PDA

View Full Version : General College Football Thread - 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SouthStndJunkie
06-27-2011, 06:37 PM
College football talk for the upcoming season.

SouthStndJunkie
06-27-2011, 06:39 PM
This is a steal for Wisconsin....ex-North Carolina State and all ACC QB Russell Wilson is able to transfer without having to sit out a year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6708649

Russell Wilson transferring to Badgers

Wisconsin gets a 3 year starter to step right in and play for a year.

Russell Wilson was good at NC State, but head coach Tom O'Brien didn't like him playing minor league baseball....so he let him transfer.

8,545 career passing yards with 76 career TD passes and only 26 INTs.

1,089 career rushing yards with 17 rushing TDs.

Pretty good athlete.

Seems stupid for Tom O'Brien to ask him to leave for wanting to try baseball this year....it's not like he is a great NFL prospect at 5'11 and 201 pounds....let him see if he has a future in baseball. The kid started for you for 3 years and deserved to play his senior season. I'm sure he would still be ok missing some of the offseason workouts.

Baba Booey
06-27-2011, 06:57 PM
That's a huge pickup for Wiscy. He's a great player.

oubronco
06-27-2011, 07:45 PM
My Sooners preseason #1 they are going to be tough to beat this year

oubronco
06-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Two Articles About Sooners In The Secondary

SAFETY - Aaron Colvin Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/The-Doc-8217-s-Up-and-Coming-Team-Meet-2011-8?urn=ncaaf-wp3019#remaining-content)

Colvin turned a few heads last year as an unexpected freshman contributor at cornerback, even earning his first (and only) career start against Texas before settling in as a nickel corner for the rest of the season. This spring, though, the glaring need in the secondary was at safety, where Colvin assumed the vacancy left by another converted corner, Jonathan Nelson, to fairly rave reviews.

Colvin may be small for a conventional strong safety at 5-10/175 pounds, but — as with Nelson — Bob Stoops has explicitly emphasized coverage at that spot over Ronnie Lott-style headhunting. If you believe his coach, his latest project has also been pleasantly quick on the uptake.

CORNERBACK - Gabe Lynn Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110627_92_B6_CUTLIN366826)

As Oklahoma gears up for the 2011 season, one Sooner defensive back says he's poised for a breakout season.

Gabe Lynn, a redshirt sophomore and Jenks High School graduate, volunteered at the Felix Jones "Go Hard Football Academy" at Chapman Stadium on Saturday and said he is confident about his role heading into this season at OU.

"I think I've finally got my chance," Lynn said. "I'm ready to step up this year and show what I can do."

In 2010, Lynn had a limited role in the defensive backfield, appearing in seven games. His best performance came against Florida State, when he recorded one pass breakup and recovered a fumble.

But this season he is listed as one of the starting cornerbacks on the Sooners' depth chart. Lynn is part of a young OU secondary that has only one senior, backup safety Sam Proctor. Although most of the national attention might be on OU's offense, Lynn said the Sooner defense will be strong as well.

Lynn said Travis Lewis will continue to be the Sooners' leader on defense. Lewis recorded a team-high 109 tackles last year before deciding to not to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

"We feel really good about the defense," Lynn said. "We made a couple changes, but we had a good spring, so we're ready to go."

Lynn will be joined by as many as three redshirt freshman who will look to get playing time this fall in the Sooner defensive backfield.

"We've got some young guys who will step up, a lot of new names people are going to hear about," Lynn said.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
“Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.”

oubronco
06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Redshirt freshman defensive end/linebacker Chris Martin played what he termed an “early April Fools” joke back in March, claiming that he had been dismissed from the Florida Gators. The University of Florida was not joking Friday evening when it announced that Martin, a former five-star recruit who transferred to Florida from California a year ago, has decided to transfer once again.

Having never suited up for the Gators, Martin will leave the program without making any notable mark other than having been arrested on Jan. 29 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana. The Gainesville Police Department cited Martin for possession of less than two grams after detecting “the cent of the drug coming from [his] vehicle.” He was offered and accepted deferred prosecution by the state.

Martin will be forced to sit out yet another season due to NCAA transfer rules unless he moves to a Division-II program.

He will be the fifth Florida player to leave the program since head coach Will Muschamp arrived. Senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins was dismissed from the team following two marijuana arrests in less than 90 days and redshirt freshman wide receiver Chris Dunkley, freshman WR Javares McRoy and freshman running back Mike Blakely all decided to transfer for various reasons.

Martin’s transfer was first reported by the Orlando Sentinel‘s Rachel George.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/06/24/2011...#ixzz1QFClyk00 (http://www.onlygators.com/06/24/2011/delb-chris-martin-to-transfer-out-of-florida/#ixzz1QFClyk00)
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

worm
06-27-2011, 08:14 PM
My Sooners preseason #1 they are going to be tough to beat this year

Not the Ducks?

OBF1
06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
OU can not beat the SEC

SouthStndJunkie
06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I renewed my Toledo Rocket Season Tickets this year.

Similar deal to last year, but not quite as good.

$59.95 for 2 tickets to every game....that is less than $10 a game for tickets.

$59.95 for 2 tickets to 6 home games, free parking passes, $8 worth of food vouchers for every game (last year it was $10) and a $40 gift card to the Rocket Shop (last year it was $50).

Still....they are basically giving them away....I may only go to 4 games or so and give the rest away, but it is still a great deal.

They play a good brand of football and are a team on the rise again.

Boise State plays at Toledo this year....probably take an ass whooping in the game.

SouthStndJunkie
06-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I had Michigan season tickets for several years, but was spending close to $200 a game on tickets, $25 in gas, $20 for parking, and $20 on food and drinks for 2 people.

About $250 to $300 a game....they usually played 6 or 7 home games.

A few years ago I spent that money on a sweet LCD tv and enjoy watching the games at home.

I'm still able to catch a game anytime I want up there, as I know plenty of people with tickets.

That said, 6 or 7 games of $250 to $300 in expenses was too much....especially with Katie being born.

The cost of all the Toledo Rocket (2) tickets for every game, parking, food and drinks, and $40 gift card is cheaper than one single ticket to a Michigan game.

oubronco
06-29-2011, 02:26 PM
OU can not beat the SEC

We'll see :approve:

ohiobronco2
06-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I think Florida St. wins it all this year.

ohiobronco2
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Is Mike Vrabel the new LB coach at OSU? That what I'm being told.

Rocket 7
06-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I hope the Lobos can win two games this year but it's not likely.

Hogan11
06-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Go Dawgs! **** Florida!

Baba Booey
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Go Dawgs! **** Florida!

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6083/1294213162239.jpg

Hogan11
06-29-2011, 08:22 PM
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6083/1294213162239.jpg

Uga lifts his leg in the Gators direction!

oubronco
07-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Oregon is in hot water

“I look back at it now and they paid for what they saw as my access and influence with recruits,” Lyles said. “The service I provided went beyond what a scouting service should … I made a mistake and I’m big enough of a man to admit I was wrong.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

oubronco
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
FSU's top WR leaving to play baseball

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/07/01/florida-state-easterling.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a4

oubronco
07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Disgraced Bush has reneged on a promise to return his Heisman Trophy

Disgraced USC running back Reggie Bush has reneged on a promise to return his 2005 Heisman Trophy, the website Sports by Brooks reported.

Sports by Brooks corroborated reports earlier this month on The Dan Patrick Show that Bush hadn’t returned the trophy he won while ineligible (leading to USC being put on probation, blah, blah, blah).

Sports by Brooks took it one step further, writing that “a source close to Bush” said he “has decided he will not return” the trophy. In September, Bush announced he would forfeit the award.

jhns
07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't know why others even want to play this season. Nebraska is taking the title. Bo is better than everyone else.

oubronco
07-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know why others even want to play this season. Nebraska is taking the title. Bo is better than everyone else.

Seriously LOL

jhns
07-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Seriously LOL

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1018/ncf_i_bpelini1_200.jpg

oubronco
07-01-2011, 02:55 PM
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1283012/w300

TheChamp24
07-01-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.mpresscards.com/storage/46804_Air_Force_Oklahoma_Football.jpg?__SQUARESPAC E_CACHEVERSION=1287960316753

Good luck beating the Sooners, you'll need it

SoCalBronco
07-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Losing WR Taiwan Easterling to pro baseball isn't going to help their cause.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
It's July 1st and Golden Al already has 7 four stars committed for the Class of 2012.

http://www.soflanights.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Meet-University-of-Miamis-New-Head-Coach-Al-Golden.jpg

Beast.

SoCalBronco
07-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Rumor that one of the big three in Florida is next in the NCAA's crosshairs after Oregon, based on a comment from Bill Greene of Scout. Hoping its not us....only thing it could be is the whole Nevin Shapiro thing, but he's got credibility issues given his troubles/conviction in financial matters.

I'm going to be really pissed off if its us since we didn't even win any games under Shannon. At least produce if you're going to do that kind of crap.

My gut says its Florida, though.

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2011, 11:59 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/07/ohio-state-michigan-kyle-kalis-recruiting/1

Ohio State's NCAA difficulties are becoming Michigan's gain on the recruiting trail. The latest indication came Monday when offensive tackle Kyle Kalis committed to the Wolverines.

Kalis, who is rated as Rivals.com's No. 4 offensive tackle prospect and the No. 18th player overall, becomes the highest-ranked recruit among the 19 pledges received by Wolverines coach Brady Hoke in his first full recruiting clas

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Smell that Buckeye fans....that's the smell of the tide turning.

Time's up, bitches.

Go Blue!

ohiobronco2
07-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Smell that Buckeye fans....that's the smell of the tide turning.

Time's up, b****es.

Go Blue!

