PDA

View Full Version : Parking spots designated for just women with children: what's your take?

Man-Goblin
07-09-2011, 04:01 PM
As a 31 year old male with no kids I think it's total horse****.

There was a perfectly good spot in front of the liquor store today but I couldnt park there because I wasn't a mother or expecting mother.

Discuss!

Gort
07-09-2011, 04:02 PM

There was a perfectly good spot in front of the liquor store today but I couldnt park there because I wasn't a mother or expecting mother.

Discuss!

go inside. ask to see the manager. tell them they lost your business forever because of that parking spot. then leave and find a new place to waste your money on booze.

problem solved.

Drunk Monkey
07-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Discuss!

Well with a wife who is 6 months preggers and not to happy about walking long distances in 105 heat I have no problem with it at say a Wal-Mart, Kroger, bye bye baby ect. At a Liquor store.... Was it in a strip mall or something?

That One Guy
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Totally sexist.

If it's an area where there's other stores, men with kids should get the same consideration women do.

In front of a liquor store, weird.

broncocalijohn
07-09-2011, 04:21 PM

Discuss!

If only spot, use it. They cannot give you a ticket for parking there. I don't mind if some lady with a 30 week baby in the oven, but just to be a Mom? F that and park there by cutting off some minivan.
Now if it is my wife in her minivan, you better get the **** out of her way! She is getting me my damn 6 pack and wrapped ham sandwich at the Quick N Go Market.

ant1999e
07-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Chivalry is dead.:pity:

OBF1
07-09-2011, 04:28 PM
This is the first I have heard of this. A pile of hose cock if you axe me.

OABB
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Can casey anthony patk there now?

Tombstone RJ
07-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Discuss!

you need kids brosef

Meck77
07-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Strange. Saw a hybrid parking only in Boulder a couple weeks ago. I'm tempted to park my bus in there one of these days.

Los Broncos
07-09-2011, 04:53 PM
If they are pregnant then I say give it to them, otherwise they can walk.

gunns
07-09-2011, 04:56 PM
BS! There's not a damn thing wrong with a woman with kids. She can walk and she can walk distances. Won't hurt the kids either. I sympathize with a pregnant woman in the heat but hubby can drop her off at the door or she can drive around till she finds a primo spot. So many parking spots are already taken for handicapped people and 1/2 the time you see people who are definitely not handicapped parking there. It's the old feel sorry for me, I have kids, like it was an accident that happened.

tsiguy96
07-09-2011, 04:59 PM
BS! There's not a damn thing wrong with a woman with kids. She can walk and she can walk distances. Won't hurt the kids either. I sympathize with a pregnant woman in the heat but hubby can drop her off at the door or she can drive around till she finds a primo spot. So many parking spots are already taken for handicapped people and 1/2 the time you see people who are definitely not handicapped parking there. It's the old feel sorry for me, I have kids, like it was an accident that happened.

absolutely.

women with kids or who are pregnant are absolutely capable of walking and even moderate intensity exercise for a far longer period than it takes to walk from the car to inside an air conditioned store.

what gets me is the people who will drive 5 minutes through a parking lot to avoid walking an extra 50 feet each way. pure laziness, nothing more.

Tombstone RJ
07-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Strange. Saw a hybrid parking only in Boulder a couple weeks ago. I'm tempted to park my bus in there one of these days.

You gotta think like a liberal nazi: hybrid = bisexual (so it's all good).

DHallblows
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
You gotta think like a liberal nazi: hybrid = bisexual (so it's all good).

If you're gonna post something this retardedly ignorant, have it be funny/make goddamn sense. It's the least you could do...

kappys
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Around me the only spots I see are for pregos or women with infants - no complaints for me - then again I've only ever seen those spots at Target/Grocery store where there is tons of parking and I always park in the back and walk anyways since I hate waiting in parking lots for people hwo can't figure out how to drive 5 mph

Pick Six
07-09-2011, 05:16 PM
A liquor store? Aren't expecting mothers expected NOT to drink? LOL LOL LOL

Bronco Yoda
07-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I park in the back anyway. All you bastards keep dinging my cars :)

btw, is it just me or are there way too many handicapped spots. I'm not sure the ratio required but it seems like there never even half the spots ever full.

