PDA

View Full Version : Lockout Question

Quoydogs
06-17-2011, 07:18 PM
So say they get this whole mess figured out just a few days before the season starts.

What happens ?

Do they cut the season short ?

Do they push it back so they can have conditioning and training camps ?

What are your thoughts.

FireFly
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I imagine that they'd cut the season short.

Pushing the season back and keeping the 16 games would be a good idea imo though.

That One Guy
06-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Pretty sure it was put out not too long ago that they would use the two weeks before the SB to make up for lost time and still have a full season if it came to that. That means there's two weeks of leeway.

Quoydogs
06-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Man that just seems like it would be a mess. No time to jell together, not enough time to condition, unless they are doing it on there own.

NFLBRONCO
06-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I would think thy would start a month late

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Pretty sure it was put out not too long ago that they would use the two weeks before the SB to make up for lost time and still have a full season if it came to that. That means there's two weeks of leeway.

Huh? There's only one extra week before the SB, not two.

BroncsRule
06-18-2011, 09:37 AM
The league has made all kinds of contingency plans. And contingency plans for their contingency plans.

They need +/- 30 days for a free agency period, a short camp and 1 or 2 scrimages. They can cut out the 2nd week between Conference Championships and the Super Bowl, push the Superbowl back 1 week, and reschedule the 1st week's games to the bye weeks (they made sure that both teams in each week one matchup has the same bye weeks).

That's 3 weeks they have to play with before they have to start cutting out games. So the critical timeframe for getting a deal done is mid - late August.

If they get to the end of August with no deal, they have contingency schedules worked out for 14 through 8 game seasons.

No deal by October 1st most likely means a lost season.

Quoydogs
06-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Huh so nothing about just pushing the season back. I was thinking a march Super Bowl would be kinda cool. Oh and that last line just looks sad, I hope they get there **** straight.