PDA

View Full Version : 2011 U.S Open Golf Championship; Live From Congressional Country Club In Bethesda, MD

RhymesayersDU
06-16-2011, 11:28 AM
<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PM2NocuEihw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PM2NocuEihw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Discuss.

Chris
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
longer title pls.

Cito Pelon
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Always fun to watch.

Garcia Bronco
06-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Go Rory!

eddie mac
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
My little countryman kicking ass again and the holding champion (the relative) still in the mix at 1 under. The 1st rd is never Rory's problem though having led 3 out of the last 5 major's after the first round. He needs to show some poise through 72 holes or have a huge lead after 54.

Garcia Bronco
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
He's going to do it this time EMac.

ludo21
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
the only dude I know in the video is fowler. Makes me excited for this young generation of golfers (my age). Ill be watching this weekend!

Broncobiv
06-16-2011, 09:35 PM
<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PM2NocuEihw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PM2NocuEihw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Discuss.

LOL....at first I thought Bubba Watson was the lead singer of Dexy's Midnight Runners.

Garcia Bronco
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
LMAO.

Mogulseeker
06-16-2011, 10:43 PM
the only dude I know in the video is fowler. Makes me excited for this young generation of golfers (my age). Ill be watching this weekend!

Me, too dude. I've actually picked up golf recently and I'm quite excited about it.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Bubba Watson is easily my favorite present day golfer.

The Joker
06-17-2011, 04:54 AM
Gonna be very interesting to see how McIlroy does out in front again.

US Open tends to be brutal on Sunday's, you can shoot 80 without playing too badly sometimes. Hopefully he can win one, guy is a special talent but could just as easily end up the next Garcia if he doesn't have the mentality for it.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-17-2011, 05:20 AM
Gonna be very interesting to see how McIlroy does out in front again.

US Open tends to be brutal on Sunday's, you can shoot 80 without playing too badly sometimes. Hopefully he can win one, guy is a special talent but could just as easily end up the next Garcia if he doesn't have the mentality for it.

I would imagine that epic bed shiatting at the masters is going to be a problem for him.

Cito Pelon
06-17-2011, 09:39 AM
My little countryman kicking ass again and the holding champion (the relative) still in the mix at 1 under. The 1st rd is never Rory's problem though having led 3 out of the last 5 major's after the first round. He needs to show some poise through 72 holes or have a huge lead after 54.

That's the BFD. The greats are the guys that consistently play well on Sunday. And, in fairness, it's pretty dang hard to play well when the pressure is on. It's all between the ears, anybody that has played competitive golf knows this. It's so dang hard to make a putt when you need it. The shorter the putt, the harder it is mentally. You need total concentration

I remember a few year's ago in the US Open Jim Furyk (who is a good player) could have taken the lead with a six-foot birdie on the final hole. He stared at that putt forever, I could see he couldn't get himself into the right frame of mind to make it, and he missed it.

The Joker
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
10 shot lead for McIlroy. :holyguac!

Cito Pelon
06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Me, too dude. I've actually picked up golf recently and I'm quite excited about it.

It can be fun. If you don't mind a little advice for when you're starting out - get one phase of your game down pat fast, something you can count on consistently.

Requiem
06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I miss playing golf, but the courses around Fargo just suck. Hopefully I can pick it up when I move to Colorado. I bet they have some great courses in the mountains and such.

alkemical
06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I miss playing golf, but the courses around Fargo just suck. Hopefully I can pick it up when I move to Colorado. I bet they have some great courses in the mountains and such.

I hate to say it, but the East Coast/NE/South East has some bad ass golf courses.

Mogulseeker
06-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Go Rory!

I'm seriously impressed with his swing, and the US Open he's having so far. The whole thing about going to Haiti with Unicef, too... Rory is the real deal, and he's really easy to cheer for.

Mogulseeker
06-18-2011, 05:09 PM

Arrowhead (http://www.arrowheadcolorado.com/layout9.asp?id=188&page=3514) is right by my house and consistently ranked as one of the top golf courses in the country.

Then you have Broadmoor just south of here.

Denver Country club is pretty nice, Deer Creek country club isn't too far from here.

I practice on the public course on Wadsworth and Hampden.

FADERPROOF
06-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Come on Rory!!!

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Is it me, or does Rory McIlroy look a little bit like Spaulding Smails from "Caddyshack"?

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/22431097/397325579.jpg

The Joker
06-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Stunning performance.

We've seen the birth of a superstar this week.

TDmvp
06-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Shane McMahon (Vince's son) is totally stalking Rory. Sure would like to know the connection , Shane was at the Masters as well right next to Rory's dad...