That One Guy
07-09-2011, 05:55 PM

Killed by feminists and equal opportunity proponents.

That One Guy
07-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I park in the back anyway. All you bastards keep dinging my cars :)

btw, is it just me or are there way too many handicapped spots. I'm not sure the ratio required but it seems like there never even half the spots ever full.

I think they should split the number of handicapped spots and have some right at the doors, some at the very back of the lot. The ones at the door can be for "handicapped with an injury" and the ones at the back can be "handicapped because I'm fatter than legs can support".

baja
07-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Park there anyway. It's not legal and will not stand up in court if charged.

We have this in Cabo. Yesterday I was meeting with a client at Starbucks and witnessed a couple parking in one of those spots. The man got out and was walking toward the store while his wife remained in the car. I shouted to him, "Are you pregnant?" His answer was no but my wife (the one waiting in the car) is.

broncolife
07-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I would like a parking spot for my beer belly and me.

OBF1
07-09-2011, 06:34 PM

This lady gets it. REP

cutthemdown
07-09-2011, 06:53 PM

yep say this is a hybrid, its a combo of an RV and Bus. Duh?

cutthemdown
07-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't think expectant mothers should get special treatment. I do think they could be considered handicap though and get a placard to use those after say the 6-7 month mark when they are really big? But for whole pregnancy no way. If fact they should be walking so as not to get too fat. :) as I rest beer on my belly lol

cutthemdown
07-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Also though I firmly support any private parking structure to do what they want. If a business feels making a preggo handicap spot is good business i fully support them. If it helps your business because your demographic is 80% women shoppers I would say its really smart.

Jay3
07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I hate it when it won't take the wrinkled dollars.

Oh wait, I thought I was in the self-checkout thread.

Yeah, I like it for pregnant moms, but not for just regular moms with kids. There's too many of them.

worm
07-09-2011, 07:18 PM
I saw a parking spot in Portland reserved in front for Tim Tebow (right next to the handicap spot). The preggo woman spot makes more sense than that.

broncocalijohn
07-09-2011, 07:26 PM

We have this in Cabo. Yesterday I was meeting with a client at Starbucks and witnessed a couple parking in one of those spots. The man got out and was walking toward the store while his wife remained in the car. I shouted to him, "Are you pregnant?" His answer was no but my wife (the one waiting in the car) is.

So you tell us to park in those spots but if you witness it, you have the need to be the parking police and yell at a guy asking if he is pregnant or not? Why would you even care? If it isn't legal anyways, why are you butting in his business.

broncocalijohn
07-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I saw a parking spot in Portland reserved in front for Tim Tebow (right next to the handicap spot). The preggo woman spot makes more sense than that.

That handicapped spot was reserved for Orton or Quinn.

iforgotmypassword
07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I say if you're "handicapped" due to obesity you should have your own specail parking spot in the BACK of the parking lot. Try a little exercise with those cheetos.

baja
07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
So you tell us to park in those spots but if you witness it, you have the need to be the parking police and yell at a guy asking if he is pregnant or not? Why would you even care? If it isn't legal anyways, why are you butting in his business.

Here is what this thread is about; " Parking spots designated for just women with children: what's your take?" Guess you missed that part.

I am fine with a special parking spot for pregnant women.

Yet again your desire to chinga me is foiled by your own stupid self.

BTW aren't you butting into my business.

Man-Goblin
07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Well with a wife who is 6 months preggers and not to happy about walking long distances in 105 heat I have no problem with it at say a Wal-Mart, Kroger, bye bye baby ect. At a Liquor store.... Was it in a strip mall or something?

I believe it is a stand alone building in a parking lot across from a grocery store. Since all the liquor stores in this NC are state run, I think they have rules against sharing building occupancy.

The whole thing is confusing to me because the women with children spot was unoccupied but in the 3rd row of parking places.

I would take pics and upload them of the situation tomorrow, but unfortunately the ABC store is closed on Sundays.

Requiem
07-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Saw a woman get in a crash today while talking on her cell phone.

Put her in jail for five years.

ant1999e
07-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Killed by feminists and equal opportunity proponents.

Biotches!!!

ant1999e
07-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Saw a woman get in a crash today while talking on her cell phone.

Put her in jail for five years.

It rained today in Vegas.

Taco John
07-10-2011, 12:05 AM

I would totally park in that spot with my SUV and wave at everyone in eyeshot as I walked away from it. :welcome:

bowtown
07-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Pregnant women who are unable to walk long distances should be eligible for handicap tags. Problem solved. Other than that there's no need to start designating special spaces. Either you need the extra assistance or you don't.

Doggcow
07-10-2011, 12:36 AM

Chivalry died when bitches wanted equality. Us catering to them is the definition of inequality.

bowtown
07-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Chivalry died when b****es wanted equality. Us catering to them is the definition of inequality.

But refering to them as b****es wanting equality is a great way for you to prove how far we've come.

Doggcow
07-10-2011, 12:41 AM
But refering to them as b****es wanting equality is a great way for you to prove how far we've come.

Is "refering" something you do with herb?

Point still stands. by definition, chivalry is inequality.

chadta
07-10-2011, 08:48 AM

im not sure how it is down there, but i know up here those signs are just suggestions, and i use them all the time, its not an official city by law, as such no ticket can be issued. Just like you dont have to stop at stop signs on mall property, but if you hit somebody running it you will be found at fault in the civil case, but if the way is clear just keep going.

Ive been told this by several cops up here. Only the city has the power to issue citations for violation of by laws.

Drunk Monkey
07-10-2011, 08:55 AM
I believe it is a stand alone building in a parking lot across from a grocery store. Since all the liquor stores in this NC are state run, I think they have rules against sharing building occupancy.

The whole thing is confusing to me because the women with children spot was unoccupied but in the 3rd row of parking places.

I would take pics and upload them of the situation tomorrow, but unfortunately the ABC store is closed on Sundays.

OK, that is just crazy then. What the hell does a Liquor store need with a women with children spot.

Drunk Monkey
07-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Pregnant women who are unable to walk long distances should be eligible for handicap tags. Problem solved. Other than that there's no need to start designating special spaces. Either you need the extra assistance or you don't.

I agree, this would be titties and it makes sense. Walking while being very pregnant is a kind of handicap. I would feel a lot better about losing a spot to a 7month mom to be then some caddie driving 50 something that has more spring in his step then Orton.

Pony Boy
07-10-2011, 09:16 AM

If you go to Cabo don't forget the sombrero.

baja
07-10-2011, 09:54 AM
If you go to Cabo don't forget the sombrero.

LOL Thanks for the Sunday morning laugh...

Pony Boy
07-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Can casey anthony patk there now?

Yes she can park there with her new boyfriend waiting in the car.

Bronco Yoda
07-10-2011, 10:46 AM
im not sure how it is down there, but i know up here those signs are just suggestions, and i use them all the time, its not an official city by law, as such no ticket can be issued. Just like you dont have to stop at stop signs on mall property, but if you hit somebody running it you will be found at fault in the civil case, but if the way is clear just keep going.

Ive been told this by several cops up here. Only the city has the power to issue citations for violation of by laws.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://signs.funnyjunkz.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/funny_parking_sign_2.jpg&sa=X&ei=rtYZTo2YN-jTiALPiY3SBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEAALpf4LdqNdw7sriK5QXnvkHgxA