PDA

View Full Version : What video game system do you play most often?

Kaylore
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
We've had this poll before, but it's been awhile so I wanted to check (and there's nothing else to do). Vote on which one you play often, not which ones you own. For example, I haven't touched my Wii in months and (and neither has the wife (http://instantrimshot.com/) :wiggle: ) so while I like the system and the games, I will resist the urge to appear as the "best gamer" and not vote for the Wii.

In the words of the great Waffleboy:

Vote!

:super:

tsiguy96
06-30-2011, 01:01 PM
paradise island on my droid is basically all i need right now.

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Commodore 64 and Pong

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
SNES/Genesis/SegaCD/NES emulators on PC

Modern games blow :(

Retire #30!!!
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Carcassone on the Ipad has stolen hours from my life.

tsiguy96
06-30-2011, 01:06 PM

the most incredible part of emulators is the "save state" option for super ****ing hard bosses, like some of the megaman ones. cheating? maybe, but effective none the less.

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
the most incredible part of emulators is the "save state" option for super ****ing hard bosses, like some of the megaman ones. cheating? maybe, but effective none the less.

Lol, never lose hearts in Zelda. Always long range sword ftw.

RhymesayersDU
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM

I've really wanted to look into getting a modded X-Box with a huge HD loaded with various old games. I'd love to play some of the old guys.

Taco John
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Eh53u.jpg

Quite.

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I've really wanted to look into getting a modded X-Box with a huge HD loaded with various old games. I'd love to play some of the old guys.

I love nerd games and I haven't found ANY good new ones for almost a decade.

broncocalijohn
06-30-2011, 01:14 PM
I have a tabletop video games of about 44 and all from the first half of the 80s. 5 Pac Mans, 2 Dig dugs, 3 Donkey Kongs, etc. Last time I got a system was a Genesis and that was won and not bought. Don't get me wrong as the new games are great but they seem addicting.
On my "system", Phoenix is great and I love the Pinball game but when I need to do some serious damage, Pac Man is the way to go.

Taco John
06-30-2011, 01:14 PM
I love nerd games and I haven't found ANY good new ones for almost a decade.

Dude. Starcraft 2. Seriously. This game is QUALITY stuff. It's like chess on a coctail of crack, heroin and acid.

tsiguy96
06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
i remember playing this game on SNES ROM several years ago. consumed several hours of my day until i beat it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.V.O.:_Search_for_Eden

without the save state thing though, woulda been toast.

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Dude. Starcraft 2. Seriously. This game is QUALITY stuff.

Own it. Hate it.

Worse version of WC3, imo.

(yes, realize Starcraft fans are about to go ape**** over the comment)

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Own it. Hate it.

It took those dip****s 14 years to produce a 3rd one.

jhns
06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Mostly play the PC. I do play all sports and driving games on the PS3 but don't put in as many hours on those.

NFLBRONCO
06-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I play PS3 one night Xbox 360 the next.

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
It took those dip****s 14 years to produce a 3rd one.

Lol, I THINK you're implying my sentiment exactly.

It took that LONG to create a worse version of a game they already made, imo.

I was expecting something unique and ground breaking but it was a pretty straight forward RTS with nothing special, imo.

bronco militia
06-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I have 19, 12, and 6 year old sons. I haven't played games in years

Taco John
06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Own it. Hate it.

That's like saying legos are a worse version of duplo blox.

Kaylore
06-30-2011, 01:37 PM
You know Rev, you can play emulators on your mobile devices now...

And TSI guy, I never beat EVO either until I was able to use save states. lol

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
That's like saying legos are a worse version of duplo blox.

I'm certain you follow genre closer than I do, so I won't argue. Just not for me, really... and most aren't.

For example of my weird game tastes, here's my favorites:

Dragon Warrior 4

http://www.lordyuanshu.com/images/DWIV/Hero%20Chapter/DWIVHerowagon.png

The graphics and sound hold up terribly, but it's one of the bet RPG's ever from the series that gave birth to the genre. Lots of freedom like the rest of the DW series, great play and pure in it's leveling and buying weapons/armor format (my main complaint with the FF series).

Star Wars Battlefront 2

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTskspt94OVlvm0nTFM6pYUiRL7RmEc_ SlfovRiZqnR8vEoeGw&t=1&usg=__lQSLUbKS8rOhYAC-nBRNos560Qc=

Maintains an awesome story while giving you non stop action packed play.

