PDA

View Full Version : Name your favorite fireworks

Circle Orange
07-04-2011, 01:59 PM
When I was a kid, the "snakes" were cool, from the red and black tablets. But it was better to burn those on the sidewalks, they made a mess on the patio.

Sparklers were standard. And the twisty ones in striped paper that always went out too fast. The cones were good (only the bigger ones).

Later on I liked the bottle rockets and cherry bombs. Always cherry bombs...:wiggle: Whizzers have been pretty popular in my locale the last couple of years. One year throwing sparklers out of cars was popular (the cops made lots of arrests in street traffic).

Of course in DC they don't let you have the good stuff unless you have a 'friend' or know a good location to get the stronger firecrackers. Most of the stuff is fairly tame, so people burn a lot to make up for it. The parks were practically smoky last year. But at about three am you can hear a cherry bomb out there somewhere, blowing up a mailbox or storage bin. http://scosoft.com/s/Holidays/7c92c237.gif

Meck77
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Whistler bottle rocket fired out of a tent pole. Use to spend summers in Detroit as a kid having bottle rocket wars. Good times.

ICON
07-04-2011, 02:27 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TiIdhEdwaeo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TiIdhEdwaeo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

tsiguy96
07-04-2011, 04:16 PM
who in gods name would actually want to be present when a friend is shooting fireworks out of his ass, much less be present for when its happening?

ICON
07-04-2011, 04:26 PM
who in gods name would actually want to be present when a friend is shooting fireworks out of his ass, much less be present for when its happening?

If this guy thinks their his friends lets hope he doesn't make any enemies.

oubronco
07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Whistler bottle rocket fired out of a tent pole. Use to spend summers in Detroit as a kid having bottle rocket wars. Good times.

Same here! we used to have awesome wars, those were good times

That One Guy
07-04-2011, 05:24 PM
It doesn't get more 4th of Julyish than Roman Candles.

houghtam
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Well I probably shouldn't go into the specifics on the internet, let's just say lots and lots of the red, green and blue sparklers (not the gold ones, those don't work as well).:devil:

gunns
07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
As a kid I liked the firecrackers and snakes. Our state just changed laws so that there are more legal fireworks. Bottle rockerts are still out, as our firecrackers(?). But we bought one with 300 missles. That was great, we were shocked. People across the street were clapping. Unless we went to Wyoming we didn't see stuff like that.

Archer81
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Due to fire restrictions for the last three fourth of July's, fireworks are things I see on TV, and thus have a limited impact.

Stupid droughts.

:Broncos:

That One Guy
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Due to fire restrictions for the last three fourth of July's, fireworks are things I see on TV, and thus have a limited impact.

Stupid droughts.

:Broncos:

We solved our entire drought in the last week here. All the reservoirs have filled and water restrictions will probably end soon. It's awesome.

Last time I was in Colorado trying to make a fire, they fussed because we were trying to do hot dogs over a little camp fire. Gay.

tsiguy96
07-04-2011, 08:47 PM
We solved our entire drought in the last week here. All the reservoirs have filled and water restrictions will probably end soon. It's awesome.

Last time I was in Colorado trying to make a fire, they fussed because we were trying to do hot dogs over a little camp fire. Gay.

rain was nonstop for like a week, killed all my papers!

That One Guy
07-04-2011, 08:52 PM
rain was nonstop for like a week, killed all my papers!

Killed your papers?

It F'd two dive trips for me this weekend but got us good fireworks show so... so be it. With the lightning we've had, it could be said we had fireworks all week.

Cmac821
07-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Droughts made possessing, selling, buying and using fire crackers illegal here.

tsiguy96
07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Killed your papers?

It F'd two dive trips for me this weekend but got us good fireworks show so... so be it. With the lightning we've had, it could be said we had fireworks all week.

that made not a damn bit of sense, i guess. it killed my peppers, not papers. i live in an apt so all i grow in is a homemade planter thats got 6 pepper plants in it, and i think they all basically died.

true on the lightning, its crazy down here. how long does rainy season last here? looking forward to november-may again.

cutthemdown
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
The golden flowers. We would drive a nail down the side of them to make them fly into the air.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2011, 09:04 AM
The ones that aren't combustible, flammable, or within 1000 miles of us.

Sincerely

Los Alamos, NM and surrounding areas

Garcia Bronco
07-05-2011, 09:25 AM
My favorites are the ones that never leave the fireworks stand and get shipped back from where they came from.

Kaylore
07-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Yeah I've been there. We would drive to Wyoming, buy a bunch of crap, and then come back and try and light each other on fire.

broncocalijohn
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM

Congratulations! Your fireworks burned 1000 of buildings and now look what Detroit has become. All because YOU had to shoot off fireworks.
It sucks for kids now where I live as our city banned fireworks. Best for me as a kid was Piccolo Petes. Take off the stand and about 60% down from the wick, hammer a nice dent. Light that baby on fire and watch it scream across your street chasing you and your friends and then blow up. Pure awesome!

broncocalijohn
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
My favorites are the ones that never leave the fireworks stand and get shipped back from where they came from.

They become arsenal for the French Army.

alkemical
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Napalm.

broncocalijohn
07-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Napalm.

It does have a nice smell to it.