PDA

View Full Version : Killer in your frig"...

baja
07-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Killer in your Fridge - important warning

Heard of this before and just recently got a warning about  poisonous formaldehyde which has been long known and why many avoid certain beverages and food with it. There are so many chemicals in our food supply its frightening. Geez!  

If it says 'SUGAR FREE' on the label; DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

I have spent several days lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE on 'ASPARTAME,' marketed as 'Nutra sweet Sweet,' 'Equal,' and 'Spoonful.'

In the keynote address by the EPA, it was announced that in the United States in 2001 there is an epidemic of multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. It was difficult to determine exactly what toxin was causing this to be rampant. I stood up and said that I was there to lecture on exactly that subject.

I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous: When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus.

Many people were being diagnosed in error. Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, Methanol toxicity is!

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers.

The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition. We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas.

In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss re- turned and hearing loss improved markedly.

This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia. During a lecture, I said, 'If you are using ASPARTAME (NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs,
Cramps,
Vertigo,
Dizziness,
Headaches,
Tinnitus,
Joint pain,
Unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!' People were jumping up during the lecture saying,'I have some of these symptoms. Is it reversible?'

Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
STOP drinking diet sodas and be alert for Aspartame on food labels! Many products are fortified with it! This is a serious problem. Dr. Espart (one of my speakers) remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice; a nurse stated that six of her friends, who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This is beyond coincidence!
Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates.

It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight!

These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs. Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin and is used primarily to preserve 'tissue specimens.'

Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it IN our body!

Dr. H. J. Roberts stated in his lectures that once free of the 'diet products' and with no significant increase in exercise; his patients lost an average of 19 pounds over a trial period.

Aspartame is especially dangerous for diabetics. We found that some physicians, who believed that they had a patient with retinopathy, in fact, had symptoms caused by Aspartame. The Aspartame drives the blood sugar out of control. Thus diabetics may suffer acute memory loss due to the fact that aspartic acid and phenylalanine are NEUROTOXIC when taken without the other amino acids necessary for a good balance.

Treating diabetes is all about BALANCE. Especially with diabetics, the Aspartame passes the blood/brain barrier and it then deteriorates the neurons of the brain; causing various levels of brain damage, Seizures, Depression, Manic depression, Panic attacks, Uncontrollable anger and rage.

Consumption of Aspartame causes these same symptoms in non-diabetics as well. Documentation and observation also reveal that thousands of children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD have had complete turnarounds in their behavior when these chemicals have been removed from their diet.

So called 'behavior modification prescription drugs' (Ritalin and others) are no longer needed.Truth be told, they were never NEEDED in the first place!

Most of these children were being 'poisoned' on a daily basis with the very foods that were 'better for them than sugar.'

It is also suspected that the Aspartame in thousands of pallets of diet Coke and diet Pepsi consumed by men and women fighting in the Gulf War, may be partially to blame for the well-known Gulf War Syndrome.

Dr. Roberts warns that it can cause birth defects, i.e. mental retardation, if taken at the time of conception and during early pregnancy. Children are expecially ar risk for neurological disorders and shouldNEVER be given artificial sweeteners.

There are many different case histories to relate of children suffering grand mal seizures and other neurological disturbances talking about a plague of neurological diseases directly caused by the use of this deadly poison.'

Herein lies the problem: There were Congressional Hearings when Aspartame was included in 100 different products and strong ob-jection was made concerning its use. Since this initial hearing, there have been two subsequent hearings, and still nothing has been done. The drug and chemical lobbies have very deep pockets.

Sadly, MONSANTO'S patent on Aspartame has EXPIRED! There are now over 5,000 products on the market that contain this deadly chemical and there will be thousands more introduced. Everybody wants a 'piece of the Aspartame pie.'

I assure you that MONSANTO, the creator of Aspartame, knows how deadly it is.

And isn't it ironic that MONSANTO funds, among others, the American Diabetes Association, the American Dietetic Association and the Conference of the American College of Physicians?

This has been recently exposed in the New York Times. These [organizations] cannot criticize any additives or convey their link to MONSANTO because they take money from the food industry and are required to endorse their products.

Senator Howard Metzenbaum wrote and presented a bill that would require label warnings on products containing Aspartame, especially regarding pregnant women, children and infants.

The bill would also institute independent studies on the known dangers and the problems existing in the general population regarding seizures, changes in brain chemistry, neurological changes and behavioral symptoms.
The bill was killed.
It is known that the powerful drug and chemical lobbies are responsible for this, letting loose the hounds of disease and death on an unsuspecting and uninformed public. Well, you're informed now!
If you forward this correspondence, PLEASE
Delete the forwarding history, which includes my 
email address! It's a courtesy to me and others 
who may not wish to have their email addresses
sent all over the world!
Erasing the history helps prevent Spammers from
mining addresses and VIRUSES from being
propagated. Use Bcc when sending to more
than one person.
Thank you.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 11:33 PM
If you forward this correspondence, PLEASE
Delete the forwarding history, which includes my
email address! It's a courtesy to me and others
who may not wish to have their email addresses
sent all over the world!
Erasing the history helps prevent Spammers from
mining addresses and VIRUSES from being
propagated. Use Bcc when sending to more
than one person.
Thank you.

If only this could be done here. For what it is worth, I try to stay away from sodas as much as possible except this last week. Anything High fructose is going to attack your teeth and then you can be ready for your root canal. As for Aspartame, I spoon feed it to my two boys as I was told it will make them stronger. Have it in children's liquid form too. I think you are wrong Baja.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:40 PM
You should watch King Corn. High Fruticose Corn Syrup is the root cause for obesity in the US and that's only the beginning.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:41 PM
If only this could be done here. For what it is worth, I try to stay away from sodas as much as possible except this last week. Anything High fructose is going to attack your teeth and then you can be ready for your root canal. As for Aspartame, I spoon feed it to my two boys as I was told it will make them stronger. Have it in children's liquid form too. I think you are wrong Baja.

I really hope you don't really do that.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-02-2011, 11:42 PM
You'll have to pry my diet soda from my formaldehyde preserved dead hands. The pleasing chemical toxicity is half of the point.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
You'll have to pry my diet soda from my formaldehyde preserved dead hands. The pleasing chemical toxicity is half of the point.

I assumed you wanted to grow old and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I assumed you wanted to grow old and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Without a cold diet dr pepper? F that.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:45 PM

You enjoy research do some checking on Aspertime

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I really hope you don't really do that.

Yes, I have heard nothing but good things about it. I think you are giving me scare tactics on it. My 8 year old is only 58 pounds and I hope this will help him to gain that needed weight. My doctor recommended it because he stated his brother in law works with Aspartame and he likes what it does.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-02-2011, 11:46 PM
If there is an illness caused by aspartame I'm already f--ked. So chug em if you got em.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes, I have heard nothing but good things about it. I think you are giving me scare tactics on it. My 8 year old is only 58 pounds and I hope this will help him to gain that needed weight. My doctor recommended it because he stated his brother in law works with Aspartame and he likes what it does.

I recommend you Do some research

Dr. Broncenstein
07-02-2011, 11:51 PM
The only problem I've encountered with diet dr pepper is that it makes you hungry.... For more diet dr pepper.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I recommend you Do some research

Baja, dont try to scare me with voodoo science before I go to bed. I would like to think I got some really good info from my doctor and he would not lie to me.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:55 PM
The only problem I've encountered with diet dr pepper is that it makes you hungry.... For more diet dr pepper.

Sugar cane is the preferred sweetener for soft drinks. I rarely drink soft drinks but if I do it's sugar cane sweetened coke. Mexico still makes it but it's hard to find.

baja
07-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Baja, dont try to scare me with voodoo science before I go to bed. I would like to think I got some really good info from my doctor and he would not lie to me.

I'm not trying to scare you only inform you. Don't believe me, do your research.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM

If you want the ultimate soda syrups, go to Pei Wei and go with the Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper. So many flavors at the touch of the button. Cherry is outstanding too. Pretty much aspartame galore. I just don't like the high fructose but sometimes you got to go for it. Plus, if you just drink the diet ones, those are not so bad for you. Afterall, it doesn't say regular but DIET.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Sugar cane is the preferred sweetener for soft drinks. I rarely drink soft drinks but if I do it's sugar cane sweetened coke. Mexico still makes it but it's hard to find.

We can buy Mexico Coke up here with real sugar. I just hate when you get a bottle and they didnt clean it very well and there is some hoochie mamma's lip stick still on the rim of the opening.
Some damn tax ruined the USA from using real sugar. Plus, high fructose does taste really damn good!

Dr. Broncenstein
07-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Call me when they make bacon flavored diet dr pepper. It's perfect otherwise as it is. Delicious, refreshing, addictive, and now deadly poisonous pleasure from God.

DBroncos4life
07-03-2011, 12:04 AM
What will kill me first the 15 years of drinking or 3 years of sugar free monster?

broncocalijohn
07-03-2011, 12:07 AM
What will kill me first the 15 years of drinking or 3 years of sugar free monster?

Neither. 5 more months of Baja scaring the bejesus out of us.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-03-2011, 12:08 AM

You are going to die no matter what you do. I learned this in doctor surgeon skewl.

broncocalijohn
07-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Call me when they make bacon flavored diet dr pepper. It's perfect otherwise as it is. Delicious, refreshing, addictive, and now deadly poisonous pleasure from God.

They had bacon as Denny's food of the month club and it included Ice Cream with bacon on it. WTF? Then I heard the sizzling in the commercial and the deep voiced man describing it and it was like Matthew Macaughney describing beef. Purely outstanding. Add a little aspartame to that and I am totally in.

Mogulseeker
07-03-2011, 12:11 AM
1. I do try to stay away from food that is ****ty for you.... 12 tacos for 10 dollars at Taco Bell makes that very difficult, though.

2. I think anything in moderation is okay.... but limiting stuff like aspartame is probably a good idea. I'm still trying to figure out why the higher-smoking, higher-drinking Euros live longer than us. After doing policy research there, I think, anecdotally, that it has everything to do with significantly smaller portions. I didn't find that Europeans live healthier - quite the opposite actually. But their food is more natural - ie less chemicals. GMOs, BT corn, corn syrup, are illegal in Europe. They also tend to use real butter and olive oil rather than hydrogenated oils.

3. I golf with a cardiologist. He drinks diet coke out on the course.

Mogulseeker
07-03-2011, 12:13 AM
We can buy Mexico Coke up here with real sugar. I just hate when you get a bottle and they didnt clean it very well and there is some hoochie mamma's lip stick still on the rim of the opening.
Some damn tax ruined the USA from using real sugar. Plus, high fructose does taste really damn good!

How is that Mexican Coke?

DBroncos4life
07-03-2011, 12:15 AM
You are going to die no matter what you do. I learned this in doctor surgeon skewl.

I'm going to up, up, left, right, down, down B, A, Start the game of life!

Neither. 5 more months of Baja scaring the bejesus out of us.

This is true lol

baja
07-03-2011, 12:22 AM

http://thelongevitynowconference.com/dr.dave2.html

http://thelongevitynowconference.com/dr.dave2.html

Play2win
07-03-2011, 12:51 AM
High Fructose Corn Syrup is the new MSG.

Seriously, though, I avoid HFCS if at all possible. Would rather have real sugar, than HFCS or any zero cal substitutes.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-03-2011, 01:27 AM
They had bacon as Denny's food of the month club and it included Ice Cream with bacon on it. WTF? Then I heard the sizzling in the commercial and the deep voiced man describing it and it was like Matthew Macaughney describing beef. Purely outstanding. Add a little aspartame to that and I am totally in.

The only problem with bacon is that it makes you thirsty.... for more bacon.

worm
07-03-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm going to die from this?

Should I stop packing for my move out of the country to Mexico?

Bronco Yoda
07-03-2011, 01:54 AM
I guess I should tell the wife to stop buying this stuff by the pallet at Costco then?

IHaveALight
07-03-2011, 02:28 AM

Doctors are human. Just because they are doctors doesn't make them any less ignorant than anyone else. When you go to school you only learn what they teach you. They've been raised, trained and force fed information by a society that's number one goal is to make money. This whole industry is a complete disaster and total failure in my eyes.
These corporations such as Monsanto are in complete control. Not the consumer, not the doctors, not the department of health and not the government. They throw their money around to get whatever they want. And usually government officials working to set standards are former employees of these same companies and are probably still being paid under the table by such corporations.
There have been many drugs, chemicals, substances that at one point were thought to be harmless to only later be found deadly and removed from use.

One of the biggest issues with western medicine is that we study and treat the effect when in reality we should be studying and treating the cause. If we did this, we would find that the cause to all these increasing health issues is in fact what we're putting into our bodies. Chemicals, pesticides, toxins, growth hormones, genetically modified food and such.

Your boys are living organisms. They're growing the way they are supposed to, let nature be. Actually if you really want their growth to flourish the way it’s evolved to do, remove all the poisons you’re feeding them.

p.s. die die die monsanto :)

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 03:49 AM
High Fructose Corn Syrup is the new MSG.

Seriously, though, I avoid HFCS if at all possible. Would rather have real sugar, than HFCS or any zero cal substitutes.

except HFCS is actually terrible for you. im not even sure if terrible does it justice, especially chronically.

baja, just scanning your original post, i cant find a single referenced source for a single claim. in fact, if you actually do the research yourself instead of believing an email that you received, you would find that there isnt much research out there against aspartame, in terms of negative physiological reactions. it doesnt cause a change in blood glucose, doesnt cause cancer, has zero calories so it does not directly lead to weight gain. just typical baja BS.

Jay3
07-03-2011, 05:23 AM
It's ironic how aspartame got a foothold because a bunch of unfounded and excessive fears about saccharin were spread.

Meck77
07-03-2011, 05:36 AM
I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous:

Seems to be extensive research to prove otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

Baja your stress about death is going to kill you before anything else.

http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/stresshealth.htm

s0phr0syne
07-03-2011, 06:32 AM
One of the biggest issues with western medicine is that we study and treat the effect when in reality we should be studying and treating the cause.

:sunshine::spit::wave:

Pony Boy
07-03-2011, 08:44 AM

I've read that if you don't drink diet Dr Pepper it makes you want to move to Mexico and become a hermit and live in fear that the end of the world is near......

gunns
07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Being diabetic I gave up sodas as the diet sodas tasted like cough medicine, although diet Dr. Pepper does taste the best, closest to the original. If I have a need for a carbonated drink I drink Fresca. If I gave up everything that was supposed to kill me, I'd starve to death.

Pony Boy
07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Being diabetic I gave up sodas as the diet sodas tasted like cough medicine, although diet Dr. Pepper does taste the best, closest to the original. If I have a need for a carbonated drink I drink Fresca. If I gave up everything that was supposed to kill me, I'd starve to death.

I didn't like the taste at first but that has now reversed, I can't stand the taste of regular soda and now crave diet soda. I was hooked on diet coke but switched to diet dr pepper. I'm not a violent person but trust me there is hell to pay if you drink the last diet soda from my fidge.....

baja
07-03-2011, 09:22 AM

You may be the most obtuse person I know.

Information is power, use it ... Don't use it all the same to me.

It might come as a surprise to you but there are those here that appreciate this information I pass on, evidenced by the rep I get.

I would guess some here stress way more about my activity here than I ever do abtout them.

baja
07-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Google "dangers of aspartame" .

It will take you days to wade through the information.

Or in your case maybe it would be best to watch Dr Marcola's video given your difficulty with reading comprehension.

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Google "dangers of aspartame" .

It will take you days to wade through the information.

Or in your case maybe it would be best to watch Dr Marcola's video given your difficulty with reading comprehension.

forget google, try doing ACTUAL research, peer reviewed and all. i can find sites from google to tell me whatever i want it to.

heres a recap: there is nothing wrong with it. recent research says people who drink a lot of diet soda ie aspartame tend to be fatter than those who dont. this is NOT due to physiological reactions, its due to those people thinking they can compensate for the sugar in other ways.

HAT
07-03-2011, 09:44 AM
It might come as a surprise to you but there are those here that appreciate this information I pass on, evidenced by the rep I get.

MacGruder doesn't count.

IHaveALight
07-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Multimillion dollar corporations are in control of the industry. They are the ones that do all this research, they are the ones that market the information to us. And they tell us what we want to hear to keep us going about our lives like nothing’s wrong.