Suikoden

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdF4VUAZHuZjlmpetZr_U0hQALa0pf1 sA1DQui65JsqpJxZbo&t=1&usg=__dMD0v7CNe1uNsnmW5-6UAPiedGI=

The Suikoden series is ****ing awesome. You get cool but not overdone story lines and a ridiculous amount of customization with it's 108 characters to play with.

Final Fantasy 3

http://thegamereviews.com/userfiles/image/Final%20Fantasy%20VI/kefka.jpg

I think this game edges FF2 because you get a little more freedom with which characters you want to play and when and the additional side quests. Also, any game that gives you the best weapon in the game close to the beginning adds an extra touch of fun, imo.

Betrayal at Krondor

http://www.oldschoolapps.com/files/img/Betrayal_at_Krondor.png

Maybe my favorite game of all time. Gives you complete freedom from the start, great storyline (goes with the Raymond Feist book series), extremely great "leveling" system and you can pick which specific abilities you'd like to emphasize melee, crossbow, defense, casting, stealth, scouting, etc.

Jagged Alliance

http://www.gameclassification.com/files/games/jagged-alliance.gif

Turned based strategy game with RPG elements where you hire mercenaries and conquer an island zone by zone. Have to manage your finances, team, sector defenses, capturing refineries through stealth before the incumbents can sabotage them, and mercenaries have interpersonal relationships along with reactions to heavy turnover and deaths. Even more bad ass than it sounds.

Lunar the Silver Star (Sega CD version, not the PS2 garbage)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9pSEboFD0zAansXTLfLG0AkPVr0Pln QThFgceNj3jjo2_tNo&t=1&usg=__fz2OzhgWEL6EW_isWU4YCXMcXHQ=

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA3F1EfIoiKbx_tYs8WTdoQCLOdTYbT AZPjy3YVyL3NwxH4gs&t=1&usg=__BT54ZK2c1-T3N3GyflSyAZPxRKY=

The game doesn't provide much freedom, but it does stay true to the basic RPG leveling/buying weapons and armor, and is just remarkably fun from start to finish. Great storyline despite being remarkably transparent.

Ultima 7

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKjHa0nheZdJOqQKT0yvIYM2QsboW9O S-bMWkFxCGZyKt3fVo&t=1&usg=__1BU0vi5W9tAYxQfa5u-eGwv77b4=

Ground breaking game from one of the major pioneers in RPGs. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to describing the awesomeness they managed to produce for 386 PC's, so I'll just say: the game had everything.

Wing Commander 2

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMKnz7gjXPtJkOZLbXpBPEpxoj5xWa8 0QYpMh4ma-zHfbTV8E&t=1&usg=__4wAuACcLlS4eIBQaMNca_C8g41s=

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:40 PM
You know Rev, you can play emulators on your mobile devices now...

And TSI guy, I never beat EVO either until I was able to use save states. lol

I'm about to become either 4 billion times more or less productive.

I'm not sure which yet.

Kaylore
06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm about to become either 4 billion times more or less productive.

I'm not sure which yet.

Let me help. What type of phone do you have?

TheReverend
06-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Let me help. What type of phone do you have?

The new(ish) BB Torch 9800... but probably not for long, not a big fan

Kaylore
06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
I am unfamiliar with blackberry. If you go droid, get the DroidEmu app. It's 7 dollars and not on the market (Verizon won't allow emulators to be sold on their official market, but you can run them) This one little app allows SNES, NES, GameBoy Advanced, GameBoy/Color, SEGA GameGear, SEGA Genesis Roms to be played on your phone. The touch screen isn't so great for action games, but if you use it for RPG's like I do, it works fine. You even have game genie codes, fast forward for when you're leveling, and save multiple times for all the games. It even ported my save states. :afro:

tsiguy96
06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
I am unfamiliar with blackberry. If you go droid, get the DroidEmu app. It's 7 dollars and not on the market (Verizon won't allow emulators to be sold on their official market, but you can run them) This one little app allows SNES, NES, GameBoy Advanced, GameBoy/Color, SEGA GameGear, SEGA Genesis Roms to be played on your phone. It even ported my save states. :afro:

http://www.androidcentral.com/wii-remote-droid-x-mario-3-best-mobile-gaming-platform-ever

you can use a wii remote with a droid to control videogames...you may have ended any chance of me successfully finishing my final 6 months of grad school...

Kaylore
06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.androidcentral.com/wii-remote-droid-x-mario-3-best-mobile-gaming-platform-ever

you can use a wii remote with a droid to control videogames...you may have ended any chance of me successfully finishing my final 6 months of grad school...

LOL

OBF1
06-30-2011, 02:13 PM
You forgot the "I do not play video games" option.

RhymesayersDU
06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Why would there be that option? The question isn't "do you play video games."

HILife
06-30-2011, 02:17 PM
x-box 360 online, all day.

That One Guy
06-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I bought a 360 and a Wii as a "Welcome back to the world" gift after my last deployment and probably spent a grand on this big ass stack of games. To date, I've seriously played 2 before yesterday (Beat Godfather II for XBOX and started Fable 2 until I discovered gambling and just used it as a gambling game) but needed something to occupy my time so I started Bioshock. That made it one day. F'ing lame game. Today I started Tales of Vesperia. It seems ok so far but I'll always have a soft spot for FF7 & FF8 as my favorite games ever so I find myself just trying to duplicate them.

I'll give it a week and I'll be back to not playing games again. I guess it works out that the ****ty weather set in at the same time as my poorness did.

That One Guy
06-30-2011, 02:24 PM
x-box 360 online, all day.

Oh, I forgot I also played Halo online when I got it. The online games stopped when the annoying little ****ers ruined it for me. It's too much effort to mute everyone each time but I also don't want to mute the TV and play disadvantaged like some deaf guy.

bronco militia
06-30-2011, 02:27 PM
You forgot the "I do not play video games" option.

but hey, thanks for clicking on the thread!

Ha!

That One Guy
06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
but hey, thanks for clicking on the thread!

Ha!

In his defense, the thread title was misleading. I, too, thought it was going to be about anything but video games.

Doggcow
06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Lunar owns.

Los Broncos
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Xbox, I have a PS3 but never play it.

Atwater His Ass
06-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Superior PC gamer. lolconsoles

somebody had to say it

RhymesayersDU
06-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Superior PC gamer. lolconsoles

somebody had to say it

Taco said it, 20 posts ago.

Soul-Bronco
06-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Xbox 360.......Was hooked to red dead redemption until i got the 3 red rings of death on my elite, just made it to friggin mexico too

Anyone have any experiance with the 3 red rings? Is it worth fixing or should i just get a new xbox?

extralife
06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
forgive me video game jesus, for I cannot truthfully answer Dreamcast

:(

Taco John
06-30-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm certain you follow genre closer than I do, so I won't argue. Just not for me, really... and most aren't.

For example of my weird game tastes, here's my favorites:

Understandable. I am the type that can only remain interested in a game if there is a competitive aspect to it (such an RTS, or a FPS), or if there is some sort of intellectual engagement to it (ie. Civilization). I have a hard time staying involved in story games. I start them, but I eventually get bored and move on. Not to say that there isn't any thought put into those games. Just that if there isn't a competitive aspect, I have a tough time keeping interested.

As someone who has played nearly every RTS game out there since the genre was first invented with Dune2, I can safely say that Starcraft 2 is the most sophisticated ever created in terms of the all around effect. From the macro mechanics to the micro mechanics to the spectator aspect of it - there's nothing that beats the package. Plus I love that this game has a pro scene. The ability those guys have to play this game is awesome, and there's so much room to improve. I just love the competitive aspect of it and can't seem to get enough of it.

For anyone interested in watching two of the best pros in this game go at it, visit this page and start the video at about 23:00 in, and watch the first two games. Watching this live and knowing the competitive history between these two players makes half of it, but the games themselves are incredible displays of skill that you'd have to play the game to really appreciate. But despite that, it's still a worthwhile spectacle - if you're into that sort of thing. Watch this and think of it like chess:

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-columbus-starcraft-2-rebroadcasts-brackets-and-results

(Note: the games that I'm pointing to are similar to the Starcraft equivalent of the Jets vs. the Colts in Superbowl III - it's not an exact metaphor, but it's somewhere in that direction)

tsiguy96
06-30-2011, 05:39 PM
forgive me video game jesus, for I cannot truthfully answer Dreamcast

:(

most underrated video game system of all time.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-30-2011, 05:47 PM
PC gaming fo life.

Just picked up a new gamepad (idiot at the gaming store tried to sell me one for $30) and have been enjoying NBA 2K11.

ant1999e
06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Xbox 360.......Was hooked to red dead redemption until i got the 3 red rings of death on my elite, just made it to friggin mexico too

Anyone have any experiance with the 3 red rings? Is it worth fixing or should i just get a new xbox?

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

myMind
06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
so I started Bioshock. That made it one day. F'ing lame game.

There is nothing wrong with that game, Bioshock is in my top 5 all-time.
There obviously is just something wrong with you :wave:

ol#7
07-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Have a Wii and 360 but the kids play those more than I do.

My old Vectrex system still sees alot of use.

My answer was PSP though. Because I can take it with me to the bathroom and for some reason everyone else leave it alone. Win Win.

2KBack
07-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Oh, I forgot I also played Halo online when I got it. The online games stopped when the annoying little ****ers ruined it for me. It's too much effort to mute everyone each time but I also don't want to mute the TV and play disadvantaged like some deaf guy.

Go into your preferences and make it so you can only chat with friends. It silences anyone not on your friends list. It can make coordinating strategy with strangers difficult, but it also silences the pre adolescent racists hordes.

As for the Question, I own a Gaming PC, 360, Wii, DS, PS3, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, Saturn, and N64. The 360 gets far more playing time than any of them. Probably followed up by the Saturn actually...I totally just got back into the Legend of Oasis.

Willynowei
07-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Im with Taco on this one, only game i play is Starcraft 2, so naturally only system i play on is PC. I bought halo reach on sale and a couple other games and they've all been collecting dust because Starcraft 2 is so addictive.

Willynowei
07-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Understandable. I am the type that can only remain interested in a game if there is a competitive aspect to it (such an RTS, or a FPS), or if there is some sort of intellectual engagement to it (ie. Civilization). I have a hard time staying involved in story games. I start them, but I eventually get bored and move on. Not to say that there isn't any thought put into those games. Just that if there isn't a competitive aspect, I have a tough time keeping interested.

As someone who has played nearly every RTS game out there since the genre was first invented with Dune2, I can safely say that Starcraft 2 is the most sophisticated ever created in terms of the all around effect. From the macro mechanics to the micro mechanics to the spectator aspect of it - there's nothing that beats the package. Plus I love that this game has a pro scene. The ability those guys have to play this game is awesome, and there's so much room to improve. I just love the competitive aspect of it and can't seem to get enough of it.

For anyone interested in watching two of the best pros in this game go at it, visit this page and start the video at about 23:00 in, and watch the first two games. Watching this live and knowing the competitive history between these two players makes half of it, but the games themselves are incredible displays of skill that you'd have to play the game to really appreciate. But despite that, it's still a worthwhile spectacle - if you're into that sort of thing. Watch this and think of it like chess:

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-columbus-starcraft-2-rebroadcasts-brackets-and-results

(Note: the games that I'm pointing to are similar to the Starcraft equivalent of the Jets vs. the Colts in Superbowl III - it's not an exact metaphor, but it's somewhere in that direction)

GSL July just started, game 1 of code A was last night. I don't like the brackets in code S very much though, they put Inca and MC in one bracket and I'm sure you don't like Nestea and July in the same bracket as well.

Kaylore
07-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Not a single intelivision vote!?!?

That One Guy
07-01-2011, 06:37 AM
There is nothing wrong with that game, Bioshock is in my top 5 all-time.
There obviously is just something wrong with you :wave:

Maybe it got better later in the game but I played 6+ hours of it before I gave up. I followed the arrow, shotgunned anyone that popped out, and used telekinesis to kill people with dead people if I ran out of ammo. Then I also had to hack every 3 minutes and that got f'ing lame. I've heard the story makes it good but it just didn't do it for me.

Willynowei
07-01-2011, 07:40 AM

what is that? and shouldnt there be an option for all the pet/cooking game players that own a DS?

TheReverend
07-01-2011, 07:57 AM
what is that? and shouldnt there be an option for all the pet/cooking game players that own a DS?

Lol my 7 year old is all over "cooking mama"

That One Guy
07-01-2011, 08:03 AM

The ooooooolllllddddd computer thing that hooked up to a TV?

Kaylore
07-01-2011, 08:11 AM
what is that?
George Plimpton pimped it so it's AWESOME!!!
http://www.intellivisiongames.com/bluesky/media/media_pix/plimpton.gif

ICON
07-01-2011, 09:04 AM
ColoradoDarin, Cool Breeze, Garcia Bronco, huh??, Majik, Taco John
Any of you play black opps on wii?

Taco John
07-01-2011, 09:15 AM
GSL July just started, game 1 of code A was last night. I don't like the brackets in code S very much though, they put Inca and MC in one bracket and I'm sure you don't like Nestea and July in the same bracket as well.

No, it sucks to have Nestea and July in the same bracket. But what sucks worse is that FXOsheth was eliminated last night. He had a great first set, but Puzzle beat him last night and it wasn't really even that close. Broke my heart.

But so long as Nestea, July, and/or Losira are still in it, I've got reason to watch. (Nestea eliminated July, actually)

TheReverend
07-01-2011, 09:16 AM
No, it sucks to have Nestea and July in the same bracket. But what sucks worse is that FXOsheth was eliminated last night. He had a great first set, but Puzzle beat him last night and it wasn't really even that close. Broke my heart.

But so long as Nestea, July, and/or Losira are still in it, I've got reason to watch. (Nestea eliminated July, actually)

Meanwhile: Your wife is filing divorce papers.

Taco John
07-01-2011, 09:17 AM
George Plimpton pimped it so it's AWESOME!!!
http://www.intellivisiongames.com/bluesky/media/media_pix/plimpton.gif

I will always love the Intellevision. That machine was sweet for its time. I thought it was way better than the Atari.

Taco John
07-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Meanwhile: Your wife is filing divorce papers.

LOL! I gave her fair warning letting her know that I was going to start doing the nerdiest thing I've ever done in my entire life: watching professional Starcraft!

Taco John
07-01-2011, 09:18 AM

I don't know how I missed it. I would have clicked it if I would have noticed it. FROG BOG FTW!

DHallblows
07-01-2011, 09:33 AM
These results are looking a lot more realistic now. It was weird seeing PS3 as the most popular as it was when this thread was first made

Kaylore
07-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Mobile devices out-pace DS and PSP combined. That's a trend that will probably continue.

tnedator
07-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I only play on a 360. In fits and spurts. I'll play a game (typically online for a while), then might not play again for quite some time.

My preference is still PC FPS games, but there is just way too much cheating with the PC's online.

Willynowei
07-01-2011, 12:23 PM

puzzle is really really good though, I would not be surprised if he finished top 6 in code A.

When did Nestea take out July? They played already?

I'm all about my protoss, who have been smacked around in all the recent tournaments. Rooting for Huk to beat that cocky Terran Polt.Prime and his over powered race.

Taco John
07-01-2011, 01:12 PM
puzzle is really really good though, I would not be surprised if he finished top 6 in code A.

When did Nestea take out July? They played already?

I'm all about my protoss, who have been smacked around in all the recent tournaments. Rooting for Huk to beat that cocky Terran Polt.Prime and his over powered race.

Yeah, the tournament actually started on Monday. Next week's brackets are already mostly filled out.

extralife
07-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Nestea/July was a great game until July arbitrarily decided it was time to attack 30 spine crawlers. Having those two players in the same pool was a joke made even more dumb when that other guy dropped, giving Trickster a free win and an advantage against the Nestea/July loser.

Taco John
07-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Nestea/July was a great game until July arbitrarily decided it was time to attack 30 spine crawlers. Having those two players in the same pool was a joke made even more dumb when that other guy dropped, giving Trickster a free win and an advantage against the Nestea/July loser.

I think July knew it was over. He was so far behind. I think he just decided to get it over with.

Bob's your Information Minister
07-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm guessing those Starcraft pros are moving around the map, creating units, directing and attacking at blinding speed. That would make my brain hurt.

That One Guy
07-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm guessing those Starcraft pros are moving around the map, creating units, directing and attacking at blinding speed. That would make my brain hurt.

Well they have a lot of hormone buildup by that not having sex and whatnot.

Taco John
07-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Well they have a lot of hormone buildup by that not having sex and whatnot.

Dude Starcraft pros pull serious tail, and I'm not even kidding...

Bronco Yoda
07-03-2011, 02:28 PM
There was...is...can....be only one.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ES4JylQpqis/TCO28z1XujI/AAAAAAAAAUM/-UnD9V3Tucs/s1600/mattelfootball.png&sa=X&ei=iN4QTrSyK6rmiALbhJzTDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEmCn_aKKYAdfMAbh1e44NJm9Ymyw

HEAV
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM

elsid13
07-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Dude Starcraft pros pull serious tail, and I'm not even kidding...

Because everyone wants to score with 500 pound Korean chicks.

UberBroncoMan
07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
PC or SNES ftw

Arkansas Bronco
07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
PC or PS2

That One Guy
07-04-2011, 07:54 PM

I have to admit though, when you find that nerdy jewel... some of them can pull it off and it's amazing. If they are actually nerdy, look that good, and play video games... they truly have discovered the holy grail.

NUB
07-04-2011, 08:32 PM
StarCraft players in Korea actually get some fine tail and do 500lbs Korean girls even exist?

Doggcow
07-04-2011, 08:35 PM
StarCraft players in Korea actually get some fine tail and do 500lbs Korean girls even exist?

If you like Koreans... I don't find them attractive at all...

Kaylore
07-04-2011, 11:24 PM

Koreans are some of the hottest Asians out there.

Doggcow
07-04-2011, 11:39 PM

I only really find white girls attractive. Just my preference.

HEAV
07-05-2011, 12:04 AM

I just started working with a Korean cutie!

UberBroncoMan
07-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Did this thread really just turn into Korean women from game systems.

ZONA
07-05-2011, 03:21 AM
PC all the way. The Xbox and PS3 can't come close to how my gaming PC performs. Much more graphics and CPU processing power then those consoles.

ZONA
07-05-2011, 03:28 AM
I only play on a 360. In fits and spurts. I'll play a game (typically online for a while), then might not play again for quite some time.

My preference is still PC FPS games, but there is just way too much cheating with the PC's online.

You gotta get on some servers that monitor cheating. On my favorite FPS games, I've got a good dozen servers that I KNOW monitor hacking\cheating and those losers are banned pretty fast. Not only the cheating but the stupid little kids who mic spam and TK because they have nothing better to do. It takes awhile to go through and play on several servers to find the ones you feel monitor the best but it's well worth it in the end.

Kaylore
07-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Did this thread really just turn into Korean women from game systems.

Yes sir!

And now, here is Lee Hyori pimping some booze:

http://lan.ningin.com/wp-content/uploads/ningin/lan/2008/12/lee-hyori.jpg

Willynowei
07-05-2011, 06:44 AM

Idra's girlfriend doesn't look too terrible
http://eksecor.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/eg-idra-girlfriend-katie.jpg?w=300

TLO's not doing too bad either
http://s.sk-gaming.com/image/album/361683/cde724484333d696.jpg

MC supposedly has a hot girlfriend, but i think she's asian. Well, here he is.
http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/75be76937854de1cdcbbde76ed202e27_view.jpg

Clearly these guys are really hurting for tail
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yyDO9aJWtGs/TUt5wXehxHI/AAAAAAAAGeo/-64FKlKafdU/s1600/110204snsd.jpg

Here is a less stereotypical example of a professional starcraft player:
http://professionalgaminglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tossgirl.jpg

So just so you know, these guys play videogames all day, get paid for it, and get laid for it.

Haters gonna hate.

Willynowei
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Which one of these would you throw out of bed?
http://livekpop.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/10/05/68170dc880400bee6932e8b47e1284c4.jpg

Rock Chalk
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Lol, I THINK you're implying my sentiment exactly.

It took that LONG to create a worse version of a game they already made, imo.

I was expecting something unique and ground breaking but it was a pretty straight forward RTS with nothing special, imo.

It wasnt. Didn't live up to its predecessor at all. Great graphics, decent enough story but SUPREMELY bummed about the MP options and not being able to use all the units you get in the campaign. MOreover, no Zerg campaign.

So bummed because the original SC was the most kick ass RTS ever.

Doggcow
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Which one of these would you throw out of bed?
http://livekpop.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/10/05/68170dc880400bee6932e8b47e1284c4.jpg

None? Because I wouldn't have bothered to get them there in the first place.

Like I said, just my preference.

Requiem
07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Dogcow and I have this talk a lot. He isn't a fan of Asians. To me, their beauty is unparalleled.

Doggcow
07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Btw, I can appreciate their attractiveness, I'm not saying they aren't, and I understand why others find them attractive. Not saying you're wrong, at all.

