PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Pool - who 'ya want?

cmhargrove
07-11-2011, 08:06 PM
OK Men, here is a list of the "top 50" free agents. Whom would you like to see us pursue in a fast and furious week of free agency before training camps? (Given their new estimated schedules - if pending labor deal passes).

Player(5) 2010 Team Position Age Status
1. Nnamdi Asomugha CB 30 U
2. Carl Nicks G 26 R
3. Johnathan Joseph CB 27 (5)
4. Santonio Holmes WR 27 (5)
5. Sidney Rice WR 25 (4)
6. DeAngelo Williams RB 27 (5)
7. Ray Edwards DE 26 (5)
8. Stephen Tulloch LB 26 (5)
9. Brandon Mebane DT 25 (4)
10. Davin Joseph G 27 (5)
11. Doug Free OT 27 (5)
12. Ahmad Bradshaw RB 25 (4)
13. Charles Johnson DE 26 (4)
14. Jared Gaither OT 25 (4)
15. Zach Miller TE 25 (4)
16. Barry Cofield DT 27 (5)
17. Paul Posluszny LB 26 (4)
18. Antonio Cromartie CB 27 (5)
19. Steve Smith WR 25 (4)
20. Brandon Carr CB 25 R
21. Eric Weddle S 26 (4)
22. Brent Grimes CB 28 (4)
23. Braylon Edwards WR 28 U
24. Harvey Dahl G 30 (4)
25. Quintin Mikell S 27 (5)
26. Cliff Avril DE 25 (4)
27. Willie Colon OT 30 U
28. Ike Taylor CB 31 U
29. Joseph Addai RB 28 (5)
30. Dawan Landry S 28 (5)
31. Michael Bush RB 26 R
32. Aubrayo Franklin DT 31 U
33. Cullen Jenkins DE 30 U
34. Jammal Brown OT 30 U
35. James Anderson LB 28 U
36. Tyson Clabo OT 30 U
37. Plaxico Burress WR 34 U
38. Darren Sproles RB 28 (5)
39. Mathias Kiwanuka DE 28 (5)
40. Carlos Rodgers CB 29 U
41. Justin Babin DE 30 U
42. Cedric Benson RB 28 U
43. Barrett Ruud LB 28 U
44. Santana Moss WR 32 U
45. Michael Huff S 28 U
46. Chris Carr CB 27 U
47. Matt Light OT 33 U
48. Malcom Floyd WR 29 (5)
49. BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB 26 R
50. Matt Hasselbeck QB 36 U

Other notable Free Agents:
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Eric Wright
Dashon Goldson
Marc Bulger
Lance Moore
Jacoby Jones
Shaun Ellis
Mike Sims-Walker
James Jones
Ronnie Brown
Mike Tolbert
Manny Lawson
Kevin Burnett

Los Broncos
07-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Bush RB

broncocalijohn
07-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Ones that say DT after their name. I wouldnt mind seeing Bush as a back. We have no idea if White will ever be what he was before his major injury and Moreno is a big question mark. Fox might want to see Williams in here though.

gunns
07-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I'll take a number 1, 8, 9, 13, 15, 32, 43, 48, and 49, whether we need them or not.

oubronco
07-11-2011, 08:29 PM
OK Men, here is a list of the "top 50" free agents. Whom would you like to see us pursue in a fast and furious week of free agency before training camps? (Given their new estimated schedules - if pending labor deal passes).

2. Carl Nicks G 26 R
5. Sidney Rice WR 25 (4)
7. Ray Edwards DE 26 (5)
11. Doug Free OT 27 (5)
20. Brandon Carr CB 25 R
21. Eric Weddle S 26 (4)
24. Harvey Dahl G 30 (4)
27. Willie Colon OT 30 U
28. Ike Taylor CB 31 U
31. Michael Bush RB 26 R
34. Jammal Brown OT 30 U
36. Tyson Clabo OT 30 U
41. Justin Babin DE 30 U
43. Barrett Ruud LB 28 U
44. Santana Moss WR 32 U
45. Michael Huff S 28 U
46. Chris Carr CB 27 U
47. Matt Light OT 33 U

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Eric Wright
Dashon Goldson
Marc Bulger
Lance Moore
Jacoby Jones
Shaun Ellis
Mike Sims-Walker
James Jones
Ronnie Brown
Mike Tolbert
Manny Lawson
Kevin Burnett

;D

SoCalBronco
07-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I wish we would have drafted some ****ing DT's so we won't have to overpay in FA because we're so desperate for anything.

cutthemdown
07-11-2011, 09:13 PM
If Bush is restricted the raiders tendered him I believe at the 1 and 3rd round level so I doubt he is leaving, Zach Miller same thing. I want to wash my mouth out with soap for saying it, but maybe Broncos should try and get Haynesworth. In a 4-3, with outside rushers like Doom and hopefully Miller we could make a splash with a player like Fat Albert. It's a huge risk but Broncos cant afford to play it safe, they need something at DT bad.

TheReverend
07-11-2011, 09:50 PM

2. Carl Nicks G 26 R
5. Sidney Rice WR 25 (4)
7. Ray Edwards DE 26 (5)
11. Doug Free OT 27 (5)
20. Brandon Carr CB 25 R
21. Eric Weddle S 26 (4)
24. Harvey Dahl G 30 (4)
27. Willie Colon OT 30 U
28. Ike Taylor CB 31 U
31. Michael Bush RB 26 R
34. Jammal Brown OT 30 U
36. Tyson Clabo OT 30 U
41. Justin Babin DE 30 U
43. Barrett Ruud LB 28 U
44. Santana Moss WR 32 U
45. Michael Huff S 28 U
46. Chris Carr CB 27 U
47. Matt Light OT 33 U

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Eric Wright
Dashon Goldson
Marc Bulger
Lance Moore
Jacoby Jones
Shaun Ellis
Mike Sims-Walker
James Jones
Ronnie Brown
Mike Tolbert
Manny Lawson
Kevin Burnett

That's a lot of dimp, but sure would be swell if we landed half of the highlighted names

HAT
07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I wish we would have drafted some ****ing DT's so we won't have to overpay in FA because we're so desperate for anything.

You didn't like this years draft?

That One Guy
07-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Rev's damn near ready to take the whole list in.

I remember a time when we were hoping the 9ers didn't tender Franklin. No real help for us now.

Surprising that Pos isn't being kept around by Buff. I thought I heard some good things about him over the last few years.

Carr is a heck of a returner. I'd like to see someone that's actually good back there returning so we don't have to play the devil-on-the-shoulder game of do we risk our talent on returns or just continue to pull someone from the stands for the job.

Who the heck knows what to think of Huff but hopefully our Safeties can finally do something so, while tempting, I pass based on hope and the negative things I've heard overall.

The only one I'd say we absolutely must surprise buttsex would be Mebane. Jenkins would be intriguing but I feel like to take any more talent on at DE, we'd have to start cutting either respectable talent or potential.

SoCalBronco
07-11-2011, 10:56 PM

They did some good things, but they still ignored the No. 1 need. I'm getting tired of the "well there wasn't anyone we liked and we weren't going to reach" nonsense. This excuse was used the last few years, too. I find it hard to believe that there's no one we were willing to pull the trigger on for several years in a row. Yes, at some point, you MUST reach. You'll never get the perfect situation. It is the job of the staff to coach the kids up and minimize their flaws. Otherwise, what is Bowlen paying these men for (well...on second thought, the idea of Bowlen getting taken to the cleaners by anyone, including his coaches, does make me smile a little)?

Look...we're now in a position where we are going to HAVE TO overpay in FA. If they want Mebane and that's what the major speculation is, they are going to have to give up the moon because 1) we have nothing at the position so we're desperate and have no leverage and 2) any quality FA is not going to choose Denver over a better organization, that's less ****ed up if everything else is roughly equal. We're behind the 8 ball and its caused by stupidity....as usual.

Los Broncos
07-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Didn't a DT kill Bowlen's family?

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Mebane, Jenkins, Charles Johnson, Franklin, Cofield, Posluzny, Kiwanuka and Michael Bush

i like Deangelo Williams but I don't think there is enough tread left on the tires to give him a big contract, because of that I don't want him in Denver. give me Michael Bush who I wanted coming out of the draft.

Charles Johnson would be a nice DL acquisition, he can play the DE and give us a solid run stopper on the End as opposed to the weak link of Dumervil(i love Elvis, but he is a pass rusher and not a run stopper) and he can also play some inside as well.

I really really really want Mebane. talent and youth. one of few free agents I would be very interested in seeing get a big deal from the team.

I like Kiwanuka, because i will gladly take anyone who played on the Giants DL.

basically if the player plays on the DL, I am interested.

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:24 AM
If Bush is restricted the raiders tendered him I believe at the 1 and 3rd round level so I doubt he is leaving, Zach Miller same thing. I want to wash my mouth out with soap for saying it, but maybe Broncos should try and get Haynesworth. In a 4-3, with outside rushers like Doom and hopefully Miller we could make a splash with a player like Fat Albert. It's a huge risk but Broncos cant afford to play it safe, they need something at DT bad.

i have been a guy wanting us to go for Haynesworth. his 100 million dollar deal is not as bad as it seems, especially when you consider it only has 44 million guaranteed about 33 of which has already been paid by Snyder; and he is only a cap hit of like 6 million each of the next 2 years at which point he can be dumped with no further money owed.

when he is happy and in a 4-3 he is a straight up beast. put him in the defense he wants to play in, and for a player friendly coach like Fox and we could really get something good in Haynesworth. add in he will be motivated to show he is not washed up.

give this team Haynesworth in a trade and a FA guy like Mebane in the middle of the line with Doom rushing from one end, Ayers on the other and Miller coming from the SLB spot and this defense goes from being a sieve to a scary defense in a single offseason

ICON
07-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Brandon Mebane (DT) - Seattle
Barry Coefield (DT) - NY Giant
Tyson Clabo (RT) -Falcons

Other players I would like to see in a Broncos uniform include (no specific order):

Remi Ayodele (DT) - New Orleans
Stephan Tulloch (MLB) - Titans

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Brandon Mebane (DT) - Seattle
Barry Coefield (DT) - NY Giant
Tyson Clabo (RT) -Falcons

Other players I would like to see in a Broncos uniform include (no specific order):

Remi Ayodele (DT) - New Orleans
Stephan Tulloch (MLB) - Titans

i can never read anything you post because my eyes are instantly directed towards the amazing ass in your avatar.

That One Guy
07-12-2011, 12:44 AM
i have been a guy wanting us to go for Haynesworth. his 100 million dollar deal is not as bad as it seems, especially when you consider it only has 44 million guaranteed about 33 of which has already been paid by Snyder; and he is only a cap hit of like 6 million each of the next 2 years at which point he can be dumped with no further money owed.

when he is happy and in a 4-3 he is a straight up beast. put him in the defense he wants to play in, and for a player friendly coach like Fox and we could really get something good in Haynesworth. add in he will be motivated to show he is not washed up.

give this team Haynesworth in a trade and a FA guy like Mebane in the middle of the line with Doom rushing from one end, Ayers on the other and Miller coming from the SLB spot and this defense goes from being a sieve to a scary defense in a single offseason

There were years when Haynesworth was in a 4-3 when he didn't dominate. The two years he was very good were both contract years, essentially. There's absolutely no way to know how to treat him in that regard. Did he get sloppy because he got his contract or because he went 3-4? Too much risk, too little reward.

cutthemdown
07-12-2011, 12:53 AM
The fact is if Broncos want something at DT the are going to have to take some risk. They decided to add a ton of safety depth which i like, but i sort of wanted just one of those top safety's. They also added a lot at LB and seem to still love DJ so I would say they thing left is to take some chances at DT. For some reason I think Haynesworth plays in Denver. Just a hunch but Elway and Shanny have a good relationship, we need a DT, they want to get something for him, he wants a 4-3 and probably a defensive minded coach, it could work. Mebane would be great also but could be harder to acquire.

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:55 AM
There were years when Haynesworth was in a 4-3 when he didn't dominate. The two years he was very good were both contract years, essentially. There's absolutely no way to know how to treat him in that regard. Did he get sloppy because he got his contract or because he went 3-4? Too much risk, too little reward.

too much risk? at worst if he does not perform the team is out something like 12 million over the next 2 years. just about any of the top FA DT in this class are going to run this team about 10 million a season to sign here with no guarantee that they don't just get paid and turn into our new version of Daryl Gardener.
too little reward? if we get the guy and he is motivated to play, he is easily a top 5 DT in the league. i would gladly risk 12 million over 2 years for a top 5 DT.

Even in the years he wasn't dominant, it wasn't like he was a pile of suck on the field. even as the sloppy sucky version of himself from last season, he would have been better than anyone else we had, and currently we have even less than last season.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Barrett Ruud would be worth a pick up even with our 3rd round draft pick.

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 01:15 AM
The fact is if Broncos want something at DT the are going to have to take some risk. They decided to add a ton of safety depth which i like, but i sort of wanted just one of those top safety's. They also added a lot at LB and seem to still love DJ so I would say they thing left is to take some chances at DT. For some reason I think Haynesworth plays in Denver. Just a hunch but Elway and Shanny have a good relationship, we need a DT, they want to get something for him, he wants a 4-3 and probably a defensive minded coach, it could work. Mebane would be great also but could be harder to acquire.

does the team really love DJ or is his cap hit too much to let him go? i think it is something like a cap hit of about 7 million this year and about 8 million next year.

i mean this team drafted 3 LBs in this draft. Irving can play MIKE and WILL, Mohamed can play MIKE and WILL, Woodyard plays WILL, Kelley can play WILL and MIKE

as much as the LB position was addressed it plainly said, this group sucked last year and needed improvement and none of them deserves to be outright given a job in 2011.

Shananahan
07-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Barrett Ruud would be worth a pick up even with our 3rd round draft pick.
You're a Husker fan though, right?

Tulloch would be a much better LB acquisition, in my opinion.

That One Guy
07-12-2011, 01:20 AM
too much risk? at worst if he does not perform the team is out something like 12 million over the next 2 years. just about any of the top FA DT in this class are going to run this team about 10 million a season to sign here with no guarantee that they don't just get paid and turn into our new version of Daryl Gardener.
too little reward? if we get the guy and he is motivated to play, he is easily a top 5 DT in the league. i would gladly risk 12 million over 2 years for a top 5 DT.

Even in the years he wasn't dominant, it wasn't like he was a pile of suck on the field. even as the sloppy sucky version of himself from last season, he would have been better than anyone else we had, and currently we have even less than last season.