There is plenty of information out there that disputes the food industry. But it doesn't have the money to compete with them.

http://www.naturalnews.com/000908.html
http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/fda-from-corruption-to-tyranny/
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/36357
http://www.laleva.cc/food/food.html
http://www.gmwatch.org/latest-listing/1-news-items/11593-monsantos-history-of-lies-and-toxicity
Just to show a few.

I see you like wiki, if you go to aspartme in wiki you will find this.
Metabolism and phenylketonuria
Upon ingestion, aspartame breaks down into natural residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol,[21] and further breakdown products including formaldehyde[22] and formic acid, accumulation of the latter being suspected as the major cause of injury in methanol poisoning. Human studies show that formic acid is excreted faster than it is formed after ingestion of aspartate. In some fruit juices, higher concentrations of methanol can be found than the amount produced from aspartame in beverages.[9]

High levels of the naturally-occurring essential amino acid phenylalanine are a health hazard to those born with phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare inherited disease that prevents phenylalanine from being properly metabolized. Since individuals with PKU must consider aspartame as an additional source of phenylalanine, foods containing aspartame sold in the United States must state "Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine" on their product labels.[23]
Just a few weeks ago the government added formaldehyde as a carcinogen.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110611/ap_on_sc/us_cancer_chemicals

High levels, low levels, whatever the case may be, I'm not knowingly putting carcinogens in my body especially when it is totally unnecessary to do so.

gyldenlove
07-03-2011, 09:55 AM

The only reason diet Dr Pepper tastes like normal Dr Pepper is that normal Dr Pepper tastes like chemical waste.

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Multimillion dollar corporations are in control of the industry. They are the ones that do all this research, they are the ones that market the information to us. And they tell us what we want to hear to keep us going about our lives like nothing’s wrong.

There is plenty of information out there that disputes the food industry. But it doesn't have the money to compete with them.

http://www.naturalnews.com/000908.html
http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/fda-from-corruption-to-tyranny/
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/36357
http://www.laleva.cc/food/food.html
http://www.gmwatch.org/latest-listing/1-news-items/11593-monsantos-history-of-lies-and-toxicity
Just to show a few.

I see you like wiki, if you go to aspartme in wiki you will find this.

Just a few weeks ago the government added formaldehyde as a carcinogen.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110611/ap_on_sc/us_cancer_chemicals

High levels, low levels, whatever the case may be, I'm not knowingly putting carcinogens in my body especially when it is totally unnecessary to do so.

Shigeta H, Yoshida T, Nakai M, Mori H, Kano Y, Nishioka H, Kajiyama S, Kitagawa Y, Kanatsuna T, Kondo M, et al.

The effects of aspartame (L-aspartyl-L-phenylalanine methyl ester) on plasma glucose and insulin levels were investigated in diabetic rats and patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. The oral administration of 0.45 mg aspartame per 100g body weight, which is equivalent to 150 mg of glucose in sweetness, to streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats had no effect on the plasma glucose or insulin levels. Also, 225 mg oral aspartame loading, which is equivalent to 75 g of glucose in sweetness, to patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus did not increase plasma glucose or insulin levels, although 75 g of oral glucose loading increased plasma glucose and insulin levels in diabetic patients as expected. Aspartame ingestion for three days at a dose of 24-48 mg per day and the intake of snacks flavored with 240 mg of aspartame also did not increase fasting plasma glucose levels. These results suggest that acute administration of aspartame has no influence on plasma glucose or insulin levels in diabetic rats and patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.

Aspartame metabolism in normal adults, phenylketonuric heterozygotes, and diabetic subjects.

Filer LJ Jr, Stegink LD.

Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242.

This study reviews clinical studies testing the effects of various doses of aspartame on blood levels of phenylalanine, aspartate, and methanol in normal subjects and known phenylketonuric heterozygotes. The effect of aspartame on the phenylalanine-to-large neutral amino acid ratio under various feeding situations is shown. The clinical studies of aspartame in diabetic subjects are limited to observations of its effects on blood levels of glucose, lipids, insulin, and glucagon. These studies clearly demonstrate the safety of this high-intensity sweetener for use by humans.

Response to single dose of aspartame or saccharin by NIDDM patients.

Horwitz DL, McLane M, Kobe P.

Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago 60680.

Twelve normal subjects and 10 subjects with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus were given, in random order at intervals of greater than or equal to 1 wk, three drinks of the same beverage: one unsweetened, one sweetened with 400 mg aspartame, and one sweetened with 135 mg saccharin. The amount of sweetener approximated that in 1 L of sugar-free soft drink. Plasma glucose, insulin, and glucagon were measured for 3 h after ingestion of the test beverage. Plasma glucose declined slightly throughout the test period, probably due to fasting, with no differences between the three treatments. Neither sweetener affected peak insulin levels in subjects with or without diabetes. Analysis of area under the curve showed that mean insulin levels were statistically significantly higher after aspartame than after saccharin or unsweetened beverage in normal subjects only, but the magnitude of the difference was small and unlikely to be of physiological importance in the absence of differences in glucose levels. Furthermore, the differences could largely be accounted for by a decrease in insulin values after both unsweetened beverage and saccharin, with no change from baseline after aspartame. Glucagon levels showed time-to-time variation but no overall differences. We conclude that ingestion of aspartame- or saccharin-sweetened beverages by fasting subjects, with or without diabetes, did not affect blood glucose homeostasis.

Prospective study of aspartame-containing beverages and risk of hematopoietic and brain cancers

Unhee Lim, Amy F. Subar, Traci Mouw, Patricia Hartge, Lindsay M. Morton, Rachael Stolzenberg-Solomon, David S. Campbell, Albert R. Hollenbeck, Arthur Schatzkin. National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, Information Management Services, Inc., Silver Spring, MD, AARP, Washington, DC

A recent laboratory investigation found that female rats fed aspartame developed more lymphomas and leukemias than controls, in a dose-dependent manner, starting from a dose that may be relevant to human intake (as low as 20mg per kg body weight). Another study previously suggested a potential link to brain cancer based on an animal experiment and ecological correlations. We examined aspartame-containing beverage consumption in relation to incident hematopoietic and brain cancers among 340,045 men and 226,945 women aged 50-69 years in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. The self-administered baseline food frequency questionnaire queried regarding consumption frequency and "diet" type preference of three potentially aspartame-containing beverages (soda, fruit drinks, and iced tea) as well as aspartame added to coffee and hot tea. From the responses, we computed daily consumption of aspartame, taking into account aspartame content, portion size, and intake frequency of each beverage. Relative risks (RR) and 95% confidence intervals (CI) were estimated using Cox proportional hazards regression that adjusted for age, sex, ethnicity, body mass index (BMI: weight in kilograms / height in meters squared; 4 categories of >18.5 and <25, >25 and <30, >30 and <35, and >35), and history of diabetes and smoking. During up to 5 years of follow-up (1995-2000), histologically-confirmed hematopoietic cancers (N = 2,106) and brain cancers (N = 376) were ascertained by linkage with state cancer registry of eight study areas. Compared with no consumption of aspartame-containing beverages, increasing levels of consumption were not associated with any risk of overall hematopoietic cancer (adjusted RR for >600mg/day vs. none = 0.93, 95% CI = 0.72, 1.19, P trend = 0.75) or brain cancer (RR for >400mg/day vs. none = 0.74, 95% CI = 0.49, 1.13, P trend = 0.03), in men or women. The association remained null for main subtypes of lymphoid cancers (Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and multiple myeloma) and the non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes (small lymphocytic lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, immunoblastic lymphoma and lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia) and non-lymphoid leukemias reported in the previous animal study. These findings did not change materially with further adjustments for education, family history of cancer, physical activity, alcohol, caffeine, and other dietary and lifestyle risk factors. Our findings from this epidemiologic study suggest that consumption of aspartame-containing beverages does not raise the risk of hematopoietic or brain malignancies.

instead of googling "holistic medicine" websites to try and support your cause, try doing actual research on a subject before making bold and false claims. every study that im aware of has found negative consequences in rats, not in humans. hint: rats are not humans. the idiots who get headaches, nausea etc should consider cutting out caffeine, given that most drinks that use aspartame also use a high amount of caffeine.

Archer81
07-03-2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Snopes says its false. As does the FDA...

:Broncos:

Pony Boy
07-03-2011, 10:46 AM
The only reason diet Dr Pepper tastes like normal Dr Pepper is that normal Dr Pepper tastes like chemical waste.

Origial Dr Pepper was made to be served hot and you had one at 10 ,2 and 4 o'clock

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qq9hNTUbtiE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qq9hNTUbtiE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

IHaveALight
07-03-2011, 10:53 AM
instead of googling "holistic medicine" websites to try and support your cause, try doing actual research on a subject before making bold and false claims. every study that im aware of has found negative consequences in rats, not in humans. hint: rats are not humans. the idiots who get headaches, nausea etc should consider cutting out caffeine, given that most drinks that use aspartame also use a high amount of caffeine.

Oh I see, I’m so glad that you were a part of these research teams so that you can enlighten us on the situation. Oh wait, by research you mean you found that information on the internet just like I found my information? It’s highly likely that those experiments were funded by people profiting off of the use of aspartame. And on top of that, those examples really don’t say much.
One of the tests aspartame was administered for three days.
One of them shows the effects on blood levels of a few things.
One was done with 22 people over a course of a week. And all they’re really looking at is glucose and insulin levels.
And the other is a completely idiotic study. They surveyed over a half million people with cancer to try and figure out if aspartame contributed? All these people have been exposed to countless things in their life that could have caused their cancer and many probably contributed. Of course they couldn’t pin point aspartame as a cause.
I’ve never done any physical research on this and I don’t claim to know the absolute truth on the matter, because I don’t know it.
But this is what I do know.
1. We are evolved to eat living organisms, not manmade substances.
2. Aspartame becomes formaldehyde in the body.
3. Formaldehyde is known to cause cancer.
Believe what you want, I’ll pass on the aspartame.

worm
07-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I won't believe anything until I see it on twitter.

bowtown
07-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Anyone know what Ice Cube has to say about all this?

Archer81
07-03-2011, 11:03 AM

List of things that apparently cause cancer...

Acetaldehyde, acrylamide, acrylonitril, abortion, agent orange, alar, alcohol, air pollution, aldrin, alfatoxin, arsenic, arsine, asbestos, asphalt fumes, atrazine, AZT, baby food, barbequed meat, benzene, benzidine, benzopyrene, beryllium, beta-carotene, betel nuts, birth control pills, bottled water, bracken, bread, breasts, brooms, bus stations, calcium channel blockers, cadmium, candles, captan, carbon black, carbon tetrachloride, careers for women, casual sex, car fumes, celery, charred foods, cooked foods, chewing gum, Chinese food, Chinese herbal supplements, chips, chloramphenicol, chlordane, chlorinated camphene, chlorinated water, chlorodiphenyl, chloroform, cholesterol, low cholesterol, chromium, coal tar, coffee, coke ovens, crackers, creosote, cyclamates, dairy products, deodorants, depleted uranium, depression, dichloryacetylene, DDT, dieldrin, diesel exhaust, diet soda, dimethyl sulphate, dinitrotouluene, dioxin, dioxane, epichlorhydrin, ethyle acrilate, ethylene, ethilene dibromide, ethnic beliefs,ethylene dichloride, Ex-Lax, fat, fluoridation, flying, formaldehyde, free radicals, french fries, fruit, gasoline, genes, gingerbread, global warming, gluteraldehyde, granite, grilled meat, Gulf war, hair dyes, hamburgers, heliobacter pylori, hepatitis B virus, hexachlorbutadiene, hexachlorethane, high bone mass, hot tea, HPMA, HRT, hydrazine, hydrogen peroxide, incense, infertility, jewellery, Kepone, kissing, lack of exercise, laxatives, lead, left handedness, Lindane, Listerine, low fibre diet, magnetic fields, malonaldehyde, mammograms, manganese, marijuana, methyl bromide, methylene chloride, menopause, microwave ovens, milk hormones, mixed spices, mobile phones, MTBE, nickel, night lighting, night shifts, nitrates, not breast feeding, not having a twin, nuclear power plants, Nutrasweet, obesity, oestrogen, olestra, olive oil, orange juice, oxygenated gasoline, oyster sauce, ozone, ozone depletion, passive smoking, PCBs, peanuts, pesticides, pet birds, plastic IV bags, polio vaccine, potato crisps (chips), power lines, proteins, Prozac, PVC, radio masts, radon, railway sleepers, red meat, Roundup, saccharin, salt, sausage, selenium, semiconductor plants, shellfish, sick buildings, soy sauce, stress, strontium, styrene, sulphuric acid, sun beds, sunlight, sunscreen, talc, tetrachloroethylene, testosterone, tight bras, toast, toasters, tobacco, tooth fillings, toothpaste (with fluoride or bleach), train stations, trichloroethylene, under-arm shaving, unvented stoves, uranium, UV radiation, Vatican radio masts, vegetables, vinyl bromide, vinyl chloride, vinyl fluoride, vinyl toys, vitamins, vitreous fibres, wallpaper, weedkiller (2-4 D), welding fumes, well water, weight gain, winter, wood dust, work, x-rays.

Everyone better stay in doors. World is trying to kill you.

TheReverend
07-03-2011, 11:03 AM

Have you tried cherry coke zero? Best diet drink out there, imo

TheReverend
07-03-2011, 11:06 AM

Acetaldehyde, acrylamide, acrylonitril, abortion, agent orange, alar, alcohol, air pollution, aldrin, alfatoxin, arsenic, arsine, asbestos, asphalt fumes, atrazine, AZT, baby food, barbequed meat, benzene, benzidine, benzopyrene, beryllium, beta-carotene, betel nuts, birth control pills, bottled water, bracken, bread, breasts, brooms, bus stations, calcium channel blockers, cadmium, candles, captan, carbon black, carbon tetrachloride, careers for women, casual sex, car fumes, celery, charred foods, cooked foods, chewing gum, Chinese food, Chinese herbal supplements, chips, chloramphenicol, chlordane, chlorinated camphene, chlorinated water, chlorodiphenyl, chloroform, cholesterol, low cholesterol, chromium, coal tar, coffee, coke ovens, crackers, creosote, cyclamates, dairy products, deodorants, depleted uranium, depression, dichloryacetylene, DDT, dieldrin, diesel exhaust, diet soda, dimethyl sulphate, dinitrotouluene, dioxin, dioxane, epichlorhydrin, ethyle acrilate, ethylene, ethilene dibromide, ethnic beliefs,ethylene dichloride, Ex-Lax, fat, fluoridation, flying, formaldehyde, free radicals, french fries, fruit, gasoline, genes, gingerbread, global warming, gluteraldehyde, granite, grilled meat, Gulf war, hair dyes, hamburgers, heliobacter pylori, hepatitis B virus, hexachlorbutadiene, hexachlorethane, high bone mass, hot tea, HPMA, HRT, hydrazine, hydrogen peroxide, incense, infertility, jewellery, Kepone, kissing, lack of exercise, laxatives, lead, left handedness, Lindane, Listerine, low fibre diet, magnetic fields, malonaldehyde, mammograms, manganese, marijuana, methyl bromide, methylene chloride, menopause, microwave ovens, milk hormones, mixed spices, mobile phones, MTBE, nickel, night lighting, night shifts, nitrates, not breast feeding, not having a twin, nuclear power plants, Nutrasweet, obesity, oestrogen, olestra, olive oil, orange juice, oxygenated gasoline, oyster sauce, ozone, ozone depletion, passive smoking, PCBs, peanuts, pesticides, pet birds, plastic IV bags, polio vaccine, potato crisps (chips), power lines, proteins, Prozac, PVC, radio masts, radon, railway sleepers, red meat, Roundup, saccharin, salt, sausage, selenium, semiconductor plants, shellfish, sick buildings, soy sauce, stress, strontium, styrene, sulphuric acid, sun beds, sunlight, sunscreen, talc, tetrachloroethylene, testosterone, tight bras, toast, toasters, tobacco, tooth fillings, toothpaste (with fluoride or bleach), train stations, trichloroethylene, under-arm shaving, unvented stoves, uranium, UV radiation, Vatican radio masts, vegetables, vinyl bromide, vinyl chloride, vinyl fluoride, vinyl toys, vitamins, vitreous fibres, wallpaper, weedkiller (2-4 D), welding fumes, well water, weight gain, winter, wood dust, work, x-rays.

I was willing to cut that all out, but then I read "breasts"

Archer81
07-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Everyone alive anywhere on earth right now has cancer cells in their body. Unlucky people develop malignant tumors. Lucky ones either have a healthy immune system or the tumor is benign.

Carcinogens do not cause cancer. They lower the body's ability to fight off cancerous cells that already exist.

But as a famous doctor once said, no matter what you do you die anyway.

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh I see, I’m so glad that you were a part of these research teams so that you can enlighten us on the situation. Oh wait, by research you mean you found that information on the internet just like I found my information? It’s highly likely that those experiments were funded by people profiting off of the use of aspartame. And on top of that, those examples really don’t say much.
One of the tests aspartame was administered for three days.
One of them shows the effects on blood levels of a few things.
One was done with 22 people over a course of a week. And all they’re really looking at is glucose and insulin levels.
And the other is a completely idiotic study. They surveyed over a half million people with cancer to try and figure out if aspartame contributed? All these people have been exposed to countless things in their life that could have caused their cancer and many probably contributed. Of course they couldn’t pin point aspartame as a cause.
I’ve never done any physical research on this and I don’t claim to know the absolute truth on the matter, because I don’t know it.
But this is what I do know.

theres a difference between reading a random holistic website for your information and reading peer reviewed research. if you understood the purpose of research, nothing more than a 3 day study is needed to see if aspartame contributes to insulin spikes like many claim, which it does not. insulin is a fat storage hormone, which is a contributing factor to people eating high processed foods being so fat.

before you start making claims about stuff you dont know, back it up with sound research, not a random website discussing with no real proof of anything besides they say so.

you cant look at any positive research on the subject and dismiss it saying "its likely they were funded by the food companies". thats an ignorant argument and one made by people who arent open to listening to a real facts, and have their minds made up because they know better.

Pony Boy
07-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Diet Dr Pepper is next........

oubronco
07-03-2011, 12:15 PM
http://community.o2online.ie/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1032i4E0B9A47D8C51C43/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

2KBack
07-03-2011, 12:23 PM
You know what happens to people that live healthy...

...they die healthy.

baja
07-03-2011, 04:21 PM
You know what happens to people that live healthy...

...they die healthy.

That would be better that being sick and tired for years I would think....

IHaveALight
07-03-2011, 06:00 PM
theres a difference between reading a random holistic website for your information and reading peer reviewed research. if you understood the purpose of research, nothing more than a 3 day study is needed to see if aspartame contributes to insulin spikes like many claim, which it does not. insulin is a fat storage hormone, which is a contributing factor to people eating high processed foods being so fat.

before you start making claims about stuff you dont know, back it up with sound research, not a random website discussing with no real proof of anything besides they say so.

you cant look at any positive research on the subject and dismiss it saying "its likely they were funded by the food companies". thats an ignorant argument and one made by people who arent open to listening to a real facts, and have their minds made up because they know better.

First of all I haven’t once claimed that aspartame contributes to insulin spikes. That isn’t my argument at all, but thanks for assuming that. It’s nice though, you show me 3 studies that were performed on a very few amount of people and only for short term effects, and they all say it doesn’t affect insulin levels. Personally I would prefer a lot more research done then that on any foreign substances that I’m going to put in my body. But I’ll buy it. Aspartame doesn’t affect insulin levels, I can agree with that. After all it’s an artificial sweetener, why would it affect us the same way a real sweetener would?

So now because of that it’s safe? There’s a million other destructive things that aspartame can be doing to the body then affecting insulin. I suppose I could drink some lead paint for a few days and that wouldn’t affect my insulin levels either. Must be safe, cheers!

Who’s not open minded here? I have reviewed the information you provided and I have ridiculed, questioned and even accepted some of that information. What have you said here other then “these studies were done so they’re facts” and “random holistic websites are no place to gather information”?

Here’s another article for you not to read and just blow off due to it coming from a crack pot holistic site.

http://www.newswithviews.com/NWVexclusive/exclusive15.htm

This part of it I find very interesting...
Since its discovery in 1965, controversy has raged over the health risks associated with the sugar substitute. From laboratory testing of the chemical on rats, researchers have discovered that the drug induces brain tumors. On Sept 30, 1980 the Board of Inquiry of the FDA concurred and denied the petition for approval.
In 1981, the newly appointed FDA Commissioner, Arthur Hull Hayes, ignored the negative ruling and approved aspartame for dry goods. As recorded in the Congressional Record of 1985, then CEO of Searle Laboratories Donald Rumsfeld said that he would "call in his markers" to get aspartame approved. Rumsfeld was on President Reagan's transition team and a day after taking office appointed Hayes. No FDA Commissioner in the previous sixteen years had allowed aspartame on the market.
Dr. Betty Martini has worked in the medical field for 22 years. She is the founder of Mission Possible International, working with doctors around the world in an effort to remove aspartame from food, drinks and medicine. According to Dr. Martini, aspartame has brought more complaints to the American Food and Drug Administration than any other additive and is responsible for 75% of such complaints to that agency. From 10,000 consumer complaints FDA compiled a list of 92 symptoms, including death.
The history of aspartame and its approval has a political history as well as a scientific one. According to Dr. Martini,
"When Donald Rumsfeld was CEO of Searle, that conglomerate manufactured aspartame. For 16 years the FDA refused to approve it, not only because its not safe but because they wanted the company indicted for fraud. Both U.S. Prosecutors hired on with the defense team and the statute of limitations expired. They were Sam Skinner and William Conlon. Skinner went on to become Secretary of Transportation squelching the cries of the pilots who were now having seizures on this seizure triggering drug, aspartame, and then Chief of Staff under President Bush's father. Some of these people reach high places. Even Supreme Justice Clarence Thomas is a former Monsanto attorney. (Monsanto bought Searle in 1985, and sold it a few years ago). When Ashcroft became Attorney General, Thompson from King and Spalding Attorneys (another former Monsanto attorney) became deputy under Ashcroft. (Attorneys for NutraSweet and Coke).
"However, the FDA still refused to allow NutraSweet on the market. It is a deadly neurotoxic drug masquerading as an additive. It interacts with all antidepressants, L-dopa, Coumadin, hormones, insulin, all cardiac medication, and many others. It also is a chemical hyper sensitization drug so that it interacts with vaccines, other toxins, other unsafe sweeteners like Splenda which has a chlorinated base like DDT and can cause auto immune disease. It has a synergistic and additive effect with MSG. Both being excitotoxins, the aspartic acid in aspartame, and MSG, the glutamate people were found using aspartame as the placebo for MSG studies, even before it was approved. The FDA has known this for a quarter of a century and done nothing even though its against the law. Searle went on to build a NutraSweet factory and had $9 million worth of inventory.
"Donald Rumsfeld was on President Reagan's transition team and the day after he took office he appointed an FDA Commissioner who would approve aspartame. The FDA set up a Board of Inquiry of the best scientists they had to offer who said aspartame is not safe and causes brain tumors, and the petition for approval is hereby revoked. The new FDA Commissioner, Arthur Hull Hayes, over-ruled that Board of Inquiry and then went to work for the PR Agency of the manufacturer, Burson-Marstellar, rumored at $1000.00 a day, and has refused to talk to the press ever since.
"There were three congressional hearings because of the outcry of the people being poisoned. Senator Orrin Hatch refused to allow hearings for a long time. The first hearing was in 1985, and Senator Hatch and others were paid by Monsanto. So the bill by Senator Metzenbaum never got out of committee. This bill would have put a moratorium on aspartame, and had the NIH do independent studies on the problems being seen in the population, interaction with drugs, seizures, what it does to the fetus and even behavioral problems in children. This is due to the depletion of serotonin caused by the phenylalanine in aspartame."
Yeah big ****ing surprise here. For years the FDA commissioners won’t approve aspartame then Donald Rumsfeld CEO of GD Searle (makers of aspartame and company that later becomes Monsanto) is a part of Regan’s staff when Regan hires the man that finally approves it. And then shortly after, Arthur gets a high paying gig with Burson-Marstellar which just so happens to be the PR firm for GD Searle and Monsanto.

Since only studies are truth for you, here’s a study from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.

http://www.uthscsa.edu/hscnews/singleformat2.asp?newID=1539

Here’s some more holistic information for you to right off without even reading it.

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

Here are some more rather alarming associations between the people that are supposed to protect us from chemicals and the people who make such chemicals.

http://www.care2.com/news/member/471046224/1155574

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 06:15 PM
First of all I haven’t once claimed that aspartame contributes to insulin spikes. That isn’t my argument at all, but thanks for assuming that. It’s nice though, you show me 3 studies that were performed on a very few amount of people and only for short term effects, and they all say it doesn’t affect insulin levels. Personally I would prefer a lot more research done then that on any foreign substances that I’m going to put in my body. But I’ll buy it. Aspartame doesn’t affect insulin levels, I can agree with that. After all it’s an artificial sweetener, why would it affect us the same way a real sweetener would?

So now because of that it’s safe? There’s a million other destructive things that aspartame can be doing to the body then affecting insulin. I suppose I could drink some lead paint for a few days and that wouldn’t affect my insulin levels either. Must be safe, cheers!

Who’s not open minded here? I have reviewed the information you provided and I have ridiculed, questioned and even accepted some of that information. What have you said here other then “these studies were done so they’re facts” and “random holistic websites are no place to gather information”?

Here’s another article for you not to read and just blow off due to it coming from a crack pot holistic site.

http://www.newswithviews.com/NWVexclusive/exclusive15.htm

This part of it I find very interesting...

Yeah big ****ing surprise here. For years the FDA commissioners won’t approve aspartame then Donald Rumsfeld CEO of GD Searle (makers of aspartame and company that later becomes Monsanto) is a part of Regan’s staff when Regan hires the man that finally approves it. And then shortly after, Arthur gets a high paying gig with Burson-Marstellar which just so happens to be the PR firm for GD Searle and Monsanto.

Since only studies are truth for you, here’s a study from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.

http://www.uthscsa.edu/hscnews/singleformat2.asp?newID=1539

Here’s some more holistic information for you to right off without even reading it.

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

Here are some more rather alarming associations between the people that are supposed to protect us from chemicals and the people who make such chemicals.

http://www.care2.com/news/member/471046224/1155574

whats funny is the very "study" you posted completely discredits your entire view. read it again, the diet soda does not directly cause a physiological change in your body, the person drinking it however may feel like they are free to eat other terrible foods such as doughnuts because they have cut the sugar out of their soft drink. that has nothing to do with the diet soda itself, rather the person who cannot adhere to a real diet.

the approval or disproval of aspartame as an FDA accepted sweetener is irrelevant to the point of what it does and does not do to your body. your right, i will not accept a crack-pot holistic site as much as i will a peer reviewed, researched article on the effects of aspartame on the body. i am open minded in that if there was real evidence to take into account when deciding whether to consume aspartame or not, i will most definitely take note. no such evidence has been proven in human subjects.

again:

Methods: We examined 285,079 men and 188,905 women ages 50 to 71 years in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study cohort. Daily aspartame intake was derived from responses to a baseline self-administered food frequency questionnaire that queried consumption of four aspartame-containing beverages (soda, fruit drinks, sweetened iced tea, and aspartame added to hot coffee and tea) during the past year. Histologically confirmed incident cancers were identified from eight state cancer registries. Multivariable-adjusted relative risks (RR) and 95% confidence intervals (CI) were estimated using Cox proportional hazards regression that adjusted for age, sex, ethnicity, body mass index, and history of diabetes.

Results: During over 5 years of follow-up (1995-2000), 1,888 hematopoietic cancers and 315 malignant gliomas were ascertained. Higher levels of aspartame intake were not associated with the risk of overall hematopoietic cancer (RR for ≥600 mg/d, 0.98; 95% CI, 0.76-1.27), glioma (RR for ≥400 mg/d, 0.73; 95% CI, 0.46-1.15; P for inverse linear trend = 0.05), or their subtypes in men and women.

Conclusions: Our findings do not support the hypothesis that aspartame increases hematopoietic or brain cancer risk. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006;15(9):1654–9)

this isnt crackpot research, and while not conclusive, is far more accepted than holisticmed.com. the national cancer institute has no reason to forge a study just to make a few happy.

IHaveALight
07-03-2011, 06:41 PM
read it again, the diet soda does not directly cause a physiological change in your body, the person drinking it however may feel like they are free to eat other terrible foods such as doughnuts because they have cut the sugar out of their soft drink.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my view, I haven't disputed that once.

Care to provide a link to your set in stone, infallible, undisputable cancer research?

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 06:49 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with my view, I haven't disputed that once.

Care to provide a link to your set in stone, infallible, undisputable cancer research?

read my entire post

IHaveALight
07-03-2011, 07:08 PM
read my entire post

There's no link in your post bud.

Houshyamama
07-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been posted:

tsiguy96
07-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been posted:

dont let facts get in the way of unsubstantiated fear tactics

GreatBronco16
07-03-2011, 08:25 PM
So now I have to stop drinking my cokes?

Piss on that ****.

baja
07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/04/can-eating-this-common-grain-cause-psychiatric-problems.aspx

baja
07-04-2011, 12:50 AM
http://powerplate.mercola.com/

baja
07-04-2011, 01:02 AM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/04/vaccines-and-liberty-let-freedom-ring.aspx

NUB
07-04-2011, 01:04 AM
I think cutting sodas out of your diet by itself will help tons.

*is drinking a Dr. Pepper*

Archer81
07-04-2011, 01:28 AM
You only live this life once. Spoiler: No one gets out alive.

NUB
07-04-2011, 01:37 AM
When I'm dying I'm sure I will care a whole lot that I ate bad foods. When I'm dead I think I will be cool with it.

baja
07-04-2011, 06:56 AM
You might think differently if you are wracked with endless pain form some un nessusary disease for years. Or find yourself on your death bed with much of your expected life unlived.

broncocalijohn
07-04-2011, 02:06 PM
You might think differently if you are wracked with endless pain form some un nessusary disease for years. Or find yourself on your death bed with much of your expected life unlived.

Then hopefully the doc will give him some Diet Dr Pepper to ease the pain. Diet Dr Pepper with Bacon will ease the pain and add a few more weeks to his lifespan.

IHaveALight
07-04-2011, 03:19 PM
This is the kind of health and vibrance I want when I'm 70.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdeC3OJJIzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mhgaffney
07-04-2011, 08:33 PM
It was Rumsfeld who used his sharp elbows to muscle through FDA approval for aspartame.

I always check labels. This stuff will kill you. And thanks to our corrupt system it's perfectly legal.

Houshyamama
07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
It was Rumsfeld who used his sharp elbows to muscle through FDA approval for aspartame.

I always check labels. This stuff will kill you. And thanks to our corrupt system it's perfectly legal.

Are you saying you want it to go back to the way it used to be? Or are you lamenting human greed in general? There is no such thing as a perfect system.

Cito Pelon
07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I think I'll pass on the aspertame.

baja
07-05-2011, 01:26 AM
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji

ZachKC
07-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Retards and their inboxes.

jhns
07-05-2011, 07:19 AM

You and baja are idiots. This stuff wasn't even around a century ago. This stuff is used far more now than ever before. We live longervnow than we ever did before. This crap about everything we eat is killing us just doesn't make sense.

I like the pattern of threads though.

1: The government is taking our freedoms! We need to revolt!

2: The government needs to restrict what we do! I can't believe they allow these freedoms!

Can we at least try to be consistent?

Chris
07-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Haven't touched the tame and never will. It's banned in Europe for a reason.

alkemical
07-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Haven't touched the tame and never will. It's banned in Europe for a reason.

I cut out all white sugars and artificial sweeteners a while ago.

baja
07-05-2011, 07:51 AM
I suppose the verity of responses in this thread are an example of the human gene pool policing it self.

alkemical
07-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Does Diet Soda Make You Fat?
from mental_floss Blog by Meghan Holohan
(http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/92905)
The Internet has helped rumors about aspartame become more exaggerated—it’s been said to cause seizures, lupus, autism, Gulf War syndrome (huh?) and more. But researchers from School of Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio report that diet soda with aspartame causes health problems unrelated to chain emails. Consuming aspartame is linked to increased waistlines, which contributes to a host of medical problems. Longtime aspartame consumption also contributes to insulin resistance.

Researchers from San Antonio Health Science Center looked at data from 474 participants in the San Antonio Longitudinal Study of Aging (SALSA). When subjects enrolled in SALSA, researchers recorded their height, weight, waist circumference, and diet soda intake. Over the next decade, researchers conducted follow-up exams and compared diet soda drinkers to non-diet soda drinkers. Diet soda drinkers saw a 70 percent increase in waist circumference (compared to non-diet soda drinkers). Users who consumed two or more diet sodas a day saw their waistlines increase 500 percent more than the non-diet soft drinking group. Excessive abdominal fat correlates with a higher risk of diabetes and also increases the chances of diseases such as colorectal cancer or high blood pressure.

“These results suggest that, amidst the national drive to reduce consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks, policies that would promote the consumption of diet soft drinks may have unintended deleterious effects,” the researchers wrote. They presented their findings at the American Diabetes Association’s Scientific Sessions.

In a separate study, researchers looked at how aspartame influenced mice’s fasting glucose levels. Typically, a person’s glucose level is lowest after eight hours of fasting and doctors sometimes test the amount of glucose in the blood at this time to determine diabetes. The researchers, also from San Antonio, fed two groups of mice chow—both varieties included corn oil, but one had aspartame. After three months of guzzling sweetened, fatty chow, the mice in the aspartame group showed increased level of fasting blood glucose and diminished insulin levels, which indicates early decline in pancreatic beta cell function. Beta cells produce insulin, which naturally regulates blood glucose. Faulty beta cells negatively impacts insulin production, leading to Type II diabetes.

IHaveALight
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Dr. Oz just tweeted out a link to this story...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20075358-10391704.html?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea

For one study, researchers at the center followed 474 diet soda drinkers, 65 to 74 years of age, for almost 10 years. They found that diet soda drinkers' waists grew 70 percent more than non-drinkers. Specifically, drinking two or more diet sodas a day busted belt sizes five times more than people who avoided the stuff entirely.

And as waist size grows, so do health risks - including diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions.

Just how does diet soda make you fat? The other study may hold the answer. In it, researchers divided mice into two groups, one of which ate food laced with the popular sweetener aspartame. After three months, the mice eating aspartame-chow had higher blood sugar levels than the mice eating normal food. The authors said in a written statement their findings could "contribute to the associations observed between diet soda consumption and the risk of diabetes in humans."

But how?

"Artificial sweeteners could have the effect of triggering appetite but unlike regular sugars they don't deliver something that will squelch the appetite," Sharon Fowler, obesity researcher at UT Health Science Center at San Diego and a co-author on both of these studies, told the Daily Mail. She also said sweeteners could inhibit brain cells that make you feel full.

:thanku:

Chris
07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
It's pretty simple... don't consume chemicals.

baja
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Dr. Oz just tweeted out a link to this story...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20075358-10391704.html?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea

:thanku:

screw you dude. I'm a red blooded American and it's my right to drink what ever I want. Besides the FDA says it's OK and they are there to protect me. I trust my government and would never question anything they do. In fact if you don't like our government get out of the country. America, Love it of leave it.

Never question anything dumb ass........

Do you even HAVE a flag?

tsiguy96
07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Does Diet Soda Make You Fat?
from mental_floss Blog by Meghan Holohan
(http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/92905)
The Internet has helped rumors about aspartame become more exaggerated—it’s been said to cause seizures, lupus, autism, Gulf War syndrome (huh?) and more. But researchers from School of Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio report that diet soda with aspartame causes health problems unrelated to chain emails. Consuming aspartame is linked to increased waistlines, which contributes to a host of medical problems. Longtime aspartame consumption also contributes to insulin resistance.

Researchers from San Antonio Health Science Center looked at data from 474 participants in the San Antonio Longitudinal Study of Aging (SALSA). When subjects enrolled in SALSA, researchers recorded their height, weight, waist circumference, and diet soda intake. Over the next decade, researchers conducted follow-up exams and compared diet soda drinkers to non-diet soda drinkers. Diet soda drinkers saw a 70 percent increase in waist circumference (compared to non-diet soda drinkers). Users who consumed two or more diet sodas a day saw their waistlines increase 500 percent more than the non-diet soft drinking group. Excessive abdominal fat correlates with a higher risk of diabetes and also increases the chances of diseases such as colorectal cancer or high blood pressure.

“These results suggest that, amidst the national drive to reduce consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks, policies that would promote the consumption of diet soft drinks may have unintended deleterious effects,” the researchers wrote. They presented their findings at the American Diabetes Association’s Scientific Sessions.

In a separate study, researchers looked at how aspartame influenced mice’s fasting glucose levels. Typically, a person’s glucose level is lowest after eight hours of fasting and doctors sometimes test the amount of glucose in the blood at this time to determine diabetes. The researchers, also from San Antonio, fed two groups of mice chow—both varieties included corn oil, but one had aspartame. After three months of guzzling sweetened, fatty chow, the mice in the aspartame group showed increased level of fasting blood glucose and diminished insulin levels, which indicates early decline in pancreatic beta cell function. Beta cells produce insulin, which naturally regulates blood glucose. Faulty beta cells negatively impacts insulin production, leading to Type II diabetes.

wow, a study on mice that supposedly means more than the 5-6 studies on humans that measured the exact same thing and found no negative results...

ghwk
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM

Deep fried bacon is one of my favs ROFL!

ghwk
07-05-2011, 09:41 PM

Casual sex!! No! Say it isn't so! ROFL!

Archer81
07-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Casual sex!! No! Say it isn't so! ROFL!

I know. Apparently living will kill you and cause cancer. Possibly at the same time.

Archer81
07-06-2011, 02:28 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdeC3OJJIzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am sure just eating tofu and veggies is why she looks great. Her family history and genetics has nothing to do with it.

jhns
07-06-2011, 07:08 AM
America, Love it of leave it.

Exactly. Now, why are you still so worried about a country you hated enough to leave? I don't worry about what is hapening in Mexico...

IHaveALight
07-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I am sure just eating tofu and veggies is why she looks great. Her family history and genetics has nothing to do with it.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W_Ww7kGxspk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4UlfJwn9GIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jzNKEnkj3js" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IHaveALight
07-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (trailer)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x9SGWcZwk7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HAT
07-06-2011, 09:18 PM

You want to be an ugly blonde chick? To each their own I guess.....

tsiguy96
07-06-2011, 10:02 PM
someone find me a more credible source than youtube?

peer reviewed articles dont cut it, i need some backup!

IHaveALight
07-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (trailer)

Just finished watching this, it's on Netflix instant.
Wow very inspiring, I highly recommend it. Especially to anyone who is overweight and or suffering from any illness or disease.

That movie is flat out proof that nutrition is everything.

alkemical
07-07-2011, 08:25 AM
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11012915/1/cellulose-wood-pulp-never-tasted-so-good.html#

15 Food Companies That Serve You 'Wood'

Cellulose is virgin wood pulp that has been processed and manufactured to different lengths for functionality, though use of it and its variant forms (cellulose gum, powdered cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, etc.) is deemed safe for human consumption, according to the FDA, which regulates most food industry products. The government agency sets no limit on the amount of cellulose that can be used in food products meant for human consumption. The USDA, which regulates meats, has set a limit of 3.5% on the use of cellulose, since fiber in meat products cannot be recognized nutritionally.

Most surprising, said Inman, is that he's been able to remove as much as 50% of the fat from some cookies, biscuits, cakes and brownies by replacing it with powdered cellulose -- but still end up with a very similar product in terms of taste and appearance.

"We're only limited by our own imagination," Inman told TheStreet. "I would never have dreamed I could successfully put 18% fiber in a loaf of bread two years ago."

He said cellulose is common in processed foods, often labeled as reduced-fat or high-fiber -- products like breads, pancakes, crackers, pizza crusts, muffins, scrambled eggs, mashed potato mixes, and even cheesecake. Inman himself keeps a box of Wheat Thins Fiber Selects crackers, manufactured by Kraft Foods(KFT_)' Nabisco brand, at his desk, and snacks on them daily, clearly unmoved by the use of wood pulp in its ingredients.

"Most consumers would be shocked to find these types of filler products are used as substitutes for items that they believe are more pure," Yoshikami said. "We would expect increased disclosure to follow increased use of cellulose and other filler products as the practice increases in frequency."

IHaveALight
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
(NaturalNews) Aspartame, an artificial sweetener commercially known as Nutrasweet, Spoonful and Equal, has infiltrated the world market and has become almost as ubiquitous as the sugar it seeks to replace. From soda drinks to chewing gum, it offers a low-fat, low-calorie and no-sugar option enticing to diabetics and people who are trying to lose weight.

Strangely, diet products containing aspartame has been shown to actually cause weight gain, and the components that make up aspartame have also been found to be toxic in themselves. Why then, despite the numerous studies conducted on this substance finding it to have potentially harmful effects, is it still considered safe for human consumption?

Interview with Russell Blaylock

In an interview conducted by Betty Martini and Jon Baum over Personal Achievement Radio, Dr. Russell Blaylock, a respected neurosurgeon and author of the book "Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills," speaks about excitotoxins and shares his thoughts on why he believes aspartame is dangerous.

According to Dr. Blaylock, excitotoxins are substances that excite brain cells or neurons to the point of exhaustion and death. Normally, these substances act as transmitters, a substance allowing brain cells to relate with one another. However, these compounds are so harmful that the body keeps them in low concentrations. Anything that alters or increases these substances can cause neurodegeneration, degeneration of the spinal cord and the brain. Excitotoxins are normally found in plant substances, and, where most people are concerned, in food additives.

One of the components of NutraSweet or aspartame is aspartic acid, a powerful excitotoxin similar to glutamate. Moreover, phenylalanine, one of its components, an amino acid and a neurotoxin at high levels in the rain, has been known to cause seizures.

Dr. Blaylock goes on to add that what makes aspartame so dangerous is that it contains three neurotoxins: methanol, phenylalanine and aspartic acid. Methanol is a powerful neurotoxin whose exposure is carefully allowed by the EPA in minute levels in food and environmental exposure. Nutrasweet, however, provides levels that are seven times the amount the EPA will allow anyone to use. It's been known to produce blindness and cellular destruction in the brain and spinal cord, particularly the optic nerves.

Aspartic acid, on the other hand, produces cellular excitation. It
is an excitotoxin that causes cell death in the brain and significantly affects neural developments in
infants, resulting in behavioral changes and even hyperactivity in children. Phenylalanine, like aspartic acid, can also alter brain development during fetal formation and create a lowering of the seizure threshold.

Phenylalanine and aspartic acid are both well-recognized neurotoxins and according to Dr. Blaylock, three neurotoxins in one mix are just unbelievable.

Neurological side effects

Today, aspartame is found in over 6,000 products and consumed by 250 million people world wide. There has been more report for aspartame reactions to the FDA than all other food additives put together. In 1988, 80 percent of complaints to the FDA about food additives were aspartame related. After more than 8,000 complaints on the side effect of NutraSweet, the FDA released a list of 92 side effects associated with aspartame consumption.

This is without taking into account other findings that show what aspartame can cause:

Destruction of kidney function - In a study conducted by scientists from Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, it was discovered that subjects who drank more than two artificially sweetened beverages daily increased their risk of rapid kidney decline.

Headaches/migraines - In a study published in Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, it was discovered that ingestion of aspartame by those who suffer migraines caused a significant increase in headache frequency for some subjects.

Increase of hunger and body weight - In an article published in the UT Health Science Center, it was revealed that diet soft drink consumption seemed much more related to the chances of becoming more overweight or obese.

Increase of the risk of preterm delivery - In a study funded by the Center for Fetal Programming, Division of Epidemiology, a connection was discovered between the intake of artificially carbonated drinks and increased risk of preterm delivery.

Seizures and Convulsions - As early as 1987, a study was already conducted by Timothy Maher and Richard J. Wurtman who, through their work, discovered that aspartame potentially induces seizures.

Cancer - In a remarkably recent study conducted by the Ramazzini Institute, it was discovered that in rodents, aspartame was a carcinogenic agent in multiple sites with autopsies that showed a significant risk to lung and liver cancer.

Why is it still legal?

Laws were meant to protect people from harm. Despite this, the FDA has continued to ignore years of research pointing to aspartame's negative effects and continue to declare that aspartame is safe for use. This artificial sweetener openly sold in the market has caused many recorded health issues and was never tested in humans prior to its approval. We are now the unwitting subjects in a grand experiment whose results have long been foretold by the questionable way this additive came to be approved. It's about time we stop relying on the government and do our own thinking. Perhaps, if we are not complacent, we can choose not to be victims.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035242_aspartame_side_effects_neurological.html#ix zz1pDt1ngid

Rohirrim
03-15-2012, 03:26 PM
What does this have to do with Manning?

Fedaykin
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
You know what's even worse? The killer INSIDE YOU!

Your body produces, among many other nasty poisons, formaldehyde. Stop using your body! It will kill you!

Fedaykin
03-15-2012, 03:40 PM
<scary talk about the vils things aspartame can do>

Cancer - In a remarkably recent study conducted by the Ramazzini Institute, it was discovered that in rodents, aspartame was a carcinogenic agent in multiple sites with autopsies that showed a significant risk to lung and liver cancer.

See this is the problem with you nutters. You have no capacity for rational thought -- and it's trivial to fool you with scary things like the above.

You know how those rats got cancer? Because they were given massive doses of the substance. You'd have to drink thousands of sodas A DAY to get an equivalent dose.

Literally, you would die from WATER TOXICITY (or a ruptured stomach or the like) before you gave yourself a dangerous dose.

It's the DOSE that makes the poison.

Rohirrim
03-15-2012, 03:42 PM
The sun gives you cancer.

DENVERDUI55
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
It is put here by aliens to test on humans.

IHaveALight
03-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Only because of the toxins stored in your skin. ;)

broncocalijohn
03-16-2012, 12:00 AM

No way. The sun is my food resource and I can live off that for 60 years. Right Baja?

maher_tyler
03-16-2012, 12:09 AM
:giggle: Smart asses

baja
03-16-2012, 12:26 AM
No way. The sun is my food resource and I can live off that for 60 years. Right Baja?

Why would you stop at 60 years you can live 800+ years if you never pollute you biological system with toxic food.

Fedaykin
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Why would you stop at 60 years you can live 800+ years if you never pollute you biological system with toxic food.

Hilarious!

ZONA
03-16-2012, 02:49 AM
You should watch King Corn. High Fruticose Corn Syrup is the root cause for obesity in the US and that's only the beginning.

I don't think that stuff is any good for you at all, but I won't blame being fat on that alone. #1 reason why America is more fat today then 50 years ago is portion size and TV. It's true. People eat in 1 day enough calories to sustain a person for several days. And they don't get out and do much anymore. They're on the couch watching tube.

Fedaykin
03-16-2012, 03:21 AM
I don't think that stuff is any good for you at all, but I won't blame being fat on that alone. #1 reason why America is more fat today then 50 years ago is portion size and TV. It's true. People eat in 1 day enough calories to sustain a person for several days. And they don't get out and do much anymore. They're on the couch watching tube.

Lies! All our health problems are due to evil conspiracies. You know it's true.

alkemical
03-16-2012, 07:00 AM

That's part of the conspiracy.

“Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.“ –Henry Kissinger.

But back to Hi_Fructose:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100322121115.htm

There are effects of the way some of these sweeteners work with the body, that create problems.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/

A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain

Meck77
03-16-2012, 09:27 AM

Why stop at 800 years you can live 9,000+ years (in your own mind) if you smoke enough weed.

Oh and keep smoking those cigars. *hack* All the organics in the world won't save you from killing yourself with those.

DENVERDUI55
03-16-2012, 09:58 AM

That's why average life expectancy is a lot higher now than it was years ago before processed foods and all the toxic food was around right. Freaking lib whack jobs.

baja
03-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Why stop at 800 years you can live 9,000+ years (in your own mind) if you smoke enough weed.

Oh and keep smoking those cigars. *hack* All the organics in the world won't save you from killing yourself with those.

You used to be fun to toy with but your acute obtuseness has caused me to grow bored with you....

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Only because of the toxins stored in your skin. ;)

No. Because of the sun's ultraviolet radiation.

alkemical
03-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Magnets?

DENVERDUI55
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM

The new one is the chemicals in sunscreen give it to you.

alkemical
03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
The new one is the chemicals in sunscreen give it to you.

The heavy metals in deodorant & sunscreen can cause problems.

RaiderH8r
03-16-2012, 10:16 AM

Are you Dapper Dan man too?

alkemical
03-16-2012, 11:00 AM

That's how nicotine works too.

Ronnie Tsunami
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
*manning bump*

one man's quest to rid the first page of all excessive peyton related content