SSJ, I've always enjoyed your posts because you have been level headed about everything. If I were you I wouldn't get too excited until the NCAA rules. If the NCAA hammer falls on OSU, Michigan will reap the benefits of the great in state talent that Ohio produces (something they have always needed to field a good team). If OSU does not get hammered and OSU sucks, they will fire Fickell and bring in a big time coach and still quickly rebound. I think we know what recruits will do If OSU does not get hammered and does well. OSU will always have the advantage if they can keep the kids in state. As always, good luck to you except when you play OSU, I hope Michigan can become increasingly competitive, its for the good of the rivalry and the conference.

ohiobronco2
07-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Rumor that one of the big three in Florida is next in the NCAA's crosshairs after Oregon, based on a comment from Bill Greene of Scout. Hoping its not us....only thing it could be is the whole Nevin Shapiro thing, but he's got credibility issues given his troubles/conviction in financial matters.

I'm going to be really pissed off if its us since we didn't even win any games under Shannon. At least produce if you're going to do that kind of crap.

My gut says its Florida, though.

I don't think Miami has anything to worry about. I think Florida or FSU, more than likely Florida. Urban had how many arrests while coaching there.

Smiling Assassin27
07-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Somethin's brewin' in South Bend.

Sincerely,

Brian Kelly

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2011, 01:00 PM
SSJ, I've always enjoyed your posts because you have been level headed about everything. If I were you I wouldn't get too excited until the NCAA rules. If the NCAA hammer falls on OSU, Michigan will reap the benefits of the great in state talent that Ohio produces (something they have always needed to field a good team). If OSU does not get hammered and OSU sucks, they will fire Fickell and bring in a big time coach and still quickly rebound. I think we know what recruits will do If OSU does not get hammered and does well. OSU will always have the advantage if they can keep the kids in state. As always, good luck to you except when you play OSU, I hope Michigan can become increasingly competitive, its for the good of the rivalry and the conference.

I'm stirring **** up because I'm bored and need some actual football to talk about.

I do feel Michigan is on the right track to be a top team again. Brady Hoke was a good hire, but him hiring Greg Mattison was a coup. Mattison is a great defensive coordinator....and an even better recruiter.

Mattison was the defensive coordinator for the Ravens and left that job to come to Michigan. Before that he was defensive coordinator for Florida and was known as an awesome recruiter there. He has been the defensive coordinator at Michigan and coached with Hoke there in the 90s. I also think he was a defensive coordinator at Notre Dame for a few years.

Champagne Powder
07-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Tuesday is one of the best days in the college football offseason.

http://www.bestpricexshopping.com/images/NCAA-Football-12.jpg

Champagne Powder
07-11-2011, 01:21 PM
SEC releases their media day schedule.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/11/sec-releases-list-of-media-days-players/

Champagne Powder
07-11-2011, 01:25 PM
2011 Jim Thorpe Award Watch List was released today.

Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL), SS
Mark Barron, Alabama, SS
John Boyett, Oregon, FS
Brandon Boykin, Georgia, CB
Morris Claiborne, LSU, CB
Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska, CB
Tony Dye, UCLA, CB
Matt Elam, Florida, SS
Antonio Fenelus, Wisconsin, CB
Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma, CB
Donnie Fletcher, Boston College, CB
Blake Gideon, Texas, FS
Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina, CB
Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt, CB
Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech, CB
Delano Howell, Stanford, SS
Duke Ihenacho, San Jose State, SS
George Iloka, Boise State, FS
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma, FS
Leonard Johnson, Iowa State, CB
Coryell Judie, Texas A&M, CB
Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama, CB
Robert Lester, Alabama, FS
Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State, SS
TJ McDonald, USC, FS
Chase Minnifield, Virginia, CB
Marco Nelson, Tulsa, FS
Brian Peters, Northwestern, FS
Greg Reid, Florida State, CB
Xavier Rhodes Florida State, CB
Josh Robinson, UCF, CB
Trenton Robinson, Michigan State, FS
Harrison Smith, Notre Dame, FS
Keith Tandy, West Virginia, CB
Kenny Tate, Maryland, FS
Tramain Thomas, Arkansas, FS
Prentiss Waggner, Tennessee, S

ohiobronco2
07-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Rumor has it ESPN is suing Ohio St. They want Ohio St. to release emails between Tressel and Sarniak.

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2011, 03:47 PM
MaxPreps currently has Michigan ranked with the best recruiting class for 2012 with a whopping 20 verbals — eight of which are from Ohio; seven are in-state products.

ohiobronco2
07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm stirring **** up because I'm bored and need some actual football to talk about.

I do feel Michigan is on the right track to be a top team again. Brady Hoke was a good hire, but him hiring Greg Mattison was a coup. Mattison is a great defensive coordinator....and an even better recruiter.

Mattison was the defensive coordinator for the Ravens and left that job to come to Michigan. Before that he was defensive coordinator for Florida and was known as an awesome recruiter there. He has been the defensive coordinator at Michigan and coached with Hoke there in the 90s. I also think he was a defensive coordinator at Notre Dame for a few years.

I understand. It's just been a brutal half a year. I can't wait for the season to begin either. And yes, Michigan did do a great job this time around when it comes to hiring Hoke and Mattison.

oubronco
07-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Mike Leach's Book - Swing Your Sword

"My biggest regret was not cutting Adam James" - Mike Leach

"Adam [James] was a kid who seemed like he had been given everything he wanted his whole life and acted like if things did not go exactly how he wanted, then it was because someone was treating him unfairly or his failures were somebody else's fault. He was a selfish player on and off the field who was counterproductive for our team and would be for any other team."
-- Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, QB, 2004-2008

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/07/11/leach.book.excerpt/index.html?sct=hp_wr_a1&eref=sihp

Leach's book, which includes transcripts of depositions and e-mails sent by the PR firm -- including a particularly enlightening series of e-mails in which the firm's employees attempt to determine the best way to drive traffic to a YouTube clip that seemed to support the story -- puts the lie to that tale. Adam James was sent to a room large enough to accommodate a visiting media horde, but he chose to go into the closet and film himself with his cellphone. No matter the truth, the controversy was precisely what Hance needed at the time. Still smarting over the fact that Leach and his agents bested the school in a contract negotiation, the chancellor ensured Leach would be fired just in time for Texas Tech to wriggle out from paying a large retention bonus.
(A little more than a year later, Texas Tech would hire basketball coach Billy Gillispie, who once made one of his Kentucky players spend an entire halftime in a bathroom stall and then sent him home on the team equipment truck. Apparently in the eyes of the people in charge in Lubbock, one man's brutality is another man's motivational technique.)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1RvHhoyGQ (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/07/12/mike-leach/index.html#ixzz1RvHhoyGQ)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2011, 07:56 AM

They've turned into a bruising team. Very physical offensively. But no more than Georgia Tech has been with that triple option.

brncs_fan
07-16-2011, 09:11 PM
http://stash.norml.org/wp-content/uploads/Notre-Dame-Football3.jpg

Arkie
07-16-2011, 11:45 PM
The Razorbacks have the most selections on the Biletnikoff watch list by one school in a single year in the history of the watch list.

The SEC had 12 players, which was more than any other conference in the country.

Joe Adams, Arkansas
Emory Blake, Auburn
Chad Bumphis, Mississippi State
Duron Carter, Alabama
Greg Childs, Arkansas
Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas
Darius Hanks, Alabama
Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
Tavarres King, Georgia
Marquis Maze, Alabama
Rueben Randle, LSU
Jarius Wright, Arkansas

houghtam
07-17-2011, 12:00 AM

Don't forget State. Especially with Dantonio, they've got the inside track to Ohio that they never had before. If OSU falls, it'll be a dogfight between State, UM and PSU for Ohio recruits. I think everyone is always so quick to going with either UM or OSU (and with good reason, they used to be the only two teams worth mentioning), but Wisco and State are two teams that are poised to make their mark and stay there IMO.

SouthStndJunkie
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino confirmed Friday that running back Knile Davis is expected to miss the season because of a left ankle injury.

The injury is a major blow to the preseason expectations for the Razorbacks, who were 10-3 and reached their first BCS bowl game last season.

Davis led all Southeastern Conference running backs with 1,322 yards rushing last season, averaging 147 yards per game in the final seven games.

DBroncos4life
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
B12 is done. T A&M is going to leave and word is OU is going with them.

StugotsIII
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
B12 is done. T A&M is going to leave and word is OU is going with them.

Texas is bolting too...either as an independant or to the Big Ten...

After the smoke clears there will be 4 16 team super conferences with conference winners playing in a "final four" style playoff...

Not a guess.

StugotsIII
08-12-2011, 09:38 PM
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino confirmed Friday that running back Knile Davis is expected to miss the season because of a left ankle injury.

The injury is a major blow to the preseason expectations for the Razorbacks, who were 10-3 and reached their first BCS bowl game last season.

Davis led all Southeastern Conference running backs with 1,322 yards rushing last season, averaging 147 yards per game in the final seven games.

That sucks...watched him vs. my Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl...dude is a stud.

DBroncos4life
08-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Texas is bolting too...either as an independant or to the Big Ten...

After the smoke clears there will be 4 16 team super conferences with conference winners playing in a "final four" style playoff...

Not a guess.

That TV deal sealed Texas fate. I can't see a conference wanting that crap to deal with. The Big Ten has twelve teams now, no room for Texas. I will punch a baby if they do some how join the Big Ten.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 12:05 AM
That TV deal sealed Texas fate. I can't see a conference wanting that crap to deal with. The Big Ten has twelve teams now, no room for Texas. I will punch a baby if they do some how join the Big Ten.

ND, Maryland, Rutgers and Missouri are the favorites to join the Big Ten.

Texas will most likely go to the Pac 12 or become an independant.

houghtam
08-13-2011, 12:43 AM
ND, Maryland, Rutgers and Missouri are the favorites to join the Big Ten.

Texas will most likely go to the Pac 12 or become an independant.

ND will never join the Big Ten or any other conference, even with the super conferences.

