PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey is the 48th best player in the Nfl


broncolife
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
They did a poll and like 50% of the fans thought Champ was still the number 1Corner in the league. 2nd place was like 15% or something.

Champs Reaction
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8202fc7b/Top-100-Champ-reacts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8202e810/Top-100-Champ-Bailey
Champ Bailey presented by Owens

sutoazul
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
If it's just for 2011 I think it's fair.

ozomulsion
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
He had quite a name to live up to, but he really is a champ.

Like Champ+++++ would be more accurate.

He's one of the very few players left who knows, and
uses perfect tackle form.

LonghornBronco
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
He should be higher. Champs a complete player with excellent ball skills. No CB ranked higher can play the run nearly as well as Champ.

KipCorrington25
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
He's ranked lower than Bowe although when they faced off Bailey dominated him, list is a joke.

McDman
06-06-2011, 07:44 PM
He's ranked lower than Bowe although when they faced off Bailey dominated him, list is a joke.

Cue the Bob thread...

vancejohnson82
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
he was also ranked as the #6 current defensive back....

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
he was also ranked as the #6 current defensive back....
That's not so bad, though. There are about 5-6 guys up there at the top who I would have a hard time saying are not as good as Champ currently is.

vancejohnson82
06-06-2011, 08:22 PM
That's not so bad, though. There are about 5-6 guys up there at the top who I would have a hard time saying are not as good as Champ currently is.

just had this argument at the bar

Charles Woodson I took exception too...as well as Ed Reed

Smilin Assassin
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm just glad he's on our side. Nothing but respect for the man/player.

Tim
06-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I think top 30 would have been a better placement but I'm happy he made the list since the defense has been so terrible. I will say I believe he is still the best pure man coverage and tackle corner in the league, the other 2-3 guys that are have been mentioned before him don't read and play the run like him and they also don't have to cover for as long as he does. Champ is first ballot HOF..

Pendejo
06-06-2011, 09:35 PM
He had quite a name to live up to, but he really is a champ.

Like Champ+++++ would be more accurate.

He's one of the very few players left who knows, and
uses perfect tackle form.

I don't think he gets enough credit for this. He's not a particularly big man, but he tackles with finality. He's an unbelievable athlete.

Shananahan
06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
just had this argument at the bar

Charles Woodson I took exception too...as well as Ed Reed
I get that, but you have to admit it isn't really a slight at all to say Bailey is just slightly behind, if not at least tied with, those two guys.

I'd put him above Woodson right now, but Reed is still as good as it gets when it comes to what he does for that defense. There's never going to be a list like this everybody agrees on, so considering the top DBs in the NFL, #6 there is much more accurate than the #48 overall is.

Hogan11
06-07-2011, 01:24 AM
I'd rate Champ higher, but he and Boss closed their bar in Athens.

NUB
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM
He's Top 10 or 20 for me.

Garcia Bronco
06-07-2011, 07:23 AM
He's the complete NFL player. No doubt about it.

FantomForce
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I had such a great feeling watching him pick of Brees and taking it to the house

BroncoMan4ever
06-08-2011, 02:21 AM
the world is covered by 75% water, the other 25% Champ is currently covering