PDA

View Full Version : IHOP Gardener gets arrested again

serious hops
07-02-2011, 04:12 AM
In today's installment of news of the weird;

We noted in today’s one-liners that former NFL defensive lineman Daryl Gardener was arrested on the campus of the University of Central Florida, and ordinarily a story like that, about a player who’s been retired for almost a decade and who isn’t a big star, wouldn’t merit more than a mention in the one liners.

But the Gardener case has so many strange details that we’ll explore them in a little more detail.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the arrest took place in front of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority house at about 1:55 a.m. Tuesday. The 38-year-old Gardener and his girlfriend were both arrested for assaulting each other, and while the fact that the arrest took place at a sorority house might make you assume he was dating a young woman, his girlfriend is actually 49 years old.

Gardener claimed that his girlfriend threw a cologne bottle at him and hit him several times with a tire iron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/01/weird-details-abound-in-daryl-gardeners-arrest/

LOL

Ratboy
07-02-2011, 04:39 AM
**** him.

Dukes
07-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird this took place at a sorority? What the hell was he and his 50 yr old gf doing there?

serious hops
07-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird this took place at a sorority? What the hell was he and his 50 yr old gf doing there?

Either rushing, jell-o shots, or looking for pancakes?

TDmvp
07-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Either rushing, jell-o shots, or looking for pancakes?

http://www.thefatcontroller.co.uk/portfolio/albums/userpics/homer-drool-pancakes.jpg

Had to be pancakes ...

MOCRUSH
07-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Foo foo juice flung after frivolity at the FuBar Lounge followed by head butting and tire iron wielding at the sorority house...did someone forget a throat punch? Oh, arrest made before 2:00 am, IHOP was not operating at full capacity yet.

worm
07-02-2011, 09:06 AM
She was holding cologne and a tire iron???

SoCalBronco
07-02-2011, 10:26 AM
My heart pumps Nitro, too.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Gardner is ruining his chances for the USFL.

Gutless Drunk
07-02-2011, 12:32 PM

bombay
07-02-2011, 12:35 PM
There seem to be a lot of football/exfootball players being attacked by women with weapons this summer. Knives, guns, tire irons, etc. I guess that levels the playing field, as it were.

DomCasual
07-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I remember reading an article right after he came to Denver about how much money he spent on stuff. If I remember correctly, he was pretty much broke when he signed here. And some of the stuff he had spent money on up to that point were just outlandish. I wish I could find the article. The impression I got from it was that he just felt the money was never going to stop coming. His situation seemed completely depressing. Yet, he didn't seem all that concerned about it.

I don't get the sense that he's the sharpest tool in the shed, in other words.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 01:25 PM
There seem to be a lot of football/exfootball players being attacked by women with weapons this summer. Knives, guns, tire irons, etc. I guess that levels the playing field, as it were.

It only happens in Florida. Attack on boyfriends/husbands and German tourist.

Mogulseeker
07-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Gardner is pathetic.

This should at least put an end to Broncenstein's ragging about me being in a fraternity for 2 years at age 22-24.

Mogulseeker
07-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I remember reading an article right after he came to Denver about how much money he spent on stuff. If I remember correctly, he was pretty much broke when he signed here. And some of the stuff he had spent money on up to that point were just outlandish. I wish I could find the article. The impression I got from it was that he just felt the money was never going to stop coming. His situation seemed completely depressing. Yet, he didn't seem all that concerned about it.

I don't get the sense that he's the sharpest tool in the shed, in other words.

http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper36/OL21BRONX.jpg

broncocalijohn
07-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Gardner is pathetic.

This should at least put an end to Broncenstein's ragging about me being in a fraternity for 2 years at age 22-24.

someone had to buy the beer and make some money on it.

scorpio
07-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Nobody cares.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Gardner is pathetic.

:rofl:

Someone had to be old enough to for the beer runs.

DBroncos4life
07-02-2011, 06:13 PM
:rofl:

Someone had to be old enough to for the beer runs.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9592/dazedandconfused.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/dazedandconfused.jpg/)

I disagree...