IMO it will be Pitt, Mizzou, Iowa State and either Cincinnati or Louisville, whichever can put things together by the time this rolls around.

oubronco
08-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Gottlieb on ESPN confirms Texas A&M to Sec with Florida st, Clubemson, and Missouri likely too

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 08:16 AM
ND will never join the Big Ten or any other conference, even with the super conferences.

IMO it will be Pitt, Mizzou, Iowa State and either Cincinnati or Louisville, whichever can put things together by the time this rolls around.

Why wouldn't ND join?

ohiobronco2
08-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I've heard Texas, Oklahoma and ND to Big Ten. Hilarious! This stuff is comical. No way they get all 3.

ohiobronco2
08-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Why wouldn't ND join?

Because they are ND. LOL They keep this sh*t up, they are going to get left behind big time.

Kid A
08-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Big Ten and Pac-12 are highly unlikely to let Texas join and keep the Longhorn Network (Big10 especially). But Texas stands to make $300 million over 20 yrs from it. They'll try to hold the Big 12 together as long as possible and then maybe go independent.

http://twitter.com/#!/GottliebShow/status/102392128595963904

TheReverend
08-13-2011, 08:34 AM
http://climate.psu.edu/links/CDPW/08_lion_shrine.jpg

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 08:38 AM
http://climate.psu.edu/links/CDPW/08_lion_shrine.jpg

It's 11:38am and JoePa fell out of his diaper again.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Big Ten and Pac-12 are highly unlikely to let Texas join and keep the Longhorn Network (Big10 especially). But Texas stands to make $300 million over 20 yrs from it. They'll try to hold the Big 12 together as long as possible and then maybe go independent.

http://twitter.com/#!/GottliebShow/status/102392128595963904

That's only 15 million per year…..Northwestern makes more than that yearly from the B10 Network alone.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20100212-Big-Ten-Network-enticing-but-4744.ece

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/may/09/big-tens-behemoth/?sports

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 08:52 AM
That's only 15 million per year…..Northwestern makes more than that yearly from the B10 Network alone.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20100212-Big-Ten-Network-enticing-but-4744.ece

It doesn't matter its a private network for them alone. How do you think they can they can break then? Texas contract with espn, Big Ten contract with Fox. How do you think that will play out?

TheReverend
08-13-2011, 08:54 AM
It's 11:38am and JoePa fell out of his diaper again.

Don't be jealous the man's an icon.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 08:58 AM

I know he is…just bustin chops…

I was at the 2006 OSU/PSU game where he pooped his pants and ran off the field.

Could be worse…he could be my guy Tressel and "retired."

PSU vs. OSU….one of my favorite rivalries.

Rock Chalk
08-13-2011, 08:59 AM

That should retire.

Love Joe Pa dont get me wrong, but he needs to just go.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 08:59 AM
It doesn't matter its a private network for them alone. How do you think they can they can break then? Texas contract with espn, Big Ten contract with Fox. How do you think that will play out?

Comparable to everyone else…

It's a good move for UT…but it's not Earth shattering. The SEC deal with ESPN…that may be Earth shattering.

ND on the other hand is getting left behind…and they know it.

With super conferences comes playoffs.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 09:03 AM
That should retire.

Love Joe Pa dont get me wrong, but he needs to just go.

Yes and no…

I know for a fact he doesn't really "coach" anymore. He's a figurehead at this point.

Remember when he broke his leg a few years back and was up in the booth? No headset, no coaching.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0208/espn_g_paternopress_300.jpg

Rock Chalk
08-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Yeah, 15 mil from their personal network plus as it stands right now, 25 mil from the BIg 12 contract so 40 million a year for Texas.

No one is remotely close to that. No one.

Edit: If Texas goes independent their contract gets renegotiated. The first tier games will now be shown on the LHN and THAT is worth at least 3 times what the current contract is. If Texas goes independent and the LHN and ESPN now get to show all of Texas' football games on their network (away games not exclusive but home games exclusively), then that is worth at least 1 billion over the course of 20 years. Do the math on that, its 50 million a year, not including revenue from Bowl games or the NCAA tournament which they would not have to split with their conference since they are independent.

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Comparable to everyone else…

It's a good move for UT…but it's not Earth shattering. The SEC deal with ESPN…that may be Earth shattering.

ND on the other hand is getting left behind…and they know it.

With super conferences comes playoffs.

No conference is going to allow Texas to join with them having their own network. It's pretty much that simple.

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, 15 mil from their personal network plus as it stands right now, 25 mil from the BIg 12 contract so 40 million a year for Texas.

No one is remotely close to that. No one.

I don't know why it's that hard for him to grasp. They would get their person network money plus money from the Big Ten which I'm sure would make them even more money.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't know why it's that hard for him to grasp. They would get their person network money plus money from the Big Ten which I'm sure would make them even more money.

Why would Texas get money from the Big Ten?

Rock Chalk
08-13-2011, 09:24 AM

No. The Big 10 wont let Texas have its own network. The Pac 12 might. But the Big 10 network does not allow member institutions to have their own network.

Texas is not interested in the SEC because of the academics of the conference.

IF A&M really goes to the SEC this is what I can see possibly happening.

Scenario 1: SEC goes to 14 schools.

SEC grabs Mizzou in addition to A&M because OU and OSU wont separate.

Big 10 nabs OU and OSU.

Pac 12 goes after Texas, gets rebuffed because UT goes Indy, turns their attention to Tech and Boise State.

KU gets the offer from the Big East (because I have it on good authority the Big East was salivating to get KU if the Big 12 had folded last year).

KSU, ISU and Baylor have to find homes in mid majors.

Scenario 2: SEC Goes to 16 schools
SEC takes OU, OSU and A&M and Mizzou.

Big 10 raids the Big East to get those large east coast markets in the Big 10 network. Cuse, Pitt, Louisville for sure and maybe one more.

Pac 12 goes hard after Texas Tech, KU and KState, and maybe Boise State.

Tech isn't a great school but it still gives the Pac 12 an inroad into Texas recruiting. SEC in this scenario makes out like bandits. They get good programs in OU, A&M and Ok State AND inroads into Texas AND Oklahoma recruiting. Okie State has a good hoops program, a good football program and, ironically, the best wrestling program in the country. (I know this doesnt count for much but in the grand scheme of things, OSU brings more Athletic titles than ANY team in the Big 12 does and its not even close)

The Big East schools that dont have football programs are out in teh cold. Along with ISU and Baylor from the Big 12.

Just two possible scenarios.

Edit: SEC goes for Mizzou instead of an ACC team like Va Tech, FSU or Ga Tech because the SEC Commissioner already stated they are not looking to raid stable conferences for teams.

SoCalBronco
08-13-2011, 09:27 AM
This realignment is terrible for us. It would destroy the conference. Even with UM and VT remaining, the ACC would have to bring in ND (highly unlikely) to remain a viable conference with an AQ spot.

ohiobronco2
08-13-2011, 09:30 AM
I've been told that Texas will be allowed to keep their network, but won't receive any of the Big 10 money. Nobody really knows what is going to happen, but this sure is fun. I'd love to add Notre Dame, Texas and Oklahoma though, that would rival the SEC.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 09:30 AM
No. The Big 10 wont let Texas have its own network. The Pac 12 might. But the Big 10 network does not allow member institutions to have their own network.

Big 10 nabs OU and OSU.

Pac 12 goes after Texas, gets rebuffed because UT goes Indy, turns their attention to Tech and Boise State.

KU gets the offer from the Big East (because I have it on good authority the Big East was salivating to get KU if the Big 12 had folded last year).

Big 10 raids the Big East to get those large east coast markets in the Big 10 network. Cuse, Pitt, Louisville for sure and maybe one more.

Tech isn't a great school but it still gives the Pac 12 an inroad into Texas recruiting. SEC in this scenario makes out like bandits. They get good programs in OU, A&M and Ok State AND inroads into Texas AND Oklahoma recruiting. Okie State has a good hoops program, a good football program and, ironically, the best wrestling program in the country. (I know this doesnt count for much but in the grand scheme of things, OSU brings more Athletic titles than ANY team in the Big 12 does and its not even close)

The Big East schools that dont have football programs are out in teh cold. Along with ISU and Baylor from the Big 12.

Edit: SEC goes for Mizzou instead of an ACC team like Va Tech, FSU or Ga Tech because the SEC Commissioner already stated they are not looking to raid stable conferences for teams.

I know for a fact that the SEC and the B10 are currently battling for Missouri. If Mizzou goes to the SEC the B10 will go after Virginia Tech.

This isn't so much about football for the Big Ten as it is about research dollars.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Schools that are not getting PAC 12 invites:

Tech (not without Texas joining)
Boise
Kansas
K State

Those schools don't bring in TV sets and their academics suck, especially KSU, Boise, and Tech. No chance at all. Not happening.

The PAC 12 might go to 16 with the original list from last year with already admitted Utah taking A&M's place, but they're not taking the LHN with their current network set up. The PAC-Whatever isn't going to let Texas run the show like they do in the Big XII.

ohiobronco2
08-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Joe Pa is a legend. I have a ton of respect for him, but he has been holding Penn St. back for years. Pennsylvania produces a lot of football talent and it leaves the state year after year (I wish Pryor would have stayed in state). He is a figured head and raises a lot of money for the school, but they could hire a better/younger staff to replace his staff. They would be able to relate more to kids today.

TheReverend
08-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Joe Pa is a legend. I have a ton of respect for him, but he has been holding Penn St. back for years. Pennsylvania produces a lot of football talent and it leaves the state year after year (I wish Pryor would have stayed in state). He is a figured head and raises a lot of money for the school, but they could hire a better/younger staff to replace his staff. They would be able to relate more to kids today.

Madness

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2011, 09:42 AM
OU can not beat the SEC

funny, that's not what the college polls think...

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 09:45 AM
funny, that's not what the college polls think...

LOL@ polls…

No one has played a game yet and they have these pre ranked polls?

They should first take these polls 6 weeks into the season. Taking them now is silly.

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Why would Texas get money from the Big Ten?

The same reason it gets money from the Big 12

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2011, 09:56 AM
LOL@ polls…

No one has played a game yet and they have these pre ranked polls?

They should first take these polls 6 weeks into the season. Taking them now is silly.

just saying these are the coaches who are doing the ranking. they most know something...

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Anyone else here the rumor that Texas A&M is moving to the SEC?

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Big 10 nabs OU and OSU.

I agree on the Big 10 not letting Texas in. You proved my point I was trying to get across to SSIII

ohiobronco2
08-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Take no offense to this, the Big 12 is nothing like the Big 10. More money, better research facilities, more prestigious programs. Texas will not push their way around the conference like they do now. OSU is just about as big as Texas monetarily.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
just saying these are the coaches who are doing the ranking. they most know something...

Actually, you would be surprised…

You think any of them have time to evaluate 119 teams as they are putting in full days getting their own squads ready?

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 10:00 AM

I'm confused…

You are saying UT will be getting money from the Big Ten, but won't join...

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Take no offense to this, the Big 12 is nothing like the Big 10. More money, better research facilities, more prestigious programs. Texas will not push their way around the conference like they do now. OSU is just about as big as Texas monetarily.

I hate everything the conference let Texas get away with, that's why I wanted NU to leave. If Texas joins the Big Ten I will flip ****. Ha!

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Actually, you would be surprised…

You think any of them have time to evaluate 119 teams as they are putting in full days getting their own squads ready?

I'm saying the coaches know each other kinda like a fraternity and they know what each team brings to the table. One coach does not have to evaluate 119 teams, he just knows the good teams via talking to other coaches and looking at the roster, the coaching staff and film. I'd say it's pretty accurate.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm saying the coaches know each other kinda like a fraternity and they know what each team brings to the table. One coach does not have to evaluate 119 teams, he just knows the good teams via talking to other coaches and looking at the roster, the coaching staff and film. I'd say it's pretty accurate.

You'd say it's accurate based on what?

Preseason Coaches Poll 2010:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Boise

Final Coaches Poll 2010/preseason rank:

1. Auburn/23rd
2. TCU/7th
3. Oregon/11th
4. Stanford/Not ranked
5. Ohio State/2nd

Of the original top five…one team still made it after the season was over…the rest….they didn't finish in the top ten.

Some coaches let other people vote for them…

Point is, there is absolutely no way anyone knows if OU is better than Alabama right now….NO ONE.

Arkie
08-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Anyone else here the rumor that Texas A&M is moving to the SEC?

Join the cause!

Texas A&M to the SEC (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.132545466838849.28815.132175453542517&saved#!/TAMUtoSEC)

DBroncos4life
08-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm confused…

You are saying UT will be getting money from the Big Ten, but won't join...

If they JOIN they would get money from the Big Ten, just like they are getting money from the Big Twelve on top of their TV deal. Still they won't be able to join because of the their TV deal.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2011, 10:54 AM
You'd say it's accurate based on what?

Preseason Coaches Poll 2010:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Boise

Final Coaches Poll 2010/preseason rank:

1. Auburn/23rd
2. TCU/7th
3. Oregon/11th
4. Stanford/Not ranked
5. Ohio State/2nd

Of the original top five…one team still made it after the season was over…the rest….they didn't finish in the top ten.

Some coaches let other people vote for them…

Point is, there is absolutely no way anyone knows if OU is better than Alabama right now….NO ONE.

you right, they are not 100% correct but they aren't all that far off either if you look at the entire top 25 rankings. Obviously they whiffed on Stanford but they hit on OSU, were close on TCU and pretty close on Oregon. Auburn was ranked in the top 25 and finished number one, but they still had Auburn in the top 25.

It's not perfect by any stretch but the difference between the top 10 and the top 25 can be one game, that is, one loss for a highly ranked team can destroy their season.

CBF1 is saying OU can't compete with the SEC and I'm saying that is wrong, and the coaches agree. CBF1 said that "OU cannot beat the SEC" and I'm saying the coaches in the NCAA disagree. Now you are saying that these rankings are meaningless and yep, your right. However the assumption that the SEC will walk all over OU is just wrong. They've had as strong of a football program as any college team in history and there is no reason to say they can't compete with the SEC.

StugotsIII
08-13-2011, 11:19 AM
you right, they are not 100% correct but they aren't all that far off either if you look at the entire top 25 rankings. Obviously they whiffed on Stanford but they hit on OSU, were close on TCU and pretty close on Oregon. Auburn was ranked in the top 25 and finished number one, but they still had Auburn in the top 25.

It's not perfect by any stretch but the difference between the top 10 and the top 25 can be one game, that is, one loss for a highly ranked team can destroy their season.

CBF1 is saying OU can't compete with the SEC and I'm saying that is wrong, and the coaches agree. CBF1 said that "OU cannot beat the SEC" and I'm saying the coaches in the NCAA disagree. Now you are saying that these rankings are meaningless and yep, your right. However the assumption that the SEC will walk all over OU is just wrong. They've had as strong of a football program as any college team in history and there is no reason to say they can't compete with the SEC.

Until someone knocks off the SEC…I'd say he's right.

OU has a long history of tanking in bowl games. Stoops isn't known as a great big game coach...

Arkie
08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Texas A&M will join SEC.

Clemson, Florida St, and Mizzou are likely to join.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Texas-AM-leaving-Big-12-conference-to-join-SEC-081311

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Texas A&M will join SEC.

Clemson, Florida St, and Mizzou are likely to join.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Texas-AM-leaving-Big-12-conference-to-join-SEC-081311

with the SEC cannibalizing the other conferences it's going to become way too big. Pretty soon it's gonna be the SEC, the Big ___ and the PAC ___ and nothing else. Does the NCAA really want this?

Arkie
08-13-2011, 11:46 AM
with the SEC cannibalizing the other conferences it's going to become way too big. Pretty soon it's gonna be the SEC, the Big ___ and the PAC ___ and nothing else. Does the NCAA really want this?

I want 4 conferences of 16 teams each and a playoff.

bombay
08-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I spoke with a white salamander who had spoken with a burning bush who spoke to the president of the university of south carolina who says this is all legal wrangling, and after the aTm board of regents votes tomorrow to leave the Big Whatever they will be welcomed with open arms by the SEC, who has no idea who they may want for a 14th team.

oubronco
08-14-2011, 03:28 PM
ESPN reported that the SEC won't be expanding and adding Texas A&M but could sometime on down the road

ohiobronco2
08-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Thought this was interesting.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/how-espn-is-complicating-am-to-sec-deal.php

Garcia Bronco
08-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Virginia Tech will not leave the ACC.

ohiobronco2
08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
ROFL!Hilarious!

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/94799-Cfb-offseason-in-ms-paint-part-ii-dateline-Aggy

Inkana7
08-14-2011, 07:28 PM

I'd say it isn't at all. Steve Spurrier always uses his vote for Duke, and I think it was Mack Brown who said that he always votes blindly because he's too busy with his own team to pay attention to any others.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 07:38 PM
I cant wait to fly out to Miami on the 24th to watch Golden Al and the Canes take KSU apart.

I'm getting really excited for the season.

Baba Booey
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
I cant wait to fly out to Miami on the 24th to watch Golden Al and the Canes take KSU apart.

I'm getting really excited for the season.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6972/16362280205473382710621.jpg

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 09:37 PM

I'm extremely concerned about the CB position, they got trashed again today in the scrimmage, which I guess is to be expected considering its a massive weakness. I feel pretty good about most other spots, though, especially RB and OL.

Baba Booey
08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm extremely concerned about the CB position, they got trashed again today in the scrimmage, which I guess is to be expected considering its a massive weakness. I feel pretty good about most other spots, though, especially RB and OL.

Yeah, definitely a weakness. JoJo our #1 CB? Help.

StugotsIII
08-14-2011, 11:11 PM

Is UM supposed to be good?

Didn't they just murdered by ND in their bowl game?

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 11:20 PM

We've got two terrific RB's and if at full strength, the best OL in the nation, bar none. WR's are deep but not all of them are consistent. TE is a problem area, with alot of bodies but not any proven studs. Senior QB is garbage, sophomore QB is very promising. One great pass rushing DE, one good run defending DE, one tremendous true freshman DE, starting DT's are okay, but there's a depth issue there. MLB is a weakness, but OLB's are pretty good. CB's are among the worst in the nation, and the starters at S are okay, but there's no depth, there.

This is a very different team that got assraped by ND. There are now competent coaches, who have gone out of their way to instill discipline and most importantly, physical conditioning. There's no one that is going to wear down this team in the 4th quarter.

Golden Al is also one of the best recruiters in America. It shouldn't be too long before we're back on top, consistently in the Top 10. Perhaps 2 years. I think this is an 8-4 team this year, though.

If you waltz into Miami on September 17th and think you'll coast to a win, you're fixin to get blown out.....and punched in the mouth. (BTW, I would not recommend going to that game if I were you.....O$U fans are going to be treated about as well as Washington fans were at the OB in 2001).

ZachKC
08-14-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.chrisdellavedova.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/mizzou.jpg

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Alright...I'm going to have to back off the Top 10 in 2 years, thing. What I've been fearing might be coming about. ****. The Nevin Shapiro scandal that has been rumored for awhile may be coming out tomorrow in Yahoo. Man, I hope this isn't as bad as I think it will be.

ZachKC
08-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Alright...I'm going to have to back off the Top 10 in 2 years, thing. What I've been fearing might be coming about. ****. The Nevin Shapiro scandal that has been rumored for awhile may be coming out tomorrow in Yahoo. Man, I hope this isn't as bad as I think it will be.

Didn't know anything about that until I googled it. That is tough. As is often the case with the NCAA the real frustrating/scary thing is the unknown.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Didn't know anything about that until I googled it. That is tough. As is often the case with the NCAA the real frustrating/scary thing is the unknown.

The thing we have going for us at this time is that Shapiro is basically a Bernie Madoff. He's currently in prison for being a ponzi schemer and wiping out almost a billion dollars of other people's money, so there's an instant credibility issue. However, he has been bragging for some time that he's going to take the program down. He was very upset that when he got into trouble with financial regulators and went to former players (presumably in the league now) for money, they didn't help him, so I guess he's claiming he's going to expose whatever he knows. He's been claiming for awhile, that among other things, he paid alot of players. He said he would also be writing a book about it, but we haven't seen anything yet (he also claims he has a good deal of documentation). Randy Shannon got this guy out of the program a few years ago, so I don't think his allegations regarding anything recent, not that it matters.

I've been worried about this for months now, as its been rumored there would be an article in August and that it would be pretty bad. We'll see.

StugotsIII
08-15-2011, 12:20 AM
We've got two terrific RB's and if at full strength, the best OL in the nation, bar none. WR's are deep but not all of them are consistent. TE is a problem area, with alot of bodies but not any proven studs. Senior QB is garbage, sophomore QB is very promising. One great pass rushing DE, one good run defending DE, one tremendous true freshman DE, starting DT's are okay, but there's a depth issue there. MLB is a weakness, but OLB's are pretty good. CB's are among the worst in the nation, and the starters at S are okay, but there's no depth, there.

This is a very different team that got assraped by ND. There are now competent coaches, who have gone out of their way to instill discipline and most importantly, physical conditioning. There's no one that is going to wear down this team in the 4th quarter.

Golden Al is also one of the best recruiters in America. It shouldn't be too long before we're back on top, consistently in the Top 10. Perhaps 2 years. I think this is an 8-4 team this year, though.

If you waltz into Miami on September 17th and think you'll coast to a win, you're fixin to get blown out.....and punched in the mouth. (BTW, I would not recommend going to that game if I were you.....O$U fans are going to be treated about as well as Washington fans were at the OB in 2001).

Nope, not going to the game. OSU will lose that game due to inexperience at the QB position. But it will be a contest.

Just pray Harris doesn't throw the game away.

PS. http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/29/1797096/new-book-to-allege-violations.html#ixzz1V3z1SpSs

Are you really bragging about mistreating visiting fans?

SoCalBronco
08-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Nope, not going to the game. OSU will lose that game due to inexperience at the QB position. But it will be a contest.

Just pray Harris doesn't throw the game away.

PS. http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/29/1797096/new-book-to-allege-violations.html#ixzz1V3z1SpSs

Yes, I'm well aware of the story and have been for many months now.

There will be a Yahoo story about it tomorrow and we're hearing tonight from insiders that the allegations will be pretty bad. It depends on what proof this guy has. He's been bragging for awhile that he was going to bring the program down. He was a former booster, but given his current status, he has an axe to grind and a credibility problem by way of being a convicted felon and a ponzi schemer. But yes, it is a serious matter that the fanbase has been aware of for some time now.

ZachKC
08-15-2011, 12:32 AM
I am not sure why people get all worked up over the preseason polls. They are what they are. Some teams look strong some don't. You play the games...teams drop off...teams move up.

No biggie.

StugotsIII
08-15-2011, 12:33 AM

There will be a Yahoo story about it tomorrow and we're hearing tonight from insiders that the allegations will be pretty bad. It depends on what proof this guy has. He's been bragging for awhile that he was going to bring the program down. He was a former booster, but given his current status, he has an axe to grind and a credibility problem by way of being a convicted felon and a ponzi schemer. But yes, it is a serious matter that the fanbase has been aware of for some time now.

OSU fans travel in LARGE numbers…nothing Miami fans can throw at them will faze them.

We've been to Wisconsin…home of the fresh thrown bag of piss onto visiting fans…

PS…Pryor may not be playing, but everyone on the defense is, along with 2 great backs and a hell of an offensive line.

ohiobronco2
08-15-2011, 04:01 AM

This is completely and totally irrelevant. Once ESPN runs with it, many people fail to follow up if what was reported was factual or not. I can't tell you how many OSU stories were completely and totally incorrect. It also doesn't matter if the guy who brings down your program is sketchy. The guy who was an informant for SI worked at a Tatoo parlor that participated in drug trafficking and money laundering.

Garcia Bronco
08-15-2011, 06:50 AM

No. They are not supposed to be "good", but we'll see what happens.

StugotsIII
08-15-2011, 07:30 AM
This is completely and totally irrelevant. Once ESPN runs with it, many people fail to follow up if what was reported was factual or not. I can't tell you how many OSU stories were completely and totally incorrect. It also doesn't matter if the guy who brings down your program is sketchy. The guy who was an informant for SI worked at a Tatoo parlor that participated in drug trafficking and money laundering.

The reason Tressel lost his job wasn't due to not tattling on players selling awards…it was due to the sports media attention.

Garcia Bronco
08-15-2011, 11:26 AM
The reason Tressel lost his job wasn't due to not tattling on players selling awards…it was due to the sports media attention.

Or we would call that dereliction of duty as he's required to report those things. I think it's all bull**** to begin with because these kids sold their own property. However he didn't do what he was supposed to do and he shouldn't have quit, nor should the school have asked him. No one could embarass that school more than Woody Hayes did.

StugotsIII
08-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Or we would call that dereliction of duty as he's required to report those things. I think it's all bull**** to begin with because these kids sold their own property. However he didn't do what he was supposed to do and he shouldn't have quit, nor should the school have asked him. No one could embarass that school more than Woody Hayes did.

There is more to the story than the ESPN "journalists" would allow the masses to believe.

I honestly believe he was protecting those kids from bodily harm.

Garcia Bronco
08-15-2011, 11:34 AM
There is more to the story than the ESPN "journalists" would allow the masses to believe.

I honestly believe he was protecting those kids from bodily harm.

Maybe, but it's all stupid to begin with. It shouldn't even be an issue. Miami on the other hand get's suspended, put on probabtion, and so on once a decade.

StugotsIII
08-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Maybe, but it's all stupid to begin with. It shouldn't even be an issue. Miami on the other hand get's suspended, put on probabtion, and so on once a decade.

I love college football...

But it is slowly being ruinned by money...

It's being ruinned by the few who have it an also by the players that don't have ANY and want a taste...

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
08-15-2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.chrisdellavedova.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/mizzou.jpg

JINX!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/15/potentially-big-blow-mizzou-loses-o-lineman-to-serious-knee-injury/

Kid A
08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/25/media_1ab1543a482945379c016b72abac9c53_t607.jpg

I'm pumped. Not sure NU can live up to Big Ten favorite status, but they have a good shot to be playing in Indy for the league title. More than that looking forward to a historic year of playing a completely new slate of teams. And, I suppose, learning to hate those teams as much as I did our Big XII rivals.

StugotsIII
08-15-2011, 04:08 PM
http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/25/media_1ab1543a482945379c016b72abac9c53_t607.jpg

I'm pumped. Not sure NU can live up to Big Ten favorite status, but they have a good shot to be playing in Indy for the league title. More than that looking forward to a historic year of playing a completely new slate of teams. And, I suppose, learning to hate those teams as much as I did our Big XII rivals.

Welcome to the Big Ten!

SoCalBronco
08-15-2011, 08:34 PM

I know. This has the potential to get out of control fast and very little evidence is required for that to happen. It's largely just a PR game. The only card Miami has here is that its going to be rather awkward for the NCAA to claim that the chairman of its Infractions committee was running a rogue program.

SoCalBronco
08-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Shapiro, who has been incarcerated since his 2010 arrest, is in the process of being transported from a prison in Brooklyn to one in Miami-Dade

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/15/2360166_p2/shapiro-lawyer-ncaa-visiting-university.html#ixzz1VAAXRLq2

:thumbsup:

Sweet.

StugotsIII
08-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Current players named in investigation

Sean Spence

Morris

Fortson

T Benjamin

V Telemaque

Jo Jo

L Miller

B Washington

Bunche

L Chambers

Per Twitter: These players look to be Ineligible while the investigation is going on. May miss the entire year

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Ouch...so what did they do? Sell their grandma's jewelry to bum wearing a Miami jersey?

StugotsIII
08-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Ouch...so what did they do? Sell their grandma's jewelry to bum wearing a Miami jersey?

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_08 1611

Ummm.....not quite.

The "U" might be over.

FADERPROOF
08-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Wow, that Ohio State-Miami game is gonna be a blast with a dozen players suspended combined.

StugotsIII
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Wow, that Ohio State-Miami game is gonna be a blast with a dozen players suspended combined.

There may be a dozen on Miami's alone...

UM Possible suspensions:

Ray-Ray Armstrong - Starting Safety
Travis Benjamin - Starting WR
Dyron Dye
Marcus Forston - Starting DT (STUD)
Jacory Harris - starting QB
Aldarius Johnson - Backup OT
JoJo Nicolas - Starting CB
Adewale Ojomo - Starting DE
Marcus Robinson - Backup DE
Sean Spence - Starting LB
Vaughn Telemaque - Starting Safety
Olivier Vernon - Starting DE

(at least)

4 on OSU's.

I shall call it....Suspension Bowl 2011

SoCalBronco
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_08 1611

Ummm.....not quite.

The "U" might be over.

If it wasn't bad enough that I'm battling a horrible cold that might include strep throat, the ****ing Yahoo report is really terrible...and those guys are very detailed.

I feel bad for Golden. He was going to take this program places....big places...BCS places. He's way ahead of the curve, especially in recruiting. He would have been an all-time great here. He's going to have to flee now, though, and I don't blame him. We're going to get USC style punishment and that's going to take awhile to overcome, he can't stick around for 5 years trying to build it up just to something decent like 8-4, when he wasn't part of the problem to begin with. That's just unfair to ask. That makes me very sad. The program is going to get raped. Shapiro better get ****ing clobbered in prison when he gets transferred to Miami-Dade. I'm willing to accept the penalties, even if they are rather severe, what's fair for the OSU's and USC's is fair for us, that's fine, but I all I ask is that this guy get absolutely ****ing destroyed in prison.

And yes, if there are a bunch of guys on the current roster that took benefits, they should be suspended en masse as was the case for UNC last season. We need to hope for all the political muscle Donna can bring here....as well as using former Infractions Cmte. Chairman Paul Dee as a defense witness, in order to help avoid the institutional control allegation.

Back to the Alka Seltzer.

TheReverend
08-16-2011, 04:06 PM
If it wasn't bad enough that I'm battling a horrible cold that might include strep throat, the ****ing Yahoo report is really terrible...and those guys are very detailed.

I feel bad for Golden. He was going to take this program places....big places...BCS places. He's way ahead of the curve, especially in recruiting. He would have been an all-time great here. He's going to have to flee now, though, and I don't blame him. We're going to get USC style punishment and that's going to take awhile to overcome, he can't stick around for 5 years trying to build it up just to something decent like 8-4, when he wasn't part of the problem to begin with. That's just unfair to ask. That makes me very sad. The program is going to get raped. Shapiro better get ****ing clobbered in prison when he gets transferred to Miami-Dade. I'm willing to accept the penalties, even if they are rather severe, what's fair for the OSU's and USC's is fair for us, that's fine, but I all I ask is that this guy get absolutely ****ing destroyed in prison.

And yes, if there are a bunch of guys on the current roster that took benefits, they should be suspended en masse as was the case for UNC last season. We need to hope for all the political muscle Donna can bring here....as well as using former Infractions Cmte. Chairman Paul Dee as a defense witness, in order to help avoid the institutional control allegation.

Gargle saltwater and take a gulp of listerine in the morning and before bed.

elsid13
08-16-2011, 04:55 PM

It does look bad, but you have to remember it is just one side of the story and the investigation has yet to happen. But I bet FSU and UF are all over the UM recruits at this point.

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2011, 05:14 PM
haha..omg...well...You guys sure don't do anything small.

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2011, 05:26 PM
2014..OSU gets it's beating on the century. :)

bpc
08-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Miami is about to get taken behind the woodshed by the NCAA. Has there been any worse, documented by the NCAA? Yahoo has spilled all the beans on this one.

On to a brighter note, GO BUFFS!

ohiobronco2
08-16-2011, 07:43 PM

I just looked at our 2014 schedule, I don't see anyone who can beat us as of yet.

DENVERDUI55
08-16-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm glad to see this whole The U BS that you have to hear when they are front runners get train wrecked. It was pretty obvious they were paying players.

StugotsIII
08-16-2011, 08:24 PM

From who?

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
From who?

My school, Virginia Polytechnic Institute. We have a home and away.

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm glad to see this whole The U BS that you have to hear when they are front runners get train wrecked. It was pretty obvious they were paying players.

And without any results to show for it.

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2011, 08:53 PM
I just looked at our 2014 schedule, I don't see anyone who can beat us as of yet.

Maybe you should look again.

broncocalijohn
08-16-2011, 09:33 PM
SoCal, you loved to rip on OSU and USC so if this all comes out as true.......payback smack time! BTW, USC had one major problem in football with Reggie Bush. This looks like a whole collection of kids past and present.

SoCalBronco
08-16-2011, 09:43 PM
SoCal, you loved to rip on OSU and USC so if this all comes out as true.......payback smack time! BTW, USC had one major problem in football with Reggie Bush. This looks like a whole collection of kids past and present.

You're right...I thorougly enjoyed ripping on OSU and USC. And this looks like it could be much worse....or at least there is more widespread detail alleged about more people. That sucks. Our coach is a real up and comer and he would have had us competing for the title in just a few year. Now, its pretty much going to be a steep climb back to just being decent.

We'll have to take what's coming to us just like the other programs. What's fair for you guys is fair for us as well. We'll take whatever comes...however harsh it is. If Shapiro is right, then we'll get what we deserve and you can crow away. Between this, the news that Crosby is still having problems and my cold that started on Sunday which still feels like crap, I'm not in a great mood.

24champ
08-16-2011, 10:30 PM

Regardless of the extent of Miami's eff ups, it doesn't change the fact that U$C is a scum program.

Pezman
08-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Regardless of the extent of Miami's eff ups, it doesn't change the fact that U$C is a scum program.

If they didn't give USC the death penalty, you can pretty much guarantee Miami won't see it either.

Regardless the NCAA is a joke, has been and always will be. Time to pay for play for college sports and revolutionize the amateur game

broncocalijohn
08-17-2011, 12:52 AM

Thank you UCLA honk! I guess parking in handicapped spots is considered A OK in your program.

FADERPROOF
08-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Couldn't be happier about this, not that it's Miami but because of the blatant smear campaign SI and ESPN put Ohio State through it's good to see the truth about other programs and maybe now the focus will be off the Buckeyes.

SI and ESPN tried their best to get everything possible pinned on OSU, and the majority of it has come up false, and now the school is not looking at major penalties, much to the dismay of the entire country.

And this is worse than USC, if true. USC got popped for 1 player over a span of 2 years, Miami is dozens of players over 8 years. This could be bad big time for the program, add on their past probations and problems and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get drilled extra harsh.

Oh well, Miami had fun pointing the finger at Columbus, I dont have ANY remorse for them now.

StugotsIII
08-17-2011, 08:14 AM
You're right...I thorougly enjoyed ripping on OSU and USC. And this looks like it could be much worse....or at least there is more widespread detail alleged about more people. That sucks. Our coach is a real up and comer and he would have had us competing for the title in just a few year. Now, its pretty much going to be a steep climb back to just being decent.

We'll have to take what's coming to us just like the other programs. What's fair for you guys is fair for us as well. We'll take whatever comes...however harsh it is. If Shapiro is right, then we'll get what we deserve and you can crow away. Between this, the news that Crosby is still having problems and my cold that started on Sunday which still feels like crap, I'm not in a great mood.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2akl6p3.gif

oubronco
08-17-2011, 09:23 AM
LOL

DENVERDUI55
08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
The funniest thing about thug U is all the hypocrites that defended and tried to rip other schools to make Miami look good. They have the most players getting benefits and they turn to well players should get paid argument. Couldn't of happened to a thuggier school.

brncs_fan
08-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Dayne Crist named the starter at ND

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/45238/dayne-crist-deserves-irish-starting-nod

brncs_fan
08-24-2011, 05:18 PM
3. Colorado State will make a bowl game. The Rams have a bevy of starters returning, including quarterback Pete Thomas, who took his share of lumps as a true freshman last season but showed signs of potential. Linebacker Mychal Sisson also returns to anchor the defense after leading the nation last season with seven forced fumbles. The schedule sets up perfectly for Colorado State, too. The toughest nonconference game is Colorado, so at worst the Rams should be 3-1 in those games, meaning they need three wins in eight conference games to become bowl-eligible.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/45200/three-predictions-for-mwc

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Texas A&M informs Big XII and commissioner Don Beebe they are exploring conference options.

http://www.tamu.edu/athletics/big12Exploration.html

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
New Nike Pro Combat Uniforms

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/new_boise_state_nike_pro_combat_uniforms_full_back .jpg

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/georgia-pro-combat.jpg

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/new_oregon_nike_pro_combat_uniforms_vertical.jpg

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:32 PM
SMU lets it be known their desire to be in the Big XII or other BCS conference.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/smu-mustangs/20110825-smu-makes-public-its-desire-to-join-big-12-or-another-bcs-conference.ece

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:36 PM
49 pairs of Jordan Jefferson's shoes have been seized from his apartment by the police.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/49-pairs-of-shoes-taken-from-jefferson-s-apartment/

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
A source says Miami (Fla.) is expected to name at least 12 players ineligible for their season opener versus Maryland.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/25/2373887_p2/miami-hurricanes-may-declare-investigated.html

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:41 PM
SSJ,

What do you think of this Mike Shaw kid?

http://detnews.com/article/20110824/SPORTS0201/108240351/1131/rss17

Hogan11
08-25-2011, 03:41 PM
New Nike Pro Combat Uniforms

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/new_boise_state_nike_pro_combat_uniforms_full_back .jpg

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/georgia-pro-combat.jpg

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/new_oregon_nike_pro_combat_uniforms_vertical.jpg

They're not wearing these arena league rejects all season, are they?

They are terrible :thumbsdow

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 03:42 PM

I seen the Bulldogs ones and they are terrible :thumbsdow

No, they will be wearing them only in the season opener versus Boise St. in the Georgia Dome.

Hogan11
08-25-2011, 03:43 PM
No, they will be wearing them only in the season opener versus Boise St. in the Georgia Dome.

Ah ok

DivineLegion
08-25-2011, 03:45 PM

They are terrible :thumbsdow

I don't think so, I think the teams that agree to feature them wear the jerseys during a nationally televised game.

nm beat me to it

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
SMU lets it be known their desire to be in the Big XII or other BCS conference.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/smu-mustangs/20110825-smu-makes-public-its-desire-to-join-big-12-or-another-bcs-conference.ece

:sunshine:

I'd love for SMU to join the Big XII. I really wish TCU would have joined but if SMU gets back to being a solid NCAA D1 football program I think it would be very cool.

I'd really rather CSU join the Big XII now that California U in Boulder went to the PAC Stupid.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-26-2011, 02:45 PM
NCAA is ticked off at Danny Sheridan!!!

