PDA

View Full Version : COD Black Ops - the king of shooters !!!

ZONA
06-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I've watched several trailers for this game and was undecided if I wanted to get it or not. But this weekend they had a free trail so thought I would give it a try. I was totally blown away with how life like the maps and ambiance were. Much better then I thought the trailers showed. The game play was great also. The guns were awesome and all the attachments and extras were a nice touch.

I honestly have to say it's the best shooter I've played, and that's a long long list. I didn't like Battlefield BC2 all that much. This game almost feels like Counter Strike in a way but obviously with 2011 graphics. I thought the nade explosions were simply mind blowing good. The way they do the shockwave on the blast is bad ass. You swear you can almost actually feel it.

Anybody else play this yet? What were your thoughts

schaaf
06-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I sold my black ops a month after I got it... **** that game

ZONA
06-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I sold my black ops a month after I got it... **** that game

What didn't you like?

RhymesayersDU
06-05-2011, 01:00 AM
The anti-COD people are hilarious. COD on x-box live is great.

schaaf
06-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Wait Zona is this a new game or just a game on Black Ops.

I'm a huge fan of MW2 but not Black Ops. I didn't like the maps, I felt you were at a huge disadvantage unless you were using an assault rifle. I mainly use snipers and the maps were horrible for it, I hated the respawn areas, the new guns, I didn't like the little RC car and many other things... Maybe it's just me but I could not bring myself to like Black Ops, I tried for an entire month I was very let down

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Black ops ****ing blows.

BroncoSojia
06-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Reach >>>>> Black Ops

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Im very drunk and I still think Black Ops sucks.

ant1999e
06-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Im very drunk and I still think Black Ops sucks.

Let me guess, you like Battlefield better? I was waiting for the Doggcow anti COD post.

DHallblows
06-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Let me guess, you like Battlefield better? I was waiting for the Doggcow anti COD post.

It took 4 posts longer than expected...

Smilin Assassin
06-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Love Black Ops, I play it all the time.

I loved Modern Warfare II, too...but w/the One-Man army deal, the grenade launching just got out of control. Now, I won't even look at that game.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Black ops ****ing blows.

Seriously, I'm proud of you right now. And I'm bookmarking this post on the off chance that someone hacked your account ;D

@ schaaf, it didn't even take me 30 days before I traded it.

@ zona, the cons list is too long for me to type on my phone right now.

I couldn't WAIT for that game to come out ( I absolutely loved mw2, and had nothing but the highest hopes for this game), but felt like it regressed in every department aside from weapon customization. I picked up BFBC2 and never looked back.

Smilin Assassin
06-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Pretty much what I expected when I saw the thread title....50% for the game...50% against lol

Ya either love it, or hate it. Personally, I think it's 10x better than MW2, with the only complaint I have being the spawning issues.

Lolad
06-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Call of Duty since the original has gone down in quality cod>cod2>mw>mw2>Bo

I wouldn't expect those of you who play this game on the xbox 360 to feel the same way. Black ops is a 1 gun game, the famas is a laser if you're not using it you're getting outgunned. I Play competitive, its the gun we used all the time. The competitive community grew tired after a month.

The sound is terrible, when you say the ambient sound is great. I laugh!! You can't tell where a person is coming from! That's with $100+ headphones and better sound card then whats in your favorite surround sound system in your home.

The crap that they have flying in the air that's drops FPS (frames per sec). Just to make kids think "oh wow this is great".

I am not a battlefield fan either because I'm a fan of shooters with no vehicles. Blackops is terrible

Smilin Assassin
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
yeah...

DarkHorse
06-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Usually play every night - game has worn off for me but it's still a lot of fun to play with friends and family members.

ant1999e
06-05-2011, 12:13 PM

I wouldn't expect those of you who play this game on the xbox 360 to feel the same way. Black ops is a 1 gun game, the famas is a laser if you're not using it you're getting outgunned. I Play competitive, its the gun we used all the time. The competitive community grew tired after a month.

The sound is terrible, when you say the ambient sound is great. I laugh!! You can't tell where a person is coming from! That's with $100+ headphones and better sound card then whats in your favorite surround sound system in your home.

The crap that they have flying in the air that's drops FPS (frames per sec). Just to make kids think "oh wow this is great".

I am not a battlefield fan either because I'm a fan of shooters with no vehicles. Blackops is terrible

That's the only complaint I have. For the most part, I can usually go positive K/D ratio with my Galil but sometimes I definitely got the drop on someone but because of the gun they use they killed me.

NFLBRONCO
06-05-2011, 01:34 PM

I love COD with or without flaws it might have or not. I think its a society thing now everybody gets tired of the same things over and over which is fine that's their right. It just hurts the guys like me who enjoy certain series of games. (COD Silent Hill are my two top series because they turn out games fast). Only COD I haven't played is the first one. I can't believe its better then COD2 but, maybe someone who played it can tell me otherwise is first game worth getting?

Gcver2ver3
06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
mw2 is still the best fps out...

Agamemnon
06-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm so sick of pretty much all the pseudo-realistic, poop-brown shooters out there. They're just so boring and uninspired.

gyldenlove
06-05-2011, 02:56 PM
For me the problems with Black Ops is definitely gun balance and colors. If you play a rushing style game you need the 74u and if you play any other style you need the FAMAS those guns are so much better than any alternative in that game it is stupid. The colors are so bland and with a few exeptions the map design is boring as hell.

I think Black ops do many things right, I think they have eliminated overpowered perks and deathstreaks, the kill steaks are also much more balanced even though I would like to see the chopper gunner get dialed back. The maps are better balanced than many of the MW2 maps and allow for different game styles to be successful, I also like that they nerfed launchers pretty hard and that they made sniping harder.

Many of the maps are still too small to support 9v9, the only maps it works well on is cracked and grid.

They need to dial back either bullet spread or recoil on a bunch of guns, I am happy there is no ACR in this game, but it would be nice if you could fire a commando or AK47 and have some expectation that more than the first bullet would hit.

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 03:29 PM
This is how you play black ops

NURRR I HAVE GHOST AND A SILENCED GALIL OR AK74U NURR

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 03:30 PM
For the record I always use hardline, because I'm not a ****ing pussy.

gyldenlove
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
For the record I always use hardline, because I'm not a ****ing p***Y.

I prefer lightweight for almost all my classes except for Domination and Demo when I use flak jacket.

Lolad
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with the bullet spread. In Black ops the gun randomly jerks to the right (at least on PC). That's the developers way of putting in a learning curve which fails.

I agree with you about the bland colors, I have my digital vibrance turned up to 100% and everything blends in.

I believe some of us have ruined future games, I remember when I used to ask for less linear maps. More variety, more pathways. Now you can be shot from tons of places. Counter strike source or even cod/cod2 had it right. The less pathways the better.

Things that people probably don't realize is the ambient sound. Trains going by, bombs going off, rockets being refueled. Is TERRIBLE! They should give you an option to turn it off.

gyldenlove
06-05-2011, 03:52 PM
There is nothing wrong with the bullet spread. In Black ops the gun randomly jerks to the right (at least on PC). That's the developers way of putting in a learning curve which fails.

I agree with you about the bland colors, I have my digital vibrance turned up to 100% and everything blends in.

I believe some of us have ruined future games, I remember when I used to ask for less linear maps. More variety, more pathways. Now you can be shot from tons of places. Counter strike source or even cod/cod2 had it right. The less pathways the better.

Things that people probably don't realize is the ambient sound. Trains going by, bombs going off, rockets being refueled. Is TERRIBLE! They should give you an option to turn it off.

The problem I have with bullet spread is that varies so much by gun. If I have an mp5k, I am going to need the better part of a clip to kill anyone at near point blank range because even though the recoil is controllable the bullets randomly go all over the place, on the other hand with a 74u there is almost no spread and I only need to compensate for recoil which on that gun is very predictable.

The same is true for an AK74 vs a galil or Famas, the AK74 even though the recoil is really no worse than it is on a Galil or Commando it randomly spreads the bullets much more than the other guns, and the Famas doesn't spread its bullets at all, it only has that minimal upwards recoil which is only going to matter on the longest range shots.

I think the recoil aside from a few guns is pretty decent, it is not too terrible and you can learn to handle it (the famas has much less than other weapons making it superior), but the random spread needs to be gone, it completely ruins some guns.

ant1999e
06-05-2011, 04:19 PM

But you play COD so surely you are a pussy.

FireFly
06-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I love COD.

But I really didn't like Black -Ops.

I can't put my finger on it, but it just didn't do it for me. The last one was great, this one just seemed... meh

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I love COD.

But I really didn't like Black -Ops.

I can't put my finger on it, but it just didn't do it for me. The last one was great, this one just seemed... meh

Because it sucked. Duh.

Smilin Assassin
06-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Hardline's for pussies who can't get a legit killstreak. notsofast

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Hardline's for pussies who can't get a legit killstreak. notsofast

Lol ok. 1 kill vs hiding like a pussy with ghost? Yeah... Quite a bit easier to just camp in a corner for that last kill.

ant1999e
06-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I gotta agree, hardline is for hardcore bitches. You should stick to games like Battlefield.

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I gotta agree, hardline is for hardcore b****es. You should stick to games like Battlefield.

lol. Maybe for kids that have a hard time getting killstreaks. But I'm reaching my killstreaks every life whether I use hardline or not.

I don't even use a care package either.

DarkHorse
06-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Another note - I only play capture the flag - can't stand team deathmatch where everyone hides in corners and the top player has 15 kills. Slow, slow, boring game mode.

Cap the flag is non stop action, run n gun, no camping other than the flag defenders.

Ghost Pro
Sleight of hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Either: PM63 w/rapid fire, Mac 11 w/rapid fire, 74u w/rapid fire or Kiparis w/rapid fire

Yep, I like the sub machine guns with rapid fire :)

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I gotta agree, hardline is for hardcore b****es. You should stick to games like Battlefield.

just out of curiosity, do you not like battlefield? Or are you just saying that because ultimately it's a more team oriented/realistic fps experience?

schaaf
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
just a question for you guys to gauge your opinion... do you consider it camping when a person has a claymore behind him and is in the open or on a hilltop sniping???

I've gotten into many arguments because I consider camping hiding behind a doorway in a corner with an assault rifle. just a Q

Doggcow
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
just a question for you guys to gauge your opinion... do you consider it camping when a person has a claymore behind him and is in the open or on a hilltop sniping???

I've gotten into many arguments because I consider camping hiding behind a doorway in a corner with an assault rifle. just a Q

Camping is when you sit in one spot and hardly move. No matter how or where.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM

This.

ant1999e
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
just out of curiosity, do you not like battlefield? Or are you just saying that because ultimately it's a more team oriented/realistic fps experience?

I like Battlefield. It's just that every time someone makes a thread about COD and how they enjoy it, Doggcow comes in and tells us how much it sucks and that Battlefield is so much better.

gyldenlove
06-05-2011, 08:09 PM

It depends, I consider camping to be sitting in a low traffic area picking up people who happen to come by.

I don't consider it camping if you are in the tin building on firing range with a claymore on the steps because you are controlling the map that way, but if you sit back behind the jeep behind the tin building waiting for people to run by that is camping.

gyldenlove
06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Another note - I only play capture the flag - can't stand team deathmatch where everyone hides in corners and the top player has 15 kills. Slow, slow, boring game mode.

Cap the flag is non stop action, run n gun, no camping other than the flag defenders.

Ghost Pro
Sleight of hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Either: PM63 w/rapid fire, Mac 11 w/rapid fire, 74u w/rapid fire or Kiparis w/rapid fire

I prefer Demo or Domination, I hate the CTF spawns, you kill two guys on the way to get the flag, then they spawn right in your face as soon as you take the flag.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I like Battlefield. It's just that every time someone makes a thread about COD and how they enjoy it, Doggcow comes in and tells us how much it sucks and that Battlefield is so much better.

Gotcha.

schaaf
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
It depends, I consider camping to be sitting in a low traffic area picking up people who happen to come by.

I don't consider it camping if you are in the tin building on firing range with a claymore on the steps because you are controlling the map that way, but if you sit back behind the jeep behind the tin building waiting for people to run by that is camping.

This is exactly my opinion

Los Broncos
06-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I only use ghost on one of my classes, mostly for rushing with SMG's or shot guns.

Now only if I could get tack mask pro, that's like the best perk with flak jacket pro and SOH pro.

Has anything read the info on the new COD Elite, you'll have to pay for it, but not really sure what it is yet.

ZONA
06-05-2011, 10:37 PM

I would say that was my ONLY problem with BO's. And you're absolutely correct. People have whined about getting sniped for so long, they eventually just made so many routes in the map that sniping is not even hardly possible in this game (not to mention the random spawning). On the flip side, you can't just have a super simple linear map with 2 or 3 routes because the snipers just camp those.

What the NEED to frickin do is pull their heads out and use the best of both types of maps. You need to have a semi-linear map that is widest in the middle and that area will have the most short cuts and multiple routes. Then it tapers as it goes further back, not as many routes. And you don't just spawn a player anywhere on the map. You must have spawn regions. Each side has their own spawn regions on separate sides of the map. You don't need to go as far as having spawn rooms so the enemy knows exactly where you will spawn but at least spawning on one side of the map will prevent those gay easy kills. The thing I like most about a semi-linear map is that you feel like your advancing your position the deeper you go towards the middle and even into the other teams area. You can be tactical about it. With the way the maps are set up on BO, you spawn and just get to the nearest cover asap before you ass is fragged. Countless times I spawned, looked all around to make sure it was clear, headed off for some cover and thwap, right in the back from a player who just spawned right where I had looked before.

But that was my only complaint, which is something I think they could fix very easily. Just make some maps which are not total chaos layouts. Everything else I loved. The graphics to me were great, the guns were great. Yeah, the RC car was sorta gay but I could live with that.

Funny thing, I was going to retrieve my package that was dropped, as soon as I to to it and started to open it, somebody else had a package dropped and it landed right on top of me and killed me - to funny.

RhymesayersDU
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Ghost Pro
Sleight of hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Same here. What I enjoy about CTF is that it's a lengthy game mode, but it also has an objective. I really enjoy playing games with an objective rather than just killing. S&D, CTF, etc. CTF you get to play for what, 10 minutes, and you can get your kills in, you can pursue the flag, etc. A lot going on. I used to play a lot of S&D in MW but have played less and less of that.

I love the 74u with rapid fire and the handle attachments, using warlord pro for perk 2 of course. I use Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro on all my classes.

In general, I agree with this:

However, it brings up a second question:

Is camping bad?

I say not necessarily. If you're playing a game like S&D or CTF, camping may be a part of it, protecting an objective, a part of the map, etc.

Conversely, if you're going to sit in your spawn, or some remote corner of the map and have an ending score of 5 kills and 2 deaths because you totally removed yourself from all the action, well then you're quite lame. Likewise, if you're going to sit and camp and not pursue the objective; there's a lot of this in S&D where there's no respawn. I've watched kids sit in their spots for 3-4 minutes straight when they're the only teammate alive until time runs out. Again, quite lame.

Really, it's all about situation.

DarkHorse
06-06-2011, 07:15 AM
I prefer Demo or Domination, I hate the CTF spawns, you kill two guys on the way to get the flag, then they spawn right in your face as soon as you take the flag.

I agree, I hate how they have the spawns but CTF is still an extremely fun game mode.

There's really not much camping in CTF unless they're back defending their flag which is what they're supposed to do. However, finding some jackoff sitting in a corner in the middle of the map not trying to do anything more than rack up TDM type kills is camping.

The teams I play with split into 3 groups usually: 2 defenders guarding the flag, 2 runners and 2 "rovers". The Rovers usually run around at the middle of the map and wait for the runners to get the flag, then escort them back to cap.

gyldenlove
06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
I agree, I hate how they have the spawns but CTF is still an extremely fun game mode.

There's really not much camping in CTF unless they're back defending their flag which is what they're supposed to do. However, finding some jackoff sitting in a corner in the middle of the map not trying to do anything more than rack up TDM type kills is camping.

The teams I play with split into 3 groups usually: 2 defenders guarding the flag, 2 runners and 2 "rovers". The Rovers usually run around at the middle of the map and wait for the runners to get the flag, then escort them back to cap.

The only camping I ever really find in CTF is spawn camping because the spawns are so locked in, for some reason I almost exclusively play CTF on summit and that map is really easy to spawn camp on in CTF. For the one flag you set up by the C-dom point, behind the forklift and in the one shed, that forces their spawn way back and they can not really do much unless many of them are dead at the same time so they all spawn in and unload with their nades.

Smilin Assassin
06-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Has anything read the info on the new COD Elite, you'll have to pay for it, but not really sure what it is yet.

Watch this if you haven't seen it. Looks interesting, and the guy definately had me laughin'.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g98ewr3Zsss?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g98ewr3Zsss?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Los Broncos
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Watch this if you haven't seen it. Looks interesting, and the guy definately had me laughin'.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g98ewr3Zsss?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g98ewr3Zsss?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:spit: