PDA

View Full Version : Once the lockout is over, what are you most excited for this season?

montrose
06-01-2011, 04:38 PM
No "other" option, you have to choose from these. BWAHAHAHA :curtsey:

DemonEagles
06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
legit

montrose
06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Came up with this list after spinning around ideas with a couple people all day, they're really are some intriguing things to watch for this year. Obviously Tebow's going to be the easy choice - but I think you can make a case that the highest draft pick in team history should cause equal excitement. Miller was coined as an early-impact player at a major position of value so it'll be interesting to see how effective he can be a rookie. I'm trying to temper my expectations as the last rookie I was this excited so see was Moreno who obviously dissapointed. With that, he is the #2 pick and I don't think its wrong for any of us to demand big-time impact from that selection especially considering what Suh did last year. Speaking of Moreno, Elway said recently they're hoping he has a breakout year and I am intrigued to see him as its his make-or-break year as far as I'm concerned. Is he just a 3rd down back or has he truly been hampered by injuries and a bad OL and will now show why he was highly touted coming out of school? I'd put Royal in that same group with Moreno, was he just a bad fit in McDs offense or was his rookie year just a fluke? I've long thought Ayers got a bad rap as he was playing out of position and was even coming on last year until he broke his foot, he really could be a monster 4-3 DE I think. There's tons of things to get excited about and hopefully once this lockout is over we'll get a chance to enjoy all of them.

Flex Gunmetal
06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
All intriguing options, good poll OP. Had to go w/ the 1st choice, but I'm interested to see how Von Doom works.

CEH
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Tebow then Fox's D then Von Doom
Royal is interesting because in '08 and '09 he had some very exciting and long plays. Over 71+ about 6-8 times.
Not really interested in Knowshown as most ppl think his injuries are a fluky thing whwn in fact I think just the opposite everyone in the NFL is injured by the mid way point. The real men play through injury and succeed

GreatBronco16
06-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm actually interested in all of them. But nooooooo, you made me choose Tebow.

2KBack
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Tebow then Fox's D then Von Doom
Royal is interesting because in '08 and '09 he had some very exciting and long plays. Over 71+ about 6-8 times.
Not really interested in Knowshown as most ppl think his injuries are a fluky thing whwn in fact I think just the opposite everyone in the NFL is injured by the mid way point. The real men play through injury and succeed

Not to be nitpicky, but he's only gone 71+ yards total in 11 games, so I think you might be a little off on the 71+ yard plays.

barryr
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
I went with Millerīs impact since I think he really has the starting job locked up already. If Miller becomes the impact player he figures to be, especially as a pass rusher, combined with Dumervil, they could have a dynamic pass rush and that alone, would improve the defense significantly.

gunns
06-01-2011, 06:08 PM
The defense first, then the first game of the season.

spdirty
06-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm just interested to see improvement, and a franchise run by a mature front office and coach.

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Great list. I think Tebow's obviously the most attractive and important option, but it really is a very comprehensive list.

In fact, I'd say the only things I'm excited about but aren't on there are:

FO:
1. Who do we add via FA/Trade?
2. Where do we dump Orton off to?

Team:
3. Which G/T wins the RT position?
4. Can McBath stay healthy?

Coaching:
5. Schemes

Dudeskey
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Tebow & our re-revamped defense

FireFly
06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
There really is a lot to be excited about and interested in.

Our O-line is actually the area I'm hoping for the most improvement and the keenest to hear updates on.

I've given up on Moreno and still holding out hope for Royal

oubronco
06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm really wanting to see the new Defense

2KBack
06-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I am psyched to see all of these things. As an eternal optimist, I see a lot of potential for some fun Bronco football.

I really want to see Ayers and Moreno put in better systems for their talents.

I am giddy at the prospect of Miller and Doom rushing simultaneously.

Just from looking at the way the draft went it looks like it should be a opportunistic defense which I've missed....okay I missed defense in general.

There is some talent on the oline, I really want to see how they look with a real oline coach.

I hope Vaughn gets more looks as a kick returner, he was electric at the end of the season.

Mjolnir
06-01-2011, 08:04 PM
The improvement of the second year players.

Seeing if Walton and Beadles can improve with a years worth of experience and hoping Decker can be the breakout reciever everyone thinks he can be.

CEH
06-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Not to be nitpicky, but he's only gone 71+ yards total in 11 games, so I think you might be a little off on the 71+ yard plays.

I did say "about". The positive spirit of the post still stands

MIA 95 yards
BUF 71 yards
CLEV 93 yards
SD 93 , 71 yards
SF 78 yards (called back)

2KBack
06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I did say "about". The positive spirit of the post still stands

MIA 95 yards
BUF 71 yards
CLEV 93 yards
SD 93 , 71 yards
SF 78 yards (called back)

I won't argue with positive spirit, I do it myself. I apologize for letting my statistical OCD get the better of me.

Baba Booey
06-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Excited about everything you listed, but Tebow is my choice.

DemonEagles
06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I am interested in how good Duece Staley is going to be in madden 01

maher_tyler
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I choose Tebow! If i had a 2nd choice it'd have been Doom. No telling if he'll return to form. The big sack numbers he put up were in the 3-4. Will those numbers translate going back to the 4-3/coming off of injury? Time will tell.

Punisher
06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
It's all about V.Miller if he becomes a elite Line Backer in this league the broncos will be in the top five in defense for years.

maven
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Orton given his walking papers.

HAT
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Voted A..... because of the way it was worded and no 'other' option.

Not because of Tebow, but because I don't think he can take it from Orton unless Denver is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs or Orton gets traded.

This whole lockout thing just sucks so bad. I desperately wanted Orton traded pre-draft but now that that has passed Fox just needs to roll with KO for the most part & use Teebz as a change of pace.

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Went with the Tebow option (where was the multiple options Baja?) but one you forgot was "Not seeing Josh **** up another season" option. Glad I jumped off that bandwagon months before it crashed in December.

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Went with the Tebow option (where was the multiple options Baja?) but one you forgot was "Not seeing Josh **** up another season" option. Glad I jumped off that bandwagon months before it crashed in December.

montrose =/= baja you illiterate mound of feces

Nice non-chalant patting yourself on the back too, you attention whore

broncocalijohn
06-02-2011, 12:03 AM
montrose =/= baja you illiterate mound of feces

Nice non-chalant patting yourself on the back too, you attention whore

God almighty! You craving me. Maybe since I was a big backer of McDaniels, some might forget that I started calling him out. Dumb decisions on the field and dumping Hillis for a pick and Quinn started it. Unlike some here that saw the POS earlier, I backed the wrong horse and my posts clearly shows that. I corrected a wrong. Something you probably would have trouble doing. But your insults are getting better. You made sure you didnt use a sexual slur.

strafen
06-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I'd wish there was a multiple choice option.
Obviously Tebow's development would also be something to look forward to.
The defense. Yeah, I want to see a solid, dominating defense for a change.
The offense run by Tebow. I want to see an explosive offense.
Fox coaching, I want to see a put your foot on their throat when they're down type of attitude.
Dominance at home.
A lot more things I'll be looking forward to that made what once was Broncos football.

55CrushEm
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm excited for Von Doom (love that name).

I know this has been asked before....but I'll ask it again.....

What differences do people see between Vernon Gholston and Von Miller that make them believe the "bust potential" of Miller is far less than that of Gholston?

spdirty
06-02-2011, 09:20 AM

What differences do people see between Vernon Gholston and Von Miller that make them believe the "bust potential" of Miller is far less than that of Gholston?
Why don't you prove your theory before trying to make everyone on here disprove it? What makes you think Miller = Gholston?

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2011, 09:24 AM
If i had a 2nd choice it'd have been Doom. No telling if he'll return to form. The big sack numbers he put up were in the 3-4. Will those numbers translate going back to the 4-3/coming off of injury? Time will tell.

Actually, someone here did the analysis back in the day and if I remember correctly, at least 3/4 of his sacks in 2009 came in a four man front with his hand on the ground. So, it wasn't really the 3-4 that made him shine.

55CrushEm
06-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Why don't you prove your theory before trying to make everyone on here disprove it? What makes you think Miller = Gholston?

You misinterpreted my post. I don't have a "theory" on this. I didn't say that's what I believe.....I said the question has been asked before....which got me thinking.

I said I was excited for Von Doom. But knowing how Gholston busted.....what makes people feel comfortable that the probability of Miller doing the same is low?

I'm basically asking people with more football I.Q. than me....to "make me feel good" that this won't happen to Miller.....by pointing out the differences they see between Miller and Gholston.

In no way did I mean to imply that I DID see similarities.......

Jesus.....so many people on here with sandy vaginas.

Tombstone RJ
06-02-2011, 09:44 AM

I don't remember too much about Gholston's college career, did he have as much success over as long of a time as Miller (in college) or was he more of a guy who had one good year and then did well at the combine?

jhns
06-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I picked Fox's defense but Tebow is right up there. We all saw what Nolan was able to do. I want to see if Fox, and his scheme, have the same impact. Tebow completely changed the way this entire team looked when he was in. He also made the offense much more productive.

montrose
06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Classic

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8894/socal.jpg

montrose
06-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Speaking to some of the choices not having as many votes, I think there are so many intriguing storylines. The Elway one is maybe the area Imeet with the most skepticism. I'm hopeful John isn't going to interfere with what the coaching staff is doing but you've gotta think the players - especially the QBs - are going to want to get in good with the Duke.

Looking at the other options, the Clady one is pretty huge when it comes to dollar signs. The fact Tebow's a lefty is irrevelant as premier pass pass rushers come off the right side in the league anyway. If he gets back to his 2008/2009 form he'll be looking at premier bucks this offseason. If not...

I'm not as intrigued by Decker because of the depth at WR and likely focus on the tun game but if Cox avoids the slammer I thought he held up immensly well across from Champ as a rookie on a team with no pass rush and I'd argue Beadles and Walton's improvement could make the biggest different in Wins vs. Losses of any two young players.

In fairness to SoCal, I think DJ's best two years (by far) were 2004 and 2008 when he played 4-3 WLB so I'm expecting him to play well.

Each year I find a rookie that intrigues me and this year its easily Julius Thomas. I'm actually interested by Virgil Green as well because I've heard such opposite takes on him (some thought he was one of, if not the best, pass-catching TE in the draft while others think he'll never make a roster). But Thomas is a guy they moved up for and I heard quite a bit about before the draft. Elway and Xanders were pretty high on Quinn during the season-ticket holder call but I wouldn't be stunned if the raw Thomas is taking more and more reps as the year moves along.

Finally, the safety spot has been such a weakness I'm really hoping Hill (a guy I actually liked a lot in 2009) is cut. I think Dawk will have a bounce back year and its important to have vets like that on a young team but taking Moore and Carter shows the team recognized the weakness. Bruton's probably never going to be more than a good special teamer but I'd argue McBath's better than all of them - if he can stay on the field.

So much to look forward to, lets get a deal done!

broncocalijohn
06-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Classic

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8894/socal.jpg

Either trying to be different or kindy nerdy. Im going both. SoCal's favorite ice cream is vanilla and his favorite color...white. Step it up SoCal.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Either trying to be different or kindy nerdy. Im going both. SoCal's favorite ice cream is vanilla and his favorite color...white. Step it up SoCal.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

ColoradoDarin
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Fox's D (which then includes Von Doooooooom) then Teboz.