PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ticket Update

Smilin Assassin
06-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Got this today regarding the labor dispute/Sunday Ticket.....looks like I gotta call and jump through hoops again once the season is confirmed.....

Your NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ subscription is set to automatically renew for the 2011 season. Due to the NFL's uncertain labor situation, DIRECTV is offering all
subscribers a no-risk policy. There will be absolutely no charge for your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription until it is confirmed that the 2011 NFL season will begin.

What happens with your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription during the dispute?

• A balance of $0.00 will show for the NFL SUNDAY TICKET portion of your bill.

• Once an agreement is reached, your subscription will renew for six easy payments of $53.99 each.

• If any games are cancelled from the season schedule, the balance on your bill will be adjusted accordingly.

For more information about your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription during the dispute, please visit directv.com/nfllabor.

maher_tyler
06-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Got this today regarding the labor dispute/Sunday Ticket.....looks like I gotta call and jump through hoops again once the season is confirmed.....

Your NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ subscription is set to automatically renew for the 2011 season. Due to the NFL's uncertain labor situation, DIRECTV is offering all
subscribers a no-risk policy. There will be absolutely no charge for your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription until it is confirmed that the 2011 NFL season will begin.

What happens with your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription during the dispute?

• A balance of $0.00 will show for the NFL SUNDAY TICKET portion of your bill.

• Once an agreement is reached, your subscription will renew for six easy payments of $53.99 each.
• If any games are cancelled from the season schedule, the balance on your bill will be adjusted accordingly.

For more information about your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription during the dispute, please visit directv.com/nfllabor.

LOL

How much extra is super fan?? My bill is already $100/month.

That $53.99 for 6 months equals $323.94. Think i'll find a bar or something to go to...

Dr. Broncenstein
06-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, right. If we inexplicably bill you during a labor lockout, you can protest the charges by calling our customer service line in Mumbai. They'll sort it right out.

Doggcow
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, right. If we inexplicably bill you during a labor lockout, you can protest the charges by calling our customer service line in Mumbai. They'll sort it right out.

Actually directv's customer service is great.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Actually directv's customer service is great.

I've been a Sunday Ticket subscriber for nine years, until just recently. I've been able to manage my account online, including adding / cancelling new subscriptions. Once the lockout actually hit, I tried to cancel my Sunday Ticket subscription online... which was not possible. Cancelling Sunday ticket requires a phone call, and in my case around 15 minutes of hold time. Then the customer service agent went through the standard rebuttal series in an attempt to keep me from cancelling. I found this to be fairly annoying, which I assume was the point.

mwill07
06-04-2011, 04:36 AM
LOL

How much extra is super fan?? My bill is already $100/month.

That $53.99 for 6 months equals $323.94. Think i'll find a bar or something to go to...

Fyi: you can negotiate the cost. I've never paid more than $180.

oubronco
06-04-2011, 09:08 AM

Peggy is it that you

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Fyi: you can negotiate the cost. I've never paid more than $180.

Yep....it's about time for my annual Sunday Ticket negotiation call.

15 to 20 minutes of hassle, but worth it to save $150 to $200.

maher_tyler
06-04-2011, 09:22 AM

What do you say to knock the price down that much?

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2011, 09:32 AM

I get them down to $29.99 a month for 6 payments and then get them to toss something like high def free for the year.

I tell them I pay a lot of money for directv and have their premium package and the Sunday Ticket added in is too expensive for me to pay for the next 6 months. I tell them I usually get it for $29.99 a month plus free high def for the year.

That saves $120 off Sunday Ticket (more this year) plus $120 or so with the free high def, as I think that is $10 a month, or it used to be.

Jetmeck
06-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Good luck getting anything off the Sunday ticket.

broncocalijohn
06-04-2011, 10:00 AM

Once an agreement is reached, your subscription will renew for six easy payments of $53.99 each.

Tell them how do they know it would be "easy"? Let them know you make $9 an hour and that that easy payment of $320 is tough on a family of 8. Really lay it into them. Tell them welfare checks are getting harder to come by and no one is hiring illegal Canadian workers like they used to a few years ago.

BTW, 17 weeks at almost $20 a Sunday seems pretty steep price for games that you might only care about the Broncos. I had the huge sat dish and got the Denver Network package for $8 a month. Interviews after the Denver game was worth the price alone.

mkporter
06-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Good luck getting anything off the Sunday ticket.

When I had it, I'd get a discount every year. Usually around 50%. You just have to call and say it is too much money. May take a call or two, but it will happen. Lot's of people have found the same. Try it out.

Smilin Assassin
06-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Usually they'll look at your account history and help you out. I've been getting sunday ticket since '95, and I use that.

Like SouthStand mentioned, knocks it down to $29.99 payments vs the $53.99 ones. Just sad ya gotta call and go through the deal to do it. But, I'm not paying $300+ for the year.

Requiem
06-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Lol, what a rip-off. Watch all the games online, for free.

BlueCrusher
06-04-2011, 11:08 AM
I've been a Sunday Ticket subscriber for nine years, until just recently. I've been able to manage my account online, including adding / cancelling new subscriptions. Once the lockout actually hit, I tried to cancel my Sunday Ticket subscription online... which was not possible. Cancelling Sunday ticket requires a phone call, and in my case around 15 minutes of hold time. Then the customer service agent went through the standard rebuttal series in an attempt to keep me from cancelling. I found this to be fairly annoying, which I assume was the point.

Another thing that sucks is that you are still responsible for whatever was charged for Sunday Ticket. I cancelled last year after my first payment was due and they made me pay the payment anyway...shisters.

Bronco Yoda
06-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Seriously? Do you have to threaten dropping everything? My bill is already well north of $100 a month.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Seriously? Do you have to threaten dropping everything? My bill is already well north of $100 a month.

Nope....simply tell them you can't afford the Sunday Ticket at the current price. Tell them you are a loyal customer and know of others who are getting the Sunday Ticket for $29.99 a month, which fits into your budget.

Smilin Assassin
06-04-2011, 11:47 AM

Just threaten to cancel the Sunday Ticket...complain about the high price. You don't have to cancel your entire DirectV account.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2011, 11:48 AM
If the service rep you are talking to won't give you the deal, ask to talk to a customer retention representative.

Bronco Yoda
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Thx guys.

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Ahhhhh, for the money I saved by cancelling Sunday Ticket this year, I got a pair of season tickets to the local Red Sox minor league team. Eff you, NFL.

eddie mac
06-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Not many decent streams about these days for gratis.

schaaf
06-04-2011, 04:08 PM

I still haven't found a streaming website since they shut down adthe? You have a couple?

broncosteven
06-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I get them down to $29.99 a month for 6 payments and then get them to toss something like high def free for the year.

I tell them I pay a lot of money for directv and have their premium package and the Sunday Ticket added in is too expensive for me to pay for the next 6 months. I tell them I usually get it for $29.99 a month plus free high def for the year.

That saves $120 off Sunday Ticket (more this year) plus $120 or so with the free high def, as I think that is $10 a month, or it used to be.

I didn't hold them up that much, I did get the last half of last year and upgraded to HD gear for free, the only good thing mCd did for me, had the Broncos not sucked I wouldn't have called looking for a discount.