PDA

View Full Version : PS3 2 free game promotion

broncosteven
06-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I got this in my email the other day. I don't play online but it appears that Sony had an outage and to get people back they are offering 2 free games for your platform.

Does anyone know which of these are any good? are these online play only?

Two Free PS3 Games
Select two PS3™ games from the following list:
(yours to keep*)
• Dead Nation™
• InFAMOUS™
• LittleBigPlanet™
• Super Stardust™ HD
• WipEout® HD Bundle

I thought I would get LittleBigPlanet for the kids so that leaves me with one more and I have never heard of these.

Which would you pick?

Doggcow
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Don't get Dead Nation... It gets old quick.

:(

If you like GTA/Prototype etc games. Go Infamous.

Super Stardust also looks awesome.

Little Big Planet for kids.

Irish Stout
06-06-2011, 12:44 PM
InFamous is worth it. Pretty fun game.

Jesterhole
06-06-2011, 12:45 PM
If you own a PS3, you need to get Uncharted 2. All over games pale in comparison.

Of that list, Infamous is the only decent choice.

2KBack
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Don't get Dead Nation... It gets old quick.

:(

If you like GTA/Prototype etc games. Go Infamous.

Super Stardust also looks awesome.

Little Big Planet for kids.

little big planet is cute, but way more than a kids game

Cosmo
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Little Big planet is great for kids, although Little Big Planet 2 is out and is much better.

Doggcow
06-06-2011, 12:51 PM
little big planet is cute, but way more than a kids game

It bored me quickly.

LRtagger
06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I was waiting for something like this.

Would have been better to get "credits" towards anything you want from their online store. Picking two games from a list of games I dont want to play is lame. And there's a good chance a lot of users have played or owned all of those games - what do they get out of this?

Doggcow
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I was waiting for something like this.

Would have been better to get "credits" towards anything you want from their online store. Picking two games from a list of games I dont want to play is lame. And there's a good chance a lot of users have played or owned all of those games - what do they get out of this?

They probably can't afford to just give away millions at this point.

yerner
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
If you own a PS3, you need to get Uncharted 2. All over games pale in comparison.

Of that list, Infamous is the only decent choice.

Ah..why can't all games be that good? That **** was epic.

BMarsh615
06-06-2011, 02:02 PM
You can get all 5 games if you use 3 different accounts.

Archer81
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Of the games they presented for the PS3, I own Infamous and Dead Nation. No biggie. If you used the PS Store before the hacking thing, you can get PS Plus for free for 30 days.

And agreed about Uncharted 2. Fantastic game. Uncharted 3 out in November, which by the way looks like an epic month for gaming.

:Broncos:

broncolife
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
When was the offer? The only offer I got was this and it was on May 27.

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity™ Customers

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

If interested, please submit your email address by June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59

broncolife
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM

I got Uncharted 2 for christmas and still havent played it. Too bad I chose to play Heavy Rain, Fiesta and go on a I love lucy marathon for my vacation. :(

Archer81
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

Its available now. Go to playstation store and check it out. Should be a "welcome back" bar on the right hand side of the screen.

:Broncos:

El Guapo
06-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Just got rid of my PS3 cause it had disc read errors. Damn.

broncosteven
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM

I just got my email over the weekend, I didn't get this offer, not sure I would want it sounds like a phishing scam to me but I skimmed it over.

Funny thing is that I don't use their network and never noticed the outage!

LOL

Dagmar
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Dead Nation is woeful. Damn. Infamous is great though.