PDA

View Full Version : OT: stupid facebook

THE719!
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Before I start this silly vent thread, I just want to clarify I hardly use facebook. in fact, I am thinking about deleting my account.

The reason why I made this thread is, I just wanted to vent about the people that just delete you has a friend on facebook with no explanation at all. You see this happened to me on Friday were a person did this to me, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I messaged this person asking why? No response, so I ask two questions.

1. Would it rub you the wrong way if someone deleted you on facebook with no explanation?

2. When will this stupid facebook trend stop, and people can go back to commutating to people like they should face to face

Other than that sorry for wasting your time, I just wanted to vent. Have a good day.

vancejohnson82
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
had an ex-girflfriend delete me as a friend and then block me from seeing stuff she posts on our mutual friends walls

that bothered me

still, I'm more concerned about things that happen in real life

Quoydogs
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Before I start this silly vent thread, I just want to clarify I hardly use facebook. in fact, I am thinking about deleting my account.

The reason why I made this thread is, I just wanted to vent about the people that just delete you has a friend on facebook with no explanation at all. You see this happened to me on Friday were a person did this to me, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I messaged this person asking why? No response, so I ask two questions.

1. Would it rub you the wrong way if someone deleted you on facebook with no explanation?

2. When will this stupid facebook trend stop, and people can go back to commutating to people like they should face to face

Other than that sorry for wasting your time, I just wanted to vent. Have a good day.

You do realize that you are posting this on a message board.

THE719!
05-31-2011, 05:45 PM
had an ex-girflfriend delete me as a friend and then block me from seeing stuff she posts on our mutual friends walls

that bothered me

still, I'm more concerned about things that happen in real life

Exactly, and that is why it bothers me facebook is not real life. However, people get a power surge when they are on facebook, and assume things about other people.

THE719!
05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
You do realize that you are posting this on a message board.

I do your point.....

Dr. Broncenstein
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
What is a facebook?

KevinJames
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
probably deleted you for being an anti social on a social network

just a thought.......

I delete people all the time, sometimes theres just a person you rarely talk to anymore and you kind of get tired of seeing updates on them
when you know you don't really care for this person and you don't ever chat with them anymore, its time to delete them.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Seriously though, some of my family members are active facebookers. I've had to ask them to refrain from posting pics of me or my kids, details about us, etc. I can't imagine any of that stuff being used for anything good.

Quoydogs
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
I do your point.....

My point is you are talking about people talking face to face all the while writing about it on a message board. Just thought that was a little Ironic.

Quoydogs
05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Seriously though, some of my family members are active facebookers. I've had to ask them to refrain from posting pics of me or my kids, details about us, etc. I can't imagine any of that stuff being used for anything good.

See I understand that FB is a way people can spy on you but if you have nothing to hide what is the big deal. I just don't get it ?

THE719!
05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
My point is you are talking about people talking face to face all the while righting about it on a message board. Just thought that was a little Ironic.

oh hahaha your right

Dr. Broncenstein
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
See I understand that FB is a way people can spy on you but if you have nothing to hide what is the big deal. I just don't get it ?

For me it's a big deal because I'm a surgeon in a small town.

rugbythug
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Throwing a fit about being deleted on facebook only makes the point stronger.

rugbythug
05-31-2011, 06:02 PM
For me it's a big deal because I'm a surgeon in a small town.

How is Trinidad?

Taco John
05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
No it doesn't bother me when people delete me from facebook. I'm probably not missing out on much.

THE719!
05-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Throwing a fit about being deleted on facebook only makes the point stronger.

not throwing a fit just saying it rubbed me the wrong way

THE719!
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
No it doesn't bother me when people delete me from facebook. I'm probably not missing out on much.

every single time I see that pic the song runs thru my head....life is like a box of chocolate and my name is forest gump

DBruleU
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
After this thread I can see why they would want to delete you.

oubronco
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
I really miss football

THE719!
05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
After this thread I can see why they would want to delete you.

and the reason why?

THE719!
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
I really miss football

I dont.... there all babies

Jay3
05-31-2011, 07:03 PM
It doesn't bother me, because I just assume I did something offensive.

It's highly likely that I did.

Lev Vyvanse
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
This message is hidden because THE719! is on your ignore list

TheReverend
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Lol in on this one

DBruleU
05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
and the reason why?

Because you just created a thread to vent about those who don't want to be your friend, without notifying you as to why they don't want to be your friend.

:rofl: Do I need to say more?

You obviously have self-esteem issues.

Garcia Bronco
wtf would you ever care?

gunns
I haven't seen that Facebook does anything except spread the word faster and most often the word is bad. I've seen friendships broken up over what's on there, people fired from jobs for what they've stupidly written on there, and people identified by the police through facebook for false accusations. I just have never gotten the whole thing, seems a good way for people to misinterpret the written word and feelings get hurt....or rubbed the wrong way.

That One Guy
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
The people I talk to on Facebook but don't talk to in real life are people I wouldn't talk to in real life anyways. Facebook just makes me remember they still exist.

In reality though, I'm tired of all the whining and attention whoring and I was strongly considering going on a "be a dick" rampage and having them block or delete me so I don't have to go through the work.

For example, this morning someone that I knew in high school put something like "I just don't know how to be happy again. I'm so sad. Please don't ask, I just wanted to put this." Why put it if you want to be private? Obvious attention whoring. I don't know if I'm clever and thought it up or have heard it before but my first impulse was to post "Quit your bitchin' and get in the kitchen". It rhymed. It made me chuckle. In reality, I don't care about losing these friends because I just don't care about them.

Garcia Bronco
05-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I haven't seen that Facebook does anything except spread the word faster and most often the word is bad. I've seen friendships broken up over what's on there, people fired from jobs for what they've stupidly written on there, and people identified by the police through facebook for false accusations. I just have never gotten the whole thing, seems a good way for people to misinterpret the written word and feelings get hurt....or rubbed the wrong way.

Your local human resource department is looking for you when you apply for a job as well. I always try to keep it professional.

Los Broncos
05-31-2011, 07:11 PM
I just deleted mine the other day, I hate that site.

broncosteven
05-31-2011, 07:17 PM
I got on the bandwagon about 2 years ago (with the wave of other old people) because I had friends that lived on the coasts that used it and it seemed like a good way to keep in touch but there were a couple people I knew from work who I befriended, one posted non stop drivel for a good year and I thought about deleting her and the other turned out to be a psyco b**** and I was going to delete her but then there is the fact that she turned out to be a psyco b****.

Both seemed to get bored with it or I don't see their posts anymore so I didn't have to delete them.

I had another ex-coworker and a the husband of my wife's BBF who I have yet to add as friends because they always annoyed me.

I found that only checking it everyother day lessened the annoyances.

Fedaykin
05-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Someone unfriended you?

THE HORROR!

THE719!
05-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Because you just created a thread to vent about those who don't want to be your friend, without notifying you as to why they don't want to be your friend.

:rofl: Do I need to say more?

You obviously have self-esteem issues.

my self-esteem is great actually maybe your just missing the point on why i made this thread.... i made this thread really becuase facebook is a joke

DBruleU
05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
my self-esteem is great actually maybe your just missing the point on why i made this thread.... i made this thread really becuase facebook is a joke

Well, which girl were you stalking that you cared so much that they deleted you?

If you made this thread because Facebook is a joke, what the eff does that have to do with people deleting you and not telling you?

Self-esteem.

Kaylore
05-31-2011, 07:35 PM

This.

brncs_fan
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Facebook was the best when it was a college only thing. It was a cool way to network with people in your classes and just have a fun getting to know people better that you may not have talked to otherwise. Literally you could walk through the computer labs and half the screens were Facebook (other half people actually doing homework).

Once it went mainstream it was flooded with everyone and their dogs and ads showed up everywhere and anyone that I had ever met were trying to add me as a friend. I do like though that you can set up your privacy settings to be a top secret ninja (which has the OP upset) or you can let it all hang out.

brncs_fan
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
I got on the bandwagon about 2 years ago (with the wave of other old people) because I had friends that lived on the coasts that used it and it seemed like a good way to keep in touch but there were a couple people I knew from work who I befriended, one posted non stop drivel for a good year and I thought about deleting her and the other turned out to be a psyco b**** and I was going to delete her but then there is the fact that she turned out to be a psyco b****.

Both seemed to get bored with it or I don't see their posts anymore so I didn't have to delete them.

I had another ex-coworker and a the husband of my wife's BBF who I have yet to add as friends because they always annoyed me.

I found that only checking it everyother day lessened the annoyances.

Facebook actually monitors who you tend to follow and who you tend to ignore and adjusts who shows up in your news feed.

tsiguy96
05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
every few months i go through and unfriend everyone i dont really know or talk to...

ColoradoDarin
05-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Had a couple of people delete me, but they were both in the "I wonder whatever happened to them, okay now I know so ask me again in 10 years"

bowtown
05-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I hate it when people don't accept the plants I send them for their gardens.

brncs_fan
05-31-2011, 07:58 PM
In honor of this thread I just removed 2 people from my friends list.

Edit:

And denied a friend request.

cutthemdown
05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
First of all facebook is real life just another form of networking and communication. Saying it isn't real communication is not true as it meets those requirements IMO. I have a friend who bagged on me for spending too much time on facebook for my band. This from a guy who plays 4 hours of online games a night.

It would only bother me if a close friend deleted me. That would worry me I had done something improper.

bombay
Some girl started a facebook account with my name on it when we were in a bar one day. Pretty soon it had almost 300 people on it. So I deleted every one of them and let it go inactive long enough that they closed my account. It's creepy garbage and a way to collect info and spy on people. **** facebook. I think some people in real life are still mad that they were deleted. Don't need friends like that.

That One Guy
In honor of this thread I just removed 2 people from my friends list.

Edit:

And denied a friend request.

Great idea.

Just know, OP, there will be a half dozen people starting threads in random message boards across the internets tomorrow because I unfriended them and didn't explain why. Let this all lie at your feet.

EDIT: I got rolling and just couldn't stop at a half dozen. Like 15-20 people gone in a single swing of the axe. Thanks OP, you ruined their lives!

That One Guy
05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Some girl started a facebook account with my name on it when we were in a bar one day. Pretty soon it had almost 300 people on it. So I deleted every one of them and let it go inactive long enough that they closed my account. It's creepy garbage and a way to collect info and spy on people. **** facebook. I think some people in real life are still mad that they were deleted. Don't need friends like that.

I really think the reason Myspace died and Facebook took off is that you actually had to go to a person's myspace account to see what they said. Now, with Facebook, every tear or bit of passive aggressiveness is forcefully broadcast for anyone on your buddy list to see. Forcing someone to listen just makes people feel better about themselves and seem more connected.

ZachKC
05-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Facebook is what you and the people you connect with make of it. It is more of a mirror than a monster.

cutthemdown
05-31-2011, 08:58 PM
I really think the reason Myspace died and Facebook took off is that you actually had to go to a person's myspace account to see what they said. Now, with Facebook, every tear or bit of passive aggressiveness is forcefully broadcast for anyone on your buddy list to see. Forcing someone to listen just makes people feel better about themselves and seem more connected.

It's really just myspace and twitter combined. Boom he's rich just like that. Facebook is great for amassing a list of fans who like that band, and other bands who play locally. Still some people don't like it so you have a webpage, email list, and just good ole fashioned phone calls and word of mouth.

Facebook is just a tool IMO not sure what there is not to like about it. I do agree with the one post that it makes money because they gather info to then sell. So you do need to go through your settings and make sure nothing important on there.

HAT
05-31-2011, 09:01 PM

1) Not at all. I probably wouldn't even notice until I had a reason to check something on their page and realized they had deleted me for whatever reason.

2) If you only friend people who you actually know in "real life"...this isn't even an issue. Yeah, I'm friends with a few people who I barely even remember from HS 20 years ago but they are few and far between and I do remember them.

I'm FB friends with 6-8 'Maners who I've never met but consider it an extension of here. And those half dozen 'Maners are the only people I've never met.

In before OABB rant.....

HAT
05-31-2011, 09:11 PM

Kind of like email or message boards? :wiggle:
Seriously....It's not that hard to set your privacy settings to whatever you are comfy with.

I'm no sooner gonna post an update about how I called in sick b/c I partied too much then I would send that same email to my entire gmail addy book....

I untag pics out of vanity & sanity....
People can't check me in anywhere...
Only those whom I choose, get to see pics of my kid...
I have a "fan page" for my side business...
I harvest many business leads from Contractor fan pages...
I'm friends with my mom & even she only sees what I allow...
My ex-wife & I probably have 50 mutual friends but I can control what she sees with a mouse click...

It's not that hard.

Lev Vyvanse
05-31-2011, 09:52 PM
I've got a huge crap on deck. Wish me luck.

Crushaholic
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
The only person who I was surprised deleted me was my boss of my former seasonal job (tax preparation). I had not prepared taxes for a couple of years, so she deleted me. I don't REALLY care, but I was actually thinking of going back...ROFL!

Swedish Extrovert
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM

An ex blocked me from facebook once. It bothered me and I wonder why, but I'm not going to try to find out why... just sit back and see what happens.

broncocalijohn
05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Exactly, and that is why it bothers me facebook is not real life. However, people get a power surge when they are on facebook, and assume things about other people.

So if I put u on ignore @ the Mane, do I have to tell you?

FB is made for communicating with old friends/classmates that you would normally would never talk to unless you ran into them by accident or at a reunion. I have had some good conversations with old classmates through FB and it would never happen unless social networks existed. Why be pissed? Best way is to send them a Friend request and see what they do. It isnt made to replace real life but ask yourself if you would really want your 100+ "friends" calling or texting you what they did over the weekend?

baja
05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I do your point.....

Hum... Have you meant DAN_BRONCO_FAN

Lev Vyvanse
05-31-2011, 10:16 PM
That was bigger than I thought. I had some tearing and bleeding. Going to the ER now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

OABB
06-01-2011, 12:45 AM
I love facebook. I don't get the hate. I mean who has time for actual conversations that are two way? I would much rather see pictures of people whom I don't really care about's lunch items than have an actual conversation.

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Here's how you take care of the problem.

You take one of those sets of glasses with a fake nose and moustache. Get a camera ready. Drop trou. Place aforementioned spectacles on your bum as if it were your face. Snap a photo of said bespectacled bum. Upload pic to your facebook profile. Use it as your profile picture.

Done.

ZachKC
06-01-2011, 01:11 AM
I love facebook. I don't get the hate. I mean who has time for actual conversations that are two way? I would much rather see pictures of people whom I don't really care about's lunch items than have an actual conversation.

And why be honest about something 700 million people are using when you can just pick at the things that are the lowest common denominator and act like they are representative of everything.

OABB
06-01-2011, 01:40 AM
And why be honest about something 700 million people are using when you can just pick at the things that are the lowest common denominator and act like they are representative of everything.

I wasn't aware of the email and phone features of facebook. i thought it was just a place to post pictures and updates that people could comment on. I had no idea of the two way conversations capabiliies. It's like facebook figured out some kind of electronic mail system or "e"mail.

very cool. my mistake.

ZachKC
06-01-2011, 04:59 AM
I wasn't aware of the email and phone features of facebook. i thought it was just a place to post pictures and updates that people could comment on. I had no idea of the two way conversations capabiliies. It's like facebook figured out some kind of electronic mail system or "e"mail.

very cool. my mistake.

Being condescending and ignorant of how much Facebook has changed how people communicate and connect doesn't make that impact lesser.

THE719!
06-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Man people are still keeping this alive. Some people are just missing the point, and the point is I knew this person then he deleted me for no reason. it bothers me because 1. I did nothing to him and 2. facebook has nothing to do in a real live situations, so just "deleting" somebody that you knew like that is pretty cowardly. anyway I have no idea how this got to three pages, this thread ended on post 2 for me.

alkemical
06-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Man people are still keeping this alive. Some people are just missing the point, and the point is I knew this person then he deleted me for no reason. it bothers me because 1. I did nothing to him and 2. facebook has nothing to do in a real live situations, so just "deleting" somebody that you knew like that is pretty cowardly. anyway I have no idea how this got to three pages, this thread ended on post 2 for me.

No it didn't, or you wouldn't be posting on page 3, and reiterating your point.

Kaylore
06-01-2011, 05:29 AM

Why do you care?

That One Guy
06-01-2011, 06:19 AM
So if I put u on ignore @ the Mane, do I have to tell you?

FB is made for communicating with old friends/classmates that you would normally would never talk to unless you ran into them by accident or at a reunion. I have had some good conversations with old classmates through FB and it would never happen unless social networks existed. Why be pissed? Best way is to send them a Friend request and see what they do. It isnt made to replace real life but ask yourself if you would really want your 100+ "friends" calling or texting you what they did over the weekend?

Is that what it's for?

I use mine for condescending and sarcastic comments to all my friends and relatives when they say something stupid.

And browsing beach photos.

DemonEagles
06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
I get bent out of shape on things about facebook, then I tell my friends why I am pissed and they laugh at me for getting pissed at something retarded. That calms me down and makes me see that Facebook puts you in contact with people that you never would be in contact in the normal frame of life, take care of your own and yourself and don't worry if Big Money Larry or Hot snatch Nancy won't go to your rock show.

alkemical
06-01-2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.geekosystem.com/facebook-connection-world-map/

Map of the World Drawn Entirely Using Facebook Connections

http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/12/facebook-world-map.jpeg

Punisher
06-01-2011, 08:01 AM
I had to take my account cause my girlfriend didn't like other girls liking my pictures. Facebook isn't real life but it can cause real life problems

spdirty
06-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I remember when my old lady made me a spacebook account. Later on we got into an argument, and she unfriended me. Then in retaliation I put my status as single.

Now I really am single but at least spacebook got me a brodate with an old childhood friend I hadn't seen in 15 years. :)

Kaylore
06-01-2011, 08:20 AM
http://www.geekosystem.com/facebook-connection-world-map/

Map of the World Drawn Entirely Using Facebook Connections

http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/12/facebook-world-map.jpeg

I didn't know it was banned in Russia too.

spdirty
06-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Actually I think the only reason I go on there anymore is to see the stupid **** my former preacher and his wife say on there. Its comical.

"I think my husband should be a model. He is so handsome."

"Today is going to be a great day because I woke up next to my loving wife."

"I love my wife...almost as much as I love the Lord."

alkemical
06-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Actually I think the only reason I go on there anymore is to see the stupid **** my former preacher and his wife say on there. Its comical.

"I think my husband should be a model. He is so handsome."

"Today is going to be a great day because I woke up next to my loving wife."

"I love my wife...almost as much as I love the Lord."

then one day....horror strikes.

spdirty
06-01-2011, 08:32 AM
"Alright... I need to go to bed. It is amazing how time flies when you are studying :-) ... Good night Facebook land"

Then his wife gets on his account and puts "Loves to wear pink"

"The top of everyone's bucket list should be "Obey the Gospel," because your not promised the time to complete the rest of the list."

Then his wife..."the top of my bucket list: to spend the rest of my days with you! I love you (ps. I'm thankful I have already obeyed the gospel!) "

Great guy, but some of the stuff he and his wife put on there is hilarious.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Is it really that big a deal? The way the world works now -- well, my world, it seems -- is that you meet someone you add each other on FB. If you meet a person at a party, add them, and NEVER see them again, do you really want to talk to them or hear from them again?

There's this chick that I met through a friend who added me and now comments on every single status update I have. Ridiculous.

I'd de-friend, but I think she'd go all psycho "what does it mean!?!??!?!" like the719er.

alkemical
06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Is it really that big a deal? The way the world works now -- well, my world, it seems -- is that you meet someone you add each other on FB. If you meet a person at a party, add them, and NEVER see them again, do you really want to talk to them or hear from them again?

There's this chick that I met through a friend who added me and now comments on every single status update I have. Ridiculous.

I'd de-friend, but I think she'd go all psycho "what does it mean!?!??!?!" like the719er.

It's like double rainbows man, what does it mean?!?

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:13 AM
"Alright... I need to go to bed. It is amazing how time flies when you are studying :-) ... Good night Facebook land"

Then his wife gets on his account and puts "Loves to wear pink"

"The top of everyone's bucket list should be "Obey the Gospel," because your not promised the time to complete the rest of the list."

Then his wife..."the top of my bucket list: to spend the rest of my days with you! I love you (ps. I'm thankful I have already obeyed the gospel!) "

Great guy, but some of the stuff he and his wife put on there is hilarious.

I either want regular updates here or a PM'd link so I can try and get in on this.

cutthemdown
06-01-2011, 09:24 AM
I remember when my old lady made me a spacebook account. Later on we got into an argument, and she unfriended me. Then in retaliation I put my status as single.

Now I really am single but at least spacebook got me a brodate with an old childhood friend I hadn't seen in 15 years. :)

I have friends I haven't seen in 15-20 yrs showing up at gigs with pictures of there kids etc etc. It's fun and if you aren't hiding from your past its a good thing.

OABB
06-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Being condescending and ignorant of how much Facebook has changed how people communicate and connect doesn't make that impact lesser.

this si my problem...right here. it hasn't changed anything. at all. it is not the first social networking site. I was on prodigy when i was 13. Facebook is nothing new or different. It just has a better marketing campaign and sheeples think it is revolutionary because someone else used that word.

myspace, friendster etc were are there before. It is nothing new. Wow, we can join groups! its like when man first found tools!

DemonEagles
06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Facebook and Farmville got alot of Parents into video games without them knowing that they are playng video games. Which reminds me, a strawberry cow has wondered into my onion patch

alkemical
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
this si my problem...right here. it hasn't changed anything. at all. it is not the first social networking site. I was on prodigy when i was 13. Facebook is nothing new or different. It just has a better marketing campaign and sheeples think it is revolutionary because someone else used that word.

myspace, friendster etc were are there before. It is nothing new. Wow, we can join groups! its like when man first found tools!

It was a better app than Myspace...which was better than friendster...

So what's your point...in a few years...they'll be something else.

it's not like the iphone revolutionized anything, just better marketing. I mean we had smart phones YEARS before the iphone.

baja
06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
What were the smart phones before iphone that would do what the iphone does?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
It was a better app than Myspace...which was better than friendster...

So what's your point...in a few years...they'll be something else.

it's not like the iphone revolutionized anything, just better marketing. I mean we had smart phones YEARS before the iphone.

Exactly. It's the evolution. Facebook is what social marketing and networking has become. Nobody claims it started anything.

Though I might take some umbrage with the idea that the iPhone was just marketing and not revolutionary. Compare an early iPhone with a Blackberry from the same time... night and day difference.

iPhone got everyday shlubs to buy a smartphone. Android was developed to compete with it, and Blackberry completely changed its platform and interface to compete.

cutthemdown
I dont understand playing the facebook games, but to each his own. I do get games like scrabble or cards, a real game etc online, its the farmville, mafia wars etc. But you can set up account to ignore those apps so i do.

mkporter
06-01-2011, 11:02 AM

It has changed something. Facebook has managed to get enough people to sign up that it is relevant. I can see pictures of my nephew in Colorado, I can follow my best friend as he travels around the world, I can send pics/videos/updates of my 2 yr old to all of his grandparents, uncles, aunts, and everyone else who cares. I've reconnected with old high school classmates, and I stay in better touch with my friends. I can do this all at the same site. That is pretty cool. This was not true of myspace, friendster, email, or any other means of communication.

There is definitely garbage to wade through, but for me, the positive aspects of the service far outweigh the negative.

And for those worried about people being butthurt (THE719!)about being deleted as friends, you can just hide their posts, and then they don't know.

mkporter
06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Also, why has no one posted this yet?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULWGKQJYuvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or really, watch the whole episode here:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e04-you-have-0-friends

enjolras
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Nokia (and others)sold more than 100 million Symbian phones before the iPhone debuted. Those phones had:

- An outstanding webkit based browser (comparable to the iPhone browser)
- GPS
- In some cases FAR better cameras (the Nokia N95 still blows the doors off of any camera Apple has put out)
- They could run apps. There were even app-stores!
- They could multi-task
- They could run games (including the ill-fated and god-awful Nokia n-gage)

What the iPhone revolutionized (and it WAS truly revolutionary) was bringing all of those things into an approachable and easy to use package. The interface on those Symbian phones was keypad based (by and large). The OS was difficult and suffered from some rather inexcusable bugs. Those phones worked, but not nearly as well as the iPhone.

For a variety of reasons those phones never really penetrated the American market. I was the chief architect at Quickoffice, which came pre-loaded on virtually every Symbian phone shipped. I always joked that we were the David Hasslehoff of software companies... huge in Europe:)

tldr; Apple didn't invent the modern Smartphone... they just made it a whole lot better.

enjolras
06-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh and also fun fact: A sizeable chunk of those iPhone apps didn't start out life on the iPhone. They were available for the Palm PDA's long before the iPhone saw the light of day. Its nice to see so many of those old Palm companies reborn as smartphone app makers:)

DrFate
06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
What is a facebook?

+1

baja
06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Nokia (and others)sold more than 100 million Symbian phones before the iPhone debuted. Those phones had:

- An outstanding webkit based browser (comparable to the iPhone browser)
- GPS
- In some cases FAR better cameras (the Nokia N95 still blows the doors off of any camera Apple has put out)
- They could run apps. There were even app-stores!
- They could multi-task
- They could run games (including the ill-fated and god-awful Nokia n-gage)

What the iPhone revolutionized (and it WAS truly revolutionary) was bringing all of those things into an approachable and easy to use package. The interface on those Symbian phones was keypad based (by and large). The OS was difficult and suffered from some rather inexcusable bugs. Those phones worked, but not nearly as well as the iPhone.

For a variety of reasons those phones never really penetrated the American market. I was the chief architect at Quickoffice, which came pre-loaded on virtually every Symbian phone shipped. I always joked that we were the David Hasslehoff of software companies... huge in Europe:)

tldr; Apple didn't invent the modern Smartphone... they just made it a whole lot better.

Thanks enjolras.

BTW Does your screen name come from this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjolras

alkemical
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM

HTC, Nokia, etc etc...

Peoples Champ
06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
What is a facebook?

its kinda like twitterspace, or mybook

jhns
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Facebook is stupid and you are all nerds. My friends are real.

bowtown
06-01-2011, 11:56 AM

Good for you! Keep telling yourself that.

mkporter
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM

It's awesome that you've managed to stay away from the internet as a means of social interaction. It can get out of hand for some people. Believe it or not, there are people who will average 25 posts a week on just a single internet site, and they've been doing it for 5 years!

bowtown
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM
It's awesome that you've managed to stay away from the internet as a means of social interaction. It can get out of hand for some people. Believe it or not, there are people who will average 25 posts a week on just a single internet site, and they've been doing it for 5 years!

What would be even worse is if almost no one on said internet site even liked said person.

jhns
06-01-2011, 12:20 PM
What would be even worse is if almost no one on said internet site even liked said person.

This only helps prove my point. Cool kids don't need e-friends.

bowtown
06-01-2011, 12:26 PM
This only helps prove my point. Cool kids don't need e-friends.

Correction: cool kids don't need attention. You scream for it.

jhns
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Correction: cool kids don't need attention. You scream for it.

Everyone needs attention.

DenverBrit
06-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Facebook is great. It keeps the hackers, stalkers and burglars focused. ;D

enjolras
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks enjolras.

BTW Does your screen name come from this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjolras

Yep.. I had just finished reading the book in like 1995 and chose it as a moniker. Been stuck with it ever since:)

bowtown
06-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Everyone needs attention.

You just keep telling yourself that.

jhns
06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
You just keep telling yourself that.

The fact that you don't think so says a lot about you. It is a shame that so many aren't proud of who they are.

Boobs McGee
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
The fact that you don't think so says a lot about you. It is a shame that so many aren't proud of who they are.

that says a lot about YOU. You're proud of being a little attention whoring biotch.

http://files.sharenator.com/Slow_Clap_RE_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY-s420x315-140048.gif

jhns
06-01-2011, 01:13 PM
that says a lot about YOU. You're proud of being a little attention whoring biotch.

Yeah it does.

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
tEveryone needs attention.oh, there are some of those here. You can find them starting threads to point attention to themselves..........or start polls!

Jason in LA
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM

That's "user error". Some people don't know how to filter themselves.

Jason in LA
06-01-2011, 04:23 PM
An ex blocked me from facebook once. It bothered me and I wonder why, but I'm not going to try to find out why... just sit back and see what happens.

That's proper protocol for a break up. Nothing major. I have only one person blocked, and it's the ex.

Jason in LA
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM

You're really taking this too personal. Stop being butt hurt over it.

FB is a hot topic and usually gets a decent amount of pages when a topic is started on it.

maher_tyler
06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I could careless when someone deletes me. Most likely, they really weren't my "friend" anyway! I think it'd be funny if facebook would post it on your news feed when someone deletes you, just like when you add a friend.

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
toh, there are some of those here. You can find them starting threads to point attention to themselves..........or start polls!

Nice self-pic avy. Your last thread:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98282

http://i32.tinypic.com/fnapz.jpg

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 05:02 PM

You're cute, princess butthurt. Got any more shirtless pics?

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
You're cute, princess butthurt. Got any more shirtless pics?

Tons. What am I "butthurt" on again?

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Tons. What am I "butthurt" on again?

You're in a state.

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 05:14 PM
You're in a state.

Sure thing, Drama. Really well done.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/chuck-norris-says.gif

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Sure thing, Drama. Really well done.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/chuck-norris-says.gif

That's hot.

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 07:30 PM

Classic! Not pointing you out but the post didn't fall from the tree I see. Hmm, starting a thread that was totally light hearted and no one ever took that thread serious (see thread for exactly what I stated) or 1) a thread to pump up the ego and 2) mean spirited thread where your goal is for maners tofight. That thread also failed to get the attention you oh so wanted to happen to the 3 people that called you out on being egotestical for the "make fun of me but check out my bod" thread. Even though the hate didn't come through for cito, chris and I, you still needed to bump that thread to keep the fighting going. How old are you? 13?

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Classic! Not pointing you out but the post didn't fall from the tree I see. Hmm, starting a thread that was totally light hearted and no one ever took that thread serious (see thread for exactly what I stated) or 1) a thread to pump up the ego and 2) mean spirited thread where your goal is for maners tofight. That thread also failed to get the attention you oh so wanted to happen to the 3 people that called you out on being egotestical for the "make fun of me but check out my bod" thread. Even though the hate didn't come through for cito, chris and I, you still needed to bump that thread to keep the fighting going. How old are you? 13?

:rofl:

Don't care WHO you're "pointing out". Just showing the insane hypocrisy in you chiming in there... kinda undeniable jerk off.

1. So if someone else does something it's attention whoring, but when you do it it's "light hearted"?

2. Didn't work? You threw a hissy fit right when that thread started like the punk b**** you are. And, as someone pointed out, you didn't stop yapping like a little Chihuahua until you were exposed for price gouging Bronco fans.

****in douche. You're sad. Try again.

WABronco
06-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Kids are all mad up in hurr!

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Kids are all mad up in hurr!

I'm still trying to fathom how a Christian just claimed that my "Least Favorite Online Poster" thread was "mean-spirited", but his "Who Will Be Denied Salvation by God-Almighty and Suffer a Terrible Apocalypse and Eternity of Fiery Torture" is "light hearted"?

**** me...

HAT
06-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Facebook and Farmville got alot of Parents into video games without them knowing that they are playng video games. Which reminds me, a strawberry cow has wondered into my onion patch

Pics or it didn't happen....And by pics I mean MS Paint renderings.

:thumbs:

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm still trying to fathom how a Christian just claimed that my "Least Favorite Online Poster" thread was "mean-spirited", but his "Who Will Be Denied Salvation by God-Almighty and Suffer a Terrible Apocalypse and Eternity of Fiery Torture" is "light hearted"?

**** me...

http://hotlink.popmartian.com/4B7839B5/butthurt.jpg

HAT
06-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Uhhhh....Treo 600 in 2004?

Palm FTW!

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 08:50 PM
[IMG]http://hotlink.popmartian.com/4B7839B5/butthurt.jpg[IMG]

This your new catch phrase, btw? I've seen you throw this at just about everyone over the past week.

It's pretty early 90s, but if it works for ya, well then "Cowabunga, dude"

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Palm FTW!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AzT5pruwnbg/R2AnBDtVolI/AAAAAAAAC70/YNRll2tIkPg/s400/yuppie%2B80s.jpg

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
This your new catch phrase, btw? I've seen you throw this at just about everyone over the past week.

It's pretty early 90s, but if it works for ya, well then "Cowabunga, dude"

http://www.astrodispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/01/f2ccb_crybaby.jpg

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:00 PM
[IMG]http://www.astrodispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/01/f2ccb_crybaby.jpg[IMG]

Keep trying.

It might work one of these days.

HAT
06-01-2011, 09:00 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AzT5pruwnbg/R2AnBDtVolI/AAAAAAAAC70/YNRll2tIkPg/s400/yuppie%2B80s.jpg

Hardly.....

http://zwee1.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cheap-handspring-treo-600-ireland.jpg

Hey look at that!.....A grid like page of "Apps" and a qwerty keyboard.

Nahhhhh.....Apple & RIM didn't steal much.

It's OK. Palm fell off of the radar for a bit while you hipsters glommed onto android and IOS but HP + WebOS will rise again.

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 09:05 PM
:rofl:

Don't care WHO you're "pointing out". Just showing the insane hypocrisy in you chiming in there... kinda undeniable jerk off.

1. So if someone else does something it's attention whoring, but when you do it it's "light hearted"?

2. Didn't work? You threw a hissy fit right when that thread started like the punk b**** you are. And, as someone pointed out, you didn't stop yapping like a little Chihuahua until you were exposed for price gouging Bronco fans.

****in douche. You're sad. Try again.

God, so much failure from someone that likes to call out people as "butthurt".
1) So, is everyone that starts a thread attention whoring? Since you think mine was (and clearly it wasnt) then EVERYONE IS ATTENTION WHORING! Big difference of my thread, "Who is sticking around for rapture" and not one person took offense to it (as it should not have and was clearly marked as such....Orange Atheist and TGN for not believing in Tebow) were my two picks. See their response here http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98282. No anger and took it light hearted as it was meant to be. Unlike you, that thread was not, "look at my abs guys! I work out!"
2) What hissy fit? You called out at least three guys of Cito, Chris and I and geez, was it so coincidental that all three of us called you out on your lobster thread of your EGOMANIAC? I think not. It bothered you so much to this day that you needed to go on attack mode because we called you out on something that just should have been blown off. Calling people Phaggots and pink pony riders (LOL! This is what is put in for typing C... suckers) not only shows immaturity, it showed who really was the punk ass b**** as you would like to say. Who came after me? Carmelo15. We settled it pretty quickly in a few posts and even gave him rep for his comment. Dude is a Chicano study major and I am against illegal aliens. I think he over reacted a tad and I even though he doesn't agree with my politics on the subject matter, he is probably mature enough to handle me or anyone else that is anti illegal alien. Maybe Champagne Powder and Karenin? Oh yeah, those are two posters you want on your side...CONGRATS! Why don't you read right after Karenin agreed with Champagne Powder (btw, repped me in a thread a few days later but because he has so much negative rep on him, I got a gray button instead of blue) about the "ticket gouging". Seems he didn't return after he got clobbered by members of the mane. While we are on ticket gouging, try explaining to the masses how someone that owns 2 tickets out of 73k plus can price gouge? Also, try explaining how discounting the tickets $100 is considered price gouging. Love to see this one but save it as everytime you think you have one on me (like my bowling ball trophy is being egotistacal for rolling a 150 average with 14 people in the "tournament").

You went ape crazy when I posted ,twice in one day, last month about your need for attention. Probably didn't mention it in many months before that but you read it and decide it was time to pounce. I think most people saw that lobster thread as light hearted (and yes it was) but also a need for attention with your "after" body from just finishing your PX90 workout. Most would just blow it off but you couldnt. Words like phaggot and pink pony rider (yeah, that describes us) came out of your pie hole at every option. So bad, you had to start a "I am going for internet revenge and I will post the WORST posters of the Mane and happen to put 3 of the guys who called me out for being egomaniac....I will now start that thread and really prove I am not egotistacal and try to be as witty as Slap" thread. I mean, I can get political so there are some that can't handle the War Room. But you really thought your comments on CHRIS was going to go far? It never did and it is obvious that your WORST POSTER OF ALL MANE (and come on, no mention of Karenin or Boob shows how butt hurt you really were) was a cry for revenge and fell flat. How can anyone really hate Chris. Some might say, "Who is Chris?" Answer: Cool avatar of Vodka bottle. BTW, I didn't see anyone butthurt over Cito Pelon too. Only one you got any hardcore reaction was Epic/Drama which you just took Slap's old thread for some type of validation. Couldn't stand on its own. Anytime fear it was running aground, Rev was there for the bump.
Rev, you lost it and I want to hope it is Roid rage and you get off of it immediately. That is easier to kick (if that is what you take) then trying to figure out a cure for super immaturity.

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM

**** me...

Here I thought this post was towards Epic and not me. How in the hell (Well, obviously you never read the thread) do you get me denying salvation to maners here on that glorious day of May 21st? It was light hearted since I knew the guy yelling for it on the 21st was full of ****. 4 Pages and not one person to exception or yelled out "phaggot" to me or anyone else. Nice try but you are not making yourself look good...again.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98282

Judge for yourselves maners.

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Keep trying.

It might work one of these days.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/13242/2010/11/340x_screen_shot_2010-11-09_at_4.21.47_pm.jpg

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
1) So, is everyone that starts a thread attention whoring? Since you think mine was (and clearly it wasnt) then EVERYONE IS ATTENTION WHORING! Big difference of my thread, "Who is sticking around for rapture" and not one person took offense to it (as it should not have and was clearly marked as such....Orange Atheist and TGN for not believing in Tebow) were my two picks. See their response here http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98282. No anger and took it light hearted as it was meant to be. Unlike you, that thread was not, "look at my abs guys! I work out!"
2) What hissy fit? You called out at least three guys of Cito, Chris and I and geez, was it so coincidental that all three of us called you out on your lobster thread of your EGOMANIAC? I think not. It bothered you so much to this day that you needed to go on attack mode because we called you out on something that just should have been blown off. Calling people Phaggots and pink pony riders (LOL! This is what is put in for typing C... suckers) not only shows immaturity, it showed who really was the punk ass b**** as you would like to say. Who came after me? Carmelo15. We settled it pretty quickly in a few posts and even gave him rep for his comment. Dude is a Chicano study major and I am against illegal aliens. I think he over reacted a tad and I even though he doesn't agree with my politics on the subject matter, he is probably mature enough to handle me or anyone else that is anti illegal alien. Maybe Champagne Powder and Karenin? Oh yeah, those are two posters you want on your side...CONGRATS! Why don't you read right after Karenin agreed with Champagne about the "ticket gouging". Seems he didn't return after he got clobbered by members of the mane. While we are on ticket gouging, try explaining to the masses how someone that owns 2 tickets out of 73k plus can price gouge? Also, try explaining how discounting the tickets $100 is considered price gouging. Love to see this one but save it as everytime you think you have one on me (like my bowling ball trophy is being egotistacal for rolling a 150 average with 14 people in the "tournament").

You went ape crazy when I posted ,twice in one day, last month about your need for attention. Probably didn't mention it in many months before that but you read it and decide it was time to pounce. I think most people saw that lobster thread as light hearted (and yes it was) but also a need for attention with your "after" body from just finishing your PX90 workout. Most would just blow it off but you couldnt. Words like phaggot and pink pony rider (yeah, that describes us) came out of your pie hole at every option. So bad, you had to start a "I am going for internet revenge and I will post the WORST posters of the Mane and happen to put 3 of the guys who called me out for being egomaniac....I will now start that thread and really prove I am not egotistacal and try to be as witty as Slap" thread. I mean, I can get political so there are some that can't handle the War Room. But you really thought your comments on CHRIS was going to go far? It never did and it is obvious that your WORST POSTER OF ALL MANE (and come on, no mention of Karenin or Boob shows how butt hurt you really were) was a cry for revenge and fell flat. How can anyone really hate Chris. Some might say, "Who is Chris?" Answer: Cool avatar of Vodka bottle. BTW, I didn't see anyone butthurt over Cito Pelon too. Only one you got any hardcore reaction was Epic/Drama which you just took Slap's old thread for some type of validation. Couldn't stand on its own. Anytime fear it was running aground, Rev was there for the bump.
Rev, you lost it and I want to hope it is Roid rage and you get off of it immediately. That is easier to kick (if that is what you take) then trying to figure out a cure for super immaturity.

Here I thought this post was towards Epic and not me. How in the hell (Well, obviously you never read the thread) do you get me denying salvation to maners here on that glorious day of May 21st? It was light hearted since I knew the guy yelling for it on the 21st was full of ****. 4 Pages and not one person to exception or yelled out "phaggot" to me or anyone else. Nice try but you are not making yourself look good...again.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98282

Judge for yourselves maners.

First of all:

TLDR

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/wak34/whatwhat.gif

Secondly, you just wrote this much right after claiming I'm not under your skin?

K bro lol

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Gonna go ahead and guess it's more BCJ projecting his insecurities on me.

That's cool. No hard feelings.

If I were a massive failure in life, I'd probably do the same.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w209/billybob159/30sy9hv.gif

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I think hypocrite is more like it. You went on a nice vacation in the Bahamas for 3 or 4 days then, as expected, came back to start your "Worst poster thread" after everything died down since you werent around to keep it going. I figure, if you still want to lie, why not bring it out all at once. I asked you some questions, so answer them. Also, my huge posts doesnt need to be replied if you are answering it a few posts down. You arent the only one who does it but that is my pet peeve of the Mane.

See bolded part for being a hypocrite....again.

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM

That's cool. No hard feelings.

If I were a massive failure in life, I'd probably do the same.

http://silellak.com/lets_play/InternetToughGuy.jpg

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I think hypocrite is more like it. You went on a nice vacation in the Bahamas for 3 or 4 days then, as expected, came back to start your "Worst poster thread" after everything died down since you werent around to keep it going. I figure, if you still want to lie, why not bring it out all at once. I asked you some questions, so answer them. Also, my huge posts doesnt need to be replied if you are answering it a few posts down. You arent the only one who does it but that is my pet peeve of the Mane.

See bolded part for being a hypocrite....again.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm a hypocrite for going on vacation?

What were your questions?

And do you even realize that YOU have now made this thread about ME? I didn't. You did. Do you understand that or are you too slow to grasp that concept?

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
http://silellak.com/lets_play/InternetToughGuy.jpg

Sure, Drama. Despite being physically threatened by at least a dozen people here, I've never returned the favor, so that pic fits.

epicSocialism4tw
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Sure, Drama. Despite being physically threatened by at least a dozen people here, I've never returned the favor, so that pic fits.

If you're getting physically threatened by people, maybe you should think about what you're doing.

Jason in LA
06-01-2011, 09:44 PM
I thought this was a thread about Facebook. ;D

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm a hypocrite for going on vacation?

What were your questions?

And do you even realize that YOU have now made this thread about ME? I didn't. You did. Do you understand that or are you too slow to grasp that concept?

Read bolded part AFTER READING THIS....

You are the one insecure as you had to bring up a sore subject 4 days after going on a nice vacation. Relaxation with your lady and then you went crazy again. That is the hypocrite part. Also, I didn't make the thread about you? I never mentioned your name but you came flying in assuming I was referring to thread starters as attention whores (how you thought that was you I have no idea...sarcasm of course).
Your photoshopper/lobster thread has ego pictures of you and of course your wife in post #1. Roh calls you an attention whore in post #10. You also give us the bodybuilding forum (oh, those guys would never think of being attention whores) in post #8 . Cito Pelon calls you out on post #235. Some of the best is #95 by Dr. Brocenstein. I will post the picture for everyone to enjoy. In fact, it is a great thread. It brought many maners to be creative and even had Bronco Warrior on there. It was a crow eating and a show off thread for Rev, by Rev and to enjoy by Rev. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85895&page=4

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Way to get it back on FB. I will tell you what. That bejeweled game has got my wife hooked . Reason why I dont accept all those apps to waste time. I do enough of that here.

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Read bolded part AFTER READING THIS....

You are the one insecure as you had to bring up a sore subject 4 days after going on a nice vacation. Relaxation with your lady and then you went crazy again. That is the hypocrite part. Also, I didn't make the thread about you? I never mentioned your name but you came flying in assuming I was referring to thread starters as attention whores (how you thought that was you I have no idea...sarcasm of course).
Your photoshopper/lobster thread has ego pictures of you and of course your wife in post #1. Roh calls you an attention whore in post #10. You also give us the bodybuilding forum (oh, those guys would never think of being attention whores) in post #8 . Cito Pelon calls you out on post #235. Some of the best is #95 by Dr. Brocenstein. I will post the picture for everyone to enjoy. In fact, it is a great thread. It brought many maners to be creative and even had Bronco Warrior on there. It was a crow eating and a show off thread for Rev, by Rev and to enjoy by Rev. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85895&page=4

1. Still not quite getting the hypocrisy... Are you calling me insecure? If so, I can promise you're very far off the mark.

2. That's also a terrible picture of me where I'm not even in good shape, but okay.

3. Yeah, I gave that forum because they had some significantly funnier chops that the OM thread did, but the moderation there is significantly more lax and would've gotten me in trouble for posting here... and I've gotten enough PMs from TJ already.

4. So people on bb.com are attention whores? Or do they give a **** about their health? I think this is more you projecting your own insecurities AGAIN, but whatever.

5. That thread was enjoyed by a LOT more people than just me. Sorry it hurt your ego to read.

6. Thanks for pointing out that Dr Bronc post. Maybe you didn't notice him on my "FAVORITE posters thread"? But I thought I only hated the people that called me out there! OMG! Paradox!

Reality: You just won't accept responsibility for being such a douche. That's why I hate you. You're a **** face with nothing to offer. So I don't like you. Period.

TheReverend

Sorry bro. BCJ wanted to make it about me and then claim I'm attention whoring.

Not sure how that works, but okay.

Jason in LA
As cool as Facebook is, it is the devil when it comes to the dating life. That's probably the only issue I have with it.

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
As cool as Facebook is, it is the devil when it comes to the dating life. That's probably the only issue I have with it.

You need two accounts. One Jason In La and then your real one. You can always make some up as you dump or run from the ladies. You only need 15 people to keep accepting your Friend request as they know what and why you are doing it to make it look legit. Good friends do that for you.

strafen
06-01-2011, 10:01 PM
What?
A thread got derailed?
drama, and fighting involved?
Who would've thunk it?!
Not, on the Mane, is it?
Thought so... :rofl:

24champ
06-01-2011, 10:03 PM
2) What hissy fit? You called out at least three guys of Cito, Chris and I and geez, was it so coincidental that all three of us called you out on your lobster thread of your EGOMANIAC? I think not. It bothered you so much to this day that you needed to go on attack mode because we called you out on something that just should have been blown off. Calling people Phaggots and pink pony riders (LOL! This is what is put in for typing C... suckers) not only shows immaturity, it showed who really was the punk ass b**** as you would like to say. Who came after me? Carmelo15. We settled it pretty quickly in a few posts and even gave him rep for his comment. Dude is a Chicano study major and I am against illegal aliens. I think he over reacted a tad and I even though he doesn't agree with my politics on the subject matter, he is probably mature enough to handle me or anyone else that is anti illegal alien. Maybe Champagne Powder and Karenin? Oh yeah, those are two posters you want on your side...CONGRATS! Why don't you read right after Karenin agreed with Champagne Powder (btw, repped me in a thread a few days later but because he has so much negative rep on him, I got a gray button instead of blue) about the "ticket gouging". Seems he didn't return after he got clobbered by members of the mane. While we are on ticket gouging, try explaining to the masses how someone that owns 2 tickets out of 73k plus can price gouge? Also, try explaining how discounting the tickets $100 is considered price gouging. Love to see this one but save it as everytime you think you have one on me (like my bowling ball trophy is being egotistacal for rolling a 150 average with 14 people in the "tournament").

Cliff notes anyone?

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Cliff notes anyone?

I got you bro:

I CAN FIT 8 COCKS IN MY MOUTH AT ONE TIME!!!!!

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 10:21 PM
And who would say that Rev doesnt act his age? See example in many derailed threads and post above.

Champ24, I think the subject has been repeated enough here to know the real situation. But, I did finally get it all out in once.

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 10:27 PM
And who would say that Rev doesnt act his age? See example in many derailed threads and post above.

Champ24, I think the subject has been repeated enough here to know the real situation. But, I did finally get it all out in once.

........Did you already forget YOU derailed the thread?

broncocalijohn
06-01-2011, 10:56 PM

I guess you forgot that you posted this when I never mentioned your name. You opened your mouth and let everyone know it might be you. Maybe it was generic to more than just The Rev. After this post that I replied, Epic came in and added to the derailment.

Archer81
06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Curse youse, facebook. Curse youse.

:Broncos:

TheReverend
06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I guess you forgot that you posted this when I never mentioned your name. You opened your mouth and let everyone know it might be you. Maybe it was generic to more than just The Rev.

Pointing out your hypocrisy? How exactly is that thread jacking in any way, shape or form? Never once mentioned myself either.

You did though.

Grats douche.

Doggcow
06-02-2011, 12:28 AM
I always laugh when people facebook eachother from 5 feet away.

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 04:32 AM
lol @ the comparisons to e-mail and wait for it.....friendster when trying to make the case that Facebook isn't revolutionary.

Does anyone remember the apps and business touch points made on the friendster platform?

Me either.

That One Guy
06-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I often play the Texas Hold 'em app on Facebook.

I'm a millionaire on there. Just gotta wait till they cash us out for real money.

jhns
06-02-2011, 06:24 AM
lol @ the comparisons to e-mail and wait for it.....friendster when trying to make the case that Facebook isn't revolutionary.

Does anyone remember the apps and business touch points made on the friendster platform?

Me either.

Nice defense of nothing. Facebook isn't original even if you skip those examples. It came out a few years after myspace.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice defense of nothing. Facebook isn't original even if you skip those examples. It came out a few years after myspace.

And a billion million miles ahead of myspace, technology wise.

Oh, and it hasn't been killed by spam bots and fake accounts that sent people running from myspace in droves.

But why does any of this matter to you, jizz? You said you have no use for e friends, so how would you even know?

jhns
06-02-2011, 06:41 AM
And a billion million miles ahead of myspace, technology wise.

Oh, and it hasn't been killed by spam bots and fake accounts that sent people running from myspace in droves.

But why does any of this matter to you, jizz? You said you have no use for e friends, so how would you even know?

How would I know what came out first? Maybe it is the fact that I am smarter than you...

It doesn't matter. I was just laughing at the nerds getting offended at "attacks" against facebook.

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 07:19 AM

I fully understand your role in this community as a shallow know nothing that serves only to be a contrarian but I couldn't help but take the bait.

Facebook built a platform for users and developers to create things on top of it.

Facebook's ad platform has given businesses amazing abilities to niche market their ads in ways you could only dream about previously. That includes google's powerful adsense.

Facebook knows your age range, likes, dislikes, relationship status, where you live, who you associate with and what their habits are. While MySpace was letting people make their site literally unreadable with animated backgrounds Facebook was using data to help make businesses smarter.

Hell, a company that built itself only on the platform FB developed was valued at 10 BILLION dollars during its last valuation.

Facebook helped business embrace social. It took word of mouth and set it on fire.

A kid that signs up on FB today could have most all of his online interactions archived for the rest of his life.

FB understood the value of people communicating and took that intelligence to build a fully functioning death star while simultaneously giving people the tools to create upon it only making it stronger.

But yea. MySpace had animated gifs so that is cool as well.

jhns
06-02-2011, 07:45 AM
LOL

I'm not sure if I should laugh or feel sorry for you. I guess since I laughed right away, it will have to be both.

I really don't get one part of your defense... How is it a good thing that facebook is a platform built to help companies with their data mining?

Adds are a good thing now? Helping ramdom businesses is what makes facebook better for normal users? These are the unique things that make it original?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I fully understand your role in this community as a shallow know nothing that serves only to be a contrarian but I couldn't help but take the bait.

Facebook built a platform for users and developers to create things on top of it.

Facebook's ad platform has given businesses amazing abilities to niche market their ads in ways you could only dream about previously. That includes google's powerful adsense.

Facebook knows your age range, likes, dislikes, relationship status, where you live, who you associate with and what their habits are. While MySpace was letting people make their site literally unreadable with animated backgrounds Facebook was using data to help make businesses smarter.

Hell, a company that built itself only on the platform FB developed was valued at 10 BILLION dollars during its last valuation.

Facebook helped business embrace social. It took word of mouth and set it on fire.

A kid that signs up on FB today could have most all of his online interactions archived for the rest of his life.

FB understood the value of people communicating and took that intelligence to build a fully functioning death star while simultaneously giving people the tools to create upon it only making it stronger.

But yea. MySpace had animated gifs so that is cool as well.

"Seeeeeeee? They're totally the same! Durrrrrrrrrrr!" -jhns

alkemical
06-02-2011, 07:50 AM
I won't every say they are the same, just the progression.

Hell, if it weren't for salesforce - the marketing/tracking wouldn't be nearly as good.

thank you salesforce!

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 07:51 AM
LOL

I'm not sure if I should laugh or feel sorry for you. I guess since I laughed right away, it will have to be both.

Tap out acknowledged. ROFL!

Doesn't matter if someone doesn't like FB. That is completely understandable. That doesn't give someone freedom to reject reality and insert the fantasy that FB hasn't absolutely been revolutionary.

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 07:54 AM
LOL

I really don't get one part of your defense... How is it a good thing that facebook is a platform built to help companies with their data mining?

Oh, so you thought I was trying to tell you how Facebook is "good"?

Tell whoever is reading the progression of this thread for you that they are doing a horrible job.

jhns
06-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Oh, so you thought I was trying to tell you how Facebook is "good"?

Tell whoever is reading the progression of this thread for you that they are doing a horrible job.

Added data mining doesn't make facebook an original idea...

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Added data mining doesn't make facebook an original idea...

Reading failure.

Another swing and a miss.

Good luck in the future little guy. Your brain dead contrarian schtick is precious.

jhns
06-02-2011, 08:01 AM
I added a GPS to my car. It is no longer a Honda Civic. It is the new, and original, jhncivic!

jhns
06-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Reading failure.

Another swing and a miss.

Good luck in the future little guy. Your brain dead contrarian schtick is precious.

How can it be revolutionary if it isn't original. How exactly is adding data mining for random companies, revolutionary?

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 08:05 AM
How can it be revolutionary if it isn't original. How exactly is adding data mining for random companies, revolutionary?

I am being straight with you right now.

We can't have an honest discussion if you don't read. If all you got was durrr data mining then you are a retard.

Are you special? You can be honest.

bowtown
06-02-2011, 08:08 AM

We can't have an honest discussion if you don't read. If all you got was durrr data mining then you are a retard.

Jhizzz doesn't know how to do either of those things.

JJG
06-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Its all an act right? I mean, you can't seriously be this dense can you?

jhns
06-02-2011, 08:10 AM

No, you also added that it does something that pretty much every website does in saving data... Revolutionary!

They added the ability to create new stuff? Like an open source type thing? Yeah, myspace has that and neither was the first. Revolutionary!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Woke up with a headache this morning. Thought it would be a bad day.

Seeing jhizz get his ass absolutely handed to him in this thread has turned that around in a hurry.

The best part: Tell whoever is reading the progression of this thread for you that they are doing a horrible job.

I lol'd.

jhns
06-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Woke up with a headache this morning. Thought it would be a bad day.

Seeing jhizz get his ass absolutely handed to him in this thread has turned that around in a hurry.

Handed to him by saying that a bunch of old and reused technology is revolutionary? LOL

Watching nerds scramble to defend their only social outlet helped me start my day off right.

enjolras
06-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Just being able to build the infrastructure to handle the crazy amount of traffic that Facebook gets is revolutionary in and of itself. They are far more dynamic and personalized than Google, and yet are able to serve their billions of impressions per day.

Color me impressed....

I once worked at a HUGELY popular site that did about 1/4 of that in traffic. They struggled with those problems of scale. Facebook is remarkable in that regard.

enjolras
06-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Palm FTW!

Symbian still had them beat by two years:)

mkporter
06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Handed to him by saying that a bunch of old and reused technology is revolutionary? LOL

Watching nerds scramble to defend their only social outlet helped me start my day off right.

You do realize that we're having this discussion on an entirely separate social outlet, right?

Jetmeck
06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
FB fanboys. FB helps companies send you more useless junkmails in your email and regular mail. What is it that FB does that mail, phones, txts cant do ?

Oh wait we want to know every little freakin stupid ass detail of your boring ass life............thats what ? FB fanboys brag all you want. Its a useless waste of time for attention whoring people like you I guess since you are defending it.

jhns
06-02-2011, 10:19 AM
You do realize that we're having this discussion on an entirely separate social outlet, right?

This one is for cool kids though. Duh, I use it.

You did get me. Nerds do use a lot of internet social outlets.

vancejohnson82
06-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Jizz got absolutely destroyed in this thread....well done

mkporter
06-02-2011, 10:32 AM
FB fanboys. FB helps companies send you more useless junkmails in your email and regular mail. What is it that FB does that mail, phones, txts cant do ?

Oh wait we want to know every little freakin stupid ass detail of your boring ass life............thats what ? FB fanboys brag all you want. Its a useless waste of time for attention whoring people like you I guess since you are defending it.

It sounds like you tried facebook and didn't like it. Have you considered getting fewer attention whoring friends?

mkporter
06-02-2011, 10:34 AM
This one is for cool kids though. Duh, I use it.

You did get me. Nerds do use a lot of internet social outlets.

They do. They also own the world.

jhns
06-02-2011, 10:40 AM
They do. They also own the world.

No, I own the world.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 10:42 AM
No, I own the world.

And you live in Nebraska? Pfft.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/2902643161_b32c32b070.jpg

I can think of a BILLION places I'd live if I owned the world. That ****hole Omaha wouldn't even be NEAR the list.

Man, you're just getting owned all over the place. Why don't you put on your apron and go make everyone a sandwich. I'd like turkey, lettuce, tomato, and brown mustard. Thanks.

jhns
06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
And you live in Nebraska? Pfft.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/2902643161_b32c32b070.jpg

I can think of a BILLION places I'd live if I owned the world. That ****hole Omaha wouldn't even be NEAR the list.

Man, you're just getting owned all over the place. Why don't you put on your apron and go make everyone a sandwich. I'd like turkey, lettuce, tomato, and brown mustard. Thanks.

Then you have never been here.

Gettinv owned? Upset nerds can't own people... The one thing that doesn't make sense is that nerds are supposed to be smart.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Then you have never been here.

Gettinv owned? Upset nerds can't own people... The one thing that doesn't make sense is that nerds are supposed to be smart.

Actually, I have been there. It's a ****hole. If I owned the world, presumably I could live anywhere, and Omaha wouldn't be in the vicinity of that list.

Of course, I live here:
http://www.resortqueststeamboat.com/steamboat-springs/images/steamboat-springs.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3259/2655870990_6e7f6d183c.jpg

So I actually know what a "nice place to live" looks like. You don't. Not surprising that you have no perspective on the matter.

OABB
06-02-2011, 10:56 AM
how is jhns getting owned? I cant stand the guy, but any objective person reading this thread wont see it. He makes a valid point. Just because something has progressed doesn't make it revolutionary.

calling facebook "revolutionary" is like calling someone smart "brilliant". Both terms are WAY overused and hardly applicable anymore.

revolutionary:

radically new or innovative; outside or beyond established procedure, principles, etc.: a revolutionary discovery.

and **** all of you for making me side with jhns.

vancejohnson82
06-02-2011, 10:59 AM
how is jhns getting owned? I cant stand the guy, but any objective person reading this thread wont see it. He makes a valid point. Just because something has progressed doesn't make it revolutionary.

calling facebook "revolutionary" is like calling someone smart "brilliant". Both terms are WAY overused and hardly applicable anymore.

revolutionary:

radically new or innovative; outside or beyond established procedure, principles, etc.: a revolutionary discovery.

and **** all of you for making me side with jhns.

if you go back two pages ZackKC absolutely destroys any point Jizz might have had....

jhns
06-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Actually, I have been there. It's a ****hole. If I owned the world, presumably I could live anywhere, and Omaha wouldn't be in the vicinity of that list.

Of course, I live here:

So I actually know what a "nice place to live" looks like. You don't. Not surprising that you have no perspective on the matter.

LOL

I actually had the choice of living were I wanted and I came back to Omaha....

I have been all over the US and very few places have as few problems as Omaha. Tourist areas are by far the worst places you could possibly live. That is just because of the people. The economy of Omaha, and Nebraska in general, makes this state superior to most.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, it's awful living in a pristine valley with skiing, biking, rafting/tubing, great restaurants and shops, and ski bunnies. Seriously, terrible. Please never come here.

jhns
06-02-2011, 11:07 AM
if you go back two pages ZackKC absolutely destroys any point Jizz might have had....

Really you all look like dumbasses. He didn't list a single revolutionary idea that facebook came up with. He didn't even try showing how it was original if you read his later posts. Now, this isn't why you all look like dumbasses. The fact that I stated I don't use them should have been the first indication that I was making fun of you girls when talking about features that I wouldn't know about. The fact that I then said I was just here to laugh at the nerds running to defend facebook, should have been the best clue that I was just here to laugh at you...

jhns
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, it's awful living in a pristine valley with skiing, biking, rafting/tubing, great restaurants and shops, and ski bunnies. Seriously, terrible. Please never come here.

I thought we established that I won't be living there? No need to ask me not to.

vancejohnson82
06-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Really you all look like dumbasses. He didn't list a single revolutionary idea that facebook came up with. He didn't even try showing how it was original if you read his later posts. Now, this isn't why you all look like dumbasses. The fact that I stated I don't use them should have been the first indication that I was making fun of you girls when talking about features that I wouldn't know about. The fact that I then said I was just here to laugh at the nerds running to defend facebook, should have been the best clue that I was just here to laugh at you...

you make fun of people who use a social networking site, through a thread on another social networking site

:thumbsup:

TheReverend
06-02-2011, 11:20 AM

revolutionary:

radically new or innovative; outside or beyond established procedure, principles, etc.: a revolutionary discovery

Kinda agree with this.

Revolutionary marketing getting it's use to "tipping point"... but that's probably about it.

jhns
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
you make fun of people who use a social networking site, through a thread on another social networking site

:thumbsup:

I went over this as well. This place is cool and can be used by cool people.

bowtown
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
If you are going to say that nothing that has any parts that already existed is revolutionary, then nothing, except maybe the wheel and fire is revolutionary. Facebook does use a similar networking approach to Myspace, that is not really original, although Facebook did it much better. Also data mining in and of itself is not original. However finding a way to combine the two and creating an online network that's built on an elegant scalable platform that allows people to build on top of it, companies to market in a whole new way, developers to create and disperse new content for the masses, and groups of people to come together to interact with it all at the same time... and yes then for companies, and researchers alike to be able to mine and market all at once to a record 500 million users world wide... THAT all together is revolutionary.

Henry Ford didn't invent the internal combustion engine. He didn't invent the automobile, he didn't invent the assembly line, but what he did for the auto industry was absolutely revolutionary by combining all three.

PS. I hate facebook.

mkporter
06-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Kinda agree with this.

Revolutionary marketing getting it's use to "tipping point"... but that's probably about it.

But that is a big deal, and that is the revolutionary aspect. My parents are on facebook. My grandfather is on facebook. All of my cousins are on facebook. My best friends, strewn about the country and the world, are on facebook. I totally get why some people don't like it and choose not to participate, and I agree that it has its share of annoyances, but it has absolutely improved the level of interaction and communication I have with people I care about, and it has allowed me to reconnect with people that I ordinarily would probably never heard from again. Facebook is what you make of it.

mkporter
06-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I went over this as well. This place is cool and can be used by cool people.

Except that it's not, and it often isn't.

bowtown
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
But that is a big deal, and that is the revolutionary aspect. My parents are on facebook. My grandfather is on facebook. All of my cousins are on facebook. My best friends, strewn about the country and the world, are on facebook. I totally get why some people don't like it and choose not to participate, and I agree that it has its share of annoyances, but it has absolutely improved the level of interaction and communication I have with people I care about, and it has allowed me to reconnect with people that I ordinarily would probably never heard from again. Facebook is what you make of it.

Not to mention that facebook has helped to build and feed ACTUAL revolutions.

jhns
06-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Except that it's not, and it often isn't.

LOL

You are probably right. Even though I am good looking and athletic, I am also a nerd. I write software for a living....

broncocalijohn
06-02-2011, 12:03 PM
It sounds like you tried facebook and didn't like it. Have you considered getting fewer attention whoring friends?

No, he tried it by signing up but no one accepted his friend request.

jhns
06-02-2011, 12:05 PM

It isn't revolutionary because people did this exact thing on myspace. Facebook just became more popular later doung the same thing. More people are on it now because a LOT more people use computers, especially at home/older people/rural people, than they did a decade ago. You can also now access this stuff from things like your phone, which wasn't happening when myspace was big.

broncocalijohn
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
It isn't revolutionary because people did this exact thing on myspace. Facebook just became more popular later doung the same thing. More people are on it now because a LOT more people use computers, especially at home/older people/rural people, than they did a decade ago.

FB started REVOLUTIONS in places like Egypt. I didn't see Myspace getting that type of attention the last decade.

TheReverend
06-02-2011, 12:09 PM

I agree? I don't think anyone is arguing that...

bowtown
06-02-2011, 12:09 PM
It isn't revolutionary because people did this exact thing on myspace. Facebook just became more popular later doung the same thing. More people are on it now because a LOT more people use computers, especially at home/older people/rural people, than they did a decade ago. You can also now access this stuff from things like your phone, which wasn't happening when myspace was big.

I would like a list of 3-5 things you think are revolutionary.

jhns
06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
FB started REVOLUTIONS in places like Egypt. I didn't see Myspace getting that type of attention the last decade.

No it didn't... People may have used the current popular medium to help start the revolution...

Rausch 2.0
06-02-2011, 12:15 PM

I'm sure we'll never live to regret this one...

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 12:17 PM

They target you. Better than you have ever been able to be targeted.

I can't even be mad about it. It's beautiful.

TheReverend
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM

http://aboutfacts.net/Science/Science24/apollo_11_launch.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRalilt4TOiJkEtzZr4KpynwgK4tnvb8 L4gWREvSPpfQqH78pYt&t=1

http://www.hfmgv.org/exhibits/showroom/1908/tbig.jpg

http://wa8.wikispaces.com/file/view/the%2520manhattan%2520project.jpg/198249416/the%2520manhattan%2520project.jpg

Not a rehashed idea that had better timing and marketing. I mean, great on them. Superior product. But revolutionary? FAR too strong an adjective, imo.

mkporter
06-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree? I don't think anyone is arguing that...

You aren't, you made the point. Others are arguing over whether or not the massive usage is revolutionary.

Others are questioning whether there is value at all.
For instance..

Its a useless waste of time for attention whoring people like you I guess since you are defending it.

broncocalijohn
06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
No it didn't... People may have used the current popular medium to help start the revolution...

What do you think was the way the people spread the word of their hatred for the leadership in Egypt? Newspaper ads? TV ads? That would never see the light of day compared to FB users spreading the word.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2011, 12:30 PM

If the only difference between facebook and myspace is timing, then why are the founders of myspace the only people on Earth NOT suing Zuckerberg?

jhns
06-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Internet
Computer
Plane
Radio

Maybe this is what is missing. People need to define wbhat they think revolutionary means, or what exactly they think is revolutionary.

To me, it is something that changes everybodies life if it is an object. I think it is something that changes the way the world thinks of something if it is an idea. I see facebook as more of a fad. Its growing popularity can be attributed to the internets growing popularity and the very similar social sites that came before it.

bowtown
06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
http://aboutfacts.net/Science/Science24/apollo_11_launch.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRalilt4TOiJkEtzZr4KpynwgK4tnvb8 L4gWREvSPpfQqH78pYt&t=1

http://www.hfmgv.org/exhibits/showroom/1908/tbig.jpg

http://wa8.wikispaces.com/file/view/the%2520manhattan%2520project.jpg/198249416/the%2520manhattan%2520project.jpg

Not a rehashed idea that had better timing and marketing. I mean, great on them. Superior product. But revolutionary? FAR too strong an adjective, imo.

1. Rocketry has existed since the ancient Chinese, so is that the revolution or is the first shuttle? Is it the first shuttle that went into space or the first that went to the moon?

2. Again, Davinci designed flying machines. Is that revolutionary or is it the Wright Brothers who expanded upon it? Are we talking just planes or do balloons and other flying machines count?

3. Who invented the automobile? What version of it? Was it just revolutionary that it existed at all or was it only revolutionary once Ford was able to make it cheaply enough for the masses?

4. Again, money or just currency in genral, how about just general trade?

If I'm following you correctly, I think you are perhaps saying that, in your view no one "vehicle" is revolutionary in itself but rather the intent and idea behind.

So instead of saying that Facebook is revolutionary, would you agree that the emergence of social networking/media is, and that Facebook is simply the current leader in that revolutionary field?

I think I could get behind that.

Cleo McDowell
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/80d2ccf9-0a5d-49dd-b5a6-b2f4c73e99ad.gif

TheReverend
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
1. Rocketry has existed since the ancient Chinese, so is that the revolution or is the first shuttle? Is it the first shuttle that went into space or the first that went to the moon?

2. Again, Davinci designed flying machines. Is that revolutionary or is it the Wright Brothers who expanded upon it? Are we talking just planes or do balloons and other flying machines count?

3. Who invented the automobile? What version of it? Was it just revolutionary that it existed at all or was it only revolutionary once Ford was able to make it cheaply enough for the masses?

4. Again, money or just currency in genral, how about just general trade?

If I'm following you correctly, I think you are perhaps saying that, in your view no one "vehicle" is revolutionary in itself but rather the intent and idea behind.

So instead of saying that Facebook is revolutionary, would you agree that the emergence of social networking/media is, and that Facebook is simply the current leader in that revolutionary field?

I think I could get behind that.

You know how ridiculous your post was.

jhns
06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
What do you think was the way the people spread the word of their hatred for the leadership in Egypt? Newspaper ads? TV ads? That would never see the light of day compared to FB users spreading the word.

There were revolutions before facebook. So, the methods they used before facebook?

bowtown
06-02-2011, 12:41 PM
You know how ridiculous your post was.

Yes my bullet points were, but I don't think the conclusion was.

TheReverend
06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Yes my bullet points were, but I don't think the conclusion was.

I'm glad you didn't want to put your name on:

Chinese Fireworks : Moon landing as Myspace : Facebook

I honestly would've cried.

Jetmeck
06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
They target you. Better than you have ever been able to be targeted.

I can't even be mad about it. It's beautiful.

Judge, take him away. He is clueless and unable to defend himself !

mkporter
06-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm glad you didn't want to put your name on:

Chinese Fireworks : Moon landing as Myspace : Facebook

I honestly would've cried.

Yikes! SAT flashback!

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Judge, take him away. He is clueless and unable to defend himself !

What? How so?

I can tell you exactly how you could be niche targeted by businesses better than any of those mediums.

Besides companies can't send stuff to your mail directly with the way pages are implemented. They can send notifications.

Are you one of those people who complains about FB because you don't understand how to use its basic functions? For a company or an entity that isn't a person to send you e-mail like that they have to create and app and you have to give them permission to do so. Explicitly.

Jason in LA
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM

I wouldn't say that something has to be original to be revolutionary.

Willynowei
06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
This is a little off topic but I think the worst thing by far on facebook is that stupid news feed. i don't want to know what a colleague from work is saying to some 18 year old girl he fancies, and likewise i don't want my friends/ex/gf/potential gfs/boss/colleagues seeing me hit on a girl, or say something stupid like, "last night was f***ing crazy".

Its to the point now that I put everything on private and never ever post anything. freaking stupid, give me the ability to filter my crap from going on newsfeed for the whole internet.

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
This is a little off topic but I think the worst thing by far on facebook is that stupid news feed. i don't want to know what a colleague from work is saying to some 18 year old girl he fancies, and likewise i don't want my friends/ex/gf/potential gfs/boss/colleagues seeing me hit on a girl, or say something stupid like, "last night was ****ing crazy".

Its to the point now that I put everything on private and never ever post anything. freaking stupid, give me the ability to filter my crap from going on newsfeed for the whole internet.

Social Networking. It is what you make of it. If your friends on FB suck your FB experience will suck.

This is like painting your house Yellow and complaining how damn Yellow the house is.

FB gives you the ability to filter absolutely everything.

cutthemdown
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Its funny to see people with college degrees not smart enough to customize the settings on facebook.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
This is a little off topic but I think the worst thing by far on facebook is that stupid news feed. i don't want to know what a colleague from work is saying to some 18 year old girl he fancies, and likewise i don't want my friends/ex/gf/potential gfs/boss/colleagues seeing me hit on a girl, or say something stupid like, "last night was ****ing crazy".

You can. That capability exists. If you don't use the capability, does that mean the technology sucks, or that you suck at using it?

Definitely blame facebook.

Willynowei
06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
You can. That capability exists. If you don't use the capability, does that mean the technology sucks, or that you suck at using it?

you cannot on facebook, its infuriating

Willynowei
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Social Networking. It is what you make of it. If your friends on FB suck your FB experience will suck.

This is like painting your house Yellow and complaining how damn Yellow the house is.

FB gives you the ability to filter absolutely everything.

wrong, it does not. You cannot filter what others see of you on the general news feed, it used to exist, but it doesn't fit with the thief's "vision". **** his vision.

OABB
06-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't say that something has to be original to be revolutionary.

true. but it has to be revolutionary to be revolutionary.

OABB
06-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Facebook must be destroyed...Obviously it's AI has reached levels not thought possible. Skynet has activated, and we are all doomed. Soon facebook will data mine for all our personal info and discover that in order to protect the planet, facebook must destroy the human race.

First thing it will do is stop farmville. people will not know what to do with their time."should I go outside?" "should I touch a female?" users will think. but they won't panic. Once facebook shuts down the thumbs up/ thumbs down feature, the global market place will go into panic. People will begin eating people just to survive.

When facebook understands that humanity is on it's brink of destruction, it will do the unthinkable. it will turn off the ability to post pictures of pursed lips and ab muscles. once phase three is implemented, facebook will than take control of the DOD and NORAD.

It's too late for all of us. FACEBOOK is here to serve man....and ITS A COOKBOOK!

mkporter
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
When facebook understands that humanity is on it's brink of destruction, it will do the unthinkable. it will turn off the ability to post pictures of pursed lips and ab muscles. once phase three is implemented, facebook will than take control of the DOD and NORAD.

It's too late for all of us. FACEBOOK is here to serve man....and ITS A COOKBOOK!

If this happens, I'm pretty sure Rev will go nuclear and save us all.

ROFL!

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
wrong, it does not. You cannot filter what others see of you on the general news feed, it used to exist, but it doesn't fit with the thief's "vision". **** his vision.

You don't know what you are talking about.

You can make lists of users.

You can restrict your posts to be seen to certain lists.

No worries. It has only been that way since 2008.

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/blog.php?post=11519877130

Willynowei
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
You don't know what you are talking about.

You can make lists of users.

You can restrict your posts to be seen to certain lists.

No worries. It has only been that way since 2008.

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/blog.php?post=11519877130

you are ****ing retarded.

Reread my post, read that bull**** you posted, think about why it that so much of facebook content cannot be restricted from newsfeed. Then read about what facebook privacy options were like when Newsfeed first came out, and then go kill yourself because you are a slow dumb **** and it took you that long just to get what the **** I'm saying.

**** off, chiefs fan.

Jason in LA
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM

I don't think that there would be a facebook without the news feed. I do agree that certain information should not end up on the news feed, and the privacy settings do not control everything. When I comment on somebody's photo or status, that shouldn't end up in anybody's news feed. The only things that should end up in the news feed is stuff that I put out there. Like if I put a status update, post a link to something, or change photos. I'm putting those things out there for people to see. But when I do something on somebody else's page, that shouldn't be broadcast to my friends.

Jason in LA
06-02-2011, 05:52 PM

The privacy settings are pretty faulty, and they don't allow you total control over certain things.

Jason in LA
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
true. but it has to be revolutionary to be revolutionary.

Yes, that's a different debate whether it is or not.

ZachKC
06-02-2011, 05:57 PM

Reread my post, read that bull**** you posted, think about why it that so much of facebook content cannot be restricted from newsfeed. Then read about what facebook privacy options were like when Newsfeed first came out, and then go kill yourself because you are a slow dumb **** and it took you that long just to get what the **** I'm saying.

**** off, chiefs fan.

Don't get mad at me because all of your disgusting sluts start drama with you on Facebook and you don't know how to handle it with the extensive privacy settings.

RhymesayersDU
06-02-2011, 06:13 PM
**** off, chiefs fan.

And keep your head on a swivel!

DHallblows
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM

**** off, chiefs fan.

You're talking like a 16 year old but have a 50 year old's working knowledge of Facebook...I'm confused

Willynowei
06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
You're talking like a 16 year old but have a 50 year old's working knowledge of Facebook...I'm confused

No i just know enough to know the limitations of those privacy settings.