PDA

View Full Version : Tebow will now debut as #6

Bronco Yoda
06-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Tebow’s book debuts at No. 6 on bestseller list

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 11, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT

Tim Tebow still has to prove he can win games as a starter in the NFL, but he has proven that he can move product as an author. (Or a co-author of an autiobiography, at least.)

Tebow’s book “Through My Eyes” debuted at No. 6 on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction bestseller list just behind Tina Fey’s book and the oral history of ESPN. (Both of those books have been out longer.)

Tebow scored well compared to recent football releases. Rex Ryan’s book started a No. 11 on the same list, Sean Payton’s book hit No. 8 last year, and Drew Brees started at No. 3. (Pete Carroll’s book “Win Forever” came in somewhere lower than all of the above.)

The sales for Tebow’s book were undoubtedly helped by insanely big book signings, like the one in a Gainesville WalMart pictured here from his management.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/11/tebows-book-debuts-at-no-6-on-bestseller-list/

OBF1
06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
That picture is photo shopped.

I would like to read the book sometime... I have the Floyd Little book to trade.

Gcver2ver3
06-11-2011, 04:46 PM
sheez, everything this kid does seems to bleed success out its ears...

just another reason i wanna see him start...

yerner
06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
With so many good books in the world what type of dullard is reading this ****?

HAT
06-11-2011, 05:32 PM
It's really a 9.

tsiguy96
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
It's really a 9.

congratulations sir.

broncogary
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
With so many good books in the world what type of dullard is reading this ****?

That would be me. :approve:

It was a pretty good book. I thought it was interesting that in his freshman year at Florida he barely mentioned Jarvis Moss (only for blocking two kicks in a game) and didn't mention Marcus Thomas at all.

He only got to the Broncos in the last chapter, so there wasn't much there except that he was looking forward to working with John Fox.

brncs_fan
06-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Am I the only one who saw the title and thought he would be wearing the number 6 this year?

broncocalijohn
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Wonder if some read what a 23 year old "kid" has accomplished in his short life, that they will feel ashamed of themselves? Pretty mature guy at his age and best of luck to him but with his following, I thought his debut would have been much higher. I guess the Bible Belt (SEC) doesnt buy his book since he is a Gator.

Quoydogs
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one who saw the title and thought he would be wearing the number 6 this year?

Nope, but I would laugh if he did and changed his last name to Frown Cannon.

Pick Six
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM

That would be awesome. He would fit right in with some of the former Broncos greats, such as Jay Cutler and Bubby Brister...:P

Archer81
06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Wonder if some read what a 23 year old "kid" has accomplished in his short life, that they will feel ashamed of themselves? Pretty mature guy at his age and best of luck to him but with his following, I thought his debut would have been much higher. I guess the Bible Belt (SEC) doesnt buy his book since he is a Gator.

His book came out 6th on the best seller list. I am thinking alot of people preordered the book.

:Broncos:

Kaylore
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
We went to the signing and he was really cool to my 9 year old nephew. FYI the last chapter he talks about playing for McDaniels and then Studesville and he spills a little dirt. It is very eye-opening.

Bronco Yoda
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM

hehe... that's what I was going for but I guess I only did a so-so job.

schaaf
06-11-2011, 09:43 PM
We went to the signing and he was really cool to my 9 year old nephew. FYI the last chapter he talks about playing for McDaniels and then Studesville and he spills a little dirt. It is very eye-opening.

What does he spill?

Jay3
06-12-2011, 10:48 AM
What does he spill?

When the team was in London, McD got drunk and murdered a hobo. That was what had Bowlen upset.

SoCalBronco
06-12-2011, 12:00 PM

Come on Khan...don't leave us hanging like that.

Requiem
06-12-2011, 12:08 PM
You guys all can go buy the books yourself and read!

Come on guys, you all have perfectly good microwaves at home.