Willynowei
07-05-2011, 03:20 PM
It wasnt. Didn't live up to its predecessor at all. Great graphics, decent enough story but SUPREMELY bummed about the MP options and not being able to use all the units you get in the campaign. MOreover, no Zerg campaign.

So bummed because the original SC was the most kick ass RTS ever.

SC2 has more "custom" game modes than any game i've ever played. I mean, they've got a game called "Aiur Chef" or some equivalent, how does it not have enough options?

The zerg campaign is coming out soon, if you want to get it.

Rock Chalk
07-05-2011, 03:41 PM
SC2 has more "custom" game modes than any game i've ever played. I mean, they've got a game called "Aiur Chef" or some equivalent, how does it not have enough options?

The zerg campaign is coming out soon, if you want to get it.

I wasnt talking about game modes. Im only interested in one game mode, deathmatch anyway. Im talking about not being able to use all the vehicles in MP mode. You are limited in the vehicles and tech you can use in MP that are all available in the campaign.

ANd Zerg campaign should have been part of the game without having to buy an extension. A fully features Protoss campaign instead of some half-assed "flashback" crap you get.

Overall very disappointed with the second incarnation of SC2.

extralife
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
there are more multiplayer units in SC2 than there were in Brood War. the extra stuff in the campaign is just...extra stuff in the campaign. throwing units into the multiplayer willy-nilly would kill the game. so they put in what made sense, balanced it out, and then added all the leftovers to the single player, where it doesn't matter how overpowered 40 man drop ships are.

Taco John
07-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Dude, in Korea, Starcraft pros pull the tail that college quarterbacks over here pull. They don't have a lot of space, so there aren't fields and courts like we have. They play Starcraft as their national pasttime. Sounds ridiculous to us, but over there, that's their thing. Over there, they know a Dark Templar rush better than most over here know a flea flicker.

Taco John
07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I wasnt talking about game modes. Im only interested in one game mode, deathmatch anyway. Im talking about not being able to use all the vehicles in MP mode. You are limited in the vehicles and tech you can use in MP that are all available in the campaign.

ANd Zerg campaign should have been part of the game without having to buy an extension. A fully features Protoss campaign instead of some half-assed "flashback" crap you get.

Overall very disappointed with the second incarnation of SC2.

There are going to be three games using the same engine. Wings of Liberty is the first one, and it focuses on the Terran campaign, with a kiss of Protoss included. The next box will be Heart of the Swarm, and it will continue on the story, but from the Zerg perspective. The final one will be a continuation of the story from the protoss perspective called Legacy of the Void.

The reason they are releasing them as three seperate games is due to the size and scope of the story that they want to tell.

Your complaints about the units in the multiplayer game are due to competitive balance issues. Some of the units they use for the campaigns are great for the campaigns, but would totally turn the esport aspect of the game on its head - and that's the part of the game that is going to outlive the campaign aspects. They will continue to tweak and add to the competitive aspect with each new release, but it will all be done with competitive balance in mind.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1378/famicomdisksystemconsol.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/famicomdisksystemconsol.jpg/)

has anyone played this?

extralife
07-06-2011, 09:04 PM
no, but I bet you've played some of its games. Like Zelda and Castlevania.

Kaylore
07-07-2011, 05:26 AM
The reason they are releasing them as three separate games is so they can charge three times instead of one, put their shiny new monocle in their eye socket and cackle as they count their gold coins.

FYP

Willynowei
07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
FYP

I don't think they will charge the same price for each, I think the pricing will be similar to any other game with 1 retail release and two expansion packs. They just pre-announced the expansion packs to make sure people who bought the first game understood that instead of 10 missions of each race, they would do 30 missions with primarily 1 race.

Q: How much will Heart of the Swarm cost?

A: We typically don't provide details about pricing until the game is closer to release. We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly. For other regions that have alternative business models, we’ll provide details at a later date.

Baba Booey
07-07-2011, 06:47 PM
360 master race checkin' in.

Natedog24
07-07-2011, 10:37 PM

tsiguy96
07-07-2011, 10:44 PM
ive been playing megaman (1-6) on my computer the last few days, and a few conclusions:
1. i used to be way better at video games than i am now.
2. NES is f-ing frustrating, you get far as hell in a level then die and start all over, then i quit in anger
3. have video games gotten easier over the years?

extralife
07-08-2011, 12:45 AM
3. have video games gotten easier over the years?

do you really have to ask this question