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2011/august/ncaa+statement+on+danny+sheridan+comments

bronco militia
08-29-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/fixedthealumnistrikesbackcolornew.gif

SouthStndJunkie
08-29-2011, 09:50 AM
SSJ,

What do you think of this Mike Shaw kid?

http://detnews.com/article/20110824/SPORTS0201/108240351/1131/rss17

I don't think he is anything more than an above average RB, but he would be my choice to start for the Wolverines this year.

SoCalBronco
08-30-2011, 09:26 PM
These suspensions pretty much lost us the Maryland game. There is no DL, anymore. I think one day Anthony Chickillo WILL be an All-American, he's that good, but asking him to take half the snaps as a true freshman against an ACC opponent is going to be a little much. Losing Vernon for 6 games is a huge loss. He's the best pass rusher and best overall DE and Ojomo is a good run defender. DE is pretty ugly vs. Maryland. DT is paper thin, but thankfully Forston will be back after 1 game. Losing Spence for 1 game hurts, but he'll be back for OSU. Ray Ray for 4 games really hurts, there is no safety depth. They're moving JoJo back there, which is meh. CB is going to get exposed considering JoJo was going to be the No. 1 CB before they had to move him.

IMO, Maryland is going to have a great night offensively, IMO 400+ yards and 30+ points. You can't take that many high quality starters off the defense and expect them to play well on the road. We'll score points offensively, Morris is actually a better QB than Harris, so Harris being out doesn't hurt. Losing TB will cost us a big play or two, but I think Street, Byrd and Hurns will be alright. We're going to move the ball on the ground, 15 carries for each of the two backs and lots of PA.

It will be very tough to win this game. With Vernon and Ray Ray out an extended period, the OSU game is probably gone as well.

StugotsIII
08-30-2011, 09:30 PM
These suspensions pretty much lost us the Maryland game. There is no DL, anymore. I think one day Anthony Chickillo WILL be an All-American, he's that good, but asking him to take half the snaps as a true freshman against an ACC opponent is going to be a little much. Losing Vernon for 6 games is a huge loss. He's the best pass rusher and best overall DE and Ojomo is a good run defender. DE is pretty ugly vs. Maryland. DT is paper thin, but thankfully Forston will be back after 1 game. Losing Spence for 1 game hurts, but he'll be back for OSU. Ray Ray for 4 games really hurts, there is no safety depth. They're moving JoJo back there, which is meh. CB is going to get exposed considering JoJo was going to be the No. 1 CB before they had to move him.

IMO, Maryland is going to have a great night offensively, IMO 400+ yards and 30+ points. You can't take that many high quality starters off the defense and expect them to play well on the road. We'll score points offensively, Morris is actually a better QB than Harris, so Harris being out doesn't hurt. Losing TB will cost us a big play or two, but I think Street, Byrd and Hurns will be alright. We're going to move the ball on the ground, 15 carries for each of the two backs and lots of PA.

It will be very tough to win this game. With Vernon and Ray Ray out an extended period, the OSU game is probably gone as well.

These suspensions are the least of UM's problems…

This is an indication that what Shapiro said was dead on. Not only was he implicated in the current players doings, but also "athletics personnel." That indicates a wide spread problem.

SoCalBronco
08-30-2011, 09:36 PM
These suspensions are the least of UM's problems…

This is an indication that what Shapiro said was dead on. Not only was he implicated in the current players doings, but also "athletics personnel." That indicates a wide spread problem.

There is a concern about that, but we've been cooperating fully with the NCAA (unlike USC) so that's a factor. Also, the NCAA has cleared several of our guys and now its out that we hired a private investigator to follow Shapiro and came up with nothing, so there's some oversight there. I'm sure there will be significant sanctions, but the vibes I'm getting and the info I'm hearing suggests its not going to be as bad as I was fearing. Still significant, though.

StugotsIII
08-30-2011, 09:40 PM
There is a concern about that, but we've been cooperating fully with the NCAA (unlike USC) so that's a factor. Also, the NCAA has cleared several of our guys and now its out that we hired a private investigator to follow Shapiro and came up with nothing, so there's some oversight there. I'm sure there will be significant sanctions, but the vibes I'm getting and the info I'm hearing suggests its not going to be as bad as I was fearing. Still significant, though.

Totally agree…

USC got buried partly because they didn't play nice with the NCAA.

OSU will get a slap on the wrist for self reporting and working with the NCAA the whole way.

DENVERDUI55
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
The U deserves the death penalty.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Doesn't matter. You weren't getting past Virginia Tech anyway. BEcause we own you and your entire program

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
The U deserves the death penalty.

They might, but they won't get it.

24champ
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Football kicks off tomorrow between Wisky and UNLV on ESPN.

StugotsIII
08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Football kicks off tomorrow between Wisky and UNLV on ESPN.

Interested to see how Russell Wilson plays with his new team.

24champ
08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Interested to see how Russell Wilson plays with his new team.

Interested to see how Wisky uses him and whether the game is close/exciting instead of a blowout as the sports books are predicting.

StugotsIII
08-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Interested to see how Wisky uses him and whether the game is close/exciting instead of a blowout as the sports books are predicting.

UNLV is TERRIBLE.

It WILL be a blowout.

Wisky is a traditional power running team, but I'm sure they will have packages for Wilson to demonstrate his skills. They haven't had a player like that at that position....well....ever.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2011, 11:53 AM
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9545/blackshirtsglove300x225.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/blackshirtsglove300x225.jpg/)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1724/59981237.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/59981237.png/)

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-31-2011, 12:27 PM
This weekend's slate is a bore. First off, the two best games (Oregon-LSU and Boise State-Georgia) will be played simultaneously.

Outside of those games, UCLA-Houston, BYU-Ole Miss, Baylor-TCU, South Florida-Notre Dame, Texas A&M-SMU, Colorado-Hawai'i, Northwestern-Boston College are the best of the rest.

With all the suspensions, Miami (Fla.)-Maryland on Monday night has lost its luster.

Despite all this, I am still excited about watching games that matter and that are worth wagering on.

TheChamp24
09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A
Our chant rolls on and on
Thousands strong, join heart and song,
In alma matter's praise.
Of campus beautiful by day and night
Of colors proudly gleaming red and white,
'Neath the western sky,
OU'S chant will never die...
Live on University.
http://www.greystripescreative.com/storage/46804_Air_Force_Oklahoma_Football.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/tehchamp24/OU%20Football/Texas%20Tech%20vs%20OU/IMGP0476.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/tehchamp24/OU%20Football/TCU%20vs%20OU/100_0336.jpg

Yeah baby, we're ready for Tulsa. 36 straight wins at home, its not stopping with Tulsa.

bendog
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I was spinning to an old Ala Ga replay two days ago, and was reminded how good Moreno was. I mean, he wasn't AP or even McFadden but maybe Fox can get him into the top ten.

Kid A
09-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Apparently there was a bit on the ESPN ticker about Oklahoma deciding what to do about their "conference alignment" in the next few weeks. Over/under on years the Big XII can hold together in any form? I'd say this season and next (2012). Then kaput.

In other news, psyched for tomorrow. Nebraska vs Chattanooga won't be much of a game, but I hope we can get a feel for how healthy Martinez is. Difference between him being 100% vs 80% by the time Big 10 play starts would be huge. GBR!

TheChamp24
09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Apparently there was a bit on the ESPN ticker about Oklahoma deciding what to do about their "conference alignment" in the next few weeks. Over/under on years the Big XII can hold together in any form? I'd say this season and next (2012). Then kaput.

In other news, psyched for tomorrow. Nebraska vs Chattanooga won't be much of a game, but I hope we can get a feel for how healthy Martinez is. Difference between him being 100% vs 80% by the time Big 10 play starts would be huge. GBR!

Yeah, Big 12 is about to be finished.
The thing with OU is, if you want that powerhouse, you gotta take Oklahoma State with you. Will the Pac 12 look at expanding again? SEC?

gunns
09-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I'll be interested to see how Wilson plays a better team. He looked damn good last night. Could change the mantra from Luck to Wilson.

oubronco
09-02-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.ou.edu/cas/nas/images/new_ou_logo.gif

Kid A
09-02-2011, 07:03 PM
The thing with OU is, if you want that powerhouse, you gotta take Oklahoma State with you. Will the Pac 12 look at expanding again? SEC?

I think, ultimately, they'd prefer to have OSU with them, but if the whole conference falls apart they'll be looking out for #1. As we saw, A&M seems willing to divorce the Longhorns. If this does end up in four 16-team megaconferences, though, I do think the Pac-12 (16?) would take in OSU along with OU. Both teams would be in the upper half of the current PAC.

Kid A
09-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I'll be interested to see how Wilson plays a better team. He looked damn good last night. Could change the mantra from Luck to Wilson.

Me too. Definitely showed he has the tools to make Wisconsin a legitimate offensive threat, but he'll have to prove he can manage a game in conference where he'll have to win games where they score under 30. If he can play smart against the OSU/Nebraska/Penn St level defenses he can have a great year. Big 10 will be a dogfight in both divisions. Ohio St vs Wisconsin plus what I think will be an improved Michigan. Nebraska vs Mich St vs Iowa.

That One Guy
09-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Louisville is 0-1 after dropping the powerhouse that is Murray State :)

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Great game between TCU and Baylor.

TCU scored 25 4th quarter points to take the lead 48-47.

Baylor kicked a FG with 1:04 left to take a 50-48 lead.

Let's see what TCU does with the ball.

That One Guy
09-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Great game between TCU and Baylor.

TCU scored 25 4th quarter points to take the lead 48-47.

Baylor kicked a FG with 1:04 left to take a 50-48 lead.

Let's see what TCU does with the ball.

Wow...

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Baylor picks the ball off with 2 seconds left and will win 50-48.

TDmvp
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Yea that was a insane half of football ...

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Great game.

