PDA

View Full Version : Report: New deal could be a month away

Kaylore
06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/24/demaurice-smith-gave-few-details-on-nflpa-call/

DeMaurice Smith gave few details on NFLPA* call

Ben Leber’s comments suggest that Smith doesn’t want players to get their hopes up: He’s not telling them a deal won’t get done, but he’s also not telling them to expect it soon. Leber’s prediction is that the sides are about a month away.

“My gut tells me, and this is my own opinion, that it will be an abbreviated training camp,” Leber said. “We might get in three preseason games. I’m going to guess we’ll get in two preseason games. Get our normal couple of days off before the season starts and I think the season begins the way it should be [on Sept. 8] and is normal.”Smith could be playing everything down to prevent the hype train from going out of control. I think it will be weeks, and not a month + away. However I do think the hopes for this to be done by the beginning of July are a bit optimistic.

Kaylore
06-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Again this is Ben Leber's opinion. Remember once the parameters are agreed upon the lawyers have to hash it all out and that invites a whole new level pissing and moaning to get the language where both sides agree. That's at least a few weeks right there I would think.

Beantown Bronco
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
What does this guy know? It's not like he coaches San Diego's special teams or anything.

OBF1
06-24-2011, 02:29 PM
NO NO NO.... according to another thread, It already happened on Thursday. End thread please.

Taco John
06-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Why has Ice Cube forsaken us?

HooptyHoops
06-24-2011, 06:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/24/demaurice-smith-gave-few-details-on-nflpa-call/

DeMaurice Smith gave few details on NFLPA* call

Smith could be playing everything down to prevent the hype train from going out of control. I think it will be weeks, and not a month + away. However I do think the hopes for this to be done by the beginning of July are a bit optimistic.

C'mon Kaylor, couldn't you have kept this news to yourself? I was feeling so optimistic until today!
Why can't these guys get the **it together and get this deal done!!??

Man-Goblin
06-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm starting to worry that my prediction of an early June settlement might not happen.

Jay3
06-24-2011, 08:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0JFCn.jpg

SoCalBronco
06-24-2011, 09:26 PM
That sucks. I was hoping camp would open up roughly on time. It's almost a virtual lock at this point that I won't be able to go since I won't be able to give my boss enough notice, with our calendaring situation.

At least it appears that whenever it starts.....there WILL be football this year and probably a full season, too, so I'm definitely glad about that.

Requiem
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
That sucks. I was hoping camp would open up roughly on time. It's almost a virtual lock at this point that I won't be able to go since I won't be able to give my boss enough notice, with our calendaring situation.

At least it appears that whenever it starts.....there WILL be football this year and probably a full season, too, so I'm definitely glad about that.

Dude, that blows! I was so excited to meet you at camp and go on a man date! :wiggle:

I don't even know when camp will be.

August probably?

I'll be officially moving out to Denver after the first week of August. Got the 10th-12th circled as the big day.

:)

Kaylore
06-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Why has Ice Cube forsaken us?

I wonder what would happen if we had Nick Athan driving a light rail train with Ice Cube on it...

Drunk Monkey
06-25-2011, 07:02 AM
That sucks, I was looking forward to the 1st preseason game here in Dallas.