PDA

View Full Version : Lockout on it's way out?

srphoenix
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I can only hope this is the start of some real progress and the end of the posturing and legal maneuvering. Especially since this is the first year in like 7 years that the Broncos will be playing at Green Bay and at Minneapolis, meaning I'll finally get to see them in person again.

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
The minnesota federal court has cancelled mediation set next week saying it is engaged in confidential settlement talks with the parties

broncosteven
06-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I am hoping the owners who flew into the small Dupage County Air Port here in IL (that is about 5 miles from my home) can get this thing resolved.

I am hoping they didn't fly in just to go to Diamonds Gentleman's Club (which is near the AP but is teh suck) or go to Pheasant Run to catch some average dinner theater...

Tombstone RJ
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Both sides need to realize that the only ones getting screwed are the fans. If their is not a full season of NFL football I think you'll witness a pretty decent size exodus of fans from the NFL and right now, the way this economy sits, that could be a death toll for some of the teams...

Kaylore
06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Well it's a start. I heard of the secret meeting on Mike and Mike this morning. Hopefully it's a good sign.

DarkHorse30
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
WHOA......does that mean all of the political triping on this board can actually go away? :sunshine::ROFL!:yayaya::egbgb:

Gcver2ver3
06-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Both sides need to realize that the only ones getting screwed are the fans. If their is not a full season of NFL football I think you'll witness a pretty decent size exodus of fans from the NFL and right now, the way this economy sits, that could be a death toll for some of the teams...

as much as i love the nfl, i will not let them off the hook if we miss even a single game...

billionaires arguing with millionaires over that much money while us fans suffer is a sad thing...

i know its a business but i have to set a standard...if the season is at all compromised, i'm not spending a dime on the game...i'll watch no games, buy no merchandise, cancel my NFL ticket and not buy any tickets to games...

i won't be missed as an individual but i'd do it regardless...

OBF1
06-02-2011, 01:38 PM
as much as i love the nfl, i will not let them off the hook if we miss even a single game...

billionaires arguing with millionaires over that much money while us fans suffer is a sad thing...

i know its a business but i have to set a standard...if the season is at all compromised, i'm not spending a dime on the game...i'll watch no games, buy no merchandise, cancel my NFL ticket and not buy any tickets to games...

I am calling BS. You have posted over 5,000 times on a message board. You will watch football, you will complain on the internet. Resistance is futile. ROFL!

HooptyHoops
06-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I can only hope this is the start of some real progress and the end of the posturing and legal maneuvering. Especially since this is the first year in like 7 years that the Broncos will be playing at Green Bay and at Minneapolis, meaning I'll finally get to see them in person again.

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
The minnesota federal court has cancelled mediation set next week saying it is engaged in confidential settlement talks with the parties

This is AWESOME news! I don't want to get my hopes up, but man, I love this glimmer of hope!!

Bronco Yoda
06-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm

bronco militia
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
yawn...whatever

League, NFLPA* issue joint statement on not-so-secret talks
Posted by Mike Florio on June 2, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT

What initially appeared to be a clandestine meeting of a subset of owners but then became a secret NFL-NFLPA* negotiating session eventually has become an off-site mediation gathering prompted by U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan (pictured).

The league and the union-turned-trade-association issued a joint statement on Thursday regarding the situation: “The parties met pursuant to court mediation. Owners and players were engaged in confidential discussions before Chief Magistrate Judge Boylan. The court has ordered continued confidentiality of the mediation sessions.”

Thus, given that Magistrate Judge Boylan instigated the talks, the only truly good news to come out of the two-day get-together comes from the fact that the lawyers were left out of the process.

Whether the lawyers return when mediation resumes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen whether any real progress has been made. Hopefully, the lawyers have been excluded from the process until the time comes to put the “wherefores” and “heretofores” into a written settlement agreement.

Still, the fact that the parties didn’t agree to these talks on their own makes us much less optimistic about the possibility that the concrete blocks of an eventual house of labor peace have been dropped into place.