Yeah, I got lazy and didn't explain. The risk comes with the bad publicity, headaches, etc. The guy goes from stomping faces to being an angel for two years to fighting with coaches and being too fat... The money wouldn't be bad at all but you'd HAVE to gamble that he's been humbled.

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I got lazy and didn't explain. The risk comes with the bad publicity, headaches, etc. The guy goes from stomping faces to being an angel for two years to fighting with coaches and being too fat... The money wouldn't be bad at all but you'd HAVE to gamble that he's been humbled.

honestly, this team could use a guy with some attitude who will stomp an opponents face into the turf. i know generally everyone wants the nice guys on the team who a awesome players, but in reality every team needs a couple of dicks. you need a guy willing to do the nasty work, an intimidator. this team has been missing a guy like that since Romo was let go. Haynesworth would fill that gap, and the way this team is set up I think it would be a good gamble to take.

as bad as this team is, it is going to take some big gambles to right the ship

i really don't care about bad PR, attitude problems or anything like that if he can perform.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 01:48 AM
You're a Husker fan though, right?

Tulloch would be a much better LB acquisition, in my opinion.

Yeah I am and he will cost more and he had one season with more tackles then Ruud. Tulloch has one season of playing 16 games and that was last year. Ruud has the last three years. Ruud has 4 years in a row with over 100 tackles Tulloch has two. Ruud has more INT's as well.

serious hops
07-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Mebane, and either Le'ron McClain or Mike Tolbert. And we'll need at least one more DT, and hopefully a veteran OT to compete with or back up Franklin-- assuming that Harris leaves, which seems likely. But I don't know that those players will be coming from the top-50 list. We presumably need a vet QB at some point after we trade Orton as well-- I pray that they can't possibly consider Quinn a "mentor" to Tim. And we should look over the UDFA running back group very carefully, with a particular eye toward finding a change-of-pace back with legitimate speed.

I have to admit, I'm also still really ****in' bitter that we somehow managed to completely dodge DT yet again, even in a loaded class. I absolutely expect it to bite us in the ass for years to come-- starting this year if we don't land an impact guy in a free agent group that really only has a few at the position.

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Mebane, and either Le'ron McClain or Mike Tolbert. And we'll need at least one more DT, and hopefully a veteran OT to compete with or back up Franklin-- assuming that Harris leaves, which seems likely. But I don't know that those players will be coming from the top-50 list. We presumably need a vet QB at some point after we trade Orton as well-- I pray that they can't possibly consider Quinn a "mentor" to Tim. And we should look over the UDFA running back group very carefully, with a particular eye toward finding a change-of-pace back with legitimate speed.

I have to admit, I'm also still really ****in' bitter that we somehow managed to completely dodge DT yet again, even in a loaded class. I absolutely expect it to bite us in the ass for years to come-- starting this year if we don't land an impact guy in a free agent group that really only has a few at the position.

i am betting on Delhomme coming in and being somewhat of a mentor to Tim. not so much on the play style, but on helping him with Fox and McCoy's offense, and being a vet that he can work with and discuss NFL expectancies without the animosity that lives between Tim and Kyle, because Kyle feels and is right that he is a capable starter in this league. Delhomme knows he is no longer a viable option to start, but is a backup and mentor now.

Rabb
07-12-2011, 06:23 AM

or you can look at it as, even had we drafted some DT(s) we would STILL have to overpay someone to plug a gap

we were that bad last year, my friend

s0phr0syne
07-12-2011, 06:35 AM

Dashon Goldson
James Jones
Mike Tolbert
Jerious Norwood

First off, thanks for making this thread! With the last week of optimism coming out of the labor talks, I had been thinking about this very topic and trying to figure out who all is out there and would be available for us.

I kind of agree with the people who think it would be worth the risk of trying to acquire Haynesworth, but his recent legal issues really are a turn off. Same thing with Jenkins, who would be a 3-tech, UT here (not DE).

As far as RB goes, I think the pick of the litter is DeAngelo Williams and for obvious reasons makes the most sense. However, he's going to be top dollar, and I think it might be better to diversify that money at a position known for such high attrition. I'd say it's safer to go with 2 out of 3 between Tolbert, Bradshaw, and Norwood.

I'm not sure what the market for James Jones will be, but if he's not costing top tier WR money, GET HIM! He's got WR1 skills and athleticism, and is being unfairly devalued for his playoff miscues with some important drops. He'd be a great WR2 on this team, and provide depth. Allow Royal to focus more on ST and select WR duties. I don't know when/if Lloyd is going to return to earth. Gaffney is a player I like a lot, but he's kind of a Patriot type receiver...they don't tend to be half as productive outside of that system.

cmhargrove
07-12-2011, 07:00 AM
does the team really love DJ or is his cap hit too much to let him go? i think it is something like a cap hit of about 7 million this year and about 8 million next year.

i mean this team drafted 3 LBs in this draft. Irving can play MIKE and WILL, Mohamed can play MIKE and WILL, Woodyard plays WILL, Kelley can play WILL and MIKE

as much as the LB position was addressed it plainly said, this group sucked last year and needed improvement and none of them deserves to be outright given a job in 2011.

The only reason to let DJ go is to have a better player waiting in the wings, not just another player. We (some decently educated internet football junkies), have been screaming for years to move DJ back to his natural position, where he looked like he might be an all-pro. Now, we finally get our chance.

Irving needs to be our MLB (or at least compete for it), and I don't even see why people think Mohamed will ever start in the NFL. I have only watched game film, but that pick still dumbfounds me. I see him as a special teamer for a few years, bounce to another team, then out of the league (what do I know).

I love Woodyard, but he has had several chances to unseat the starters and never has. He can fill in for extended periods, but he just isn't a championship-caliber starting LB.

If we were making hard decisions, it would have been more productive to trade Dumervil, then let Von have his spot. However, we have been promised that Von will be a "new breed" of LB at his SAM spot. It it works, it will be awesome genius, if not, we have the most expensive SAM rookie in the league.

Gcver2ver3
07-12-2011, 07:46 AM
deangelo williams...

and the the 3 best remaining DTs...

alkemical
07-12-2011, 07:49 AM
My only concern with Paul Pos is his injuries/long term investment.

CEH
07-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I want Charles Johnson. 24 years old and coming off 11.5 sacks. Getting off the field on 3rd down is so so critical. Given that the FO did not jump on DTs just to fill a need I suspect they may bargian shop for DTs this year and spend money on the positions that require you to spend money like another pass rusher.

What was Membane a 3rd round pick. Cofield mid round pick. I suspect Fox knows a little about DT talent so please don't overspend just to fill a need. This team has way too many needs to overspend espeically on DTs

Beantown Bronco
07-12-2011, 08:08 AM
I suspect Fox knows a little about DT talent so please don't overspend just to fill a need. This team has way too many needs to overspend espeically on DTs

We have one.....count that one......defensive tackle on our roster with any kind of real NFL experience. And he'd start for MAYBE 1/4 of the teams in the league. That means we need at least three FA DTs that can step right in and be at least league average if we want any semblance of a real defense at this point. And that's if we stay 100% healthy at the position. Just imagine if one goes down at any point. We literally have nobody that you can throw in there right now and have any confidence in whatsoever. THIS is where the lockout is really going to hurt that side.

CEH
07-12-2011, 08:32 AM
We have one.....count that one......defensive tackle on our roster with any kind of real NFL experience. And he'd start for MAYBE 1/4 of the teams in the league. That means we need at least three FA DTs that can step right in and be at least league average if we want any semblance of a real defense at this point. And that's if we stay 100% healthy at the position. Just imagine if one goes down at any point. We literally have nobody that you can throw in there right now and have any confidence in whatsoever. THIS is where the lockout is really going to hurt that side.

I think we will resign J Will and or Bannan, trade a late round pick for a young rotational DT and sign two mid range DTs in FA and 1 or 2 UDFA. We will go to camp with about 5-7 DTs. I just don't think any will be Membane, Cofield or Jenkins. Marcus Thomas I believe will probably leave in FA though I'd like to resign him

DarkHorse
07-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Brandon Mebane - thanks

s0phr0syne
07-12-2011, 08:59 AM
T
If we were making hard decisions, it would have been more productive to trade Dumervil, then let Von have his spot. However, we have been promised that Von will be a "new breed" of LB at his SAM spot. It it works, it will be awesome genius, if not, we have the most expensive SAM rookie in the league.

Agree about Doom. I love the player, but the contract he was given last year was for a full time starter. I just don't see him being that in our transition back to a 4-3. Texans are going to have the same issue with Super Mario...you can try to make that guy an OLB, but I just don't see it happening. Maybe it's fan pipe dreams, but that's a swap that really would have made sense.

As for Von Miller, the only reason I wanted that pick was due to the success of Orakpo his rookie year. I was baffled when the Redskins picked Orakpo to play in their 4-3, and even more so when he was put on the field at SAM, but the way he performed in that role is what convinced me that Von Miller was the right pick for the Broncos this year. I hope that's how it ends up playing out.

Smiling Assassin27
07-12-2011, 09:09 AM

2. Carl Nicks G 26 R
5. Sidney Rice WR 25 (4)
7. Ray Edwards DE 26 (5)
11. Doug Free OT 27 (5)
20. Brandon Carr CB 25 R
21. Eric Weddle S 26 (4)
24. Harvey Dahl G 30 (4)
27. Willie Colon OT 30 U
28. Ike Taylor CB 31 U
31. Michael Bush RB 26 R
34. Jammal Brown OT 30 U
36. Tyson Clabo OT 30 U
41. Justin Babin DE 30 U
43. Barrett Ruud LB 28 U
44. Santana Moss WR 32 U
45. Michael Huff S 28 U
46. Chris Carr CB 27 U
47. Matt Light OT 33 U

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Eric Wright
Dashon Goldson
Marc Bulger
Lance Moore
Jacoby Jones
Shaun Ellis
Mike Sims-Walker
James Jones
Ronnie Brown
Mike TolbertManny Lawson
Kevin Burnett

That's my wish list.

Chris
07-12-2011, 09:57 AM
i can never read anything you post because my eyes are instantly directed towards the amazing ass in your avatar.

That's funny i was just thinking about the same thing with your avatar.

TheReverend
07-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Rev's damn near ready to take the whole list in.

I remember a time when we were hoping the 9ers didn't tender Franklin. No real help for us now.

Surprising that Pos isn't being kept around by Buff. I thought I heard some good things about him over the last few years.

Carr is a heck of a returner. I'd like to see someone that's actually good back there returning so we don't have to play the devil-on-the-shoulder game of do we risk our talent on returns or just continue to pull someone from the stands for the job.

Who the heck knows what to think of Huff but hopefully our Safeties can finally do something so, while tempting, I pass based on hope and the negative things I've heard overall.

The only one I'd say we absolutely must surprise buttsex would be Mebane. Jenkins would be intriguing but I feel like to take any more talent on at DE, we'd have to start cutting either respectable talent or potential.

We need a talent infusion all over. DT is pretty obvious but we need:

at least another starting ability corner,
1-2 defensive ends,
an OT and a vet interior lineman,
a TE, a real FB,
and as Fox said, another RB is the #1 priority.

7-9 more players that aren't on the roster currently and that's not even counting the DT spot, imo.

bronco militia
07-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Bush please

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.10/spotlight/nerds/images/booger/booger5.jpg

Mediator12
07-12-2011, 10:51 AM

1-2 defensive ends,
a TE, a real FB,

7-9 more players that aren't on the roster currently and that's not even counting the DT spot, imo.

Totally agree. Good thing is RB might be the deepest position in the NFL ever. I really think TE is going to be a huge NEED for Fox's offense and hopefully Quinn Will be the Blocking TE DEN needs going forward.

I really like Barry Cofield and Mebane to play 4-3 NT spots in this defense too. Both have played very well the last few years and could be the key cog to the interior run defense that has been absent the last 5 years or so. I think there are at least three quality second tier CB's available too. Carr, Grimes, and Rodgers are all solid with Carr and Grimes having really solid Zone skills. Rodgers is much better Man, but could be a good Cover three CB too IMHO.

Gcver2ver3
07-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Bush please

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.10/spotlight/nerds/images/booger/booger5.jpg

lol................

SonOfLe-loLang
07-12-2011, 11:04 AM
i am betting on Delhomme coming in and being somewhat of a mentor to Tim. not so much on the play style, but on helping him with Fox and McCoy's offense, and being a vet that he can work with and discuss NFL expectancies without the animosity that lives between Tim and Kyle, because Kyle feels and is right that he is a capable starter in this league. Delhomme knows he is no longer a viable option to start, but is a backup and mentor now.

Tim just played in McCoy's system. he can mentor Delhomme!

TheReverend
07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Totally agree. Good thing is RB might be the deepest position in the NFL ever. I really think TE is going to be a huge NEED for Fox's offense and hopefully Quinn Will be the Blocking TE DEN needs going forward.

I really like Barry Cofield and Mebane to play 4-3 NT spots in this defense too. Both have played very well the last few years and could be the key cog to the interior run defense that has been absent the last 5 years or so. I think there are at least three quality second tier CB's available too. Carr, Grimes, and Rodgers are all solid with Carr and Grimes having really solid Zone skills. Rodgers is much better Man, but could be a good Cover three CB too IMHO.

I prefer Cofield to Mebane. While both are still young (even in DT dog years lol) I feel like Mebane is more diverse from 4-0, but Cofield is just much better playing the role he'll be asked to play. Or at least I assume that will be his role after Vickerson weighed in at an anemic 285

Agree with your CB assessment. I really want to inject some talented youth to the position. Naturally Joseph would be a massive coup and a perfect compliment at RCB, but it's not going to happen. Similarly, I don't think Grimes leaves Atlanta... he's just gotten too good. I think Rodgers is the best shot of becoming available at a respectable price.

zdoor
07-12-2011, 11:34 AM

1-2 defensive ends,
a TE, a real FB,

RB but I'm not sure we throw huge cash at Williams. Agree about corner, especially considering Cox situation. I think they'll let TE ride with what we drafted and have on the roster. I think Virgil Green will surprise people. A real FB, my choice would be Vontae Leach. McLain would make me happy also. Resigning Marcus Thomas and adding Mebane or Cofield plus maybe someone in the Alan Branch tier. A DE would be nice but I don't see us throwing big money there either. Likely more a stop gap level guy...

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:08 PM
The only reason to let DJ go is to have a better player waiting in the wings, not just another player. We (some decently educated internet football junkies), have been screaming for years to move DJ back to his natural position, where he looked like he might be an all-pro. Now, we finally get our chance.

Irving needs to be our MLB (or at least compete for it), and I don't even see why people think Mohamed will ever start in the NFL. I have only watched game film, but that pick still dumbfounds me. I see him as a special teamer for a few years, bounce to another team, then out of the league (what do I know).

I love Woodyard, but he has had several chances to unseat the starters and never has. He can fill in for extended periods, but he just isn't a championship-caliber starting LB.

i agree, moving DJ back to his natural spot is best for him and the team. i was just also playing Devil's advocate in a way, by also pointing out with as many LBs as were drafted and with a few already on the team who can play the WILL, perhaps DJ's standing on the team is not as secure as a lot of us think.

i agree Mohamed is more than likely nothing more than a ST player.

and i honestly think Woodyard is a better all around LB than DJ, instinctually.

the problem with Woodyard is the lack of size. if he were naturally 20lbs heavier, he would have been a starting LB in Denver 2 years ago. he gets washed out of plays because he tends to be too light and easily moved.

Rabb
07-12-2011, 12:09 PM
sadly, we won't "fix" this team in one year...it will take another draft and another FA period to at least get back to something competitive I am afraid

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Tim just played in McCoy's system. he can mentor Delhomme!

he played in McDaniels system. and yes they have said the same offense will remain in place, but more than likely the team will start to adjust and move towards an offense that McCoy sets up himself. because of that, Delhomme would be a good mentor as he has worked with both Fox and McCoy in the past.

BroncoMan4ever
07-12-2011, 12:19 PM
deangelo williams...

and the the 3 best remaining DTs...

with Williams, how much tread is left on the tires. is he worth the multi year, several million a season contract he is going to want?

technically because of splitting reps with Stewart, he hasn't taken as big of a pounding as you would think of a 6 year vet, but he seems to have contant nagging injuries and has only played in 19 of the last 32 games Carolina has had.

i feel safer going after Michael Bush, plus i wanted the guy when he was coming out of college.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-12-2011, 12:41 PM
he played in McDaniels system. and yes they have said the same offense will remain in place, but more than likely the team will start to adjust and move towards an offense that McCoy sets up himself. because of that, Delhomme would be a good mentor as he has worked with both Fox and McCoy in the past.

I think its two diff offenses. I never really bought into the whole "QB mentor" thing anyway. I dont really know what the value of such a thing is anyway./ if tim will be starting, the offense will be geared to Tim's abilities.

TheChamp24
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Because that would've made sense SoCal.

That One Guy
07-12-2011, 01:00 PM
sadly, we won't "fix" this team in one year...it will take another draft and another FA period to at least get back to something competitive I am afraid

But with all the players becoming FAs based on a new CBA going back to 4 years (presuming it does), this would be the best opportunity ever to infuse talent. Whether talent or chemistry wins games is still to be debated somewhere else but the opportunity to infuse talent this offseason cannot be debated at all.

The problem becomes that as a whole slew of people become FAs, they'll need to be replaced so bidding wars could get silly.

zdoor
07-12-2011, 01:14 PM
with Williams, how much tread is left on the tires. is he worth the multi year, several million a season contract he is going to want?

technically because of splitting reps with Stewart, he hasn't taken as big of a pounding as you would think of a 6 year vet, but he seems to have contant nagging injuries and has only played in 19 of the last 32 games Carolina has had.

i feel safer going after Michael Bush, plus i wanted the guy when he was coming out of college.

Pretty sure Bush will be an RFA because of missing his first year due to injury.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 01:52 PM
They did some good things, but they still ignored the No. 1 need. I'm getting tired of the "well there wasn't anyone we liked and we weren't going to reach" nonsense. This excuse was used the last few years, too. I find it hard to believe that there's no one we were willing to pull the trigger on for several years in a row. Yes, at some point, you MUST reach. You'll never get the perfect situation. It is the job of the staff to coach the kids up and minimize their flaws. Otherwise, what is Bowlen paying these men for (well...on second thought, the idea of Bowlen getting taken to the cleaners by anyone, including his coaches, does make me smile a little)?

Look...we're now in a position where we are going to HAVE TO overpay in FA. If they want Mebane and that's what the major speculation is, they are going to have to give up the moon because 1) we have nothing at the position so we're desperate and have no leverage and 2) any quality FA is not going to choose Denver over a better organization, that's less ****ed up if everything else is roughly equal. We're behind the 8 ball and its caused by stupidity....as usual.

I wonder if they are going to bother signing any DT's in FA, I wouldn't be surprised if they are content to generate their pass rush from the outside and LB's and use the scrubs that mCd brought in at DT to get through this year.

I think it is more likely they pickup some RB help and hope to run the ball and control the clock.

If they passed on the best DT's in the draft class I doubt they go with a big FA signing. That said I would love to see them bring in at least one dude for the rotation especially with Thomas wanting to sign somewhere else.

Beantown Bronco
07-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I wonder if they are going to bother signing any DT's in FA, I wouldn't be surprised if they are content to generate their pass rush from the outside and LB's and use the scrubs that mCd brought in at DT to get through this year.

What scrubs? We don't even have scrubs. With the exception of Vickerson, we don't have a single DT under contract that has seen even one live NFL snap.

broncos-rock
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
No love for Joseph Addai?

Smiling Assassin27
07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
No love for Joseph Addai?

Hell, if you want an old, washed up Colt, let's go with Jeff George.

Smiling Assassin27
07-12-2011, 02:07 PM

I think it is more likely they pickup some RB help and hope to run the ball and control the clock.

If they passed on the best DT's in the draft class I doubt they go with a big FA signing. That said I would love to see them bring in at least one dude for the rotation especially with Thomas wanting to sign somewhere else.

If this is the case, our run defense will be ranked 33rd in a 32 team league and I'm gonna be pi$$ed.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ce9Jy08LU2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predator
07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Mebane, Cofield, Bush, and Tolbert. A combination of 2 of these players would make me very happy.

Dedhed
07-12-2011, 02:23 PM

He's just worried about whether we'll be able to re-sign DJ in 3 years (or whatever). He prefers overpaying for LBs.

eddie mac
07-12-2011, 02:26 PM
There aren't too many but I think Tyson Clabo is most likely the best player we've released in a long time for playing reasons. He really has improved since we cut him all those years ago.

eddie mac
07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought I read that Michael Bush is a restricted free agent regardless of the CBA ruling cos he only has 3 accredited seasons or something like that. The Falcons CB Grimes falls into the same category.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
I really wouldn't mind us trying Tommie Harris. I don't see what we have to lose lol. Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri should be brought in because our coaches know them and what they can do.

elsid13
07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Most likely 90% of the those guys are going to return their own teams, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

maher_tyler
07-12-2011, 04:08 PM

2. Carl Nicks G 26 R
5. Sidney Rice WR 25 (4)
6. DeAngelo Williams RB 27 (5)7. Ray Edwards DE 26 (5)
9. Brandon Mebane DT 25 (4)10. Davin Joseph G 27 (5)
11. Doug Free OT 27 (5)
15. Zach Miller TE 25 (4)16. Barry Cofield DT 27 (5)
20. Brandon Carr CB 25 R
21. Eric Weddle S 26 (4)
24. Harvey Dahl G 30 (4)
27. Willie Colon OT 30 U
28. Ike Taylor CB 31 U
31. Michael Bush RB 26 R
34. Jammal Brown OT 30 U
36. Tyson Clabo OT 30 U
41. Justin Babin DE 30 U
43. Barrett Ruud LB 28 U
44. Santana Moss WR 32 U
45. Michael Huff S 28 U
46. Chris Carr CB 27 U
47. Matt Light OT 33 U

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Eric Wright
Dashon Goldson
Marc Bulger
Lance Moore
Jacoby Jones
Shaun Ellis
Mike Sims-Walker
James Jones
Ronnie Brown
Mike Tolbert
Manny Lawson
Kevin Burnett

In bold.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I really wouldn't mind us trying Tommie Harris. I don't see what we have to lose lol. Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri should be brought in because our coaches know them and what they can do.

No you don't, he got hurt after getting a big payday and has never been the same plus he has a tag for taking plays off.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
What scrubs? We don't even have scrubs. With the exception of Vickerson, we don't have a single DT under contract that has seen even one live NFL snap.

I thought McBean was still on the roster, not that he would make that great a difference.

Maybe we do need at least 1 FA for depth.

One other option still out there is that there are still UDFA's out there that never had the shot to get signed. I wonder if we aren't more active in the UDFA market rather than spending all that dough on a vet.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 05:12 PM
No you don't, he got hurt after getting a big payday and has never been the same plus he has a tag for taking plays off.

Yes, I do. We have one DT on our roster. I'll take my chance with Fox getting Harris back on track.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes, I do. We have one DT on our roster. I'll take my chance with Fox getting Harris back on track.

Does Fox have a time machine so he can sign the 2007 Tommie Harris cause I would take the pre-injured Harris, not the post payday, injured Harris.

serious hops
07-12-2011, 05:20 PM

Unless Fox is an accomplished knee surgeon, I'm afraid Tebow's intervention is more what you're going to need.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Does Fox have a time machine so he can sign the 2007 Tommie Harris cause I would take the pre-injured Harris, not the post payday, injured Harris.

How much the Bears paid him doesn't matter to us because he won't be making that here. I'm not even wanting him to be like he was before he got hurt, I just want him to be better then what we have now and I don't see how that is really that hard to do.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Unless Fox is an accomplished knee surgeon, I'm afraid Tebow's intervention is more what you're going to need.

I would risk the Vet min for one or two years on him.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 07:23 PM
I wonder if we don't see a trade for a DT once the lockout ends.

I guess that after being letdown during the draft that we didn't get a DT I don't see them planning to throw a boat load of $ at a guy this year.

I hope I am wrong I just don't think they have made the position a priority this year.

And yes if they don't get a couple FA's or UDFA's or trade the run D will suck.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I would risk the Vet min for one or two years on him.

I could see a heavy incentive vet min deal for 1 year but going multiple years on a broken 7 year vet is a mistake.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I could see a heavy incentive vet min deal for 1 year but going multiple years on a broken 7 year vet is a mistake.

We need lots of bodies, so going for one with talent even if he has been hurt and not been the same since he has been hurt is a risk we need to take. With only Vickerson on the roster we have our work cut out for us.

broncosteven
07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
We need lots of bodies, so going for one with talent even if he has been hurt and not been the same since he has been hurt is a risk we need to take. With only Vickerson on the roster we have our work cut out for us.

Either way we have our work cut out for us, 2nd pick in the draft, new HC, Front office changes, not sure who our QB is going to be, there is a lot of **** that needs to be sorted out.

I agree it makes sense to have a vet in camp just for bodies, I live in Chicagoland and have heard/seen all the bad about Harris for the last 2 years.

I just don't see having a Vet DT making this a playoff team this year but I agree they need more bodies from somewhere for TC if nothing else.

TheReverend
07-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Either way we have our work cut out for us, 2nd pick in the draft, new HC, Front office changes, not sure who our QB is going to be, there is a lot of **** that needs to be sorted out.

I agree it makes sense to have a vet in camp just for bodies, I live in Chicagoland and have heard/seen all the bad about Harris for the last 2 years.

I just don't see having a Vet DT making this a playoff team this year but I agree they need more bodies from somewhere for TC if nothing else.

It'll take a miracle for ANY FA to make this a playoff team...

What we need is to acquire talent while we can in any fashion necessary.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM

I've seen how fast things can change if the DC is good. Nolan brought in vets and things improved really fast. I think with the extra time off cause of the lock out it might help Harris out. I still think he would be a improvement over McBean and Fields.

oubronco
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Yes and this is a great year to get some young solid talent in FAgency

oubronco
07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Anyone of these would work

49ers | Three might be impossible to re-sign (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=725063-49ers-three-might-be-impossible-to-re-sign)
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:22:26 -0700
The San Francisco 49ers (http://www.kffl.com/team/32/nfl/san-francisco-49ers) are scheduled to have 15 players become unrestricted free agents. Players such as DL Aubrayo Franklin (http://www.kffl.com/player/6046/nfl/aubrayo-franklin), FS Dashon Goldson (http://www.kffl.com/player/16373/nfl/dashon-goldson) and LB Manny Lawson (http://www.kffl.com/player/13748/nfl/manny-lawson) are likely to test the market and will nearly be impossible to sign.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1Rwsg1Luq

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Anyone of these would work

49ers | Three might be impossible to re-sign (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=725063-49ers-three-might-be-impossible-to-re-sign)
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:22:26 -0700
The San Francisco 49ers (http://www.kffl.com/team/32/nfl/san-francisco-49ers) are scheduled to have 15 players become unrestricted free agents. Players such as DL Aubrayo Franklin (http://www.kffl.com/player/6046/nfl/aubrayo-franklin), FS Dashon Goldson (http://www.kffl.com/player/16373/nfl/dashon-goldson) and LB Manny Lawson (http://www.kffl.com/player/13748/nfl/manny-lawson) are likely to test the market and will nearly be impossible to sign.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1Rwsg1Luq

Only FS I would want is Harper.

TheReverend
07-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Only FS I would want is Harper.

We're too crowded at the S spot as is, imo.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
We're too crowded at the S spot as is, imo.

I know we are I'm just saying if there was a Saftey we went after I would like him. I really think we will move some guys this year. The Lions really need help and we have people that can possibly move.

montrose
07-13-2011, 03:00 AM
LaCanfora reported yesterday the salary cap is expected to jump considerably from where it was in 2009 - raising the cap floor so that a few teams that didnt spend any money last year (there was no cap floor) like TB, KC, and CAR are going to have to spend 40 million in just a few days during the expedited signing period to hit the floor. You gotta figure that drives up these guys' price.

eddie mac
07-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Rumours are it's going to be between $120m-$125m which is below the last capped year. $128m or so if my memory hasn't gone.

TheChamp24
07-13-2011, 09:22 AM

We're a ways away from a playoff team. I can't fathom any rational person thinking we are just a DT signing away from being in the playoffs.

TheReverend
07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I know we are I'm just saying if there was a Saftey we went after I would like him. I really think we will move some guys this year. The Lions really need help and we have people that can possibly move.

I'd rather go after Weddle if we went after a Safety in the FA crop.

OABB
07-13-2011, 09:41 AM
We're a ways away from a playoff team. I can't fathom any rational person thinking we are just a DT signing away from being in the playoffs.

We are two dts and a mlb away. I honestly believe this.

TheChamp24
07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
We are two dts and a mlb away. I honestly believe this.

If those 2 DT's were BJ Raji and Suh, and the MLB Patrick Willis, then yeah I might believe it.

s0phr0syne
07-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Since there's some talk that Nick Barnett may be released by GB, I think that'd be a great FA target, depending on the price he commands. He was one of the leagues most consistent top performers as a 4-3 MLB prior to their shift to the 3-4, where he still played well.

Of course, the downside would be cutting out Mays opportunity and reducing the snaps to develop Irving.

NFLBRONCO
07-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I think Denver needs notable 3 DT's in FA but, settle with two notable ones and 1 or 2 fillers

bronco militia
07-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I would have taken one on draft day.....FML

DBroncos4life
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
I think Denver needs 3 DT's in FA but, settle with two

I agree, hell I would even think about bring Gerarld Warren back in lol.

Beantown Bronco
07-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I think Denver needs 3 DT's in FA but, settle with two

If we only sign two, that means our entire roster would consist of 3 DTs with any NFL experience. Even if they all miraculously stayed healthy all year, that's still not enough to make it through entire games.

NFLBRONCO
07-15-2011, 03:32 PM
If we only sign two, that means our entire roster would consist of 3 DTs with any NFL experience. Even if they all miraculously stayed healthy all year, that's still not enough to make it through entire games.

I think 3 Notable DT's is a stretch is what I mean't

TheReverend
07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Dream is 4 but, I think that's a stretch.

4 is likely, imo. But only 1-2 will be even notable.

An UDFA for the PS.
1-2 studs.
1-2 filler players with Vickerson.

NFLBRONCO
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
4 is likely, imo. But only 1-2 will be even notable.

An UDFA for the PS.
1-2 studs.
1-2 filler players with Vickerson.

After thinking about it your scenerio above is likely.

s0phr0syne
07-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Eagles RB (former Brown) Jerome Harrison is an FA ?? ?? ??

Not sure how I glossed over that, but he'd be a good addition, and makes sense as a cheaper, less heralded option.

TonyR
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Not sure how I glossed over that, but he'd be a good addition, and makes sense as a cheaper, less heralded option.

Agree, although I won't be surprised if the Eagles re-sign him.

Br0nc0Buster
07-25-2011, 02:54 PM

doesnt he still own the single game rushing record? lol

kind of odd to see a player set a record for dominate play then get relegated to third string so quickly

TheReverend
07-25-2011, 03:08 PM
doesnt he still own the single game rushing record? lol

kind of odd to see a player set a record for dominate play then get relegated to third string so quickly

...he never had it.

Br0nc0Buster
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
...he never had it.

oh well he must of come close to tying it or something
I remember him running for like 290 yards against the Chiefs a couple years ago

I guess Peterson must of ran for more against the Chargers

TonyR
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
oh well he must of come close to tying it or something
I remember him running for like 290 yards against the Chiefs a couple years ago

I guess Peterson must of ran for more against the Chargers

Yup, exactly. Harrison's 286 is the 2nd best ever.

TheReverend
07-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Yup, exactly. Harrison's 286 is the 2nd best ever.

Still wrong.

IHaveALight
07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Willis McGahee has been informed by the Ravens that he will be released.

GoBroncos84
07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
In a perfect world, we would end up with:

- One of the top 2 DTs, Cofield or Mebane. If given the choice I take Cofield
- A complementary or starting level RB. D. Williams, D. Locke, McGahee and R. Brown top my list
- A top blocking Fullback. Vonta Leach, Le'Ron McClain, Lawrence Vickers, John Kuhn, etc
- A starting or nickel CB. Asomougha, Cromartie, and Joseph would be too expensive, but Richard Marshall could be a good option

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2011, 03:55 PM

2. Carl Nicks G 26 R
5. Sidney Rice WR 25 (4)
7. Ray Edwards DE 26 (5)
11. Doug Free OT 27 (5)
20. Brandon Carr CB 25 R
21. Eric Weddle S 26 (4)
24. Harvey Dahl G 30 (4)
27. Willie Colon OT 30 U
28. Ike Taylor CB 31 U
31. Michael Bush RB 26 R
34. Jammal Brown OT 30 U
36. Tyson Clabo OT 30 U
41. Justin Babin DE 30 U
43. Barrett Ruud LB 28 U
44. Santana Moss WR 32 U
45. Michael Huff S 28 U
46. Chris Carr CB 27 U
47. Matt Light OT 33 U

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Eric Wright
Dashon Goldson
Marc Bulger
Lance Moore
Jacoby Jones
Shaun Ellis
Mike Sims-Walker
James Jones
Ronnie Brown
Mike Tolbert
Manny Lawson
Kevin Burnett

:approve:

TonyR
07-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Still wrong.

Ah, yes, Jamal Lewis put up 295. So am I safe saying 3rd best ever?!?

TheReverend
07-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Ah, yes, Jamal Lewis put up 295. So am I safe saying 3rd best ever?!?

I think so lol

Baba Booey
07-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Williams or Bush at running back, Mebane or Cofield at DT. Wouldn't mind another solid DE, either.

Like someone mentioned, a decent corner like Marshall would be nice as well.

Traveler
07-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Alan Branch, come on down! The kid finally started to show something towards the latter part of the year. Miscast in 3-4 in AZ. Might catch him at the right time as the light finally comes on for him.

StugotsIII
07-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Still wrong.

296 Adrian Peterson, Minnesota vs. San Diego, November 4, 2007
295 Jamal Lewis, Baltimore vs. Cleveland, Sept. 14, 2003
278 Corey Dillon, Cincinnati vs. Denver, Oct. 22, 2000
275 Walter Payton, Chicago vs. Minnesota, Nov. 20, 1977

FireFly
07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
honestly, this team could use a guy with some attitude who will stomp an opponents face into the turf. i know generally everyone wants the nice guys on the team who a awesome players, but in reality every team needs a couple of *****. you need a guy willing to do the nasty work, an intimidator. this team has been missing a guy like that since Romo was let go. Haynesworth would fill that gap, and the way this team is set up I think it would be a good gamble to take.

as bad as this team is, it is going to take some big gambles to right the ship

i really don't care about bad PR, attitude problems or anything like that if he can perform.

QFT :strong:

At this point, this is exactly how I feel. We need some fire, spit and passion on our D.

Br0nc0Buster
07-25-2011, 05:00 PM
With the news about Cox coming out, I would say we have a hole at corner that we need to address as well

Jonathan Joseph would be ideal, but also prolly a pipe dream
Someone like Richard Marshall I think would be a good pickup

KevinJames
07-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Todd Heap is going to be cut,

lets get that motha****a!

broncos-rock
07-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Ravens are really going to work fast taking out a bunch of big names! Add Derrick Mason to the list.

StugotsIII
07-25-2011, 05:07 PM

At this point, this is exactly how I feel. We need some fire, spit and passion on our D.

That is why I loved Romo!

Dude was a friggin killer.

oubronco
07-25-2011, 05:11 PM

The league is too pussyfied they would throw said player to the wolves

PRBronco
07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Kelly Gregg is gonna get cut, I'd approve of that pick up.

FADERPROOF
07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Hoping Fox can pull both Deangelo Williams and Charles Johnson, see if they want to come here and play for him still.

Requiem
07-25-2011, 05:43 PM
todd heap, barret rudd, richard marshall, mebane, coefield, runneeeerbackr

strafen
07-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Hoping Fox can pull both Deangelo Williams and Charles Johnson, see if they want to come here and play for him still.I've got the feeling we're going to make a strong run at DeAngelo Williams....

TheReverend
07-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Hoping Fox can pull both Deangelo Williams and Charles Johnson, see if they want to come here and play for him still.

Johnson was saying he just wants to play for a "winner", so that might be a tough sell.

Garcia Bronco
07-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Franklin, Bush, and Tolbert. ...AFC West is ours if Bush performed.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
evansilva Evan Silva
#Broncos expected to show interest in Willis McGahee after his release becomes official on Thursday. http://bit.ly/n8XUjg

well if this means they are spending money on the D-line and not rb, im all for it.

Agamemnon
07-25-2011, 06:19 PM
My ideal scenario would be Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Mebane, and Zach Miller. There's a lot of players on that list that could help us, but if we could land those three I'd dance a jig.

extralife
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Todd Heap interests me, with news that he's done in Baltimore. Certainly more than McGahee.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
NFL opened the gates on undrafted rookies tonight. Keep an eye out.

oubronco
07-25-2011, 07:00 PM
evansilva Evan Silva
#Broncos expected to show interest in Willis McGahee after his release becomes official on Thursday. http://bit.ly/n8XUjg

well if this means they are spending money on the D-line and not rb, im all for it.

McGahee has never been the same since that horrific knee injury

DarkHorse30
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Todd Heap interests me, with news that he's done in Baltimore. Certainly more than McGahee.

This. It would be like Shannon Sharpe.........well not, really, but weakening an AFC Rival while strengthening our TE situation is awesome, especially finding a guy that could find zones of openess for a soph. QB.

Let me put it this way, if Shannon Sharpe could single-handedly get a SB ring for Baltimore (debate this if you want, but really he was the ONLY offensive threat for Baltimore, including the game against his former team) then a guy like Heap could teach Tebow how to find his TE.

Agamemnon
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM
McGahee has never been the same since that horrific knee injury

He's still better than every back on our roster not named Moreno so I'd be down with it at the right price.

Agamemnon
07-25-2011, 07:59 PM
This. It would be like Shannon Sharpe.........well not, really, but weakening an AFC Rival while strengthening our TE situation is awesome, especially finding a guy that could find zones of openess for a soph. QB.

Let me put it this way, if Shannon Sharpe could single-handedly get a SB ring for Baltimore (debate this if you want, but really he was the ONLY offensive threat for Baltimore, including the game against his former team) then a guy like Heap could teach Tebow how to find his TE.

Heap would definitely be a huge upgrade at TE for us. If we can't get Zach Miller (and we probably can't), Heap would be a great addition.

WolfpackGuy
07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Pass on Heap.

He's old, can't stay on the field, and would probably want to play for a contender anyways.

Doggcow
07-25-2011, 08:21 PM
FRANKLIN, then I'm happy.

Johnson would be cool too.

Agamemnon
07-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Pass on Heap.

He's old, can't stay on the field, and would probably want to play for a contender anyways.

We aren't in a position to cherry pick here. Right now we have no viable receiving TE on our roster. Meanwhile Heap put up good production in 13 games last year (his injuries weren't that bad apparently) and is only 31 (so he has a few years left).

Some Broncos fans really need to realize how thin our roster is on talent right now. If we can get players that improve said roster (at the right price) we have to do so. And outside DT, TE is our greatest need right now.

FireFly
07-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Just putting it out there, I think we'll get one of the better DT's available. I think we'll get a high profile RB.

After that, I'd love an experienced TE and... Paul Posluszny - he'll re-sign with the Bills, but I'd love to see him here

WolfpackGuy
07-25-2011, 08:34 PM
We aren't in a position to cherry pick here. Right now we have no viable receiving TE on our roster. Meanwhile Heap put up good production in 13 games last year (his injuries weren't that bad apparently) and is only 31 (so he has a few years left).

Some Broncos fans really need to realize how thin our roster is on talent right now. If we can get players that improve said roster (at the right price) we have to do so. And outside DT, TE is our greatest need right now.

If he wants to play for peanuts, bring him in.

I'd just rather see them get the youth movement fully underway.

But yeah, the TE situation and the overall talent is sad thanks to the idiot.

cutthemdown
07-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I'd almost rather have Maghee out of the whole crop. He's an injury risk, but so is Deangello Williams. But IMO Maghee a tougher runner.

cutthemdown
07-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Broncos should make a run at Miller, just to drive his price up, no way he leaves Oakland IMO. Heap would be a decent risk/reward type.

cutthemdown
07-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Micheal Bush is a RFA so we can't sign him. Reggie Bush, who knows hes a decent weapon in certain situations. Still though I would really think he solves any of our hard nosed running problems.

Killericon
07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
My dream involves Posluszny, Richard Marshall, a decent veteran RB, and Franklin.

extralife
07-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Micheal Bush is a RFA so we can't sign him. Reggie Bush, who knows hes a decent weapon in certain situations. Still though I would really think he solves any of our hard nosed running problems.

then again, Tebow + Reggie would certainly help spread the field and a back that can catch will always help a young QB

ward63
07-25-2011, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't mind Kelly Gregg as well

Agamemnon
07-25-2011, 10:20 PM
If he wants to play for peanuts, bring him in.

I'd just rather see them get the youth movement fully underway.

But yeah, the TE situation and the overall talent is sad thanks to the idiot.

There really aren't any young stud TEs that we have a realistic shot at. Heap on the other hand we do precisely because he isn't elite and he isn't a long-term solution. He is a marked upgrade that would last us a few years though. Meanwhile we can focus on drafting a top TE to replace him in a couple years.

broncosteven
07-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Broncos should make a run at Miller, just to drive his price up, no way he leaves Oakland IMO. Heap would be a decent risk/reward type.

I would like to see them take Miller over Heap. Heap has some excellent catches that can break teams backs but he also breaks his own back/leg/whatever and is getting old. Miller is younger and a decent blocking back and pass catcher.

I would like to see Michael Bush also over Williams but I think at RB we might be able to find a UDFA who could come in and help out in Foxes run heavy system.

At DT I would like to see them have a couple UDFA's already scouted and on the board and pick up at least one decent Vet DT but I won't be upset if they don't sign a vet DT because of all the past history of neglecting to address the position.

I still wonder if Denver won't trade Orton for a player of need rather than picks.

Overall I think getting Tebow a vet TE and a solid running game will help him out this year.

On D they really need to shore up the DL before playing around with signing a big money CB. I could see them bringing in some lower profile depth guys for camp to upgrade ST's.

BroncoMan4ever
07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
COFIELD, MEBANE and FRANKLIN
Reggie Bush finally get a return guy plus a guy who can take a few carries a game and catch a few passes
a real FB
OL interior depth, Robert Gallery?
some more DT

StugotsIII
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
COFIELD, MEBANE and FRANKLIN
Reggie Bush finally get a return guy plus a guy who can take a few carries a game and catch a few passes
a real FB
OL interior depth, Robert Gallery?
some more DT

Reggie Bush may just be a bit too expensive…

I will say there aren't many players that garner the defensive attention that Bush does…

It's unreal and I think the New Orleans offense will badly miss him.

TonyR
07-26-2011, 09:27 AM
...Maghee...

Just for fun let's spell his name correctly: McGahee.

oubronco
07-26-2011, 09:30 AM
I really hope that we get Cofield and at least another bigtime DT

I wouldn't mind them getting Santanio Holmes either he's money with the ball