsGoBroncos
08-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I called the other day and got Sunday ticket for free, and $20 off my bill for a year. The key is to call the person by their first name, ask them where they are from, and make the conversation personal. Tell them you are going through hard times and you are looking at cutting costs and going to cable would help you, but the only thing keeping you is Sunday ticket for a really good price. You eventually need to get to the retention department to get the best deal

maher_tyler
08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I called the other day and got Sunday ticket for free, and $20 off my bill for a year. The key is to call the person by their first name, ask them where they are from, and make the conversation personal. Tell them you are going through hard times and you are looking at cutting costs and going to cable would help you, but the only thing keeping you is Sunday ticket for a really good price. You eventually need to get to the retention department to get the best deal

This. If you're an asshole and yelling at them, you're not going to get jack. Be patient...i just happened to talk to the right guy at the right time. I knew i was golden when he started off the convo by stating that i'm a high valued customer. All i really said is that it's kinda messed up that new customers get it free while there isn't anything for current customers. Like i said before, or at least this is what the guy said, they can't discount the Ticket, but can discount other things on your account like your HD channels etc.

sportfantic
08-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah you can call in multiple times until you get the best deal. That is what I have read on other forums. I called in the first time a couple weeks ago and got a credit for 50% of Sunday ticket. I think others have called in more then once and gotten two credits, so they do get it for free.

i4jelway7
08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
well I called back today and asked if I could still get the offer they offered yesterday, CS rep said yeah so I got the sunday ticket for $203.94 which is $33.99/a month for 6 months instead of the $53.99 for 6 months.. I got a better deal last year but I"ll take it

JCMElway
08-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks to ChrisToker and everyone else for their tips in this thread. I made myself very affable and personal, telling the female rep that I needed her to save my marriage, because if I spent over $220 on the Sunday Ticket that my new wife would leave me. (Which is not far from the truth.) I ended up getting the package for $160!

Vladimir
08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
New directv customer here and will be enjoying sunday ticket for the first time ever. Thanks you guys really appreciate this post!

Quoydogs
08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Were are moving so they have a deal if you transfer service to your new house you get free ticket with all the adds + showtime and starz for setting up a date. I'll take it. Have any of you tried the phone app for the redzone channel.

Ray Finkle
08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Another tip, don't call during the day, call between 8-9 and be polite....that's what the rep that I spoke to told me (which is why she gave me the HDVR for free).

BroncosSR
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I just called to get a discount on my DirecTv ST. I only have DTV for football season. I have the lowest package necessary so that I can get ST. I work for Comcast so I get my cable/tv/internet for free. So call them up and ask for a $20 credit per month for ST and they say no.

So I said to the rep, I pay $800+/year for DTV with ST. I can now get it for $339 through PS3.

Him: "I can only offer you $5 off a month for 4 months"

tnedator
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I just called to get a discount on my DirecTv ST. I only have DTV for football season. I have the lowest package necessary so that I can get ST. I work for Comcast so I get my cable/tv/internet for free. So call them up and ask for a $20 credit per month for ST and they say no.

So I said to the rep, I pay $800+/year for DTV with ST. I can now get it for $339 through PS3.

Any discounts they give are based on how long you have been with them, and how much you spend a month. Still, I'm surprised that's all they would go.

Smilin Assassin
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Call back. Try a different rep.

Can't hurt.