PDA

View Full Version : I miss football

Kaylore
07-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I miss football. I miss the free agent signings, the depth charts, camp, the games. I miss it all. I have been ok, but this time of year is when I get itchy. Usually camp is around the corner, not in jeopardy. Last I heard they were stalemating on the rookie wage scale.

BlaK-Argentina
07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
+1

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Here's to hopeing this ends soon. In a couple of weeks training camp season starts and I wanted to go see the players practice.

SoCalBronco
07-10-2011, 10:37 PM
I think they will probably reach an agreement (despite the remaining issues that are in a stalemate) within the next two weeks sometime, so we should be getting football back soon. The beginning of the loss of real revenues is a great motivational tool for getting a deal done and I think we'll see that happen shortly. The may lose the HOF game, but that might be it.

Kaylore
07-10-2011, 10:40 PM
I think they will probably reach an agreement (despite the remaining issues that are in a stalemate) within the next two weeks sometime, so we should be getting football back soon. The beginning of the loss of real revenues is a great motivational tool for getting a deal done and I think we'll see that happen shortly. The may lose the HOF game, but that might be it.

I remember the commissioner saying if he had to they would push the super bowl back two weeks. That wouldn't be so bad if they decided they were going to move the whole season back two weeks.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Amen

OABB
07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
My name is jake, and I miss football.

cutthemdown
07-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I miss it also, but I am not worried. They will get it done and miss at most 1 preseason game, maybe shift everything back a week, something but it will get done.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I miss football but I don't know if I really miss hovering over camp updates where have 5 different people have 5 different takes on how each player is doing.

Soccer has been really exciting this year so I don't feel as bad a lull to convince myself (and failing) that baseball is interesting.

tsiguy96
07-11-2011, 02:23 AM
I miss football but I don't know if I really miss hovering over camp updates where have 5 different people have 5 different takes on how each player is doing.

Soccer has been really exciting this year so I don't feel as bad a lull to convince myself (and failing) that baseball is interesting.

its fun to read and i think people can get an idea by reading all of them and summing them together. one person will say every player sucks, an UDFA is on the way to the HOF and is a surefire starter, one poster can see no wrong. it really is interesting how several people can see the same thing and get a different perspective on whats happening.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 02:46 AM
its fun to read and i think people can get an idea by reading all of them and summing them together. one person will say every player sucks, an UDFA is on the way to the HOF and is a surefire starter, one poster can see no wrong. it really is interesting how several people can see the same thing and get a different perspective on whats happening.

Every camp report I have ever seen = Umm, I don't know if the defense is really good or the offense is really bad from that play. I don't know if the offense is really good or the defense is really bad from that play.

Oh well, that is a lot better than the people who extrapolate too much from pre season games.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 02:49 AM
one person will say every player sucks, an UDFA is on the way to the HOF and is a surefire starter, one poster can see no wrong.

The only thing I take from this is that people on message boards smell their own farts and don't know what they are talking about.

Boomhauer
07-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Miss Football
http://storage.canalblog.com/40/81/636133/43646377.jpg

schaaf
07-11-2011, 05:08 AM
I cried myself to sleep last night and nearly drowned in my own sorrows

Eldorado
07-11-2011, 05:44 AM
I miss football. I miss the free agent signings, the depth charts, camp, the games. I miss it all. I have been ok, but this time of year is when I get itchy. Usually camp is around the corner, not in jeopardy. Last I heard they were stalemating on the rookie wage scale.

I miss MacGruder. Where is that guy anyway?

Kaylore
07-11-2011, 05:46 AM
I miss MacGruder. Where is that guy anyway?

Probably tp'ing Tom Brady's house for "ruining Tim Tebow's draft stock."

Los Broncos
07-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Same here, it's gong to be worse if nothing has happen this time next month.

Garcia Bronco
07-11-2011, 06:27 AM
I still don't care. I should, but I don't.

TheReverend
07-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Same. Honestly my favorite parts of the football year are free agency, trades and the draft. It's the eternal optimism that comes along with it. Kinda like how the anticipation for Christmas was more exciting than actually playing with the toys (for me, at least).

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Same. Honestly my favorite parts of the football year are free agency, trades and the draft. It's the eternal optimism that comes along with it. Kinda like how the anticipation for Christmas was more exciting than actually playing with the toys (for me, at least).

What?

More than the actual games?

bronco militia
07-11-2011, 07:31 AM
I hate the offseason.....I miss football every year

bronclvr
07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
I will miss going to Games this Year (I am mad about this garbage, and will vote with my Dollars)-I became disheartened over the Cutler fiasco, excited then disgusted over McD, and now this-it's not a great time to be an NFL Fan (let alone a bronco fan)-hopefully this ignorance will be over soon, and Fox will turn out to be more than we thought-until then, this sucks-

Kaylore
07-11-2011, 07:42 AM
What?

More than the actual games?

You have to remember our games have sucked for the past few years.

crawdad
07-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Really, that doesn't matter as much as being there and the experience. I enjoy the games and winning is a bonus. It is a time where I can meet with friends and have a good time. That isd what it is all about to me. I enjoy the experience and I miss football too!

Meck77
07-11-2011, 07:52 AM
I miss it but have decided to fish more. Fish aren't greedy.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 08:19 AM
You have to remember our games have sucked for the past few years.

True but even when the Chiefs won 2 in a year...getting up and watching football on Sundays was awesome. Frustrating but...I don't know. I guess I just get bored until the games start. The what ifs and acquisitions its just all talk and media circus until guys run full speed into each other in the fall.

broncogary
07-11-2011, 08:21 AM

The one's you catch are. :sunshine:

Rock Chalk
07-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Part of me wants there to be no football to teach both the owners and the players a lesson.

Part of me wants football because its football and the most awesomest sport on the planet.

Part of me thinks there will not be a full season because of the two sides being idiots.

Another part of me thinks that someone, somewhere, with a whole lot of power, is going to make a call to the NFLPA reps and the owners and tell them to get it ****ing done, this country will riot without football. And they will get it done.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I personally am not concerned in the least with them striking a deal. Hey, I could be way off but it really isn't a situation I am concerned about.

It is nice that in some nightmare scenario I still have college ball to enjoy.

OABB
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
I may have to freeze myself for a year like cartman and the wii.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I may have to freeze myself for a year like cartman.

Note to thawers:

If you revive me at the start of a rebuilding period I will **** start your face.

Garcia Bronco
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I may have to freeze myself for a year like cartman and the wii.

Cartman frezzed himself for longer than that...he couldn't wait for that Wii.

Kaylore
07-11-2011, 08:33 AM
True but even when the Chiefs won 2 in a year...getting up and watching football on Sundays was awesome. Frustrating but...I don't know. I guess I just get bored until the games start. The what ifs and acquisitions its just all talk and media circus until guys run full speed into each other in the fall.

While I also prefer the regular season to the offseason (even a crappy one) I like the offseason. Everyone is optimistic. We're all undefeated before the season starts and speculation about how new players for any team will help change the NFL is very interesting to me.

OABB
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Cartman frezzed himself for longer than that...he couldn't wait for that Wii.

Ill get someone other than butters to thaw me out.

mkporter
07-11-2011, 08:38 AM

I don't know if these are my favorite parts of the year, but I definitely agree with the sentiment. I always think we are going to be awesome by the time we are a week or two into training camp. By the time opening day rolls around, I am pretty much useless at work because all I can think about is week 1. Once the season starts, it feels like it will go on forever, and I forget that there aren't football games every week year-round. Once we get to about week 10-11, I start to realize that the season will be ending, and I get panicky. After the season ends, I actually usually enjoy having extra time available on the weekends. That lasts for about 3-4 weeks, and then it's back to the blogs and the pre-draft hype, and the circle of life begins anew.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-11-2011, 08:41 AM
While I also prefer the regular season to the offseason (even a crappy one) I like the offseason. Everyone is optimistic. We're all undefeated before the season starts and speculation about how new players for any team will help change the NFL is very interesting to me.

Plus, the idea of team building has its own appeal. The personnel side of the NFL has become its own entertainment, and judging by the NFL draft's ratings, its an opinion shared by many. The regular season, in many ways, is an application of the months of preperation, so I, too, almost enjoy the events of the offseason as much as the on the field play, but just in a different way considering the offseason doesnt toy with your emotions.

mkporter
07-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Every camp report I have ever seen = Umm, I don't know if the defense is really good or the offense is really bad from that play. I don't know if the offense is really good or the defense is really bad from that play.

You need better camp reporters. The correct answer is that the offense, defense, and all of the players are awesome. Role players will have breakout years, solid starters will be pro bowlers, and pro-bowlers will be MVPs, and if you have a MVP, he will become lord and ruler of the universe.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 08:48 AM
You need better camp reporters. The correct answer is that the offense, defense, and all of the players are awesome. Role players will have breakout years, solid starters will be pro bowlers, and pro-bowlers will be MVPs, and if you have a MVP, he will become lord and ruler of the universe.

No, there are solid guys who have insights it just always seems so funny. I used to pour over all of that info and see everything that was going on daily. When I started looking back at the perceptions I had those years and aligned them with the reality of the teams?

I figure I will just get the cliffs notes and wait for the real **** to start.

KC Camp is closer to KC these days so if they have one I will probably try and make it but I know it will be eleventyBILLION degrees.

Garcia Bronco
07-11-2011, 08:53 AM

FA typically don't make a big impact nor do rookies. It happens...but its rare.

I think of it this way...the longer this goes on...the better it is for fans that pay. The NFL needs to be devalued.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Maybe the reason I am not sweating this is because I feel like if they are spending more time on it then they are doing it right.

I am interested in the long term health of the league. If some things during one boring offseason get all out of whack then that is a non issue. Not interested in them scrambling to get any agreement. I want to the right agreement. I feel like they are doing that.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 08:59 AM
FA typically don't make a big impact nor do rookies. It happens...but its rare.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eric+Berry+lxt6xqZFp3Pm.jpg

Chris
07-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Tell that to this guy

http://www.grahamsfishingtackle.co.uk/images/fat-fish_05.gif

Beantown Bronco
07-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Maybe the reason I am not sweating this is because I feel like if they are spending more time on it then they are doing it right.

I am interested in the long term health of the league. If some things during one boring offseason get all out of whack then that is a non issue. Not interested in them scrambling to get any agreement. I want to the right agreement. I feel like they are doing that.

In a sense, that's what they're doing. They've known about this for years and yet they waited until the 11th hour beore they even pretended to start negotiating. If they had just set up a committee say two years ago and met just a few hours a month during the season and a a day or two a week during the offseason, we'd have that new "right" agreement already.

Smiling Assassin27
07-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Meh, tell me when you've got your deal done and I'll pick up right where I left off. Besides, we've got Major Leage Lacrosse, er something.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 09:19 AM
In a sense, that's what they're doing. They've known about this for years and yet they waited until the 11th hour beore they even pretended to start negotiating. If they had just set up a committee say two years ago and met just a few hours a month during the season and a a day or two a week during the offseason, we'd have that new "right" agreement already.

That is just the nature of these large scale type things.

Gort
07-11-2011, 09:21 AM

if it helps, Pacman Jones got arrested again. that should make you nostalgic.

:)

Garcia Bronco
07-11-2011, 09:25 AM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eric+Berry+lxt6xqZFp3Pm.jpg

LOL..I guess

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 09:26 AM
LOL..I guess

His work against the run is crazy good.

Ok.

Now I miss football.

Dagmar
07-11-2011, 09:30 AM
These are the dates the league are looking at.

July 1 (July 21) -- Educate the clubs on the new league rules and allow voluntary training for teams and agents.

• July 5 (July 25) -- Sign undrafted rookies, as well as give free agents a chance to re-sign with their teams.

• July 8 (July 28) -- League year starts and free agency begins.

• July 13 (Aug. 2) -- Rosters must be set at 90 players.

• July 14 (Aug. 3) -- Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

• July 18 (Aug. 7 ) -- A four-day match period for teams to match restricted free-agent offer sheets.

• July 23 (Aug 12) -- Deadline for rookies to sign contracts (not yet agreed upon).

• July 27 (Aug. 16) -- Signing period for restricted free agents ends, as does the signing period for franchise and transition tenders.

• Aug. 9 (Aug. 29) -- Deadline for players to report to earned credit for an accrued season toward free agency.

AK Broncomaniac
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Really, that doesn't matter as much as being there and the experience. I enjoy the games and winning is a bonus. It is a time where I can meet with friends and have a good time. That isd what it is all about to me. I enjoy the experience and I miss football too!

AMEN!!! But I still thank God for baseball... and the new Tebow book, of course!

Bob's your Information Minister
07-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I miss telling you guys how ****ty the Broncos are and how awesome the Chiefs are.

And no free agents means there is a hollow place where "oh doooooonks, meet our new friend" threads used to be.

broncocalijohn
07-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I am not there yet as TC hasn't "started" yet. If it continues, my effort just goes to more baseball on Sundays, USC games and get more involved on forums with them and sign up the kids for Fall Ball (baseball) that plays on Sundays. I will have it covered.

Los Broncos
07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I am not there yet as TC hasn't "started" yet. If it continues, my effort just goes to more baseball on Sundays, USC games and get more involved on forums with them and sign up the kids for Fall Ball (baseball) that plays on Sundays. I will have it covered.

How old are your boys now?

Gcver2ver3
07-11-2011, 02:58 PM
i thought i was okay, and then yesterday outta no where it hit me like a brick...i really got the bug for broncos football...

to calm the bug i went to my dvr and watched the bronco vs texans game form last season...

i was really wanting to see tebow in action...it had been so long i forgot most of the game so it was truly entertaining...

that should hold me for another week or so...

broncocalijohn
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
How old are your boys now?

7 and 8.

gunns
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Note to thawers:

If you revive me at the start of a rebuilding period I will **** start your face.

Hell, weren't you born at the beginning of the Chiefs current rebuilding process?

I've kind of enjoyed it being gone this off season. But this is the time of year I'm beginning to countdown to preseason and now it's starting to bug me. Just get it done. I really want some football. Yeah there's college and I love it but nothing like the pro's. It's time.

broncosteven
07-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Don't worry I think you will be able to watch the big sweaty masculine #73 crouching in his stance soon. LOL

From what I heard on the radio today Clayton said he thought they would get the 5th year rookie wage scale settled by the end of the week and all the legal stuff wrapped up by the week of July 25th and he thought the HOF game would be played.

I hope so because I miss FA and all the great Camp reports from the guys who take the time to do it for those of us 1000 miles away.

broncosteven
07-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I miss telling you guys how ****ty the Broncos are and how awesome the Chiefs are.

And no free agents means there is a hollow place where "oh doooooonks, meet our new friend" threads used to be.

When was the last time KFC won a Playoff game again?

Los Broncos
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
When was the last time KFC won a Playoff game again?

Here we go again.

ZachKC
07-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Hell, weren't you born at the beginning of the Chiefs current rebuilding process?

I've kind of enjoyed it being gone this off season. But this is the time of year I'm beginning to countdown to preseason and now it's starting to bug me. Just get it done. I really want some football. Yeah there's college and I love it but nothing like the pro's. It's time.

Well being born and being revived as an adult would be different games.

But yes, I am a child of 1983 and the 80's were omega dark times. I remember watching Chiefs games right about the time the Carl Peterson era started.

broncosteven
07-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Well being born and being revived as an adult would be different games.

But yes, I am a child of 1983 and the 80's were omega dark times. I remember watching Chiefs games right about the time the Carl Peterson era started.

The late 70's KFC teams were epic bad also.