BlaK-Argentina
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Please, I want my football damnit.

El Minion
06-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

@dkaplanSBJ (http://twitter.com/#%21/dkaplanSBJ) daniel kaplan: The minnesota federal court has cancelled mediation set next week saying it is engaged in confidential settlement talks with the parties

Rausch 2.0
06-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Sounds like the owners got word their case didn't look so good...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Safe to fap?

/**** it

///fap fap fap

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
WHOA......does that mean all of the political triping on this board can actually go away? :sunshine::ROFL!:yayaya::egbgb:

/FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

cmhargrove
06-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Kudos for your ethics, but as far as me and my family - i'm buying the Sunday Ticket, probably buying a stitched Tebow jersey, and attending the Broncos game @ Arrowhead.

Its a game. I love it.

I have more issues with the big oil companies (and the middle east regimes they help support), but i'm not boycotting gasoline any time soon.

Kaylore
06-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Sounds like the owners got word their case didn't look so good...

I think it's the players, actually. The rumor is they became much more reasonable once the owners won a stay on the injunction. The 8th circuit court is very business friendly and will likely rule for the owners. The stay alone hurts because the players are normally collecting money for workouts right now. It also bought time for the owners and the longer this drags on, the more it squeezes the players and leads to an owner victory. My suspicion is both parties agreed to this with a greater sense of urgency coming from the players.

TheReverend
06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Kudos for your ethics, but as far as me and my family - i'm buying the Sunday Ticket, probably buying a stitched Tebow jersey, and attending the Broncos game @ Arrowhead.

Its a game. I love it.

I have more issues with the big oil companies (and the middle east regimes they help support), but i'm not boycotting gasoline any time soon.

Grab a cheap Tebow jersey from Tarajersey.com

Guarantee the NFL won't see a dime of it :)

Captain 'Dre
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM

It's not that us fans are "getting screwed"... It's that the fans are the league's meal-ticket, and if they alienate us a la MLB in '95, it's the NFL itself-- the owners and players-- who will ultimately suffer.

The NFL cannot afford for a huge chunk of the fan base to no longer give a schidt. ugh!~

Rausch 2.0
06-02-2011, 03:44 PM
It also bought time for the owners and the longer this drags on, the more it squeezes the players and leads to an owner victory. My suspicion is both parties agreed to this with a greater sense of urgency coming from the players.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yh9cNYlmXEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bronco Yoda
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
It's not that us fans are "getting screwed"... It's that the fans are the league's meal-ticket, and if they alienate us a la MLB in '95, it's the NFL itself-- the owners and players-- who will ultimately suffer.

The NFL cannot afford for a huge chunk of the fan base to no longer give a schidt. ugh!~

We're addicts and they know it.

fdf
06-02-2011, 04:28 PM

No. It's offseason. That's what OM does in the offseason.

Gcver2ver3
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM
I am calling BS. You have posted over 5,000 times on a message board. You will watch football, you will complain on the internet.

lol, good point...

sadly, you're prolly right...

gunns
06-02-2011, 05:52 PM

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan

That sounds very hopeful. I don't think I've looked so forward to a season in the last 10 years.

Hi my name is gunns and I'm an addict.

bronco610
06-02-2011, 10:13 PM
That sounds very hopeful. I don't think I've looked so forward to a season in the last 10 years.

Hi, gunns !!!:kiss:

ol#7
06-03-2011, 01:19 AM
lol, good point...

sadly, you're prolly right...

Of course hes right!

I live in M.F. Germany, and just dropped $850 bucks on a pair of cheap seats because after a dozen or so years I finally got a chance to buy season tickets. Lucky for me, a buddy of mine is headed back to Ft. Carson and is also a Bronco fan, so he's taking most of those, but I would have bought them regardless.

Any other sport, I could care less if there was a lockout/strike/no games, just different with the NFL.

Taco John
06-03-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm actually worried about this whole thing. We should be seeing June mini camps, and having offenses and defenses being installed right now. For a team like ours, trying to rebuild, this lockout is a terrible thing - even if they do come to an agreement at the 11th hour.

Kaylore
06-03-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm actually worried about this whole thing. We should be seeing June mini camps, and having offenses and defenses being installed right now. For a team like ours, trying to rebuild, this lockout is a terrible thing - even if they do come to an agreement at the 11th hour.

Yeah it definitely hurts rebuilding teams more. We're going to be pretty bad either way, though. This is one of those "things you cannot change" and so we just have to deal. Personally, I'm going to use the time to re-watch the entire Highlander series.

gunns
06-03-2011, 06:30 AM

Yes, but every team is going to be in the same situation so at whatever level each team is at, we'll be on the same playing field. I'm just looking at it, for the Broncos, as how we've improved in each area and how to gauge what I can expect for next year. And I have the delight in thinking that NOTHING can be as bad as last year.

Captain 'Dre
06-03-2011, 07:48 AM
We're addicts and they know it.

Except that (for me, anyway) it's like being addicted to coffee... not heroin.

Already, I care less about what happens with the labor strife than I did 3 months ago.

Not that I don't care AT ALL... but I *have* discovered that life would still go on, even without NFL football, and I still have college football so that I'm not jonesing out of control.

Captain 'Dre
06-03-2011, 07:49 AM

Hi, gunns!!!" :yayaya:

Captain 'Dre
06-03-2011, 07:54 AM

I suspect you're right. Established teams with a lot of continuity will be hurt less by the missed time.

Although it ultimately shouldn't really matter for this squad, because reaching the postseason is so unlikely, anyway.

eddie mac
06-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Yes, but every team is going to be in the same situation so at whatever level each team is at, we'll be on the same playing field. I'm just looking at it, for the Broncos, as how we've improved in each area and how to gauge what I can expect for next year. And I have the delight in thinking that NOTHING can be as bad as last year.

Thing is though Gunns we need to improve to close the gap, other teams can sit still and still pulverise us in games. That's the difference here. We need Von Miller to play now, Pittsburgh can let their first rounder sit for a year, that's why the no camps hurt us more. Our rookies are needed now.

bronco militia
06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
adam schefter was saying this morning that todays decision may not be heard for 2-6 weeks

Garcia Bronco
06-03-2011, 02:47 PM
There isn't gping to be a season and all you addicts that say you'll quit.....yeah...you'll be back.

bowtown
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
There isn't gping to be a season and all you addicts that say you'll quit.....yeah...you'll be back.

Maybe, but I'm definitely not going to or watching any games at least until they agree to lift the lockout.

Garcia Bronco
06-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Maybe, but I'm definitely not going to or watching any games at least until they agree to lift the lockout.

LOL...I think that applies to everyone. :)

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I've already taken the necessary steps to ensure I won't be going back to the NFL this season, or any time soon. You're underestimating my will and stubbornness when I feel that I have been wronged.

bronco militia
06-03-2011, 03:30 PM
so is the lockout over yet?

no!?!?!

what happened?!?!

yawn

TheReverend
06-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah it definitely hurts rebuilding teams more. We're going to be pretty bad either way, though. This is one of those "things you cannot change" and so we just have to deal. Personally, I'm going to use the time to re-watch the entire Highlander series.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Burn it and mail it to me.

The show not the movies right?

Chris
06-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Having him wake up in a pool of sweat after dreaming about his dead french girlfriend the 600th time got stale.

broncocalijohn
07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
All you need to do is put the above two websites on a post and watch this guy troll into action.

serious hops
07-13-2011, 10:27 PM
All you need to do is put the above two websites on a post and watch this guy troll into action.

Pretty sure that "guy" is probably a bot.

AK Broncomaniac
07-14-2011, 01:28 AM

And I was hoping you'd at least make it to the Miami game... I know I'll be there. Compromise on my part if the season is shortened... maybe. But I'm ready for some Bronco football, short season or not!!! :sunshine: