PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Little on the 2011 offseason

The Moops
06-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Recent interview with Floyd .... enjoy!

http://bit.ly/lHRPVM

Durango
06-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Most important player in Bronco franchise history, with all due respect to John Elway. Not the absolutely most gifted, John had all the talent in the world, but Floyd was the dream player for any team, in any era, and was a primary reason the Broncos were able to stay put in Denver.

Onthe40ydline
06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey Moops - Not many like Floyd anymore! He was truly something special on and off the field, being one player who was ahead of his time. Great piece... I really like the comparisons of the league then and now. Furthermore, just goes to show how great a player Floyd was! If even half the players had half his work ethic, the League would be so much greater. I really like your piece, nice work.

The Moops
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Floyd thinks they will end the lockout by the end of the month.

He believes Tebow will start and eventually be a star

Hamrob
06-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Most important player in Bronco franchise history, with all due respect to John Elway. Not the absolutely most gifted, John had all the talent in the world, but Floyd was the dream player for any team, in any era, and was a primary reason the Broncos were able to stay put in Denver.I love floyd...but nobody knew about or cared about the Denver Broncos...or Denver for that matter....................until John F-ing Elway.

Let's feel free to love Floyd...but, give me a break!

The Moops
06-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Elway wasn't around in 1967 to save the Broncos when they were on the verge of moving to Birmingham, but Floyd was.

Thanks to Floyd's signing as the Broncos first #1 pick in '67, the franchise was able to sell enough tickets to expand Bears Stadium and remain in Denver.

broncosteven
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I love floyd...but nobody knew about or cared about the Denver Broncos...or Denver for that matter....................until John F-ing Elway.

Let's feel free to love Floyd...but, give me a break!

Without Floyd there would be no Denver Broncos, he was the only star on the team and he saved the Bronco franchise to such an extent that the players nickname for Floyd was "The Franchise".

So remember the shoulders than Giants like Elway stand on. Floyd will always have a place in my heart as well he should have a place in EVERY Bronco fans heart!

The Moops
06-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Steven. It's good to have Maners who were fans when Floyd was The Franchise!

CEH
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
While Little has a major stake in Denver football lore to suggest Denver is without an NFL team in 2011 seems inplausible considering we have all the other major sports + soccer and lacross plus a couple semi pro football teams

Maybe La Chargers move to Denver instead of SD in the 60's and we see Lincoln, Alworth and Air Coryell.

Elway is Mr Denver Bronco or if you want to strap Little with saving the franchise how about Kaiser who made the trade for Elway. Gotta put him up there ahead of John

broncosteven
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
While Little has a major stake in Denver football lore to suggest Denver is without an NFL team in 2011 seems inplausible considering we have all the other major sports + soccer and lacross plus a couple semi pro football teams

Maybe La Chargers move to Denver instead of SD in the 60's and we see Lincoln, Alworth and Air Coryell.

Elway is Mr Denver Bronco or if you want to strap Little with saving the franchise how about Kaiser who made the trade for Elway. Gotta put him up there ahead of John

You do understand that had Denver not been able to sign yet another 1st round draft pick that the franchise would have likely gone to a new city. Moops can explain it better as he wrote the book but they needed to expand the stadium and without a product on the field to draw in fans the AFL was going to move the Broncos out of Denver.

You have to remember that before Floyd the AFL Broncos had not been able to sign a 1st round pick. They drafted Dick Butkus in the 1st round in 1965 but he went to the NFL Bears, Floyd was expected to go to Jets a round or 2 after Denver's pick but the Bronco's FO felt that Floyd was a guy they could build a team around and keep the franchise in Denver.

This was the Broncos darkest hour, no winning season after 7 years, no star players, small fanbase and they played out of a small minor league baseball stadium.

There was no threat for the Broncos to be moved in 1983 anywhere as serious as when Bowlen threatend to move the team if he didn't get Invesco let alone back in 1983 before Elway was signed. in 1983 Denver was still riding the Orange Crush wave and people remembered SB XXII and had hope every year that the team could make the playoffs despite the window closing on the success of the late 70's teams whereas the late 60's teams were the doormat of an expansion league.

Hell Even John admitted that without Floyd there likely would have been no Denver Broncos to trade for him and who knows where he would have played.

Yes Elway finally won us 2 SB's at the end of his career but he couldn't do it without a complete team around him, Floyd was the team, he never had a complete team around him.