Now it might not be Shane but it sure as hell looks like him.

edit : Shane McMahon is on the Board of Directors for International Sports Management, which represents Rory.

eddie mac
06-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Great job young man, hopefully many more to come and the trophy stays in the Northern Irish Cabinet.

:twokisses:notworthy:twokisses:notworthy

TDmvp
06-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Tiger who ? ... With all these 20 something coming on Tiger might as well join the Seniors tour , or whatever they call it now.

Mogulseeker
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm so glad to see a guy like Rory take the US Open this year. Such a likable guy.

Dukes
06-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Is it me, or does Rory McIlroy look a little bit like Spaulding Smails from "Caddyshack"?

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/22431097/397325579.jpg

"I'm not playing golf today grandpa, I'm playing tennis"

ZONA
06-19-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm as big a golf fan as you can possibly find but I fount that video more then slightly disturbing. My vote would be for them to never do that again and stick to golf. I think I'd rather be forced to watch 10 straight hours of I love Lucy rather then watch that video just 1 more time.

Way to go Rory. Not just for the win, but to kick everybody's ass so bad they knew it was yours on Friday night and could do nothing about it.

The Moops
06-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Congrats to Rory ... but seriously, you call that a US Open course!?!

You watch the US Open to see the world's best golfers being humbled by a bastard of a course.

The Joker
06-20-2011, 07:05 AM

You watch the US Open to see the world's best golfers being humbled by a bastard of a course.

The rain really ****ed them over by all accounts, they were relying on the course being very dry and once it got soaked it made the fairways easier to hit, the flags easier to go after and the greens easier to putt on.

It's a shame because if they hadn't had the rain I think we'd have seen a very tough, but fair, test.

Chris
06-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Arrowhead (http://www.arrowheadcolorado.com/layout9.asp?id=188&page=3514) is right by my house and consistently ranked as one of the top golf courses in the country.

Denver Country club is pretty nice, Deer Creek country club isn't too far from here.

Arrowhead can be a real bitch. I've never played there (I was a kid) but I walked the course and witnessed how much people struggled with it when they had some celeb event back when Tin Cup was coming out.

Mogulseeker
06-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Arrowhead can be a real b****. I've never played there (I was a kid) but I walked the course and witnessed how much people struggled with it when they had some celeb event back when Tin Cup was coming out.

I've never player there either. Right now my gramps will only play Par 3 these days. I'm quickly surpassing him these days, though.

Garcia Bronco
06-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I've played there 15 times...it's not that hard.

Houshyamama
06-20-2011, 10:25 PM

Yeah it was playing pretty soft. Nothing you can do about that though, the rain neutered it.

Houshyamama
06-20-2011, 10:26 PM

Arrowhead is alright. That course is all about the views, not so much the golf. I wouldn't rank it in the top courses I've played, but definitely a beautiful course.

Mogulseeker
06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
It can be fun. If you don't mind a little advice for when you're starting out - get one phase of your game down pat fast, something you can count on consistently.

I picked up a 56 degree Callaway Jaws forged wedge, and I love it. I think I remember Phil Mickelson saying your wedge is the most important club in your bag. From the reviews I'm reading, I get the sense that Cleveland and Titelist are built for distance, and Taylor Made and Callaway are built for accuracy.

About 80 percent of my practice right now is the pitching game since I can practice that at home.

I used to shank over half of my drives... I've been focusing on the pitching/iron game a few hours a day and I go to the driving range 3-5 times a week. With my cheap Tommy Armour driver, I'm actually getting some pretty consistant 175-200 yard drives, and improving. I just got back from a bucket, and I got some nice drives in there, along with about 4 shanks and 5-6 hooks. But I'd say my game is coming along pretty nicely.

Putting started off as my strongest point, but I haven't improved much there, and now I'd say it's the weakest part of my game.

CEH
06-21-2011, 02:35 PM
The Ticket has its golf tour at some pretty nice course for $79 including lunch. I think I will go play BearDance. Normal rate for BearDance is about $110

Fossil Trace, Fox Hollow, Deer Creek are some courses on the west side that are really nice

Mogulseeker
06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
The Ticket has its golf tour at some pretty nice course for $79 including lunch. I think I will go play BearDance. Normal rate for BearDance is about $110

Fossil Trace, Fox Hollow, Deer Creek are some courses on the west side that are really nice

I mentioned Arrowhead... my house is right on Deer Creek... do they have a driving range open to the public? How much for a bucket?

CEH
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I mentioned Arrowhead... my house is right on Deer Creek... do they have a driving range open to the public? How much for a bucket?

IDK walk over there and find out. Sounds like you're closer than I am. Walk up to The Meadows. They have a pretty nice public driving range and chipping and putting green. A large bucket use to be $8