Kid A
09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Very fun game. Hope at least one of the games tomorrow night can match that.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Auburn getting ready to be upset by Utah State. I like this QB from Utah State. 4 minutes left on goal line and up by 3. Just did a fake field goal and connected.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Utah State scores. 38 to 28 and Auburn fans leaving in droves. They need the Elway feeling or is it just too late?

broncocalijohn
09-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Well, looks like Elway-esque. Auburn gets TD and connects on onside kick. Driving for win or tie. 38 to 35 Utah State. 2 minutes left at 35 yard line.

EDIT: :30 seconds left and Auburn takes the lead. Just like Cam Newton did to Alabama. Two timeouts left for Utah State.

Garcia Bronco
09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Hokies are dusting App State.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Michigan's defense is looking a lot better this year.

Sacks, turnovers, 2 defensive TDs.

All hail Greg Mattison.

They are up 34-10 over Western Michigan in the 3rd quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Some of the most ****ed up weather I've ever seen at a football game at the Big House today.

Hot and sunny and close to 100 degrees at kickoff.

Monsoon like rain, thunder and lightning.

They are in their 2nd 30 minute lightning delay right now.

One minute it is sunny then it's raining sideways and lightning.

I'm glad I'm not at this game.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2011, 03:25 PM
When Brady Hoke, Greg Mattison, and Al Borges get a few years of their recruits to Michigan....look out because they have a great coaching staff.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Minnesota is giving #25 USC all they can handle.

19-17 USC in the 4th quarter.

ohiobronco2
09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Ridiculous
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WuJBwqBih6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ohiobronco2
09-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Minnesota is giving #25 USC all they can handle.

19-17 USC in the 4th quarter.

Go Gophers.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2011, 04:17 PM
This game was ended in the 3rd quarter because of weather.

That sucks, I was having fun watching Michigan kick some butt.

Michigan 34

Western Michigan 10

Goobzilla
09-03-2011, 04:28 PM
This game was ended in the 3rd quarter because of weather.

There's something very wrong with this to me.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2011, 04:31 PM
There's something very wrong with this to me.

Brady Hoke didn't look happy about it.

It was the 2nd delay for lightning, but I don't see why they couldn't wait it out.

Michigan has night lighting in the stadium now.

Goobzilla
09-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm sure the 109,000 fans in the Big House will be compensated for being shorted 1 1/2 quarters of football.

Goobzilla
09-03-2011, 04:34 PM
BYU gets a fumble recovery to take the lead on Ole Miss late in the 4th.

TDmvp
09-03-2011, 05:15 PM
LOL @

http://www.automation-drive.com/EX/05-14-07/12064554171743735453.jpg

Dutch
09-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Luck certainly looked like the real deal today. Threw a couple of beautiful touch passes. LSU 'gonna whip the **** out of Oregon (deep fried duck, anyone?) tonight. Welcome to SEC football, ducklings.

Agamemnon
09-03-2011, 05:43 PM

SEC would be a better fit. They're too far east for the Pac-12.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Ryan Broyles is awesome. 100+ yards in the first quarter.

Landry Jones and Tony Jefferson are both having great games.

Tulsa doesn't look like a bad team. This OU team is steamrolling them anyhow. 16-0 at the start of the second quarter.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
OU DE Frank Alexander with two batted down passes at the LOS just got a pick and returned it about 25 yards.

This game might be getting ugly.

oubronco
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh it definitely will

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:17 PM
As an OU fan, I hope that OU goes independent. I have no use for the Pac 10 or whatever it is called, and OU draws too much money to donate it to the SEC.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Oregon must be fascinated with highlighters.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Oregon's QB looks like he weighs about 75 lbs soaking wet.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Tom Wort of OU just blew up a Tulsa ball carrier, causing a fumble in Tulsa's half.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Broyles TD. OU up 30-0.

9 catches for 128 and a TD in the first half.

Landry Jones lighting it up too. 19/28 for 212 yards and a TD in the first half.

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Remember when Oregon was scoring 50 pts a game in the Pac 10 last year? Is it safe to say the SEC plays defense?

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Remember when Oregon was scoring 50 pts a game in the Pac 10 last year? Is it safe to say the SEC plays defense?

Its safe to say that some of the SEC play defense.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:53 PM
OU up 30-7 at the half.

Landry Jones hitting 72% of his passes for 248 and a TD at the half.

Broyles with 9 catches for 127 and a TD at the half.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Georgia's uniforms are CFL-ugly.

Why do you take a historically recognizeable uniform and replace it with what looks like a uniform designed by the people who design cheap auto accessories for Pep Boys?

DrFate
09-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Landry Jones hitting 72% of his passes for 248 and a TD at the half.

I looked at the box score - 33 attempts at half??

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I looked at the box score - 33 attempts at half??

OU is just marching up and down the field like theres not another team out there.

They also have 26 carries.

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Georgia's uniforms are CFL-ugly.

Why do you take a historically recognizeable uniform and replace it with what looks like a uniform designed by the people who design cheap auto accessories for Pep Boys?

You're a smart guy. You should know that it's $$$.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
You're a smart guy. You should know that it's $$$.

People don't usually buy the helmet.

Did Georgia replace their coaching staff or something?

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 07:06 PM
People don't usually buy the helmet.

Did Georgia replace their coaching staff or something?

No, Nike and these other companies throw money at programs to provide alternate looks. It benefits Nike to wrestle the branding away from the schools and to make it look like historically significant programs play for Nike.

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
No, Nike and these other companies throw money at programs to provide alternate looks. It benefits Nike to wrestle the branding away from the schools and to make it look like historically significant programs play for Nike.

Everybody here hates it (Atlanta). I hope this is NOT an indication of what we have in store with Nike next year (I think they look like crap). Course the way Georgia looks tonight, they will probably shift the hate to Mark Richt by the end of the game if the Bulldogs don't get their **** together.

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Boise State is owning Georgia at the line of scrimmage. Both sides of the ball.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Everybody here hates it (Atlanta). I hope this is NOT an indication of what we have in store with Nike next year (I think they look like crap). Course the way Georgia looks tonight, they will probably shift the hate to Mark Richt by the end of the game if the Bulldogs don't get their **** together.

The classic Geogia look is cool, and tradition is a big part of college football.

It doesn't make much sense to mess with that, especially in the deep south.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Broyles has already caught his 10th ball (141 yards).

Landry Jones is already on the verge of eclipsing 300 yards with 10 minutes left in the third quarter.

Tulsa was a 10-win school last year.

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
The loss of Jefferson is killing LSU. Lee just doesn't have the head for the game he needs at this point. LSU will need to win this on Defense as Lee and the offense are not going to do anything to win the game. Dude just checked off into a play that sent the runner directly into the teeth of the Oregon D. Stupid. You could see it before they even snapped the ball.

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:27 PM
The classic Geogia look is cool, and tradition is a big part of college football.

Agreed.....GREED being the key part of that word. If Georgia doesn't make a solid run this year, I think Richt is gone. He's a great guy and just what you want your kid to play for, but this is Georgia. His team is getting their collective asses handed to them at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. NO nasty on this team at all tonight.

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
The loss of Jefferson is killing LSU. Lee just doesn't have the head for the game he needs at this point. LSU will need to win this on Defense as Lee and the offense are not going to do anything to win the game. Dude just checked off into a play that sent the runner directly into the teeth of the Oregon D. Stupid. You could see it before they even snapped the ball.

And you said something about winning it on defense?

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM

How can you look at what is happening to historic conferences and not see that it's all a big cash grab now. I agree with you. The decisions being made are very shortsighted.

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM
And you said something about winning it on defense?

Nice! My little Bro' is an LSU grad. Have had some amazing times down there tailgating...honestly, I don't think there is anywhere in the country that does it better.

Hogan11
09-03-2011, 07:32 PM

It's a one game thing...like playing the game in the G Dome.

They're overmatched tonight clearly :(

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Finally....old school, smash mouth football........now bury them and send them back to the Pacific Northwet with their feathers plucked and let us NOT hear anything else about the FN ducks the rest of the year.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Landry Jones is a machine.

He's just picking this team apart. 77% completion rate, 330 yards with 5:30 left in the third quarter.

He's going to be tough to stop this year, especially when OU gets Kenny Stills back to complement Broyles.

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
It's a one game thing...like playing the game in the G Dome.

They're overmatched tonight clearly :(

Been overmatched everytime it has counted the last 4 years, actually. NO excuse for a program with the quality of players that Georgia recruits every year.

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice! My little Bro' is an LSU grad. Have had some amazing times down there tailgating...honestly, I don't think there is anywhere in the country that does it better.

Another fumble for Oregon. It looks like a lot of the SEC blue bloods could be strong this year (Bama, UF, LSU).

Dutch
09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Landry Jones is a machine.

He's just picking this team apart. 77% completion rate, 330 yards with 5:30 left in the third quarter.

He's going to be tough to stop this year, especially when OU gets Kenny Stills back to complement Broyles.

Oklahoma is going to be a beast this year. (Cool by me as my Dad is from Oklahoma and has been a monster fan since the Bud Wilkerson days. The man turns 80 in a week...I'd love to see 'em win another national championship just for Dad. He's also a huge fan of LSU, so that would be cool too. :yayaya:)

OrangeSe7en
09-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Been overmatched everytime it has counted the last 4 years, actually. NO excuse for a program with the quality of players that Georgia recruits every year.

Georgia gets good recruits but so do other SEC teams. It's coaching.

And LSU is in the process of stepping on Oregon's throat without Lee even being a factor.

epicSocialism4tw
09-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Oklahoma is going to be a beast this year. (Cool by me as my Dad is from Oklahoma and has been a monster fan since the Bud Wilkerson days. The man turns 80 in a week...I'd love to see 'em win another national championship just for Dad. He's also a huge fan of LSU, so that would be cool too. :yayaya:)

The team looks fantastic.

Their defense is returning some real blue-chippers like Tony Jefferson, Fleming, Travis Lewis (who is injured but will return), and a host of other disruptive/fast/physical players.

The offense looks like the best in the country.