Drunk Monkey
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
ya but how does he compare to Quinn?

oubronco
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I see his hands have grown as well

Los Broncos
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Looks like he's about shatter that club, wow.

*WARHORSE*
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Too much weightlifting is only going to ruin his accuracy more.

He needs to stop growing his muscle mass.

SoCalBronco
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Damn...those guns are Hillisian in their enormity.

Aftermath
06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
no way!?!?!?!

Jetmeck
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Saw him in TC last year and assuming most of you saw him in preseason and the three games he played at the end of the year.
I don't think accuracy is gonna be an issue once the game slows down, he is able to read defenses and of course gets time to throw. From what I saw he made some damn good touch, deep balls and even bullets when asked. The talent is there. It is all mental and that will come together this year if we have football of course.

Cmac821
06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
That looks like an awful golf swing:sunshine:

HILife
06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I see his hands have grown as well

"Hands" is that the new thing the kids are calling it these days?

PRBronco
06-08-2011, 10:25 PM

Ha!

And he should stop going outside with wet hair or he'll get a cold.

schaaf
06-08-2011, 10:43 PM

I think he may know a thing or two more than you about what it takes to be a successful QB

FISH
06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
The photo looks a little doctored...but according to Lindsay its the real deal. Maybe motion blur caused some irregularity....or hes a freaking monster.

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
100 percent real. Taken + tweeted by his manager. RT @jelam1: @PostBroncos is the photo real? the one of "Tim Tebow" golfing?

broncocalijohn
06-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Did he ask us to photoshop him with any crustaceans in any way ?

yerner
06-09-2011, 12:10 AM

It's a fair point. What other qb's look like him? Everytime I see him filmed hitting a tire with a sledgehammer I wonder what the hell he is doing. He needs to throw the ball. From every angle and distance and do it thousands of times.

ZONA
06-09-2011, 03:19 AM

?????

Elway was into hitting the weights hard, eventually got some guns of his own and a pretty big chest. And he was fairly accurate in his own right.

I think Tebow's accuracy has nothing to do with the size of his arms. I've seen big QB's with great accuracy and skinny QB's who couldn't hit the ocean with a rock while standing on the beach.

ol#7
06-09-2011, 06:28 AM
?????

Elway was into hitting the weights hard, eventually got some guns of his own and a pretty big chest. And he was fairly accurate in his own right.

I think Tebow's accuracy has nothing to do with the size of his arms. I've seen big QB's with great accuracy and skinny QB's who couldn't hit the ocean with a rock while standing on the beach.

Actually I have heard the exact opposite about Elway. He was strong as heck but not all that muscular. There was an SI story that when he showed up for a photo shoot and took his shirt off, they were all suprised that the guy with a cannon for an arm wasnt very chisled.

FWIW, I used to throw a pretty good ball and had a sweet jump shot, I bulked up in the Army and it really messed up both. I remember being suprised that I couldnt throw a ball as well especially (lost my touch at bball), which is the reason that today I have let myself go completely, in case the Broncos or Nuggets call.

Jesterhole
06-09-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm glad we have a workout freak at QB. Better than a drinker, quitter, or striken with disease like we've been through...

TheReverend
06-09-2011, 06:36 AM
As long as he maintains the proper flexibility and ROM it won't inhibit his throwing whatsoever. In fact, getting stronger everywhere is only going to have a beneficial effect on his core and trunk which is where the real throwing power comes from for the people talking about "strong arms" and Elway's physique.

Actually I have heard the exact opposite about Elway. He was strong as heck but not all that muscular. There was an SI story that when he showed up for a photo shoot and took his shirt off, they were all suprised that the guy with a cannon for an arm wasnt very chisled.

FWIW, I used to throw a pretty good ball and had a sweet jump shot, I bulked up in the Army and it really messed up both. I remember being suprised that I couldnt throw a ball as well especially (lost my touch at bball), which is the reason that today I have let myself go completely, in case the Broncos or Nuggets call.

Serious? All the running in the Marines had the opposite effect on me.

Did he ask us to photoshop him with any crustaceans in any way ?

Crickets...

Obsessed much?

I'm glad we have a workout freak at QB. Better than a drinker, quitter, or striken with disease like we've been through...

We all should be, imo

55CrushEm
06-09-2011, 07:17 AM
I guess there's no drug testing during the lockout....so he's just taking advantage.

;D

worm
06-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Looks like he is clubbin' a baby seal instead of swinging at a golf ball.

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2011, 07:29 AM
It's a fair point. What other qb's look like him? Everytime I see him filmed hitting a tire with a sledgehammer I wonder what the hell he is doing. He needs to throw the ball. From every angle and distance and do it thousands of times.

he's taking tons of snaps from under center and throwing the ball too so it's all good, besides, his style of play required the ability to take big hits and muscle mass will definitely help him absorb some big hits. He's a LBer playing QB so it's all good...

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2011, 07:33 AM
look at the bend he puts in that shaft. Geeze...

jutang
06-09-2011, 07:43 AM
So what is worse, Tebow's throwing motion or his golf swing?

jhns
06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
That is just how my arms look when I swing a club!

jutang
06-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Tebow's drives must either result in a 350 yrd shot or 3 foot deep divot.

CEH
06-09-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm guessing a 200 yard slice. Great lag but I bet he doesn't release the club and slices

You don't need to be buff to throw the ball far or hard or hit a golf ball 300+. Certain ppl have extrememly flexible rotorcuffs or great torgue. They are just born that way. Ask the freak at 165 lbs.

Dutch
06-09-2011, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=TheReverend;3198966]As long as he maintains the proper flexibility and ROM it won't inhibit his throwing whatsoever. In fact, getting stronger everywhere is only going to have a beneficial effect on his core and trunk which is where the real throwing power comes from for the people talking about "strong arms" and Elway's physique.

This

Same with me, Rev. I was 6'2", 160lbs, 28" waist, and 4% body fat when I got out after 10 years in the suck. (200 lbs now)

Smiling Assassin27
06-09-2011, 08:55 AM
The guy's breasts are clearly getting in the way of his swing.

Sincerely,

Ben Wright

DemonEagles
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
When I worked at a Video Store I used to do upright rows with bottles of Diet RC, but then I would eat a bunch of Milk Duds. One day I had a pocket full of milk duds and when I was putting movies back on the shelf my pocket got a tiny rip so a couple milk duds went down my leg and onto the floor of the drama section, I am pretty sure the lady standing next to me thought I **** that out of me. Sorry for the **** pellets lady! Here is your copy of hope floats!

schaaf
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
When I worked at a Video Store I used to do upright rows with bottles of Diet RC, but then I would eat a bunch of Milk Duds. One day I had a pocket full of milk duds and when I was putting movies back on the shelf my pocket got a tiny rip so a couple milk duds went down my leg and onto the floor of the drama section, I am pretty sure the lady standing next to me thought I **** that out of me. Sorry for the **** pellets lady! Here is your copy of hope floats!

So many unanswered questions in this post...

FISH
06-09-2011, 10:23 AM

ewww

broncogary
06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
He's got his golf glove on the wrong hand.

Or maybe that's his vaseline hand.

Gcver2ver3
06-09-2011, 10:41 AM
?????

plenty of QBs without big arms that weren't accurate is true, but thats because they just suck...

i'm more curious about the other end of the spectrum...what QBs can you think of with ridiculous size guns that display good accuracy...i literally can't think of one..

Elway did add some muscle but he never had guns like that...i think there is a point to be made in muscle mass reducing one's flexibility, or restricting one's arm motion...

but Tebow also seems to be a fairly flexible guy as well as muscular so perhaps it'll be alright...of course i'm making observations from a 3,000 mile pole so i could be way off on pretty much everything...

Kaylore
06-09-2011, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=TheReverend;3198966]As long as he maintains the proper flexibility and ROM it won't inhibit his throwing whatsoever. In fact, getting stronger everywhere is only going to have a beneficial effect on his core and trunk which is where the real throwing power comes from for the people talking about "strong arms" and Elway's physique.

This

Same with me, Rev. I was 6'2", 160lbs, 28" waist, and 4% body fat when I got out after 10 years in the suck. (200 lbs now)

You really throw a football with your legs and hips. The arm is just the pointer.

DemonEagles
06-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I think the thing that would scare me is the amount of energy to put in in the weight room and the dinner table that could be going into working on throwing motion and football skills. There are only so many hours in the day. Instead of working the guns and focusing on that at all, focus on your job of throwing a ball.

Jay3
06-09-2011, 10:51 AM
i'm more curious about the other end of the spectrum...what QBs can you think of with ridiculous size guns that display good accuracy...i literally can't think of one..

McNabb and Garrard are both pretty stout with big arms.

Gcver2ver3
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
McNabb and Garrard are both pretty stout with big arms.

big arms but not neither known for their accuracy...

i'm asking for names of QBs with good accuracy with big time guns...

bowtown
06-09-2011, 10:56 AM
It's a good thing his religion clearly doesn't have a steroids policy.

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2011, 11:03 AM
ewww

it appears that his shaft isn't stiff enough for his pull.

Rabb
06-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Why is everyone assuming that because he lifts and works on strength a lot, that he isn't running other drills for accuracy and throwing?

Should he look more accurate in pictures somehow?

gyldenlove
06-09-2011, 11:13 AM

Do not be talking about Tebow's shaft like that, that is disrespectful!

LRtagger
06-09-2011, 11:40 AM
"Geez look at that Tebow's arms. Having arms like that will completely ruin your throwing mechanics."

http://life3dblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/couch-potato.jpg

alkemical
06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
"Geez look at that Tebow's arms. Having arms like that will completely ruin your throwing mechanics."

totally!

Gcver2ver3
06-09-2011, 11:59 AM

now that guy looks like he can throw the pill...

TheReverend
06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
You really throw a football with your legs and hips. The arm is just the pointer.

That's what I said? Or am I missing what you're saying?

TheReverend
06-09-2011, 12:15 PM

What stations what years?

Bronco Yoda
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm just glad to see that he golf game needs work. The day he's got a pretty swing is the day we REALLY need to start worrying.

underrated29
06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
If you bulk without stretching and staying limber it will ruin your ROM and felibility, but if you keep your muscles loose by lots of stretching...Like Yoga for example. You can maintain super retarded flexibility and still be cut like the damn hulk.

FISH
06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
it appears that his shaft isn't stiff enough for his pull.

bend but don't break

Jason7730
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Actually, it's widely known that for years John Elway would lift weights with the offensive lineman because he had become that srong. He was very powerful, especially in the lower body.

TheReverend
06-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Side note: I'm diggin the shirt

mkporter
06-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Someone with photoshop skills needs to replace his club with Thor's hammer.

gyldenlove
06-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Someone with photoshop skills needs to replace his club with Thor's hammer.

**** that noise, someone needs to replace the club with Phyllis Rivers and the ball with Matt Cassel.

Doggcow
06-09-2011, 04:45 PM
OMFG ROFL!!!!!!

Watch Jim Rome's final burn (from today) on him! Hilarious.

Tim
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I read today that his swing was clocked at 120+mph (pga average is 112) and his ball was clocked at 174.xx (pga average 160)

he's juicing

FISH
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Rome (Tebow at 20:22)
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=6645689&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

Houshyamama
06-09-2011, 05:42 PM

:spit:

Los Broncos
06-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Rome (Tebow at 20:22)
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=6645689&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

Hilarious!

yerner
06-09-2011, 10:52 PM
he's taking tons of snaps from under center and throwing the ball too so it's all good, besides, his style of play required the ability to take big hits and muscle mass will definitely help him absorb some big hits. He's a LBer playing QB so it's all good...

I hope so. I just have read what it took for Tony Romo to get his arm ready the first few years in the NFL. He said he threw all day and everywhere. He threw over buses, cars, building corners during their road trips. Every angle and every touch imaginable.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope so. I just have read what it took for Tony Romo to get his arm ready the first few years in the NFL. He said he threw all day and everywhere. He threw over buses, cars, building corners during their road trips. Every angle and every touch imaginable.

I'm thinking the photo is fake anyway:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Poll-Is-this-photo-of-Tim-Tebow-and-his-prodigi?urn=nfl-wp2498

Drunk Monkey
06-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Seems like from some of the posts on here that there are quite a few of us on here who take Ambien to help us sleep. Anybody have any good stories of weird stuff that happens if you don't go right to sleep?

Here's mine: About a year ago I was taking Ambien pretty regularly but I wouldn't go right to sleep after taking it. Well I didn't crap for like 2 weeks and I couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating any differently or anything. Then one day I went down to the basement because I blew a fuse and I found about ten mounds of crap on the floor. Turns out I had been crapping down in the basement and didn't even know it! Weird stuff huh?

Anyone else?

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Seems like from some of the posts on here that there are quite a few of us on here who take Ambien to help us sleep. Anybody have any good stories of weird stuff that happens if you don't go right to sleep?

Here's mine: About a year ago I was taking Ambien pretty regularly but I wouldn't go right to sleep after taking it. Well I didn't crap for like 2 weeks and I couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating any differently or anything. Then one day I went down to the basement because I blew a fuse and I found about ten mounds of crap on the floor. Turns out I had been crapping down in the basement and didn't even know it! Weird stuff huh?

Anyone else?

I'm definitely never, ever taking that stuff. There's just too many weird stories involving Ambien. If I'm have that hard of a time sleeping all I got to do is grab a book and start reading... then I'm out.

bowtown
06-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Anyone else?

I also stopped taking it because I was ****ting in weird places.

bowtown
06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I read today that his swing was clocked at 120+mph (pga average is 112) and his ball was clocked at 174.xx (pga average 160)

he's juicing

water = wet

schaaf
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Anyone else?

hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahaROFL! I just **** myself from laughing!

KipCorrington25
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Why the picture of Orton? Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2011, 09:30 PM

As long as you were in your basement when it happened, it's all good.

broncocalijohn
06-11-2011, 12:27 AM

Funnier is that the post is from an actual thread.

4/25/10 Bronco Boy....(thanks a ton!)

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91249&highlight=ambien

Doggcow
06-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Rome on Tebow

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=215449248486356&oid=190052487513&comments

Drunk Monkey
06-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Funnier is that the post is from an actual thread.

4/25/10 Bronco Boy....(thanks a ton!)

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91249&highlight=ambien

Yes I stole it. Since that appeared to be the theme of the thread I ran with it.

CEH
06-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes I stole it. Since that appeared to be the theme of the thread I ran with it.

Actaully it was the other thread that popped up later with the same Tebow picture where we started posting the same responses from this thread but none the less very funny :strong:

Man-Goblin
06-11-2011, 07:29 AM
We havent even talked about how having guns like that will affect his putting...

Cleo McDowell
06-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Too much putting is only going to ruin his accuracy more.

He needs to stop putting his his putter mass.

Cito Pelon
06-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Tebow will win a lot of games in the NFL, there's no doubt about it.

Doggcow
06-11-2011, 03:32 PM
If being "too ripped" is the best the media can throw at tebow. I'm pretty happy.

broncocalijohn
06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
If being "too ripped" is the best the media can throw at tebow. I'm pretty happy.

Well, the girls say he has pointy knees too.